PDA

View Full Version : So I caught Death Cab in Norfolk Fri night.

bsan83
11-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Good live show, definitely a lot more energetic than I expected. Got there late and missed the first couple of songs, was walking in as they were starting Summer Skin. Pretty Plans-heavy, but that was to be expected. From what I remember, we got Company Calls, Photobooth, Movie Script Ending, What Sarah Said, Soul Meets Body, I Will Follow You into the Dark, and the main set ended with We Looked Like Giants and Transatlanticism. Encore was Marching Bands, Expo 86, a cover I was unfamiliar with (by this band called The Sonics), and Sound of Settling to end it all.

One thing that really stuck out was that they take literally no time in between songs. They're practically running around the stage to go from one song to the next. Definitely wasn't used to that. :lol

Certainly worth checking them out if you get the chance.

Crumbo
11-12-2006, 12:51 PM
*yawn*

dsera
11-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Not familiar with their stuff. Bill, if I wanted to grab something to listen and check them out, what would you suggest?

Crumbo
11-12-2006, 12:58 PM
I think they are on the archive :)

bsan83
11-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Not familiar with their stuff. Bill, if I wanted to grab something to listen and check them out, what would you suggest?

Transatlanticism is probably their best album; I'd start there. Plans and We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes are both kind of mixed bags.

dsera
11-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Transatlanticism is probably their best album; I'd start there. Plans and We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes are both kind of mixed bags.
okay I'll check out a few songs from that then :upyours

sarge
11-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Good live show, definitely a lot more energetic than I expected. Got there late and missed the first couple of songs, was walking in as they were starting Summer Skin. Pretty Plans-heavy, but that was to be expected. From what I remember, we got Company Calls, Photobooth, Movie Script Ending, What Sarah Said, Soul Meets Body, I Will Follow You into the Dark, and the main set ended with We Looked Like Giants and Transatlanticism. Encore was Marching Bands, Expo 86, a cover I was unfamiliar with (by this band called The Sonics), and Sound of Settling to end it all.

One thing that really stuck out was that they take literally no time in between songs. They're practically running around the stage to go from one song to the next. Definitely wasn't used to that. :lol

Certainly worth checking them out if you get the chance.
i have just started listening to them and well and i dig transatlanticism and Plans

jumpin joey
11-17-2006, 12:24 AM
foribidden love EP

toms
11-17-2006, 12:31 AM
bill, egypt reunion show in C'ville, Friday December 29 at the Outback Lodge....this is joe lawlors old band! funk for peace

kern
11-17-2006, 12:39 AM
awesome in dc. transatlanicism is my favorite.

dmbowns
11-17-2006, 01:04 AM
SO THIS IS THE NEW YEAR! :rawk

Wescoast
11-17-2006, 01:06 AM
missed out on seeing them here in sd a month or so ago. ill catch them one of these days soon.

captainbluntmofo
11-17-2006, 02:25 AM
Met the lead singer at a PJ show and he was beyond nice.

Kit_Kat
11-17-2006, 02:26 AM
was ted leo with them? if so how is his live show? they're coming around here and I might want to go.

booya
11-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Got there late and missed the first couple of songs, was walking in as they were starting Summer Skin.

this means you missed Ted Leo, which I assume would be the best part of this show.

bsan83
11-17-2006, 10:32 AM
this means you missed Ted Leo, which I assume would be the best part of this show.

I don't really care for Ted Leo at all. Having gone to school in RI for 4 years and working at my college radio station, I've had a lot of chances to check him out and I really just never got into him.

Naediel
11-17-2006, 01:13 PM
They were pretty good when I saw them... but thought it was way too short. Wasn't even an hour and a half. If they had played a couple more songs I would've been happy.