PDA

View Full Version : Forum lock

Tambourine Man
11-18-2006, 04:29 AM
Hey, I think it'd be a good idea to keep these forums locked down like at ufck so ants can't come over here and droves and exhaust our http downloads.

thestand
11-18-2006, 01:40 PM
I think we should keep it locked, but have an invite system, which is monitored. If whoever you invite gets banned for being stupid, you get the same.

The only reason I bring the idea up is I've got some friends (currently on ants) that never made the jump to ufck because they didn't like the attitude there, but they like what they see here, and want to join.

I completely understand and agree a good 85% of Ants don't know what they're doing, and I wouldn't want them ruining my new home forum (which TDC definitely is now), but there are some good people out there that didn't get on ufck.

dmbowns
11-18-2006, 01:48 PM
oh sweet, let's get more ants over here!

thestand
11-18-2006, 01:50 PM
oh sweet, let's get more ants over here!I'm sorry that you actually believe that every current ant isn't worthy of being on a board that you're on, but there are actually a handful of good people on there.

Mersh
11-18-2006, 03:19 PM
The only reason I bring the idea up is I've got some friends (currently on ants) that never made the jump to ufck because they didn't like the attitude there, but they like what they see here, and want to join.

you basically have all the same people posting here.

thestand
11-18-2006, 03:23 PM
you basically have all the same people posting here.
I understand that, and it's not me that thinks it's any different. All I know is this person wasn't on ufck, but likes the idea of this board, and how it's been run in the past 48 hours. It's really not a big deal, and I'm for keeping registration locked overall, but I think a well-monitored invite system could work.

Mersh
11-18-2006, 03:25 PM
I understand that, and it's not me that thinks it's any different. All I know is this person wasn't on ufck, but likes the idea of this board, and how it's been run in the past 48 hours. It's really not a big deal, and I'm for keeping registration locked overall, but I think a well-monitored invite system could work.

I'm just saying I don't see how it has been run any different since it has been up. I don't say that to take anything away from the people running it either. Seems the same thus far...still, this is a trivial point to argue.

dsera
11-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Mersh, you're right. We are trying to keep the same thing going as ufck had, just minus the title trolls that liked to stir up the DMBc area for fun. Other than that, these are the same posters. Sure it might seem more friendly now but that's only because it's all fresh and new. Give it a few weeks and you'll swear ufck just changed their board colors. ;)

Registration is closed for now and there will be NO invite system in place. Guests are free to read the forums.

Tambourine Man
11-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Registration is closed for now and there will be NO invite system in place. Guests are free to read the forums.

Ah, I just found out that you're an admin. That's cool. Anyways, it sounds like you want the forum to be open for guests. I can respect that; although, I disagree for the reasons stated above.

dsera
11-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Ah, I just found out that you're an admin. That's cool. Anyways, it sounds like you want the forum to be open for guests. I can respect that; although, I disagree for the reasons stated above.
You disagree because once or twice in the past some moron has taken our links and posted them on ants? That's hardly a reason to become some private underground board.

seekup19
11-20-2006, 08:50 PM
cheers cristina, this is a nice board. i hope it continues the ufck vibe minus trolls.