PDA

View Full Version : DMB HD DVDs

BeaufordBuddy
11-24-2006, 07:19 PM
I was recently introduced into the orgasmic entertainment experience that is HD DVD, thanks to my xbox 360 add-on HD DVD drive. While I was watching a few movies I was thinking to myself how awesome it would be to watch a DMB live concert DVD in high definition. I understand the potential may not be that great for sales but damn if it wouldn't kick serious ass to watch a concert like Red Rocks or the Gorge shot in HD. Anyone else agree?

groove merchant
11-24-2006, 07:41 PM
i thought red rocks was HD?

whodey
11-24-2006, 07:42 PM

i thought so too

thestand
11-24-2006, 07:46 PM
As long as it's released by a distributer that also releases it in Blu-ray, I'm fine.

BeaufordBuddy
11-24-2006, 07:55 PM

It may have been shot in HD but was released in standard definition DVD format.

groove merchant
11-24-2006, 07:59 PM
It may have been shot in HD but was released in standard definition DVD format.

oh thats weak. if you catch a re-air on PBS you can see the HD version.

bbycrei
11-24-2006, 08:49 PM
I thought CP was shot in HD too.

Koko the Monkey
11-24-2006, 08:52 PM
i think folsom field was shot in hd too actually

Rud
11-24-2006, 08:57 PM
i think every 2006 summer tour show was shot in hd

Crumbo
11-24-2006, 08:58 PM
i think every 2006 summer tour show was shot in hd

2005 also

BeaufordBuddy
11-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Sinclair needs an HD DVD camera.

dsera
11-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Sinclair needs an HD DVD camera.
Crumbo might be able to tell you for sure but I could have sworn Ethan said he just bought one when we saw him in Chicago.

BeaufordBuddy
11-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Crumbo might be able to tell you for sure but I could have sworn Ethan said he just bought one when we saw him in Chicago.

Well you don't say!? That's excellent.

Crumbo
11-24-2006, 09:08 PM

I don't think it's HD though

dsera
11-24-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't think it's HD though
Oh. He did get a new one though right? I thought it was but maybe not.

Crumbo
11-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Oh. He did get a new one though right? I thought it was but maybe not.

yep

just not positive if it's HD though :)

groove merchant
11-24-2006, 09:14 PM
i know they have a hand held HD camera that is the size of your hand. lots of green to be risking at a show.

dsera
11-24-2006, 09:22 PM
i know they have a hand held HD camera that is the size of your hand. lots of green to be risking at a show.
Yeah next time I talk to him, I'll find out for sure though. I hope it's HD too!

Crumbo
11-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Imagine how many "tape" flips an HD camera would need

GLASS
11-24-2006, 09:38 PM
:hi I just hired a videographer for my wedding and did a ton of research in to HD video, first off the cheapest player on the market up until PS3 last week costed $1000+, additionally, the technology is not available to reproduce/burn these dvd's, it is but it is in the thousands. Beyond that there is blu-ray and HD, blu-ray backed by Sony alone and HD by almost everyone else because Sony cut a lot of ties they had already established other companies involved in say the media aspect e.g. blank DVDs for retail and wholesale. We are having the wedding shot in HD however we've been told it we won't receive the HD version until the burners, media, and software are available which currently they all are not to the general public. Thus to have an HD show and be able to watch it isn't likely, seeing as how if you have a player and TV you have a 1 in 2 chance of having the right form e.g. HD vs. blu-ray. HD/blu-ray looks incredible, but not accessible as of yet to the general public in the way it is going to be needed for us to enjoy anything in this wonderful format, at least not yet! :hi

groove merchant
11-24-2006, 09:41 PM
thanks for that info. it all seems so easy. one day the mpeg and avi will be washed away. i wonder what a HD burner will cost when it hits the market?

dsera
11-24-2006, 09:46 PM
thanks for that info. it all seems so easy. one day the mpeg and avi will be washed away. i wonder what a HD burner will cost when it hits the market?
I don't even want to think about that because I know I'll have to have one. I'm such a geek.

groove merchant
11-24-2006, 09:51 PM
I don't even want to think about that because I know I'll have to have one. I'm such a geek.

yes you are. but thats a good thing.

Yee
11-24-2006, 09:55 PM
ethan filmed 06.06.06 in HD. the camera was pretty new when he came to michigan. it was the size of his palm.

groove merchant
11-24-2006, 09:55 PM
i just found this. it looks incredible on the LCD. this may help.

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Saturday Night Live
NBC Studios
New York, New York
Show Date: May 6th, 2006

"Taper": Richard Simms (sullen)

Source: High Definition Digital Signal : 1080i >
FusionHDTV5 Gold > save .TP file >
trimmed .TP file with Fusion HDTV version 3.20.00

- demuxed with projextX
- reconverted video to standard NTSC format (720x480)
- DVD authoring with TMPGEnc (using ORIGINAL ac3 audio fle)

1. Dani California
2. Give It Away

Notes
1. Do not convert to an inferior format such as DivX, Mov, Real, etc.

GLASS
11-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Toshiba plans to release one to the retail north American market for $936.99 and eventually release a less expensive version the HD -A1 for $500.00, they plan to manufacture 2000 units per month for the next year, but want to have 600,000-700,000 released shortly after. The benefit of the HD-A1 is that it does not carry region coding, meaning it will play dvd's made anywhere in the world. However, as earlier noted one of the two formats is going to succeed as the only HighDef form, just like Beta vs. VHS so getting in on one of these before that decision is made by consumers is a risky one financially. :hi

dsera
11-24-2006, 10:04 PM
ethan filmed 06.06.06 in HD. the camera was pretty new when he came to michigan. it was the size of his palm.
Nice, thanks for the info Yee! :hi

Yeedog
11-24-2006, 10:26 PM

HD being mainstream will have nothing to do with mpegs being or not being around still.

Infact you can still use mpegs for HD because mpegs are just a container for the video and audio. Most if not all HD you see on TV are really mpeg streams that have video/audio encoded to the HD specs on resolution and bitrate. The starting files before encoding are obviously HD as well. So an mpeg file can still be HD. It's really all bout resolution and bitrate.

Hell your computer monitor is an HD screen.

groove merchant
11-24-2006, 10:38 PM
HD being mainstream will have nothing to do with mpegs being or not being around still.

Infact you can still use mpegs for HD because mpegs are just a container for the video and audio. Most if not all HD you see on TV are really mpeg streams that have video/audio encoded to the HD specs on resolution and bitrate. The starting files before encoding are obviously HD as well. So an mpeg file can still be HD. It's really all bout resolution and bitrate.

thats why the HD stuff i have looks so good. hahaaa what a dumb ass i am. i just buy the shit and dont read. and thanks for clearing that up. i work with my hands and my back. technology scares the shit out of me. thats why i hang out with the smnart people. thanks again.

zhess88
11-24-2006, 11:24 PM
oh thats weak. if you catch a re-air on PBS you can see the HD version.

Yeah, I have that taped and they always play the Storytellers on a channel I have called HDM (High Def Music) or something along those lines.

GLASS
11-24-2006, 11:36 PM
:hi Yeah, I have that taped and they always play the:hi Storytellers on a channel I have called HDM (High Def Music) or something along those lines.

Did you tape in HD on a DVR box? If so that would be very cool to transfer onto pc, I actually haven't done so myself but plan to when things calm down in life... :hi

Tambourine Man
11-25-2006, 12:01 AM
i just found this. it looks incredible on the LCD. this may help.

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Saturday Night Live
NBC Studios
New York, New York
Show Date: May 6th, 2006

"Taper": Richard Simms (sullen)

Source: High Definition Digital Signal : 1080i >
FusionHDTV5 Gold > save .TP file >
trimmed .TP file with Fusion HDTV version 3.20.00

- demuxed with projextX
- reconverted video to standard NTSC format (720x480)
- DVD authoring with TMPGEnc (using ORIGINAL ac3 audio fle)

1. Dani California
2. Give It Away

Notes
1. Do not convert to an inferior format such as DivX, Mov, Real, etc.

:hi

Did you tape in HD on a DVR box? If so that would be very cool to transfer onto pc, I actually haven't done so myself but plan to when things calm down in life... :hi

Usually, this can't be done; however, the stream can usually be captured via firewire while the show is playing. If you'd like help with this, please PM. I'd really like to get some HD DMB stuff out there.

dmb2much
11-25-2006, 12:02 AM
I thought CP was shot in HD too.

Right you are.

A channel on DishNetwork, RAVEHD, replays an hour version of the CP show in HD. Very Cool!

I'm really enjoying the HD stuff as well. RAVEHD has also been replaying FarmAid 2003. All this HD content is occupying a large amount of space on my DVR!

I put together a DVD of the Farm Aid 2003 DM set an added Hootie & the Blowfish: Only Wanna be with you. (Yes, I know there is an official release. However, this broadcast includes a couple extra songs.)

zhess88
11-25-2006, 12:05 AM
:hi

Yea, i taped to a DVR box. There's a way to transfer because my buddy has done it. So when I go over there i'll see what he did and post the how to on the DVR ---> PC transfer.

dmb2much
11-25-2006, 12:09 AM

Interesting article I read in Sound & Vision mag, from May 2006.

MPEG2 or MPEG4 for HD
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/hitech/1414/mpeg-2-vs-mpeg-4.html

dsera
11-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Usually, this can't be done; however, the stream can usually be captured via firewire while the show is playing. If you'd like help with this, please PM. I'd really like to get some HD DMB stuff out there.Usually what can't be done? Trasfer from DVR. Sure it can, I do it all the time.

dmb2much
11-25-2006, 12:29 AM
We are having the wedding shot in HD however we've been told it we won't receive the HD version until the burners, media, and software are available which currently they all are not to the general public.
Here's a few BlueRay burners at NewEgg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2000100005+1036522425&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=5

Thus to have an HD show and be able to watch it isn't likely, seeing as how if you have a player and TV you have a 1 in 2 chance of having the right form e.g. HD vs. blu-ray. HD/blu-ray looks incredible, but not accessible as of yet to the general public in the way it is going to be needed for us to enjoy anything in this wonderful format, at least not yet! :hi
Keep an eye out for this new codec: AVCHD (Advanced Video Codec High Definition).
Not so much a format as a new codec (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, to be precise). AVCHD will be able to record onto 8cm DVDs, flash memory and Sony's own Memory Sticks. Sony's using this codec in one of their consumer DVD camcorders. More info about AVCHD here:
http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/IS-AVCHD-Doomed-Before-It-Starts.htm

dmb2much
11-25-2006, 12:42 AM
Imagine how many "tape" flips an HD camera would need
The recording time is the same for the miniDV format.
63 minutes recording time in 1080i
63 minutes recording time in 720p or DV (SP mode)
94 minutes (LP mode)

HDV is available in two standards HDV1 and HDV2 but, unlike DV,
they use MPEG-2 long GOP compression to squeeze the
HD video into DV-sized data.

TMI maybe, but HD is on it's way!

dmb2much
11-25-2006, 12:44 AM
You and me both.

My fisrt CD Burner was an HP for about $399.00 as well as the first DVD-/+RW Drive by Sony.

Tambourine Man
11-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Usually what can't be done? Trasfer from DVR. Sure it can, I do it all the time.

So you've transferred high-def content off of your DVR on to your PC? I've never heard of taking saved HD content off of DVRs. You can't simply hook the DVR up to computer using its video out (Component, DVI, HDMI) because the computer doesn't have enough bandwidth to take in that high defintion signal.

The only way to do it then is to extract the recorded files off of the DVR's hard drive. However, the files are encrypted and the hard disk is not readable by any computer.

So, the only way that I know to capture HD content is to intercept the transport stream while it is playing and record it to a computer that way.

groove merchant
11-25-2006, 12:53 AM
So you've transferred high-def content off of your DVR on to your PC?

oh yeah she has. she spread the dMb storytellers (i think) its been a while. but yes it can be done.

duane26
11-25-2006, 12:54 AM
Sony and their use of ancient MPEG-2 for Blu-ray is a joke. They spend all this time and money creating blu-ray technology and they use a 20 year old codec for it, Hahaha.

Crumbo
11-25-2006, 12:54 AM
The recording time is the same for the miniDV format.
63 minutes recording time in 1080i
63 minutes recording time in 720p or DV (SP mode)
94 minutes (LP mode)

HDV is available in two standards HDV1 and HDV2 but, unlike DV,
they use MPEG-2 long GOP compression to squeeze the
HD video into DV-sized data.

TMI maybe, but HD is on it's way!

interesting

great info throughout this thread Nate

thanks!

+T :lol

duane26
11-25-2006, 12:57 AM
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=177&modelid=14059

Wow one of these would be sweet to own!

Tambourine Man
11-25-2006, 01:02 AM
oh yeah she has. she spread the dMb storytellers (i think) its been a while. but yes it can be done.

The high def version of storytellers was never circulated.

Yeedog
11-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Usually what can't be done? Trasfer from DVR. Sure it can, I do it all the time.

Just wait until you run into a 5C encrypted channel....

dsera
11-25-2006, 01:13 AM
Just wait until you run into a 5C encrypted channel....
:wtf

dmb2much
11-25-2006, 01:18 AM
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=177&modelid=14059

Wow one of these would be sweet to own!
If my Canon Optura Xi dies anytime soon, (hopefully not - extended warranty ends this month), I'm leaning towards this HV10.

dmb2much
11-25-2006, 01:25 AM
:wtf
http://www.dtcp.com/data/wp_spec.pdf

dsera
11-25-2006, 01:59 AM
So you've transferred high-def content off of your DVR on to your PC? I've never heard of taking saved HD content off of DVRs. You can't simply hook the DVR up to computer using its video out (Component, DVI, HDMI) because the computer doesn't have enough bandwidth to take in that high defintion signal.

The only way to do it then is to extract the recorded files off of the DVR's hard drive. However, the files are encrypted and the hard disk is not readable by any computer.

So, the only way that I know to capture HD content is to intercept the transport stream while it is playing and record it to a computer that way.I hope you really don't think you know what you're talking about here. You do realize that it's done all the time by alot of people. There are literally TONS of HD sources of videos/movies/tv shows out there, right? I have a ton of transfer stream files sitting on my drive waiting to be converted right now.

http://www.dtcp.com/data/wp_spec.pdfOkay yeah, that might slow me down.

Tambourine Man
11-25-2006, 02:20 AM
I hope you really don't think you know what you're talking about here. You do realize that it's done all the time by alot of people. There are literally TONS of HD sources of videos/movies/tv shows out there, right? I have a ton of transfer stream files sitting on my drive waiting to be converted right now.

Okay yeah, that might slow me down.
Are you not reading what I am saying or just selectively reading it?

Like I said, have you taken an HD file that was recorded to your DVR and transferred it to your computer? I'm not talking about transport streams - we both know it is possible to capture HD footage that way.

Yeedog
11-25-2006, 02:49 AM

Like I said, have you taken an HD file that was recorded to your DVR and transferred it to your computer? I'm not talking about transport streams - we both know it is possible to capture HD footage that way.

the transport streams are exactly what is on your DVR. A DVR should save the exact bits that is sent to your tv from your provider. SO when you take the file off of your DVR and to your computer you get the exact file that was saved.

In total you get the exact bits that were sent to you from you cable company on your computer.

Content providers send both the HD and SD content in the same package. Depending on what pid is being referenced determines if you should be seeing the HD version or the SD version.

dsera
11-25-2006, 02:54 AM

You do realize that TIVO runs Linux right?

Tambourine Man
11-25-2006, 02:58 PM
There is no point in continuing this argument. I guess the point that I'd like to make in this thread is that I hope that somebody who has high def service will get this stuff spread. Like I said, if somebody would like help, they are free to PM me.

malachite00
11-25-2006, 04:57 PM
So, this is probably a stupid question, but I'm going to ask because you all seem to know quite a bit about these things -- I have an mpeg of the 08.26.06 Two Step (probably grabbed from Cristina's server). Its wide screen. Was it shot on HD? Does wide screen = HD, or can you shoot wide without it being high def?

dsera
11-25-2006, 05:59 PM
So, this is probably a stupid question, but I'm going to ask because you all seem to know quite a bit about these things -- I have an mpeg of the 08.26.06 Two Step (probably grabbed from Cristina's server). Its wide screen. Was it shot on HD? Does wide screen = HD, or can you shoot wide without it being high def?
It's Ethan's sourse so it could be the HD Yee was referring to. Not all wide screen is HD though and that clip isn't in HD anymore, it's converted for space I'm sure.

malachite00
11-25-2006, 11:34 PM
It's Ethan's sourse so it could be the HD Yee was referring to. Not all wide screen is HD though and that clip isn't in HD anymore, it's converted for space I'm sure.

Thanks for the info. The quality on the video is amazing, but I'm sure you're right that its been converted.

Jack
11-27-2006, 10:38 AM
:hi I just hired a videographer for my wedding and did a ton of research in to HD video, first off the cheapest player on the market up until PS3 last week costed $1000+, additionally, the technology is not available to reproduce/burn these dvd's, it is but it is in the thousands. Beyond that there is blu-ray and HD, blu-ray backed by Sony alone and HD by almost everyone else because Sony cut a lot of ties they had already established other companies involved in say the media aspect e.g. blank DVDs for retail and wholesale. We are having the wedding shot in HD however we've been told it we won't receive the HD version until the burners, media, and software are available which currently they all are not to the general public. Thus to have an HD show and be able to watch it isn't likely, seeing as how if you have a player and TV you have a 1 in 2 chance of having the right form e.g. HD vs. blu-ray. HD/blu-ray looks incredible, but not accessible as of yet to the general public in the way it is going to be needed for us to enjoy anything in this wonderful format, at least not yet! :hi

As you are doing, you should absolutely get your wedding filmed in HD. Almost all the HD cameras on the pro-sumer market are HDV, which uses the same tape as any mini dv camcorder. Normally, the only difference is the cut of the tape. But, you can record 1080i hd video on any mini dv tape.

The thing is, you're not recording your wedding to watch it the day after, you are recording it to watch in several years, when everything will be HD. If people at the wedding, parents, etc, want copies now, you can still record the wedding in hd, and make sd dvd copies for them. We did this with my sisters wedding. It was extremely easy. Find a videographer with either Sony Z1u's or FX1's. Or, the V1u when it comes out could be another option. You should most definately get an hdv copy of your wedding at the time you get any standard dvd copies. It is very easy to today to edit in hd, and reproduce hdv tapes. I wouldn't let them hold the only copy of the hd video.

Blu-Ray is not backed by Sony alone. Not even close. In fact, Sony has several more exclusive contracts than HDDVD. Warner, Fox and Disney are the three biggest exclusive BluRay partners. HD-DVD only has universal, and I believe that pact has an out clause. Blu Ray would appear to have more of a market outside the home dvd market. It is a much more versitaile format.

There is also new technology that has just been created that will allow a high definition dvd disc to have both formats on it and the player will decide which fileset to play. So, that could be an option.

Jack
11-27-2006, 10:42 AM

CP was filmed on Sony HDCAM's, as was red rocks. All the dvd's we have are 480p copies. I'm sure they will release these on an hd format in upcoming years.

Any HD copy of Red Rocks will absolutely tear to shreds what was played on PBS. The quality of that program was fairly terrible, and huge disapointment. In fact, any hard disc of hd video will be light years better than what you get out of your hd cable box. HDDVD/BluRay support 1080p (1920x1080), while you only get 1080i/720p (1366x768) out of you cable stb.

Rowsdower
11-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Beyond that there is blu-ray and HD, blu-ray backed by Sony alone and HD by almost everyone else because Sony cut a lot of ties they had already established other companies involved in say the media aspect e.g. blank DVDs for retail and wholesale.

This is just wrong. Blu-Ray has a ton of companies supporting the technology. Just to name a few: Apple, Buena Vista, Dell, Fox, HP, Hitachi, LG, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Paramount, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, Universal Music Group, Warner Brothers, etc. I don't really care at this point which technology becomes the standard, but you should know that Blu-Ray has a lot of big names backing it.

BeaufordBuddy
11-27-2006, 09:42 PM
In fact, Sony has several more exclusive contracts than HDDVD. Warner, Fox and Disney are the three biggest exclusive BluRay partners. HD-DVD only has universal, and I believe that pact has an out clause.

Yeah but those Blu-Ray partners don't have deals to exclusively produce Blu-Ray only. I own several HD-DVDs that are from studios other than Universal.

Yeedog
11-27-2006, 10:13 PM
well i was all set to capture the HD DMB storytellers on MHD and just my luck the channel is copy write protected. CCI = 0x02 in the diag screen and it just records nothing. Oh well....

The dvr is recording it atleast so maybe there is some way to get around it if i search google/avsforums hard enough and then i cal pull it off the dvr.

dmb2much
11-27-2006, 11:13 PM
well i was all set to capture the HD DMB storytellers on MHD and just my luck the channel is copy write protected. CCI = 0x02 in the diag screen and it just records nothing. Oh well....

The dvr is recording it atleast so maybe there is some way to get around it if i search google/avsforums hard enough and then i cal pull it off the dvr.
Tis a Tivo thing?

dmb2much
11-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Yeah but those Blu-Ray partners don't have deals to exclusively produce Blu-Ray only. I own several HD-DVDs that are from studios other than Universal.

Which HD-DVD drive did you end up with? A buddy of mine purchased the add-on HD drive for the Xbox360. Seems to be very pleased. I'd like to read the nitty gritty on it.

Not sure when I'll be making the jump. I'm quite enjoying the HD-Lite on E*.

groove merchant
11-27-2006, 11:17 PM
heres a dumb question...kinda related. can you record something on the DVR and slap it on the cpu using a USB port? and does this need software? sorry i am no video expert.

Tambourine Man
11-27-2006, 11:20 PM
heres a dumb question...kinda related. can you record something on the DVR and slap it on the cpu using a USB port? and does this need software? sorry i am no video expert.

No, you'll need firewire in almost all cases.

groove merchant
11-27-2006, 11:31 PM
No, you'll need firewire in almost all cases.

takes care of that...is firewire an apple product?

dmb2much
11-27-2006, 11:32 PM

Would certainly be nice. Can't speak for the Tivo users.

I've yet to find a method to extract the content from the E* Vip-622 HD DVR.
There has been talk of enabling the USB port for future archiving, (External Harddrive). But for now, it's labeled for future use, with the exception of being able to upload Photo's onto it. Not a big deal for me. I'd rather stream them from my PC the xbox360!

dmb2much
11-27-2006, 11:33 PM
takes care of that...is firewire an apple product?
Apple's term for IEEE1394.

Crumbo
11-27-2006, 11:34 PM
.is firewire an apple product?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

no

BeaufordBuddy
11-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Which HD-DVD drive did you end up with? A buddy of mine purchased the add-on HD drive for the Xbox360. Seems to be very pleased. I'd like to read the nitty gritty on it.

I went with the xbox 360 add-on HD-DVD drive as well. It's excellent, connects via USB to the rear of your 360 console and acts as a USB hub (has two USB ports on the rear). All you do is connect it, download a small patch, and you're ready to go. And holy shit, watching movies in HD is a whole new entertainment experience.

groove merchant
11-27-2006, 11:36 PM
laugh away..thats cool. ill admit it...i am no guru. geeesh.

maybe i wont try the DVR to CPU thing.

Yeedog
11-28-2006, 01:27 AM
Tis a Tivo thing?

The DVR is from comcast, it isn't tivo but it's the same idea.....

Jack
11-28-2006, 09:48 AM

well, there are other studios than universal that release titles on hddvd, but from everything I've read the companies I mentioned are exclusive to blue ray, as in Fox and Disney will not put anything out on HDDVD.

soright903
11-28-2006, 03:19 PM

that xbox 360 add on on doesnt have HDMI does it? I thought about getting this as well, but without HDMI you can not output 1080p. Does it just attach to the 360 and plays through component cables?

Jack
11-28-2006, 03:21 PM
that xbox 360 add on on doesnt have HDMI does it? I thought about getting this as well, but without HDMI you can not output 1080p. Does it just attach to the 360 and plays through component cables?

Yea, I really wouldn't ever consider buying and hddvd format that wouldn't support 1080p.

soright903
11-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Yea, I really wouldn't ever consider buying and hddvd format that wouldn't support 1080p.

Yea I agree for 300 more you can get the toshiba stand alone HD player. I would perfer a stand alone vrs a add on. Although there are rumors that 360 will be supporting HDMI soon.

BeaufordBuddy
11-28-2006, 06:41 PM
well, there are other studios than universal that release titles on hddvd, but from everything I've read the companies I mentioned are exclusive to blue ray, as in Fox and Disney will not put anything out on HDDVD.

I think you can take Warner Brothers off your list from earlier because they produce these titles plus many more on HD-DVD...

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Returns-HD-DVD/dp/B000JVT092/ref=pd_ts_c_th_1/002-1469053-4536816
http://www.amazon.com/Goodfellas-HD-DVD-Frank-Adonis/dp/B000E5KJES
http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000E1MTY0/ref=s9_asin_image_2/002-1469053-4536816

snyddogg430
11-28-2006, 07:02 PM
I am part of my school's TV station, and we are looking to get an HD camera or two. This shit is expensive, but we had someone come by to demo it for us and it's just beautiful. The funny thing is, we still broadcast in mono.:lol

Jack
11-29-2006, 11:58 AM
I think you can take Warner Brothers off your list from earlier because they produce these titles plus many more on HD-DVD...

yea, it's not wanrer, it is columbia.