PDA

View Full Version : How the F(tickermasterC)

Buddy The Elf
12-01-2006, 11:12 AM
can i log in right before 11, hit refresh and have the box to select the number of tickets I want-enter gay TM.com code and the event be sold out:screwy

i hate scalpers and i hate TM.com even more:oar

Bartender
12-01-2006, 11:21 AM
huh?

Wescoast
12-01-2006, 11:31 AM
ticketmaster is pretty much the devil.

Buddy The Elf
12-01-2006, 11:34 AM
all i wanted was Beanpot tickets.....FUCK

Crumbo
12-01-2006, 11:35 AM
you suck at the interweb

Buddy The Elf
12-01-2006, 11:45 AM
you suck at the interweb

:whatever More like the scalpers have total control over TM.com and this was really not under my control

SuffolkDMB54
12-01-2006, 11:59 AM
oh damn, the beanpot is sold out already? i was hoping to swing by the garden at lunch and pick some up.

Brer Funk
12-01-2006, 12:01 PM
There needs to be some sort of crackdown. What I don't understand is how ticket scalping is illegal but companies like StubHub (that sell tickets for hundreds or thousands of dollars) are wavy gravy.

groove merchant
12-01-2006, 12:08 PM
from what i found out from a vendor...a very large number of tickets go to the inner circle. you wouldnt believe the number of tickets that are locket up before the gig goes on sale. i gaurantee this is some of the problem...and scalpers need to be :kill

Jack
12-01-2006, 01:08 PM
from what i found out from a vendor...a very large number of tickets go to the inner circle. you wouldnt believe the number of tickets that are locket up before the gig goes on sale. i gaurantee this is some of the problem...and scalpers need to be :kill

very true, a bunch of my friends get tickets every year for free just becuase they played like 6 years ago. I think alot are set aside as that.

However, ticketbastard needs to be shut down or regulated somehow. It is total bullshit. the same thing happened to me with RAdiohead in boston last summer. They must have sold about three tickets.

alexbunke
12-01-2006, 01:14 PM
I hate tickets in general. All shows should be GA and let the best man win when it comes to securing good seats.

Buddy The Elf
12-01-2006, 01:17 PM
I hate tickets in general. All shows should be GA and let the best man win when it comes to securing good seats.

That would be amazing. god knows I would be inline really early for every show I went to:upyours

alexbunke
12-01-2006, 01:45 PM
That would be amazing. god knows I would be inline really early for every show I went to:upyoursExactly. You'd have to prove/earn your spot.

walrusstapler
12-01-2006, 02:41 PM

:upyours All of the GA concerts I've been to have been the most enjoyable crowd-wise.

Brer Funk
12-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Would you pay more for a top act knowing it was general admission? I think I'd be willing to pay a good $20-30 more for Pearl Jam or DMB knowing I'd at least not be in the upper balcony

walrusstapler
12-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Would you pay more for a top act knowing it was general admission? I think I'd be willing to pay a good $20-30 more for Pearl Jam or DMB knowing I'd at least not be in the upper balcony

No, I don't think I would, especially because it's an inconvenience in a way. On one hand, your seats are as good as you're willing to make them, and on the other you have to give up tailgating or other pre-show activities.

I'm also not sure how well this would work with some of the DMB crowd. People are always complaining that people force their way up front. This would be more prominent with GA seating.

I think a good way to control this might be to have GA sections. There could be a GA pit, GA floor, GA balcony and so on, on a first come, first served basis. You get a wrist band for the section you're in, and can then go off and relax until the show starts. You also don't have to worry about people working their way from the back all of the way to the front when you've been waiting there since the beginning. The people who chose to get a wristband and stay in their spot would be guaranteed that spot, but the people who left would only be guaranteed a spot in that section. I think that would be pretty fair.

Fan#41
12-01-2006, 10:52 PM
The sad thing is, most of the industry doesn't care about scalpers. And when I say most of the industry I mean record labels, who can point to large amounts being asked for tickets from their respective artists so they can say "hey look, ____'s tickets are going for $2,000". It gives more eye and ear attention to the touring scene for a lot of artists and acts. That's why there's never beena crack down. But heaven forbid that we start trading those same artists' albums online...THEN it becomes a huge issue. But hey...the fans that want to see those artists tour and support them largely in that respect? Fuck 'em. That's pretty much the mentality of the industry.

It's sad because it went on for so long that scalpers are now protected by the fucking state. It's pathetic.

Brer Funk
12-01-2006, 11:43 PM
No, I don't think I would, especially because it's an inconvenience in a way. On one hand, your seats are as good as you're willing to make them, and on the other you have to give up tailgating or other pre-show activities.

I'm also not sure how well this would work with some of the DMB crowd. People are always complaining that people force their way up front. This would be more prominent with GA seating.

I think a good way to control this might be to have GA sections. There could be a GA pit, GA floor, GA balcony and so on, on a first come, first served basis. You get a wrist band for the section you're in, and can then go off and relax until the show starts. You also don't have to worry about people working their way from the back all of the way to the front when you've been waiting there since the beginning. The people who chose to get a wristband and stay in their spot would be guaranteed that spot, but the people who left would only be guaranteed a spot in that section. I think that would be pretty fair.

Yeah.. I think I'd probably like it as a novelty for a few shows but eventually get sick of waiting in line for at least a few hours.

stalker
12-02-2006, 01:55 AM
It's pretty easy grab Beanpot Tickets. After the teams lose the first day the fans are looking to get rite of their tickets, or atleast that's what I have found out in previous years.

Buddy The Elf
12-02-2006, 08:46 AM
It's pretty easy grab Beanpot Tickets. After the teams lose the first day the fans are looking to get rite of their tickets, or atleast that's what I have found out in previous years.

no shit, but thats not the point of the thread..leave now