PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts after a Sunday Drive

akleiner34
12-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I usually don't listen to alot of DMB during the winter but this morning I found a copy of the LWS under my car seat and popped it on while I went for a little drive before work. By the time I got to JTR I caught myself in the rearview mirror looking like this: :jawdrop

I forgot about DMB. Somewhere in the middle of the recent conjecture about the state of the band I truly forgot how magical this band can be. I didn't need a show from 95, I needed to hear what this band is really about and really capable of today. My mind was blown. It was like hearing them for the first time again.

I hope to all high heaven that whenever the new album comes out it floors me like the Lillywhites did this morning. Every second on there is a band filled with musical promise. I know (we all know) what those sessions were like and I know what resulted because of this sessions. The music is just so fucking good though.

Man, do I miss that band.:upyours

O and Everyday is not a good album and neither is Stand Up. Each have a couple of passable tunes but these are not albums they are excuses. The band, IMO, at this point, is afraid. They are afraid of the LWS. And this standing up rollicking energetic band we hear now is only a specter of what they could be. --- That's just a response to all the ED love coming out lately.

groove merchant
12-03-2006, 04:01 PM
ah yes...not everyone forgets. things change but the boys are bad asses and thats why we are all here. i am not so sure about this ED love going around tho.:ponder

dsera
12-03-2006, 04:03 PM
ah yes...not everyone forgets. things change but the boys are bad asses and thats why we are all here. i am not so sure about this ED love going around tho.:ponderI have love for only The Space Between and What You Are. The rest of ED I can do with or without. I was digging If I Had It All live though, I have to admit.

ggies
12-03-2006, 04:05 PM
ah, yes...................:sad

akleiner34
12-03-2006, 04:06 PM
I have love for only The Space Between and What You Are. The rest of ED I can do with or without. I was digging If I Had It All live though, I have to admit.

I agree with you completely. I had posted in your TSB thread that I really loved it at Hershey in 04 and still do. But the ED songs should have been the ones on the cutting room floor. I wouldnt mind them popping up sometimes like the LWS songs do. (minus SUAD and MM.- and at least SUAD should come back)

Tambourine Man
12-03-2006, 04:09 PM
IMO, rehashing the LWS and their aftermath over and over has become incredibly old.

akleiner34
12-03-2006, 04:17 PM
IMO, rehashing the LWS and their aftermath over and over has become incredibly old.

Probably true but I could give a shit because I had a wonderful DMB moment today. And it made me reconsider how I am as a fan of this band so I shared.

dsera
12-03-2006, 04:18 PM
It's the off season, pretty much 90% of the topics will be rehashing something.

groove merchant
12-03-2006, 04:24 PM

this is true. unfortunate, but true.

roshea999
12-03-2006, 04:26 PM

Yep.. and I really never get tired of talking about the Lillywhites. It's wonderful music from a very interesting/defining moment in the history of the band.

akleiner34
12-03-2006, 04:26 PM

Plus, one more do you like Break Free or not thread and I might cry.

groove merchant
12-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Plus, one more do you like Break Free or not thread and I might cry.

hell lets keep this bitch going. i wanna see some tears.:violinill even throw in some violin for mood purposes.

akleiner34
12-03-2006, 04:33 PM
hell lets keep this bitch going. i wanna see some tears.:violinill even throw in some violin for mood purposes.

You calling me a bitch?

dsera
12-03-2006, 04:43 PM
You calling me a bitch?
I think he is. GET HIM! :lol

akleiner34
12-03-2006, 04:47 PM
I think he is. GET HIM! :lol

:lol

Ledge
12-03-2006, 04:53 PM

I'm going to do what everyone is thinking right about now. WTFAU?

akleiner34
12-03-2006, 04:54 PM
:upyoursI'm going to do what everyone is thinking right about now. WTFAU?

Tambourine Man
12-03-2006, 05:25 PM

:lol :wtf

groove merchant
12-03-2006, 07:53 PM
You calling me a bitch?

:lol:lol

not sure how you came up with that but no...i am not calling you a bitch. it was a good laugh tho.:upyours