PDA

View Full Version : Is This Autographed Guitar Authentic?

blrobl
11-30-2006, 10:51 PM
if you can get past the serious grammatical errors ... I compared my sigs to the pics and they look good. I am tempted to send an email for the hell of it.

http://denver.craigslist.org/clt/237365168.html

This is an awsome item an acustic guitar signed by dave matthews carter beaufird Leroi Moore Stefan Lousard Boyd tinnsley and butch Taylor- long time keyboardist for dmb and has been touring for the last 6 years wuth them and vaery rare signature of Tim Reynolds who of course regularly is playing with dave and is on many of his tours. This two tone navy blue and blue acusitc guitar is in mint condition and has been signed in silver by all seven. All where obtained in person and a letter of authenticity will be included and guarantees the autographs for life as well as location it was autographed and pictures of dave and others signing. Would be very difficult to get with the band reaching such huge levels of popularity these days for more information or questions please email me at authenticone2000@aol.com or reply to this add

ethaxton
11-30-2006, 10:55 PM
I'd say based on his email address alone it's good to go!!

blrobl
11-30-2006, 10:56 PM
I'd say based on his email address alone it's good to go!!

looking past that as well.

Smittay
11-30-2006, 10:58 PM
well when the fuck did tim tour with dmb last ??

FightTheGoodFight
11-30-2006, 10:59 PM
It's on Craigslist ... what do you think?

seekup422
11-30-2006, 10:59 PM
This is an awsome item an acustic guitar signed by dave matthews carter beaufird Leroi Moore Stefan Lousard Boyd tinnsley and butch Taylor- long time keyboardist for dmb and has been touring for the last 6 years wuth them and vaery rare signature of Tim Reynolds who of course regularly is playing with dave and is on many of his tours. This two tone navy blue and blue acusitc guitar is in mint condition and has been signed in silver by all seven. All where obtained in person and a letter of authenticity will be included and guarantees the autographs for life as well as location it was autographed and pictures of dave and others signing. Would be very difficult to get with the band reaching such huge levels of popularity these days for more information or questions please email me at authenticone2000@aol.com or reply to this add
apparently he can't spell, among other things.

blrobl
11-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Well, I sent an email and included pictures of me and Dave and the autographs I have.
We'll see if the joker responds.

seekup422
11-30-2006, 11:04 PM
I'd like to know what this letter of authenticity is. I hope he got someone else to write that out.

ethaxton
11-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Well, I sent an email and included pictures of me and Dave and the autographs I have.
We'll see if the joker responds.

You should have included a link to the hooked on phonics website in that email as well.

groove merchant
12-01-2006, 12:30 AM
You should have included a link to the hooked on phonics website in that email as well.

:lol:lol

Wescoast
12-01-2006, 12:35 AM
the only music signatures i have are phil lesh and david gray. but i got em in person. id love to get some of the dmb, but its not very easy.

the only way id buy signed stuff is if its an auction for charity. well, i also am going to buy a garcia print that he signed one of these days, but those are crazy expensive for obvious reasons.

EClayton08
12-01-2006, 12:45 AM
am I only one not seeing Daves auto on it?

timh.
12-01-2006, 12:55 AM
am i the only one that doesnt give a shit about having signed things? when i meet someone that i'm a fan of, i'd much rather just shake their hand and tell them that i appreciate their talent

Wescoast
12-01-2006, 01:02 AM
well i collect the memorabilia. i had david gray sign my life in slow motion cover and it looks really nice all framed up. just a cool thing to have.

its like any collection though, if it aint your thing, it aint your thing.

vandamit
12-01-2006, 03:20 AM
carter beaufiird?

Buddy The Elf
12-01-2006, 07:14 AM
def is not the way tim sign things

blrobl
12-01-2006, 08:54 AM
def is not the way tim sign things

Thanks ... I was never considering buying it, just wondering if it was bullshit or not.
And the person has yet to respond to my email.

sarge
12-01-2006, 10:40 AM
look like the guy played the guitar for years, signed it himself, typed up a letter and threw it on craigslist

dsera
12-01-2006, 11:47 AM
am i the only one that doesnt give a shit about having signed things? when i meet someone that i'm a fan of, i'd much rather just shake their hand and tell them that i appreciate their talent
I'm with you there, especially when it's not even signed because I met the person. What do I care if someone else met them and got an autograph?

Guyute
12-01-2006, 12:00 PM
All where obtained in person and a letter of authenticity will be included and guarantees the autographs for life as well as location it was autographed and pictures of dave and others signing.

If he's got pics of them signing it, why not just include them in the pics he posted here?

Jack
12-01-2006, 12:05 PM

Yea, I have no interest in signatures. I'd much rather just shake their hand. And, if anything, I'd take a picture with them.

Per553
12-01-2006, 12:06 PM
the boyd sig looks exactly like boyd's...albeit, it wouldn't be all that hard to scrawl a BD having seen a copy of his signature.

Jack
12-01-2006, 12:08 PM
also, a lot of people do buy these shitty guitars and wait outside the band's hotel to et the guys to sign them just to sell on ebay. There are a lot of authentic ones.

Dave has even made mention of this before. How he hates signing shitty guitars because he knows what the deal is. He tries to personalize them.

dmbfan36_23
12-01-2006, 12:08 PM
the boyd sig looks exactly like boyd's...
Yeah, Boyd's definitely appears legit.... as does Butch's