PDA

View Full Version : would anyone want to buy a TiVo (super huge HD!)

goldenmonkey
12-17-2006, 02:54 AM
Anyone? I'm thinking about getting rid of mine, i rarely use it, and just download all the TV i watch anyway nowadays...

it's a series 2, nearly brand new device - about 6 months old, a replacement they sent me when my old one of 4 years had overheating issues.

i recently upgraded the hard drive, put an 80 GB in it, i forget how many total hours it has, i think 150 on lowest quality, 60 or so on highest. but it has massive storage potential....

not really sure how much i'm looking to get for it. i think they go for $250 new... i'm thinking $150, and it includes the upgraded hard drive of course. (and, if you ever want to put an even bigger drive in, because i installed this one, it's that much easier, you need to buy a $30 kit for parts just to be able to install the new one.)

just thought i'd post it here, not sure if i'm allowed to even put it on ebay, since it's been messed with..

Buddy The Elf
12-17-2006, 02:09 PM
www.ebay.com

FishMonkeyMan
12-17-2006, 02:58 PM
why would anyone get rid of a tivo?

goldenmonkey
12-17-2006, 11:24 PM
www.ebay.com

really keith!? i never heard of that site!!! (thought i'd offer it here, save myself ebay fees, and i'm not sure if they allow modded ones)

why would anyone get rid of a tivo?

want to just get a comcast DVR. i rarely use my tivo, download most of my TV shows. comcast DVR is HD, a few dollars cheaper, and i can get rid of one of the many boxes on top of my TV.