PDA

View Full Version : hey tapers...

groove merchant
12-21-2006, 01:10 AM
a friend of mine turned me on to this.

Zoom H4 digital recorder
2 studio quality condenser mics (built in with wind screen)
2 phantom external mic connections x/y
compression,limiting,and mic modeling
all 24 bit/96kHz resolution
2GB card givess 380 minutes of CD quality recording or 34 hours of mp3 format
USB interface
4 hours of continuous recording
tri-pod
AC adapter

also:
4 track recorder
guitar and bass modeling

Audio interface
comes with cubase LE a 48 track digital audio work station to edit,mix,and master your recordings. windows or mac.

just a little info but this thing sounds solid. anyone come across this thing yet?

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1901

Buddy The Elf
12-21-2006, 07:22 AM
ok?

Jack
12-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Sony makes something like that. They are pretty useless for live aud recording.

Buddy The Elf
12-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Sony makes something like that. They are pretty useless for live aud recording.

:lol Don't break his heart. he was already to pull some killer tapes next summer

Crumbo
12-21-2006, 10:23 AM
:lol Don't break his heart. he was already to pull some killer tapes next summer

source: handheld Zoom 4

Buddy The Elf
12-21-2006, 10:40 AM
source: handheld Zoom 4

i just pissed my pants:lol

groove merchant
12-21-2006, 10:55 AM
i wasnt trying to sell you people on this thing. i played with one and thought it was kinda cool...thought i would share. i have no plans on taping. why you ass fucks need to talk shit i dont know.

Buddy The Elf
12-21-2006, 11:02 AM
i wasnt trying to sell you people on this thing. i played with one and thought it was kinda cool...thought i would share. i have no plans on taping. why you ass fucks need to talk shit i dont know.

:lol this kid is solid gold

CvillePong
12-21-2006, 11:06 AM

:lol :lol :lol

TheGrazingSnail
12-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Its been used for taping by people before. It isn't the best made piece of equipment but it'll do the job.

Buddy The Elf
12-21-2006, 11:08 AM
So Groover were you hoping that none of the tapers knew about this and you were posting something ground breaking?

mrpeters
12-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Its been used for taping by people before. It isn't the best made piece of equipment but it'll do the job.

any mic could be used to "do the job" but if it sounds like you recorded it on a fisher price tape deck, its a waste of your time and money

Buddy The Elf
12-21-2006, 03:04 PM
this thread bring the lolZ in so many ways

Phan
12-21-2006, 04:47 PM
nice to see this kid who has been "seeing dmb since 92" is still tarding the place up

Buddy The Elf
12-21-2006, 05:28 PM
nice to see this kid who has been "seeing dmb since 92" is still tarding the place up

word on the street is this kid has a few screws loose in his head...big shocker there eh:lol

Phan
12-21-2006, 05:29 PM
word on the street is this kid has a few screws loose in his head...big shocker there eh:lol

I'll believe it when I see burned shit come to TEEFS in the mail

TheGrazingSnail
12-21-2006, 06:49 PM
any mic could be used to "do the job" but if it sounds like you recorded it on a fisher price tape deck, its a waste of your time and money

I was referring to the Zoom h4, it does a fine job.

Buddy The Elf
12-21-2006, 07:05 PM
I'll believe it when I see burned shit come to TEEFS in the mail

ouch dude:lol

SurferX
12-24-2006, 11:10 AM
The H4 is pretty good, but I'll stick with my PCM-D1 thank you...It's got much better sound quality, and it's more durable.

dmbowns
12-24-2006, 01:31 PM
all he was asking was if it was good or not.

but the expert tapers here tweak.

Mersh
12-24-2006, 02:49 PM
all he was asking was if it was good or not.

but the expert tapers here tweak.

I really didn't get why people were being assholes either. The guy was asking about something, but rather than giving advice tapers jumped on him.

dmbowns
12-24-2006, 02:54 PM
I really didn't get why people were being assholes either. The guy was asking about something, but rather than giving advice tapers jumped on him.

It was completely unecessary. Even for this place.

Mersh
12-24-2006, 02:57 PM
It was completely unecessary. Even for this place.

I understand that some people may not like the kid, but sometimes the bullying gets old (when he wasn't being a prick)...even I'm saying it. I mean people complained about it when the MCers were doing it, but now its ok?

the next time I see "give tapers more respect you ungrateful asses" I'll think of this thread. (no wink icone here)

ethaxton
12-24-2006, 04:17 PM
I understand that some people may not like the kid, but sometimes the bullying gets old (when he wasn't being a prick)...even I'm saying it. I mean people complained about it when the MCers were doing it, but now its ok?

the next time I see "give tapers more respect you ungrateful asses" I'll think of this thread. (no wink icone here)

Yeah, pretty ridiculous replies in this thread.

dmbowns
12-24-2006, 06:12 PM

Completely agree...

And completely agree. Not much to add because that's exactly how I feel.

It's not like the kid came into the thread all "holy shit my tapes are better than all yours with my sweet ass new equipment blah blah blah", he just asked if it was good or not.

groove merchant
12-24-2006, 10:30 PM
thanks for the back up,folks. for the record this kid is 32 and has all his screws...ill be sure and sport the groove merchant shirt for the 07 tour. you children who wish to run the mouth please find me at a show near you and we will see if the mouth mouth fits the face.

and yes i thought it did a great job recording in the home studio. the sony version is very nice and very spendy.

oh and before the little boys around here claim board threats are lame...there is no threat just a reminder that you cant hide behind that computer for ever. Never have i started shit with the dmb board celebs(what a joke) around here...simply replied to their over the top mouth running (see this thread)