PDA

View Full Version : Well, Michigan or Florida?

ethaxton
12-02-2006, 10:27 PM
USC loses to UCLA, and Florida beats 8th ranked Arkansas by 10 all while Michigan was idle and suffered their only loss the #1 team on the road by 3 points. That being said, who do you think will be playing Ohio State?

thestand
12-02-2006, 10:29 PM
I would love to see it be Florida, but I have a feeling we'll see the rematch.

Phan
12-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Florida, Don't be stupid

ethaxton
12-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Florida, Don't be stupid

:whatever Florida should have lost to Tennessee.

Phan
12-02-2006, 10:39 PM
:whatever Florida should have lost to Tennessee.

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda, Doesn't fucking matter moron.

Phan
12-02-2006, 10:40 PM
As for Michigan, they had their shot and lost, and keep this in mind (hijack from ufck)

One of Michigan's biggest wins was against Wisconsin.....Wisconsin didn't even beat a ranked team this year.

Wisconsin beat BGU, W. Illinois, SDSU, Indiana, NW, Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois, PSU, Iowa and Buffalo.

now how many of those teams are .500 or below?

all except Purdue and PSU

ethaxton
12-02-2006, 10:41 PM

That's what the Florida fans will be thinking about that loss to Auburn when Michigan gets selected for the BCS Championship.

Phan
12-02-2006, 10:42 PM
That's what the Florida fans will be thinking about that loss to Auburn when Michigan gets selected for the BCS Championship.

You're seriously this stupid huh?

ethaxton
12-02-2006, 10:47 PM
You're seriously this stupid huh?

Florida BARELY beat S. Carolina, and "should" have lost to Tennesee. They beat nobody good out of conference, looked terrible against FSU and they then beat an overrated Arkansas team who basically handed them the game with 4 turnovers. I don't know what I want more now though, to see the look on Florida fans when they don't get in, or when they get destroyed by OSU.

Phan
12-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Florida BARELY beat S. Carolina, and "should" have lost to Tennesee. They beat nobody good out of conference, looked terrible against FSU and they then beat an overrated Arkansas team who basically handed them the game with 4 turnovers. I don't know what I want more now though, to see the look on Florida fans when they don't get in, or when they get destroyed by OSU.

You are trying to deny them the bid based on 2 obvious things:

1- How you feel things "should" have happened, regardless of the turn out, and how they "barely" went 11-1 in the SEC. Why should Florida play teams out of conference when they played 5 Top 25 teams in conference, and at least three of them are BCS eligible.
2- An obvious blind hatred for UF

Next you'll post about something ridiculous like style points :lol :lol

So if someone else would like to come debate this with me, come post. You are no longer worth my time.

x sean
12-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Florida.

x sean
12-02-2006, 11:00 PM
but i'm also biased.

Phan
12-02-2006, 11:01 PM
I should also say, while it should be Florida, I think the BCS system will again fail us and it will be Michigan.

x sean
12-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Exactly.

x sean
12-02-2006, 11:03 PM
I can't wait to ignore sports stations for the next month after the decision is made.

ethaxton
12-03-2006, 12:09 AM
You are trying to deny them the bid based on 2 obvious things:

1- How you feel things "should" have happened, regardless of the turn out, and how they "barely" went 11-1 in the SEC. Why should Florida play teams out of conference when they played 5 Top 25 teams in conference, and at least three of them are BCS eligible.
2- An obvious blind hatred for UF

Next you'll post about something ridiculous like style points :lol :lol

So if someone else would like to come debate this with me, come post. You are no longer worth my time.

Give the badass, know-all role a break man, your ballwashing of Florida is just as "stupid" as me thinking Michigan deserves to go. I don't really care for either team, but Florida does not have the offense to compete with OSU. Style points DO in fact play a role, whether we think they should or not.

Phan
12-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Give the badass, know-all role a break man, your ballwashing of Florida is just as "stupid" as me thinking Michigan deserves to go. I don't really care for either team, but Florida does not have the offense to compete with OSU. Style points DO in fact play a role, whether we think they should or not.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Ballwashing Fla when I went on to say I think Mich will go

okayyyyyyy

ethaxton
12-03-2006, 12:18 AM

Ballwashing Fla when I went on to say I think Mich will go

okayyyyyyy

I should also say, while it should be Florida, I think the BCS system will again fail us and it will be Michigan.

You said they will go on by a fluke, and said Fla deserves to go. Ballwashing status.

Phan
12-03-2006, 12:21 AM
You said they will go on by a fluke, and said Fla deserves to go. Ballwashing status.

So an opinion different than yours based on actual merits other than "almost lost to TN and SC" makes me a ballwasher

keep posting, you just help my point

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 12:21 AM
this is going to be fun..its funny that a week ago all you heard was if usc loses, michigan is the team..and now..florida wins a game and holy shit everyone on tv is talking up the gators..its going to be dicey..good times tomorrow

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 12:29 AM
so wait..if Florida goes championship..how will it play out

OSU/Florida - MNC - Yes
Michigan/USC - Rose - Yes
Oklahoma/Boise St - Fiesta - Yes
Louisville/Wake - Orange - Yes
ND/LSU - Sugar - HMMM, I don't know that the Sugar wants LSU in that game..theres no money in it..so who else might it be

Phan
this is going to be fun..its funny that a week ago all you heard was if usc loses, michigan is the team..and now..florida wins a game and holy shit everyone on tv is talking up the gators..its going to be dicey..good times tomorrow

Deep down I did not think UF would win the SEC Championship game with how they looked in Nov. I think a lot of people thought the same.

ethaxton
So an opinion different than yours based on actual merits other than "almost lost to TN and SC" makes me a ballwasher

keep posting, you just help my point

No, it has nothing to do with an opinion different than mine. You come off as a ballwasher because you end all your arguments with moron, stupid, or some other arrogant response. You never made a point about WHY Florida should go. The Wisconsin argument was just a copy and paste of what someone on ufck said, which was shot down over there too. It's suppose to be a discussion, not a 5 year old name calling session.

Phan
12-03-2006, 12:30 AM
so wait..if Florida goes championship..how will it play out

OSU/Florida - MNC - Yes
Michigan/USC - Rose - Yes
Oklahoma/Boise St - Fiesta - Yes
Louisville/Wake - Orange - Yes
ND/LSU - Sugar - HMMM, I don't know that the Sugar wants LSU in that game..theres no money in it..so who else might it be

Yes, and LSU will being A LOT of money to whatever bowl they go to.

Phan
12-03-2006, 12:32 AM
No, it has nothing to do with an opinion different than mine. You come off as a ballwasher because you end all your arguments with moron, stupid, or some other arrogant response. You never made a point about WHY Florida should go. The Wisconsin argument was just a copy and paste of what someone on ufck said, which was shot down over there too.

Why should Florida go?

They went 12-1 in the SEC, Won the SEC, Played the toughest Schedule in the nation. Where as Michigan could not even win their confrence and played a weak schedule minus OSU who they did not beat when they had their 1st shot.

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 12:33 AM
Yes, and LSU will being A LOT of money to whatever bowl they go to.
LSU fans dont have to travel to go to New Orleans..they can buy tickets and show up..thats what i mean by no money

Phan
12-03-2006, 12:34 AM
LSU fans dont have to travel to go to New Orleans..they can buy tickets and show up..thats what i mean by no money

oh, yes, very true

Well I mean, maybe give it to Arkansas, I don't know, I think now that UF is secure, LSU needs the other BCS

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 12:38 AM
oh, yes, very true

Well I mean, maybe give it to Arkansas, I don't know, I think now that UF is secure, LSU needs the other BCS
arkansas doesnt get it..no way..not with 2 losses to close the season..

Phan
12-03-2006, 12:39 AM
arkansas doesnt get it..no way..not with 2 losses to close the season..

Agreed, but Auburn should not get one, So I mean, Unless they totally mix something up. They give it to LSU

ethaxton
12-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Agreed, but Auburn should not get one, So I mean, Unless they totally mix something up. They give it to LSU

Yeah, LSU should be going...and they are already selling tickets so apparently they are almost a shoe-in.

Phan
12-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Yeah, LSU should be going...and they are already selling tickets so apparently they are almost a shoe-in.

Had AK won today? Do you think it would have been fair to send LSU and leave UF out of a BCS game?

When I heard about LSU selling Rose tickets yesterday (where they obviously are not going now) I about filipped the fuck out.

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 12:48 AM
nah, auburn doesnt get it...no chance

teams eligible for the BCS as of last weeks standings with teams that lost removed

osu - in
usc - in
mich - in
florida -in
LSU - available
Louisville - in
wisconsin - ineligible
boise state - in
notre lame - available (in)
auburn - available
oklahoma - in
virginia tech - available
15. west virginia - available (will move into top 14)
17. Wake - in

so basically the choices are, for 2 slots: LSU, ND, Auburn, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia

in a perfect world notre dame woudlnt get this bid..but they're ND...but now if you look back at their schedule..not great...they got stomped by a 2 loss USC team and Michigan..played nobodies the rest of the year, should have lost to Mich St, should have lost to UCLA, really should have gotten beat by Georgia Tech(which by the way doesnt look like a great win at this point (4 losses))..eh..LSU-Virginia Tech would be fun, but we play them in baton rouge next year so thats probably out..and WVU can go to hell...god i hate ND

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 12:49 AM
Had AK won today? Do you think it would have been fair to send LSU and leave UF out of a BCS game?

When I heard about LSU selling Rose tickets yesterday (where they obviously are not going now) I about filipped the fuck out.
they might..if michigan goes championship..usc/lsu would be a great matchup

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 12:50 AM
PS - I FUCKING LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Phan
12-03-2006, 12:50 AM
:lol I hate ND

ethaxton
12-03-2006, 12:51 AM

Im not sure how it's going to workout now that USC lost considering they were selling those considering a win, it's all fucked up and we need playoffs.

ethaxton
12-03-2006, 12:52 AM
They need to make Notre Dame join a fucking conference.

Phan
12-03-2006, 12:53 AM
Man, I wish I was in Gainesville tonight. I'd be at Swamp right now

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 12:55 AM
They need to make Notre Dame join a fucking conference.
yes. never going to happen.

ethaxton
12-03-2006, 12:55 AM
nah, auburn doesnt get it...no chance

teams eligible for the BCS as of last weeks standings with teams that lost removed

osu - in
usc - in
mich - in
florida -in
LSU - available
Louisville - in
wisconsin - ineligible
boise state - in
notre lame - available (in)
auburn - available
oklahoma - in
virginia tech - available
15. west virginia - available (will move into top 14)
17. Wake - in

so basically the choices are, for 2 slots: LSU, ND, Auburn, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia

in a perfect world notre dame woudlnt get this bid..but they're ND...but now if you look back at their schedule..not great...they got stomped by a 2 loss USC team and Michigan..played nobodies the rest of the year, should have lost to Mich St, should have lost to UCLA, really should have gotten beat by Georgia Tech(which by the way doesnt look like a great win at this point (4 losses))..eh..LSU-Virginia Tech would be fun, but we play them in baton rouge next year so thats probably out..and WVU can go to hell...god i hate ND

The Wake-Ga Tech ACC championship game was such a fucking joke. Nobody was at the game, and nobody gave a shit. 5 fucking field goals. Wake Forest being in a BCS game is ridiculous.

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 12:57 AM
The Wake-Ga Tech ACC championship game was such a fucking joke. Nobody was at the game, and nobody gave a shit. 5 fucking field goals. Wake Forest being in a BCS game is ridiculous.
i think its cool that wake is in the bcs..but having the ACC title game in jax was a retarded idea..yes..if FSU and Miami play for it every year..then fandamntastic..but if not (they're 1 for 4 on florida teams thus far) then its just retarded..put in in charlotte where most of ACC country can go to the god damn game

ethaxton
12-03-2006, 12:59 AM
i think its cool that wake is in the bcs..but having the ACC title game in jax was a retarded idea..yes..if FSU and Miami play for it every year..then fandamntastic..but if not (they're 1 for 4 on florida teams thus far) then its just retarded..put in in charlotte where most of ACC country can go to the god damn game

Well it's fine if VT is in it too, they travel very well.

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Well it's fine if VT is in it too, they travel very well.
they wont anymore..because they know that with a loss we might end up there again..

kern
12-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Boise Should be given a shot to play in a BCS game.

Phan
12-03-2006, 01:05 AM
now that the booze is wearing off man i was a cock in the 1st half of this thread

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 01:06 AM
Boise Should be given a shot to play in a BCS game.
um..yeah..they're going to the fiesta

ethaxton
12-03-2006, 01:06 AM
they wont anymore..because they know that with a loss we might end up there again..

Eh, given the possibility of an ACC championship VT fans will travel. There are worse things than going to Jacksonville, FL twice during the winter.

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 01:07 AM
now that the booze is wearing off man i was a cock in the 1st half of this thread
so you're drunk all the time then? ;)

Phan
12-03-2006, 01:08 AM
so you're drunk all the time then? ;)

Phan
12-03-2006, 01:09 AM
UF- 9 and 1 vs. Bowl Eligible Teams
17 TDs allowed in 13 Games

ethaxton
12-03-2006, 01:13 AM
UF- 9 and 1 vs. Bowl Eligible Teams
17 TDs allowed in 13 Games

There is no denying they have a good defense; it's been hit or miss on the offense though.

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 01:13 AM
you know whats funny..if michigan had played today, against any team but ohio state, and won..this wouldnt even be a debate

Phan
12-03-2006, 01:15 AM
you know whats funny..if michigan had played today, against any team but ohio state, and won..this wouldnt even be a debate

vs. a 1A team? No way

Phan
12-03-2006, 01:15 AM
There is no denying they have a good defense; it's been hit or miss on the offense though.

I blame Chris Leak.

LET THE TEBOW ERA BEGIN

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 01:17 AM
vs. a 1A team? No way
if michigan played, say, minnesota today, there would be zero talk of florida jumping them in the polls assuming michigan won..there just wouldnt

ethaxton
12-03-2006, 01:19 AM
if michigan played, say, minnesota today, there would be zero talk of florida jumping them in the polls assuming michigan won..there just wouldnt

Is this also assuming USC has already lost?

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 01:20 AM
Is this also assuming USC has already lost?
yes, im saying have today happen, but have michigan playing a game as today rather than their season ending two weeks ago..and this isnt a debate

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 01:33 AM
the GreyStHokie Road To The Championship

Round 1: (Home Team Listed First)
1Ohio State vs. 16Troy
2Michigan (AL) vs. 15Houston
3Florida vs. 14Central Michigan
4LSU (AL) vs. 13BYU
5USC vs. 12Boise State
6Oklahoma vs. 11Auburn (AL)
7Louisville vs. 10Notre Dame (AL)
8Wake Forest vs. 9Wisconsin (AL)

(AL)=At Large

Home games guaranteed to those teams that win BCS conferences, then the top 2 at large teams get home games.

dmbowns
12-03-2006, 02:33 AM
But Phan, Florida ALMOST lost to Tennesee man. Come on now.

Obviously Michigan.

Phan
12-03-2006, 02:35 AM
But Phan, Florida ALMOST lost to Tennesee man. Come on now.

Obviously Michigan.

and Mich ROLLED Ball State :lol

dmbowns
12-03-2006, 02:44 AM
and Mich ROLLED Ball State :lol

Clearly Michigan is better for that reason alone.

Every post this guy has in this thread is completely idiotic. It's okay though, it's entertaining.

DMB1541
12-03-2006, 03:21 AM
Florida, for obvious reasons

captainbluntmofo
12-03-2006, 03:35 AM
I like Florida more but the only time Michigan lost it was to the number one team.

Phan
12-03-2006, 04:26 AM
I like Florida more but the only time Michigan lost it was to the number one team.

If they played Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas, South Carolina, LSU, Georgia, I bet they'd have one more.

captainbluntmofo
12-03-2006, 04:45 AM
If they played Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas, South Carolina, LSU, Georgia, I bet they'd have one more.

quite possible, that is a good argument. I don't want to see Michigan again.

sarge
12-03-2006, 10:40 AM
a little defensive :lol

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 11:16 AM
i hope florida jumps michigan in one poll, but not the other and we get another split national title should OSU lose in the title game

Phan
12-03-2006, 03:52 PM
uf jumps in both

x sean
12-03-2006, 04:03 PM
I really hope Florida goes.

bigtrain21
12-03-2006, 04:07 PM
For me it boils down to the fact that Florida would probably have the exact same record if they played Michigan's schedule, but if Michigan played Florida's schedule I don't think there is any way they would have the same record...

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 04:07 PM
so michigan, #2 in the bcs and one of the polls the day after they lost to ohio state, has now been jumped by USC in one poll last week, and by florida in both polls this week...without losing another football game..how does that work?

bigtrain21
12-03-2006, 04:11 PM
so michigan, #2 in the bcs and one of the polls the day after they lost to ohio state, has now been jumped by USC in one poll last week, and by florida in both polls this week...without losing another football game..how does that work?

Well last week USC beat ND so that voters now had to factor in that part of the schedule and their record so I had no problem with them jumping over Michigan....

I think when voters looked at the entire body of work for both teams and the fact that Florida had the tougher schedule and the same record(actually Florida had 1 more win) it probably caused some of them to change their votes..

That is just my best guess...

GreyStHokie
12-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Well last week USC beat ND so that voters now had to factor in that part of the schedule and their record so I had no problem with them jumping over Michigan....

I think when voters looked at the entire body of work for both teams and the fact that Florida had the tougher schedule and the same record(actually Florida had 1 more win) it probably caused some of them to change their votes..

That is just my best guess...
still doesnt make sense..if michigan was the second best team in the country two weeks ago..and have done nothing to hurt that, how arent they still #2

DMBZeppelin
12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Ok I read this article on ESPN and it made some good points about this whole Michigan/Florida argument.

So here are the cold, hard facts when comparing the Gators and Wolverines:

1. Florida beat nine teams that are projected to play in bowl games. Michigan beat six.

2. Michigan beat five teams that finished the season with losing records. Florida beat two teams with sub-.500 records.

3. Florida's 12 Division I-A opponents had a combined record of 89-57. Michigan's 12 opponents had a combined record of 84-61.

4. Michigan's best win is considered a 27-13 victory over Wisconsin on Sept. 23. The Badgers are 11-1 and have climbed to No. 7 in the AP Top 25 poll, despite having played only one ranked opponent -- the Wolverines -- the entire season.

5. The 12 teams Florida defeated finished the season with 11 combined wins against opponents which were ranked in the AP Top 25 poll at the time the game was played. The opponents Michigan defeated claim just three wins against ranked teams (Notre Dame beat Penn State. Indiana beat Iowa. Vanderbilt beat Georgia. The Nittany Lions, Hawkeyes and Bulldogs, it should be noted, haven't been ranked in seven weeks).

6. The Gators went 3-1 against ranked opponents, beating then-No. 13 Tennessee, No. 9 LSU and No. 8 Arkansas and losing at No. 11 Auburn. The Wolverines went 1-1 against ranked opponents, beating a highly overrated No. 2 Notre Dame team (that lost to Michigan and USC by a combined total of 46 points) and losing at No. 1 Ohio State 42-39 on Nov. 18.

7. The Gators' average margin of victory against Division I-A teams was 13.5 points. They won seven games by 14 points or fewer, six by less than 10. The Wolverines' average margin of victory was 17.3 points. They won six games by 14 points or fewer, two by less than 10.

8. The Gators played Western Carolina, a Division I-AA team, and won by 62 points. The Wolverines played Ball State, which should be a I-AA team, and won by eight.

9. Since the Wolverines last played and lost at Ohio State, the Gators won at Florida State (The Seminoles are 6-6, but rivalry games are tough to win. Just ask USC coach Pete Carroll) and then beat the No. 8 Razorbacks, who defeated then-No. 2 Auburn and No. 13 Tennessee by 17 points each.

10. Michigan didn't win the Big Ten; Florida won the SEC. Winning your conference should be a prerequisite for playing in the national championship.

bigtrain21
12-03-2006, 07:39 PM
still doesnt make sense..if michigan was the second best team in the country two weeks ago..and have done nothing to hurt that, how arent they still #2

I think it is more that the other teams proved they were number 2 over them than michigan doing anything to prove they weren't number 2...

Buddy The Elf
12-03-2006, 08:05 PM
I love how all of a sudden Phan is such a big U of FL fan:lol :whatever

thestand
12-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Florida is going. I really dislike both teams though.

mrchattr
12-03-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm pissed...I really think it should have been a rematch.

x sean
12-03-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm pissed I have to avoid all sports related things for the next month because all we're going to hear about is this BCS shit.

As an Ohio State fan, I didn't really care who we played. Now it's all I have to hear for till this game is played.

Phan
12-03-2006, 11:52 PM
I love how all of a sudden Phan is such a big U of FL fan:lol :whatever

what? I've been talking about UF football with you since I met you? :lol

Footwear
12-04-2006, 12:12 AM
No.

Both teams are VERY good. There is no argument against either team being there. Both teams deserve it. I want to see UM/OSU again, but i'm fine with UF. I think UF deserves it just as much.

Either way OSU wins, but i do think UM would have a better shot.

*hides*

x sean
12-04-2006, 01:29 AM
No.

Both teams are VERY good. There is no argument against either team being there. Both teams deserve it. I want to see UM/OSU again, but i'm fine with UF. I think UF deserves it just as much.

Either way OSU wins, but i do think UM would have a better shot.

*hides*

UM does have a better shot.

I back Florida by the way.

Wescoast
12-04-2006, 01:42 AM
it should have been michigan...

but im going to the rose bowl and usc/michigan is gonna be an awesome game.

mrchattr
12-04-2006, 09:59 AM
I think it'll be funny if OSU blows Fla out of the water.

Strugz10
12-04-2006, 11:55 AM
I would have loved the rematch, but Florida deserves a chance to play OSU.