PDA

View Full Version : New to itunes...

Wescoast
12-01-2006, 07:36 PM
give me 1 song that i possibly dont know about that is absolutely worth the 99 cents.

this is kind of a spinoff of that other thread of new music discoveries. but i want to add some really good new music on here. doesnt have to be something you just found out about though.

id say

such great heights - postal service (maybe they are bigger than i think and many of you know of them, i dunno)

and

7/4 (shoreline) and cause = time - broken social scene

these are songs that i would recommend if you arent familiar with these bands, and want to check out songs that are very easily likeable. now i have 700 songs on my list, so dont waste your time saying check out over the hills and far away!! maybe we can get some more good discussion going in this thread.

thestand
12-01-2006, 07:44 PM
I've been telling everyone (including TDC) about Ghostland Observatory for the past week. There sound is like musical candy: instantly infectious, and it makes anyone want to move. I usually don't listen to "dance" music, though I do dabble in electronica, but this band is the fucking motherload of dance/electro. If I had to pick one song that completely embodies the band, it'd be "Sad Sad City". Not close to the best song off of their two albums, but it sums them up. If you've got another 99 cents, go with "Rich Man" to see what they sound like with a guitar (which about a sixth of their songs contain). If somehow you have another 99, go with "I'll Be Suzy". That's where they show off their ambient/experimental side.

Amazing band if you're in the right mood.

Wescoast
12-02-2006, 06:20 PM
hmm sounds interesting. maybe ill try to download a full album somewhere. i dont want to buy a full live album, which seems to be the only option on itunes. thanks for the suggestion.

not many other opinions.

Bartender
12-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Railroad Earth - A Long Way To Go, The Hunting Song, Seven Story Mountain. Those are my three favorite from their live album "Elko".