PDA

View Full Version : Studio 60 On the Sunset Strip

FishMonkeyMan
11-21-2006, 02:06 AM
Great episode tonight. This was probably the most industry oriented episode of the season, but working in the industry, im fine with that. Harriet has become much more likeable in the last few weeks, and its great to see Danny get relevant screen time finally.

Also is Dawn from the office going to be a regular now?

borat
11-21-2006, 02:21 AM
yeah, i was a big fan of this episode because it was so industry-oriented. i'm sure they're trying to stay away from being too "inside," but i loved it.

i thought the scenes with Matt, Danny, and Jordan were very entertaining, but i didn't enjoy the scenes with Harriet, Simon, and Tom.

i like Dawn being on the show, too

FishMonkeyMan
11-21-2006, 02:32 AM
yeah, i was a big fan of this episode because it was so industry-oriented. i'm sure they're trying to stay away from being too "inside," but i loved it.

i thought the scenes with Matt, Danny, and Jordan were very entertaining, but i didn't enjoy the scenes with Harriet, Simon, and Tom.

i like Dawn being on the show, too

do you work in the industry as well?

borat
11-21-2006, 03:17 AM
do you work in the industry as well?

yes sir

well, local news. close enough to get what they're talking about!

the end of the episode was great when Cal came up wth the idea for the Sunset Strip set

johnny boy
11-21-2006, 11:01 AM
yes sir

well, local news. close enough to get what they're talking about!

the end of the episode was great when Cal came up wth the idea for the Sunset Strip set

quick question, maybe for a different thread.

how did you end up working in local news? i was thinking about this the other day.

borat
11-21-2006, 06:17 PM
quick question, maybe for a different thread.

how did you end up working in local news? i was thinking about this the other day.

it's fairly easy to get hired in the Production dept (you don't need much experience). then once you've got your foot in the door, you can check out other areas of work (being a producer, reporter, director, etc)

Patrick
11-22-2006, 05:01 AM
:upyours i'm working in local news as well. just got hired last month for a station in indy. i've already started to go out and shoot for sports, which is what i really wanted to do. and i agree with mike, you don't need much experience(even though i graduated w/ a degree w/ TCOM production) to get your foot in the door.

flyersfanatic02
11-27-2006, 01:13 AM
Any of you Canadians catch this tonight? How was it?

flyersfanatic02
11-27-2006, 11:25 PM
:upyours Tonight's ep was good. The end was pretty predictable imo.

FishMonkeyMan
11-28-2006, 02:07 AM
:upyours Tonight's ep was good. The end was pretty predictable imo.

it was predictable to anyone who has known for months that amanda peet is pregnant and it was being written into the show.

good episode tonight :upyours

i felt tonight was the most "west wing like" episode yet.

gemma
11-28-2006, 02:55 AM
Such a great show. I could usually do without them showing the sketches though. They're so bad and the scenes always seem too long. Otherwise it's my favorite show in a while. :upyours

flyersfanatic02
12-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Couple things I liked from the episode that's airing now:

Danny's talk with Jordan at the end :upyours

Jack is great again

zhess88
12-04-2006, 10:23 PM
:upyours i'm working in local news as well. just got hired last month for a station in indy. i've already started to go out and shoot for sports, which is what i really wanted to do. and i agree with mike, you don't need much experience(even though i graduated w/ a degree w/ TCOM production) to get your foot in the door.

Which station?

GreyStHokie
12-04-2006, 11:35 PM
really enjoyed tonights show

flyersfanatic02
12-04-2006, 11:43 PM
I think the general consensus is that every week the show seems to be getting better, but how does NBC attept to pull back those who watched the first week or two and thought it sucked?

ethaxton
12-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Tonight was the first episode I caught, not too bad. Did I hear somewhere this show was being canned?

FishMonkeyMan
12-05-2006, 02:20 AM
I think the general consensus is that every week the show seems to be getting better, but how does NBC attept to pull back those who watched the first week or two and thought it sucked?

it waits until it gets the best drama emmy

ssdmbfan
12-05-2006, 12:56 PM

That's awesome. The only thing that discouraged me before was the pay. I'm guessing I'd take a huge pay cut in order to do that (at least for a while)?

I used to be in radio and worked as a PA at one TV station for about a month before I got out...I wish I would've stayed with it though and am thinking about trying again. I, too, want to work in sports (shooting, reporting, editing, anchoring, etc).

PeaElAre
12-06-2006, 12:10 AM
The rendition of O Holy Night from last night's episode was a beautiful piece of music. It will be available as a free download on iTMS starting tomorrow.

borat
12-06-2006, 12:12 AM
The rendition of O Holy Night from last night's episode was a beautiful piece of music. It will be available as a free download on iTMS starting tomorrow.

i really wanna hear that