PDA

View Full Version : Jason Mraz - Selection For Friends

Bartender
12-13-2006, 08:46 PM
http://www.jasonmraz.com/mraz2_0/index.php?=250981

Selections For Friends -

1) Welcome To Schubas : The E Minor EP in F Sharp (Jason plays the E Minor EP straight through without pause!) Running, Spinning, Eyes Open, On Love In Sadness, Dead End, Galaxy, Darkest Space (Schuba's)
2) Did You Get My Message? Audience Rehearsal (Schuba's)
3) Did You Get My Message? (Schuba's)
4) Snakes In Schubas (Schuba's)
5) Childlike Wildlike (Schuba's)
6) Welcome to Saratoga : Older Lover Undercover (Saratoga)
7) Sleeping To Dream (Saratoga)
8) God Rests In Reason (Saratoga)
9) Life Is Wonderful (Saratoga)
10) Did You Get My Message? (Saratoga)
11) Please Don't Tell Her (Saratoga)
12) Song For A Friend (Saratoga)
13) 10,000 Motherfuckers (Saratoga)

Atlantic recording artist Jason Mraz has unveiled details of his upcoming digital-only release, "SELECTIONS FOR FRIENDS." Recorded live in-concert during last July's acclaimed "songs for friends" tour, the 13-track collection will be available exclusively through Mraz's official website -- www.jasonmraz.com -- via Musicane ( www.musicane.com ), an online service that provides content creators and producers with the capability to market, virally distribute, and sell digital content directly from their own Web sites, blogs, and online social networks. "SELECTIONS FOR FRIENDS" will be released on Tuesday, December 12th.

The four-city "songs for friends" tour saw Mraz visiting intimate venues across the country to showcase new songs, classic favorites, and rarely played material from his early coffee shop days. "SELECTIONS FOR FRIENDS" gathers the San Diego-based troubadour's choice songs from his solo acoustic shows at Schubas Tavern in Chicago, as well as from his unplugged full band concert at Saratoga, California's Montalvo Winery.

The collection opens with a full-length performance of 2002's self-released "The E MINOR EP IN F," played continuously through as one song with no breaks. Among the many other highlights of "SELECTIONS FOR FRIENDS" is "God Rests In Reason," which features words by Khalil Gibran, marking the first time the legendary mystical poet's writings have been utilized by a modern songwriter.

Also featured are renditions of such little-heard Mraz classics such as "Childlike Wildlife" (from 1999's "A JASON MRAZ DEMONSTRATION"), "Older Lover Undercover" and "Sleeping To Dream" (both from 2002's "SOLD OUT (IN STEREO)"). "SELECTIONS FROM FRIENDS" is rounded out by performances of a number of tracks from Jason's most recent release, 2005's "MR. A-Z."

DMBZeppelin
12-13-2006, 11:10 PM
I was at both night's of Shubas

tokked13
12-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Did You get my Message 3 times! The fuckin' horrible. Scratch those and Please Don't Tell Her and you got on hell of an album.

DMBZeppelin
12-14-2006, 01:32 AM
Did You get my Message 3 times! The fuckin' horrible. Scratch those and Please Don't Tell Her and you got on hell of an album.
The rehersal isn't the full song. It's Jason telling the audience what to do before the song starts. The second one is a full band acoustic version as opposed to the solo one. It was Jason's call but I can't believe he didn't put the solo verison of Plane he did from the solo show. He did this kick ass whistle intro.

Bartender
12-14-2006, 11:32 AM
wow, that first song, the ep, is great. Very smooth

Buddy The Elf
12-14-2006, 11:43 AM
anyone download this yet...would love to hear it but I am not going to pay for it.