PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Version

dmb8021
02-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Is there anyway to not use the mobile version on an ipod touch? I am not a fan. I don't like how you can't tell when there is a new post in a thread and you can't access any page but the first one before going on to whatever page you are looking to go to. I think it would be easier to use the normal version of the site. I have no problems using ufck as it is.

dsera
02-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Is there anyway to not use the mobile version on an ipod touch? I am not a fan. I don't like how you can't tell when there is a new post in a thread and you can't access any page but the first one before going on to whatever page you are looking to go to. I think it would be easier to use the normal version of the site. I have no problems using ufck as it is.
Sorry but right now that's all we have. I'm working on another mobile version myself since there aren't any really nice ones out there. I don't have much time right now so I'm slow moving on it. I'll have it done before tour time rolls around for sure.

dmb8021
02-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Sorry but right now that's all we have. I'm working on another mobile version myself since there aren't any really nice ones out there. I don't have much time right now so I'm slow moving on it. I'll have it done before tour time rolls around for sure.

There is absolutely no way to get TDC Style Oldschool to work on it, or at least have the choice?

dsera
02-19-2008, 10:21 AM
There is absolutely no way to get TDC Style Oldschool to work on it, or at least have the choice?
No because if I allow the change of skins on mobile then the mobile version can't be the default as you log in from there and still have your normal skin when you log in from a computer.

Poth Ead
02-19-2008, 09:12 PM
How come DMBc doesn't load properly?
Seems like some icons won't load? Is it just my browser?
Thanks in advance for the response... :D

dmb8021
02-20-2008, 02:59 PM
How come DMBc doesn't load properly?
Seems like some icons won't load? Is it just my browser?
Thanks in advance for the response... :D

which icons?

Poth Ead
02-20-2008, 04:47 PM
the icons just to the left of the thread links...

http://70.87.75.238/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

dmb8021
02-21-2008, 12:08 AM
the icons just to the left of the thread links...

http://70.87.75.238/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Link isn't working, but the little arrows that go to the first unread post? If so, I don't have those either. I just think they aren't part of the mobile version.

Sinister Minister
06-09-2008, 06:49 AM
I would really like it if this page was a little easier on the eyes in mobile mode. Maybe just add some color. The black and white is hard on the eyes

DMBZeppelin
06-26-2008, 06:18 AM
Any chance replying to quote will be added? When I post soundcheck info, it be easier to answer questions. Outside of that I think it's all fine.

Tambourine Man
07-25-2008, 01:35 AM
I wish there was a way to trick the phone into not loading the mobile version

fan42days
05-01-2009, 03:44 PM
was just going to come in here and suggest a better mobile version for posting from my iPhone. Ants has a great mobile version just a heads up. Any way we could get tdc mobile go look like that would be great.

1t. Dan
06-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Just got an iPhone and I came here to request the same thing as above. That would be awesome.

dm40band
06-24-2009, 02:19 AM
Just got an iPhone and I came here to request the same thing as above. That would be awesome.

why would you want the mobile version in the first place?

1t. Dan
06-24-2009, 06:49 PM
why would you want the mobile version in the first place?
So I can post from my iPhone?

Not sure what you are getting at there

dm40band
06-24-2009, 10:49 PM
So I can post from my iPhone?

Not sure what you are getting at there

i have the iPhone, you can post using the regular skin

1t. Dan
06-25-2009, 05:09 PM
i have the iPhone, you can post using the regular skin
yeah but it is slow as balls and hard to navigate. Have you even looked at ants iPhone version? It looks like an app, it's awesome.

Crumbo
06-25-2009, 08:32 PM
there's 2 mobile versions out there that kinda work

the iphone version is very cool but needs a lot of tweaking (coding) to get it right

the other one is plain as hell and also need a lot of tweaking (coding) to get it right

nobody has come out and made a really good version for vb 3.8.x

somebody is working on an iphone app (which will cost money) for vb, but you have to register your site (and agree to some other stuff) to "join"

1t. Dan
06-26-2009, 12:11 AM
there's 2 mobile versions out there that kinda work

the iphone version is very cool but needs a lot of tweaking (coding) to get it right

the other one is plain as hell and also need a lot of tweaking (coding) to get it right

nobody has come out and made a really good version for vb 3.8.x

somebody is working on an iphone app (which will cost money) for vb, but you have to register your site (and agree to some other stuff) to "join"
I haven't really had any issues at all with the Ants iPhone version. Works very quickly and looks nice.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5940/img0038.png

Crumbo
06-26-2009, 12:42 AM
reading is a skill

needs a lot of tweaking (coding) to get it right

Caveat Emperor
06-26-2009, 03:31 PM
yeah but it is slow as balls and hard to navigate.

Not really.

I got the new iPhone last week and have been reading TDC.org a ton from court. Speed is just fine, and navigation isn't all that difficult -- zoom in if you're having trouble selecting smaller icons.

1t. Dan
06-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Look, I'm on my phone right now, and obviously it works fine, but if you think it is even remotley as easy to navigate as ants iPhone version then there is 100% something wrong with you.

1t. Dan
07-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Anyone? Yes/no?

Caveat Emperor
07-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Anyone? Yes/no?

Did you miss the part where they said the coding required to mimic the Ants version was difficult?

It takes a pair to demand more features (and, hence, more work from the admins) from a site that isn't run for profit and doesn't charge you a dime to access.

1t. Dan
07-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Did you miss the part where they said the coding required to mimic the Ants version was difficult?

It takes a pair to demand more features (and, hence, more work from the admins) from a site that isn't run for profit and doesn't charge you a dime to access.
I guess I did miss that part. I figured it would be easy, like just copy/paste, but then again I know nothing about web design.

toms
06-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Just a reminder that Tapatalk and Forumrunner are installed and there are apps for both on iphone and droid.

raven
07-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Tapatalk works very well for me. The Android version seems a little better