PDA

View Full Version : Quick submits (ALT+S) in Fx2

JamSession v2.0
01-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Is there a hack so that the quick submit (ALT+S) works in Firefox 2? It brings up my history every time I do it.

lude
01-06-2007, 09:01 PM
and in opera

dsera
01-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Firefox 2 users just need to change the default option. To do so, follow these instructions. NOTE: I am not responsible for your fucking this up so only do this if you plan to follow directions. ;)

Type in "about:config" on the address bar and find these two values: ui.key.chromeAccess and ui.key.contentAccess. Change as listed:

ui.key.chromAccess - default value is 4, change to 5
ui.key.contentAccess - default value is 5, change to 4

Restart Firefox. I just tested this and it worked here perfectly. If you don't think you want to mess with the config file, you can change your habit and do either Shift + Alt + S or Tab then Enter. (The Shift + Alt + S won't work if you change the config file)

JamSession v2.0
01-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Thanks Cristina!

Strugz10
02-12-2007, 04:48 PM
THANK YOU!

dsera
02-12-2007, 04:54 PM
THANK YOU!
See, I'm not so bad, Geoff. :hi

sarge
02-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Firefox 2 users just need to change the default option. To do so, follow these instructions. NOTE: I am not responsible for your fucking this up so only do this if you plan to follow directions. ;)

Type in "about:config" on the address bar and find these two values: ui.key.chromeAccess and ui.key.contentAccess. Change as listed:

Restart Firefox. I just tested this and it worked here perfectly. If you don't think you want to mess with the config file, you can change your habit and do either Shift + Alt + S or Tab then Enter. (The Shift + Alt + S won't work if you change the config file)
where do you find all these hacks

dsera
02-12-2007, 08:15 PM
where do you find all these hacks
I just search a few tech sites for whatever the problem/subject is.

sarge
02-12-2007, 08:54 PM
I just search a few tech sites for whatever the problem/subject is.
nerd ;)

dsera
02-12-2007, 09:17 PM
nerd ;)
:nod

Strugz10
02-13-2007, 11:35 AM
See, I'm not so bad, Geoff. :hi

I hated losing this feature when I moved to Firefox 2.0, but now I'm very happy! :banana

TheNoise
03-06-2007, 02:35 PM

Restart Firefox. I just tested this and it worked here perfectly. If you don't think you want to mess with the config file, you can change your habit and do either Shift + Alt + S or Tab then Enter. (The Shift + Alt + S won't work if you change the config file):jawdrop

you = amazing