this sounds like it could be any big band. not necessarily dmb

Its been said it is DMB

deedisdone81
01-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Would be awesome if true!

Dheibs
01-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Its been said it is DMB

hmm. if thats the case ill make the trip down if it actually happens.

Moses
01-12-2008, 09:02 PM
It was this time of year the Wrigley rumors started so I think that makes sense.
05 was SBC
06 Fenway
07 was supposed to be Wrigley, but of course since they are affiliated with the Cubs they have awful luck and are just losers in general. So in
08, Busch baby.

gemma
01-12-2008, 09:02 PM
You didn't 'birth this rumor'. It was on ants yesterday.

http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=211216

But whatever, I'll be there.

EClayton08
01-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Better hope to sit close or it'll probably sound like shit.

Moses
01-12-2008, 09:03 PM

I don't read Ants. But I've been hearing stuff about this well before the radio comments.

RB3
01-12-2008, 09:05 PM

Laying down the law, no big deal

Moses
01-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Better hope to sit close or it'll probably sound like shit.

Clayton your coming dude.

willndmb
01-12-2008, 09:07 PM

lol the local radio station is looking to hire local crew so they talked about it on the air
surrrre

RB3
01-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Oh and the Cards suck

Moses
01-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Oh and the Cards suck

100 years
Cards - 10
Cubs - 0

hey im sure that division crown was nice though.

RB3
01-12-2008, 09:14 PM
100 years
Cards - 10
Cubs - 0

hey im sure that division crown was nice though.
It was, thanks

Moses
01-12-2008, 09:15 PM
It was, thanks

hey its a friendly rivalry. you know

deedisdone81
01-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Off topic, cards got troy glaus for scott rolen, i think we got the shitty side of that trade.

Moses
01-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Off topic, cards got troy glaus for scott rolen, i think we got the shitty side of that trade.

meh its an alright deal. i wish scotty the best and hope he beats our ass when we see him. he busts his ass and got a bad rep through the tony thing.

and also scotty is a huge dmb fan. i think he said he's seen 15 plus shows in an interview one time. im suree he'll be bummed he wont be here to see this

deedisdone81
01-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Glaus used steroids, averages about 260 per season in batting average, though could put up over 30 hr. He is not as great a defensive third baseman either.

EClayton08
01-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Glaus used steroids, averages about 260 per season in batting average, though could put up over 30 hr. He is not as great a defensive third baseman either.

its not like Cards are competing for the central in the next several years anyway.

FoCo
01-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Radiohead at riverport and dmb at busch stadium. It's going to be a great summer in stl.

sdaltons
01-13-2008, 12:54 AM
its not like Cards are competing for the central in the next several years anyway.
omg this is liek totally the year the cubs pull it off!!! i know we say that every year but we SOOOOOO mean it this year! the 100 year anniversary of our last championship is sure to be the year!!!

sdaltons
01-13-2008, 12:55 AM
just kidding clayton. and i like the trade. we had to move rolen. we had to get something decent in return. i'm glad he's not in the division (i'd have hated facing him against the brewers) and i wish him the best of luck. glaus is definitely a downgrade defensively, but at least he's some fresh blood and can still hit, even if he is on roids. i'm just sick of the whole la russa/rolen feud.

sdaltons
01-13-2008, 12:57 AM
oh and if this rumor turns out to be true, moses, deedisdone81, and sdaltons are getting seats together.

and moses ask lamping why he stopped emailing me. we had a nice thing going where he was trying to help me find a job in statistics, but then he just stopped. so now i'm an accountant at lumiere place.

deedisdone81
01-13-2008, 01:00 AM
oh and if this rumor turns out to be true, moses, deedisdone81, and sdaltons are getting seats together.

and moses ask lamping why he stopped emailing me. we had a nice thing going where he was trying to help me find a job in statistics, but then he just stopped. so now i'm an accountant at lumiere place.

Oh yea! Hows the Lumier Place, I've been meaning to check it out,

sdaltons
01-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Oh yea! Hows the Lumier Place, I've been meaning to check it out,
i think its pretty amazing, but i'm not a gambler so i don't really have anything to compare it to. you should definitely check it out some time.

EClayton08
01-13-2008, 01:33 AM
just kidding clayton. and i like the trade. we had to move rolen. we had to get something decent in return. i'm glad he's not in the division (i'd have hated facing him against the brewers) and i wish him the best of luck. glaus is definitely a downgrade defensively, but at least he's some fresh blood and can still hit, even if he is on roids. i'm just sick of the whole la russa/rolen feud.

Nah I'm not trying to be an ass with saying the Cards won't compete next several years, but with everything happening in the Central, they really can't. Cubs getting a new owner who will spend money, Brewers can compete next several years, Reds improving. Cards haven't done one this this offseason to improve, Glaus and Rolen is a wash I think with Glaus coming off of surgery and history of injuries.

sdaltons
01-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Nah I'm not trying to be an ass with saying the Cards won't compete next several years, but with everything happening in the Central, they really can't. Cubs getting a new owner who will spend money, Brewers can compete next several years, Reds improving. Cards haven't done one this this offseason to improve, Glaus and Rolen is a wash I think with Glaus coming off of surgery and history of injuries.
oh i know the cardinals don't have a real shot this year. i'm a fan, but i can pretty much already see the writing on the wall. but...

if matt clement shows he's healthy
if troy glaus shows he's healthy
if mark mulder recovers fast and returns to form
if some guys like joel piniero build on their success from last year
if rick ankiel continues to improve at the plate
if cesar izturis wakes up one day, suddenly knowing how to hit
if adam kennedy bounces back from a crappy year
if the team makes one or two more solid moves (another OF and another solid starter or reliever, maybe)

then MAYBE the cardinals will be right in it near the top of the division come september.

possibly. :lol

Dheibs
01-13-2008, 05:05 AM
you know, as a cubs fan. we may have the worst luck every. the whole "curse" is a joke in my opinion but god damn we are the best fans and love our cubbies. shout out to everyone on sheffield and addison. and i wont go out on a limb and say this is our year cause it never has worked. fuck busch stadium by the way. wrigley wouldve been 100x better. but of course everything is about money these days and wrigleys capacity wont come close to anywhere else

Tambourine Man
01-13-2008, 08:16 AM

awesome, obviously getting a room together is a given. :gay

sdaltons
01-13-2008, 09:35 AM
you know, as a cubs fan. we may have the worst luck every. the whole "curse" is a joke in my opinion but god damn we are the best fans and love our cubbies. shout out to everyone on sheffield and addison. and i wont go out on a limb and say this is our year cause it never has worked. fuck busch stadium by the way. wrigley wouldve been 100x better. but of course everything is about money these days and wrigleys capacity wont come close to anywhere else
you know they tried to do wrigley LAST YEAR, right? once that fell through, you just figured there's always next year, didn't you? typical cubs fan mentality! new busch is two years old and its already been home to a world series champion. how many is wrigley up to now? :lol

of course i'm just joking with you, i love cubs fans.

sdaltons
01-13-2008, 09:36 AM
awesome, obviously getting a room together is a given. :gay
well we are all living in st. louis, so why would we need a room?

but i confess, yes, obviously. hotelumiere here we come.

Moses
01-13-2008, 11:23 AM

haha. yeah we should all get together at the show so we can just soak in the glory.

late last night, i actually had to remind myself that this actually is happening baring any dave babies like wrigley last year.

Moses
01-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Radiohead at riverport and dmb at busch stadium. It's going to be a great summer in stl.

my thoughts exactly.

EClayton08
01-13-2008, 12:34 PM
oh i know the cardinals don't have a real shot this year. i'm a fan, but i can pretty much already see the writing on the wall. but...

if matt clement shows he's healthy
if troy glaus shows he's healthy
if mark mulder recovers fast and returns to form
if some guys like joel piniero build on their success from last year
if rick ankiel continues to improve at the plate
if cesar izturis wakes up one day, suddenly knowing how to hit
if adam kennedy bounces back from a crappy year
if the team makes one or two more solid moves (another OF and another solid starter or reliever, maybe)

then MAYBE the cardinals will be right in it near the top of the division come september.

possibly. :lol

so the Cards are banking on a rotation of Clement, Mulder, Piniero? Oh wow, thats like Cubs relying on Wood and Prior in 04 and 05, but having very very high upside on what they were relying on. At least Cards payroll isn't that high for what they are fielding.

deedisdone81
01-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Payroll is roughly 100 million. I could say I used to be a really solid cards fan, not so much anymore. I've kinda got too frustrated with the direction the team has went, and with the loyal cards fans, they have not kept up thier bargain and put together a great team to watch. We are relying on the 'IF' factor. If this, If that, you can't do that, especially with a franchise, I feel we will be towards the bottom of the division this year, and things could look up with more free agents being available in 09. On another side note, They were talking on one of the local radio shows of how cool a Blackhawks/Blues game would be outdoors at Soldier Field in Winter Classic.

Moses
01-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Payroll is roughly 100 million. I could say I used to be a really solid cards fan, not so much anymore. I've kinda got too frustrated with the direction the team has went, and with the loyal cards fans, they have not kept up thier bargain and put together a great team to watch. We are relying on the 'IF' factor. If this, If that, you can't do that, especially with a franchise, I feel we will be towards the bottom of the division this year, and things could look up with more free agents being available in 09. On another side note, They were talking on one of the local radio shows of how cool a Blackhawks/Blues game would be outdoors at Soldier Field in Winter Classic.
:upyours very well put, Corey. I think the job Dewitt and CO have done since they took over from the Busch family has been to make money. It was great we still got a ring out of those years but still, we demand more. On another note that 06 run in the playoffs was one of the greatest string of weeks in my life and will never forget it.

Oh and by the way lets remember that DMB is coming to Busch and this is going to rock

Dheibs
01-13-2008, 06:20 PM
you know they tried to do wrigley LAST YEAR, right? once that fell through, you just figured there's always next year, didn't you? typical cubs fan mentality! new busch is two years old and its already been home to a world series champion. how many is wrigley up to now? :lol

of course i'm just joking with you, i love cubs fans.

:lol sometimes i just hate myself for loving the cubbies

Yee
01-13-2008, 07:33 PM
i heard there might be some stadiums dates. i just assumed that they would be on the east coast but in the midwest would be kind of cool. i know chicago could support a stadium show but st. louis is iffy.

deedisdone81
01-13-2008, 07:43 PM
i heard there might be some stadiums dates. i just assumed that they would be on the east coast but in the midwest would be kind of cool. i know chicago could support a stadium show but st. louis is iffy.

The new Busch stadium is really up to date and modern, plus it holds easily 50,000 and thats just in the seats, im sure it could accomidate another 15,000 to 20,000 on the field.

Moses
01-13-2008, 07:51 PM

why is it "iffy"?

EClayton08
01-13-2008, 08:36 PM
why is it "iffy"?

Most dangerous city in US.

Moses
01-13-2008, 08:45 PM

lots of things that go into that mr clayton. considering that right around the stadium probably the nicest and safest part of down town it shouldnt be a problem. people here know once you get to far north south or east then you have problems but the stadium area is great.

malachite00
01-13-2008, 08:53 PM
The new Busch stadium is really up to date and modern, plus it holds easily 50,000 and thats just in the seats, im sure it could accomidate another 15,000 to 20,000 on the field.

According to this, it holds 43k in the seats, but I'm sure you can cram multiple thousands on the field:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busch_Stadium

St Louis is a cool city, I'd be willing to go there for this. I saw The Who at the old Busch stadium and had a great time!

Yee
01-13-2008, 08:57 PM
why is it "iffy"?

i think they would have a problem selling out at Busch Stadium. if i were trying to schedule a show i would rather have a sold out UMB Bank Pavilion rather than a half filled Busch Stadium.

unless DMB has a co-headliner or a group that is pretty big to open up for them.

Moses
01-13-2008, 09:06 PM
i think they would have a problem selling out at Busch Stadium. if i were trying to schedule a show i would rather have a sold out UMB Bank Pavilion rather than a half filled Busch Stadium.

unless DMB has a co-headliner or a group that is pretty big to open up for them.

I think there will be a large co headliner. And I don't think they will struggle to fill it up at all.

Josh.0
01-13-2008, 09:09 PM

I disagree.

I think if they played a regular venue of similar size in the Midwest they may have a hard time, but because they'd be playing at such a special venue I think that would help attract a lot of concert fans in general.

Either way, if I was a big DMB fan in the Midwest and I cared about setlist quality, I wouldn't hope for this. If it happens, it'll just be one or two greatest hits show(s), just like Fenway was.

pgr17
01-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Either way, if I was a big DMB fan in the Midwest and I cared about setlist quality...

:lol

:loser

Josh.0
01-13-2008, 09:20 PM

:loser

Wow, it'd be awesome if you made better use of your replies than to look for mine and criticize them constantly.

But, of course, you act like you're 16 and just discovering a message board so I guess I shouldn't expect anything more.

Yee
01-13-2008, 10:25 PM
phil is an easy going guy...you must have really pissed him off.

italy8384
01-13-2008, 10:29 PM
I really doubt that this is happening, its one thing to do a special stadium like Wrigley, Fenway or Yankee...

But if they were planning on playing at this huge place that just opened in St Louis of all places, that would mean they would be playing at numerous other stadiums in mid-size towns and we all know they are not capable of doing that anymore.

Josh.0
01-13-2008, 10:31 PM
I did nothing. Never even directly said anything to him.

He didn't like a post I made, so now apparently I'm a loser. Without a doubt he's maturity personified.

Crumbo
01-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I really doubt that this is happening, its one thing to do a special stadium like Wrigley, Fenway or Yankee...

But if they were planning on playing at this huge place that just opened in St Louis of all places, that would mean they would be playing at numerous other stadiums in mid-size towns and we all know they are not capable of doing that anymore.

but dude, it's historic Busch Stadium

such rich history there

:D

collinsat12
01-13-2008, 11:24 PM

But if they were planning on playing at this huge place that just opened in St Louis of all places, that would mean they would be playing at numerous other stadiums in mid-size towns and we all know they are not capable of doing that anymore.The way I heard the rumor, DMB was going to open for Nelly; that is why it was going to be at Busch...

pgr17
01-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Wow, it'd be awesome if you made better use of your replies than to look for mine and criticize them constantly.

oh i have good replies... might even say some great replies.

I did nothing. Never even directly said anything to him.

He didn't like a post I made, so now apparently I'm a loser. Without a doubt he's maturity personified.

:orly

i liked the post you did... thought there was good information in there about what was played at the "tweeder" center. but what i didn't agree with - and it is a message board so i think that is allowed - was what you were saying about what makes up a "great show" and in my opinion it has never been about all the great songs this band has. and that has been my stance for a long time now - not just because of you or your thread.

so carry on... ok?

:hi Yee

EClayton08
01-14-2008, 01:00 AM
I think if they played a regular venue of similar size in the Midwest they may have a hard time, but because they'd be playing at such a special venue I think that would help attract a lot of concert fans in general.

Crumbo kinda hit on it already, but what is so special about Busch Stadium?

NiCK Crush
01-14-2008, 01:17 AM
if so, guaranteed Live Trax or official release.

-NiCK

Yee
01-14-2008, 01:22 AM

nothing besides that it is a fairly new stadium.

Yee
01-14-2008, 01:22 AM

i liked the post you did... thought there was good information in there about what was played at the "tweeder" center. but what i didn't agree with - and it is a message board so i think that is allowed - was what you were saying about what makes up a "great show" and in my opinion it has never been about all the great songs this band has. and that has been my stance for a long time now - not just because of you or your thread.

so carry on... ok?

:hi

Ledge
01-14-2008, 01:46 AM
But, of course, you act like you're 16 and just discovering a message board so I guess I shouldn't expect anything more.

Pot calling the kettle black?

EClayton08
01-14-2008, 07:28 AM
nothing besides that it is a fairly new stadium.

what I was thinking.

Pretty bold statement by RHGDamaso.

gweeps
01-14-2008, 08:31 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

Josh.0
01-14-2008, 10:15 AM

so carry on... ok?

You don't give an opinion. You take a shot and try to act like all you're doing is "giving [your] opinion."

You know, you're not as slick as you surely tell yourself you are, and you might want to work on your superiority complex you have going.

Now we can carry on.

Josh.0
01-14-2008, 10:17 AM

Really?

If it's not special, what's the point of this thread?

If it's just a tour rumor at a regular venue, you'd think it would have found it's way in the Tour Threads forum.

Seems like kind of a silly statement. Of course it's a special venue, it's a baseball stadium. How many times in DMB history has that even happened?

I can take criticism for my opinions, but I just don't like when people fish through stuff I say desperately searching for a way to devalue my point. It happens a lot here, too, and it's not only to me.

Josh.0
01-14-2008, 10:19 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

When I was in St. Louis several months ago someone had a shirt that said something like "Better than Detroit in baseball, and better than Detroit in crime."

Pretty funny stuff.

pgr17
01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
You don't give an opinion. You take a shot and try to act like all you're doing is "giving [your] opinion."

You know, you're not as slick as you surely tell yourself you are, and you might want to work on your superiority complex you have going.

Now we can carry on.

alright dude...

I can take criticism for my opinions, but I just don't like when people fish through stuff I say desperately searching for a way to devalue my point. It happens a lot here, too, and it's not only to me.
there's always other places you can go and hang out.

and it's a message board so i wouldn't take things to heart so much.

Josh.0
01-14-2008, 10:32 AM
It's not taking it to heart, I think this place is great when the few people who think they're awesome actually find time to talk DMB and not waste the majority of their posts on belittling other members.

In fact, most of what I say I find people take way too seriously. As soon as I move on to another site I forget what's even being talked about here.

My frustration is just that it gets to be ridiculous when people say shitty things to other members while all those 'other members' are trying to do is talk DMB. It's like, stop and think about who's actually being a waste of time when that happens.

You took time to call me a loser. Ok, awesome. It doesn't bother me you feel that way because you don't know me from a hole in the wall, but what does bother me is you're getting away from talking DMB to say something so stupid so you can belittle another member. That's taking away from what makes this place great.

Find one post where I randomly call someone a 'loser'. Guess what - you won't.

pgr17
01-14-2008, 10:42 AM
i apologize a 1000 times then for hurting your feelings and for not talking DMB.

but if you want to continue this discussion let's take it to PM so as not to get away from what this thread is all about.

pgr17
01-14-2008, 10:43 AM
and on a DMB note, i hope one of these rumored stadium shows isn't Gillette.

Josh.0
01-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Neither do I.

Gillette, other than having terrible traffic because it's located on tiny Rt. 1, would have terrible acoustics. I remember at a Pats game earlier this year everything that was blasted over the loud speakers had a terrible echo.

Also, the Tweeter Center is due for a great show. :)

Jack
01-14-2008, 10:56 AM
how many months does it take to bring a rumor to term?

Strugz10
01-14-2008, 11:04 AM
:trainwreck

Crumbo
01-14-2008, 11:07 AM
how many months does it take to bring a rumor to term?

maybe the birth will bring some thicker skin

Jack
01-14-2008, 11:15 AM
maybe the birth will bring some thicker skin

nah, we've got a bleeder.

Josh.0
01-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Hemophilia is a disease, I can't help it!

(asshats!) :)

Moses
01-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Hemophilia is a disease, I can't help it!

(asshats!) :)

you're the definition of asshat

just stop

Moses
01-14-2008, 11:39 AM

a tradition of many many historic concerts, dmb is taking an opurtunity to continue that tradition at the new park.

Josh.0
01-14-2008, 12:58 PM
you're the definition of asshat

just stop

I thought you didn't know who I was?

Jack
01-14-2008, 01:08 PM

see, now would be the time to use the 16 year old e-tough guy comment.

Moses
01-14-2008, 01:33 PM

I know your an asshat from this thread.

Josh.0
01-14-2008, 01:37 PM
see, now would be the time to use the 16 year old e-tough guy comment.

Oh, sorry, I forgot that I'm supposed to deal with whatever shit is thrown my way.

Sorry guys, who was I to think otherwise.

Again, ya'll can dish it, but you can't take it back.

batleon
01-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I'll take "Fights You Can't Win" for $500, Alex.

Kerwin
01-14-2008, 02:21 PM
A stadium run in 2008? I could see it happening much like in 1999 and 2000 where they had dmb along with the roots, santana, ben harper. Dmb and another semi big act could certainly sell out a stadium

pgr17
01-14-2008, 02:31 PM
i thought you died Kerwin?

Strugz10
01-14-2008, 02:36 PM
i thought you died Kerwin?

Oh man, just when I had forgotten about the incredible death he suffered.

kylebond13
01-14-2008, 02:51 PM
DMB + TREY in stadiums

book it

edit: http://www.phantasytour.com/phish/boards_thread.cgi?threadID=1500071

sdaltons
01-14-2008, 02:51 PM
I know your an asshat from this thread.
don't forget the "boston deserves better" thread. much more evidence for asshatness then against it.

Moses
01-14-2008, 02:58 PM
A stadium run in 2008? I could see it happening much like in 1999 and 2000 where they had dmb along with the roots, santana, ben harper. Dmb and another semi big act could certainly sell out a stadium

Just drawing the comparison out of a few recent connections with the two bands but

DMB + Radiohead

Jack
01-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh, sorry, I forgot that I'm supposed to deal with whatever shit is thrown my way.

Sorry guys, who was I to think otherwise.

Again, ya'll can dish it, but you can't take it back.

:wtf

you're lucky you're from NH.

bsan83
01-14-2008, 03:30 PM
I would think they'd need an album released with a single or two actually doing well again to pull stadium shows.

EClayton08
01-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Really?

If it's just a tour rumor at a regular venue, you'd think it would have found it's way in the Tour Threads forum.

Seems like kind of a silly statement. Of course it's a special venue, it's a baseball stadium. How many times in DMB history has that even happened?

do you see who started the thread? He's from StL, so he was happy about this. Special is one thing Busch is not.

Kerwin
01-14-2008, 03:41 PM
it would be kinda strange to play 1 random show at a stadium in st. lousiville. I can see them playing stadiums in the major cities. After so many years of amphitheaters, i dont know if i could ever go back to stadiums and enjoy it. Live earth was miserable

DMBMU06
01-14-2008, 04:05 PM
It's a special music venue as opposed to UMB Bank Pavilion. Whether it's a special baseball venue, some non-Cardinal fans would disagree.

shadowraven
01-14-2008, 10:33 PM
you've been dreaming of them playing Busch Stadium for......... almost 3 years then.

FoCo
01-14-2008, 11:10 PM
What station in st. louis mentioned this? Please don't tell me that we are talking about this because some douche from ants said he heard it on st. louis radio.

Moses
01-14-2008, 11:13 PM
What station in st. louis mentioned this? Please don't tell me that we are talking about this because some douche from ants said he heard it on st. louis radio.

We're not. I heard it myself, so did many others.

It was on 590 the fan during Mayhem in the AM.

Mentioned by Brian Mckenna who had spoken with reps from Busch Stadium about the show.

FoCo
01-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Gotcha...Thanks for the details.

Crumbo
01-15-2008, 10:34 AM
We're not. I heard it myself, so did many others.

It was on 590 the fan during Mayhem in the AM.

Mentioned by Brian Mckenna who had spoken with reps from Busch Stadium about the show.

for all the breaking dMb news, make sure to tune in

Moses
01-15-2008, 11:57 AM
for all the breaking dMb news, make sure to tune in

you love me don't you?

deedisdone81
01-15-2008, 05:07 PM
I listen to that station all the time, those two can be funny occasionaly, but mainly they are annoying, its great though they are pushing for this concert.

Phan
01-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Coran is holding these venues under the name DMB but they will actually end up being phish shows. heard it here 1st!

ethaxton
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Just drawing the comparison out of a few recent connections with the two bands but

DMB + Radiohead

That would be awesome, but A) getting tickets would be fucking impossible and B) the clash of the superfans there would be ridiculous

Moses
01-15-2008, 09:44 PM
That would be awesome, but A) getting tickets would be fucking impossible and B) the clash of the superfans there would be ridiculous

Yea i'm just dreaming. I'm pretty confident someone from each band will do something with the other band this summer actually.

pgr17
01-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Yea i'm just dreaming. I'm pretty confident someone from each band will do something with the other band this summer actually.

what makes you so confident?

Crumbo
01-15-2008, 10:13 PM
did radiohead "sign" with ATO?

I'm guessing he's putting 2 and 2 together

Moses
01-15-2008, 10:53 PM
did radiohead "sign" with ATO?

I'm guessing he's putting 2 and 2 together

yes, they did. you should get the album if you don't have it, its genius.

Dino
01-16-2008, 03:13 PM
:hi

Pot calling the kettle black?

with you 2 and Phil, this thread seems like the good ol' days...

Dino
01-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Really?

I can take criticism for my opinions, but I just don't like when people fish through stuff I say desperately searching for a way to devalue my point. It happens a lot here, too, and it's not only to me.It's not special. Get over it/yourself.

Ledge
01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
with you 2 and Phil, this thread seems like the good ol' days...

We talking about the LNC days?

Dino
01-16-2008, 03:32 PM
We talking about the LNC days?

hellz yes.

Ledge
01-16-2008, 03:35 PM
hellz yes.

Those were good times. Many a people hated us though.

Dino
01-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Like they don't now? :lol

Ledge
01-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Like they don't now? :lol

We are more spread out these days. Back then it was a single place they could direct their hatred for all of us at.

Dino
01-16-2008, 03:46 PM
touche.

davex3
01-17-2008, 03:31 PM
The station it was also on here was 96.3. One of the morning DJ's is John Ulett and he is the announcer for the Cardinals at Busch. I guess it went something like "they are looking for people to help clean up after the show because the cardinals have a game the next day" something like that. My friends Dad called her and told her that he heard this and she told me...at least you can tailgate at Busch where you cannot at UMBlame.

sdaltons
01-17-2008, 04:32 PM
The station it was also on here was 96.3. One of the morning DJ's is John Ulett and he is the announcer for the Cardinals at Busch. I guess it went something like "they are looking for people to help clean up after the show because the cardinals have a game the next day" something like that. My friends Dad called her and told her that he heard this and she told me...at least you can tailgate at Busch where you cannot at UMBlame.

i love johnny ulett. :gay

FoCo
01-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Any updates?

Moses
01-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Any updates?

"very likley" from what i hear

evolutions
01-31-2008, 09:52 PM
"very likley" from what i hear

This is perfect.

I can go see DMB play and then the cardinals the next day ( season tix)

And I can walk there from home for a change too.

Moses
02-10-2008, 02:42 PM
date will be Saturday, June 7th.

FoCo
02-10-2008, 04:58 PM
best news ever.....

TDunk
02-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Nelly to open?

Moses
02-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Nelly to open?

his kid goes to my school, I'll ask.

davex3
02-11-2008, 03:29 PM
how do you know this moses...omnipotent one

Jack
02-11-2008, 03:44 PM
he birthed it.

Moses
02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
how do you know this moses...omnipotent one

cards president.

FoCo
02-28-2008, 05:34 PM
This makes a lot more sense considering there will NOT be a show at sandstone kansas city this year.

Moses
02-28-2008, 07:53 PM
yea shits gonna rock

FiddySpence
02-28-2008, 11:28 PM
i've said this a few times i know, but this is just odd. i know it's a new stadium, but even counting the old Busch there hasn't been a band there in like 15 years at least.

FoCo
03-06-2008, 10:05 AM
You were right moses. Black Crowes to open. :rawk Can anybody with a warehouse account tell if the field is general admission or chairs?

evolutions
03-06-2008, 10:36 AM
it listed all of the parks with field general admission on the email, and busch was not one of them

FoCo
03-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Thank god.....

FiddySpence
03-06-2008, 01:31 PM
65-75 dollars. fuck yourself DMB.

a1recycler
03-06-2008, 01:36 PM
what are the thoughts on the VIP package?

a1recycler
03-06-2008, 01:37 PM
65-75 dollars. fuck yourself DMB.

Has it been any different over the last few years?

FiddySpence
03-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Has it been any different over the last few years?

i thought the most expensive was still like 59 bucks last year. you could still get in the door to a show for 40 if you wanted lawn/shit seats. i'm just pissed because i could probably find the cash to go but pretty much no one else i know is into the band enough to pay 70 bucks.

FoCo
03-06-2008, 02:01 PM
What is the vip package exactly?

malachite00
03-06-2008, 02:25 PM
i thought the most expensive was still like 59 bucks last year. you could still get in the door to a show for 40 if you wanted lawn/shit seats. i'm just pissed because i could probably find the cash to go but pretty much no one else i know is into the band enough to pay 70 bucks.

I know it sounds pathetic, but I went to a couple of shows alone last year because my husband was out of town and I don't know any other DMB fans around here. Ended up meeting various people from the boards and had a blast! So you could try that.

evolutions
03-06-2008, 04:10 PM

I need someone to go with for that exact same reason . . . let me know if you're interested, I have a 1st day acct with the warehouse. I live right up the street from the stadium too.

tost
03-06-2008, 04:43 PM
What is the vip package exactly?

VIP Packages are $250.00 per person (plus applicable convenience fees) and include the price of your reserved seat ticket in a prime location near the stage. In addition, you will receive a VIP pass which includes access to an exclusive party area with a complimentary gourmet buffet and beverages served throughout the event. A Premier Parking section, convenient to the venue's entrance, is available for VIP package holders (subject to availability). One Premier Parking Pass will be issued per order - you must show your Premier Parking Pass AND your VIP Section ticket to gain access to the Premier Parking lot.
on paper, i'm leaning towards it not being worth it for me. i'd love to have guaranteed great seats, but that's a lot of $$. i might be convinced otherwise, though, if someone can tell me how totally awesome it really is.

FoCo
03-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Meh...that vip package is not worth it.

Why Missouri
03-06-2008, 07:50 PM
I can't wait. . .im glad they aren't doing the general admission bullshit for this show. . .I'm gonna pass on the Memphis show due to the GA

FoCo
03-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Party at the westin before the show lawson. My 57th show. :rawk

JWood
03-06-2008, 09:05 PM
I would recommend the VIP package (if it's doable), because I would hate to be all the way in the back of the field.

sdaltons
03-06-2008, 09:29 PM
busch and alpine for me

DMB1541
03-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Booked a room at the Hilton, still pretty cheap which was surprising

Why Missouri
03-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Party at the westin before the show lawson. My 57th show. :rawk

Sounds like a plan to me!

slcards1
03-06-2008, 11:26 PM
my lone show of the year, and i couldnt ask for a better place for it to be

sdaltons
03-06-2008, 11:32 PM
any out of towners coming in for busch should go over to Lumiere Place casino before the show.

just saying. :)

deedisdone81
03-06-2008, 11:40 PM
any out of towners coming in for busch should go over to Lumiere Place casino before the show.

just saying. :)

Yeah go drop a few hundred bucks at the crap table, hell you already spent 160 on tickets, :lol

slcards1
03-06-2008, 11:52 PM
what for ? i hate lumiere, and i have the 5* card. never seen more ignorant, clueless, and impolite casino workers in my life. at least the dealers are all friendly (though it doesnt matter since half of them deal and pay in slow motion anyway...)

Moses
03-06-2008, 11:52 PM
got some 4th row centers from a friend in the organization. :rawk

slcards1
03-06-2008, 11:54 PM
wow. tell mr lamping to share the love! :lol

deedisdone81
03-07-2008, 12:06 AM

You Bitch, hook me up! :lmao

sdaltons
03-07-2008, 07:21 AM
wow moses. i might have to email lamping and see. :D

JWood
03-07-2008, 10:44 AM

Nice!

Moses
03-07-2008, 07:38 PM
:lol I'm pretty pumped.

Anyone know how to change thread titles?

dmband8736
03-09-2008, 09:54 PM
anyone know what the seating chart is going to look like?

Also, if you have season tickets for the Cardinals will you be able to buy tickets to the show?

Moses
03-09-2008, 10:17 PM
season tickets for cardinals will not tranfer what so ever to the concert seating.

dmband8736
03-09-2008, 10:45 PM
and a seating chart?

sdaltons
03-10-2008, 12:52 AM
i don't think this has sunk in yet

and moses, i sent an email to lamping today about stuff relating to the working world. if you talk to him and you want to tell him to give sam dalton some dmb tickets, you know, that's fine.

Moses
03-10-2008, 10:11 AM
:lol. alright sam.

and yea I'm still really pumped.

sdaltons
03-10-2008, 10:31 AM
:lol. alright sam.

and yea I'm still really pumped.
hey you know, i'm just throwing it out there. if he responds, i might mention how excited i am for dmb. so yeah, just tell him i'm good people. :lol

deedisdone81
03-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Me Too!

FoCo
03-10-2008, 05:35 PM
You could request four tickets this time around through the warehouse. It'll be nice to sit with three other friends instead of one.

rvn10manu
03-10-2008, 08:45 PM
this was posted in the tour thread, figured i'd post it here for those who missed

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entertainment/stories.nsf/music/story/87A1A288063DA14986257408007B2B6C?OpenDocument

FoCo
03-10-2008, 08:54 PM
The Busch date was in the works as far back as a year ago, and they didn’t want to overplay the market
Interesting.....Only 30,000 for the show? The dmband website lists 49,375. I know the outfield bleachers will not be available, but what else?

rvn10manu
03-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Interesting.....Only 30,000 for the show? The dmband website lists 49,375. I know the outfield bleachers will not be available, but what else?

well im sure they wont sell tickets to the upper decks/outfield seats...so that takes away quite a bit

FiddySpence
03-10-2008, 09:55 PM
30,000? besides the novelty there's almost no point, might as well just play verizon or scotttrade.

NiCK Crush
03-10-2008, 11:27 PM
well im sure they wont sell tickets to the upper decks/outfield seats...so that takes away quite a bit

why wouldnt they sell to the upperdecks? they did for Comerica Park

-NiCK

rvn10manu
03-11-2008, 06:23 PM
why wouldnt they sell to the upperdecks? they did for Comerica Park

-NiCK

i've only been to one stadium show, SBC in 05.....they didnt sell them then, so thats what i was basing that on

john3731
03-12-2008, 02:56 PM
sorry if this is already a known fact... busch vip is rows 12-24 in center section on field and most likely will not be available anywhere other than the warehouse but if there is little demand for the vip through the warehouse, vip could be available through stlcardinals.com

malachite00
03-12-2008, 03:24 PM
sorry if this is already a known fact... busch vip is rows 12-24 in center section on field and most likely will not be available anywhere other than the warehouse but if there is little demand for the vip through the warehouse, vip could be available through stlcardinals.com

Do you know if these rows are also VIP for Bridgeview?

john3731
03-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Do you know if these rows are also VIP for Bridgeview?

I am sorry, I am not sure. If I remember correctly from last summer those were the rows.

TDunk
03-12-2008, 05:02 PM
last year at Toyota Park, VIP was definitely as close as row 8, possibly closer.

Livinwiththerednecks
03-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Found this article with a view of the seating chart, you can't tell details at all, but you can see a general idea of the setup.

http://www.slfp.com/SLFP-Concerts.htm

dmband8736
03-12-2008, 08:57 PM
This might be helpful also:

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/fan_forum/davematthews_index.jsp

JWood
03-12-2008, 09:47 PM
I was in Row 11 for VIP at Toyota Park last year, if that helps. But it was in the dead center section. (A3)

Livinwiththerednecks
03-13-2008, 08:14 PM
This might be helpful also:

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/fan_forum/davematthews_index.jsp

Thanks that's a lot more helpful.

dmband8736
03-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Moses, you still going to have those tickets for the show although your source has just resigned?

sdaltons
03-13-2008, 09:29 PM
holy crap, i'm really disappointed that lamping resigned. and to think, i was just about to email him and ask him for tickets. :lol

good luck to him and now we have just what we needed, another dewitt.

john3731
03-14-2008, 09:05 AM
anyone get tickets through the ballpark founders pre sale this morning, or anyone know what kind of tickets are being pulled from this pre sale

dmband8736
03-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Nothing. Only $65 tickets with 2 or more tickets purchased. Only singles are avaliable for $75. Gotta wait then i guess

RB3
03-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Is WH for this likely to be random or seniority?

And another question (sorry, I have not been keeping up on the new seating policies) - If I request level 1 for Busch am I guaranteed to get tickets?

FoCo
03-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes to seniority, no to the level 1. I'm pretty sure it's level 1 or nothing.

RB3
03-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks

deedisdone81
03-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Yes to seniority, no to the level 1. I'm pretty sure it's level 1 or nothing.

I was under the impression if you choose level 1 and they cant seat you in level 1, then you get bumped to level 2.

TDunk
03-18-2008, 02:17 AM
Doesn't MLB have a deal with Stubhub? Think any of the tickets will be going straight to Stubhub?

rvn10manu
03-24-2008, 10:26 AM
temp charges for level 1. great news

sdaltons
03-24-2008, 10:34 AM
temp charges for level 1. great news
same

however nothing for alpine at the moment

deedisdone81
03-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Me Too Temp for Busch, and all 3 nights of the Gorge

DMB1541
03-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Got my temp charges for Field level. Pretty excited for the show

FoCo
03-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Just noticed that this goes onsale via stlcardinals not ticketmaster on saturday.

bobblehedjesus
03-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Got charged for 3 Level 1 tix today...So pumped!

Moses
03-27-2008, 07:36 AM
got my 4 tix in the mail today from Cards. so pumped :rawk

UfckYourFace
03-28-2008, 03:35 PM
I let me WH membership lapse in October, so I think I'm just gonna buy a few of the $45 upper level tickets and chill in the 300's. I think it'll be cool to watch the show from up there, and the price is nice.

dmband8736
03-29-2008, 09:56 AM
damn stl is already sold out?

FoCo
03-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Just pulled second row tickets before the virtual waiting room crap started. Tickets went onsale two minutes early. :)

snappermd
03-31-2008, 11:32 PM
anyone know what sections are VIP?

Moses
04-01-2008, 08:57 AM
my VIPs are in a3 row J

FoCo
04-03-2008, 12:29 AM
So will tim be at busch or not? The question still remains....

rvn10manu
04-03-2008, 11:45 AM
So will tim be at busch or not? The question still remains....

i really hope so, although it would be cool for them to bring out rich or luther as well

Jack
04-03-2008, 12:16 PM
well, this guarantees at least one sell out at Busch this season.

Moses
04-03-2008, 03:58 PM
well, this guarantees at least one sell out at Busch this season.

we're among the top ten in attendance every year.

Jack
04-03-2008, 04:25 PM
we're among the top ten in attendance every year.

not this year. First non sellout in history in the 2nd game of the season doesn't bode well for a team that's not really going anywhere. Especially when Pujols' arm falls off and he needs labrum surgery.

I think stl is a great place though. You're just going to have a shitty baseball team for awhile.

Crumbo
04-03-2008, 04:28 PM
shouldn't this be in the tour forum :lol

Jack
04-03-2008, 04:37 PM
you're absolutely right.

Hopefully he who birthed this thread doesn't mind.

drh424s
04-03-2008, 09:48 PM
not this year. First non sellout in history in the 2nd game of the season doesn't bode well for a team that's not really going anywhere. Especially when Pujols' arm falls off and he needs labrum surgery.

I think stl is a great place though. You're just going to have a shitty baseball team for awhile.

They've sold over 3 million tickets already this year . . . you really don't know what you're talking about, I'm sorry. So they don't sell out the second game, big deal. No one really knows whether or not our team will be in the gutter all year either.

Moses
04-03-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm a fan, and I know we'll be in the gutter this year dude.

sdaltons
04-03-2008, 11:19 PM
i was at the game today. god the weather sucked.

but hey 2-1 start against the defending nl champs. and we had them beat on opening day, too. should have been 3-0.

i don't think we'll make the playoffs or anything, but i do think we'll surprise some people. especially when we start periodically getting fresh pitchers back off the dl.

drh424s
04-03-2008, 11:29 PM

but hey 2-1 start against the defending nl champs. and we had them beat on opening day, too. should have been 3-0.

i don't think we'll make the playoffs or anything, but i do think we'll surprise some people. especially when we start periodically getting fresh pitchers back off the dl.

:upyours :upyours

Jack
04-04-2008, 02:47 PM

still waiting for mulder, huh? Pinning hopes to Joel Piniero? Matt Clement? Yikes.

Jack
04-04-2008, 02:48 PM
They've sold over 3 million tickets already this year . . . you really don't know what you're talking about, I'm sorry. So they don't sell out the second game, big deal. No one really knows whether or not our team will be in the gutter all year either.

:lol go look at the other teams that don't sell out the 2nd game of the season.

Moses
04-04-2008, 02:59 PM
people who know baseball, not paper, know that the games still have to be played, Jack. sure, I dont think we're strong this year on paper, but baseball doesn't work that way, and attendence certainly doesn't reflect anything that has to do with what happens between the lines what so ever.

Jack
04-04-2008, 03:40 PM
oh, absolutely. That is why I hate when all these baseball shows have their analysts 'predict' who is going to win divisions/pennants/ws etc. It's called guessing. Baseball is impossible to predict. Injuries are way too big a part of baseball and individual performances can differ greatly from year to year.

That being said, the cards play in a weak division in the weak league and I could still see them having a worse record than Tampa Bay. But, you never know.

And attendance doesn't always have to do with the quality of the team. But, in St. Louis, it certainly does. You are one of the most baseball rich cities in the country, if people are coming out, it's because they are unhappy with a bad team.

anyway, my original comment that started this was a joke.

drh424s
04-04-2008, 09:01 PM
:lol go look at the other teams that don't sell out the 2nd game of the season.

:lmao

FoCo
04-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Good lord that was fast. Got my tickets in the mail today.

rvn10manu
04-24-2008, 03:10 PM
b7 row 19

anyone happen to know how many rows there are per section?
obviously at least 19

Why Missouri
04-25-2008, 07:55 AM
A4 row 6. . .first year warehouse comes through again!

Moses
04-25-2008, 04:53 PM
first year?

you've got to be kidding me

deedisdone81
04-25-2008, 08:50 PM
A4 row 6. . .first year warehouse comes through again!

Yeah this is got to be lottery, I mean Im a 3 year member and got C8. Good for you though! :upyours

Crumbo
04-25-2008, 08:53 PM
or he's a first year wh member...as in 98 or 99

deedisdone81
04-25-2008, 11:02 PM
or he's a first year wh member...as in 98 or 99

Yeah I didn't interpret it like that, thats a good possibility.

Why Missouri
04-27-2008, 08:31 PM
first year?

you've got to be kidding me

oh shit. . .sorry I meant 98 warehouse member

Moses
04-28-2008, 07:46 PM
at the park now forr cards reds. lots of adds up all over the stadium. inluding a little video where dave says to come june seventh and warns people about the dangers of drunk driving on jumbo tron

drh424s
04-28-2008, 09:44 PM
edit: nevermind

FoCo
05-02-2008, 09:58 AM
I wonder how ticket sales are going. A couple of weeks ago only 400 level seats were available, but now 100 level seats are still for sale.

john3731
05-03-2008, 01:32 PM
pretty good seats available on the website. pulled 141C row 3.

but still looking for some VIP tickets if anyone has any extra.

FoCo
05-22-2008, 09:47 PM
16 days!!! Don't forget, stp is playing riverport the next night.

rvn10manu
05-22-2008, 10:45 PM
does anyone know how many rows are in each section on the field?

Moses
05-23-2008, 01:40 AM
around twenty five.

tost
06-01-2008, 08:10 AM
details of safety and staging for the concert in the post-dispatch this morning (section f). decent info, but their seating chart left out the field seats. i guess they thought "protecting the field is [so] paramount" that noone's going to be sitting on it.

dmband8736
06-01-2008, 12:15 PM
I was told 26 rows, not much of a difference. But am getting excited for my 10th show and have decent seats, but havent been able to find any face values in the A sections. Where is everyone else sitting?

FoCo
06-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Could somebody post a pic of the show poster? Supposedly they are up for purchase through the warehouse.

deedisdone81
06-02-2008, 11:28 AM
I'll Be in C8 unless I can find some upgrades through other Tickets I have.

tost
06-02-2008, 06:26 PM
hmm…i'll be happy to "upgrade" you to 149C. that's where i'm at.

deedisdone81
06-02-2008, 06:39 PM

Not much of an upgrade, I'm looking for B or A towards the Middle, thanks though .

KwaKeeSirPeeNeeKu
06-02-2008, 06:56 PM
My 30th birthday celebration along with my 20th show! :rawk

It would be cool if the band would bust into the Clydesdale song at some point during the show. Moses, can you make it happen?

68FfituEtsg

tost
06-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Not much of an upgrade, I'm looking for B or A towards the Middle, thanks though .no problem. always willing to help a fellow dmb fan out :donut

deedisdone81
06-02-2008, 07:39 PM

It would be cool if the band would bust into the Clydesdale song at some point during the show. Moses, can you make it happen?

68FfituEtsg

God, when is Ernie Hays going to die already, those corny organ songs are godawful. I wouldn't mind the clydesdales though.

Moses
06-02-2008, 07:58 PM

68FfituEtsg

doubt it.

KwaKeeSirPeeNeeKu
06-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Or how about this for their encore cover?

1-mU-YSk32I

deedisdone81
06-03-2008, 10:44 AM

Hey, I managed to upgrade my ticks, if you were interested in purchasing these, you can have them, 3 seats, C8 row 6

tost
06-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Hey, I managed to upgrade my ticks, if you were interested in purchasing these, you can have them, 3 seats, C8 row 6oh shoot, that'd be great especially since i only have 3 of my tix spoken for so far. but, i'd be afraid of not being able to unload my tix in time. appreciate it, though.

DMB1541
06-03-2008, 06:42 PM
I've got 2 seats C2 row 7 if anybody wants them.

FoCo
06-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Come on dreaming tree at busch!

deedisdone81
06-03-2008, 08:48 PM
oh shoot, that'd be great especially since i only have 3 of my tix spoken for so far. but, i'd be afraid of not being able to unload my tix in time. appreciate it, though.

Well If you decide you want them, let me know. :upyours

soups
06-03-2008, 10:41 PM
i need 2 tix

deedisdone81
06-03-2008, 10:44 PM
i need 2 tix

Soups, take my 3, and im sure you can find a 3rd? :hi

If not, go to tickets.com, you can find a pair in B7 Row 9 one row behind me for face value.

dmband8736
06-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Rumors are flying that this will be a taped for DVD