PDA

View Full Version : Probable Australia Tour in 2007

Ccronks
11-20-2006, 11:16 AM
http://www.gcbulletin.com.au/article/2006/11/13/1755_news.html

Blues king may come to town

13Nov06

BLUES legend BB King has emerged as the leading contender to headline next year's East Coast Blues and Roots Festival at Byron Bay.

The 80-year-old blues man, pictured, has been at the top of every 'wish list' compiled by festival organisers since the event's conception in 1990.

With earlybird tickets already registering record sales in excess of $1.5 million, event director Peter Noble said interest in Australia's premier alternative festival remained strong and promised crowds a 'magic artist bill'.

Already confirmed for the festival are the mega-successful Dave Matthews Band, who will headline the Good Friday bill, and singer-songwriter John Mayer. However, Robert Plant has had to drop out due to recording commitments.

"Every now and again the magic artist bill becomes available to us and 2007 looks like being the artist line-up that will surpass any we've had so far," he said.

"We're hoping a large number of the world's major artists will be in Byron Bay next Easter. Once negotiations are completed, we look forward to bringing you our first artist announcement."

The first announcement is expected to be made this week.

BB King has announced a final international tour but has left March and April free from commitments and is expected to make the trek downunder for his final performance in front of Australian crowds.

The 14-time Grammy Award winner is expected to re-inject traditional blues into the festival, which has in recent years added international rock acts including REM to the line-ups.

Another possible drawcard cameo could be a BB King collaborator and the man considered one of the world's greatest guitarists, Eric Clapton.

Smylie
11-20-2006, 11:18 AM
maybe it'll be Dave solo (Europe) then DMB (Australia) then DMB (Europe) before the summer tour?

breuer33
11-20-2006, 11:21 AM
mayer opening for dmb, yes!!!
dmbs tour in aust. last time around was pretty unique.
id like to hear that again

Lugzy
11-20-2006, 11:27 AM
:upyours

Hopefully they stick to playing the smaller venues in the cities, it would really suck to see them in a place like the Entertainment Centre in Sydney. BUt I doubt it.

That said, I'm shitty I won't be able to see them at home again :\

twistedintheNW
11-20-2006, 12:20 PM
hmmm. Might have made a good decision by bailing on the UK shows....

sorry larisa, I'll say hi to your parents!! :lol ;)

Phan
11-20-2006, 12:23 PM
mayer opening for dmb, yes!!!
\

:lol :lol :lol

Lugzy
11-20-2006, 12:35 PM

I hate you bitch ;) Good luck finding a better tour guide though with awesome accomodation in byron and harbour yacht cruises :lol

I'm trying to work out maybe an Easter trip back home to coincide?? Who knows.

Tomacco
11-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Wouldn't be surprised. In one of Stefan's MSF interviews last spring he said they'll "absolutely" be coming back to AUS.

DMBpride
11-20-2006, 12:51 PM
from what I have been hearing, they (dm/dmb) are doing a few small tours... I am pretty sure AUS is one of em

coachC
11-20-2006, 04:18 PM
"However, Robert Plant has had to drop out due to recording commitments"

why can't dmb do this too?

anyone know how long they spent on BTCS in the studio?

Tomacco
11-20-2006, 04:32 PM
"However, Robert Plant has had to drop out due to recording commitments"

why can't dmb do this too?

anyone know how long they spent on BTCS in the studio?

Not sure if that's significant, considering the bases of Pig, Rapunzel, PNP, Crush, and DDTW were already written, and Halloween was long-completed.

coachC
11-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Not sure if that's significant, considering the bases of Pig, Rapunzel, PNP, Crush, and DDTW were already written, and Halloween was long-completed.

True, but i'm willing to bet at least 2 of the songs from this past summer show up on the new album. Those are written already. It just seems like they are in a rush to get out of the studio and go to parts of the world to play live. Why not take your time in the studio, do it right, and do it WELL. That's all I'm suggesting. The BTCS was a bad example then.

And, I bet if you did a poll here, more than 75% of people would want DMB to stay in the studio or take time off to produce a solid album.

broncos2008
11-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Yes! Now here's hoping i'm at the right place at the right time this time around

fhpantera
11-20-2006, 04:58 PM

WORD!!!!

Lugzy
11-20-2006, 05:29 PM
WORD!!!!
Fuck you both. Get your asses over to Europe ;)

Fan#41
11-20-2006, 06:39 PM
maybe it'll be Dave solo (Europe) then DMB (Australia) then DMB (Europe) before the summer tour?

:upyours

drouyn
11-20-2006, 08:54 PM
First announcement of artists for the Blues & Roots Festival is tomorrow (Wednesday) morning on TripleJ (presume Jay & the Doctor), so fingers crossed.

kern
11-20-2006, 09:19 PM
shouldnt dmb be opening for mayer?

jtq_99
11-20-2006, 10:16 PM
if they made a stop-over in NZ i would go. Australia is nothing special.

Lugzy
11-21-2006, 01:15 AM
First announcement of artists for the Blues & Roots Festival is tomorrow (Wednesday) morning on TripleJ (presume Jay & the Doctor), so fingers crossed.
:hi

MaLaKaS
11-21-2006, 01:31 AM
shouldnt dmb be opening for mayer?

Haha...if the only circumstances included in this decision were Continuum vs. Stand Up....then yes I would agree with you.

breuer33
11-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Haha...if the only circumstances included in this decision were Continuum vs. Stand Up....then yes I would agree with you.

good call:upyours

drouyn
11-21-2006, 06:56 PM
The West Australian newspaper (paragon of journalism that it isn't) reports that DMB will be playing the West Coast Blues'n'Roots Festival (in Fremantle, WA, 10 minutes from my frakkin' house) on 3/31-4/1, along with Ben Harper and John Mayer.

Lugzy
11-21-2006, 07:36 PM
The West Australian newspaper (paragon of journalism that it isn't) reports that DMB will be playing the West Coast Blues'n'Roots Festival (in Fremantle, WA, 10 minutes from my frakkin' house) on 3/31-4/1, along with Ben Harper and John Mayer.
:banana :banana :banana

Yay Garth. Thats awesome news!! Finally making it over to your side! ;)

drouyn
11-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Both the East and West Coast festival sites have now been updated confirming DMB.

http://www.bluesfest.com.au/

http://www.sunsetevents.com.au/#

And they are confirmed as headlining Saturday 3/31 in Perth and Friday 6/4 in Byron.

broncos2008
11-21-2006, 10:58 PM
:hump :banana This means that there will prolly be a east coast stops between the 31st and 5th. Awesome...

dmb8021
11-22-2006, 12:48 AM
from dmband.com

DMB to Play Two Australian Festivals in March-April 2007 (11/21/2006)

We are pleased to announce that Dave Matthews Band will be making another trip to Australia to perform at the
West Coast Blues & Roots Festival in Fremantle (Perth) and the East Coast Blues & Roots Festival in Byron Bay!

appa
11-22-2006, 02:29 AM
well, this news cheers up a dreary wednesday at work.

hope to see a few aussies there!

mike

Lugzy
11-22-2006, 04:44 AM
Thats awesome news. The line-up is great. I want to go!

KiWiNiCk
11-23-2006, 01:58 AM
This Kiwi will be representing!!!!!!!!:rawk