PDA

View Full Version : My current beef with DMB...

goldenmonkey
11-26-2006, 05:30 PM
so, i preordered BOWA, at the very beginning of the pre-order period.

selected standard shipping. in the past, standard shipping was first class mail (AS ADVERTISED), and since they shipped from VA on a friday, I'd usually get it Monday or Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest.

With BOWA, I got an email saying it was shipped on the 3rd via USPS First class.

so, november 17 i call customer service asking why it isn't here yet. he goes "well, you ordered standard shipping, that's 12 business days, wait until the 20th to call"

IT DOES NOT TAKE 3 WEEKS TO SHIP A FIRST CLASS PACKAGE FROM VIRGINIA TO PENNSYLVANIA.

I finally get it on the 22nd. I look at the shipping date. it wasn't even shipped until the 10th - and wasn't even shipped first class!

Basically, DMB probably wasn't getting enough people to buy express shipping since they were getting it fast through standard, so, they adjusted.

i guess it's more of a musictoday problem, not a problem with the band, more management and musictoday. but, still, it just pisses me off that i have to wait 2+ weeks. I wish i could just buy them from the stores, but, i want the bonuses... oh well, at least there's oink so i can hear it when i legitimately should have it.

Per553
11-26-2006, 05:33 PM
good story gm

FishMonkeyMan
11-26-2006, 05:38 PM
shouldnt have bought a greatest hits compilation

pgr17
11-26-2006, 05:40 PM
:blah

why don't you just write an email to musictoday complaining about this and that they are misleading with their shady shipping options?

Wild_Moose
11-26-2006, 05:42 PM
it took from the 10th to the 22nd to get to you? maybe it was ups, or some other shipping error not entirely musictodays mistake

Tomacco
11-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Title should be "my problem with musictoday/management".

goldenmonkey
11-26-2006, 05:50 PM
shouldnt have bought a greatest hits compilation

1) i'm a completist
2) the 2nd disk was worthwhile, as was the 'encore' disk - with my face on the cover

:blah

why don't you just write an email to musictoday complaining about this and that they are misleading with their shady shipping options?

i should, but it's easier to bitch about it here

it took from the 10th to the 22nd to get to you? maybe it was ups, or some other shipping error not entirely musictodays mistake

eh, same thing happened with LT6. just not as extreme. mostly musictoday being shady and lying about shipping procedures

Title should be "my problem with musictoday/management".

i addressed that later. easier to blame DMB. essentially, DMB - the business entity - includes coran as manager, and he owns part of musictoday, and is management.

Ledge
11-26-2006, 05:51 PM
If you bitch enough, they'll give you your shipping money back.

goldenmonkey
11-26-2006, 05:53 PM
If you bitch enough, they'll give you your shipping money back.
really? nice, i should send an email to them at least. wonder if i still have the shipping envolope to prove it wasn't shipped the day they said it was...

pgr17
11-26-2006, 05:54 PM
you should and let us know what happens. the least they should do is update their shipping page so it is not full of lies.

Mersh
11-26-2006, 05:55 PM
wow people jumped all over golden

FishMonkeyMan
11-26-2006, 05:56 PM
wow people jumped all over golden

i was just giving him shit, i would be pissed too..

i still havent gone the 2002 warehouse 5 package..

Mersh
11-26-2006, 05:58 PM
I'd also point out that first class shipping doesn't cost what they charge, but just about every storefront on the internet fs you that way.

pgr17
11-26-2006, 06:02 PM
I'd also point out that first class shipping doesn't cost what they charge, but just about every storefront on the internet fs you that way.

that i never understand... how they are able to say that they will ship via USPS but can lists the prices that they want... and i'm sure online stores get a break too from the shipping companies.

it would be a nice thing if MT would charge "normal" shipping charges for orders (tickets included) but i doubt that will ever happen.

Mersh
11-26-2006, 06:05 PM
that i never understand... how they are able to say that they will ship via USPS but can lists the prices that they want... and i'm sure online stores get a break too from the shipping companies.

it would be a nice thing if MT would charge "normal" shipping charges for orders (tickets included) but i doubt that will ever happen.

I would assume they would say they are charging you for the packaging, but no way that bubble wrap stuff is that expensive.

Mersh
11-26-2006, 06:06 PM

and I get that ticket shipping is more expensive because it comes FedEx, but the other fees are ridiculous considering you pay $35 at the beginning of the year.

goldenmonkey
11-26-2006, 06:06 PM
you should and let us know what happens. the least they should do is update their shipping page so it is not full of lies.

i mean, the shipping page kinda tells the truth. they say for first class it's 7-10 business days. well, if they shipped it first class, it'd be like 3. but they apparently don't, the 7-10 days is somewhat accurate...

yeah, and i'm fine with that... i'm used to it. but if they tell me it will go first class, and then in email, say "it was shipped today via first class mail" and i find out 3 weeks later it was't shipped that day, or via first class mail, I get annoyed.

basically, what they are doing, is giving you what you pay for. if you want it that day, you have to pay for express at $13. but before, you could pay for the $5 shipping and still get it pretty quickly, they are now taking extra lengths to make sure that you don't.

whatever, i was just cranky, and wanted to vent somewhere about it. just bad business to me.

goldenmonkey
11-26-2006, 06:08 PM
and I get that ticket shipping is more expensive because it comes FedEx, but the other fees are ridiculous considering you pay $35 at the beginning of the year.
yeah, i rembember back when the warehouse started one of the perks was not paying ticketmaster fees.

it's still somewhat cheaper than ticketmaster, but, $3.50 per ticket and $1.75 per order is a bit more than they need to charge. but, i don't complain about that, i'm happy with my tickets from warehouse.

Mersh
11-26-2006, 06:11 PM
yeah, i rembember back when the warehouse started one of the perks was not paying ticketmaster fees.

it's still somewhat cheaper than ticketmaster, but, $3.50 per ticket and $1.75 per order is a bit more than they need to charge. but, i don't complain about that, i'm happy with my tickets from warehouse.

the nickel and diming on each ticket sucks.

Mersh
11-26-2006, 06:12 PM
whatever, i was just cranky, and wanted to vent somewhere about it. just bad business to me.

I agree, but it seems like some people are still getting it day of or day before with standard and some aren't...weird. I got Trey's latest and Colorado 88 the day before and the day of and I only paid for standard. That is musictoday too.

duane26
11-26-2006, 06:13 PM
I ordered BOWA using standard shipping and it was delivered on the release date, and I live in Arizona. I have also talked to someone who ordered the express shipping and didn't recieve it till days later, it must be the luck of the draw I guess.

Mersh
11-26-2006, 06:13 PM
I ordered BOWA using standard shipping and it was delivered on the release date, and I live in Arizona. I have also talked to someone who ordered the express shipping and didn't recieve it till days later, it must be the luck of the draw I guess.

that is some quality stuff right there.

dsera
11-26-2006, 06:25 PM
I ordered with "standard expedited" and got it the release day. It really is just the luck of the draw. If you do USPS it's not Musictoday. It's the post office. It was also election time and depending on your route for mail delivery that can hold it up just like Christmas season or other holidays can. That's why they say "this is the duration that we consider acceptable for delivery by this method" and told you to call back after that and complain. It's frustrating but if it's a huge deal then you need to order 1/2-day shipping.

As for their rates, yeah, way too much money for shipping. $6.19 is the cheapest shipping option for a women's small tshirt. I know damn well the way it's packaged will cost them something like $2.80 to ship. But most places rape you on shipping online so I don't complain too much about that.

JorgeCavos
11-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Shouldn't have pre-ordered it. Hell, you shouldn't have ordered it at all. Why pay for a CD of songs you already have? For the live CD and Bonus Disc? Why bother? OiNK has saved me so much money it's not even funny...

Mersh
11-26-2006, 06:27 PM
I ordered with "standard expedited" and got it the release day. It really is just the luck of the draw. If you do USPS it's not Musictoday. It's the post office. It was also election time and depending on your route for mail delivery that can hold it up just like Christmas season or other holidays can. That's why they say "this is the duration that we consider acceptable for delivery by this method" and told you to call back after that and complain. It's frustrating but if it's a huge deal then you need to order 1/2-day shipping.

As for their rates, yeah, way too much money for shipping. $6.19 is the cheapest shipping option for a women's small tshirt. I know damn well the way it's packaged will cost them something like $2.80 to ship. But most places rape you on shipping online so I don't complain too much about that.

Once it gets to the USPS it could take a while, but he is saying that they told him it shipped on one date when in actuality it wasn't shipped until days later.

Mersh
11-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Shouldn't have pre-ordered it. Hell, you shouldn't have ordered it at all. Why pay for a CD of songs you already have? For the live CD and Bonus Disc? Why bother? OiNK has saved me so much money it's not even funny...

I think he already addressed this...and what does "don't order it" really add?

Tambourine Man
11-26-2006, 06:28 PM
So they shipped it via what method?

goldenmonkey
11-26-2006, 06:30 PM
why go to the movies? you can download them. why buy a movie, it can be downloaded. why buy CDs at all, they can be downloaded... albiet illegally

because some people like having CDs, and, despite DMB having all the money in the world, like supporting the artist by buying their material.

(and i'm not against downloading cds, i've downloaded plenty. but if i like the artist, i want to the support them, and buy their CD)

goldenmonkey
11-26-2006, 06:30 PM
So they shipped it via what method?
media mail.

dsera
11-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Once it gets to the USPS it could take a while, but he is saying that they told him it shipped on one date when in actuality it wasn't shipped until days later.
Yeah that much is BS. What does it actually say on your status in the store though? They send emails out too early saying it's been shipped, that I have seen, but that ship date in the actual store status, hasn't been wrong.

Tambourine Man
11-26-2006, 06:32 PM
media mail.

dirty bastards, media mail is so dirt cheap

dsera
11-26-2006, 06:34 PM
dirty bastards, media mail is so dirt cheap
And media mail DOES take forever. I bought a stamp that actually says "first class only" on it because when I send out packages sometimes even though the postage is enough to cover first class, they'll toss it into the media mail bin because they know it's "media". Stupid.

goldenmonkey
11-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Yeah that much is BS. What does it actually say on your status in the store though? They send emails out too early saying it's been shipped, that I have seen, but that ship date in the actual store status, hasn't been wrong.
yeah, the date on the postmark was stamped nov 10. they sent an email saying it was shipped nov 3rd, a few hours after they sent an email saying it was processed.

maybe it was just some snag. but i remember getting LT6 a few days late too (just like, later in the week, nothing to complain about).

we'll see for LT7. i don't know why i even preordered it, i could just download it.

Mersh
11-26-2006, 06:36 PM

edit: my mistake

goldenmonkey
11-26-2006, 06:36 PM
And media mail DOES take forever. I bought a stamp that actually says "first class only" on it because when I send out packages sometimes even though the postage is enough to cover first class, they'll toss it into the media mail bin because they know it's "media". Stupid.
i use it for half.com shipping and receiving... sometimes it takes 2 or 3 days, sometimes a week or more. and i'm fine with that, because i'm aware that's what it'll take.

dsera
11-26-2006, 06:37 PM
edit: my mistake
Yeah I got that, that's why I asked what the online store status actually said.

Tambourine Man
11-26-2006, 06:40 PM
I guess the problem that I have with DMB mgmt (that includes this) is that they hold themselves up to absolutely no customer service standards. In that way, they really don't act like a business. They know that we have to come to them for bonus discs, LiveTrax, WH discs, and tickets, so they feel absolutely no sense of urgency in dealing with people nor are they particularly helpful.

dsera
11-26-2006, 06:40 PM
I guess the problem that I have with DMB mgmt (that includes this) is that they hold themselves up to absolutely no customer service standards. In that way, they really don't act like a business. They know that we have to come to them for bonus discs, LiveTrax, WH discs, and tickets, so they feel absolutely no sense of urgency in dealing with people nor are they particularly helpful.
I have to say in their defense, customer service for MOST companies is out the window anymore.

malachite00
11-26-2006, 06:44 PM
yeah, the date on the postmark was stamped nov 10. they sent an email saying it was shipped nov 3rd, a few hours after they sent an email saying it was processed.

maybe it was just some snag. but i remember getting LT6 a few days late too (just like, later in the week, nothing to complain about).

we'll see for LT7. i don't know why i even preordered it, i could just download it.

I had the same thing happen with the BOWA release. I received an email saying it shipped on nov. 4. When I hadn't received anything by the 18th I emailed them, and they were nice enough to say it must be lost and they were sending a second one. Over Thanksgiving a package arrived, but I can't tell if its the first or second shipment because there's no date anywhere on it. It was sent USPS, but nothing indicates whether it was media mail or not. Oh well, at least I finally have it.

I'm in southern Cal, so I'd expect it to take a little longer than the east coast shipments, but this is a little silly.

And for those saying why order a greatest hits that you can get on oink, I decided years ago that I would always buy official releases to make up for all the free stuff I download.

Tambourine Man
11-26-2006, 06:52 PM
I have to say in their defense, customer service for MOST companies is out the window anymore.

And to their discredit, not many companies are a year late in getting something as simple as a WH package out the door.

dsera
11-26-2006, 06:59 PM
And to their discredit, not many companies are a year late in getting something as simple as a WH package out the door.
And to their credit, some other fan clubs don't even offer packages just for being a member, late to get to you or not.

Mersh
11-26-2006, 07:54 PM
And to their credit, some other fan clubs don't even offer packages just for being a member, late to get to you or not.

WH lists it as a perk of joining though.

dsera
11-26-2006, 08:07 PM
WH lists it as a perk of joining though.
I know, I just like to argue. :)

goldenmonkey
11-26-2006, 08:20 PM
i never got one in 2003 i think. the WH5 v3 i never got, whatever year that was...

CvillePong
11-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Doesn't surprise me. I live less than 2 hours from the distribution center for Musictoday and it still takes 8-10 business days for my orders to get here.