PDA

View Full Version : The Boston Red Sox Thread

Jack
11-17-2006, 04:25 PM
For some reason I think there are a bunch of Sox fans on here, so we should have our own thread.

I'm really liking the D-Mat scenario, and imho the 51.1 is not as big of a deal as some have made it. Certainly DiceK, Pappelballs, Beckett, Schilling and Wakefield has a tremendous potential. Going forward, if Lester can make a full recovery we have potentially four young stud pitchers with Bard et al on the way. Thank you Theo.

I'm down on trading Manny. He's making Frank Thomas money in this market, and he's arguably the best right handing hitter in the league.

I'm down on J.D. Drew. 5/56 is the height of insanity, 4/44 is stomachable, but still lunacy. I know Epstein has long had half stock for Drew, but he really needs to think this through. He's simply getting what Trot Nixon could have been without Trot's mentality. Not going to help us. Matt Murton anyone? But, I know, I know, we won the world series.

Lugo? Eh, I need to see the numbers.

I still like the overall game plan. Should be an exciting hot stove season for us.

bsan83
11-17-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm ecstatic about DMat. It sounds like we basically got Japan's Petey, and we're a team that has the resources to drop a stupid bid like we did. (Any Boston fan that cries poorhouse about the Red Sox and complains about the Yankees payroll is just idiotic.) This guy can be Schill's replacement at the top of the rotation after next year, and going into next year we have a top 4 of the rotation that rivals any team in baseball with Schill, DMat, Beckett, and Papelbon.

4-5 years for JD Drew is morbidly retarded. He would last one year in Boston before the media and fanbase ate the guy alive. If they're intent on signing him, then I can deal with 2 years, even at the money they're talking. However, if they have him in mind as Manny's replacement should they trade him, then they are sorely mistaken. A guy who plays 115 games/yr and Julio Lugo (who their fascination with him confuses the hell out of me) is not even close to the type of lineup protection for Ortiz that a future Hall of Famer like Manny can provide.

My biggest concern with this team right now is the bullpen. I think Hansen and Delcarmen have the stuff to be the closer and set up guys, respectively, but are they ready now? Does Foulke have anything left in the tank? Will they put Mike Timlin out to pasture, for the love of God please?

Wild_Moose
11-17-2006, 05:16 PM
and Julio Lugo (who their fascination with him confuses the hell out of me)

:upyours I just dont see why they love him, I will be extremely disappointed if the sox put out a Pedroia/Lugo combination

Jack
11-17-2006, 05:23 PM
My biggest concern with this team right now is the bullpen. I think Hansen and Delcarmen have the stuff to be the closer and set up guys, respectively, but are they ready now? Does Foulke have anything left in the tank? Will they put Mike Timlin out to pasture, for the love of God please?

See, the red sox spend stupid money when it makes sense. DiceK makes sense. They will make that bid back and more over four years. I definately think it was a smart move.

As I said, Drew is what trot could have been but lacking his mental make up. No way he makes it in Boston. I'm not even sure he likes baseball.

Foulke is gone. The sox declined the team option and he did not exercise his (3.75?) player option. He got a (1.25) buyout. He'll end up in Arizona probably. Byrnes loved him.

Yea, bullpen is our biggest problem after middle infeild. However, the pen is everyones problem and people are going to overpay for mediocre talent.

Maybe we can con houston into some sort of pena plus for lidge.

Wild_Moose
11-17-2006, 05:28 PM
See, the red sox spend stupid money when it makes sense. DiceK makes sense. They will make that bid back and more over four years. I definately think it was a smart move.

As I said, Drew is what trot could have been but lacking his mental make up. No way he makes it in Boston. I'm not even sure he likes baseball.

Foulke is gone. The sox declined the team option and he did not exercise his (3.75?) player option. He got a (1.25) buyout. He'll end up in Arizona probably. Byrnes loved him.

Yea, bullpen is our biggest problem after middle infeild. However, the pen is everyones problem and people are going to overpay for mediocre talent.

Lidge? Im not sure I want a NL pitcher that put up 1-5 32 saves, 6 blown saves, and a 5.28 in 06 in the NL to come into to boston and try to close

Jack
11-17-2006, 05:29 PM
:upyours I just dont see why they love him, I will be extremely disappointed if the sox put out a Pedroia/Lugo combination

I just don't want to have to look at his juicy ass face for 162 games.

As far as pedroia, we already have a 'shouldn't be a major leaguer widebody on base guy' in youk, and I don't see how you can win in the al with youklis, crisp, pedroia, cora/lugo, a breaking down v-tek, an over the hill lowell, and jd drew/pena lineup. I see that as a recipe for disaster. Certainly with a manny trade.

bsan83
11-17-2006, 05:30 PM

I mentioned this on ebasement, but I'm a firm believer that you pump all the money you reasonably can into the rotation, particularly for young power pitchers, and the Sox now have a rotation built around three 26 year olds who throw in the mid 90s, each with a filthy off-speed pitch as well. I wouldn't draw that up any differently.

Wasn't aware about Foulke, and while Lidge sounds intriguing, I'm worried that putting him in the AL East after having been Pujolsed could end horribly. :lol But then again, there isn't much else out there.

Jack
11-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Lidge? Im not sure I want a NL pitcher that put up 1-5 32 saves, 6 blown saves, and a 5.28 in 06 in the NL to come into to boston and try to close

well, yea, he's never been the same after giving up that bomb to pujols in the nlcs, but he's got the skill. short of Danys Baez (sp) or taking a flier on gagne what else is there?

I guess we could try and sweet talk Clemens into becoming our closer?

bsan83
11-17-2006, 05:33 PM
well, yea, he's never been the same after giving up that bomb to pujols in the nlcs, but he's got the skill. short of Danys Baez (sp) or taking a flier on gagne what else is there?

I guess we could try and sweet talk Clemens into becoming our closer?

Fuck the Texas Con Man. Particularly when he'll want 20 mil to waltz in here for a half season.

Jack
11-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Fuck the Texas Con Man. Particularly when he'll want 20 mil to waltz in here for a half season.

pro rated 20 mil. Honestly, they'd sell 20 million worth of clemens jerseys. I really think he is coming back (and want to see it). Maybe he'll drag pettit with him and we'll have a front line bullpen.

do we just tell matt clement to stay home? what are they possibly going to do with him?

bsan83
11-17-2006, 05:37 PM
pro rated 20 mil. Honestly, they'd sell 20 million worth of clemens jerseys. I really think he is coming back (and want to see it). Maybe he'll drag pettit with him and we'll have a front line bullpen.

do we just tell matt clement to stay home? what are they possibly going to do with him?

Clement and Drew would probably get along way too well.

Jack
11-17-2006, 05:37 PM
and also. it's just money. THat's what I like about the dmat thing. We're not trading prospects. I can live with bad deals involving only money, but you remember the schillings', bagwells, sanchezes, murtons et al.

Jack
11-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Clement and Drew would probably get along way too well.

I still feel bad for clement. Everytime I think about him that scene of him lying on the turf at the trop with his little son putting his hand on the television and saying, "get up daddy, get up. please get up, daddy."

I was really happy when it turned out he was actually seriously injured last year, proving to his teamates he wasn't being a pussy. Just like with Williamson when Schill called him out in 03.

bsan83
11-17-2006, 05:42 PM
I had just got in from golfing with my Dad and we were watching that game and having a beer at the clubhouse when he got pegged. That was absolutely horrifying.

And as much as I appreciate what Schill's done for this team on the field, he's such a douche. :lol

pgr17
11-17-2006, 05:43 PM
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1136/bddteps3sds111706zv2.jpg

Sox GM Offered Store Owner $51,100 for Exclusive Rights to Cut the Line and Purchase a PS3 This Morning

Epstein Then Paid $5,000 for the PS3 Console even Though the Unit Was Priced at Only $500

“Clearly I believe PS3 has really fine features and graphics and it would be a great fit in my living room,” said Epstein, who wouldn’t disclose the amount paid. “I'm excited to move on to the next step of the process and read the manual.” -- 11.17.06, Theo Epstein

Jack
11-17-2006, 05:43 PM
And as much as I appreciate what Schill's done for this team on the field, he's such a douche. :lol

I took a strange pride in watching him get slaughtered on jeopardy :lol

Jack
11-17-2006, 05:45 PM
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1136/bddteps3sds111706zv2.jpg

alright, that writeup is really funny.

bsan83
Curt from the Cah, you're on with the Big O!

<slams head through desk>

Wild_Moose
He's easily one of my least favorite players on the Sox

pgr17
11-17-2006, 05:47 PM
f curt. i hate listening to him during D&C (two more people i hate) when he just wakes up. awful.

bsan83
11-17-2006, 05:50 PM
f curt. i hate listening to him during D&C (two more people i hate) when he just wakes up. awful.

Nothing gets your morning started the right way like listening to Callahan's racist soapbox political rants.

pgr17
11-17-2006, 05:52 PM
that's why i can't listen to them... i like dale & holley and at times - the big show. luckily i only catch it coming home from work and it is usually a couple minutes before the whiner line. outside of that it is just too much of them yelling on top of one another.

Jack
11-17-2006, 05:57 PM
there's nothing worse than trying to translate a five minute bitch fest between Diossi and smeales. Those guys =:duh

Wild_Moose
11-17-2006, 05:58 PM
that's why i can't listen to them... i like dale & holley and at times - the big show. luckily i only catch it coming home from work and it is usually a couple minutes before the whiner line. outside of that it is just too much of them yelling on top of one another.
:upyours, I cant stand D+C anymore. Dale and Holley is enjoyable for the most part, but I can really get sick of Dale Arnold at times. The Big Show can be enjoyable, but too often someone makes some really stupid remark, sticks to it, and it just turns to screaming for 10 minutes

Jack
12-04-2006, 01:28 PM
looks like they are going to make the Drew signing official here before too long. 4/56 with a fifth year option.:screwy :oar :whatever :bitchslap :nono :boohoo :wtf :lame :nutkick :angry :scared

bsan83
12-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Sorry, I just threw up in my mouth.

greppson
12-06-2006, 01:30 PM
i have never been a fan of lugo. ugh. i just don't like him.

Buddy The Elf
12-06-2006, 01:43 PM
5 years $70 for J.D. Drew....hope boston has some good farm outfielders

Jack
12-06-2006, 01:47 PM
5 years $70 for J.D. Drew....hope boston has some good farm outfielders

seriously. All we can hope now is he turns out to be a Fred Lynn/Bruce Hurst type player who is driven by the baseball environment. Christ.

I really don't want to look at lugo for 162.

There are reports that manny may be traded before the end of the day. I say he doesn't move.

bsan83
12-06-2006, 02:04 PM
seriously. All we can hope now is he turns out to be a Fred Lynn/Bruce Hurst type player who is driven by the baseball environment. Christ.

There are reports that manny may be traded before the end of the day. I say he doesn't move.

Yup, though if they move him, I can tolerate it being to the Dodgers, provided we get basically the pick of their farm system.

And fuck that wife-beating piece of trash Lugo. I hope he's booed out of town within 2 months.

Buddy The Elf
12-06-2006, 02:07 PM

IF manny goes you can get last place all warm for the SoX. papi will be walked/hit a few times a game and there will be no one to drive him in once he is on base.

Jack
12-06-2006, 02:56 PM
IF manny goes you can get last place all warm for the SoX. papi will be walked/hit a few times a game and there will be no one to drive him in once he is on base.

There was a great montage on NESN last night talking to all the al east managers. It was pretty funny how happy they all were about it. Maddon basically said they would never pitch to ortiz.

Jack
12-06-2006, 03:00 PM
And fuck that wife-beating piece of trash Lugo. I hope he's booed out of town within 2 months.

Pretty sure Lugo was completely exonerated, but fuck him anyway. Though:

Lugo
Crisp
Ortiz
Manny
Drew
Lowell
Varitek
Youklis
Pedroia/Cora

is a fairly decent lineup.

The only thing now is that they basically have to trade manny to get the help they need in the relief corps. I was really happy last night when Epstein referred to Drew as a nice 'complimentary' player (and I don't even want to get into spending 70 mil on a complimentary player).

dmb0226
12-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Pretty sure Lugo was completely exonerated, but fuck him anyway. Though:

Lugo
Crisp
Ortiz
Manny
Drew
Lowell
Varitek
Youklis
Pedroia/Cora

is a fairly decent lineup.

The only thing now is that they basically have to trade manny to get the help they need in the relief corps. I was really happy last night when Epstein referred to Drew as a nice 'complimentary' player (and I don't even want to get into spending 70 mil on a complimentary player).

i agree. that lineup is definitely not bad looking. BUT if manny goes, the Drew deal will be virtually worthless

bsan83
12-13-2006, 10:38 AM
So, Boras and Dice-K should be chasing the plane down the runway soon.

Ledge
12-13-2006, 10:42 AM
So, Boras and Dice-K should be chasing the plane down the runway soon.

They are stuck over a measly $3 million a year.

bsan83
12-13-2006, 10:44 AM
They aren't stuck. It's just typical Boras brinkmanship. It gets done, probably right in the middle at 9.5 per.

Jack
12-13-2006, 12:12 PM
They aren't stuck. It's just typical Boras brinkmanship. It gets done, probably right in the middle at 9.5 per.

I think so. This is getting ridiculous, though.

There is a part of me that hopes they tell Boras to stuff it, but a bigger part that wants to see him in a sox uniform.

I just don't see how Boras can justify loosing many millions of dollars from future japanese clients for a few million with Dice-K.

Jack
12-13-2006, 12:28 PM
via weei, looks like they all on Henry's plane heading back to Boston.

bsan83
12-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Truly a shocking development here. Never would have expected things to come together at the 11th hour w/ Boras negotiating. :lol

Buddy The Elf
12-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Truly a shocking development here. Never would have expected things to come together at the 11th hour w/ Boras negotiating. :lol

but it's the red sox. management would have had to listen to the fans and presss all season on what could have been if they had just paid up. So now the sox are going to over pay for a guy who has never made a pitch in MLB.

Buddy The Elf
12-13-2006, 01:00 PM
double post

bsan83
12-13-2006, 01:02 PM
If Dice-K is at all as good as the reports say he is, he'll be well worth the contract.

And everyone -- the Red Sox, Dice-K, Boras, Seibu -- lost if the contract didn't get done. It always was going to get done.

Now let's hope his shoulder doesn't look like Petey's. :lol

greppson
12-13-2006, 01:40 PM
rumor out of houston:

red sox made offer to clemens...

http://blogs.chron.com/lopezblog/archives/2006/12/red_sox_to_be_c.html

Buddy The Elf
12-13-2006, 01:46 PM
rumor out of houston:

red sox made offer to clemens...

http://blogs.chron.com/lopezblog/archives/2006/12/red_sox_to_be_c.html

they will not have enough money to pay for clemens:lol
he will either be an Astor or a Yankee next season

Buddy The Elf
12-13-2006, 01:47 PM
4 years 36million for Lugo holy christ

Wescoast
12-13-2006, 01:47 PM
are they signing that asian guy?

Wescoast
12-13-2006, 01:48 PM
4 years 36million for Lugo holy christ

the free agent market this year is insane. why would anyone give him half that? wtf.

Buddy The Elf
12-13-2006, 01:49 PM
are they signing that asian guy?

he is on a plane with borass and management.
borass said he would not let him on a plane to boston w/o some sort of agreement. so it looks like something got done over the past couple of hours

Buddy The Elf
12-13-2006, 01:49 PM
the free agent market this year is insane. why would anyone give him half that? wtf.

out of f'ing control!!!
Boston is just pissing money away at this point with all there signings:lol

Jack
12-14-2006, 01:21 PM
boras was lucchinowned and then theowned on this one.

dsera
08-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Okay Dice might have given up 2 HR tonight but he also just hit 10 SO. That's impressive. :rawk

deedisdone81
08-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Okay Dice might have given up 2 HR tonight but he also just hit 10 SO. That's impressive. :rawk

Yeah that was a huge boost in my fantasy scores tonight, Plus Papelbohns save.

Dice K pitched very well tonight :upyours

dsera
09-02-2007, 01:14 PM
3 baseball fans are out back of the All Star game and see a naked woman passed out in the street.

The fans (Yankees, Mets, Red Sox) all take off their caps and place them on the girl.

The Red Sox fan covers 1 breast, the Mets fan the other, and the Yankees fan the genital area.

Along comes a cop and sees this suspicious activity and questions the men about what they are doing.

He then takes out his notepad and tries to put the crime together He lifts off the Sox hat, puts it back down, does the same with the Mets hat, then gets to the Yankees hat... he takes it on and off the genitals a dozen times and then starts writing something in his notepad.

One of the guys says "hey, what are you doing officer? You some kind of perv?"

To which the officer replies "Nope, it¹s just that when I usually look under a Yankees cap, I see an asshole."

Buddy The Elf
09-03-2007, 06:26 PM
3 baseball fans are out back of the All Star game and see a naked woman passed out in the street.

The fans (Yankees, Mets, Red Sox) all take off their caps and place them on the girl.

The Red Sox fan covers 1 breast, the Mets fan the other, and the Yankees fan the genital area.

Along comes a cop and sees this suspicious activity and questions the men about what they are doing.

He then takes out his notepad and tries to put the crime together He lifts off the Sox hat, puts it back down, does the same with the Mets hat, then gets to the Yankees hat... he takes it on and off the genitals a dozen times and then starts writing something in his notepad.

One of the guys says "hey, what are you doing officer? You some kind of perv?"

To which the officer replies "Nope, itıs just that when I usually look under a Yankees cap, I see an asshole."

5 years late on this joke:loser

dsera
09-03-2007, 06:49 PM
5 years late on this joke:loser
Fuck you Keith!

dm40band
09-16-2007, 10:26 PM
that was an intense bottom half of the inning to close it.... Rivera finally gets it done!!! sorry Cristina :) im looking forward to facing each other in the playoffs

dsera
09-16-2007, 10:28 PM
that was an intense bottom half of the inning to close it.... Rivera finally gets it done!!! sorry Cristina :) im looking forward to facing each other in the playoffs
Ugh. My away message pretty much says it all.

Adrian
09-16-2007, 10:43 PM

Yes!! Rivera's been shaky and I'm hoping for an ALCS game against them

dm40band
09-17-2007, 03:49 AM
Yes!! Rivera's been shaky and I'm hoping for an ALCS game against them

i know this is a Red Sox thread and i dont want to be a dick and take over starting to talk about the Yanks but if it basically stays the way it is Sox play Indians and Yanks play the Angels it will be a tough divisional series for both the Red Sox and Yanks...

hey Cristina i hope u know i wasnt trying to come off as an asshole

Buddy The Elf
09-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Fuck you Keith!

NO NO...FUCK YOU....great series this weekend:lmao

pgr17
09-17-2007, 09:34 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MAME115091706_1024x768.jpg
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MAME124091705_1024x768.jpg
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MAME116091706_1024x768.jpg

Buddy The Elf
09-17-2007, 09:40 AM
When did that take place Phil? ahhaha

pgr17
09-17-2007, 09:42 AM
i think in the 7th inning... he also tried to high-five Hinske.

the look on his face is great.

Buddy The Elf
09-17-2007, 09:45 AM

oh...Pats game was a little more important last night:banana

pgr17
09-17-2007, 09:47 AM
indeed it was. what a great game.

would have been nice though if Papi would have come through.

Buddy The Elf
09-17-2007, 09:58 AM
indeed it was. what a great game.

would have been nice though if Papi would have come through.

right...after the blown call at first on Damon:rolleyes

dsera
09-17-2007, 10:17 AM
NO NO...FUCK YOU....great series this weekend:lmao
i hate you.

Buddy The Elf
09-17-2007, 10:36 AM
i hate you.

Can we hug this out please?

pgr17
09-17-2007, 11:19 AM
http://www.chatting.vg/e2/hug.gif

...sorry, it got a little weird.

dmbfan36_23
09-17-2007, 11:28 AM

It was hilarious in person.... the dude was haulin' ass... at first we all thought he was running out to take Hinske's shin guard then realized he wasn't supposed to be on the field

dmbfan36_23
09-17-2007, 11:30 AM
i know this is a Red Sox thread and i dont want to be a dick and take over starting to talk about the Yanks but if it basically stays the way it is Sox play Indians and Yanks play the Angels it will be a tough divisional series for both the Red Sox and Yanks...
If it goes down like that I really think it'll be a Sox/Angels ALCS.... Angels pwn3d the Yankees (6 games to 3) and the Red Sox are 5 and 2 against the tribe this season....

Phan
09-17-2007, 11:35 AM
If it goes down like that I really think it'll be a Sox/Angels ALCS.... Angels pwn3d the Yankees (6 games to 3) and the Red Sox are 5 and 2 against the tribe this season....

I want no part of the angles this oct

dmbfan36_23
09-17-2007, 11:43 AM
I want no part of the angles this oct
You'll need to play all the "angles" if you want to beat the Angels... :lol

pgr17
09-17-2007, 11:43 AM
hey-o!

dmbfan36_23
09-17-2007, 12:53 PM
:lmao

http://wbztv.com/video/?cid=37

dm40band
09-18-2007, 02:08 PM

well good luck you guys... hopefully we see you in ALCS... and on your statement we shall see :)

batleon
09-19-2007, 08:02 AM
I am generally not a violent person, but I think if I saw Eric Gagne walking down the street I would punch him in the face.

dsera
09-19-2007, 09:30 AM
I am generally not a violent person, but I think if I saw Eric Gagne walking down the street I would punch him in the face.
:upyours

batleon
09-19-2007, 09:43 AM
I am bracing myself for the division loss and another year of being berated by Yankees fans. Just bring on the playoffs already, this is painful.

All the sports writers who went on about how "this is not 1978" should be shot.

dsera
09-19-2007, 09:55 AM
I am bracing myself for the division loss and another year of being berated by Yankees fans. Just bring on the playoffs already, this is painful.

All the sports writers who went on about how "this is not 1978" should be shot.
Yeah Sox fans should know better than to get too cocky before the season is said and done. :boohoo

That being said, I still have faith that they'll manage to hang on to the division. 2.5 games ahead is still ahead. Let's hope it stays that way.

greppson
09-19-2007, 10:20 AM
The Yanks can't win all of their remaining games. We've got 10 left, as long as we win at least the same amount as the Yanks or whatever the Yanks win minus 2, we will still end the season 1/2 game ahead of them.

batleon
09-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey I said I was preparing myself, I haven't given up yet :lol It's just that this is the first time in the whole season where I've been forced to entertain the possibility that we could lose this division after all.

batleon
09-20-2007, 08:01 AM
OK, now I'm giving up :lol

I mean, seriously, what the fuck Red Sox? What. The. Fuck.

dsera
09-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Yeah that was a collective loss last night.

Phan
09-20-2007, 01:14 PM
The Yanks can't win all of their remaining games. We've got 10 left, as long as we win at least the same amount as the Yanks or whatever the Yanks win minus 2, we will still end the season 1/2 game ahead of them.

Yes they can :banana

But we'll split with Toronto this weekend.

The one thing I feel NYY has going for it is that the last 6 for us are vs. Tampa and Balt, granted on the road, but teams we should beat this time of year. You guys take on Oakland and Minny. 2 playoff teams from last two years who would love to come into Fenway and play the role of spoiler.

Truthfully, If it is not decided by 1 game, I say we end up tied.

I love baseball this time of year.

Ledge
09-20-2007, 01:19 PM
I love how my roommates (all from New England) are all still trying to claim they are not nervous. I love baseball.

batleon
09-20-2007, 02:22 PM
The one thing I feel NYY has going for it is that the last 6 for us are vs. Tampa and Balt, granted on the road, but teams we should beat this time of year. You guys take on Oakland and Minny. 2 playoff teams from last two years who would love to come into Fenway and play the role of spoiler.

Yeah, the schedule is slightly in the Yankees favor at this point.

I guess September is a good time of year to be a Yankees fan.

October (the past few years at least), not so much :lol

Phan
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
does Boston see Santana and/or Haren next week?

pgr17
09-20-2007, 02:57 PM

dsera
09-20-2007, 03:09 PM
I love how my roommates (all from New England) are all still trying to claim they are not nervous. I love baseball.
Any Sox fan that claims they aren't nervous after the last few games, is lying out their asses. Clearly. I'm totally freaking out.

Ledge
09-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Any Sox fan that claims they aren't nervous after the last few games, is lying out their asses. Clearly. I'm totally freaking out.

They are all full of shit...it's just funny watching it all go down. I need some bad things to happen to them. It's been the worst 3 year stretch ever to be a Yankees fan in New England (2004-present).

dm40band
09-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Yes they can :banana

But we'll split with Toronto this weekend.

Truthfully, If it is not decided by 1 game, I say we end up tied.

also the Red Sox has played one more game that the Yanks has as well so it could either be one game or two games depending on if the Yanks win...

dmbfan36_23
09-21-2007, 04:32 PM
This is a great read, really breaks down matchups with the Angels and Indians...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1033124#articleFull

bg4tc
09-22-2007, 08:57 AM
big win last night. thinking the ellsbury catch is the spark the sox needed to get moving (kinda like the jeter into the stands while nomar was on the bench catch that helped the yanks keep it going in 04).

batleon
09-26-2007, 09:02 AM
*holds breath for next five games*

greppson
09-26-2007, 10:55 AM
i think if we can bang out at least one more win where the yanks lose, we are SET.

dsera
09-26-2007, 11:54 AM
i think if we can bang out at least one more win where the yanks lose, we are SET.

dubsnevets
09-26-2007, 12:19 PM
The nice thing is in the Twins series coming up we have Beckett, Matsuzaka, and Wakefield scheduled to pitch, we're home (48-28 record for the season), and we won't have to face Santana. The Yanks, though, are playing Baltimore away (38-38 record for the season) and are facing Kazmir tonight, so as it looks now, the advantages should be in our favor to pull through.

dsera
09-26-2007, 12:26 PM
The nice thing is in the Twins series coming up we have Beckett, Matsuzaka, and Wakefield scheduled to pitch, we're home (48-28 record for the season), and we won't have to face Santana. The Yanks, though, are playing Baltimore away (38-38 record for the season) and are facing Kazmir tonight, so as it looks now, the advantages should be in our favor to pull through.
I dunno about Dice-K though. He's been off his game lately. I'd rather have Lester or Schilling starting in his place. (and it pains me to say that)

dmbfan36_23
09-27-2007, 06:43 AM

...and I'm likin' these pitching matchups for the Min series!

Even if we don't pitch Schilling on Sunday, not having to face Santana is a good thing....

Thu: Boof Bonser, RHP (7-12, 5.09) vs Josh Beckett, RHP (20-6, 3.14)

Fri: Kevin Slowey, RHP (4-0, 4.57) vs Daisuke Matsuzaka, RHP (14-12, 4.48)

Sat: Carlos Silva, RHP (13-14, 4.22) vs Tim Wakefield, RHP (16-12, 4.80)

Sun: Matt Garza, RHP (4-7, 3.92) vs Curt Schilling, RHP (9-8, 3.87)

I'm goin tomorrow and Sunday... I'd love it if we clinched tomorrow, but I'll sleep fine if the Skankees lose and we clinch tonight :nod

dmbfan36_23
09-27-2007, 06:51 AM
:lol

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/BDD_howyalikethemapples_2.jpg

dmbfan36_23
09-27-2007, 06:54 AM
I missed these too... the stooges one is very well done...

http://www.soxnation.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/nostooges.jpg

http://www.soxnation.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/fantastic3.jpg

dmbfan36_23
09-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Got this from a friend...

Dear Valued Season Ticket Holder,

For the first time ever the Red Sox are making Fenway Park seats available for sale. As part of our continuing efforts to improve Fenway Park, the Red Sox will replace the outfield bleacher seats this off-season. These are the same seats that have held fans witnessing the exploits of Yaz, Rice, Evans, Lynn, Clemens and Martinez, not to mention the 2004 Red Sox World Championship run. We are providing our loyal season ticket holders with the first opportunity to guarantee a historic piece of Fenway Park.

Seats will be packaged and sold in pairs (2 seats). Seat removal will commence immediately after the Red Sox last home game.

Each Pair will sell for $550. However, for season ticket holders only, we are offering a 10% discount for a price of $495 per pair. This is inclusive of all charges, including shipping.

If you are interested in ordering a pair of Fenway Park seats, please call 877-RedSox9 Monday-Friday between 10am and 5pm with your credit card and shipping address information or fax the attached form to 1-617-226-6008 to secure your seats. You may also send an email to bleachers@redsox.com with your full name, day & night time phone numbers and email address and someone will contact you to secure your credit card payment and shipping information.

Multiple purchases may be allowed depending upon availability. Do not miss this opportunity to possess a piece of Fenway Park and Red Sox history. Thank you for your long-standing support!

The Boston Red Sox

stalker
09-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Got this from a friend...

Dear Valued Season Ticket Holder,

For the first time ever the Red Sox are making Fenway Park seats available for sale. As part of our continuing efforts to improve Fenway Park, the Red Sox will replace the outfield bleacher seats this off-season. These are the same seats that have held fans witnessing the exploits of Yaz, Rice, Evans, Lynn, Clemens and Martinez, not to mention the 2004 Red Sox World Championship run. We are providing our loyal season ticket holders with the first opportunity to guarantee a historic piece of Fenway Park.

Seats will be packaged and sold in pairs (2 seats). Seat removal will commence immediately after the Red Sox last home game.

Each Pair will sell for $550. However, for season ticket holders only, we are offering a 10% discount for a price of $495 per pair. This is inclusive of all charges, including shipping.

If you are interested in ordering a pair of Fenway Park seats, please call 877-RedSox9 Monday-Friday between 10am and 5pm with your credit card and shipping address information or fax the attached form to 1-617-226-6008 to secure your seats. You may also send an email to bleachers@redsox.com with your full name, day & night time phone numbers and email address and someone will contact you to secure your credit card payment and shipping information.

Multiple purchases may be allowed depending upon availability. Do not miss this opportunity to possess a piece of Fenway Park and Red Sox history. Thank you for your long-standing support!

The Boston Red Sox

The Sox love taking us for every penny we can. $550 for a pair of bleacher seats...unless it is the Ted Williams seat i think that price is ridiculous. But Red Sox Nation will eat it up and buy the seats in about 20 minutes.

Buddy The Elf
09-27-2007, 03:09 PM
The Sox love taking us for every penny we can. $550 for a pair of bleacher seats...unless it is the Ted Williams seat i think that price is ridiculous. But Red Sox Nation will eat it up and buy the seats in about 20 minutes.

$550 for a pair of stadium seats is cheap. I put my order in already:banana

dmbfan36_23
09-27-2007, 03:16 PM
You can pretty much find all the shirts now, Cubs, Brewers, DBacks, Mets, Phillys, etc.... the NY Yankees Division Champs shirt has a typo.. the back says AL West Division Champs...

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2874177
Boston Red Sox 2007 AL East Division Champions Authentic Collection Hood
Item No: 2874177
$54.99

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2874178
Boston Red Sox 2007 AL East Division Champions Authentic Collection T-Shirt
Item No: 2874178
$24.99

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2874179
Boston Red Sox 2007 AL East Division Champions Roster T-Shirt
Item No: 2874179
$24.99

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2874201
New York Yankees 2007 AL Wild Card Champions Authentic Collection T-Shirt
Item No: 2874201
$24.99

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2874204
New York Yankees 2007 AL East Division Champions Roster T-Shirt
Item No: 2874204
$24.99

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2874203
New York Yankees 2007 AL East Division Champions Authentic Collection T-Shirt
Item No: 2874203
$24.99

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2874202
New York Yankees 2007 AL East Division Champions Authentic Collection Hood
Item No: 2874202
$54.99

Phan
09-28-2007, 10:06 PM
congrats guys

pgr17
09-28-2007, 11:12 PM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7369/11910362877331wl3.jpg

dmbfan36_23
09-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Home field advantage the whole way thru!!!

stalker
10-01-2007, 12:14 AM
ALDS Schedule, Red Sox vs. Angels:

Game 1:Wednesday, October 3rd
Lackey vs. Beckett
Game 2: Friday, October 5th
Escobar vs. Schilling
Game 3: Sunday, October 7th
Dice-K vs. Weaver

If Necessary:
Game 4: Monday October 8th @ LA
Game 5: Wednesday October 10th @ Boston

batleon
10-01-2007, 08:48 AM

Well, good thing I didn't jump off the ledge here or anything :lol

Can't wait for the playoffs to start :upyours

Yeedog
10-02-2007, 12:10 PM
BRAG: I just got ALCS Sox seats via the lottery. 2nd row off the field in right, next to the bull pens.

BEAT: It's for Game 6 so I have to to root for the sox to loose 2 games.... no more no less.....

dmbfan36_23
10-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Big savings on Red Sox gear
Red Sox Nation Citizens - As a special benefit, we are pleased to offer 20% off your total order at the Official Online Shop of the Red Sox.

Simply enter promo code BOS1007 at checkout. Offer valid until 10/12/2007 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. Limit one use per customer. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Discount does not apply to taxes, gift cards, shipping or handling.

batleon
10-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Well, that was pretty sweet.

fortyone
10-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Couldn't find an 2008 thread. Who's pumped for game 7 tomorrow night??

stalker
10-19-2008, 10:23 AM
This guy right here is! Should be a fun game. Win tonight we have the momentum going into the series. Even a lose I would not think how bad this could of ended in Fenway only 2 days ago.

batleon
10-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Last night was the tough one. No way Lester screws up twice. I think this is going to be a good game.

Monk
10-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Shit. Good season Sox, and a good series to go out on I guess. Back to the old saying that most Sox fans have been familiar with for the longest time, "there's always next year."

batleon
10-20-2008, 08:10 AM
:boohoo

drh424s
10-20-2008, 08:38 AM
as a very casual sox fan I gotta say i enjoyed game 5 more than any other game i've seen in a long time, but I think the story of the rays is just too good for baseball not to hope they win it all.

batleon
10-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Yeah the Rays are the story this year, that's all there is to it. They better go on to win. Not going to make the Sox look/feel any better if they have to say "Oh yeah, we got beat by that team that lost the World Series." :rolleyes

Buddy The Elf
10-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Yeah the Rays are the story this year, that's all there is to it. They better go on to win. Not going to make the Sox look/feel any better if they have to say "Oh yeah, we got beat by that team that lost the World Series." :rolleyes

:lmao unreal

pgr17
10-20-2008, 11:51 AM
i just wish our bats would have hit... the lack of a leadoff man throughout the entire series was disappointing.

not mention all the homeruns that they hit.

sucks but what can you do? not our year.

hope Theo makes some big decisions this off-season. we have some old dead weight that needs to go. Big Pap-out needs to go. Varitek too.

Buddy The Elf
10-20-2008, 12:09 PM
hope Theo makes some big decisions this off-season. we have some old dead weight that needs to go. Big Pap-out needs to go. Varitek too.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
WOW....you guys are sore fucking losers!

pgr17
10-20-2008, 12:13 PM
not at all. i'm disappointed we lost - but you believe what you want.

i've been soured on him for most of year, especially after his comments when Manny left. hurt or not, he hasn't contributed to this team at all this year. why keep someone on that isn't going to produce when you can get someone in that can? i doubt Theo will make the move as it is.

Buddy The Elf
10-20-2008, 12:30 PM

i've been soured on him for most of year, especially after his comments when Manny left. hurt or not, he hasn't contributed to this team at all this year. why keep someone on that isn't going to produce when you can get someone in that can? i doubt Theo will make the move as it is.

:lmao If it was not for his 2 out 3 run homerun in game 5 you guys would have lost a lot earlier. Guy was hurt for most of the year and has one bad season and you want to run him out of town? Christ...I will never get Boston sports fans.

fortyone
10-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Personally, I HATE all of the Manny/Bay comparisons. Say what you want, but Manny was not helping the Sox. Jason Bay had pretty big clown shoes to fill but instead made his own mark with the Sox. I can't wait for what he'll be able to do next year for us. I still standby the fact that he'll put up 40+ HR and 110+ RBI next year. Not too mention he (along with Lowell) are epitome of team players.

That said, the Rays are a fantastic team. They're young and dangerous and will be this way for awhile. The World Series might be fun to watch.

pgr17
10-20-2008, 12:40 PM
:lmao If it was not for his 2 out 3 run homerun in game 5 you guys would have lost a lot earlier.

thanks for clearing that up :rolleyes

plus i'm not taking anything away from the Rays. we got beat by a better team in this series.

but as i said before - and you can go on ignoring what i say to just post LMAO icons - it wasn't just the playoffs where he was invisible but the entire season. i know he was injured for a bit of the season but the overall lack of any kind of form is disheartening and probably a sign of things to come for the future. to get a decent trade for him now would be a good thing. whether or not that is possible is another story.

and of course you don't understand Boston fans - much in the same way people don't understand Yankee fans. it's not that big of a deal.

but go ahead and post another laughing icon.

NiCK Crush
10-20-2008, 12:50 PM
awwww, Boston will just have to settle with 2 World Series Championships in the last 4 years :(

man those fans have it rough :(

pgr17
10-20-2008, 12:57 PM
i think every Boston fan knew what this team was capable of this year... or at least down the stretch with injuries, etc. and unfortunately it was the outcome that happened last night.

sure getting to the WS again would have been awesome but it wasn't meant to be, especially with how the Rays were pitching and hitting.

Usofar
10-20-2008, 01:14 PM
i think every Boston fan knew what this team was capable of this year... or at least down the stretch with injuries, etc. and unfortunately it was the outcome that happened last night.

sure getting to the WS again would have been awesome but it wasn't meant to be, especially with how the Rays were pitching and hitting.

It could be worse. You could be a Mets fan and have your last two seasons fade out during the last week of the regular season.

batleon
10-20-2008, 01:55 PM
:lmao unreal

I think it'd be calling it an understatement to say it'd be anticlimactic if the Rays lost the World Series now. Not that I think that's going to happen. I was saying in my own backhanded way that the Sox got beaten by the better team, if not the best team in baseball this year.

:lmao If it was not for his 2 out 3 run homerun in game 5 you guys would have lost a lot earlier. Guy was hurt for most of the year and has one bad season and you want to run him out of town? Christ...I will never get Boston sports fans.

I agree with your statement if not your sentiment. If Ortiz can come back all healed up he will be just fine next year. I don't think there's any need for anyone in Boston to hit the panic button. It was a good season that got derailed by some injuries. If you were going to beat a better team like Tampa Bay you needed to get hot fast, and that wasn't going to happen because the Sox had too many holes at the worst possible time.

Who would you like to see come out on top teefs?

Buddy The Elf
10-20-2008, 02:01 PM
I want the Rays to win hands down..Feel good story of the year. I hate Philly fans as much as I dislike Boston fan's. I really don't think Philly has a chance against the youth of Tampa. They really need the big guns to hit to have a chance.

batleon
10-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah I am pulling for the Rays now. Only reason I couldn't get behind them before was because Boston is my team. I've always felt bad for Tampa Bay, how'd you like to be the little guy year after year in a division as hotly contested as the AL East is? You won't be able to replicate the kind of success they've had this year. It's just a good story.

pgr17
10-20-2008, 02:40 PM
I really don't think Philly has a chance against the youth of Tampa.
this was one thing that was really apparent to me in the series. Boston seemed to be two steps behind the entire time... Tampa was playing at warp speed.

Philly better watch out.

Dino
10-20-2008, 03:58 PM

Just think of all the money we'll save by not going to The Cask now :lol

3beamsoflight6
10-20-2008, 03:58 PM

there is so much wrong information in here it isn't even funny.

1. Ortiz was injured and put on the DL on June 3rd. That means he was injured with a partially torn sheath in his left wrist for 5 months this season!! And you want to trade him?? words can't describe how unbelievably rediculous this comment is. seriously, beyond absurd.

2. Whomever said Manny wasn't helping the Sox before his trade needs to pick up a newspaper. In July he had 75 at-bats, 26 hits, four homers, 16 RBI, a .473 on-base percentage and a 1.060 OPS. The bullshit with his knees and and not running out balls were absolutely in no way different then previous years. He was on a tear heading into the trade, when he was playing. But again, his shit off the field was no different then any other year.

pgr17
10-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Just think of all the money we'll save by not going to The Cask now :lol
this has crossed my mind :lol

1. Ortiz was injured and put on the DL on June 3rd. That means he was injured with a partially torn sheath in his left wrist for 5 months this season!! And you want to trade him?? words can't describe how unbelievably rediculous this comment is. seriously, beyond absurd.
it truly is seriously beyond absurd and 'rediculous' how he played. i agree.

but it doesn't matter - it is my opinion and it isn't going to affect what the Red Sox do. torn sheath or not. he won't be traded... i'm already past it and will cheer him on next year.

that being said, my post really shouldn't get you this worked up. http://i37.tinypic.com/11k9vn8.gif

3beamsoflight6
10-20-2008, 04:21 PM
this has crossed my mind :lol

it truly is seriously beyond absurd and 'rediculous' how he played. i agree.

but it doesn't matter - it is my opinion and it isn't going to affect what the Red Sox do. torn sheath or not. he won't be traded... i'm already past it and will cheer him on next year.

that being said, my post really shouldn't get you this worked up. http://i37.tinypic.com/11k9vn8.gif

What? So many things wrong with this. You are so very wrong, opinion or not.

pgr17
10-20-2008, 04:26 PM
nothing gets people worked up like Red Sox talk :p

stalker
10-20-2008, 05:18 PM
I honestly thought we were going to win last night. We had the momentum and with Tampa being a young team I thought they were too rattled to play like they did last night. Tampa pitched and hit better last night and they won. Time for the offseason, which in Boston is sometimes more exciting than the regular season ha-ha. I don't see any major changes coming. I think Theo will look to bullpen first, starting pitcher, catcher, and a "big bat".

batleon
10-27-2008, 01:28 PM
WTF Rays :rant

The Sox wouldn't have fallen into a 3-1 hole :rolleyes

EDIT: And before people get worked up, I'm only being half serious here

batleon
10-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Well, that was pretty sucky.