PDA

View Full Version : Wii

Psionic
11-19-2006, 06:31 AM
I just sat in line for 9 hours to get my wii, and damn was it worth it.

Anyone else pick one up?

Adrian
11-19-2006, 07:04 AM
I just sat in line for 9 hours to get my wii, and damn was it worth it.

Anyone else pick one up?

I went to Best Buy last night and there was a massive line, although when I went inside I asked how many they had they said over 150, which made me wonder why would they just wait outside all night for past two days for it?

Anyway yea, I want to pick one up. There's a bunch of guys at work who did last night so I'm waiting to see what they have to say about it too, What game did you get?

ethaxton
11-19-2006, 07:33 AM
If anyone gets one and doesn't get Zelda you are missing out! Played the game at a buddy's and it was fantastic.

The Great Inventor
11-19-2006, 10:36 AM
How much money did you spend and what all did you get (controllers, games, etc.)?

thestand
11-19-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm thinking I'll pick one up when I get a PS3 in Jan/Feb. Though from what I've heard, the PS3 controller is just as motion sensitive as the Wii. But it doesn't look like many developers are going to take advantage of it.

Pete
11-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Just got home with mine.

I arrived at Best Buy around 5:45 and found that the guys at the front of line had taken it upon themselves to make a list. Despite their stoner appearances, it actually worked out.

There were 63 Wiis at the Best Buy and I was #61 on the list... walked out with a Wii, Zelda, an extra controller and an extended warranty for $405 or so.

Pete

NiCK Crush
11-19-2006, 11:17 AM
going to pick up my pre-order at Gamestop here in a few :upyours

Got Zelda and Red Steel paid for too... cant wait.

-NiCK

Adrian
11-19-2006, 11:47 AM
They do have them at Gamestop I was there this morning, they are selling them to people, so definitely go there if you want one!

Psionic
11-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Picked up the wii, extra Wiimote & nunchuck, Classic Controller, Zelda, Redsteel, Call Of Duty 3, and 2000 store points (once i get wireless working, i'm downloading bonx!)
Played a helluva lot of Wii Sports last night.. everything cept boxing is awesome.. Haven't gotten too into zelda as it was 1 am when i got home... Tho i just woke up.. so.. here i go ^_^

(woo! 100th post!)

breuer33
11-19-2006, 12:43 PM
so the graphics are comparable to a 360 and or ps3? and does it have regular controllers or just that tv remote loooking thing? i mean its so much cheaper than the other next gen systems, so thats why i asked my first question

Pete
11-19-2006, 01:01 PM
so the graphics are comparable to a 360 and or ps3? and does it have regular controllers or just that tv remote loooking thing? i mean its so much cheaper than the other next gen systems, so thats why i asked my first question
By and large the graphics aren't comparable to either the 360 or the PS3. There is a classic controller (and the Wii can also use GameCube controllers), but most of the Wii games will be using the new remote/nunchuk exclusively (the classic controller isn't motion sensitive as far as I know).

Psionic
11-19-2006, 01:10 PM
the graphics are NOT ps3 / Xbox360 comparable. It is basically a lightly suped up cube. But i didn't buy it for graphics.. i'm sick of the whole "look how shiny it is / look what we can do with the gpu" aspect of gaming. playing games with the new interface is just awesome. It's something different and that's great considering we've all been sitting there just mashing buttons for yeeaaaaars.

Kit_Kat
11-19-2006, 01:54 PM
I didn't feel like getting up early to try and get one. I may go out in a few and see if there's any chance of finding one, though I'm sure I won't. I'm fine with waiting and will enjoy reading peoples reviews of the games so I know what to get.

Psionic
11-19-2006, 07:36 PM
quick lil update: FPS games take a minute to get used to on the wii. Red steels graphics are outdated, but the new interface is fun.. COD 3 looks amazing and plays quite well (once i turned the sensitivity down).
Zelda just freakin rocks.
the ability to download games from nintendo is quite cool. it's great to have f-zero, or sonic, or original dk on there.

neways.. yeah.. my 2 cents

EClayton08
11-19-2006, 07:38 PM
If anyone gets one and doesn't get Zelda you are missing out! Played the game at a buddy's and it was fantastic.

I got a Wii and don't want Zelda

akleiner34
11-19-2006, 07:53 PM
This reminds me of how fun games can be. God, it feels good to play this thing

alexbunke
11-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Sounds like a great time.

Smokey the Bear
11-19-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm thinking I'll pick one up when I get a PS3 in Jan/Feb. Though from what I've heard, the PS3 controller is just as motion sensitive as the Wii. But it doesn't look like many developers are going to take advantage of it.
You heard wrong. PS3 controller has really limited motion sensor capabilities, completely different than Wii.

Pete
11-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Zelda is amazing so far... I've got about three hours into it and I can tell I haven't even scratched the surface. I think this story is very promising.

akleiner34
11-19-2006, 08:47 PM
And by the time I finish Zelda and try out some other titles, Ill have MarioGalaxy and Metroid to consume my spring. Great.

Psionic
11-19-2006, 09:00 PM
And by the time I finish Zelda and try out some other titles, Ill have MarioGalaxy and Metroid to consume my spring. Great.

life is indeed overrated

akleiner34
11-19-2006, 09:09 PM
life is indeed overrated

My life sucks. No kidding. So, f'off

Psionic
11-19-2006, 09:42 PM
as does mine. why the hell do you think i waited 9 hours in line for it? nothing better to do.

No offense yo

bbycrei
11-20-2006, 09:02 AM
I was up all night at a Target. Had a great time w/ the people waiting in line w/ me. Got back home to play about a half hour and then sailed. After a very painful drive home (the lack of sleep started to hit) I went to bed at 3:30 and didn't wake up till my alarm at 6:30am. Wii sports was fun, won't touch Zelda, but I'd like to try Madden and Trauma Center tonight.

I spent 430 for the system and 3 games. Not bad considdering that doesn't even pay for a PS3.

Psionic
11-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Lemme know what you think of Trauma Center.. Almost picked it up but decided against it last second.

Why no touchee Zelda? Damn fine game

walrusstapler
11-20-2006, 01:24 PM
I really want to get Zelda but I can't justify buying a Wii just for one game. I really don't want to start getting addicted to gaming again either.

NiCK Crush
11-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Zelda is amazing so far... I've got about three hours into it and I can tell I haven't even scratched the surface. I think this story is very promising.

i'm really enjoying Zelda as well. Only 2 hrs in.

-NiCK

weekapaug
11-20-2006, 03:07 PM
i love zelda, that's all.

hooray for my first post here!

weekapaug
11-20-2006, 03:08 PM
I really want to get Zelda but I can't justify buying a Wii just for one game. I really don't want to start getting addicted to gaming again either.

it's worth it

NiCK Crush
11-20-2006, 04:30 PM
it's worth it

it really is...

weekapaug... have you established a connection with your Wii? During the "Testing connection..." process, i always get an error code. It's really pissing me off.

-NiCK

bbycrei
11-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Lemme know what you think of Trauma Center.. Almost picked it up but decided against it last second.

Why no touchee Zelda? Damn fine game

I just played an hour of Trauma Center. The levels are very cool, just different procedures but the trick is to master them, go faster, etc. Thats the tough part. I can get great ratings on some other ones but the easy ones I get bad ones. It really tests your patience, and stability. I really like it.

I will not open Zelda till I beat FFXII. I can't have two 50+ hour games to play at the same time.

NiCK Crush
11-20-2006, 09:28 PM
if anyone wants to help me out getting my Wii online, feel free. i almost through my Wii out the window a few minutes ago :lol

-NiCK

Psionic
11-20-2006, 10:14 PM
if anyone wants to help me out getting my Wii online, feel free. i almost through my Wii out the window a few minutes ago :lol

-NiCK

use only alpha / numeric characters in your pass. Make sure you select the proper encryption type.. mebbe change your wep/wpa password and try a new one? try both dhcp / static?

can you be more specific than "i cant connect"?

OceanSoGood
11-21-2006, 12:21 AM
anyone play madden yet? i saw the youtube EA sports developers interview and it looks unreal

NiCK Crush
11-21-2006, 01:45 AM
use only alpha / numeric characters in your pass. Make sure you select the proper encryption type.. mebbe change your wep/wpa password and try a new one? try both dhcp / static?

can you be more specific than "i cant connect"?

it finds the connection i use, i type in the correct password. all systems are go until the "Testing connection..." phase. Then i get an error code. My router is recognizing my Wii's MAC address, as well as the IP address it auto-created.

i dont know, i feel like ive tried it all... but there must be something.

-NiCK

bbycrei
11-21-2006, 08:38 AM
anyone play madden yet? i saw the youtube EA sports developers interview and it looks unreal

I'll try it either tonight or tomorrow. I'll probably get back to Trauma Center tonight or maybe get some FFXII going.

Derek
11-21-2006, 08:47 AM
I have it and it's awesome. Alot more fun than the other versions of the game because everyone is on an even playing field with the remote because it's so easy to pass, run, and defense. Kicking takes a while to learn though.

bbycrei
11-21-2006, 09:41 AM
I have it and it's awesome. Alot more fun than the other versions of the game because everyone is on an even playing field with the remote because it's so easy to pass, run, and defense. Kicking takes a while to learn though.

yah I kept reading how bad the kicking was. I guess thats where to practice for a while.

mrchattr
11-21-2006, 12:14 PM
OK, so I've been contemplating getting one of these, and so far the reviews seem awesome, but here's the thing: I'm TOTALLY not a big-time gamer. I play Madden frequently, and get into maybe one to two Zelda-type games a year, and that's about it. The thing is, I like to play games when I'm tired, ready to pass out, etc. I lay on a couch a lot and play my Madden, etc.

My question is: Can you do that with the Wii? From the demos I've seen, it almost looks like you have to stand up, wiggle around, and do a ton of shit in order to play at all. If that's the case, I think I'm too lazy of a gamer to get one.

Derek
11-21-2006, 01:53 PM
My question is: Can you do that with the Wii? From the demos I've seen, it almost looks like you have to stand up, wiggle around, and do a ton of shit in order to play at all. If that's the case, I think I'm too lazy of a gamer to get one.
Of course I just sit on my bed and rest the wiimote in my lap and play. The remote is very sensitive and doesn't require the overly dramatic movements the commercials show. Now if you want to do that you can but you don't have to. It's almost required for Boxing in wii sports though. I broke into a sweat playing that.

vandamit
11-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Im not into video games at all. but i think i might get one of these.

Psionic
11-21-2006, 02:46 PM
it finds the connection i use, i type in the correct password. all systems are go until the "Testing connection..." phase. Then i get an error code. My router is recognizing my Wii's MAC address, as well as the IP address it auto-created.

i dont know, i feel like ive tried it all... but there must be something.

-NiCK

What error code do you get?

Do you mind posting your wep / wpa key here so i can look at it? or PM it to me.

feel free to hit my real e-mail which is ehanstad@mac.com

mrchattr
11-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Of course I just sit on my bed and rest the wiimote in my lap and play. The remote is very sensitive and doesn't require the overly dramatic movements the commercials show. Now if you want to do that you can but you don't have to. It's almost required for Boxing in wii sports though. I broke into a sweat playing that.

That's cool. Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I watched the commercials, and thought, "No way." I play Madden to relax, not to fuckin' play football...if I want to do that, I'll call some friends and play football.

DMBZeppelin
11-22-2006, 02:08 AM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746907p1.html This if for the people trying to get their Wii online. If you're having a problem with your Wii make sure this isn't it.

Psionic
11-22-2006, 02:45 AM
also, anyone wanna start posting console codes? Who wants my mii? it looks like me!

DMBZeppelin
11-22-2006, 04:03 AM
also, anyone wanna start posting console codes? Who wants my mii? it looks like me!

I made a thread about this very thing. That way people don't have to search through all these other Wii-related post.

walrusstapler
11-26-2006, 10:42 PM
it's worth it

I've decided to get one for home at some point, but not bring back to school with me. Zelda on N64 and I were inseparable during middle school. :3some

thestand
12-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Your fellow gamer- http://www.shoutfile.com/v/nay2hvAR/By_Far_The_Funniest_Cracked_Out_Nerd_Waiting_Inline_For_Nint endo_Wii

Oh HEEEEEEEEELL NAW :lol

steve4134
12-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Just got my WII and all i want to do is play Bond for N64 and its not available for virtual console..... Downloaded Zelda , balloon fight , Super Mario 1 and 3. Now need some real games. anyone want to recommend some ?

steve

azsnappi
12-21-2007, 01:01 PM
get Super Ghouls and Ghosts and Altered Beasts. CLASSIC!

RB3
12-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Real Wii games? Pick up Zelda and Mario Galaxy

DMB1541
12-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Super Mario Strikers is my favorite game for the system.

DarkRoses
12-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Amazing how the demand is still so high for the Wii. Last Christmas I had to buy one off ebay for my brother and I ended up picking one up in July.

ethaxton
12-21-2007, 05:02 PM
I was trying to find one for my sister and happened to go into Gamestop while there were 2 just sitting on the shelves yesterday. They would only let me buy one though.