PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever...

akleiner34
12-20-2006, 02:29 AM
... feel as if everything is just passing you by and your getting older and older and your opportunities are dwindling and your good chances are as fleeting as the good moments are?

I mean sometimes, and I am only 23, it just feels like I've gotten past fun and life just keeps slowly getting worse.

Maybe it is just me.

Buddy The Elf
12-20-2006, 07:12 AM
i have no idea where the last year of my life went. Went from living with my gf in Boston to us now both living at home in CT while we look for a house. Been home for 6 months now and it feels like we just left Boston.. I am on and off about my current job and know I can be making more doing something that is better for me but I am comfortable. oh well I guess I should be happy for what I have an enjoy it!

Jack
12-20-2006, 09:54 AM
"I was dreaming that I was young, like I mean children
Under the table in my home I dreamt 'cause hours they took so long,
But lately the time is short, the years they fly by,
And leaves me to worry maybe mine is done before I'm through."
-two step intro 12-31-96

My dad always told me time got shorter as I got older, and it always made sense, but I never thought about it much. However, in the last year or two time has really taken off. Weeks and months go by like nothing. I can't believe I am 27, and the last ten years since high school have literally disappeared.

Strugz10
12-20-2006, 09:59 AM
That's deep man.

bbycrei
12-20-2006, 10:04 AM
I only graduated from college in May and then started a job in June. The summer and everything after just flew by. There really isn't much going on aside from work (except in the summer). It's almost once you get home, you eat, relax for a few and then bam sleep for the next day of the same. The lack of free time is what is really bothering me and yes I agree with the not really having fun thing. Work is work but with little time to do anything when you are free, what is left to do?

Jack
12-20-2006, 10:28 AM
... feel as if everything is just passing you by and your getting older and older and your opportunities are dwindling and your good chances are as fleeting as the good moments are?

I mean sometimes, and I am only 23, it just feels like I've gotten past fun and life just keeps slowly getting worse.

Maybe it is just me.

So the graduations hang on the wall
But they never really helped us at all
No they never taught us what was real
Iron and coke
And chromium steel
And we're waiting here in Allentown

you need to buy a bottle of scotch and put Piano Man on repeat. This post tells me you are at about the period where you will start to think it is the best song ever written.

taylordb
12-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Well, being the official "old guy" of the bunch I can say that life does go by faster and faster with each year. But life is what you make of it. And life takes work. If you want to have more fun, then you have to work at that....which means time management. It can be done. I certainly don't do a good job of it myself, but it can be done.

Life is not a rehersal.
Once a day is done, it is done; there is no getting it back.
Don't burn the day.

akleiner34
12-20-2006, 11:04 AM
So the graduations hang on the wall
But they never really helped us at all
No they never taught us what was real
Iron and coke
And chromium steel
And we're waiting here in Allentown

you need to buy a bottle of scotch and put Piano Man on repeat. This post tells me you are at about the period where you will start to think it is the best song ever written.

:lol:lol:lol

I am actually a big fan of Irish whiskey,

Jack
12-20-2006, 11:19 AM
:lol:lol:lol

I am actually a big fan of Irish whiskey,

even better.

treat yourself to a bottle of John Powers and really listen to that song. It's completely perfect, and even though you've heard it a million times, after a few cocktails and your recent revelations about life, it will take on a much more potent meaning for you.

shnick
12-21-2006, 10:50 PM
i think about this all the time... i'm 24, been out of college a year and a half, and my life consists of living in boston and working during the week (thats it), and going out to the bars on the weekends. i know i could be much happier if i were to move out west and live at a ski resort, and i'm considering doing it next year. i know it requires me possibly putting my career on hold (though i'd try and do what i'm doing now at a ski resort), but i'm young and i want to enjoy my life while i'm relatively young and still can. this is something that i've dwelled on more and more since i started working

Crumbo
12-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Well, being the official "old guy" of the bunch I can say that life does go by faster and faster with each year. But life is what you make of it. And life takes work. If you want to have more fun, then you have to work at that....which means time management. It can be done. I certainly don't do a good job of it myself, but it can be done.

Life is not a rehersal.
Once a day is done, it is done; there is no getting it back.
Don't burn the day.

:coolguy

exactly