PDA

View Full Version : BOWA comes in at #10 in the Billboard charts

Smokey the Bear
11-24-2006, 12:36 PM
http://billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=The+Billboard+200

If anyone cares...it got beat by some pretty great albums like Now 23 and the Hannah Montana Soundtrack

People People
11-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Thats kinda neat.

groove merchant
11-24-2006, 12:58 PM
interesting.

Smittay
11-24-2006, 01:04 PM
http://billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Rock+Albums

yeah, but it
DEBUTED at #1 on Top Rock Albums... so it is essentially now a #1 album... :wtf
and it beat eric clapton and the foo fighters new albums

kern
11-24-2006, 01:24 PM
wow. I'm shocked #1

groove merchant
11-24-2006, 01:30 PM
http://billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Rock+Albums

yeah, but it
DEBUTED at #1 on Top Rock Albums... so it is essentially now a #1 album... :wtf
and it beat eric clapton and the foo fighters new albums

good to see this...thanks for the linkage.

froey
11-24-2006, 04:31 PM
i am shocked.

Nova Scotia
11-24-2006, 05:27 PM
i'd like to see the % of purchases by people who don't own any other dmb material

Tomacco
11-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Pretty dang good for a greatest hits compilation.

wanderer88
11-24-2006, 07:23 PM
cap$haw must have bought a few more copies

malachite00
11-24-2006, 08:22 PM
i'd like to see the % of purchases by people who don't own any other dmb material

I'd like to see % of those people who have listened to the actual 'greatest hits' CD, as opposed to the live CD or bonus CD. I've had the bonus CD playing repeatedly in my car for a few days now.

priceofacoke910
11-25-2006, 12:00 PM
I'd like to see % of those people who have listened to the actual 'greatest hits' CD, as opposed to the live CD or bonus CD. I've had the bonus CD playing repeatedly in my car for a few days now.
I have actually probably listened to the studio disc more than D2 so far but am sure I have listened to the bonus disc at least a few times more than D1. I like the studio disc actually...it's kind of nice.

Mersh
11-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Pretty dang good for a greatest hits compilation.

especially considering how many people here (or ufck) said they wouldn't buy it...I'm guessing 90% of the people who said they wouldn't did.

Minarets
11-25-2006, 12:12 PM
especially considering how many people here (or ufck) said they wouldn't buy it...I'm guessing 90% of the people who said they wouldn't did.

exaggeration? or are you serious?

Mersh
11-25-2006, 12:15 PM
exaggeration? or are you serious?

I'm serious, I'm betting 90% of the people who said they wouldn't buy it did. Either because they got sucked in by a 4 track bonus disc or because they're full of shit.

groove merchant
11-25-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm serious, I'm betting 90% of the people who said they wouldn't buy it did. Either because they got sucked in by a 4 track bonus disc or because they're full of shit.

its become cool to hate on the releases. lets not forget about all the soccer moms who like crash and space between. im sure they had something to do with the sales.

Mersh
11-25-2006, 12:19 PM
its become cool to hate on the releases. lets not forget about all the soccer moms who like crash and space between. im sure they had something to do with the sales.

well yeah, but I'm just talking board folk.

As for being cool, I can't get behind that because I really dislike that argument. The last couple release have been pretty meh IMO.

groove merchant
11-25-2006, 12:22 PM
well yeah, but I'm just talking board folk.

As for being cool, I can't get behind that because I really dislike that argument. The last couple release have been pretty meh IMO.

i agree. it just seems like everytime something gets released there is someone starting the outrage thread. BOWA turned out alright all things considered...the bonus disc was nice. i dunno...just my thoughts on the situation.

Mersh
11-25-2006, 12:28 PM
i agree. it just seems like everytime something gets released there is someone starting the outrage thread. BOWA turned out alright all things considered...the bonus disc was nice. i dunno...just my thoughts on the situation.

Fair enough. I think BOWA is a bad representation of a Best Of DMB or a Greatest of DMB, but obviously that is just my opinion.

groove merchant
11-25-2006, 12:39 PM
Fair enough. I think BOWA is a bad representation of a Best Of DMB or a Greatest of DMB, but obviously that is just my opinion.

oh no doubt it is a bad representation of the best of DMB. just better than i thought it would be. its a collection thing for me more than anything else.

Poth Ead
11-25-2006, 01:01 PM
TBOWA doesn't represent DMB's greatest, but I'm happy with Disk 2 and the Encore CD... so, no bitching and complaining here :upyours

Mersh
11-25-2006, 01:14 PM
TBOWA doesn't represent DMB's greatest, but I'm happy with Disk 2 and the Encore CD... so, no bitching and complaining here :upyours

I'm not bitching and complaining, just saying it isn't that great so I didn't buy it.

dsera
11-25-2006, 01:15 PM
I admit, the only reason I bought it was for that encore cd.

captainbluntmofo
11-25-2006, 07:27 PM
People love best of Cds.

alexbunke
11-25-2006, 07:28 PM
People are very stupid.

captainbluntmofo
11-25-2006, 07:36 PM
People are very stupid.

yeah but it is no crime to get into a band from a best of CD. I did that with some great bands. Smiths, Kinks, etc. It is a tradition in music.

Pete
11-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Well, prior to hearing about these Billboard results I thought they had shot themselves in their collective foot by watering down the real hits between two discs. I still think I'm right because one disc with just the real stuff - as far as radio hits are concerned - could strike a chord with the mainstream and be a real mover.

Pete
11-25-2006, 08:35 PM
yeah but it is no crime to get into a band from a best of CD. I did that with some great bands. Smiths, Kinks, etc. It is a tradition in music.
Very true... Greatest hits albums can play a huge role for bands with something of a legacy, which I think DMB has solidified for themselves already, regardless of any recent follies.