PDA

View Full Version : Official NHL Thread

whiteysax
11-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Lots of surprises so far this year with Buffalo owning the league and Anaheim dominating the West. Shanahan's offensive dominance with his new home in NYC. Philly falling to one of the worse in the league.

oh yeah... GO LEAFS GO!!

timg1414
11-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Lots of surprises so far this year with Buffalo owning the league and Anaheim dominating the West. Shanahan's offensive dominance with his new home in NYC. Philly falling to one of the worse in the league.

oh yeah... GO LEAFS GO!!

damn right, buffalo is doing pretty well this year, interesting to see how far they go

whiteysax
11-26-2006, 08:02 PM
damn right, buffalo is doing pretty well this year, interesting to see how far they goi continue to believe they'll come down to a human level sometime soon...but they keep going. Watching the Sabres/Rangers game now...

timg1414
11-26-2006, 08:07 PM
i continue to believe they'll come down to a human level sometime soon...but they keep going. Watching the Sabres/Rangers game now...

I am as well, its a pretty boring game tonight to be honest

whiteysax
11-26-2006, 08:14 PM
I am as well, its a pretty boring game tonight to be honest
powerplay was exciting... but lundqvist depresses me since I'm in a tight race this week in fantasy hockey and my opponent has lundqvist playing.

timg1414
11-26-2006, 09:55 PM
good sabres game tonight, im glad to see them come out with the W

Gary.
11-27-2006, 12:04 AM
what about the fucking new york islanders. ted nolan is a god and yashin and blake are fucking awesome on the same line.

Adrian
11-27-2006, 12:21 AM
what about the fucking new york islanders. ted nolan is a god and yashin and blake are fucking awesome on the same line.

I've seen more islander games than I'd like to, those two play good together....If your goalie DP learns to stay in net & play like a good goalie from night to night they may have something....other than that

LET'S GO RANGERS!!

Gary.
11-27-2006, 12:24 AM
I've seen more islander games than I'd like to, those two play good together....If your goalie DP learns to stay in net & play like a good goalie from night to night they may have something....other than that

LET'S GO RANGERS!!

DP has recently learned to stay in net and he hasn't given up more than a goal in the last stretch of games in each of them. Seems like Teddy has gotten through to him.

The good thing about the Isles/Rags/Devs having good seasons is the tri-state rivalry. One of the best in all of sports.

Witt's hit on Malkin on Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw7wLvhz6oc

Rangers suck.

Adrian
11-27-2006, 12:43 AM
DP has recently learned to stay in net and he hasn't given up more than a goal in the last stretch of games in each of them. Seems like Teddy has gotten through to him.

The good thing about the Isles/Rags/Devs having good seasons is the tri-state rivalry. One of the best in all of sports.

Witt's hit on Malkin on Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw7wLvhz6oc

Rangers suck.

that hit was insane....I saw that sat 6 rows from the ice and watched him go off the ice where they get off and on thats where I sit....that was ridiculous hit

Gary.
11-27-2006, 12:57 AM
that hit was insane....I saw that sat 6 rows from the ice and watched him go off the ice where they get off and on thats where I sit....that was ridiculous hit

You know, I'd respect Crosby, Malkin, and Ovechkin more if they weren't such whiners and dove all the fucking time. These assholes are taking advantage of these new rules and if these fuckers were around during the Old NHL, they'd be in concussions.

Adrian
11-27-2006, 01:00 AM
You know, I'd respect Crosby, Malkin, and Ovechkin more if they weren't such whiners and dove all the fucking time. These assholes are taking advantage of these new rules and if these fuckers were around during the Old NHL, they'd be in concussions.

your right, the one who gets the most respect IMO is Malkin coming over from playing with the Russians and I think he knows and doesn't wine as much as the other two...When I saw Ovechkin last night against the Isles he complained about 5 six times within two periods, and it was over crap....oh and Kolzig should retire, just a thought he sucks

Adrian
11-27-2006, 01:02 AM
good sabres game tonight, im glad to see them come out with the W

lucky as hell with that deflection from Drury....I mean really luck how did he get it right beats me, and Mair got away with a call on Jagr....not to say Jagr doesn't wine about calls but that take down by him should have been called

Gary.
11-27-2006, 01:03 AM
hockey refs suck. make baseball umpires look amazing.

Adrian
11-27-2006, 01:04 AM
hockey refs suck. make baseball umpires look amazing.

:lol

Nitro1515
11-27-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm just thankful the Rangers got a point tonight

whiteysax
11-27-2006, 09:58 PM
i have ZERO respect for Crosby... thinks he's God's gift to hockey... yeah, he's got talent, but he thinks anybody who touches him should be thrown in the box. He may have jump and energy... but he sure does put on a melodramatic show. I love Ovi though... just as much talent and full of modesty. Malkin even more... he doesn't make a big show out of everything.
As for the Islanders... I'm still a bit skeptical about how that whole 15 yr contract with DiPieto is gonna pan out... that's just crazy!

Gary.
11-28-2006, 02:26 PM
without yashin, this team will be tested.

if they succeed, they are for real.

flyersfanatic02
11-28-2006, 05:47 PM
This thread needs a Flyers fan :hi :lonely

Leafs send Tellqvist to Phoenix for Tyson Nash and a 4th
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=186264&hubname=nhl

whiteysax
11-28-2006, 08:50 PM
This thread needs a Flyers fan :hi :lonely

Leafs send Tellqvist to Phoenix for Tyson Nash and a 4th
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=186264&hubname=nhlwas pleased to see this transaction! I saw Tellqvist going the way of Antropov and not developing. Nash should be a good addition... possibly fill the hole Domi left last year.

Your Flyers are in need of some help... although I'm interested to see what Hitch does with Columbus

Gary.
11-29-2006, 12:26 AM
isles will bounce back against philly on thursday. thankfully this eastern conference is mediocre except for the sabres.

whiteysax
11-29-2006, 08:11 AM
well if you gonna bounce back at all, Philly's a good place to start.

My Leafs took a tough loss last nite... not a fun game to watch... although I was pleased to see us pick up Tyson Nash and a draft pick for Tellqvist

flyersfanatic02
11-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Mike Rathje to die in a fire, that is all.

whiteysax
11-30-2006, 07:53 AM
Mike Rathje to die in a fire, that is all.i saw that... not a move you expect a veteran to make... especially since he was brought in for the specific role of being a veteran leader on the blue line...
needless to say... i have Mason in my fantasy league, so I was happy with the win...

whiteysax
11-30-2006, 07:54 AM
My boy Budaj getting the start against Edmonton tonite for Colorado... I'd like to see him take the #1 spot from Theodore

Gary.
12-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Pens are fucking pussies.

Gary.
12-03-2006, 05:30 PM
great, im the only hockey fan here.

isles 2-0 against the blueskirts.

bense27
12-03-2006, 08:16 PM
lets go devils

bense27
12-03-2006, 08:17 PM
I wish Kozlov played like that when he was with the Devils. He was lucky to have 4 goals in a season with them....

cmitch525
12-03-2006, 09:02 PM
What a great day to be an Islanders and Jets Fan. All alone in First place for the Isles wow!!

Gary.
12-03-2006, 09:07 PM
ted nolan is a god.

Gary.
12-03-2006, 09:07 PM
I wish Kozlov played like that when he was with the Devils. He was lucky to have 4 goals in a season with them....

875,000 well spent by Snowjob.

cmitch525
12-04-2006, 08:13 AM
I am still a bit concerned about Dipi in Net though he seems lack Focus at times. At least we have a good backup though.

Gary.
12-04-2006, 12:30 PM
I am still a bit concerned about Dipi in Net though he seems lack Focus at times. At least we have a good backup though.

yeah, dipi is still growing, that is the major upside to him. while he makes some bonehead plays, he has turned in some amazing stops.

i've said it alot: if this team gets a potent offense, they will be very dangerous. their defense is tough and their goalies are some of the best in the eastern conference(look at the numbers on paper). with kozlov maybe coming on and yashin on the horizon, they could have two of the biggest offensive powerhouses in the league if they both live up to their respective potentials.

oh yeah, and satan waking up is a tremendously good thing.

Adrian
12-04-2006, 12:40 PM
I can't believe the score was 7-4....damn it

Gary.
12-04-2006, 12:43 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d198/KPMats10/CAM_0489-1.jpg

This is what first place feels like. Ahhh...

Adrian
12-04-2006, 12:52 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d198/KPMats10/CAM_0489-1.jpg

This is what first place feels like. Ahhh...

as long as you keep the devils out of there I'm happy

cmitch525
12-04-2006, 01:06 PM
He does have a nice Upside and I do like him but, I could not beleive it when he tried to bat the puck out of mid air. I really thought this would be a lost year although I loved Nolan as the coaching choice I really was thinking they would be good in 2 years. Nice suprise.

yeah, dipi is still growing, that is the major upside to him. while he makes some bonehead plays, he has turned in some amazing stops.

i've said it alot: if this team gets a potent offense, they will be very dangerous. their defense is tough and their goalies are some of the best in the eastern conference(look at the numbers on paper). with kozlov maybe coming on and yashin on the horizon, they could have two of the biggest offensive powerhouses in the league if they both live up to their respective potentials.

oh yeah, and satan waking up is a tremendously good thing.

Gary.
12-04-2006, 01:06 PM
as long as you keep the devils out of there I'm happy

they won't be that hard to handle for the Islanders. The Isles seem to spank the Devils every time they play, so it should be good.

the rangers will fade because renney only has shanny and jagr as viable scorers and he runs them on the ice too often; the team will get tired very quickly. the pens are young and dont have that good of veteran leadership. the flyers could make a comeback if they get healthy...

Adrian
12-04-2006, 01:40 PM
they won't be that hard to handle for the Islanders. The Isles seem to spank the Devils every time they play, so it should be good.

the rangers will fade because renney only has shanny and jagr as viable scorers and he runs them on the ice too often; the team will get tired very quickly. the pens are young and dont have that good of veteran leadership. the flyers could make a comeback if they get healthy...

agreed, which is why I was pist off about loosing Sykora in the offseason, they should have kept him as another scorer. They need to trade and find someone else to help them out. As for Pens yes they are young, though who knows next year if they mesh together and really get things going. Philly's a joke I will hate them more then the Isles any day, still they rely on Gagne, Forsberg, and Nedved is getting way to old again to be playing he was good and now hes eh, ok....

Gary.
12-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Trent Hunter out 2-4 weeks with a sprained knee.

Shouldn't hurt us that bad.

Eklund is reporting that the Islanders have an interest in Peter Bondra and Jason Allison.

Dump York and Zhitnik's salary and we have a winner...

cmitch525
12-06-2006, 07:37 AM
I would love to take a chance on Jason Allison PLease not Bondra though he is like 50 years old

killymagee
01-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Whitey, I'm glad you made athread over here.

Take a look for me on tv at the Leafs game tonight!

whiteysax
01-28-2007, 12:35 PM
It would appear that Robert Randolph and the Family Band is the NHL's artist of the month!
http://fans.nhl.com/5A-home/28061

whiteysax
01-28-2007, 12:38 PM
What are everybody's thoughts on the new style jersey's the teams will be wearing next year?

tokked13
01-29-2007, 01:19 AM
What are everybody's thoughts on the new style jersey's the teams will be wearing next year?

They are awful! It's just one more step in the wrong direction for the NHL. It is bad enough that I have to watch some stupid bitches clean the good damn ice in between tv timeouts.

cfrancis
01-31-2007, 03:59 PM
Let's Go Oilers!

JWood
12-19-2010, 10:32 PM
went to the Hawks/Kings game tonight, sat 1st row behind the glass of Hawks goal 2/3 periods :rawk

Mitch
10-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Big news here: Islanders are leaving Nassau Coliseum for the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

I have mixed emotions. The Coliseum is a fucking dump, so Barclays is an obvious upgrade. But it's further away. Should be interesting. Will have the smallest capacity for hockey out of all NHL arenas.

drummerkrf
10-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Big news here: Islanders are leaving Nassau Coliseum for the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

I have mixed emotions. The Coliseum is a fucking dump, so Barclays is an obvious upgrade. But it's further away. Should be interesting. Will have the smallest capacity for hockey out of all NHL arenas.

Having only recently gotten big into NHL Hockey, I've heard that Nassau was the possibly the worst sports venue in the country, so I take it thats a welcoming change? They going to implode it now or leave it as a relic until they decide what to do?

On another note: As mentioned above, I just last season got REALLY into Stars Hockey down here. Was able to go to the Stars/Pens Shootout game last year and it was probably the most exciting sporting event I've ever been to. I've always known the general rules (icing, offsides, etc.) but until then it was more of an afterthought. Big initiative in these parts trying to get the city back on board with the Stars (hence the signing of Jaromir Jagr). Good young talent here, things are looking up. Really bummed about this 3rd lockout under Gary Bettman tenure though.

Mitch
10-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Having only recently gotten big into NHL Hockey, I've heard that Nassau was the possibly the worst sports venue in the country, so I take it thats a welcoming change? They going to implode it now or leave it as a relic until they decide what to do?

I don't know what to add beyond what you already quoted:

The Coliseum is a fucking dump, so Barclays is an obvious upgrade.

But yes, that aspect is a very welcome change. Not sure exactly what they'll do with the old barn, I'm sure we'll hear more in the coming days, but I"m sure they'll keep it around to host Sesame Street on Ice and shit like that.

drummerkrf
10-24-2012, 10:55 AM
but I"m sure they'll keep it around to host Sesame Street on Ice and shit like that.

Ah yes. I forget about the obligatory _____ on Ice events. They kept Reuinion Arena around for a couple years after the AAC came around specifically for those kinds of things. Interesting.

ThememanXX
10-24-2012, 11:24 AM
they'll keep it around to host Sesame Street on Ice and shit like that.

http://www.proskaters.org/foundation/photos/Ice_Capades_poster_1980.jpg

Ogilthorpe fucked her, ya know....

drummerkrf
10-24-2012, 12:13 PM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1071615/oops.gif

drummerkrf
11-01-2012, 03:35 PM
For those that are clamouring for Hockey-like excitement during this lockout, consider this:

The PASL, or Professional Arena Soccer League, is about to start their season. Indoor Soccer has long been popular in Dallas, but the area team, the Dallas Sidekicks, and the league they represented was disbanded somewhere around 2004.

Now they're back, and if you HAVEN'T seen indoor soccer, its pretty damn entertaining. It plays more like hockey than actual soccer. 5-man lines being changed during play, 2:00 penalties and subsequent power plays, etc. Very fast-paced.

Just thought I'd give a shout out to the sport and try to get some people on board with it. Its a cheap ticket and its the closest thing out there to professional hockey outside of the KHL.

Here's a list of all the teams, some new, some returning to form (http://proarenasoccerleague.pointstreaksites.com/view/proarenasoccerleague/teams-79)

dmb6743
11-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Yea I don't know what I'm going to do with myself after football is over. It's gonna be a long winter if they don't get this thing figured out soon (and by the looks of it, they won't). It's such a shame that the league had so much momentum going for it and they killed it.

drummerkrf
11-02-2012, 12:34 PM
NHL to cancel the Winter Classic - the de facto kickoff to the shortened season

ThememanXX
11-02-2012, 01:40 PM
For those that are clamouring for Hockey-like excitement during this lockout, consider this:

The PASL, or Professional Arena Soccer League, is about to start their season. Indoor Soccer has long been popular in Dallas, but the area team, the Dallas Sidekicks, and the league they represented was disbanded somewhere around 2004.

Now they're back, and if you HAVEN'T seen indoor soccer, its pretty damn entertaining. It plays more like hockey than actual soccer. 5-man lines being changed during play, 2:00 penalties and subsequent power plays, etc. Very fast-paced.

Just thought I'd give a shout out to the sport and try to get some people on board with it. Its a cheap ticket and its the closest thing out there to professional hockey outside of the KHL.

Here's a list of all the teams, some new, some returning to form (http://proarenasoccerleague.pointstreaksites.com/view/proarenasoccerleague/teams-79)

Did you just compare any form of hockey to pro indoor soccer? Jesus, this shit is getting bad. Your credibility here, to me, is now at a -15% Ugh, I feel dumber for having read that.

ThememanXX
11-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Yea I don't know what I'm going to do with myself after football is over. It's gonna be a long winter if they don't get this thing figured out soon (and by the looks of it, they won't). It's such a shame that the league had so much momentum going for it and they killed it.

Spring training games start around 2/23 this year.

drummerkrf
11-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Did you just compare any form of hockey to pro indoor soccer? Jesus, this shit is getting bad. Your credibility here, to me, is now at a -15% Ugh, I feel dumber for having read that.

:lol well at least I can give you something to fire off on.

sdaltons
01-06-2013, 07:22 AM
:rawk:hump:banana

drummerkrf
01-06-2013, 10:46 AM
:rawk:hump:banana

Fuck yah! Hockey is back!

So are you pissed off as a diehard or are you excited that they salvaged somewhat if a season?

fortyone
01-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Really pumped. Shitty situation but once the puck drops, I'll be ecstatic that my favorite sport is back.

drummerkrf
01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Same here, I'm pumped to get a chance to see a legend like Jagr play on a nightly basis here in Dallas, even though its more of a mentor role.

dmb6743
01-06-2013, 01:47 PM
It sucked that there wasn't hockey for a while, but fuck if I'm not super excited for the season to start!

NiCK Crush
01-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Not much of a hockey fan myself, but glad you guys got it back.

K270
01-06-2013, 02:17 PM
So, it'll be a 43 game season?

dmb6743
01-06-2013, 02:45 PM
So, it'll be a 43 game season?

I think 48 if it starts on the 18th and 50 if starts on the 19th (those days could be a day or two off, but those are the numbers I heard)

fortyone
01-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Very likely 48. Jan. 19 would be all 'rivalry' games. I know Bruins are traveling to Montreal, Pittsburgh to Philly (or vice versa).

dmb6743
01-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Also heard Winnipeg and Columbus could be switching conferences just for this season (at least until realignment happens, if it does).

sdaltons
01-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Also heard Winnipeg and Columbus could be switching conferences just for this season (at least until realignment happens, if it does).
that's off the table

sdaltons
01-07-2013, 07:52 AM

So are you pissed off as a diehard or are you excited that they salvaged somewhat if a season?
i'd love to say i'm pissed off and screw them and i'm keeping my money and all that stuff, i really truly would, but that just isn't me. i love hockey and i will come back just like i did last time, which will contribute to making them think they can do this to us again in 10 years.

ThememanXX
01-07-2013, 08:45 AM
I'll watch on TV and follow like a hawk, but I won't spend a dime on tickets, merch, etc, etc unless I see the NHL as a whole really try to "make it up" to fans in the next week.....

Majew10
01-07-2013, 08:58 AM
pumped for some Flyers hockey.

drummerkrf
01-07-2013, 10:04 AM
which will contribute to making them think they can do this to us again in 10 years.

sdaltons
01-07-2013, 10:36 AM
I'll watch on TV and follow like a hawk, but I won't spend a dime on tickets, merch, etc, etc unless I see the NHL as a whole really try to "make it up" to fans in the next week.....
i'm sure each and every member of the NHL and the NHLPA will feel that in their wallets hard

i'll be looking for Sidney Crosby on the corner as a homeless guy looking for donations in a few weeks

ThememanXX
01-07-2013, 11:05 AM
i'm sure each and every member of the NHL and the NHLPA will feel that in their wallets hard

i'll be looking for Sidney Crosby on the corner as a homeless guy looking for donations in a few weeks

I appreciate the sarcasm, but all it takes is for a percentage of fans to do the same, and the owners certainly will feel it.

TheSniper26
01-07-2013, 11:13 AM

I'll never understand this point of view. Make what up? It's not like the NHL was preventing people from carrying on with their lives during the lockout. If you like the product the NHL puts out there, then follow it when it's back. If you don't, then don't. You're free to walk away from it whenever you like. But it doesn't go beyond that. The NHL isn't responsible for the impact the lockout has on the lives of the fans. That's the fans' choice.

Would it be a nice gesture to offer the fans something? Sure. But they're not obligated to and the fans aren't owed anything. And this is coming from a diehard fan who loves hockey way more than every other sport.

ThememanXX
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Would it be a nice gesture to offer the fans something? Sure. But they're not obligated to and the fans aren't owed anything.

Never said they were obligated to. It would be a nice gesture if they did, yes. Just said they won't get my money with ticket/parking/concession/merchandise purchases this season unless they offer some sort of incentive. I'm content with sitting home and watching on TV. I planned on roadtripping to Pittsburgh this spring, not anymore.

TheSniper26
01-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Never said they were obligated to. It would be a nice gesture if they did, yes. Just said they won't get my money with ticket/parking/concession/merchandise purchases this season unless they offer some sort of incentive. I'm content with sitting home and watching on TV. I planned on roadtripping to Pittsburgh this spring, not anymore.

Fair enough. I get the feeling that a lot of fans want free stuff(not saying you're one). Center Ice, merchandise, ticket discounts, etc. That just seems so ridiculous to me. If your favorite band breaks up, do you get free albums? If your favorite show gets cancelled, do you get free blu-rays or months free cable? I just hate that mentality. At some point, you have to take responsibility for how much you've chosen to invest yourself in a product.

mario
01-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Wrong analogies.

Its more like when a restaurant screws up your order so they give you a free desert.

There are hundreds of thousands of NHL season ticket holders who were forced to leave deposits last April for tickets that were arbitrarily cancelled, and now are going to have about 8 days notice to show up at the first game or eat the money.

TheSniper26
01-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Wrong analogies.

Its more like when a restaurant screws up your order so they give you a free desert.

There are hundreds of thousands of NHL season ticket holders who were forced to leave deposits last April for tickets that were arbitrarily cancelled, and now are going to have about 8 days notice to show up at the first game or eat the money.

Eh, fans have known for quite some time(well the ones that paid even a modest amount of attention) that the lockout was looming this year. So it's hard to have too much sympathy in that regard. The choice to buy season tickets was a gamble that things would be settled before the start of the year. That gamble didn't pay off. Though I do see your point.

ThememanXX
01-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Fair enough. I get the feeling that a lot of fans want free stuff(not saying you're one). Center Ice, merchandise, ticket discounts, etc. That just seems so ridiculous to me. If your favorite band breaks up, do you get free albums? If your favorite show gets cancelled, do you get free blu-rays or months free cable? I just hate that mentality. At some point, you have to take responsibility for how much you've chosen to invest yourself in a product.

I don't even want free stuff, per-se....but I'd like to see them do something....anything, to show their appreciation for what they have after greed has crippled the league. Hell, even the teams sparking a few community charity initiatives would be good, in my mind.

sdaltons
01-07-2013, 12:27 PM
I appreciate the sarcasm, but all it takes is for a percentage of fans to do the same, and the owners certainly will feel it.
but do you really think that percentage will be there? i'd love to do some sort of protest before the first game, but then i'd also like to go to the first game, so forget it.

ThememanXX
01-07-2013, 12:30 PM
but do you really think that percentage will be there? i'd love to do some sort of protest before the first game, but then i'd also like to go to the first game, so forget it.

I doubt that percentage will be there, but I'd rather personally play my part than not. I'll support the local minor league teams and such. That said, if the league comes out with an amazing PR blitz, maybe I'll change my mind.

mario
01-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Eh, fans have known for quite some time(well the ones that paid even a modest amount of attention) that the lockout was looming this year. So it's hard to have too much sympathy in that regard. The choice to buy season tickets was a gamble that things would be settled before the start of the year. That gamble didn't pay off. Though I do see your point.
They didn't have the "choice" really. They would lose their seats if they didn't pay by April. If you didn't put the deposit down last April, then waited until Sunday to sign up for a plan, you can't just get your seats back, if you can get seats at all.

TheSniper26
01-07-2013, 01:11 PM
They didn't have the "choice" really. They would lose their seats if they didn't pay by April. If you didn't put the deposit down last April, then waited until Sunday to sign up for a plan, you can't just get your seats back, if you can get seats at all.

Right, but isn't that still a risk you choose to take? Lose your seats and keep your money or keep your seats and run the risk of a shortened or cancelled season. That's a choice. A lousy one to have to make, for sure. But still a choice. We all knew this lockout was coming. You can't put money down on an event that you know might not happen and get angry when it doesn't. For the record, I was a season ticket holder but decided to not renew them. Not only because of the lockout, but also because my job doesn't allow me much flexibility anymore. The impending lockout definitely made the choice easy for me though.

But like I said, I do see your point and I agree that the decent thing to do would be to compensate season ticket holders in some way. My post earlier was talking more about the people(and there are many) who seem to think they should be compensated simply because the the lockout was hard on the fans. I think that's ridiculous. We all choose our own level of investment in these things.

roshea999
01-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Any word on schedules for the season? I want to catch the Hawks in St. Louis.

sdaltons
01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
I doubt that percentage will be there, but I'd rather personally play my part than not. I'll support the local minor league teams and such. That said, if the league comes out with an amazing PR blitz, maybe I'll change my mind.
i had two ideas:

1. either get as many fans as possible to show up a couple hours before the game with signs (and shirts?) and actually picket outside the arenas (but i'd still want to go in for the actual game lol)

2. i liked the idea of trying to get EVERYONE to stay outside for the first 10 or 15 minutes. make the teams go through their opening ceremonies and drop the puck with LITERALLY no one in the building.

obviously the #1 problem is getting any kind of support for this, so i guess i'll just forget it and move on.

Caveat Emperor
01-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Wrong analogies.

Yup.

The NHL isn't on the radar of most professional sports fans, and it spent the last few months aggrevating the small percentage of the population (at least here in the United States) that follows the sport closely and spends money on the product.

They don't owe anyone anything, but it's simply good business sense to try and rebuild any lost goodwill among the paying public and/or use this as an opportunity to win some new fans into the fold.

mario
01-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Does that overrated Russian dude from the Caps have a team yet? Not Ovechkin, the one who only shows up to 30 games a year.

TheSniper26
01-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Hurricanes I think.

ThememanXX
01-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Hurricanes I think.

Yup, he signed a 1 year deal for something absurd like 7M.

ThememanXX
01-07-2013, 03:07 PM
obviously the #1 problem is getting any kind of support for this, so i guess i'll just forget it and move on.

Yeah, people who paid out the ass for tickets to the opener in places like NYC, TOR, MTL and WPG are obviously going to not care.....but good places for this to even semi work is with the Florida Panthers, Dallas Stars, Phoenix, Columbus, etc.

mario
01-07-2013, 03:21 PM
So now I just read that you can't ditch players in the AHL and take them off the cap?

Wade Redden rides again!

ThememanXX
01-07-2013, 03:30 PM
So now I just read that you can't ditch players in the AHL and take them off the cap?

Wade Redden rides again!

That'd be fine....but I think they're going to have 2 amnesty buyouts for non LTIR players. So the Flyers can dump Bryzgalov's contract, but not Prongers, if they wanted to.

mario
01-07-2013, 04:23 PM
They're not going to have buyouts until after this season, though. Thats why Redden will be on the roster for the 48 games before being bought out. Same for Matt Walker in Philly and a couple others.

And why would the Flyers buyout Pronger? If anything, they'll trade him to a team that can't reach the floor for a third round draft pick.

The only real question is whether bought out players can return to the same team or not.

Either way, expect Ville Leino to sign with the Flyers this summer. We have a mutual acquaintance who says he misses Philly like hell, calls here all the team, and while he doesn't regret taking the money, would love to come back to Phillly. Not earth-shattering news, but he doesn't enjoy living in Buffalo at all.

dmb6743
01-07-2013, 05:06 PM
.....but good places for this to even semi work is with the Florida Panthers, Dallas Stars, Phoenix, Columbus, etc.

Fans show up to their games in the first place?

ThememanXX
01-07-2013, 05:15 PM

Those that do would be a pretty good display to ownership that this shit isn't cool.

drummerkrf
01-08-2013, 07:04 AM

Those that do would be a pretty good display to ownership that this shit isn't cool.

:hi

The whole picketing idea would be perfect in Dallas, the whole AAC plaza hosts a myriad of sports bars and hopping places to hang back at until well after the game is underway.

ThememanXX
01-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib
Pretty much anything anybody was told before Sunday about #NHL sked is now out the window. Ratification process making it nightmarish.

Mitch
01-08-2013, 03:01 PM
This abbreviated schedule is gonna be really unkind to the Islanders... I think they are going to play the Rangers, Devils, Flyers and Pens 7 games a piece. That's over 50% of their schedule. Yikes :lol

dmb6743
01-08-2013, 10:18 PM
This abbreviated schedule is gonna be really unkind to the Islanders... I think they are going to play the Rangers, Devils, Flyers and Pens 7 games a piece. That's over 50% of their schedule. Yikes :lol

Yea, the Atlantic is going to be one helluva battle.

.Gary.
01-09-2013, 09:29 AM

We will surprise people.

mario
01-09-2013, 11:48 AM
We will surprise people...
By being even worse than expected.

drummerkrf
01-09-2013, 11:53 AM
At least they'll have a new home soon... Barclays

mario
01-09-2013, 12:09 PM
At least they'll have a new home soon... Barclays
DiPietro went to check it out. And got tetanus when he touched the exterior. He's out indefinitely.

drummerkrf
01-09-2013, 12:16 PM
DiPietro went to check it out. And got tetanus when he touched the exterior. He's out indefinitely.

How has Nassau not imploded on itself already?

Here's a little something to get your Islanders weenies to jump.... Its the least I can do.

http://procheerleaderblog.com/blog/images/2008/Nov/dinaislanders1.jpg

ThememanXX
01-09-2013, 01:48 PM
http://www.961kiss.com/pages/freakshowpage2.html?article=10684746

Holy shit, Tampa offering "season" tickets for $200 today only. :upyours

.Gary.
01-09-2013, 01:52 PM
http://www.961kiss.com/pages/freakshowpage2.html?article=10684746

Holy shit, Tampa offering "season" tickets for $200 today only. :upyours

That's awesome.

sdaltons
01-09-2013, 02:21 PM
so the Leafs just up and fired Brian Burke. there's something fishy about this.

The Godfather
01-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Any word on NHL gamecenter for this season?

dmb6743
01-09-2013, 09:09 PM
The thing I'm most excited for about again is the Pierre Mcguire Drinking Game:

DRINK ONE GULP OF YOUR DRINK IF PIERRE USES ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
* Dion Phaneuf
* Mike Richards
* Carey Price
* Jonathen Toews
* Monster
* Whaaamo!
* El- Kabong
* Real Deal
* Puck Poise
* Big Body Presence
* Active Stick
* Calls a Player "Special" or " a fine young man"
* Wow!
* Tenacity

DRINK TWO GULPS OF YOUR DRINK IF PIERRE:

* Giggles at any point during the game(this just made me burst out ****ing laughing for no reason.)
* Pronounces a European club team using European Pronounciation
* Mentions people he met in Europe
* Says " Team 'X' Scouting staff did a great job finding this player"
* Says Something extremeley gay (EX. Big Stick...SHOWERS....player with shirt off)
* Goes nuts when a team, has two many men
* WJC host city is "Beautiful" or "Filled with great people"
* If a stick breaks and Pierre rambles on about one-piece sticks
* Says welcome to the Show (Ex. Welcome to the Crosby Show)
* Cuts off Gord Miller (Ex. WJC 2009 Eberle ties the game)
* If pierre says "Time and Space"
* If Pierre goes on about a players Junior Career
* If Pierre says "Its Hammer Time"
* Says "Sheer Larcany"

HAVE 3 GULPS OF YOUR DRINK IF PIERRE:

* Mentions a Staal brother who isn't playing
* Mentions a Sutter brother who isn't involved in the game
* Says the Game is a Classic!
* says " Team X should be so exicted about havng this guy he is gonna be great for them down the road".
* If Pierre says "Roof Daddy"
* If Pierre goes " Thats a Double Dion"
* Pierre uses his famous line "He suckin' dirty pond water"
* "x" player is oozing with hockey sense."
* drink if pierre uses 3 or more adjectives consecutively to describe a player or a team... Ie: "Size, athleticism, composure etc..." extra drinks if he uses terms such as "big body presence" that are already on the chart as said adjectives.

CHUG A BEER IF PIERRE:

* Has an Orgasm at the mic (Ex. Dustin Tokarski save WJC 2009)
* If Pierre ruins the moment aka butchers the call (Ex. WJC 2009 Eberle ties the game with 5.5 seconds left.... Gord Miller: Can you Believe it!..Pierre: I can!
* Says " Thats vintage X" (Ex. Thats Vintage Jake Allen)

sdaltons
01-09-2013, 09:59 PM
I thought that was dumb until the last one used Jake Allen as an example. That's pretty random lol

fortyone
01-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Jan. 19 games so far:

New York Rangers at Boston
Toronto at Montreal
Ottawa at Winnipeg
Pittsburgh at Philadelphia
Detroit at St. Louis
Chicago at Los Angeles
Columbus at Nashville
Colorado at Minnesota
Florida at Washington

Believe all of these are confirmed.

dmb6743
01-09-2013, 10:18 PM
I thought that was dumb until the last one used Jake Allen as an example. That's pretty random lol

:lol I can't stand Pierre at all. He's the worst.

Pittsburgh at Philadelphia

Game on.

ThememanXX
01-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Just bought tickets to Pittsburgh @ the Florida Panthers on 4/13 in Sunrise. :rawk

drummerkrf
01-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Just bought tickets to Pittsburgh @ the Florida Panthers on 4/13 in Sunrise. :rawk

Its always a treat when the beasts from up north come down south. Got to see the Stars push the Penguins to a shootout last year only to inevitably lose... But damn... talk about exciting. Didn't sit the whole time.

ThememanXX
01-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I'll be in FL to see the Marlins, and it's just a bonus that the Pens just so happen to play the Panthers the same weekend.

mario
01-14-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm just sad that the Wade has crashed ashore...

But its hilarious that the only two players in the league told to stay home so they can be bought out were both signed by Sather.

mario
01-16-2013, 10:24 AM
The Wade has new hope!

dmb6743
01-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Go hockey.

drummerkrf
01-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Holy shit, guess Jagr still has some gas left in the tank... 2 goals and 2 assists, accounting for all 4 goals. Go Stars! This thing could get interesting this year.

TheSniper26
01-20-2013, 02:23 PM
He'll be a valuable asset, but as Flyers fans found out last season, he fades a bit down the stretch. But this might be the ideal season to have him considering the shortened schedule.

drummerkrf
01-20-2013, 06:07 PM
He'll be a valuable asset, but as Flyers fans found out last season, he fades a bit down the stretch. But this might be the ideal season to have him considering the shortened schedule.

Valid point on both accounts...

Opinions on first-weekend NHL storylines....?

That hit on Hossa was MASSIVE, and worthy of an 8 game suspension I suppose.

drummerkrf
01-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Loving me some Stars v Blackhawks right now.

Majew10
01-24-2013, 10:40 PM
Flyers finally won one. Hell of penalty kill on that 5 on 3.

dmb6743
01-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Hartnell's a big loss for you guys tho.

Majew10
01-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Hartnell's a big loss for you guys tho.

ya but the Flyers always find a way to get through it. They haven't beaten the Rangers in 2 years so hopefully they get a nice confidence boost.

drummerkrf
02-13-2013, 06:53 PM
By far the craziest goal of the year

S3grU0kFZDY

dmb6743
02-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Yea, that was pretty crazy. I was at the Avs game against the Coyotes on Monday where this happened:

spqSbyhzphQ

drummerkrf
02-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Yah, that Shane Doan is pretty much a badass.

dmb6743
02-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Haha, that's reffing 101, get the hell out of the way of the puck.

dmb6743
02-13-2013, 10:43 PM
Scary stuff here:

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/latest/1/0/864712/clip/0

Karlsson out 4-6 months with an achilles heel tear and needs surgery. Also if you think Cooke did that on purpose you're a moron.

drummerkrf
02-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Can Vancouver finally knock off the 'Hawks tomorrow night?

If not, then I don't see them potentially losing their first until they go to St. Louis at the end of the month. This is getting ridiculous.

Majew10
02-18-2013, 09:05 PM
My wife bought me Flyers/Pens tickets for the March 7th game for my birthday. Will be center ice 2 rows behind the Flyers bench. :rawk

drummerkrf
02-24-2013, 10:39 AM
I hate Joe Thornton. Just a goon targeting the beat players on the other team. But... I guess the game needs those kind.

Good to see Jamie Benn answer with the game sealing wrister last night.

JustinC
05-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Nothing better than seeing montreal think they have the series tied up only to blow it in 4 minutes and go down 3-1. Well only thing better would be the Bruins doing it to them.

Especially after they "montreal typical'd" it and cried after the last game

Mitch
05-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Go Isles!

Tavares is such a stud

JustinC
05-08-2013, 02:29 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2zqvfpe.jpg

JustinC
05-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Looks like it could be a bad week for Elisha Cuthbert

Happy Endings could be cancelled and the Maple Leafs might be going out in 5 games (she dates one of the players)

HrxBPs0yBaw

dmb726525
05-09-2013, 08:52 AM
http://imgius.com/photos/20130509136808541567205.gif

FiddySpence
05-09-2013, 11:03 AM

MaLaKaS
05-09-2013, 01:12 PM
http://imgius.com/photos/20130509136808541567205.gif

:lol this is just awesome. Lets go Rangers!

MaLaKaS
05-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Woo! Rangers are killing it!

fortyone
05-14-2013, 12:18 AM
Bruins!

Jack
05-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Bruins!

So crazy last night. Never has such a swing of emotions in a sporting event that I can remember.

drummerkrf
05-14-2013, 09:31 AM
So crazy last night. Never has such a swing of emotions in a sporting event that I can remember.

(Rangers [baseball] WS Game 6)

That was an AWESOME night of game 7s.

And this is just the first round.....

I can't believe Ovechkin is crying conspiracy....

ThememanXX
05-14-2013, 10:13 AM

:wtf

drummerkrf
05-14-2013, 10:27 AM
:wtf

...seriously... (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1638858-capitals-alex-ovechkin-questions-refs-nhl-after-game-7-loss-to-rangers)

sdaltons
05-14-2013, 02:51 PM
(Rangers [baseball] WS Game 6)

That was an AWESOME night of game 7s.

And this is just the first round.....

rangers WS game 6 is probably my fondest sports memory of all time

drummerkrf
05-14-2013, 04:13 PM
rangers WS game 6 is probably my fondest sports memory of all time

Well I'm glad my team could oblige.

sean52692
06-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Hawks win the Cup! You're always off the wagon when you're on the BANDWAGON!

Bruins fans drown their Stanley Cup sorrows in porn

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1681083/pmaHEkk.jpg
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/6/26/4467282/boston-bruins-stanley-cup-loss-porn-makes-everything-better

sdaltons
06-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Dear Vincent Lecavalier,

please sign with the St. Louis Blues.

regards,
sdaltons

drummerkrf
10-01-2013, 07:52 AM

Its weird seeing this post of mine from January when coming in here to say the same thing for another season in the same calender year.

That being said.... Let's get this shit started.

sdaltons
10-01-2013, 09:22 AM
can't wait for the games to begin

JWood
10-01-2013, 09:42 AM
can't wait for the games to begin

Oh yeah?

You can't wait to see that banner raised in Chicago tonight???

sdaltons
10-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Oh yeah?

You can't wait to see that banner raised in Chicago tonight???
yep and can't wait for the Hawks to win their first 22 or whatever games again like last year!

drummerkrf
10-01-2013, 11:19 AM
I can't wait to see the Stars try not to suck with their new guys... :lol

sdaltons
10-01-2013, 02:10 PM
I can't wait to see the Stars try not to suck with their new guys... :lol
eklund says the Stars are going to finish ahead of the Blues, so i'd say its safe to write this season off for Dallas.

trippinbillyrmc
10-01-2013, 10:08 PM
good start for my leafs!

trippinbillyrmc
10-01-2013, 10:11 PM
hope Parros is ok, his mustache will be missed! But seriously, hate seeing that.

drummerkrf
11-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Damn.... The Western conference is strong so far.

Colorado, sitting at the #8 spot currently, at 14-5-0 would be sitting atop the East who currently sports Tampa Bay at the top with a 14-6-0 record....

drummerkrf
12-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Tyler Seguin with a hat trick in the 2nd period alone today.

It's fun watching this young Stars team, whether or not it takes some patience until we reach the post-season again.

dmb6743
12-09-2013, 01:29 AM
It'll be a shame against humanity if Thornton doesn't get a 20+ suspension. That was some Bertuzzi level bullshit. Ugly game all around and I see Neal getting suspended as well.

Jayes
12-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Go Ducks

drummerkrf
12-09-2013, 01:55 PM
It'll be a shame against humanity if Thornton doesn't get a 20+ suspension. That was some Bertuzzi level bullshit. Ugly game all around and I see Neal getting suspended as well.

If I'm not rooting for my Stars I'm all for the Pens being that I have family in the Pitt area... I'm also a fan of Loui Eriksson as he was a long time staple to a bad Stars team...

Looking objectively at the way that played out... The Pens guys are completely to blame for it. Orpik had it coming to him with a headhunter defenseman (Thornton) trying to make things 'right' after that targetting hit on Eriksson that wasn't called. Even tried fighting him, 'legally', per the unwritten rules of the game. Which would of by all accounts made things 'right' as far as the bad blood was concerned.

When shit like that happens, you don't get away with it, and this is why fighting is 'allowed' in the game. Defending your teammates is a HUGE part of the game. Same as getting beaned with a fastball. Orpik kept the target on his back from Thornton by not squaring off with him.

That's not to justify what Thornton did at all... it was a cheap way of giving him his 'comeuppance'.

Also the Neal thing was flat out bullshit as well. (Another ex-Star that I like)

ThememanXX
12-09-2013, 02:01 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7kr9gVznk1qb3l9f.gif

drummerkrf
12-09-2013, 02:05 PM
:lol ^

For those that don't know what's going on (which may or may not include you Thememan :wink)

8VEz9p8-L3s

drummerkrf
03-11-2014, 06:49 AM
Scary moment in Dallas last night.

Rich Peverly collapsed on the bench 6:00 into the game. The league postponed the game shortly after.

Jayes
03-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Scary moment in Dallas last night. Rich Peverly collapsed on the bench 6:00 into the game. The league postponed the game shortly after.

What happened??

ThememanXX
03-11-2014, 10:18 AM
What happened??

He had surgery during the preseason to correct an irregular heartbeat. Issue flared up earlier this week and he missed a game to 'adjust his meds.'

Also, pretty cool, from the NHL Network:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bic9DBICUAElqB1.jpg

Jayes
03-11-2014, 12:04 PM
He had surgery during the preseason to correct an irregular heartbeat. Issue flared up earlier this week and he missed a game to 'adjust his meds.' Also, pretty cool, from the NHL Network:

That is badass :upyours :upyours

drummerkrf
03-11-2014, 12:14 PM
:upyours had to defibrillate too.

When he regained consciousness his first question to Ruff was 'How much time is left in the 1st Period?'

He came off the ice 6:00 into the game when this happened. What a badass.

K270
03-11-2014, 05:17 PM
My local news this morning said Rich was in stable condition in the hospital.

Jayes
03-11-2014, 07:24 PM
He'll be fine, it's his reaction to the circumstances that's fuckin awesome

drummerkrf
03-12-2014, 06:04 AM
And what an effort by his teammates last night as he watches them take an OT victory in against the best team in the league in StL.

:upyours

ThememanXX
03-12-2014, 08:10 AM
It's hard to hate Dallas, despite Jamie Benn being on the team. Really can't stand the way that guy plays (that probably means he's doing his job.)

drummerkrf
03-12-2014, 04:34 PM
:upyours

Really though, he's not even the most exciting player on the team. Alex Chiasson and of course Seguin seem to getting my attention more. It's a fun team to follow, lots of talented youth.

And I don't care if he's old, that Tim Thomas is a badass.

Also, Peverly undergoing season-ending heart surgery.

drummerkrf
04-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Proud of my Stars this morning. First trip back to the Stanley Cup Playoffs since 2008. First year with all the young talent we've amassed. Glad they'll get some experience now for the future.

Go Stars!

MaLaKaS
05-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Let's go Rangers!

sean52692
05-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Hawks are gonna win it again. :lol

MaLaKaS
05-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Hawks are gonna win it again. :lol

Shut your whore mouth!

sean52692
05-15-2014, 09:16 PM
This is still me when it comes to Hawkey, though:

cNn3k1KfOrs

MaLaKaS
05-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Fucking Habs :(

Jayes
05-27-2014, 11:50 PM
Lost interest after the Ducks got knocked out :/

MaLaKaS
05-29-2014, 08:54 PM
1 more period. 1 more period. Let's go Rangers!

Coster
05-30-2014, 01:51 AM
Lost interest after the Ducks got knocked out :/

seriously?

Jayes
05-30-2014, 09:10 AM
seriously?

Yep. Thems mah boys

TheSniper26
05-30-2014, 01:38 PM
seriously?

I'm kind of the same way. I mean, I won't lose complete interest. I'll watch a game if it's on. But once the Pens are out I really couldn't care less what happens. I'm more interested in the draft/free agency than I am about who wins the cup at this point.

dmb6743
05-30-2014, 02:32 PM
I'm more interested in the draft/free agency than I am about who wins the cup at this point.

Especially this offseason.

MaLaKaS
05-30-2014, 06:18 PM
I am so proud of my Rangers. We want the cup!

dmb6743
05-30-2014, 10:42 PM
Nobody will care about the final the way this Kings/Hawks series is going. Holy shit these games are amazing.

sean52692
05-30-2014, 10:42 PM
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nhl/blog/Blackhawks_Parade.jpg

dmb6743
05-30-2014, 10:46 PM
What I meant with that is that these teams are clearly the best in the league, regardless of conference. They are providing insane entertainment from a purely objective standpoint. The Rangers are clearly the far lesser opponent. Kings/Hawks should be the final.

(If that's what you meant by the photo)

sean52692
05-30-2014, 11:20 PM
Not what I meant by the photo - we posted at the same time.

Amazing series. I never doubt the Hawks. Still will be very surprised if they don't win the Cup.

dmb6743
05-31-2014, 01:05 AM
Not what I meant by the photo - we posted at the same time.

Amazing series. I never doubt the Hawks. Still will be very surprised if they don't win the Cup.

Gotcha, yea I don't think the Rangers have much of a chance against either opponent really. I just have to sit here in envy though really.

MaLaKaS
05-31-2014, 02:02 PM
Shut your whore mouths! Go Rangers!

Jayes
05-31-2014, 02:13 PM
Fuck the Kings

K270
05-31-2014, 02:54 PM
Fuck the Kings

Yes, FUCK THE KINGS!!!!

They come back from 3-0 and beat the Sharks.

Jayes
05-31-2014, 03:59 PM
Are you mocking me? :dunno I still dont care for them...

K270
05-31-2014, 04:13 PM
Nope, not mocking you. The Kings beat the Sharks. I stand by my statement.

Jayes
05-31-2014, 04:29 PM
Fuck the kings

Coster
06-01-2014, 01:50 AM
If I knew there were Ducks and Sharks fans on the boards I'd have been gloating here more.

K270
06-01-2014, 02:40 AM
If I knew there were Ducks and Sharks fans on the boards I'd have been gloating here more.

You're probably a Dodger fan to, huh?

soright05
06-01-2014, 07:19 PM
That was quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soright05
06-01-2014, 07:43 PM
What an answer by the kings

Coster
06-01-2014, 11:56 PM
We want the cup!

MaLaKaS
06-02-2014, 06:54 AM
The coastal war now begins

dmb6743
06-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Holy shit if Pierre McGuire becomes the next GM of the Pens I am jumping off a bridge.

MaLaKaS
06-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Fuck...

Coster
06-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Yessssssssss! 2 more to go!

drummerkrf
10-17-2014, 06:13 AM
Time to dust this thing off...

Go Stars! Slow start for my guys but came back to win on Tyler Seguin's goal with :03 left against the Pens IN Pittsburgh.

Very excited about this team this year... love Spezza joining the party.

Mitch
10-17-2014, 07:14 AM
Isles are 4-0 :upyours

drummerkrf
10-17-2014, 07:18 AM
Had anyone ever told you that you root for all the 'wrong' teams in NY? :lol

I find it admirable.

Mitch
10-17-2014, 07:26 AM
:lol Yup. But I'm loyal to all the teams I began rotting for as a young'n.

Jayes
10-17-2014, 08:07 AM
Go Ducks!

MaLaKaS
10-17-2014, 11:36 AM
:lol Yup. But I'm loyal to all the teams I began rotting for as a young'n.

:upyours a true fan

drummerkrf
10-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Your Islanders are going down, Mitch.

Go Stars!

Jayes
10-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Go Ducks

ThememanXX
10-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Go Pens!

mario
03-19-2015, 09:59 PM
Hockey fans just got a whole lot dumber.

http://deadspin.com/matthew-wuest-the-founder-of-capgeek-which-tracked-hoc-1692520605

Matthew Wuest, the founder of CapGeek—which tracked hockey contract details—passed away (http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/1318169/matthew-wuest-metro-halifax-sports-reporter-and-capgeek-founder-dies-of-cancer/) Thursday due to colon cancer.

He belongs in the NHL Hall of Fame.

fortyone
03-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Hockey fans just got a whole lot dumber.

http://deadspin.com/matthew-wuest-the-founder-of-capgeek-which-tracked-hoc-1692520605

He belongs in the NHL Hall of Fame.

Absolutely devastating news. CapGeek was one of the biggest tools/advancements in the game of hockey.

mario
03-20-2015, 01:07 PM
Absolutely devastating news. CapGeek was one of the biggest tools/advancements in the game of hockey.
absolutely. christ, the Hurricanes had a policy of self-reporting deals to capgeek!

Jayes
04-28-2015, 07:59 PM
Really? Nobody in here lately?

soright05
04-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Pens ugh...
Why cant that team win a playoff series?

Jayes
04-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Excited for my Ducks :upyours

MaLaKaS
04-30-2015, 10:01 AM
Pens ugh...
Why cant that team win a playoff series?

Let's Go Rangers!

soright05
04-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Let's Go Rangers!

I hope they win the cup

MaLaKaS
05-10-2015, 12:45 AM
I hope they win the cup

They had a great win last night. Let's hope that they can keep it going.

Jayes
05-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Lookin to see Anaheim eliminate the Flames tonight after Game of Thrones :rawk

Jayes
05-25-2015, 11:13 PM
Anaheim, almost giving it all away, wins :rawk

MaLaKaS
05-26-2015, 03:24 AM
Let's go Rangers!

MaLaKaS
05-29-2015, 04:16 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fe/82/66/fe826609d6c9116066f9b96a39ac8038.jpg

MaLaKaS
05-29-2015, 08:47 PM
What a game so far! So nervous!

Jayes
05-29-2015, 09:21 PM
11:26 left in the 3rd. Just tuned in :popcorn

MaLaKaS
05-29-2015, 09:34 PM
Depression officially kicked in...

Jayes
05-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Havent followed Tampa Bay this year. Or at all really since 2000. Hope the Ducks get to play them in the next round :rawk

MaLaKaS
05-29-2015, 10:11 PM
Fuck Tampa...

trippinbillyrmc
06-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Wow, the Kings are like the Cowboys of the 90's

ThememanXX
06-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Seriously....Florida State, even.

What's the deal with Richards, anyway?

trippinbillyrmc
06-30-2015, 12:17 PM
Seriously....Florida State, even.

What's the deal with Richards, anyway?

Apparently the RCMP (Canadian Police) and the Canada Border Services Agency are involved. Sounds like smuggling but nothing has come out yet. This after Voynov and Stoll.

Works out nicely for the Kings if they can terminate that terrible contract though I don't think the league should let them off that easily.

gweeps
06-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Gordie Howe has died. He was 88.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/gordie-howe-1.3628425

Jayes
06-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Ah shit :/