11-30-2006, 12:26 PM
it's season 6
:lol thanks. fixed.

raven
11-30-2006, 12:56 PM
:upyours nbc finally has a good thursday night lineup again

mrchattr
11-30-2006, 01:49 PM
I just got into this show. What do you Scrubs fans think? Do I start watching it this season (after tonight, since the Ravens play opposite it), or do I just start getting the DVDs and playing catch up?

FishMonkeyMan
11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
i already started a scrubs thread

raven
11-30-2006, 02:11 PM
I just got into this show. What do you Scrubs fans think? Do I start watching it this season (after tonight, since the Ravens play opposite it), or do I just start getting the DVDs and playing catch up?
I just started watching the show over the summer and watched the first 5 seasons since then. It probably doesn't make much of a difference if you start watching season 6 now and then catch up on the rest of the seasons later.. there are a few things in the plot that you'd miss but nothing that's not hard to pick up on.

sarge
11-30-2006, 05:21 PM
i already started a scrubs thread:screwy

Koko the Monkey
12-01-2006, 12:05 AM
yea i think u can just start watching season 6, u might miss some small details that relate to previous seasons, but it's not like lost where u have to watch every episode

FishMonkeyMan
12-01-2006, 02:42 AM
i really dug this episode, but there was a very strange vibe. dr. cox longer hair aside, the show actually looked different, as if it was being shot on a different format.. anyone else notice that?

also, the pop rocks thing was hilarious.

GreyStHokie
12-01-2006, 10:39 AM
good episode..

ms. zeebee..ZB, Zach Braff..creative anyway

sarge
12-01-2006, 10:45 AM
i really dug this episode, but there was a very strange vibe. dr. cox longer hair aside, the show actually looked different, as if it was being shot on a different format.. anyone else notice that?

also, the pop rocks thing was hilarious.
i agree. seemed a bit darker and the picture seemed less sharp

FishMonkeyMan
12-03-2006, 07:17 PM
i just watched this episode again, and dr. beard face is by far the best of the gag misc. characters. (i would label that category as people like dr. mickhead, hootch, one armed black security guard). so simple and all punch line, i love it.

FishMonkeyMan
12-04-2006, 01:52 AM
www.ihatedrcox.com :lmao

GreyStHokie
12-07-2006, 10:19 PM
:upyours

FishMonkeyMan
12-08-2006, 02:27 AM
jack is going to be so fucked up

FishMonkeyMan
01-19-2007, 01:38 PM
dont get me wrong, even though this season has been a little off already for my favorite show, and even though i'll agree it was the best done episode of the season last night, the musical episode did nothing for me because i dont like musicals... anyone else really completely dislike last nights episode?

BlueWaterDMB
01-19-2007, 03:39 PM
dont get me wrong, even though this season has been a little off already for my favorite show, and even though i'll agree it was the best done episode of the season last night, the musical episode did nothing for me because i dont like musicals... anyone else really completely dislike last nights episode?

I turned it off after 10 minutes.

bigtrain21
01-19-2007, 09:53 PM

I don't like musicals either but I thought they chose a clever way to work a musical into it. The Dr. Cox and Janitor singing somewhere in the middle of the episode was definitely the highlight. Overall I would have to say I enjoyed it the least of all the shows this season despite the fact that I think they pulled a musical off just about as well as they could possibly do it.

DMBFreakNo41
01-20-2007, 05:10 AM
for all that need to play catch up...

http://www.yourtvlinks.com/scrubs.html

BlueWaterDMB
01-20-2007, 09:42 AM
for all that need to play catch up...

http://www.yourtvlinks.com/scrubs.html

The links on that website no longer work.:rant

shadowraven
01-20-2007, 12:08 PM

I turned it off after 10 minutes.

:wtf

zhess88
01-20-2007, 02:01 PM
I thought the musical was hilarious.

DMBCLSTJ
01-20-2007, 03:13 PM
This show still has some balls. The musical must have taken so long to shoot, all the actors, minus miss chalke, sounded great. One of my favorite epiosdes they wrote in my book, top 10 def.

TJ

DMBFreakNo41
01-20-2007, 04:03 PM
The links on that website no longer work.:rant

aw, bummer...i just watched tons of them like a couple weeks ago so thats pretty recent.

bigtrain21
01-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Best part of the episode here...

Dr. Cox and the Janitor
http://video.nbc.com/v/?linkId=57003

shadowraven
01-20-2007, 05:32 PM
This show still has some balls. The musical must have taken so long to shoot, all the actors, minus miss chalke, sounded great. One of my favorite epiosdes they wrote in my book, top 10 def.

TJ

yeah, but she's so hot it doesn't matter.

sarge
01-21-2007, 06:23 PM
i thought the musical was great as well

GreyStHokie
01-21-2007, 06:55 PM
guy love is a free download in the season 6 section of itunes

sarge
01-22-2007, 12:14 AM
guy love is a free download in the season 6 section of itunes
fucking hilarious

FishMonkeyMan
02-23-2007, 01:58 PM
i have really not loved this season at all, but last nights episode was classic...

turk as a "medical geek" was priceless

flyersfanatic02
02-23-2007, 03:12 PM
i have really not loved this season at all, but last nights episode was classic...

turk as a "medical geek" was priceless

I have to agree with you 100% there. There was a certain feel about last nights episode that reminded me of the first few seasons and was lacking from recent episodes.

FishMonkeyMan
02-23-2007, 03:15 PM
there has been too dark of a tone and feel this season, almost like they are trying to match the office, but last night, i completely agree, felt old school.

GreyStHokie
02-24-2007, 09:48 AM
just watched this last night..good stuff

akleiner34
02-26-2007, 02:45 AM
I was worried that the show was going to become gimmicky but recent episodes have quelled that fear. This weeks flashback episode could be really awesome. And when Turk hit the voiceover with the old piano music in last week's episode I nearly pissed myself laughing.

Ba da da da da da dum. Ba da da da da dum.

bigtrain21
03-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Is anyone watching lately? I think the last 4 or 5 episodes have been great.

JpJ0pdG9spM

FishMonkeyMan
03-20-2007, 10:51 PM
they have been better, but not great... there is still something off with this season.

FishMonkeyMan
03-21-2007, 12:00 AM
i think ive finally put my finger on whats different.. i think there is less ambient background sounds/noise, and i think they are shooting on dv instead of film now.

DMBFreakNo41
03-21-2007, 05:54 AM
Is anyone watching lately? I think the last 4 or 5 episodes have been great.

JpJ0pdG9spM
i laughed so hard at that the other night...Ted's awwww makes it.

schubox
03-21-2007, 10:01 AM
the last few episodes have been great, a return to form

HeelsFan
03-22-2007, 11:11 AM
I agree the last couple of episodes have been better, but still not up to the quality of the first couple of seasons. Really the show started going downhill when it stopped being a medical comedy and became a comedy in a medical setting.

What I mean by this is in the past couple of years, everyone on staff hangs out together. You now have the janitor, the chief of medicine, internal medicine docs, surgeons, and nurses all hanging out at bars and outside of work together. Plus, you have them in situations that aren't reasonable in the medical setting (like all of them spending that much time in Private Dancer's room a couple of episodes back). In the past you had JD, Turk, Carla, and Elliot hanging out outside of the hospital, but no one else.

I really think it has turned into more of a sitcom and that is what has lead to its downfall. It is still great and I'll still watch, but it is nowhere near the peak that was seasons 1-3.

FishMonkeyMan
03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
I agree the last couple of episodes have been better, but still not up to the quality of the first couple of seasons. Really the show started going downhill when it stopped being a medical comedy and became a comedy in a medical setting.

What I mean by this is in the past couple of years, everyone on staff hangs out together. You now have the janitor, the chief of medicine, internal medicine docs, surgeons, and nurses all hanging out at bars and outside of work together. Plus, you have them in situations that aren't reasonable in the medical setting (like all of them spending that much time in Private Dancer's room a couple of episodes back). In the past you had JD, Turk, Carla, and Elliot hanging out outside of the hospital, but no one else.

I really think it has turned into more of a sitcom and that is what has lead to its downfall. It is still great and I'll still watch, but it is nowhere near the peak that was seasons 1-3.

btw, bill lawrence has said that has vision for the show has always been to be a live action version of the simpsons with a large universe of characters and tons of sight gags. the show has been more of his original vision in the last couple years then it was in the beginning.

yeah except that once j.d., elliot, and turk became attendings, they werent finding their way anymore...

the only thing wrong with scrubs this season (aside from a little bad writing, and only a few episodes were actually bad) is the new look and feel of the show.

DMBFreakNo41
03-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Great episode tonight. seems to be a trend as of late.

FishMonkeyMan
03-23-2007, 12:13 AM
this was a strong, funny episode, but its still too dramatic in the way it is shot now and that bugs me... stop trying to make it greys anatomy

thestand
03-23-2007, 07:56 AM
First episode I've missed in a few seasons. Will have to download tonight.

DMBFreakNo41
04-05-2007, 08:56 PM
whew...sad one tonight.

thestand
04-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Good, but sad. I'm glad they didn't end it on a completely down note, and threw in the JD laughing/crying thing, to complete the whole catharsis of the episode. But I'd say best of the season.

Smylie
04-05-2007, 09:17 PM
great episode

FishMonkeyMan
04-06-2007, 12:20 AM
great episode... the head shaving thing with dr. cox, if anyone was wondering why it just happened tonight whereas he was bald 4 weeks ago in the flashback episode (but then had hair in the two following episodes)... according to people i know that work there, the crew was giving him so much shit about his hair he shaved his head (which is basically what he said in the opening of the episode), but then they had to go back and do retakes for that flashback episode and were pretty much fucked, and figured since its a flashback, it doesn't really fall into the continuity of the season so oh well.

DMBFreakNo41
04-13-2007, 12:24 PM
decent one tonight. the JD, Turk, Janitor story was good.

FishMonkeyMan
04-13-2007, 12:42 PM
the season really started to get back on its feet once zach braff renewed his contract for next year and they started making j.d. the narrative lead he always was again. it seemed like they were trying to phase him out of being necessary for the show and it didnt work.