PDA

View Full Version : The West Wing

FishMonkeyMan
11-26-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm clearing out my tivo from the last week and watching "Take This Sabbath Day", and seeing the first meeting of Joey Lucas and Josh again (josh hungover and wearing rain pants) is such a clear reminder of how brilliant this show was and how much it is missed.

Inviz
11-27-2006, 12:52 AM
I love it and I love the whole series. I am really sad that Season 7 DVD didn't include any kind of retrospective or really any bonus material beyond the debate episode, though.

bbycrei
11-27-2006, 01:41 PM
funniest moment of the show
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6607/516lz1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

bbycrei
11-27-2006, 01:42 PM
I really got into this show in May and been watching it on dvd ever since. Just finished season 5 and starting season 6.

FishMonkeyMan
11-28-2006, 02:42 AM
my 2 favorite shows were retired. blue and WW. i feel empty w/o both.

nypd blue is one of my favorites also, except the rick schroeder yeras, but not so much because of him but because david milch was coked up and the writing was rediculous.

Mersh
11-28-2006, 06:47 AM
funniest moment of the show
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6607/516lz1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

that part was definitely funny.

Mersh
11-28-2006, 06:48 AM
anyone get that massive box set? I own all the season so I didn't, but was just curious if anyone else did.

Mersh
11-28-2006, 06:49 AM
I love it and I love the whole series. I am really sad that Season 7 DVD didn't include any kind of retrospective or really any bonus material beyond the debate episode, though.

I had read that the cast didn't do it because they weren't going to give them enough money.

bsan83
11-28-2006, 09:40 AM
This is a show I really need to sit down and watch through, at least the first few seasons. What random episodes I've caught here and there I've really enjoyed.

bbycrei
11-28-2006, 09:46 AM
anyone get that massive box set? I own all the season so I didn't, but was just curious if anyone else did.

Yah I picked it up. It's a pretty cool little set, with each season in a folder and there is a book w/ all the episode summaries and another w/ the script of the pilot. I reccomend it if you don't have any of the seasons on dvd, its under $30 a season if you buy the set.

zhess88
11-28-2006, 08:52 PM
I just watched this episode. One of my favorites.

FishMonkeyMan
11-28-2006, 09:23 PM
schroeder actually pulled it off way better than i ever imagined.

tuesdays just aren't the same with out sipowicz

shroeder himself wasnt the problem, although his character always annoyed me, the writing in that period is awful.. that 7th season where milch was making up the script on the spot is awful and the episodes barely make any sense. they were having to write lines on their notepads and hands because he had completely fallen apart for a while there.

pgr17
11-28-2006, 10:15 PM
and seeing the first meeting of Joey Lucas and Josh again (josh hungover and wearing rain pants) is such a clear reminder of how brilliant this show was and how much it is missed.

i love that scene... and when josh wakes up in his office.

i agree - i wish this show was still around.

FishMonkeyMan
11-28-2006, 10:37 PM
i love that scene... and when josh wakes up in his office.

i agree - i wish this show was still around.

i dont mind that the show ended with the inauguration, i would have liked to have seen a santos administration but its no big deal, but i wish they hadnt have fucked the shows continuity and skipped an entire year of the bartlett whitehouse. its somewhat cool that the entire last season took place over such a short period of time, but it annoys me that when season 5 ended they were 5 1/2 years in and when season 6 begin and it was the next day, they were 6 1/2 years in.

Inviz
11-28-2006, 10:50 PM
I've always been confused by the timeline. It starts one year into the administration right? Season 2 is Year 3, Season 3 is up through the nominating convention, Season 4 is the re-election and the fourth year, Season 5 is the Year after the election, <year gap> Season 6 is up through the nominating convention in year 7, and season 7 is the last 6 months.

So didn't sorkin mess the timeline up in season 3-4, and then it was again messed up in season 5? It always seemed to be one year-one season

FishMonkeyMan
11-28-2006, 10:53 PM
I've always been confused by the timeline. It starts one year into the administration right? Season 2 is Year 3, Season 3 is up through the nominating convention, Season 4 is the re-election and the fourth year, Season 5 is the Year after the election, <year gap> Season 6 is up through the nominating convention in year 7, and season 7 is the last 6 months.

So didn't sorkin mess the timeline up in season 3-4, and then it was again messed up in season 5? It always seemed to be one year-one season

no, the timeline is perfectly consistent, wtih the election happening mid year season 4, 4 years after the inauguration which happened 6 months prior to season one. the timeline is perfect right up until between seasons 5 and 6 when they skipped a year due to the ratings decline during the first john wells year.

the presidential race does kick off early because that is what really happens. bruno shows up so early because of the MS scandal, they need that year to get his numbers back up.

Inviz
11-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Oh, its only six months in during the Pilot. Its been awhile since I threw that in.

Thanks for correcting me, it all makes sense.

FishMonkeyMan
11-29-2006, 02:24 PM
i wasn't disagreeing with your point at all. i was just giving props to schroeder. when that was first announced...i was like :wtf. but he worked.

he worked as an actor, but his character always annoyed me. they wrote danny to be an idiot with wierd emotional problems that never made sense.