PDA

View Full Version : IM IN UR XMAZ / GETTING A RAZR

hoopy frood
12-19-2006, 01:04 PM
from the parents, they got a deal at a verizon retailer for a set of them so i get one. should be getting here today--what should i know?

seriously, i have no control over picking this and i could really care if it is the worst phone ever. i have had the same 'okay so it answers and recieves calls but that is it' piece of shit phone for like 2 1/2 years, so i am just excited to get one with a camera. i just want to know if there is anything i should know/be careful of/watch out for.

Buddy The Elf
12-19-2006, 01:14 PM
i love my razr...best phone from cingular I have had in 7 years.
never drops a calls and is crystal clear.

dsera
12-19-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't know a single person other than you just now Keith that has ever liked the Razr phone. Crumbo, me, my friend Julie and at least 5-6 others I've talked to hate this thing. UGH.

dsera
12-19-2006, 01:16 PM
The camera sucks and the earpiece is worse. You have to position the phone just so on your ear to hear anything, even with the volume on the highest it goes.

Strugz10
12-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Get a bluetooth headset for driving. Just don't be one of those tools that walks around with the headset on all the time.

Buddy The Elf
12-19-2006, 01:24 PM
I don't know a single person other than you just now Keith that has ever liked the Razr phone. Crumbo, me, my friend Julie and at least 5-6 others I've talked to hate this thing. UGH.

maybe it is where I live. honestly I have never had a damn issue with the phone . yes the camera sucks but who the hell uses a damn cell phone to take pictures.

Crumbo
12-19-2006, 03:06 PM
the only good thing about the razr is its size

the rest of it blows

dsera
12-19-2006, 03:14 PM
maybe it is where I live. honestly I have never had a damn issue with the phone . yes the camera sucks but who the hell uses a damn cell phone to take pictures.
It's not the service or the area, the phone just plain sucks.... and I don't care about the camera, I didn't buy it for that feature, I'm just letting her know it sucks since she mentioned it. So there. :hi

Buddy The Elf
12-19-2006, 03:18 PM
It's not the service or the area, the phone just plain sucks.... and I don't care about the camera, I didn't buy it for that feature, I'm just letting her know it sucks since she mentioned it. So there. :hi

i am on my 2nd one..1st I washed with my jeans:boohoo and like i said the thing works amazing where I am...SO THERE:rant

CvillePong
12-19-2006, 03:30 PM

I will agree with this, but will also say that my previous Cingular phones were complete garbage.

If you're out in the country, it doesn't hold service well.

It has a good battery life. The camera is typical of a cell phone. You can't see the screen in direct sunlight.

Bluetooth is quite nice.

If you're coming from the Zach Morris era, you'll love the phone.

dsera
12-19-2006, 03:45 PM
I give up. I'm talking about the phone and you guys are talking about the cingular service. She doesn't even have cingular ya dolts!

Buddy The Elf
12-19-2006, 03:48 PM
I give up. I'm talking about the phone and you guys are talking about the cingular service. She doesn't even have cingular ya dolts!

listen bitch(says that in my nice guy voice)...i love the phone OM:bitchslap

dsera
12-19-2006, 03:52 PM
listen bitch(says that in my nice guy voice)...i love the phone OM:bitchslap
Well I'm happy you like the POS phone Keith. I truly am. But it still sucks. :hi

hoopy frood
12-19-2006, 05:44 PM
i have verizon, i live in manhattan (no car), and i don't have another camera so i was planning on using somewhat often as one. but i have no alternative camera, so it isn't a big deal if it sucks, really.

lude
12-20-2006, 02:34 AM
I think it's not that the RAZR is terrible, it's just that it's so damn expensive for a below average phone (ugly, outdated, is there a word for unergonomical, and that all before you have to turn it on). Anyway, just treat it like you would anything else that was worth a few hun and you'll be all good. It's usually the people who go ''OOOH FREE PHONE on a 3 year contract'' that wreck it.

Strugz10
12-20-2006, 09:59 AM
I think it's terrible that phone companys still make you wait two years for a new phone. With the way technology is changing almost monthly (it seems like) we should have the option to get an upgrade sooner.

I know we can pay full price for a new phone whenever we want, but these phones aren't cheap.

hoopy frood
12-20-2006, 11:41 AM
i don't really care about upgrading, i don't need anything new or fancy at this point--just functional and small enough that i can put it in my pocket if i need too.

although i am totally pissed at the post office, it was supposed to get here yesterday. fuck you, overnight shipping. you do not fulfill your existence requirements.

dsera
12-20-2006, 11:43 AM
i don't really care about upgrading, i don't need anything new or fancy at this point--just functional and small enough that i can put it in my pocket if i need too.

although i am totally pissed at the post office, it was supposed to get here yesterday. fuck you, overnight shipping. you do not fulfill your existence requirements.
Be sure and use it for a month or so and the look this thread up and let everyone know I was right, would you? ;)

Jack
12-20-2006, 11:48 AM
IM IN UR POCKETZ
DROPPIN UR CALLZ

Strugz10
12-20-2006, 12:21 PM
IM IN UR POCKETZ
DROPPIN UR CALLZ

Sad rea;;y

bsan83
12-20-2006, 01:03 PM
I like it a lot, but I text message a fair amount, and the size of the screen and keys is really great for that. Antenna is okay; I get better reception than my last LG phone anyway.

Naediel
12-20-2006, 01:13 PM
The LG VX8600 from Verizon is awesome.

lude
12-20-2006, 09:23 PM
I think it's terrible that phone companys still make you wait two years for a new phone. With the way technology is changing almost monthly (it seems like) we should have the option to get an upgrade sooner.

I know we can pay full price for a new phone whenever we want, but these phones aren't cheap.I agree. Especially with a locked CDMA provider. I end up just complaining about my phone until they offer me a new phone so they can keep my whining ass around.

DMBCLSTJ
12-20-2006, 10:03 PM
My razr sucked. Camera stopped working 3 months into getting the phone, the speaker volume was too low and the backlight was shot.

I opted to get the new Samsung 509, great phone, not one problem yet

Minarets
12-20-2006, 11:52 PM

pretty much says my thoughts right there while i had it. moved on to a smartphone, but the Razr was a great phone for me

hoopy frood
12-22-2006, 12:55 PM
it's okay so far... i can't find a bunch of functions yet. and the standard ringtone selection is pretty slim--no crappy midi version of auld lang syne? wtf kind of phone is this?

i like that it is small, and it is much better for texting than my old one. i am really enjoying having a sweet camera with me when i see random ass weird stuff in the city. kind of awkward to hold and talk into, but i will probably figure out a better way of holding it eventually.

dsera
12-22-2006, 01:53 PM
it's okay so far... i can't find a bunch of functions yet. and the standard ringtone selection is pretty slim--no crappy midi version of auld lang syne? wtf kind of phone is this?

i like that it is small, and it is much better for texting than my old one. i am really enjoying having a sweet camera with me when i see random ass weird stuff in the city. kind of awkward to hold and talk into, but i will probably figure out a better way of holding it eventually.
Katey, once you get more familiar with it, if you have or get a data cable to hook it to the computer, let me know. I have a great program for you to add your own mp3s, pictures, etc on it. :)

Buddy The Elf
12-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Katey, once you get more familiar with it, if you have or get a data cable to hook it to the computer, let me know. I have a great program for you to add your own mp3s, pictures, etc on it. :)

umm hello:hi

dsera
12-22-2006, 11:11 PM
umm hello:hi
hello :hi

Strugz10
12-23-2006, 01:21 AM
Motorola Phone Tools?

dsera
12-23-2006, 01:26 AM
Motorola Phone Tools?
No, that software sucks.

Strugz10
12-23-2006, 02:13 AM
:(

Buddy The Elf
12-23-2006, 10:28 AM
hello :hi

i could use a cool program for my kick ass razr:banana

lude
12-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Now here's a phone that's worth getting excited about:
10 megapixal camera phone (http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/09/live-from-cebit-samsungs-sch-b600-10-megapixel-cameraphone/)

dsera
12-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Now here's a phone that's worth getting excited about:
10 megapixal camera phone (http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/09/live-from-cebit-samsungs-sch-b600-10-megapixel-cameraphone/)
Now that is cool!

lude
12-26-2006, 02:10 AM
so you wanna lend me $1300 then?

dsera
12-26-2006, 08:36 AM
so you wanna lend me $1300 then?
Yeah I'll get right on that.

hoopy frood
12-26-2006, 12:52 PM

:hump nice!

do the files HAVE to be in windows media format? i got that impression from the 5 pages of the instruction manual i skimmed.

dsera
12-26-2006, 04:14 PM
:hump nice!

do the files HAVE to be in windows media format? i got that impression from the 5 pages of the instruction manual i skimmed.
Nope, they do not. I drag mp3s directly to mine.

Naediel
12-26-2006, 10:59 PM

BitPim? That is what I use for my Verizon phone.

hoopy frood
12-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Nope, they do not. I drag mp3s directly to mine.

i want to sex you up so hard right now.

don't tell brandon.

dsera
12-27-2006, 12:37 PM
i want to sex you up so hard right now.

don't tell brandon.
He'd probably want to watch. ;)