11-17-2006, 02:09 AM
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q167/WalterKronkite/arresteddevelopment.jpg

RdbZRST2Byw

Koko the Monkey
11-17-2006, 02:13 AM
great show

bigtrain21
11-17-2006, 02:14 AM
It was a great show. Fox is a bunch of idiots for screwing that up...

FishMonkeyMan
11-17-2006, 02:17 AM
one of my favorite shows ever, but truthfully, i really do give fox credit for trying with arrested. it just wasnt a show cut out for network tv. if it could have been done at a lower budget on cable, then it would have done much better.

dsera
11-17-2006, 02:22 AM
You can watch a few of the episodes here:
http://tvlinks.voodeedoo.org/Arrested%20Development_links.html

Also I have all the seasons downloaded in HDTV format so if anyone is missing any, I'd gladly do a B&P for you. :upyours

FishMonkeyMan
11-17-2006, 02:24 AM
its also on g4 every day so set your tivo... yesterday was the finale so im guessing they started over today.

bigtrain21
11-17-2006, 02:26 AM
one of my favorite shows ever, but truthfully, i really do give fox credit for trying with arrested. it just wasnt a show cut out for network tv. if it could have been done at a lower budget on cable, then it would have done much better.

That is one way to look at it. I think some of the slots they picked for it were kind of questionable but that was mainly towards the end when they put it up against shows it had no chance against.

I think the hardest thing that show had to deal with was the fact that it probably took 1 episode to be funny from the start and then once you learned the characters it was hilarious from then on. I watched the first episode on DVD and thought it was stupid but watched the second one and thought it was funny and from then on thought it was great. I went back and watched the first episode after watching the whole first season just to see if it would be funny and that first episode was actually very funny. I just didn't know the characters watching that first time so it wasn't funny. I am not sure if that made any sense but I know what I am trying to say...:lol

FishMonkeyMan
11-17-2006, 02:28 AM
yeah you could never get into it later.

MattHAus
11-17-2006, 02:47 AM
great show from what i've seen, only got the first 7 episodes.

bigtrain21
11-17-2006, 02:47 AM
great show from what i've seen, only got the first 7 episodes.

Season 2 is even better IMO...

Nitro1515
11-17-2006, 09:42 AM
"Bonus..."
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1351/picture1gi2.png

Gary.
11-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm 30.

Naediel
11-17-2006, 02:42 PM
What a show.

FishMonkeyMan
11-17-2006, 02:51 PM
has it ever occured to anyone how A) george michael's age makes no sense, as far as continuity, especially considering he learns to drive during the course of the series, and B) michael was really young when george michael was born.

Brer Funk
11-17-2006, 05:59 PM
has it ever occured to anyone how A) george michael's age makes no sense, as far as continuity, especially considering he learns to drive during the course of the series, and B) michael was really young when george michael was born.

I never thought about that.. they don't ever mention Michael's age do they?

FishMonkeyMan
11-17-2006, 06:03 PM
I never thought about that.. they don't ever mention Michael's age do they?

well he was supposed to be lyndseys twin and they said she thought was 37 when she discovered she was 40, so that would imply he was 37 when the show ended.. and therefore 21 or so when george michael was born. there were always wierd hints about his wife, and i feel like if the show had gone on for another few years they had intended to go into that, but i wonder if it was the case of he knocked her up and they got married for that reason.

sarge
11-17-2006, 06:14 PM
its also on g4 every day so set your tivo... yesterday was the finale so im guessing they started over today.
i tivo it there. can't get enough

Smylie
11-17-2006, 06:26 PM
well he was supposed to be lyndseys twin and they said she thought was 37 when she discovered she was 40, so that would imply he was 37 when the show ended.. and therefore 21 or so when george michael was born. there were always wierd hints about his wife, and i feel like if the show had gone on for another few years they had intended to go into that, but i wonder if it was the case of he knocked her up and they got married for that reason.

21 wouldnt have been that young to have a kid in the 80s. I think they made it well known both GM and Meabe were around 16, considering they were in HS, learning to drive, and she had a 16th birthday :lol

This needs to be in this thread for anyone intrested:
http://stores.ebay.com/VIP-AUCTIONS_Arrested-Development_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ3QQftidZ2QQtZkm

FishMonkeyMan
11-17-2006, 06:50 PM
21 is really young for rich people in blue states to have kids. no offense meant to anyone in this thread, but people that dont live in midwestern religious households dont intentionally have kids at 21.. some rich people stupidly get married that young, but few have kids at 21. i believe tobias/lyndsey just on the grounds that from the first episode they say that she married him just to piss off her parents... but with michael there were always wierd small mentions of his wife that to me implied there was an eventual storyline that would get into it.. as for what that means, im not sure.

FishMonkeyMan
11-17-2006, 06:51 PM
oh and is this movie still being discussed anywhere?

Smylie
11-17-2006, 06:56 PM
21 is really young for rich people in blue states to have kids. no offense meant to anyone in this thread, but people that dont live in midwestern religious households dont intentionally have kids at 21.. some rich people stupidly get married that young, but few have kids at 21.

I'm 21 and about to graduate college. I'm from a upper middle class/rich area in Cleveland. Most my friends parents are in their 40's, thus having their first kid between 21-25. But back in the early 80s it was more common then now, where none of my friends are married or have kids.

Smylie
11-17-2006, 06:56 PM
oh and is this movie still being discussed anywhere?

Last I heard of it was from Tony at the TV award show. Im sure its still being discussed in some form, we'll know when its dead.

FishMonkeyMan
11-17-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm 21 and about to graduate college. I'm from a upper middle class/rich area in Cleveland. Most my friends parents are in their 40's, thus having their first kid between 21-25.

i didnt say it had anything to do with education level, i said it had to do with geography and family background. rich coastal non religous people dont have kids at 21. midwestern and rural/suburban christians do. this is not an insult, its different value systems. the bluths are a secular family with lots of money.. im not even saying this is a republican/democrat thing.. because the bluths would most likely be fiscal conservatives, not cultural conservatives.

Gary.
11-17-2006, 07:53 PM
21 is really young for rich people in blue states to have kids. no offense meant to anyone in this thread, but people that dont live in midwestern religious households dont intentionally have kids at 21.. some rich people stupidly get married that young, but few have kids at 21. i believe tobias/lyndsey just on the grounds that from the first episode they say that she married him just to piss off her parents... but with michael there were always wierd small mentions of his wife that to me implied there was an eventual storyline that would get into it.. as for what that means, im not sure.

wow.

slugmother
11-17-2006, 09:38 PM
i didnt say it had anything to do with education level, i said it had to do with geography and family background. rich coastal non religous people dont have kids at 21. midwestern and rural/suburban christians do. this is not an insult, its different value systems. the bluths are a secular family with lots of money.. im not even saying this is a republican/democrat thing.. because the bluths would most likely be fiscal conservatives, not cultural conservatives.

you are the most sickeningly political person on these boards

seriously, grow up.

FishMonkeyMan
11-17-2006, 09:50 PM
you are the most sickeningly political person on these boards

seriously, grow up.

i dont think its crazy to wonder what caused a rich secular guy (when they did episodes mocking religious people and making it a point that they werent - remember just about everything having to do with ann) to have gotten married and had a kid so young. this isnt a political thing im just saying i think there was a whole plot line that they were never able to get to because the show didnt last long enough.

Smylie
11-17-2006, 09:55 PM
I just think you're an idiot

slugmother
11-17-2006, 11:05 PM

Gary.
11-18-2006, 01:11 AM
i dont think its crazy to wonder what caused a rich secular guy (when they did episodes mocking religious people and making it a point that they werent - remember just about everything having to do with ann) to have gotten married and had a kid so young. this isnt a political thing im just saying i think there was a whole plot line that they were never able to get to because the show didnt last long enough.

dude, its a fucking tv show. you're such a partisan hack.

Gary.
11-18-2006, 01:11 AM
for good measure:

Gary.
11-18-2006, 01:12 AM
LET'S GET THIS THREAD BACK TO WHERE IT BELONGS!

this one's for you, fishmonger.

http://badgas.co.uk/lynndie/arrested_development.jpg

Nitro1515
12-04-2006, 03:21 AM
"Yeah I'm gonna need a leather jacket for when I'm on my hog and need to go into a controlled slide."

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7900/picture4ic1.png