PDA

View Full Version : Verizon FiOS

dmbfan36_23
12-07-2006, 10:01 AM
For those that have it....

- How reliable has the service been?

- Are they bandwidth Nazis (have you ever gotten a 'you've used too much b/w this month' nastygram)?

- Do they do any traffic shaping to your knowledge (i.e. do your torrents seem to run at less than full speed)?

- Ever get a "you've downloaded pirated/illegal" material letter?

They just rolled it out in my area and I'm considering leaving Comcast for it... right now Comcast has been good to me.. never had b/w issues, nastygrams, etc...

dsera
12-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Ask tspepper, he has it.

oh and I hate you still. :boohoo:rant:boohoo

dmbfan36_23
12-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Baby, don't hate me 'cause I've got a big, fat pipe.... ;-)

dsera
12-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Baby, don't hate me 'cause I've got a big, fat pipe.... ;-)
ooh baby, you know I love it when you talk geek. :nod

Psionic
12-07-2006, 11:14 AM
I wish they'd roll that out here.. They're puttin it in the burbs right now...

/jealous

Naediel
12-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Ask tspepper, he has it.

And that guy has uploaded over 4TB on dreamingtree if I remember. yikes. :lol

dsera
12-07-2006, 11:56 AM
And that guy has uploaded over 4TB on dreamingtree if I remember. yikes. :lol
Hell yeah. You guys think I upload a bunch now. If I had FIOS it would be like dsera Christmas all summer tour long.

Naediel
12-07-2006, 12:00 PM
I used to be pretty active over there and I uploaded over 500GB pretty quickly (when I had FiOS). Moved about a couple miles down the road into a new house... and not available anymore. :\

FiOS > Comcast was awful.

Koko the Monkey
12-07-2006, 03:43 PM
yea our comcast is horribble here, internet and digital cable. it's because we're on the end of the line and we dont get enough power on our cables so everything is slow and we can't record on the dvr

kern
12-07-2006, 03:48 PM
For those that have it....

- How reliable has the service been?

- Are they bandwidth Nazis (have you ever gotten a 'you've used too much b/w this month' nastygram)?

- Do they do any traffic shaping to your knowledge (i.e. do your torrents seem to run at less than full speed)?

- Ever get a "you've downloaded pirated/illegal" material letter?

They just rolled it out in my area and I'm considering leaving Comcast for it... right now Comcast has been good to me.. never had b/w issues, nastygrams, etc...

Per FCC rules they can't distinguish torrent from other data.

dmbfan36_23
12-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Check this out.... if you push back (to be read 'tap lightly') on Verizon's initial offer of free install and $29.99 for the first 3 months ($44.95 after that) they will jump to 10 months at $29.99.

They offered me the 3 months and I called back after talking to Comcast and told them Comcast would drop my cable for 12 months to $29.99 (which was true) and Verizon (despite being twice as fast) gave me the 10 month offer.

dsera
12-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Check this out.... if you push back (to be read 'tap lightly') on Verizon's initial offer of free install and $29.99 for the first 3 months ($44.95 after that) they will jump to 10 months at $29.99.

They offered me the 3 months and I called back after talking to Comcast and told them Comcast would drop my cable for 12 months to $29.99 (which was true) and Verizon (despite being twice as fast) gave me the 10 month offer.
:boohoo And I pay $69.95 for Road Runner Premium that isn't worth a shit next to that FIOS.