PDA

View Full Version : Life without DMB

ethaxton
12-02-2006, 10:20 PM
This is sort of a spin-off from a thread that was on ufck the other night, regarding whether anyone there had loved any other band like they had DMB. The results were surprising coming from a lot of people that claim they don't listen to them much if any these days.

I was sitting here bored at work trying to think of what life would have been like without ever knowing about dmb. Regardless of how you got into them, how long you've been into them, or your current feelings I'd say most people would agree that the band has given them a different outlook on life in some way. For me, it was Dave's outlook on life that really got me hooked. Regardless of what is going on, Dave finds a way to do something, say something, or sing something that that can put me at ease. I can remember countless times through college when I would be feeling down about something and some lyric that I had never really paid much attention would click and just really put things into perspective. I won't even get into the friends I have met through them or the just:jawdrop experiences I've had at the concerts.

No other band has even skimmed the surface of catching my interest like that of dmb, and I'll be the first to admit that regardless of my opinion of their latest work I'll be very sad to see them call it quits. So, cheers to many more summers of dmb :beer

groove merchant
12-02-2006, 10:26 PM
nice post. who knows what musical path i would have taken had i not heard DMB when i did. all i can say is from the first time i saw them until now they have remained A#1 in my book. classy sons of bitches the boys are and what ive seen them do on stage is mind blowing...i would put TOOL in the mind blowing box and thats about it. ive seen alot of bands but not many come close to the pure greatness that is DMB. many more summers indeed:upyours

FightTheGoodFight
12-02-2006, 10:26 PM
... would suck

dsera
12-02-2006, 10:29 PM
it's already the holiday season when people tend to get depressed, are you trying to send them into suicide watch with this thread? :D

ethaxton
12-02-2006, 10:31 PM
it's already the holiday season when people tend to get depressed, are you trying to send them into suicide watch with this thread? :D

:lol Well Live Trax 7 should keep everyone happy through the holidays

groove merchant
12-02-2006, 10:32 PM
:kill

sorry the 'suicide' emoto is not here...but hey...it should be.

Phan
12-02-2006, 10:34 PM
can't wait, then we get heady dave and friends

Marjorie
12-02-2006, 10:43 PM
can't wait, then we get heady dave and friends

unfortunately not long term then it will be dave with random new band and seeing that would just feel dirty and wrong.

Crumbo
12-02-2006, 11:27 PM
I'd have more money

but it's been worth it because of the people I've met and the great times that have been had and will continue to be had

dsera
12-02-2006, 11:33 PM
I'd have more money

but it's been worth it because of the people I've met and the great times that have been had and will continue to be had
:upyours:upyours:upyours

pgr17
12-02-2006, 11:43 PM
my life would be different for sure... just for the people that i have met and where i am now (boston). it has been a very positive part of my life since '95.

Marjorie
12-02-2006, 11:55 PM
I'd have more money

:upyours

agreed

:)