PDA

View Full Version : Bela Fleck & The Flecktones

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Fan#41
12-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Shows, stories, reviews, thoughts, etc...

Why don't we kick this off with a video

Scratch & Sniff from Live At The Quick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWNiFw_W3mA

DMBTex10101
12-09-2006, 04:02 AM
:upyours :upyours And some '07 tour dates:

Flecktones:
01/20/07 - Shepherd's Bush Empire - London , England
01/22/07 - A38 - Budapest , Hungary
01/24/07 - Celtic Connections Festival - Glasgow , Scotland
01/26/07 - Vicar Street - Dublin , Ireland
02/02/07 - Rose State College - Midwest City , OK
02/03/07 - Cain's Ballroom - Tulsa , OK
02/05/07 - The Pageant - St Louis , MO
02/07/07 - Fort Lewis College - Durango , CO
02/08/07 - Belly Up Aspen - Aspen , CO
02/09/07 - Vilar Center for the Arts at Beaver Creek - Avon , CO
02/10/07 - Paramount Theater - Denver , CO
03/09/07 - Langerado Festival Markham Park - Sunrise , FL
03/13/07 - Teatro Morelos - Morelia , Mexico
03/14/07 - Teatro Diana - Guadalahara , Mexico
03/15/07 - Teatro de la Ciudad - Monterey , Mexico
03/16/07 - Teatro de la Ciudad - Mexico City , Mexico
03/17/07 - Teatro de la Ciudad - Mexico City , Mexico
03/20/07 - Auditorio Ibirpuera - Sao Paulo , Brazil
03/22/07 - Teatro Municipal - Santiago , Chile
03/24/07 - Teatro Coliseo - Buenos Aries , Argentina

Bela Fleck & Chick Corea:
2007-02-09 - Vilar Center for the Arts at Beaver Creek, Avon, CO
2007-02-10 - Paramount Theater, Denver, CO
2007-02-19 - Peabody Auditorium, Daytona Beach, FL
2007-02-21 - Rivercenter for the Performing Arts, Columbus, GA
2007-02-23 - Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
2007-02-24 - University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL
2007-02-26 - Zeiterion Performing Arts Center, New Bedford, MA
2007-02-28 - University of Richmond, Richmond, VA
2007-03-01 - Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
2007-03-03 - Warner Theater, Washington, DC
2007-03-04 - University of Florida, Gainesville, FL

DMBTex10101
12-09-2006, 04:05 AM
And lets not forget the two Grammy Nominations this year:

Category 45

Best Contemporary Jazz Album
(For albums containing 51% or more playing time of INSTRUMENTAL tracks.)

* The Hidden Land
Béla Fleck & The Flecktones
[Columbia]

Category 9

Best Pop Instrumental Performance
(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, without vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

* Subterfuge
Track from: The Hidden Land
[Columbia/Legacy]

http://www.grammys.com/GRAMMY_Awards/49th_Show/list.aspx#10

Fan#41
12-09-2006, 09:54 AM
:upyours :upyours And some tour dates:

1/20/07 - London , England - Shepherd's Bush Empire
1/22/07 - Budapest , Hungary - A38
1/24/07 - Glasgow , Scotland - Celtic Connections Festival
1/26/07 - Dublin , Ireland - Vicar Street
2/2/07 - Midwest City , OK USA - Rose State College
2/3/07 - Tulsa , OK USA - Cain's Ballroom
2/5/07 - St Louis , MO USA - The Pageant
2/7/07 - Durango , CO USA - Fort Lewis College
2/8/07 - Aspen , CO USA - Belly Up Aspen
2/9/07 - Avon , CO USA - Vilar Center for the Arts at Beaver Creek
2/10/07 - Denver , CO USA - Paramount Theater
3/9/07 - Sunrise , FL USA - Langerado Festival Markham Park
3/13/07 - Morelia , Mexico - Teatro Morelos
3/14/07 - Guadalahara , Mexico - Teatro Diana
3/15/07 - Monterey , Mexico - Teatro de la Ciudad
3/16/07 - Mexico City , Mexico - Teatro de la Ciudad
3/17/07 - Mexico City , Mexico - Teatro de la Ciudad
3/20/07 - Sao Paulo , Brazil - Auditorio Ibirpuera
3/22/07 - Santiago , Chile - Teatro Municipal
3/24/07 - Buenos Aries , Argentina - Teatro Coliseo

I love the fact that these guys have literally been all over the world.

I like the interview from the Sessions @ West 54th, where Bela talks about playing in Mongolia somewhere and the entire village came to the concert.

Blurry
12-09-2006, 11:22 AM
They've been my favorite band since I saw them live. Off the Top is a masterpiece.

kyle1kyle1
12-09-2006, 11:28 AM
i may try to go to the st louis show....wish me luck

kyle1kyle1
12-09-2006, 11:30 AM
also, on the archive.org, does anyone know if there is any SBD recordings? (i dont feel like going through every single one!) thanks

DMBTex10101
12-09-2006, 11:32 AM
They've been my favorite band since I saw them live. Off the Top is a masterpiece.

Have you heard the one with Chris Thile from this show:
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/showinfo.php?date=181

The download is on that page if you haven't.

:upyours :upyours Great version.

DMBTex10101
12-09-2006, 11:35 AM
also, on the archive.org, does anyone know if there is any SBD recordings? (i dont feel like going through every single one!) thanks

There is only one SBD recording on archive.org. November 28, 2003. It was released by the band in '05 while they were on hiatus and it is the only SBD recording that archive.org allows.

There are a few others circulating though, just not on archive.org.

kyle1kyle1
12-09-2006, 11:48 AM
do you know where at? (not officially released)

Blurry
12-09-2006, 12:43 PM

No but thanks for the link, I love the site. I wish the Flecktones had a bigger online community.

bbycrei
12-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Always nice seeing a Flecktones thread where ever I post. I love this band.

bbycrei
12-09-2006, 01:04 PM
There is only one SBD recording on archive.org. November 28, 2003. It was released by the band in '05 while they were on hiatus and it is the only SBD recording that archive.org allows.

There are a few others circulating though, just not on archive.org.

Yah that was such a great gesture, now to try to get Richard to maybe realase the 3 others during the off season.

Tex, have you updated that site recently from last year's tour?

bbycrei
12-09-2006, 01:05 PM
No but thanks for the link, I love the site. I wish the Flecktones had a bigger online community.

They have a new board which is pretty cool, but there really isn't much to discuss. Hopefully this thread will jump start and we can get this one going. I know ufck had one that kept going and I know Ants has had one that has lasted for a few years since I started listening to them (03).

DMBTex10101
12-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Yah that was such a great gesture, now to try to get Richard to maybe realase the 3 others during the off season.

Tex, have you updated that site recently from last year's tour?

Yeah I try to update it any chance I get. It's got all the '06 sets, and all the solo projects they did this past year. Plus all the '07 shows, not to mention this, which I hope to finish eventually:

http://www.archivesincowtown.org/projectdmbf.php

As for the other 3 shows, I wouldn't count on them. The reason they didn't get released last time was because Richard tours with Bela when he does solo stuff too, so he really doesn't get too much time off to sift through all the recordings. But I've kept the votes so if he ever asks for them again, I can give them to him. And I'll be sure to let you guys know if he asks.

DMBTex10101
12-09-2006, 01:36 PM
do you know where at? (not officially released)

You just have to find them the normal trading way. Usually people with a large Flecktone selection have several, and occasionally they will pop up on a random bit torrent site that allows them, but that is very rare.

No problem, but I agree with you, a bigger online Flecktone community would be great.

bbycrei
12-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Yeah I try to update it any chance I get. It's got all the '06 sets, and all the solo projects they did this past year. Plus all the '07 shows, not to mention this, which I hope to finish eventually:

http://www.archivesincowtown.org/projectdmbf.php

As for the other 3 shows, I wouldn't count on them. The reason they didn't get released last time was because Richard tours with Bela when he does solo stuff too, so he really doesn't get too much time off to sift through all the recordings. But I've kept the votes so if he ever asks for them again, I can give them to him. And I'll be sure to let you guys know if he asks.

Nice thanks for the update, gives me something to look at and see what actually was played last year.

If the band wants to pay me, I'll be happy to do the archiving for them :) I'll even do it for free in my spare time :)

DMBTex10101
12-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Nice thanks for the update, gives me something to look at and see what actually was played last year.

If the band wants to pay me, I'll be happy to do the archiving for them :) I'll even do it for free in my spare time :)

Hey I just got a full length pro-shot Flecktone DVD from Spain if you want it, let me know, I'll be more than happy to B & P it for ya.

Brandon if you are interested, let me know as well. It's this show:
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/showinfo.php?date=125079

Footwear
12-09-2006, 02:10 PM
i may try to go to the st louis show....wish me luck
Me too. :banana

bbycrei
12-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Hey I just got a full length pro-shot Flecktone DVD from Spain if you want it, let me know, I'll be more than happy to B & P it for ya.

Brandon if you are interested, let me know as well. It's this show:
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/showinfo.php?date=125079

Definatly. PM me. or if you want we can trade, my list is in my sig

Fan#41
12-09-2006, 03:21 PM
I would LOVE to get that DVD Tex!

Fan#41
12-09-2006, 03:33 PM
My favorite Flecktones album is still Three Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. I still think it was their biggest leap in maturity and exploration. Little Worlds is def an acheivement, but from 1993 - 1995, that growth spurt remains the biggest they've ever had. Of course they've grown and matured even greater over the years, but it's been subtle. When Cuckoo's Nest was released it was such a major shift and upgrade in the Flecktones sound that it got them so recognized within the music industry.

DMBTex10101
12-09-2006, 03:38 PM
My favorite Flecktones album is still Three Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. I still think it was their biggest leap in maturity and exploration. Little Worlds is def an acheivement, but from 1993 - 1995, that growth spurt remains the biggest they've ever had. Of course they've grown and matured even greater over the years, but it's been subtle. When Cuckoo's Nest was released it was such a major shift and upgrade in the Flecktones sound that it got them so recognized within the music industry that a little over 2 years later the Grammy's would acknowledge them for their live album "Live Art".

At Last We Meet Again may be one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded.

Definitely a great album and a major turning point for the band. Branford Marsalis is a great addition, he (and obviously Bruce as well) really fit in with the guys when he was around. I'd like to hear him try his hand on a few of the newer tunes, plus it would be interesting to see him and Jeff together on the same stage.

Fan#41
12-09-2006, 03:42 PM
At Last We Meet Again may be one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded.

Definitely a great album and a major turning point for the band. Branford Marsalis is a great addition, he (and obviously Bruce as well) really fit in with the guys when he was around. I'd like to hear him try his hand on a few of the newer tunes, plus it would be interesting to see him and Jeff together on the same stage.

I agree. At Last is my fav Flecktones song. I also just adore the production of the album as well. It's smooth yet raw, without sounding sloppy, ya know? I love how seperated everyone is on the album. And yea, Bruce was such a great addition.

What's your fav album?

DMBTex10101
12-09-2006, 03:49 PM
I agree. At Last is my fav Flecktones song. I also just adore the production of the album as well. It's smooth yet raw, without sounding sloppy, ya know? I love how seperated everyone is on the album. And yea, Bruce was such a great addition.

What's your fav album?

Well, Live Art is by far my favorite. But as for Studio, I'm torn between Little Worlds & UFO Tofu.

UFO Tofu has always been a favorite of mine. It was the first of the albums with Howard that I was able to find and pick up, so that may be a reason. But the song selection is great, it has some of my favorite tunes, and they just sound so great in the studio.

As for production, I really can't say much, it seems like everything Bela gets his hands on turns out so well and always seems to have every instrument mixed in just right. I think Bela is an amazing producer, even when you get 10-12 instruments on the same track, everything still sounds so crisp and clean, and never crowded (see Sleeper). The rest of Little Worlds speaks for it's self.

Fan#41
12-09-2006, 03:52 PM
I agree with everything. True North on Ufo Tofu is one of my favorite songs. I love the Austin City Limits performance of the tune.

DMBTex10101
12-09-2006, 03:52 PM
By the way, for anyone who doesn't have them already, they are up on my site:

'06 Bonnaroo show:
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/shared/bfft2006-06-18%20-%20Bonnaroo.asf

11-17-03 Conan Performance:
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/shared/bfft2003-10-17%20-%20Next(Conan).mpeg

If there are any other specific videos anyone wants, let me know. If I have them, I'll put them up as well.

bbycrei
12-09-2006, 03:55 PM
All this talk about best albums. I can't say for sure right now, but I'm hoping one of my christmas presents is the last 4 albums I need to finish my collection, UFO Tofu, Flight of the Cosmic Hippo, Three Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Outbound.

DMBTex10101
12-09-2006, 03:55 PM
I agree with everything. True North on Ufo Tofu is one of my favorite songs. I love the Austin City Limits performance of the tune.

Without a doubt.

I'm a huge fan of Bonnie & Slyde. It's one of my favorite songs, and it always seems to get over looked. He had just a couple tunes that he used the slide on, and they were really really good, I like the effect the slide gives the banjo. This one and Road House Blues are two of my favorites, just because of the slide.

DMBTex10101
12-09-2006, 03:59 PM
All this talk about best albums. I can't say for sure right now, but I'm hoping one of my christmas presents is the last 4 albums I need to finish my collection, UFO Tofu, Flight of the Cosmic Hippo, Three Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Outbound.

Definitely work on finishing off the collection, you are missing a couple of the must haves from these guys.

On the other hand, I could never get into Flight of the Cosmic Hippo. Great songs and it's a well rounded album, I just never catch myself putting it on. And Outbound has it's moments, but I prefer live versions of almost every song on the album. Plus if I wanna hear Outbound tunes, I usually just watch Live at the Quick.

But yeah, definitely get the whole lot of 'em. I was lucky enough to find the Border's special edition Outbound with the bonus disk (with one track), so that's kind of cool, but I rarely listen to it . . .

bbycrei
12-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Definitely work on finishing off the collection, you are missing a couple of the must haves from these guys.

On the other hand, I could never get into Flight of the Cosmic Hippo. Great songs and it's a well rounded album, I just never catch myself putting it on. And Outbound has it's moments, but I prefer live versions of almost every song on the album. Plus if I wanna hear Outbound tunes, I usually just watch Live at the Quick.

But yeah, definitely get the whole lot of 'em. I was lucky enough to find the Border's special edition Outbound with the bonus disk (with one track), so that's kind of cool, but I rarely listen to it . . .

Yah back when I first started I seemed to like Jeff better than Howard (I had some old soundboard back from 92 or 93 when they did that NYC tour). After I bought the self titled album I know there are some songs that Howard does much better than Jeff (Half Moon Bay for example).

DMBTex10101
12-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Yah back when I first started I seemed to like Jeff better than Howard (I had some old soundboard back from 92 or 93 when they did that NYC tour). After I bought the self titled album I know there are some songs that Howard does much better than Jeff (Half Moon Bay for example).

I agree on Half Moon Bay, and I like Howard on Sinister Minister, and a couple others.

On the other hand, I've absolutely loved Jeff's quirky-ness on Frontiers this year. Frontiers has always been a great tune, and he really gave it what it needed to be a major live song.

To take it a step further, his work on the soprano in general has been out of this world. It's so nice that he has a few more soprano songs to play with now. I remember back in '04 Bela was saying he randomly threw Stomping Grounds into the middle of the set because Jeff hadn't used his Soprano all night. Now it's kind of the other way around. Loving the soprano, keep it up Jeff.

bbycrei
12-09-2006, 04:09 PM
I agree on Half Moon Bay, and I like Howard on Sinister Minister, and a couple others.

On the other hand, I've absolutely loved Jeff's quirky-ness on Frontiers this year. Frontiers has always been a great tune, and he really gave it what it needed to be a major live song.

To take it a step further, his work on the soprano in general has been out of this world. It's so nice that he has a few more soprano songs to play with now. I remember back in '04 Bela was saying he randomly threw Stomping Grounds into the middle of the set because Jeff hadn't used his Soprano all night. Now it's kind of the other way around. Loving the soprano, keep it up Jeff.

Jeff really was a great addition to the band and he really is my favorite member of the band. He just adds so much to anything he can get his hands on. His solo stuff is pretty good too, just need to get some more of his albums too.

Fan#41
12-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Just thought I'd throw this out there; Bela Fleck has won 8 grammy's, and has been nominated more than 20 times. Bela's been nominated in more different catagories than anyone in the history of the Grammy's.

Smokey the Bear
12-10-2006, 12:17 AM
We need a Live Art 2

DMBTex10101
12-10-2006, 07:22 AM
We need a Live Art 2

Agreed. They have plenty of unreleased material to do another disk (or two) like this, I think it's just a matter of time.

jaguaracer
12-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Another TDCer with a hippo av finally jumping into this thread.

jaguaracer
12-10-2006, 11:48 AM
As for a contribution ... http://www.archive.org/details/bfft2006-04-22.flac16
Take a listen to Jeff's jam on New South Africa. :hump

Fan#41
12-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Dan, do you happen to have any of the Flecktones appearances on Leno?

shnick
12-10-2006, 09:08 PM
this was one of my favorite threads at ufck. glad to see the 'tones getting some love here

on a side note, i saw vic two weeks ago at berklee and it was mindblowing. if anyone is lucky enough to be near him when he rolls through, treat yourself to that show

mrchattr
12-10-2006, 11:44 PM

That's hott, man, thanks!!!!!!!!!!! Do you happen to have a copy of that Hoedown, or anything else live with any Nickel Creek-ers sitting in with the 'Tones? That would be my dream to see happen.

DMBTex10101
12-11-2006, 07:08 AM
That's hott, man, thanks!!!!!!!!!!! Do you happen to have a copy of that Hoedown, or anything else live with any Nickel Creek-ers sitting in with the 'Tones? That would be my dream to see happen.

Yeah, I'll try to put some stuff up tonight. I think I have a couple different things.

bbycrei
12-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Maybe I'll post some of the reviews I did for the shows I went to when I get home.

Ledge
12-11-2006, 08:43 AM
Was just listening to Big Country from the 12.3.98 opener from DMB and good god do I love that song.

Lugzy
12-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Flecktones:
01/20/07 - Shepherd's Bush Empire - London , England

I'll be going to that one!

mrchattr
12-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I'll try to put some stuff up tonight. I think I have a couple different things.

Thanks, man!

Blurry
12-11-2006, 08:46 PM
How could UFO Tofu be mentioned without mentioning Nemo's Dream or The Yeehaw Factor? Easily my two favorites from the album. Both have a lot of build-ups and releases, and everything is divided into distinct different sections, which I guess is what I like in a song. Futureman's work is good especially on Nemo's Dream.

bbycrei
12-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Was just listening to Big Country from the 12.3.98 opener from DMB and good god do I love that song.

I love popping in that set every once in a while.

bbycrei
12-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Anyone have some favorite shows they attended?

Mine are 10-11-03 and 12-3-04

I haddn't planned on going to the second night at GW but they said Sandip Burman would be there so I couldn't pass it up. My friend and I were running late to get in there so I missed just a bit of Big Country. The first set was solid. Now the second set starts with Futch comming out and talking about a guy named Issah Williams. He then calls him up and then a 8 year old kid comes up and takes over the drum kit and just drops the jaws of everyone in the room. Second set was pretty solid as well. Now after Hoedown I figure the set is over and I run down to the lighting guy to grab a setlist. But no they weren't done. They were talking about how nice it was to play here and this next song is a request. I had asked the band to play that last night and I was so stoked to hear it played.
10-11-03
GW Lisner Auditorium

Big Country
Earth Jam
Puffy
Costa Brava
Victor
Am Latin w/ Sandip Burman
2nd set
Futch w/ Issah Williams
Sleeper w/Sandip
Bil Mon
Latitude
Moment So Close w/Sandip
Bela
encore
Hoedown w/Sandip
E:
Sleeping Dogs Lie

Now this show had me driving 4 hours from school to grab my grandfather, took him to his first show and then the drive back down to school after. Now we got there early, really early. I heard soundcheck from outside the venue. The place was an old movie theater. Thought I had front row seats but was back a row or two but with camera in hand I tried to get some pics (all were dark unfortunatly). I never heard Nu C before but the song felt like a great welcome to the crowd, it slowly led into Scratch and Sniff. Lover's Leap and Oddity were a surprise and a first time for me. Mudslingers was a first as well and I didn't remember it off of Little Worlds and then soon fell in love w/ the song (and its now a rarity on the tour last year). After that song they said they would start playing some old songs, so Mars Needs Women starts off w/ Bela retuning his banjo and Jeff and Futch chatting for a sec (Vic was supposed to talk but said nothing, quite the MC). After that Arjuna started and man was that funky and nice to hear that for a first time. Right after bam, New South Africa. I had wanted to hear that song live since I got Live Art. I gave them a standing O and Vic acknowledged that. Another double encore, I had never heard Shanti but it did get you in a Christmas mood (at least to me). Just another solid show with lot of surprises.

12-3-04 Keswick Theater
Nu C
Scratch & Sniff
Lover's Leap
Oddity
Victor/Bela
Whistle
2nd set
Futch/Jeff
Mudslingers of the Milky Way
Mars Needs Women
Sojourn of Arjuna
New South Africa
Bela
encore
Moment So Close
Shanti

DMBTex10101
12-12-2006, 10:48 AM
12-3-04 Keswick Theater

All of those December '04 shows were bad ass. A great string of shows.

My favorite that I've attended is actually the last one I went to. Stubb's in Austin 3-29-06.

Great show with some surprising additions, including New South Africa and the live debut of Subterfuge!

Bil Mon
Kaleidoscope
Whistle Tune
Rococo
Earth Jam
Victor
Vic/Bela
Puffy
I Know What I Means to be Lonesome (w/ Rhonda Vincent)
Subterfuge (live debut)
Futureman Solo
Futch/Jeff
Sunset Road
P-Lod
Bela Solo
----------------
New South Africa

A great show!

mrchattr
12-12-2006, 12:10 PM
4-21-04 was one of the greatest concert experiences ever, just because of what happened: I was already a huge 'Tones fan, but due to how busy I was at the time, wasn't keeping up on what concerts were coming around town. I was a member of Baltimore's Marching Ravens, and was driving down to practice when I got a call saying it was cancelled. I was around York at the time, so I got off to get dinner and get back on the highway, and drove past the Strand, with a sign saying that the Flecktones were playing there that night! I freaked out! So, I ran up to the window, and they were doing student rush (all available tickets only $10 to students with an id). So, I got a ticket, and since it was a single, ended up getting dropped in the third row! I watched the show, hung out with 'em afterwards, and loved EVERY second of it, and how random it was.

Setlist was:
Next
Mudslingers of the Milkey Way
Heidi
Snatchin'
Futch>
Futch/Bela Jam>
Off The Top
---------------------
Vic solo>
Vic/Jeff Jam>
Sojourn of Arjuna (partial)>
Weed Whacker>
Sleeper
Misunderstood
Scratch 'n' Sniff
Bela Solo
----------------------
Sinister Minister

Overall a solid set, although I sill have yet to hear Sojourn the whole way through, which I am dying for.

Setlist wise, the best show I've been to was, without a doubt, 9/17/06, the Fall tour closer from this year:

Cheesballs in Cowtown
P'Lod in The House
Roccoco
Synergy
Vic/Jeff
Scuttlebutt
Over The Wall
Futch/Bela>
Bigfoot
Who's Got 3
Next
Subterfuge (Come Together)
Weed Whacker>
Couch Potato
Whistle Tune
----------------
Big Country

I had been praying to get Whistle Tune and Big Country during one of the shows I got to see on the fall tour, and it took me until the very last two songs, but it was well worth the wait! I was blown away.

BTW, Tex, AIC has a slightly different set listed than what I just typed up, but I got the setlist from the soundguy, and he made the adjustments for me...just thought I'd let you know. I know for a fact that some of the transitions are wrong, because they stopped before Who's Got 3 and told a really long story about it. Also, they stopped to say "goodbye" so to speak, before Whistle Tune. Love the site...just trying to help a bit.

DMBTex10101
12-12-2006, 12:53 PM
BTW, Tex, AIC has a slightly different set listed than what I just typed up, but I got the setlist from the soundguy, and he made the adjustments for me...just thought I'd let you know. I know for a fact that some of the transitions are wrong, because they stopped before Who's Got 3 and told a really long story about it. Also, they stopped to say "goodbye" so to speak, before Whistle Tune. Love the site...just trying to help a bit.

Not a problem, I took the set from the recording, and a couple of the songs usually don't get listed on the setlist. If you haven't downloaded it yet, I highly recommend it. It's on archive.org.

As far as Synergy goes, I don't know why they mispelled it like that, after a listen I'm positive it's the same song that's on Victor's Solo album under the name Zenergy, so I have no clue why they named it like that.

Wescoast
12-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Bela Fleck & The Flecktones 06/29/02
Piggly Wiggly Music Stage/ Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI

Next
Puffy
Earth Jam
Big Country
Scratch and Sniff
Sherpa
Off The Top
A Moment So Close
Hoedown
E: Sinister Minister

This is the one and only show I've seen by the flecktones. It was great though, a dead cover band opened for nickelcreek who opened for the tones. So a great full day of music. and because i wanted to see the dead cover band we got there really early and was able to keep our front row bleacher spot. bela played a few songs with nickelcreek which was nice.
the tones set was really enjoyable. all i really wanted to hear was big country and they played it, so i was stoked. the vocal songs were pretty corny, but other than that it was great. this was pre little worlds, so there were some songs that hadnt been released yet. but i only have the quick, little worlds and live art so im not super familiar with flecktones tunes. nickelcreek definitely brought the house down more and i think as a whole, if the tones opened for them it would have been an even more enjoyable evening.

mrchattr
12-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Not a problem, I took the set from the recording, and a couple of the songs usually don't get listed on the setlist. If you haven't downloaded it yet, I highly recommend it. It's on archive.org.

As far as Synergy goes, I don't know why they mispelled it like that, after a listen I'm positive it's the same song that's on Victor's Solo album under the name Zenergy, so I have no clue why they named it like that.

Thanks, man, I haven't gotten a pull of it yet. I'll have to jump on that once I get my bittorrent working again.

mrchattr
12-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Bela Fleck & The Flecktones 06/29/02
Piggly Wiggly Music Stage/ Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI

Next
Puffy
Earth Jam
Big Country
Scratch and Sniff
Sherpa
Off The Top
A Moment So Close
Hoedown
E: Sinister Minister

This is the one and only show I've seen by the flecktones. It was great though, a dead cover band opened for nickelcreek who opened for the tones. So a great full day of music. and because i wanted to see the dead cover band we got there really early and was able to keep our front row bleacher spot. bela played a few songs with nickelcreek which was nice.
the tones set was really enjoyable. all i really wanted to hear was big country and they played it, so i was stoked. the vocal songs were pretty corny, but other than that it was great. this was pre little worlds, so there were some songs that hadnt been released yet. but i only have the quick, little worlds and live art so im not super familiar with flecktones tunes. nickelcreek definitely brought the house down more and i think as a whole, if the tones opened for them it would have been an even more enjoyable evening.

Wow! I know I asked if we could get some more NC with the 'Tones stuff here, but if anyone has any Bela with NC, that would be amazing as well...

bbycrei
12-12-2006, 02:37 PM

Yah I watch the youtube vid of them playing it in the studio every once in a while. I love that song.

DMBTex10101
12-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Yah I watch the youtube vid of them playing it in the studio every once in a while. I love that song.

That is a great DVD by the way. It's cool to see how they go about the entire process. Vic pretty much has it his head in a certain way and he tells the guys how he would like them to play it and they toy around with it.

Plus there are several shots of Carter messing it up, which I guess could be expected, it was the first time he was playing it.

A great DVD, probably would make a great Christmas gift . . . for yourself of course!

Fan#41
12-12-2006, 10:54 PM
I had a VHS mix of random TV appearances from the 'Tones and it got recorded over... :(

BET Jazz performance from '94 (just the trio)
'92 Florida Jazz fest performance
Leno and Carson performances

and a bunch of other random stuff. I'm still kicking myself over recording over it on accident.

DMBTex10101
12-12-2006, 11:13 PM
I had a VHS mix of random TV appearances from the 'Tones and it got recorded over... :(

BET Jazz performance from '94 (just the trio)
'92 Florida Jazz fest performance
Leno and Carson performances

and a bunch of other random stuff. I'm still kicking myself over recording over it on accident.

Yeah I understand I wish there was a way to get a hold of all those past performances. It's upsetting that they aren't around.

I do have a TV appearance from last year. They played Rococo & Sex In A Pan. But it's still in TX. Maybe I'll get it when I go down for Christmas.

bbycrei
12-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Aren't we still on the lookout for the PBS Sierra Center Stage?

mrchattr
12-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Tex, thank you for all you do for the community. I still have to say the best B&P I ever did was with you - the extra data disc you sent just really made my day!

DMBTex10101
12-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Aren't we still on the lookout for the PBS Sierra Center Stage?

Yes we are. People just don't tape things anymore unfortunately. It never aired anywhere near me. I really hope I can see it sometime.

Tex, thank you for all you do for the community. I still have to say the best B&P I ever did was with you - the extra data disc you sent just really made my day!

Not a problem. Just out of curiosity, what did I put on that disc?? I'm sure I can assume because I put the same couple on all the data disks, but I don't remember yours.

mrchattr
12-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Not a problem. Just out of curiosity, what did I put on that disc?? I'm sure I can assume because I put the same couple on all the data disks, but I don't remember yours.

Naked pics of Mersh and Phan, and then:
5/19/90
2/17/91
4/24/97
7/30/99
10/27/04
1/13/06

DMBTex10101
12-13-2006, 12:22 AM
Naked pics of Mersh and Phan, and then:
5/19/90
2/17/91
4/24/97
7/30/99
10/27/04
1/13/06

Ah yes. I'm sure the pics made the disk. But those are several of my favorite shows. Especially the '97, 99, and '04 one.

Glad you enjoyed. I'm digging to find the Nickel Creek stuff, but I might not be able to get it up until this weekend, but I'll put it up before Christmas, promise.

mrchattr
12-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Ah yes. I'm sure the pics made the disk. But those are several of my favorite shows. Especially the '97, 99, and '04 one.

Glad you enjoyed. I'm digging to find the Nickel Creek stuff, but I might not be able to get it up until this weekend, but I'll put it up before Christmas, promise.

Hey man, no biggie, take your time. I'm too into LT7 to even listen to it if you had it up tonight anyway!

DMBTex10101
12-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Hey man, no biggie, take your time. I'm too into LT7 to even listen to it if you had it up tonight anyway!

grr, I wish mine would come in already.

bbycrei
12-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Yes we are. People just don't tape things anymore unfortunately. It never aired anywhere near me. I really hope I can see it sometime.

I caught maybe a song or two one random night at another friend's house where my friends kept telling me they didn't get it.

I'm sure something will pop up in HD and someone can capture it via DVR. Maybe Chard has a copy of it or something we can "borrow"

bbycrei
12-14-2006, 08:56 PM
That is a great DVD by the way. It's cool to see how they go about the entire process. Vic pretty much has it his head in a certain way and he tells the guys how he would like them to play it and they toy around with it.

Plus there are several shots of Carter messing it up, which I guess could be expected, it was the first time he was playing it.

A great DVD, probably would make a great Christmas gift . . . for yourself of course!

I decided to get it on netflix, im surprised they have it, ill hopefully have it on saturday to watch.

mrchattr
12-15-2006, 01:04 AM
I decided to get it on netflix, im surprised they have it, ill hopefully have it on saturday to watch.

Are you referring to the Carter/Wooten DVD? I really, really, really need to see that!

bbycrei
12-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Are you referring to the Carter/Wooten DVD? I really, really, really need to see that!

Yep and same here.

DMBTex10101
12-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Yep and same here.

I got the disk by the way. Thanks a lot, I was unaware that it was a multi cam.

With that said, more Flecktone dates have been announced. Including an Australia tour, and several dates in the US.

http://www.archivesincowtown.org/yearspec.php?year=2007

bbycrei
12-19-2006, 05:18 PM

It actually was a cool DVD. It was nice to see the making of a song, where things were being talked out as to how to play, seeing carter jump the gun was pretty funny. Still love Zenergy as a song, it almost sounds more Flecktones than Vic.

bbycrei
12-19-2006, 05:18 PM
I got the disk by the way. Thanks a lot, I was unaware that it was a multi cam.

With that said, more Flecktone dates have been announced. Including an Australia tour, and several dates in the US.

http://www.archivesincowtown.org/yearspec.php?year=2007

Carnegie Hall, count me in. I've always wanted to go there.

mrchattr
12-19-2006, 05:50 PM

I'll be at the DC show I'm sure.

bbycrei
12-19-2006, 06:33 PM

That would be cool to see Bela and Chick play.

DMBTex10101
12-19-2006, 07:36 PM

I'll be hitting both of these as well! Should be a great time. It will (probably) be my first show in New York.

I'm freaking excited too!

DMBTex10101
12-19-2006, 07:39 PM
It actually was a cool DVD. It was nice to see the making of a song, where things were being talked out as to how to play, seeing carter jump the gun was pretty funny. Still love Zenergy as a song, it almost sounds more Flecktones than Vic.

I've always said the studio version of that song is exactly how the 'Tones SHOULD be. Carter instead of Futureman. That's the only way the Flecktones could get any better.

I really really enjoy Futureman and what he adds. His solo's aren't my style, but he does a great job keeping up with the odd time signatures, and he has some random sounds on his Drumitar that just seem to work.

With that said, I would give him up in a heart beat if he was being replaced by Carter.

bbycrei
12-19-2006, 08:29 PM
I've always said the studio version of that song is exactly how the 'Tones SHOULD be. Carter instead of Futureman. That's the only way the Flecktones could get any better.

I really really enjoy Futureman and what he adds. His solo's aren't my style, but he does a great job keeping up with the odd time signatures, and he has some random sounds on his Drumitar that just seem to work.

With that said, I would give him up in a heart beat if he was being replaced by Carter.

I'm waiting to see Futch on a real drum kit.

bbycrei
12-19-2006, 08:30 PM
I'll be hitting both of these as well! Should be a great time. It will (probably) be my first show in New York.

I'm freaking excited too!

Its a fun little town. There are some nice places I could stop on the way up there from Penn Station. I think my grandfather will hopefully make the trip up with me. You can't pass seeing any band at Carnegie Hall.

mrchattr
12-19-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm waiting to see Futch on a real drum kit.

Two shows ago (the Bucknell show from the last tour), he seemed to spend more time on the kit than on the synth-axe, and it was awesome. He's a really, really talented drummer, and knowing that actually has made the synth-axe a little worse for me. I've never been a huge fan of it, but after hearing what they sound like with drums, I was just stoked.

bbycrei
12-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Two shows ago (the Bucknell show from the last tour), he seemed to spend more time on the kit than on the synth-axe, and it was awesome. He's a really, really talented drummer, and knowing that actually has made the synth-axe a little worse for me. I've never been a huge fan of it, but after hearing what they sound like with drums, I was just stoked.

If I remember, he just got bored of playing the drums and wanted to do his own thing. It's a cool little tool, but there has to be some time when he is behind a full kit with no synth ax. Now that would be sick. At the Princeton show, Jeff told me that he's just amazing behind the drums, now when will that happen, who knows?

Fan#41
12-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Actually there was a Wooten Family show back in...I wanna say '93? Futureman played on a standard kit. I think Bela sat in as well. I think this was the last time Futureman played a standard kit.

mrchattr
12-20-2006, 03:19 AM
If I remember, he just got bored of playing the drums and wanted to do his own thing. It's a cool little tool, but there has to be some time when he is behind a full kit with no synth ax. Now that would be sick. At the Princeton show, Jeff told me that he's just amazing behind the drums, now when will that happen, who knows?

Honestly, a lot of the time he played with one hand on the drums and one hand on the synth-axe, but it was easy to tell what sounds were coming from which...and with one hand, he played better than most drummers I've seen do with two hands.

DMBTex10101
12-20-2006, 06:28 AM

Yes, he played the kit a lot more this year, well what little bit of a kit he brings with the Flecktones. Most of the songs from the new album required it. Which is a good thing. I never was a fan of the Drumitar either. Perhaps if I actually saw him play a real kit, it would be a good thing, and I might enjoy him a little more.

Actually there was a Wooten Family show back in...I wanna say '93? Futureman played on a standard kit. I think Bela sat in as well. I think this was the last time Futureman played a standard kit.

Actually, he's played the kit on many occasions within the past few years, but none with the Flecktones (unfortunately). He toured with Isaah Williams in early '04, and played the kit. And he did a show with YMSB last year in which he played the kit. Plus, he's doing another YMSB show on New Year's Eve, in which I'm sure he'll do it again. Plus whenever he tours with Jeff Coffin's Mu'tet, he plays the kit.

I know he does it very rarely, I just hope to catch one of these rare times. You can only hear "he's an amazing drummer" so many times without seeing it before you start to wonder.

Fan#41
12-20-2006, 07:01 AM
Actually, he's played the kit on many occasions within the past few years, but none with the Flecktones (unfortunately).

That's what I meant, since Bela sat in and it was with Victor, that it was technically with the 'Tones.

bbycrei
12-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Plus whenever he tours with Jeff Coffin's Mu'tet, he plays the kit.

Now all Jeff needs to do is come up to the north east. I saw him in Annapolis last year and that was about as far north as he came up. I'd love to catch him in NYC, Philly or NJ.

mrchattr
12-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Now all Jeff needs to do is come up to the north east. I saw him in Annapolis last year and that was about as far north as he came up. I'd love to catch him in NYC, Philly or NJ.

What kind of stuff does Coffin play? Is it more traditional jazz than the 'Tones? Or more like a Mike Stern/Flecktones mash up type thing? I'm very curious, because I love his sax playing. And his water bottle playing.

bbycrei
12-20-2006, 01:02 PM
What kind of stuff does Coffin play? Is it more traditional jazz than the 'Tones? Or more like a Mike Stern/Flecktones mash up type thing? I'm very curious, because I love his sax playing. And his water bottle playing.

Traditional jazz and w/ lots of different time signatures. He extends things out so much and people take thier time w/ solos, a 4 minute song could go at least 15 minutes because everyone takes a solo and goes to town. There are a few of his shows up on Archive.org to check out. I was at the the one in Rams Head in Annapolis. He changes group members all the time so each show is very unique but I really enjoy Jeff's stuff. Mad Hatter is one of my favorite songs from his new album Bloom (I think the time sig for that was like 17/4 or something like that).

DMBTex10101
12-20-2006, 03:37 PM
That's what I meant, since Bela sat in and it was with Victor, that it was technically with the 'Tones.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if that was what you meant.

mrchattr
12-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Traditional jazz and w/ lots of different time signatures. He extends things out so much and people take thier time w/ solos, a 4 minute song could go at least 15 minutes because everyone takes a solo and goes to town. There are a few of his shows up on Archive.org to check out. I was at the the one in Rams Head in Annapolis. He changes group members all the time so each show is very unique but I really enjoy Jeff's stuff. Mad Hatter is one of my favorite songs from his new album Bloom (I think the time sig for that was like 17/4 or something like that).

Does anyone have a show they'd be willing to YSI or something? I have issues with my computer right now...MP3s would be fine (unless you think it'd offend the taper, I'm just going to convert myself though to listen).

DMBTex10101
12-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Does anyone have a show they'd be willing to YSI or something? I have issues with my computer right now...MP3s would be fine (unless you think it'd offend the taper, I'm just going to convert myself though to listen).

There are several shows available for download on archive.org. That would be the easiest way.

This is one of my favorites:
http://www.archive.org/details/jcoffin2005-04-19.flacf

If you can't get it that way, let me know I'll find a way to up it.

Also, the Chris Thile stuff is well on it's way, I had some stuff at work to take care of, but I'll have it up soon.

mrchattr
12-21-2006, 12:30 AM
There are several shows available for download on archive.org. That would be the easiest way.

This is one of my favorites:
http://www.archive.org/details/jcoffin2005-04-19.flacf

If you can't get it that way, let me know I'll find a way to up it.

Also, the Chris Thile stuff is well on it's way, I had some stuff at work to take care of, but I'll have it up soon.

Work stuff? Man, I thought you were a real fan. I guess I know the truth now. Forget it!

:lol Seriously, though, thanks man! I'm stoked!

groove merchant
12-21-2006, 01:01 AM
i havnt read this whole thread...but...check the sig. great show from 91. one of my favs.

DMBTex10101
12-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Work stuff? Man, I thought you were a real fan. I guess I know the truth now. Forget it!

:lol Seriously, though, thanks man! I'm stoked!

Finished, hope you enjoy. I've been meaning to do this for a while, but never got around to it.

Hope lossless files are alright, I didn't wanna convert them all, it's a couple different sources too. But here it is, a large zip file.

Flecktones & Chris Thile Compilation
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/shared/bfft+ct_comp.zip

:) I know I enjoyed it when I listened to it straight through.

Fan#41
12-21-2006, 07:15 PM
I still have a bunch of analogs that I've never found digital copies of. A few from '98. 3/17/98 is a really fun show, with a loud crowd, and one of the finest performances of Trane To Canamara.

bbycrei
12-21-2006, 08:17 PM
I still have a bunch of analogs that I've never found digital copies of. A few from '98. 3/17/98 is a really fun show, with a loud crowd, and one of the finest performances of Trane To Canamara.

If you can transfer them please do, the more shows the better :)

mrchattr
12-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Finished, hope you enjoy. I've been meaning to do this for a while, but never got around to it.

Hope lossless files are alright, I didn't wanna convert them all, it's a couple different sources too. But here it is, a large zip file.

Flecktones & Chris Thile Compilation
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/shared/bfft+ct_comp.zip

:) I know I enjoyed it when I listened to it straight through.

Wooooooooooo! My hero! Thank you.

DMBTex10101
12-22-2006, 06:19 AM
If you can transfer them please do, the more shows the better :)

I agree.

DMBTex10101
01-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Hey guys, I just put a more rare show up on bt.etree.org. It hasn't circulated much at all, so I figured this would be the best way to do it.

Got it from a friend of the taper just a bit ago. Hope you guys enjoy!

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=503173

bbycrei
01-06-2007, 07:51 PM
I think at some point we might want to try to get every show we have and get it up on the archive. would be a great thing to get them all up there.

Mersh
01-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Grab the 99 show on etree right now if you don't already have it. Nice recording.

edit: ha, yeah that one.

bbycrei
01-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Any recording w/ Imagine This is worth it.

DMBTex10101
01-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Yet another Imagine This opener. Enjoy!!

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=503204

bbycrei
01-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Yet another Imagine This opener. Enjoy!!

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=503204

Nice, another one and from the recording info this sould sound pretty good. Thanks again Tex.

bbycrei
01-10-2007, 07:36 PM
The NSA tease during Imagine This is such a huge tease.

FishMonkeyMan
01-10-2007, 07:37 PM
torrents are blocked at my new office, this sucks.

DMBTex10101
01-13-2007, 11:04 PM
More Flecktone Tour Dates!! Congrats Canada!!

And Fleck & Corea in June for a second leg of their tour.

In other news, they are tentatively going to be playing Austin City Limits Music Festival. Hope that pans out because if so I will be making the flight down for that!

I'll update the tour dates in the second post, AND, if you have Google Calender, I have put the dates in one just so you know. Just search "Flecktones Tour Schedule".

There ya have it. A couple great Bluegrass Session shows up on bt.etree too if you are intersted.

jaguaracer
01-14-2007, 09:26 PM
More Flecktone Tour Dates!! Congrats Canada!!

Hoping they don't skip Toronto ...

Lugzy
01-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Yay seeing them this Saturday :rawk

DMBTex10101
01-18-2007, 06:21 AM
Yay seeing them this Saturday :rawk

Nice. Score a setlist and send me a scan!

Enjoy the show, it should be a great one, it's their first since mid-September.

Lugzy
01-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Wow, it was awesome.:jawdrop

Fan#41
01-21-2007, 02:02 AM

You were literally speechless on the phone. :lol

DMBTex10101
01-21-2007, 06:30 AM

Any idea of the setlist?? I'm dying to see what an '07 set will look like.

Glad you enjoyed, although it's kind of expected, rarely do they disappoint :)

Mersh
01-21-2007, 08:32 AM
They are playing the jazzfest in my area this year. Looking forward to it.

Fan#41
01-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Hey Tex, I think you'll be pleased with who i scored an interview with. ;)

cnfloyd84
01-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Grab the 99 show on etree right now if you don't already have it. Nice recording.

Did anyone grab this? I was only at 33%, and then I think it was removed from etree, I just checked and I didn't see it on there.

DMBTex10101
01-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Hey Tex, I think you'll be pleased with who i scored an interview with. ;)

Who would this be?? Let me hear the good news.

Did anyone grab this? I was only at 33%, and then I think it was removed from etree, I just checked and I didn't see it on there.

I opened mine back up. Sorry I closed it the other day and forgot to re-open it. I thought more people might hang around but I guess not.

Also, the sets are in for the first show. A bit of an odd looking set with a wierdly placed set break and both Vic & Futch's solos being very early, but here it is, with the brand new tune and all:

Kaleidoscope
Throwdown at the Hoedown
Futch
P'Lod in the House
Roccoco
The Whistle Tune
Victor
Over the Wall
Sex in a Pan
Amber Jack *
-- set break --
Sleeper
Who's Got 3?
Big Foot +
Subterfuge
Béla
-- encore break --
The Sinister Minister
-- encore break --
Stomping Grounds

* First Time Played
+ Played w/o Jeff

Lugzy
01-21-2007, 04:35 PM
You were literally speechless on the phone. :lol
:lol :lol seriously

Glad you enjoyed, although it's kind of expected, rarely do they disappoint :)
Yeah by the time I got home last night I was seriously considering flying home in April to see them play with DMB. Hmmm.

mrchattr
01-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Who would this be?? Let me hear the good news.

I opened mine back up. Sorry I closed it the other day and forgot to re-open it. I thought more people might hang around but I guess not.

Also, the sets are in for the first show. A bit of an odd looking set with a wierdly placed set break and both Vic & Futch's solos being very early, but here it is, with the brand new tune and all:

Kaleidoscope
Throwdown at the Hoedown
Futch
P'Lod in the House
Roccoco
The Whistle Tune
Victor
Over the Wall
Sex in a Pan
Amber Jack *
-- set break --
Sleeper
Who's Got 3?
Big Foot +
Subterfuge
Béla
-- encore break --
The Sinister Minister
-- encore break --
Stomping Grounds

* First Time Played
+ Played w/o Jeff

Well I am all kinds of excited! Considering that they still had Am Latin on setlists in '06, I'm hopeful for a new album soon with some of the stuff that didn't make Hidden Land, and some new stuff. Have you heard Amber Jack yet? For the person at the show, how was it?

Fan#41
01-21-2007, 09:24 PM
I love that they're still playing Sex In A Pan and Big Foot.

bbycrei
01-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Return of sleeper, great news. Great to see the Flecktones make thier way over to England and get such a nice reception (2 encores)

Stoked when I can see them at Carnegie Hall.

shnick
01-22-2007, 10:21 PM
anyone know when tickets are going on sale? particularly, the CT and MA shows?

spruce
01-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks for posting the set, Tex, love it.

DMBTex10101
01-23-2007, 07:47 PM
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/showinfo.php?date=125152
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/showinfo.php?date=125293

Two more shows in Hungry. Two great sets and the return of True North. A song that hasn't been played in 10 years, and never with Jeff. Glad to see him start using that new whistle on a few other tunes.

Fan#41
01-23-2007, 08:21 PM
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/showinfo.php?date=125152
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/showinfo.php?date=125293

Two more shows in Hungry. Two great sets and the return of True North. A song that hasn't been played in 10 years, and never with Jeff. Glad to see him start using that new whistle on a few other tunes.

:upyours :upyours :upyours :upyours

One of my favorite Flecktones songs. The performance from the '92 Austin City Limits show is outstanding.

bbycrei
01-23-2007, 11:43 PM
nice to see them change it up and not redo last year's tour. This should be a good year.

jaguaracer
01-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Tape of a Hungary Show: http://www.archive.org/details/bfft2007-01-22.flacf

barebonedcrazy
01-24-2007, 12:50 PM

I will definitely be there, im assuming that the tickets will become available on ticketmaster in a few months?

Fan#41
01-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Tape of a Hungary Show: http://www.archive.org/details/bfft2007-01-22.flacf

Listening to Sojourn right now.

bbycrei
01-24-2007, 01:40 PM
I will definitely be there, im assuming that the tickets will become available on ticketmaster in a few months?

Carnegie Hall's site still doesn't mention them playing on that date so I guess we wait from there. i would keep checking carnegie hall's site for any updates.

bbycrei
01-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Found another one on BT. An 89 show.
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=503640&viewcomm=258329#comm258329

The Birchmere
Alexandria, VA
November 10, 1989

Source: Soundboard Master Cassette > Nakamichi MR-1 > PCM > DAT
Transfer: Casio DA-7 > Tascam CD-RW 700 (pass through) >
M-Audio 24/96 > @ 24 Bit to Wavelab > to 16 bit CD WAVE > FLAC
Transfers and Seeded to bt.etree.net by Bill Koucky January 2007

Band:
Béla Fleck- Banjos
Howard Levy - Keyboards, Harmonica, Jew's Harp, Guiro
Victor Lemont Wooten - Bass
Roy Wooten – Synth-Axe/Drumitar

Disc 1 65:32
1st Set:
1. Frontiers
2. Flipper
3. Half Moon Bay
4. Band Intros
5. Emerald Falls
6. Calliente
7. Sunset Road
8. Béla’s Banjo Demo
9. Dueling Banjos (Béla & Victor)
10. The Message
11. Sinister Minister

Disc 2 33:21
2nd Set partial:
1. Jazz Improvisations >
2. Hurricane Camille
3. Untitled Latin Medley
4. Howard’s Harmonica Demo
5. Howard’s Solo
6. Béla talks about…
7. Mars Needs Women //

DMBTex10101
01-25-2007, 02:56 AM
Found another one on BT. An 89 show.
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=503640&viewcomm=258329#comm258329

The Birchmere
Alexandria, VA
November 10, 1989

That is a freaking spectacular show. I highly recommend everyone gets this one. There aren't many out from this time, but they are really something else.

Also for you bluegrass fans, there is a Strength In Numbers tape out on bt.etree.org as well:
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=503673

Crush87
01-26-2007, 12:41 AM
realizing how much i love poindexter right now...

DMBTex10101
01-26-2007, 10:05 AM
realizing how much i love poindexter right now...

Agreed. The album version with Jerry Douglas' Dobro work is simply phenomenal. I just wish he would guest on it a little more often on stage.

DMBTex10101
01-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Flecktone news - RSS??

Give it a whirl:
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/rss/feed.xml

jaguaracer
01-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Flecktone news - RSS??

Give it a whirl:
:upyours
Added to my start page.

DMBTex10101
01-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Added to my start page.

Lemme know if you find any problems, I'm new with this. It seems simple enough . . . but who knows.

mrchattr
01-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Lemme know if you find any problems, I'm new with this. It seems simple enough . . . but who knows.

For me it comes up weird, like it looks like I'm looking at the guts and programming of your website.

DMBTex10101
01-27-2007, 02:05 AM
For me it comes up weird, like it looks like I'm looking at the guts and programming of your website.

seriously?? What RSS reader do you use??

Jag, it works correctly for you right??

It looks great for me on both Google Reader & My Yahoo, but I haven't tested it on any others. Let me know which you are using so I can fix this little problem.

mrchattr
01-27-2007, 08:58 PM
seriously?? What RSS reader do you use??

Jag, it works correctly for you right??

It looks great for me on both Google Reader & My Yahoo, but I haven't tested it on any others. Let me know which you are using so I can fix this little problem.

I'm a fucking idiot. Ignore me. I just followed the link directly, didn't use an RSS reader.

DMBTex10101
01-28-2007, 04:02 AM
I'm a fucking idiot. Ignore me. I just followed the link directly, didn't use an RSS reader.

lol, no problem. Shit happens. This means no work on my end . . . woohoo!

bbycrei
01-31-2007, 10:52 AM
Listened to an old show on the archive today and it would be sweet to see Bela and Vic switch up instruments and play Sinister Minister, just like old times.

cfrancis
01-31-2007, 03:57 PM
I'll be hitting Syracuse, Ottawa and Montreal this year. Really buzzed! since I didn't get any shows last year.

cfrancis
01-31-2007, 03:58 PM
DATE CITY VENUE
2/1/07 Memphis , TN USA Orpheum Theater
2/2/07 Midwest City , OK USA Rose State College
2/3/07 Tulsa , OK USA Cain's Ballroom
2/5/07 St Louis , MO USA The Pageant
2/7/07 Durango , CO USA Fort Lewis College
2/8/07 Aspen , CO USA Belly Up Aspen
2/9/07 Avon , CO USA Vilar Center for the Arts at Beaver Creek
2/10/07 Denver , CO USA Paramount Theater
3/8/07 Lake Buena Vista , FL USA House of Blues
3/9/07 Sunrise , FL USA Langerado Festival Markham Park
3/13/07 Morelia , Mexico Teatro Morelia
3/14/07 Guadalahara , Mexico Teatro Diana
3/15/07 Monterey , Mexico Teatro de la Ciudad
3/16/07 Mexico City , Mexico Teatro de la Ciudad
3/17/07 Mexico City , Mexico Teatro de la Ciudad
3/20/07 Sao Paulo , Brazil Auditorio Ibirpuera
3/22/07 Santiago , Chile Teatro Municipal
3/23/07 Buenos Aries , Argentina Teatro Gran Rex
3/24/07 Cordoba , Argentina Sala Las Americas
3/31/07 Perth , Australia West Coast Blues & Roots Festival
4/3/07 Melbourne , Australia Corner Hotel
4/6/07 Byron Bay , Australia East Coast Blues & Roots Festival
4/7/07 Byron Bay , Australia East Coast Blues & Roots Festival
4/8/07 Portsea , Australia Point Nepean Festival
4/9/07 Sydney , Australia The Basement
4/10/07 Sydney , Australia The Basement
6/22/07 Telluride , CO USA Telluride Music Festival
6/27/07 Green Bay , WI USA University of Wisconsin
6/28/07 Chicago , IL USA Symphony Hall
6/29/07 Syracuse , NY USA Jazz Festival
6/30/07 New York , NY USA Carnegie Hall
7/1/07 Concord , NH USA Capitol Theater
7/3/07 Ridgefield , CT USA Ridgefield Playhouse
7/5/07 Montreal , Canada Montreal Jazz Festival
7/6/07 Ottawa , Canada Ottawa Blues Festival
7/7/07 Winnipeg , Canada Winnipeg Folk Festival
8/11/07 Cleveland Heights , OH USA Cain Park
8/31/07 Lowell , MA USA Boarding House Park
9/1/07 Freeport , ME USA Discovery Park
9/2/07 Charlestown , RI USA Ninigret Park

DMBTex10101
02-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Add another Grammy to Bela's list.

They won the Grammy for Best Contemporary Jazz Album!

Fan#41
02-11-2007, 08:59 PM

I still love the fact that Bela Fleck has been nominated in more different catagories than any other artist in the history of the grammy's.

sarge
02-12-2007, 12:07 PM

My brother saw BFFT in Aspen, CO this past weekend and said they were fucking amazing and that Wooten was on fire.

Fan#41
02-12-2007, 02:46 PM

My brother saw BFFT in Aspen, CO this past weekend and said they were fucking amazing and that Wooten was on fire.

Have you ever seen them, Scott?

sarge
02-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Have you ever seen them, Scott?
sadly no. :rant

and to clarify he saw them in Vail and not Aspen

Fan#41
02-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm pretty sure more tourdates will be announced for late this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see some dates in CA in the fall. Def go see them Scott.

sarge
02-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm pretty sure more tourdates will be announced for late this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see some dates in CA in the fall. Def go see them Scott.
100% I will.

mrchattr
02-12-2007, 03:19 PM
sadly no. :rant

and to clarify he saw them in Vail and not Aspen

Dude, that's a bummer. You have to see them. It's just a must.

sarge
02-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Dude, that's a bummer. You have to see them. It's just a must.
almost did Randall's last year. I should have.

shnick
02-12-2007, 05:14 PM

love it... they won the same grammy for live art

julio_havok
02-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Seeing them in São Paulo in March. I'm extremely excited. Too bad they'll do only one concert here in Brazil... :(

DMBTex10101
02-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Finally, a tape of the brand new song: Amber Jack.

And another more recent tape of Labyrinth (first recording since '03).

Great recording:
http://www.archive.org/details/bfft2007-02-10.dpa4027.flac16

The Great Inventor
02-15-2007, 11:27 AM
For valentine's day my girlfriend got me practically front row seats to see Bela and Chick on Monday. :rawk

Fan#41
02-15-2007, 01:55 PM
For valentine's day my girlfriend got me practically front row seats to see Bela and Chick on Monday. :rawk

You've got a good g/f. :upyours

DMBTex10101
02-15-2007, 07:18 PM
You've got a good g/f. :upyours

Agreed. I love it when my wife gets me tickets for any special occasion.

It's like the one thing she can count on that I will never return!

Can't wait to see Bela & Chick on 3/3.

BTW, I have an extra ticket to the DC show (3/3) if anyone is interested.

Fan#41
02-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Tex, you ever think about entering in more setlists for the archive?

DMBTex10101
02-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Tex, you ever think about entering in more setlists for the archive?

Well, I've been a little pressed for time as of late, and when I do have spare time, I can't bring myself to just enter stuff non-stop, but yeah, I'm always looking to update the archive. I actually have a nice list of shows that I haven't entered yet and a pretty nice stack of recordings I wanna listen to and grab the sets from . . . it's just a matter of will power.

On the other hand, do you have a setlist source I'm unaware of?? I've searched high and low and found a few places with a good amount of sets, but there are still several hundred missing.

Fan#41
02-15-2007, 07:37 PM
You know about this place, right?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wendell.norman/setlist.htm

DMBTex10101
02-15-2007, 07:42 PM
You know about this place, right?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wendell.norman/setlist.htm

Yeah, I actually had that place in mind for quite some time, then all of a sudden, the setlist link stopped working.

I emailed him a couple months ago and he finally responded and put it back up. So I'm kinda sifting through all of them, seeing what I can figure out. Some of the naming of the songs are a little wierd on some of the sets, and he has a lot of gaps in the sets that are on there. Once I get it all sorted out, I'll enter them all in there.

On the other hand, his list of shows (not sets) is impeccable. That's my most recent project is getting all the shows he has listed into the AiC, then I'm gonna work on the setlists.

Thanks though. It's a great resource, and he recently gave me permission to use any and all of it because he doesn't have time to keep his site updated anymore. So . . . next time I get a crazy feeling (and some time off) I plan on making some ginormous updates!

Fan#41
02-15-2007, 07:44 PM
If you need any help, I'd gladly enter in sets for AiC that are complete and right from wendel's page.

DMBTex10101
02-15-2007, 08:59 PM
If you need any help, I'd gladly enter in sets for AiC that are complete and right from wendel's page.

I'll shoot you an email when I get off work tomorrow morning,

For now, here's this show.
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=504257

Finally you guys should be able to relive all three nights. Something I was very very happy to do . . . and something I plan on doing over and over again!

Enjoy!!!

Fan#41
02-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Sounds great man, and that's a hot looking show.

julio_havok
02-15-2007, 10:36 PM
If ya want, Tex, I can send you the Brazil show set list after it happens (Mar 20th).

Fan#41
02-15-2007, 10:40 PM
http://www.archive.org/details/bfft1997-05-16.me40s.flac16

One of the best performances of Big Country. This whole shows is spectacular.

Fan#41
02-15-2007, 10:52 PM
This is one of my favorite solos ever taken by Victor Wooten:

VTKJqlt33Ss

lcause
02-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Agreed. I love it when my wife gets me tickets for any special occasion.

It's like the one thing she can count on that I will never return!

Can't wait to see Bela & Chick on 3/3.

BTW, I have an extra ticket to the DC show (3/3) if anyone is interested.

I might have to take you up on that... how much?

DMBTex10101
02-16-2007, 06:41 AM
If ya want, Tex, I can send you the Brazil show set list after it happens (Mar 20th).

That would be spectacular. Enjoy the show, I know they don't make it to your neck of the woods near as often as you'd like!

This is one of my favorite solos ever taken by Victor Wooten:

I love that freaking song. I've never seen a video of him doing it, so that was a great watch. Thank you very much.

I might have to take you up on that... how much?

I'll give ya a good price . . . I don't want it to go to waste. Just so you know, it's Bela Fleck & Chick Corea, not the Flecktones . . . just had to make that clear.

Shoot me an email DMBTex10101@archivesincowtown.org

Fan#41
02-16-2007, 07:10 AM
I love that freaking song. I've never seen a video of him doing it, so that was a great watch. Thank you very much.

I put the whole thing up in the youtube thread.

julio_havok
02-16-2007, 08:32 AM
That would be spectacular. Enjoy the show, I know they don't make it to your neck of the woods near as often as you'd like!

(...)

Yeah. :( I can't believe they're doing only one show here. I really hope they come back.

DMBTex10101
02-16-2007, 07:40 PM
4 More Flecktone dates:

And the closest they've ever been to my (old) home in TX and I won't even be able to go . . .

5/30/07 - Atlanta , GA USA - Botanic Gardens
5/31/07 - Mobile , AL USA - Civic Center
6/1/07 - New Orleans , LA USA - House of Blues
6/2/07 - Grand Prairie , TX USA - Nokia Theater

jaguaracer
02-16-2007, 07:52 PM
4 More Flecktone dates:

And the closest they've ever been to my (old) home in TX and I won't even be able to go . . .

5/30/07 - Atlanta , GA USA - Botanic Gardens
5/31/07 - Mobile , AL USA - Civic Center
6/1/07 - New Orleans , LA USA - House of Blues
6/2/07 - Grand Prairie , TX USA - Nokia Theater

yeah, I think I'll need to buy a car to go see them in Montreal or Ottawa if they don't stop by Toronto this summer, :rawk

Fan#41
02-16-2007, 08:39 PM
What's everyone's favorite solo project from each of the guys?

For me I'd say:

Bela - Perpetual Motion (Acoustic Planet a close second)

Jeff - Commonality

Vic - What Did He Say?

Futureman - His new Black Mozart project looks amazing.

Yessur
02-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey Brandon, way to reply to my text message earlier today... :lol

Fan#41
02-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey Brandon, way to reply to my text message earlier today... :lol

Oh snap, just saw it. :lol

Yessur
02-16-2007, 09:04 PM
only one I can send SC lyrics to. :lol

bbycrei
02-17-2007, 04:12 PM
I posted on the Flecktones site but I'll do this as well, if you have any shows in lossless that aren't up on the Archive, upload them to the archive, the more shows on there the better.

The Great Inventor
02-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Futureman - His new Black Mozart project looks amazing.

Anything beats the Seamless Script. :downyours
I saw him play with Coffin and Mu' Tet a couple months ago and told him I liked it.
He knew I was lying.

Fan#41
02-17-2007, 10:07 PM
His bent harmonics through his keyboards is such a new venture for music. At first listen it sounds so off, but that's kinda the point. To find those harmonic choices in between what we normally use and hear.

Not only is Futureman just a crazy bastard, but I strongly feel that he's a savant, and we won't truly recognize his genius for about 20 years.

DMBTex10101
02-19-2007, 06:20 AM
See the guys on Destination Wild February 13, 2007
February 19
"Destination Wild"
Fox Sports Channel
check your local time
Telluride, CO 2006

I know this is short notice, but I don't get this channel, and I don't even have anything to capture with, so would anyone be willing to capture this??

It would be very much appreciated!

The Great Inventor
02-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Just got back from the concert. They started promptly at 7:30 and finished the encore at 10:10. It was a great show at a beautiful auditorium that wasn't even half filled. Chick and Bela had a lot of fun and it was a really good crowd.
Here's the best of the setlist that I could gather:

Seńorita
Menagerie
????? This one of course was my favorite
Joban dna Poani
Some old timey banjo thing. It was a great tune.

Set II:
Spectacle
Children's song #6 or something
Sunset Road

Encore:
no idea

I'm sure I missed a song here or there, but it was a great show, and if you're going, you know you're in for some great music. :rawk

DMBTex10101
02-20-2007, 06:20 AM
Just got back from the concert. They started promptly at 7:30 and finished the encore at 10:10. It was a great show at a beautiful auditorium that wasn't even half filled. Chick and Bela had a lot of fun and it was a really good crowd.
Here's the best of the setlist that I could gather:

Seńorita
Menagerie
????? This one of course was my favorite
Joban dna Poani
Some old timey banjo thing. It was a great tune.

Set II:
Spectacle
Children's song #6 or something
Sunset Road

Encore:
no idea

I'm sure I missed a song here or there, but it was a great show, and if you're going, you know you're in for some great music. :rawk

Thank you very much for the info, and the setlist attempt. It is very much appreciated . . . and I can't freaking wait for them to hit D.C.! (which I still have an extra ticket to . . . anyone??)

DMBTex10101
02-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Found some Wooten Brothers tour information:
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/

Wooten News
February 18, 2007

Jeff is hitting the road with the Everyone Orchestra, Bela is touring with Chick Corea (and finishing up an album), but what are the two Wooten brothers up to?

Futureman Presents the Black Mozart:
2/14/07 - Two Rivers Mansion, Nashville, TN
2/21/07 - The Theatre at Patterson Park, Murfreesboro, TN
2/25/07 - "The Gathering of Families", The University School of Nashville, Nashville, TN
2/28/07 - Two Rivers Mansion, Nashville, TN
For more information on these shows, see rondiane.org

Also, Futureman and his string quartet appeared on the Woodsongs Old Time Radio Hour in early January. This performance is available to watch on the Woodsongs site, but also avaliable as a podcast. Check it out here.

Victor Wooten:
Vic just finished a clinic at Fort Lewis College in Colorado (2/7)
He also just finished Bass@TheBeach, presented by the Bass Extremes this past weekend (February 14-18) at the Ocean Dunes Resort in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

But now for some information you can actually USE . . . just not until May:
It seems the Victor Wooten Band will tour the west coast, again. Dates are slowly showing up:
5/2/07 - McDonald Theater, Eugene, OR
5/5/07 - El Rey, Los Angeles, CA

Mike Stern, Dennis Chambers, & Victor Wooten:
May 15, 16, and 17 - Blues Alley, Jazz Supper Club, Washington D.C.

And it looks like the Victor Wooten Band will be doing a full fledged European Tour in October: Click here for a small amount of info.

Finally, it looks like Vic will be showing up on Chick Corea's next DVD release. He spent some time doing gigs with Chick's Elektric Band last fall and it looks like it will make it to DVD in late 2007. Keep your eye out for this as it features a great list of talent including not only Chick & Vic, but David Weckl, Eric Marienthal, and Frank Gambale.
Click here for more info

I'll post more info as it becomes available.

DMBTex10101
02-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Oh and in case the info hasn't made it here, Bela & Chick are working to release an album in May. I got the info from Chick's site, here's the direct quote, from, I believe, Chick's manager on the inside scoop page. Not too much info, but food for thought:

"The hot scoop is that Bela and Chick are recording a duet CD together scheduled to be released in May ‘07. "

The Great Inventor
02-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Oh and in case the info hasn't made it here, Bela & Chick are working to release an album in May. I got the info from Chick's site, here's the direct quote, from, I believe, Chick's manager on the inside scoop page. Not too much info, but food for thought:

"The hot scoop is that Bela and Chick are recording a duet CD together scheduled to be released in May ‘07. "

I think they gave the specific date of March 22 last night.

Popeye2003
02-20-2007, 07:26 PM
I'M GOING TO SEE THEM MARCH 20 WOOHOO :rawk :rawk

Popeye2003
02-20-2007, 07:27 PM
I would if I knew their songs by name :lol

FishMonkeyMan
02-20-2007, 07:27 PM

youre going to be so bored dude they barely have any words...

and if any one of you thought i was serious then i really hate you people...

Popeye2003
02-20-2007, 08:05 PM

Oh shit I forgot about that. Maybe I should sell my plane and show tickets :(

DMBTex10101
02-20-2007, 10:25 PM
I would if I knew their songs by name :lol

They give have setlists written down on stage just like DMB does . . . that's your best bet.

Good to see ya man, how have you been??

mrchattr
02-20-2007, 11:02 PM

To be fair, my exact thought was "if he's serious then I really hate him...

Popeye2003
02-20-2007, 11:36 PM
They give have setlists written down on stage just like DMB does . . . that's your best bet.

Good to see ya man, how have you been??
I'll obviously have to try to get one.

Good to see ya too. I've been good, you?

DMBTex10101
02-21-2007, 12:13 AM
I'll obviously have to try to get one.

Good to see ya too. I've been good, you?

Great . . . busy as hell, but great none the less. I'm extremely happy for you, finally getting the Flecktones down there and all. Enjoy every second of it.

I also wanted to ask, are you going to have to drive much to get to the show?? I know Brazil is rather large, just curious if it's anywhere close to you.

Popeye2003
02-21-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm not driving. :D

DMBTex10101
02-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Another '07 show:
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=504437

julio_havok
02-21-2007, 08:13 PM

Me too! :P

Popeye2003
02-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Me too! :P
What seat have you got?

FishMonkeyMan
02-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Another '07 show:
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=504437

this is a sick show im listening now

DMBTex10101
02-22-2007, 05:09 PM
this is a sick show im listening now

I know, a great show. Sleeper is such a bad ass tune. I don't know if there is one that these guys do better live.

Oh and the new tune kicks some major ass too.

warehouseboy
02-22-2007, 05:15 PM
i live a mile away from the weidner center in green bay. are they worth going to see even if i don't recognize any material?

FishMonkeyMan
02-22-2007, 05:25 PM
I know, a great show. Sleeper is such a bad ass tune. I don't know if there is one that these guys do better live.

Oh and the new tune kicks some major ass too.

p'lod was my myspace tune for a while

Fan#41
02-22-2007, 05:39 PM
i live a mile away from the weidner center in green bay. are they worth going to see even if i don't recognize any material?

They're one of the most talented bands in the world. Once you see them perform with such precision and perfection, even without knowing the material beforehand...you'll walk away saying that was the best $35 you've spent in a while.

spruce
02-22-2007, 05:53 PM

Oh, you have to go, dude...It won't feel weird seeing them without knowing any material, at all. Trust us on this...during the show you'll see the format and it will be clear why going in knowing the stuff isn't really that important for seeing them... Hope you make it. :)

Popeye2003
02-22-2007, 07:27 PM
I love that I'm spending a lot less than you guys to see them :D

DMBTex10101
02-22-2007, 07:34 PM

I would highly recommend it. I had only listened a little before my first show, so I recognized maybe two or three songs. I left the show completely blown away, I must have talked about it for the next week or so, drove my girlfriend crazy.

Now I can't stop. It's something else to see them live. A completely different experience than something like a DMB show, these guys really know how to put on a show. Not just musically either, their stage antics are far more amusing than anything Dave could ever dream up.

Oh well, if you do go, stick around after and chat with them, they always come out after the show to sign autographs and answer questions.

warehouseboy
02-22-2007, 09:26 PM
thanks a lot. i will def. look into getting my hands on some tickets. :upyours

warehouseboy
02-22-2007, 09:46 PM
just checked ticket availability and for 80 bucks me and the mrs. could be in row K center on the floor. :nod
but then again they're not a country act or motley crue so they will never sell it out in GB. im not too worried about availability.

DMBTex10101
02-22-2007, 09:50 PM
just checked ticket availability and for 80 bucks me and the mrs. could be in row K center on the floor. :nod
but then again they're not a country act or motley crue so they will never sell it out in GB. im not too worried about availability.

You won't be disappointed. It's a damn good show.

I might suggest grabbing one of the '07 shows from bt.etree.org if you are worried about not knowing any song. But I promise, even if you don't recognize any of them, you'll still love it.

DMBTex10101
02-23-2007, 11:00 AM
A pretty nice review of the first Bela & Chick show:
http://www.belafleck.com/News/DAYTON~3.htm

Mentions the new album entitled "The Enchantment" Due out in May! And a lot of new song names . . . I'm excited for 3/3

bbycrei
02-24-2007, 12:04 AM
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=14199

If you have not picked that up, do it. Still going on strong for over a year and a half.

jaguaracer
02-24-2007, 03:24 PM
New Album (Fleck & Corea) is available for pre-order on amazon now.

Link (http://www.amazon.com/Enchantment-Chick-Corea/dp/B000NJL4WQ/sr=8-1/qid=1172348572/ref=sr_1_1/102-7214688-1580902?ie=UTF8&s=music[/url)

The Great Inventor
02-25-2007, 12:17 PM
A pretty nice review of the first Bela & Chick show:
http://www.belafleck.com/News/DAYTON~3.htm

Mentions the new album entitled "The Enchantment" Due out in May! And a lot of new song names . . . I'm excited for 3/3

Hell yes. "Mountain" is one of those songs that the first 1.5 seconds you hear you know it is an absolutely wonderful song. That one was probably my favorite. It's great. :hump

The Great Inventor
02-28-2007, 04:07 PM
God they make some amazing music.
l8vHjkHz7fI

DMBTex10101
02-28-2007, 04:47 PM
God they make some amazing music.
l8vHjkHz7fI

Agreed, that is one spectacular DVD.

jaguaracer
02-28-2007, 06:42 PM
album art for new album

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000NJL4WQ.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V43111004_.jpg

Fan#41
02-28-2007, 06:45 PM
I can't wait.

DMBTex10101
02-28-2007, 06:47 PM
I can't wait.

Me either.

Did you ever get my email? I think I sent it late last week.

jaguaracer
02-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Agreed, that is one spectacular DVD.

I don't think I've heard it :sad

DMBTex10101
02-28-2007, 07:12 PM
I don't think I've heard it :sad

Shoot me an email I'll help fix this :)

Fan#41
02-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Me either.

Did you ever get my email? I think I sent it late last week.

Yeah, I've been digging through my stuff first to find all the older Flecktones shows on tape before I emailed you back.

DMBTex10101
02-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I've been digging through my stuff first to find all the older Flecktones shows on tape before I emailed you back.

Nice, just wanted to make sure it made it.

The Great Inventor
02-28-2007, 08:57 PM
album art for new album

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000NJL4WQ.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V43111004_.jpg

I love it! :rawk

DMBTex10101
03-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Wow. I just got back from the Corea/Fleck show in D.C. and I must say that it was two of the finest hours of music I have ever experienced.

The set was full of new tunes with only a couple classics. I was a little unsure what to expect, but that didn't cause a problem at all. The set opened with Chick giving the Audience their list of rights. It was great to see him sarcastically telling everyone they can make and receive calls during the show, he won't mind, and telling everyone in the middle of each row that they should feel free to get up and leave as much as they like. It set the mood for the night. Aside from the amazing music, these two guys were generally just having a great time. Throwing jokes around, and the playful stage antics, it was all spectacular.

But after hearing a handful of these new songs (11 songs total, with 8 of them being from the new release), this album should be one of Bela's finest. From the opening "Senorita" to the "Waltz for Abby" to the final burst of energy (I think called "Spectacle"), they were all so well done. Both masters had their sheet music out attempting to keep up, but they always seemed to improvise themselves away from what was written down, often times just playing around, trading licks for several minutes before jumping back into the main melody.

I had a great time, and I highly recommend checking these two guys out. This tour is just about over, but there are another set of dates in the summer, don't miss them. Hopefully it won't be their last tour, but who knows.

Here's what I got for a set:

Set 1:
Senorita (not sure of the name)
Menagerie
Waltz for Abby
Joban Dna Nopia
????? (name not mentioned)

Set 2:
Brasil!
"Bela's take on a strange romance" (dunno the name)
Children's Song #6 (older Chick tune)
The Enchantment
Spectacle

Encore:
Sunset Road (jazzy version . . . good stuff)

DMBTex10101
03-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Oh yeah, and another '07 show showed up today:
http://www.archive.org/details/BFFT2007-02-05.SR77.V3.Flac16

The Longing, should be goooood.

mrchattr
03-04-2007, 02:44 AM
Shoot me an email I'll help fix this :)

What DVD is that? I've never even seen that!

mrchattr
03-04-2007, 02:45 AM
Wow. I just got back from the Corea/Fleck show in D.C. and I must say that it was two of the finest hours of music I have ever experienced.

The set was full of new tunes with only a couple classics. I was a little unsure what to expect, but that didn't cause a problem at all. The set opened with Chick giving the Audience their list of rights. It was great to see him sarcastically telling everyone they can make and receive calls during the show, he won't mind, and telling everyone in the middle of each row that they should feel free to get up and leave as much as they like. It set the mood for the night. Aside from the amazing music, these two guys were generally just having a great time. Throwing jokes around, and the playful stage antics, it was all spectacular.

But after hearing a handful of these new songs (11 songs total, with 8 of them being from the new release), this album should be one of Bela's finest. From the opening "Senorita" to the "Waltz for Abby" to the final burst of energy (I think called "Mountain"), they were all so well done. Both masters had their sheet music out attempting to keep up, but they always seemed to improvise themselves away from what was written down, often times just playing around, trading licks for several minutes before jumping back into the main melody.

I had a great time, and I highly recommend checking these two guys out. This tour is just about over, but there are another set of dates in the summer, don't miss them. Hopefully it won't be their last tour, but who knows.

Set 1:
Menagerie
Waltz for Abby
Joban Dna Nopia

Set 2:
Brasil!
The Enchantment
Mountain (I think this is the name of this one)

Encore:

Glad to hear you had a great time, man. That's awesome. Wish I could have made it there. I didn't realize you were in Alexandria. I always assumed you were in, well, Texas, until I got your email recently. I love Alexandria, the best man in my wedding lives down there!

DMBTex10101
03-04-2007, 09:33 AM
What DVD is that? I've never even seen that!

Some television show that aired about 5 years ago. It's got about 5 or 6 songs with Fleck/Meyer/Marshall. Plus several songs with Edgar doing classical music with the orchestra. A good show. Shoot me an email if you want a copy as well.

Fan#41
03-04-2007, 09:43 AM
You sure that wasn't '01, Tex?

DMBTex10101
03-04-2007, 09:47 AM

In all honesty, I have no clue. I just kinda of assumed it aired back when they were touring. You may be right. I haven't done my research on this one.

Fan#41
03-04-2007, 09:51 AM
I believe it was in early June, 2001, while the 'Tones were taking a break. PBS used to have a listing for artists that appeared on their programs and the specific dates.

DMBTex10101
03-04-2007, 09:52 AM

Boston Pops
Recorded June 1 01
Initial broadcast Aug 2 01
Edgar, Bela, Mike Marshall, with the Boston Pops (on some)

You win. I need to remember to look before I speak. Went ahead and fixed the post ;)

Fan#41
03-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Their(The Flecktones) Sessions At West 54th taping was on 8/13/98 at the Sony Studios.

bbycrei
03-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Their(The Flecktones) Sessions At West 54th taping was on 8/13/98 at the Sony Studios.

Great little show. I pop that one in every once in a while.

Fan#41
03-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Great little show. I pop that one in every once in a while.

I was actually lucky enough to be in attendance that night. After Big Country, the first asshole to go "..yeah!"...that was me. :loser

tbrown4
03-04-2007, 12:32 PM
I was there, Schoeps in the hat. Turned out decent. Working on it now:-)

But after hearing a handful of these new songs (11 songs total, with 8 of them being from the new release), this album should be one of Bela's finest. From the opening "Senorita" to the "Waltz for Abby" to the final burst of energy (I think called "Mountain"), they were all so well done. Both masters had their sheet music out attempting to keep up, but they always seemed to improvise themselves away from what was written down, often times just playing around, trading licks for several minutes before jumping back into the main melody.

Set 1:
Menagerie
Waltz for Abby
Joban Dna Nopia

Set 2:
Brasil!
The Enchantment
Mountain (I think this is the name of this one)

Encore:

DMBTex10101
03-04-2007, 12:58 PM

NO FREAKING WAY. You rock (as if there was ever a doubt).

Thanks a ton man, this will be great.

I actually got some video of Sunset Road and the last song of the set (Mountain?), the Sunset Road vid is terrible, but the other one was great. Somehow, while taking it from the Camera to my PC, it ended up gone. Deleted from the Camera, and nowhere to be found on the PC. It pissed me off, but this makes me happy!

jaguaracer
03-04-2007, 01:02 PM

That rocks. :upyours

tbrown4
03-04-2007, 02:50 PM
We're up.

16-bit: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34991
24-bit: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34992

DMBTex10101
03-04-2007, 02:57 PM
We're up.

16-bit: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34991
24-bit: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34992

Nice, thanks again!

DMBTex10101
03-04-2007, 04:45 PM
I just threw this up. I like the idea, plus when summer comes there will be a lot of shows out there . . . and I can't wait!:

Flecktone downloads - RSS
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/rss/tfeed.xml

Flecktone news - RSS

I like the idea of dreamingtree.org because it brings 90% of all DM related shows to one central location. It's annoying checking 10 different sites for shows, but I will continue to do it, because I'm obsessed like that.

tbrown4
03-04-2007, 06:01 PM
I just threw this up. I like the idea, plus when summer comes there will be a lot of shows out there . . . and I can't wait!:

Flecktone downloads - RSS
http://www.archivesincowtown.org/rss/tfeed.xml

Flecktone news - RSS

I like the idea of dreamingtree.org because it brings 90% of all DM related shows to one central location. It's annoying checking 10 different sites for shows, but I will continue to do it, because I'm obsessed like that.

Thanks a bunch. I'm hoping for some more dates around here.

tbrown4
03-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Nice, thanks again!

Did you grab any pics last night? If so, please share.

DMBTex10101
03-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Did you grab any pics last night? If so, please share.

I got a couple, but my camera doesn't have that great of a zoom function, so they weren't so great. I might post them anyways.

I did however just post one here: http://www.archivesincowtown.org

Not of Bela & Chick though because those didn't look too good.

DMBTex10101
03-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks a bunch. I'm hoping for some more dates around here.

The recording sounds spectacular. Thank you again.

tbrown4
03-05-2007, 04:34 PM
The recording sounds spectacular. Thank you again.

Glad you like!

bbycrei
03-09-2007, 06:47 PM
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35053&page=1&pp=15

More video of the Tones I haven't seen. Mostly the 3 man era.

Fan#41
03-09-2007, 07:11 PM
I wish the '94 BET Jazz performance was widely circulated. I had it on VHS along with some other rare 'Tones footage(TV spots, etc..) but then taped over it on accident.