PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else on a DMB detox?

FishMonkeyMan
11-21-2006, 05:53 PM
I haven't listened to any DMB except for one listen though of the BOWA bonus disc someone burned me since the day after I got the fenway live trax. I've listened to some dave and tim but in the last few weeks not even much of that. Anyone else go on a big detox after the summer tour?

I'll probably start revisiting old december shows in a couple weeks?

coots
11-21-2006, 05:57 PM
in the past couple weeks i have been DMB free...just felt it was time for some new music

Mersh
11-21-2006, 06:01 PM
didn't really listen to much all summer and not much now either. I have downloaded a few of the new old shows on DT and I am looking forward to LT7 though.

dmb0226
11-21-2006, 06:02 PM
havent listened in a while

Kerwin
11-21-2006, 06:07 PM
big time detox.

i went to the most shows this year than i ever have. road trips.

i need a long break and i will be ready for next summer.

akleiner34
11-21-2006, 06:09 PM
I always detox in the fall. I download alot of the summer tracks that get posted and listen to them often in the summer. When the stream stops I stop. I usually pop in D+T shows in December and January and listen to them until the DMB shows start again.

Per553
11-21-2006, 06:21 PM
i think the best thing about being a dmb fan is that you can take a break and listen to david gray, or mayer, or umphs, or phish or what have you and always come back and just thnk "wow, this is why dmb is my favorite band." or for me at least.

FishMonkeyMan
11-21-2006, 06:23 PM
i think the best thing about being a dmb fan is that you can take a break and listen to david gray, or mayer, or umphs, or phish or what have you and always come back and just thnk "wow, this is why dmb is my favorite band." or for me at least.

this post would have had a lot more credibility if you didnt say david gray, or mayer, or umphs...

bigtrain21
11-21-2006, 07:22 PM

I agree with this. I mean I like those other bands, but atleast for me they don't compare to Dave.

Personally I haven't slowed down a bit on listening. I usually just switch back and forth between DMB and Dave & Tim and take a break from either of those while listening to the other one.

Tomacco
11-21-2006, 07:24 PM
Not really, but I listen to music pretty much all day long, so even with some DMB in there, there's plenty of other stuff.

Per553
11-21-2006, 07:31 PM
this post would have had a lot more credibility if you didnt say david gray, or mayer, or umphs...

i was trying to think of a larger spectrum of music than just allman brothers band and the dead.

would the beatles, trey and widespread panic be more "credible"

raven
11-21-2006, 07:31 PM
I've been the opposite lately actually. Over the summer I didn't really listen to much DMB besides the shows I went to, but the past few weeks I've been listening to a ton of old shows and live releases

CRUSHsoccer15
11-21-2006, 10:05 PM
This is usually the time that the DMB playing decreases, naturally right after the tour when listening is heavy.

I really like the BOWA Live disks though, so that's been getting a lot of play.

Pete
11-21-2006, 10:19 PM
I used to do this a lot, but since the era of the iPod began it doesn't happen for too long anymore.

mrchattr
11-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I don't listen to DMB at all right now...found some new stuff that I'm enjoying...but later, when LT7 comes out, more info from the studio, the European tour, more talk about Australia, etc...I'll be sucked right back in.

jaird
11-22-2006, 01:16 AM
The past 2 years.

urth
11-22-2006, 01:25 AM
outside of a few songs from the fenway release i don't think ive listened to dmb more than two times since the chula show. that will more than likely change once I get a copy of the new live trax

dmb0226
11-22-2006, 01:37 AM
havent really listened to dmb much since c-ville

lcause
11-22-2006, 01:47 AM
I started detox after my last show in September. I have a day here or there that I listen to a bunch but I find I enjoy it so much more if I take some breaks :o

JWood
11-22-2006, 02:27 AM
Yeah, i'm at that point, i'm still listening to #41 from BOWA and a few Shotgun performances. Other than that, not much, maybe a little D&T here and there.

slugmother
11-22-2006, 02:55 AM
i haven't been listening to any particular band more so than others lately, a little of this a little of that la la la la la

SurferX
11-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Whenever a new album comes out (LT, BOWA v1, etc), I'll listen to it once and then put it into rotation on my iPod. Outside of when a song pops up on random, I don't go out of my way to listen to DMB...

hkhund07
11-22-2006, 12:54 PM

I agree with this. I guess like a lot of you here I need to detox from DMB in the Fall, and maybe early winter. I use the time to explore some other bands and artists. Right now I'm listening to My Morning Jacket "Okonokos" Live, John Popper project, Bob Dylan's new one, Flecktones Live Art. It's funny though, I can't go too long without alternating in a few DMB tunes.

Scotty12
11-22-2006, 01:00 PM
In the summer the only DMB I listened to was at Toronto, SPAC, Randalls, and Fenway. Since then I havent really listened save for a random mp3 maybe once a week or so if it comes up on my playlist. I've been listening to alot of Phish and Grateful dead. So probably six months of very very sparse listening.

Last night when I was grocery shopping Ants came on and it was a good moment - nice to be reminded how great a song is and how much you love it when you havent heard it in a long time and arent expecting it.

Per553
11-22-2006, 01:33 PM
let me try and elucidate what i meant to say; what's so great about being a "hard-core" ( i hate that phrase) dmb fan is that no matter how long you take a hiatus from the band, no mater when you pop in ltv1 or red rocks it's always so refreshing: a new fonz lick you didn't catch before, the intricacy (or intricascree?) of a boyd solo on billies, the beauty 'roi gives to a song like warehouse which just makes it take off, the power and momentum carter adds to the say bye intro or the newly-realized profundity of a seemingly mundane dave lyric... that to me is the most meaningful thing of being a fan of this band and something that even after temporarily ( or more long term-ly) dropping them for doughty, dylan, the dead will always draw me back to the band and prove them (for me) to be a matchless chill-inducing band.

thestand
11-22-2006, 02:15 PM
I just finished my detox- put on BTCS after not listening to any DMB since the end of the summer tour. I downloaded Bridge School and a few of the D+T shows, but haven't put them on yet.

Wescoast
11-22-2006, 02:37 PM
i was heavy in the summer, checked out the d&t shows, but since september havent listened to much at all. on the drive to tucson i popped in live trax 3... ya the show is everything good about dmb.

Rickmiller15BOSOX
11-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Live in Chicago has actually been in the car for a few. I just got back from a road trip to Green Bay and didn't listen to DMB/DT/DMF once.

FishMonkeyMan
11-30-2006, 03:46 PM
ending the boycott, will be going through some of the classic december shows in prep for the new live trax.

Babbit
11-30-2006, 03:55 PM
No shows last year...the occasional song here and there for the last 4 months or so...yeah...I guess you could say that...

Feathered
12-01-2006, 12:26 AM
i listen to an occasional jtr or random song, fenway for a week or so. but other than that i havent listened to much since september. i really overkill them during the season so its nice to listen to other stuff for a few months and take a break.

ethaxton
12-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Haven't been listening to them as much, been on a chili peppers kick.

Smokey the Bear
12-01-2006, 03:26 AM
I'd say i listen to as much DMB as other stuff...but thats combining all the other stuff into 1 group. so 50% DMB

captainbluntmofo
12-01-2006, 04:21 AM
Put on Everyday tonight and enjoyed it more then ever for some reason. It was pretty crazy.

Fan#41
12-01-2006, 07:26 AM
no mater when you pop in ltv1 or red rocks it's always so refreshing: a new fonz lick you didn't catch before, the intricacy (or intricascree?) of a boyd solo on billies, .

.....skree....it's skree!

glennjamin
12-01-2006, 08:11 AM
I went to some shows this past summer but otherwise havent listened to more than probably an hour of dmb outside of concerts the last 2 1/2 years

Per553
12-01-2006, 08:43 AM
ugh. i gave up dmb (and all of it's incarnations) since the 27th and it's been rough. sad, i know.