PDA

View Full Version : Hey TDCers!

BeaufordBuddy
11-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Just made the move from ufck, didn't seem to lose anything along the way. I really look forward to what this new community has to offer. In recent months I've strayed from actively posting in DMBc on ufck because of several different reasons, mainly the overall attitude among the board. But I look forward to getting back in the game with TDC. I'm anxious to see the direction this place goes in. Also, I'm happy with the mod/admin lineup. Pete basically wrote the book on DMB boards and should really help the community get back to its roots.

And to make this whole post DMBc worthy, I just checked my email to find out that 12.31.96 is being released. We FINALLY got it! Perhaps they were holding out the whole time waiting for the 10th anniversary to come around. What makes this news even sweeter is knowing that I was at that show. Having a good quality recording will really bring back great memories of that night. And from what I read the show will be released on 12.8 correct?

Anyways, just wanted to say I'm here. I'll see you all around the boards. Happy Thanksgiving and happy posting!

TheNoise
11-21-2006, 07:38 AM
:upyours

Mark
11-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Welcome :upyours

captainbluntmofo
11-21-2006, 09:13 AM
ufck DMBc became a mess. This board is already a much better place to post, with people who still like the band for the most part. Posting in a way that enhances the music and still being sincere and blunt. It is the first of its kind since I have posted.

raven
11-21-2006, 09:34 AM
:upyours

JamSession v2.0
11-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Welcome! :upyours

mrchattr
11-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Welcome aboard, dude. I was surprised to not have seen you earlier.

Smokey the Bear
11-21-2006, 12:13 PM
:banana :bananahump

TRDW
11-21-2006, 02:47 PM
I will echo the sentiments of others. I am already impressed with this place, and am happy to be a part of it, and can't wait to watch it grow and evolve.

BeaufordBuddy
11-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Welcome aboard, dude. I was surprised to not have seen you earlier.

Thanks. I've been out in Cali the past few weeks training. But it's good to be back in the rotation of things. :)

Pete
11-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Always good to have the old faces continue on with us...

BeaufordBuddy
11-21-2006, 08:27 PM

It's been a long time my friend. Hope all is well.

Pete
11-21-2006, 08:37 PM
It's been a long time my friend. Hope all is well.
Can't complain... likewise I hope everything's going well for you. :)

Vincent
11-24-2006, 05:28 PM

..... and some new faces of old fans.

spruce
11-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey, BB. Glad you made it over. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. :)

coachC
11-24-2006, 06:47 PM
what are you training for?

BeaufordBuddy
11-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey, BB. Glad you made it over. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. :)

I certainly did Tom. Likewise to you as well. :)

BeaufordBuddy
11-24-2006, 06:52 PM
what are you training for?

NTC is a training area where the Army tries to simulate the conditions in Iraq/Afghanistan. You live on a FOB, get hit by simulated mortar attacks, have to perform detainee operations, etc. They try to replicate every scenario you might face while deployed. But since I've already served in Iraq for 14 months it's a cakewalk.

GLASS
11-24-2006, 09:42 PM
NTC is a training area where the Army tries to simulate the conditions in Iraq/Afghanistan. You live on a FOB, get hit by simulated mortar attacks, have to perform detainee operations, etc. They try to replicate every scenario you might face while deployed. But since I've already served in Iraq for 14 months it's a cakewalk.

Hey BB, this is Bonnie's ex-boyfriend, good to see you back and safe man, hope you're good! :hi were you on the OSW ez-board?

BeaufordBuddy
11-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Hey BB, this is Bonnie's ex-boyfriend, good to see you back and safe man, hope you're good! :hi were you on the OSW ez-board?

Hey man, what's up? Long time no talk to. I was on OSW very briefly, didn't post much.

GLASS
11-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Not much man, in Chicago with my fiance for the holiday weekend, yeah OSW that was a funny board, you in VA? Obviously you made it home safe, great to see. What position do you hold in the Army?

BeaufordBuddy
11-24-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm stationed at Fort Riley now, it blows. I'm into Satellite Communications. I'm an operator and maintainer for a mobile satellite terminal that provides voice and data communications to our main Brigade headquarters.

Good luck with the wedding. Hope everything turns out well. :upyours

GLASS
11-24-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm stationed at Fort Riley now, it blows. I'm into Satellite Communications. I'm an operator and maintainer for a mobile satellite terminal that provides voice and data communications to our main Brigade headquarters.

Good luck with the wedding. Hope everything turns out well. :upyours

Good to hear all is well, forgive me but where is Fort Riley? My Dog's name is Riley, is addorable, he is a 8lbs maltese. Yeah the wedding plans are underway in full swing. How long have you been? If I remember did you post some pics from iraq? If so where would I find them?:hi

BeaufordBuddy
11-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Good to hear all is well, forgive me but where is Fort Riley? My Dog's name is Riley, is addorable, he is a 8lbs maltese. Yeah the wedding plans are underway in full swing. How long have you been? If I remember did you post some pics from iraq? If so where would I find them?:hi

Fort Riley is located in Kansas, about an hour west of Topeka. Been in the service for a little over 6 years now, been at Riley since March. Awhile back I compiled a website which has some photos that me and others took of Iraq, it can be found here:

http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/iraq_pics1.htm

groove merchant
11-25-2006, 12:36 AM
man, those pictures are incredible. thanks for sharing,bro.

GLASS
11-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Fort Riley is located in Kansas, about an hour west of Topeka. Been in the service for a little over 6 years now, been at Riley since March. Awhile back I compiled a website which has some photos that me and others took of Iraq, it can be found here:

http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/iraq_pics1.htm

Those are good shots man, thats incredible that you've seen things up close and in your face. So 6 years, obviously you've re-enlisted, do you have 2 years remaining? Do you plan to re-enlist again? I know this isn't dmbc, but youknow what, I know you via dmb, so there is your c :hi

BeaufordBuddy
11-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Those are good shots man, thats incredible that you've seen things up close and in your face. So 6 years, obviously you've re-enlisted, do you have 2 years remaining? Do you plan to re-enlist again? I know this isn't dmbc, but youknow what, I know you via dmb, so there is your c :hi

Most of the photos that feature action shots were taken by a pro photojournalist that was embedded with the unit participating in the initial push to Baghdad. I was not part of that unit, I just inherited the photos from them. I'll be honest, I didn't see much action, and I'm thankful for that.

My enlistment is up in July 2009. I am glad to say that I will not be reenlisting. I'm getting tired of the day-to-day bullshit and not having all of my freedoms. I'll try to get a job around the Raleigh, NC area but if I can't then I plan on working for a company called DataPath. They make satellite communications equipment and terminals for both commercial and military use. They also provide training and support for the equipment they sell to the Army and other branches of service.

I'm suppose to redeploy back to Iraq in February. Not looking forward to it at all. But I gotta do what has to be done.