PDA

View Full Version : New threads/posts stay bolded + icon even when i come back

Mike VDH
01-28-2007, 01:31 AM
This is hard to describe but everytime I come here the same threads are bolded even though they no longer have new activity since the last time I was here. UFCK works like it and there has to be a way for this place to do it as well.

Anyone know what I'm trying to say?

Mike VDH
02-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Anyone have any idea of what I'm talking about?

dsera
02-11-2007, 06:24 PM
So you're wanting threads to go read when you leave the site/close your browser even if you didn't read them?

mrchattr
02-12-2007, 04:06 AM
So you're wanting threads to go read when you leave the site/close your browser even if you didn't read them?

I don't know if it's what he's talking about or not, but I have noticed something similar, if not the same, so I'll describe what I've noticed, and we'll see if it helps...

Sometimes, when I come back to the main page of either DMBc or nDMBc or whatever, the threads that I have already posted in are bolded, even when there's no new activity (sometimes I'm actually the last post, yet it's still bold). Other times, there will be threads that aren't bold, that I haven't opened in a while, if at all.

dsera
02-12-2007, 07:11 AM
I don't know if it's what he's talking about or not, but I have noticed something similar, if not the same, so I'll describe what I've noticed, and we'll see if it helps...

Sometimes, when I come back to the main page of either DMBc or nDMBc or whatever, the threads that I have already posted in are bolded, even when there's no new activity (sometimes I'm actually the last post, yet it's still bold). Other times, there will be threads that aren't bold, that I haven't opened in a while, if at all.
That's very odd. I've not had this happen here. I'm not even sure what would cause that, if it's you or the vbulletin.

Mike VDH
02-14-2007, 01:10 AM

Yes.

When I come back to ufck later in the day, the only threads which are bolded are those that have new posts in them and new threads altogether since the last time I was on the board.

Here, threads pretty much all stay bolded unless I open them.

roshea999
02-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Yes.

When I come back to ufck later in the day, the only threads which are bolded are those that have new posts in them and new threads altogether since the last time I was on the board.

Here, threads pretty much all stay bolded unless I open them.

i suggest you update your sig, goober

and tell emily to post more

Mike VDH
02-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Anyone have a solution?

This forum was still marked unread despite no new posts since 2/14.

dsera
02-19-2007, 06:02 PM
There's not a solution, it's the way the board is set up. Sorry!

Crumbo
02-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Anyone have a solution?

This forum was still marked unread despite no new posts since 2/14.

before you log off hit mark all forums read

sarge
02-20-2007, 11:52 AM
before you log off hit mark all forums read
Crumbo to the rescue

Emily
02-21-2007, 12:33 AM
i suggest you update your sig, goober

and tell emily to post more
Ask and you shall receive.

That doesn't work with EVERYthing you ask for, however. :nono

kern