PDA

View Full Version : Senior Quote

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Yes I know you all hate these threads, but I need a good DMB "farewell" quote. I don't want it to be a cliche one (Celebrate we will, Tomorrow is no days), so if you have any good ones that are deep, feel free, and if its from a live version, tell me which version its from.

Thank you!

TheNoise
11-19-2006, 09:57 PM
no one else will do it for you;
reach up and grab hold of the sunlight

Penguins66
11-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Yes I know you all hate these threads, but I need a good DMB "farewell" quote. I don't want it to be a cliche one (Celebrate we will, Tomorrow is no days), so if you have any good ones that are deep, feel free, and if its from a live version, tell me which version its from.

Thank you!
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I honestly would examine other possibilities than a DMB quote for your senior quote. It becomes dated quickly and is unoriginal no matter how obscure the quote. Those are just my thoughts. I went through the same thing earlier this year looking for a good DMB quote and those are the conclusions that I came to.

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 10:01 PM
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I honestly would examine other possibilities than a DMB quote for your senior quote. It becomes dated quickly and is unoriginal no matter how obscure the quote. Those are just my thoughts. I went through the same thing earlier this year looking for a good DMB quote and those are the conclusions that I came to.

yeah I can see that..but I've been listening to DMB throughout high school and a quote from them will represent that.

pgr17
11-19-2006, 10:05 PM
wanderer88 > zhess

Marjorie
11-19-2006, 10:05 PM

Honestly, most things picked will be dated. I think these quotes reflect where you are at that time and of course that will change.

my suggestion:
And don't believe there's a light that's brighter
Than the one that shine's from you.

sarge
11-19-2006, 10:06 PM
for christ's sake

Penguins66
11-19-2006, 10:06 PM
yeah I can see that..but I've been listening to DMB throughout high school and a quote from them will represent that.
:upyours Go for it then. Just giving you that perspective. I'll look for something good.

Marjorie
11-19-2006, 10:08 PM
for christ's sake

:lol

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 10:10 PM
what do you all mean by dated? Are you saying that everyone else will be using DMB quotes and someone will probably pick mine? this is why i came to the messageboard because a lot of people know quotes that no one knows, even though they are inspirational

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:10 PM

haha that's my senior quote, wanderer, don't use it, i shot it back in the ufck days. i love that grey street tons. check out the two step intros from 03...typical situation switch ups if you hate your school from 06 or the 90s, pig intros if you're happy and a "carpe diem" type guy and "I'm only this far and only tomorrow leads the way" is a classic but not super overused yearbook quote. oh and use bowa if you like your class, but i'm sure half your class who doesn't listen to dmb might use that one as well. some shotgun switch up lyrics are pretty deep and i'm a big fan of early 90 seek up lyrics. and i'm delerious right now and hence cutting myself out. good luck. funny that both of $gm's groupies are hs seniors.

Tomacco
11-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Don't let the troubles in your head steal too much time, you'll soon be dead, so play...?

Per553
my suggestion:
Than the one that shine's from you.[/QUOTE]

that would be from what?

FightTheGoodFight
"Can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd."

wanderer88
haha that's my senior quote, wanderer, don't use it, i shot it back in the ufck days. i love that grey street tons. check out the two step intros from 03...typical situation switch ups if you hate your school from 06 or the 90s, pig intros if you're happy and a "carpe diem" type guy and "I'm only this far and only tomorrow leads the way" is a classic but not super overused yearbook quote. oh and use bowa if you like your class, but i'm sure half your class who doesn't listen to dmb might use that one as well. some shotgun switch up lyrics are pretty deep and i'm a big fan of early 90 seek up lyrics. and i'm delerious right now and hence cutting myself out. good luck. funny that both of $gm's groupies are hs seniors.

haha wow thanks for that, i probably won't use that quote but it's a very good one.

Marjorie
11-19-2006, 10:12 PM
my suggestion:

that would be from what?[/QUOTE]

GGT 7/04

BlueWaterDMB
11-19-2006, 10:12 PM
my suggestion:

that would be from what?[/QUOTE]

Good Good Time 7.10.04

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 10:13 PM
You all are giving me inspirational quotes, I kind of want a goodbye one..maybe with inspiration

BlueWaterDMB
11-19-2006, 10:15 PM
You all are giving me inspirational quotes, I kind of want a goodbye one..maybe with inspiration

Find some inspiration,
It's down deep inside of you.

Marjorie
11-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Find some inspiration,
It's down deep inside of you.

nothing is here to stay
everything has to begin and end
like a ship in a bottle won't sail
all we can do is dream that the wind
will blow us across the water

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 10:17 PM

nothing is here to stay
everything has to begin and end
like a ship in a bottle won't sail
all we can do is dream that the wind
will blow us across the water

where is that from

BlueWaterDMB
11-19-2006, 10:18 PM
where is that from

Baby

Per553

also, maybe my version of that grey st is just hard to hear but it sounds like dave is saying " no one else will do it fall down; reach up..." which really kills the essence of my yearbook quote, but i don't care that's what dave meant so we can just pretend he said it and leave my yearbook quote out that. just thinking out loud.

wanderer88
thanks, thats a good candidate

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:21 PM

OH MY GOD!!! !! ! !!!!!

BOWA SAY BYE, DUH.

"AND ALL I CAN SAY AND WISH FOR IS THAT WE THROW CAUTION TO THE WIND AND MAKE THE MOST OF THIS."

end thread. or end per553? hmph.

Marjorie
you should use my high school quote

"Consequenses, Schmonsequences.. as long as I'm rich" - Daffy Duck

my parents were so proud.

Per553
thanks, thats a good candidate

and stop drop kaboom back off $gm, just because he answers 24 questions for you doesn't emasn he's you're saint.

pgr17
thinking about HIGH SCHOOL senior quotes makes me feel like an old man :shakefist

Marjorie
11-19-2006, 10:22 PM
and stop drop kaboom back off $gm, just because he answers 24 questions for you doesn't emasn he's you're saint.

you seem like a very angry person. do you need a hug?

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 10:23 PM

he is my saint..he's made me feel special, both physically and mentally :nod

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:25 PM

:lol :lol :lol. that's me alright. nah, just mad out of my skull that i'm sitting at my snotty private school on a sunday evening editing the school paper on a program i have no comprehension of using.

iudmbfan40
:bitchslap

ryan come on now are you serious?

Marjorie

Jeff does that, which is why I'm going to adopt him :)

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 10:26 PM
what do you think of this as a senior quote

"If you read the newspaper everyday, you can't help but think the world is pretty fucked up at the moment... but when so many people can get together in one space and hang out and dance and have a good time...makes me think that world is not so fucked up after all"

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:26 PM

psh, bitch please. and btw you can't use "and all i can say and wish for is that we throw caution to the wind and make the most of it" quote becuase i just shot taht. and i shot the grey st one back in the day so reach up and come up with ur own quote. kthxbyeeeeeeeee

pgr17
11-19-2006, 10:27 PM
what kind of yearbook lets you say "fuck"?

Marjorie
11-19-2006, 10:27 PM
:lol :lol :lol. that's me alright. nah, just mad out of my skull that i'm sitting at my snotty private school on a sunday evening editing the school paper on a program i have no comprehension of using.

:)

sorry about that-this too will pass- be happy you are in Brazil! its GORGEOUS! my cousins live in Rio; one of them has an apt in Ipanema :)

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 10:28 PM
what kind of yearbook lets you say "fuck"?

of course ill put f***

iudmbfan40
11-19-2006, 10:28 PM
psh, bitch please. and btw you can't use "and all i can say and wish for is that we throw caution to the wind and make the most of it" quote becuase i just shot taht. and i shot the grey st one back in the day so reach up and come up with ur own quote. kthxbyeeeeeeeee
you are on a roll.

:upyours

iudmbfan40
11-19-2006, 10:29 PM
of course ill put f***
yeah right like that school would let you put f*** in their yearbook.

zhess88
11-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Ryan, greaaaaaaaaaat thread man :lol

nolan8or
11-19-2006, 10:30 PM
for one of my senior quotes i'm using:

"wasting time, i shall miss this thing when it all rolls by"

i thought it seemed appropriate for leaving high school

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 10:31 PM
"AND ALL I CAN SAY AND WISH FOR IS THAT WE THROW CAUTION TO THE WIND AND MAKE THE MOST OF THIS."

where is that from

iudmbfan40
for my senior quote i'm using:

"wasting time, i shall miss this thing when it all rolls by"

i thought it seemed appropriate for leaving high school
just as cliche as that avatar.

iudmbfan40

where is that from
i'm guessing a two step intro but i could be wrong.

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:35 PM
here, because i'm being so mean and taking all the good quotes:

2.02.99 alternate lyrics

[outro]
you can struggle with the weight of your troubles,
make the best of what's around
when you feel done and when you're gone
you could say, could say, "make the best of what's around"

or what about

"reckless minds, don't throw away your playful beginnings"

or two step from 9.14.03 alternate lyrics

your imagination is as real as mushroom clouds in opened air among this highway

or if you hate your school and life and you think you think too much

"my head won't leave my head alone"

or if you're bitter about all the crap you learned in high school:

with all this time all these years,
we work so hard to find out
it all comes down to nothing

typical intro 7.02.06

or

if you are a happy go lucky guy i'd go for all of pnp or this intro from nancies on 9.1.02
"Don't you ever wonder
Maybe if you'd had a little more
Wine that one time
And had a good time
You would've been alright that night
Lay back and
Rest your weary head
On the pillow tonight
'Cause it's gonna be alright"

oh last stop reprise mix ups are always deep too, "come in from the noise for a while, rest your weary head my good friend, no need to worry yourself wild, the world can do without you for a while" that's from 98 too lazy to go on the almanac and check the date but it's a good one, except i don't like how while is repeated twice. still good though.

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:37 PM

WAIT WHAT. HOW MANY FUCKING WORSHIPPERS DOES GM HAVE?!

wanderer88
here, because i'm being so mean and taking all the good quotes:

2.02.99 alternate lyrics

[outro]
you can struggle with the weight of your troubles,
make the best of what's around
when you feel done and when you're gone
you could say, could say, "make the best of what's around"

or what about

"reckless minds, don't throw away your playful beginnings"

or two step from 9.14.03 alternate lyrics

your imagination is as real as mushroom clouds in opened air among this highway

or if you hate your school and life and you think you think too much

"my head won't leave my head alone"

or if you're bitter about all the crap you learned in high school:

typical intro 7.02.06

or

if you are a happy go lucky guy i'd go for all of pnp or this intro from nancies on 9.1.02
"Don't you ever wonder
Wine that one time
And had a good time
Lay back and
Rest your weary head
On the pillow tonight
'Cause it's gonna be alright"

oh last stop reprise mix ups are always deep too, "come in from the noise for a while, rest your weary head my good friend, no need to worry yourself wild, the world can do without you for a while" that's from 98 too lazy to go on the almanac and check the date but it's a good one, except i don't like how while is repeated twice. still good though.

thanks, but im taking that 7/5/00 say goodbye quote

Per553
i'm guessing a two step intro but i could be wrong.

didn't i say multiple times it was from say goodbye 7.5.00 bowa disc two, silly people.

nolan8or
11-19-2006, 10:38 PM
just as cliche as that avatar.

come again?

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:38 PM

no you absolutely cannot do that. i'll make sure gm never answers any of ur 24 questions anymore if you do. ask jeff, i freaked out about that the day the bowa discs came out and told him it was my yearbook. i'm telling my teacher on you. this is ludacris.

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 10:39 PM
no you absolutely cannot do that. i'll make sure gm never answers any of ur 24 questions anymore if you do. ask jeff, i freaked out about that the day the bowa discs came out and told him it was my yearbook. i'm telling my teacher on you. this is ludacris.

are you serious? you suggested it, its your fault. Plus you live in brazil

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:40 PM

USE THIS because i bet you can curse in your yearbook like that other quote you suggested:

[intro]
Don't you ever wonder
Watchin' the news at night
Watchin' the world go to shit
Maybe think everything
Could be alright
If we'd just taken one turn
A little bit different
Maybe if we thought one thought
Just a little bit twisted

Don't you ever wonder
Wine that one time
And had a good time
Lay back and
Rest your weary head
On the pillow tonight
'Cause it's gonna be alright

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:40 PM
are you serious? you suggested it, its your fault. Plus you live in brazil

i live in america, just in love with a guy from brasil

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:41 PM
*** with brasil.

iudmbfan40
11-19-2006, 10:41 PM
yeah since you wrote the god damn lyrics :lol :lol

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 10:42 PM
i live in america, just in love with a guy from brasil

wow if it bothers you that much, i won't use it

iudmbfan40
11-19-2006, 10:47 PM
who cares ryan its the god damn internet, not your best friend.

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:47 PM

haha no i'm just in a bad mood because a) i'm at school at 11 on a wednesday night and b) gm has way more dmbff's than me, contrary to self-held belief. asshole.

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 10:49 PM
haha no i'm just in a bad mood because a) i'm at school at 11 on a wednesday night and b) gm has way more dmbff's than me, contrary to self-held belief. asshole.

well quit lookin up quotes for me then

iudmbfan40
11-19-2006, 10:50 PM
i'm at school at 11 on a wednesday night

last time i looked i watched nfl football all day. hmm it's a wednesday? wow sure beats me.

mrpeters
11-19-2006, 10:50 PM
who knows what tomorrow will bring
but i know this for sure
that tonight a good time
good time we enjoyed

7.21.04 Good Good Time

i win :)

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:52 PM
well quit lookin up quotes for me then

just (wasting time). not more than one person can be on the newspaper template at once and so i'm making my co-editor do some stuff while i catch up on dmbC crap and then i'll do the final run through. use my quote, i didn't mean to have such a melodrama attack a friend of gm is a friend of mine. no worries. actually it'll be kinda cute that his two little highschoolers have the same yearbook quote.

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:53 PM
last time i looked i watched nfl football all day. hmm it's a wednesday? wow sure beats me.

okay as aforementioned, i'm a tad delerious. let the record show it's sunday. i guess i was wishing it was wednesday cuz that means nooo school :zaphod.

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 10:54 PM
just (wasting time). not more than one person can be on the newspaper template at once and so i'm making my co-editor do some stuff while i catch up on dmbC crap and then i'll do the final run through. use my quote, i didn't mean to have such a melodrama attack a friend of gm is a friend of mine. no worries. actually it'll be kinda cute that his two little highschoolers have the same yearbook quote.

wait, are you a girl?

iudmbfan40
11-19-2006, 10:54 PM
what is this person's obsession with goldenmonkey (jeff)?

Per553
11-19-2006, 10:56 PM
wait, are you a girl?

CLEARLY i'm a girl. boys aren't this gay. dear lord.

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 11:01 PM
CLEARLY i'm a girl. boys aren't this gay. dear lord.

in that case, i'd say go for goldenmonkey..he gets like 700 dollars a week from the government

stoner
11-19-2006, 11:02 PM
"Bring that beat back"...CLASS OF '07 RAWKS OMG!!!

Per553
11-19-2006, 11:17 PM
in that case, i'd say go for goldenmonkey..he gets like 700 dollars a week from the government

ha. nah i'm 18, he's 21........that's wrong. and he has a serious golden girlfriend. great guy though.

Crumbo
11-19-2006, 11:23 PM
for christ's sake

:lmao

EClayton08
11-19-2006, 11:25 PM
"Today is no place to place Wander88 out of his misery"

wanderer88
11-19-2006, 11:28 PM
ha. nah i'm 18, he's 21........that's wrong. and he has a serious golden girlfriend. great guy though.

no, he just says that so he has a golden excuse to not be with you

goldenmonkey
11-19-2006, 11:54 PM

i love you marjorie... and yes, she probably does.

hah i love you too

yaaay! except i already have a mommy! you can be my tour mommy!

what is this person's obsession with goldenmonkey (jeff)?

Everybody loves me. That's why. :)

Especially marjorie.

coachC
11-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Billy Joel

Ive been looking for something
something so undefined
that it can only be seen
by the eyes of the blind

FERRALL
11-19-2006, 11:59 PM
"Hey... I come...lay you lying...I...love...to...fuck!"
-David J. Matthews (Halloween)

wanderer88
11-20-2006, 12:00 AM
i love you marjorie... and yes, she probably does.

hah i love you too

yaaay! except i already have a mommy! you can be my tour mommy!

Everybody loves me. That's why. :)

Especially marjorie.

welcome to the thread Mr. Popular

greykitkat36
11-20-2006, 12:06 AM

greykitkat36
11-20-2006, 12:06 AM
"What Will Become of Me?"
-David J.Matthews

Penguins66
11-20-2006, 12:18 AM
"Excuse me while I kiss this guy" -Jimi Hendrix

That's kinda dmbc b/c of jimi thing

greykitkat36
11-20-2006, 12:26 AM
"Excuse me while I kiss this guy" -Jimi Hendrix

That's kinda dmbc b/c of jimi thing

It's kiss the sky. But, Alright.

kern
11-20-2006, 12:31 AM
i used
turns out not where but who you're with that really matters

fxblitz
11-20-2006, 12:34 AM
"The future is no place to place your better days."

Gary.
11-20-2006, 12:41 AM
i will go in this way and find my own way out is like the only quote worth putting in those lameass yearbook things.

Per553
11-20-2006, 12:42 AM
Billy Joel

Ive been looking for something
something so undefined
that it can only be seen
by the eyes of the blind

bj's the man. "before we start and begin again, let's drink a toast to how it's been."

p.s wanderer, i've settled on "drive in, drive out, i'm leaving." so take my goddamn gems of quotes.

Smokey the Bear
11-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Theres more to life than being really really ridiculously good-looking, and I plan on finding out what that is. -Derek Zoolander

Crush87
11-20-2006, 12:48 AM
toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important
and know who's your friend

Per553
11-20-2006, 12:53 AM
toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important
and know who's your friend

that's been an aim profile quote of mine for years. good stuff.

your sig is actually a good yearbook quote. go raven. whoo.

greykitkat36
11-20-2006, 01:12 AM
"I would dig all the way to china, unless of course I was there...then I'd dig my way home"
David J Matthews

hoopdrums
11-20-2006, 01:47 AM
pretty much anything from rhyme and reason is pretty quotable for senior yearbooks

firedancer1961
11-20-2006, 01:52 AM
pretty much anything from rhyme and reason is pretty quotable for senior yearbooks

:wtf Isn't that song about heroin addiction? needle to the vein, take this needle... yeah, the school would like that one too!:lol

For some reason I find this whole thread hilarious:lmao

FHW
11-20-2006, 05:12 AM
"I can't believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we spent our living days well. I can't believe that we would lie in our graves wondering what we might have been."

"If you hold on tight to what you think is your thing, you may find you're missing all the rest."

Penguins66
11-20-2006, 03:11 PM
It's kiss the sky. But, Alright.
"The song's lyric "'Scuse me while I kiss the sky" has been widely misheard as "'Scuse me while I kiss this guy." This kind of lyrical misunderstanding is sometimes referred to as a mondegreen. However, in some live performances, as a joke Hendrix clearly and unmistakably sang "Scuse me, while I kiss that guy." One of these appears on the album "Voodoo Child : The Jimi Hendrix Collection (Disc 2)."."

Popeye2003
11-20-2006, 03:18 PM
"Can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd."
~DJM

FERRALL
11-20-2006, 03:48 PM
~DJM

:lol in a friend of mine's profile:

Wise men say only fools fall in love
But I can't help falling in love with you
--Dave Matthews Band--

barebonedcrazy
11-20-2006, 04:14 PM
this obviously is not a lyric but:
"There are arbitrary lines between bad and good that often don't make a lot of sense to me. I don't want to die, obviously, but really, the wonder of life is amplified by the fact that it ends. If it went on forever, it would be such a tiresome thing and we'd all be so bored: 'What are we going to do today?' 'Just live again, I suppose."

wildcats
11-20-2006, 07:36 PM

mrchattr
11-20-2006, 08:02 PM
This would actually be the best one so far:

Because when you leave high school, you realize that all the shit in those four years basically meant nothing. All the shit about who was popular, who won what, who hated who...it's all as relevant as a half-forgotten dream.

I'm not being bitter, just honest. When I look back at my senior yearbook, two of the things written still touch my heart, about 80% of them are pointless and seem trite and silly, and the other 20% I don't even remember what the fuck they are talking about.

"Dude, never forget the rock and fourth"
Huh?

wanderer88
11-20-2006, 10:30 PM
This would actually be the best one so far:

Because when you leave high school, you realize that all the shit in those four years basically meant nothing. All the shit about who was popular, who won what, who hated who...it's all as relevant as a half-forgotten dream.

I'm not being bitter, just honest. When I look back at my senior yearbook, two of the things written still touch my heart, about 80% of them are pointless and seem trite and silly, and the other 20% I don't even remember what the fuck they are talking about.

"Dude, never forget the rock and fourth"
Huh?
understandable, which is why I didn't really write any inside jokes...just shouted out to a few of my close friends from high school, saying thanks to mom and dad...etc

and then a DMB and OAR quote

wildcats
11-21-2006, 02:06 AM
why don't you pick your own? no one here knows you, man.

vandamit
11-21-2006, 02:23 AM
are you satisfied with fucking?

VidaBlue2005
11-21-2006, 02:25 AM
and OAR quote

http://www.techhelpers.net/e4u/animal/4.gif

Per553
11-21-2006, 11:46 AM
crazy game of poker has such deep lyrics, lyk omg. and wanderer are you still filching my quotes?