PDA

View Full Version : Live Trax 2008 Sampler Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Monk
03-26-2008, 07:03 PM
ENJOY ALL!

UPDATE 11/11 - TRACK LISTING REVEALED FOR FREE DIGITAL ITUNES ALBUM * AVAILABLE TO FANS WHO PURCHASED SUMMER TOUR TICKETS

We are excited to reveal the track listing of Live Trax 2008, the compilation of songs selected from the summer 2008 DMB tour, which will be offered as a FREE digital download through iTunes beginning Thursday, November 13, 2008. Warehouse members who purchased Warehouse tickets for the summer tour as well as fans who purchased summer tour tickets through Ticketmaster (May 30-Sep 7 DMB shows) will receive the download at no charge! iTunes redemption codes will be sent via email on Thursday, November 13, 2008. Live Trax 2008 will be available for purchase through iTunes US/Canada in mid-December.

Live Trax 2008
Track Listing

1. Eh Hee 06.24.08 / Comcast Center / Mansfield, MA

2. So Damn Lucky 06.28.08 / Nissan Pavilion at Stone Ridge / Bristow, VA

3. Crush 06.10.08 / Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain / Scranton, PA

4. The Dreaming Tree 06.21.08 / Saratoga Performing Arts Center / Saratoga Springs, NY

5. Pay For What You Get 06.10.08 / Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain / Scranton, PA

6. Proudest Monkey 06.24.08 / Comcast Center / Mansfield, MA

7. Bartender 08.19.08 / Staples Center / Los Angeles, CA

8. Tripping Billies 08.10.08 / Alpine Valley Music Theatre / East Troy, WI

UPDATED 11/9 - Live Trax 2008 Update
As promised, all members that purchased Warehouse tickets for the 2008 North American summer tour will receive the free digital album, Live Trax 2008. The album contains a compilation of the best picks from the 2008 summer tour and will be available via download through the iTunes store. Warehouse members will receive redemption codes via email on Thursday, November 13, 2008.

UPDATED 6/30 - WHICH TRACKS SHOULD MAKE THE CUT?
Based on what we have seen thus far, what songs would you like to see make the cut and which performances deserve a release? It would be nice to have a general idea of what people on TDC are thinking are the best candidates for this (supposed 6 track) release. Maybe we'll compile the suggestions that have multiple nominations toward the end of the tour and make a poll. Try to limit your picks to 6-8 if possible.

Buy A Ticket, Get Free Music
Posted by Jake Vigliotti 3/26/08 7:23pm
The Dave Matthews Band is partnering with Ticketmaster and iTunes to get music from the 2008 tour to you, the fan.

Anyone who purchases a ticket via The Warehouse or Ticketmaster will receive (eventually) a link to download songs from the upcoming DMB tour, antsmarching.org has learned.

The way it will work is at the end of the tour, a sort-of best of compilation - consisting of a yet-to-be-determined number of songs, will be available for download via iTunes.

The songs chosen will be based on performance - in other words, if they think a particular song that evening was outstanding, it'll be considered for the release. Nothing is pre-determined.

If you've already purchased tickets through The Warehouse don't call them, they'll call you - so to speak. They know who purchased tickets already, and they will email you at the appropriate time. Ticketmaster will also email you a link after your purchase.

And if you are going to use ticketmaster.com, feel free to follow the link from the show you want to attend from our Tour Central. The links will appear prior to the public sale of those tickets. It helps us out a bit by doing that!

Update: 3/26/08
I looked over on Ants, this is what Jake has said:

it'll probably be 8-9 songs - they just don't want to commit to a number yet.

to clarify, if you just buy 1 ticket to 1 show, you still get all the songs. They just didn't want to say 'we are going to release 9 songs!' and have only 8 songs worthy of a release.

I believe it'll be MP3 form, but I could be wrong.

NiCK Crush
03-26-2008, 07:04 PM
wow, i really like the sound of this.

-NiCK

Monk
03-26-2008, 07:06 PM
wow, i really like the sound of this.

-NiCK

Picking a "best of" for the tour...I wonder if that will influence the rate of releases for "current tour/year" Live Trax releases?

kylebond13
03-26-2008, 07:07 PM
A+

Not sure I like the idea of DMB in bed with huge corporations (Apple not so bad, but TM....), but seeing the LT V.11 photo credit of SPAC given to Live Nation, I think the train's left the station...

italy8384
03-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Potential... Yes

Living up to the potential? Prolly not. I'm sure it will only be 5 or 6 songs and warehouse will be one of them. If they really wanted to make it special they can post a song from each night of the tour, and whatever tickets you buy you get to download that song a couple days after the show you bought them for. Also let them be traded freely amongst fans.

NiCK Crush
03-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Picking a "best of" for the tour...I wonder if that will influence the rate of releases for "current tour/year" Live Trax releases?

i doubt it... piedmont didnt really effect the next LT...

-NiCK

NiCK Crush
03-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Potential... Yes

Living up to the potential? Prolly not. I'm sure it will only be 5 or 6 songs and warehouse will be one of them. If they really wanted to make it special they can post a song from each night of the tour, and whatever tickets you buy you get to download that song a couple days after the show you bought them for. Also let them be traded freely amongst fans.

i mean hey, its something. i'd rather every show of the tour be released, but it just isnt in the cards this year.

-NiCK

JWood
03-26-2008, 07:09 PM
:zaphod

NiCK Crush
03-26-2008, 07:11 PM
its also nice for people going to alot of shows, getting a little something back... i know its small, but i certainly appreciate it.

-NiCK

JWood
This could be a great way to get soundboards of new tunes.

Monk
i doubt it... piedmont didnt really effect the next LT...

-NiCK

It depends on what tracks they release, of course. If they were to pick the best performances of the tour and release them via iTunes, I feel like the incentive and/or interest to buy an entire (average) show from the tour would decline. Just a thought, I'm actually pretty excited for this. :)

USCThrilla34
03-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Whether or not it lives up to potential, it's pretty cool that they're giving a bonus (so to speak) to anyone who buys a ticket through WH or TM. 5 or 6 songs is 5 or 6 songs more than any other year I've bought through WH.

:upyours

Monk
03-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Whether or not it lives up to potential, it's pretty cool that they're giving a bonus (so to speak) to anyone who buys a ticket through WH or TM. 5 or 6 songs is 5 or 6 songs more than any other year I've bought through WH.

I've actually been waiting for the Warehouse to do something along these lines for a while (although I thought it would be something through the fanclub website). The management seems to be building a pretty solid base for promoting the tour/album/band in 2008 so far.

joyride41
03-26-2008, 07:25 PM
so i've got a question, what if we already ordered our tickets through ticketmaster. Will we still be able to obtain this?

celebi23
03-26-2008, 07:26 PM
This could end up being pretty good

USCThrilla34
03-26-2008, 07:27 PM
I've actually been waiting for the Warehouse to do something along these lines for a while. They seem to be building a pretty solid base for promoting the tour/album/band in 2008 so far.

Agreed. I like what I see so far. Let's hope the positive momentum keeps up.

ggies
03-26-2008, 07:28 PM
badass :upyours

DMBZeppelin
03-26-2008, 07:29 PM
This is just a great idea all around. Even if they decide to release Berkeley or something from the 08 tour. Something like this should keep everyone happy, lets just hope they listen to the fans when it comes to what performances to select.

DMBZeppelin
03-26-2008, 07:33 PM
so i've got a question, what if we already ordered our tickets through ticketmaster. Will we still be able to obtain this?
According to the article, yes.

Rowsdower
03-26-2008, 07:39 PM
I really like the sound of this.

Tambourine Man
03-26-2008, 07:42 PM
I encourage everybody to send the WH an email and encourage them to make these track iTunes Plus or even see if Apple Lossless is an option. It will be a disappointment if the only tracks we have are shitty AAC 128s with DRM.

DMBZeppelin
03-26-2008, 07:42 PM
I looked over on Ants, this is what Jake has said:

it'll probably be 8-9 songs - they just don't want to commit to a number yet.

to clarify, if you just buy 1 ticket to 1 show, you still get all the songs. They just didn't want to say 'we are going to release 9 songs!' and have only 8 songs worthy of a release.

I believe it'll be MP3 form, but I could be wrong.

JWood
03-26-2008, 07:44 PM
That would be cool if they did a couple videos.

dmb2much40
03-26-2008, 07:46 PM
this makes the ticket price increase sting a little less. good idea.

Nova Scotia
03-26-2008, 07:56 PM
it's about time they actually started doing something like this.

Trout
03-26-2008, 08:02 PM
I wish they'd take it a step further and start selling entire shows on itunes.

gweeps
03-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Fuck iTunes.

This'll end up being nothing more than a glorified WH5v2.

JWood
03-26-2008, 08:13 PM
First negative post?

Monk
03-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Fuck iTunes.

Possible, but I'm expecting to get at least a few good tracks from this. Tim makes me more optimistic.

NiCK Crush
03-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Fuck iTunes.

even so, its a few bonus mixed live tunes out there... how is this a bad thing?

-NiCK

Trout
03-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Possible, but I'm expecting to get at least a few good tracks from this. Tim makes me more optimistic.

Tim has made me more optimistic about this whole tour and the new album.

Steveo Style
03-26-2008, 08:25 PM
So I assume this is free then?

NiCK Crush
03-26-2008, 08:26 PM
So I assume this is free then?

for people who bought tickets, yes

-NiCK

greppson
03-26-2008, 08:29 PM
will we get these tracks before the WH disc?

NiCK Crush
03-26-2008, 08:32 PM
will we get these tracks before the WH disc?

well, the WH disc is shipping... so i doubt it

-NiCK

JWood
03-26-2008, 08:33 PM
I think Jason meant the next one, and my guess would be probably.

Since Apple is involved, they will put some pressure on the Warehouse to get this out in a timely manner.

rvn10manu
03-26-2008, 08:43 PM
what an awesome idea....

somf4eva
03-26-2008, 10:12 PM
great idea.

maybe we will get a whole range of tunes but I bey it will only be studio ones with a crash or WWYS thrown in there.

sdaltons
03-26-2008, 10:32 PM
this is really freakin awesome. i've been waiting for dmb to take advantage of the ease of releasing things on itunes the way other bands have. very cool. thanks, dmb.

can't wait to see the tracklist, :lol

avs69
03-27-2008, 11:06 PM
I'm sure we don't know this yet, but I'm going to the Mile High Music Festival this year, so I'm not buying tickets from the warehouse or ticketmaster. Do you think that they will let us buy the tunes?

pgr17
03-27-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm sure we don't know this yet, but I'm going to the Mile High Music Festival this year, so I'm not buying tickets from the warehouse or ticketmaster. Do you think that they will let us buy the tunes?

best thing to do would be to email (mailto: whtix@davematthewsband.com) the WH about that... kind of a special circumstance.

i'm sure others in the same situation would like to know :upyours

Trout
03-27-2008, 11:12 PM
best thing to do would be to email (mailto: whtix@davematthewsband.com) the WH about that... kind of a special circumstance.

i'm sure others in the same situation would like to know :upyours

Yeah, and either way, I think you'll be able to get your hands on this through other means.

Btw, what's with the MHMF not selling one-day VIP passes? That kinda sucks.

DMBZeppelin
03-28-2008, 01:41 AM
Is MHMF ticketed by Ticketmaster? You will also be able to buy the songs eventually.

Each ticket purchased through Ticketmaster.com will receive a unique code in mid-September that can be redeemed for the digital album on the iTunes Store – a month before it goes on sale to the general public. Offer is valid only for venues ticketed by Ticketmaster.

Dave Matthews Band fan association members who have already purchased tickets through the Warehouse pre-sale will also receive a unique code in mid-September that will enable them to receive a free copy of the digital album via iTunes.

Trout
03-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Is MHMF ticketed by Ticketmaster? You will also be able to buy the songs eventually.

MHMF is ticketed by Tickethorse. And those who bash TM for their service charges, Tickethorse jacks an $85 ticket up to $100 after service charges.

JWood
03-28-2008, 12:48 PM
MHMF is ticketed by Tickethorse. And those who bash TM for their service charges, Tickethorse jacks an $85 ticket up to $100 after service charges.

And what does Ticketmaster do?

Aren't the $75 reserved tickets for DMB going to be ~$90?

Coster
03-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Here is the official email from Ticket Master I just received.

Need Another Reason To See DMB This Summer?
Get the live tour album for free on iTunes!

Just when you thought Dave Matthews Band couldnít get any cooler; the band is now offering an exclusive live album of recordings from their upcoming tour for FREE.

Just buy a ticket to see Dave Matthews Band and you will be sent an iTunes code to download Live Trax 2008, the completely hand-picked (by the band) live album full of the best recordings from this summerís tour. Relive your concert experience for years to come simply by buying a ticket.

Donít miss this summerís most anticipated concert and your chance at scoring a one-of-a-kind live album. Buy tickets now!

Special Offer Special Offer
DMB Ticket + Free Album on iTunes
Multiple Cities Multiple Dates Find Tickets
Live Trax 2008 will contain 6 tracks hand-picked by the band. Codes will be sent via email late September from Ticketmaster after the tour concludes. To redeem your code, please visit iTunes and follow the instructions as stated on the email you receive.
Send this email to a Friend
Advertisement brought to you by

Tambourine Man
03-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Hmm, the band is picking the tracks?

JWood
03-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Shit, it's gonna be called Live Trax :lol

6 tracks is nice, hopefully they'll be amazing performances or badass new tunes.

JWood
03-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Also, I hope they'll be DRM, but I doubt it.

lcause
03-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Also, I hope they'll be DRM, but I doubt it.

Why? How many people here/ants won't buy a single ticket to get the download code as it is?

SteadySmokin03
03-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Wow, this is awesome news.

JWood
03-28-2008, 03:46 PM
My bad, I meant the iTunes Plus, (higher bitrate) or whatever the hell it's called.

fosterdog
03-28-2008, 05:21 PM
DMBand.com mentions this is for fans who buy their tickets through Ticketmaster.com. As a Canadian buying Toronto tickets, will this still count using Ticketmaster.ca? Does anyone have any experience with this type of promotion when tickets are bought in Canada? It would sure suck to lose out on the downloads...

Coster
03-28-2008, 05:25 PM
DMBand.com mentions this is for fans who buy their tickets through Ticketmaster.com. As a Canadian buying Toronto tickets, will this still count using Ticketmaster.ca? Does anyone have any experience with this type of promotion when tickets are bought in Canada? It would sure suck to lose out on the downloads...

Well if they give a different code for each separate ticket purchase I may be able to help you out if I score SPAC N2 tix tomorrow.

NiCK Crush
03-28-2008, 11:01 PM
6 tracks? pretty solid. i hope they end up being a couple new tunes

-NiCK

Trout
03-29-2008, 12:08 AM

Just use ticketmaster.com instead of .ca, it will still bring up the toronto show, it'll just show it as "events scheduled in other countries"

brezz
03-29-2008, 07:43 AM
What about those of us buying tickets for the Busch Stadium show? They are being sold on Tickets.com. That would be a joke if I couldn't access this album because of this.

Brian

NiCK Crush
03-29-2008, 08:09 AM
What about those of us buying tickets for the Busch Stadium show? They are being sold on Tickets.com. That would be a joke if I couldn't access this album because of this.

Brian

you will get it, one way or another.

besides, its gonna be available to purchase eventually too.

-NiCK

FrogDawg658
04-02-2008, 08:30 PM
I think this is a great way to give back to the community for higher ticket prices!!! hope they offer lossless DL and maybe a vote at the end of the tour should be in order, or better yet you should be able to pick from a pool of about 30 tracks

pgr17
04-02-2008, 08:33 PM
better yet you should be able to pick from a pool of about 30 tracks

that would be cool :upyours

but whatever way they do it, it is still a good thing... looking forward to what they pick.

i wonder if this will eliminate the pre-order CD's they have packaged in the past and instead just offer a key to download from itunes?

fosterdog
04-02-2008, 10:23 PM
FYI - I picked up my Toronto tickets through Ticketmaster.ca, and I received an email today from Ticketbastard confirming that I will indeed be eligible for the Live Trax 2008 compilation. In case any Canadians were still wondering.:upyours

brezz
04-03-2008, 06:04 AM
FYI - I picked up my Toronto tickets through Ticketmaster.ca, and I received an email today from Ticketbastard confirming that I will indeed be eligible for the Live Trax 2008 compilation. In case any Canadians were still wondering.:upyours

I'm pretty pissed considering I bought tickets thorugh tickets.com here in the States on Saturday and did not get the same email.

Brian

JWood
05-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I'm topping this. I'm looking forward to this becoming a trend for upcoming years so we don't get Live Trax Vol. 6, 9, & 10 released.

Although I do like Live Trax Vol. 6.

Trout
05-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I'm topping this. I'm looking forward to this becoming a trend for upcoming years so we don't get Live Trax Vol. 6, 9, & 10 released.

Although I do like Live Trax Vol. 6.

I dunno, this year has the potential with Tim to be one of those years where I'd actually like to see a couple live releases. We'll see if it lives up to the hype, but if this year is as good as I think it might be, bring on a June show as a Live Trax released in September and Greek Theater or MSG or something released on DVD for xmas.

Matias
05-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Not to sound greedy, but the band should've been making live tracks available in FLAC on their their fan club website a LONG TIME AGO.

This whole business of promoting proprietary software with live tracks is eerily reminiscent of the band's past failings with 'liquid audio' clips (anyone old enough to remember that?).

Monk
05-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Not to sound greedy, but the band should've been making live tracks available in FLAC on their their fan club website a LONG TIME AGO.

This whole business of promoting proprietary software with live tracks is eerily reminiscent of the band's past failings with 'liquid audio' clips (anyone old enough to remember that?).

Yes, FLAC would be better, but releasing an exclusive live album through iTunes, the largest online music retailer in the US, is a an exponential improvement over the liquid audio clips.

Moses
05-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Yes, FLAC would be better, but releasing an exclusive live album through iTunes, the largest online music retailer in the US, is a an exponential improvement over the liquid audio clips.

hit it right on the head

Matias
05-16-2008, 08:35 AM

That's a good point. I guess it just irks me that if I want to hear these exclusive live tracks, I'm expected to install and register this proprietary software that I have no interest in.

Not that I will of course, thank god for bit torrent.

DMBZeppelin
05-16-2008, 08:38 AM
For those of us who don't, care to explain?

Monk
05-16-2008, 09:51 PM
For those of us who don't, care to explain?

Liquid Audio was originally used to stream music with digital watermarking. DMB used it early on for their website for all their audio clips. It was crappy quality audio with crappy watermarking.

Matias
05-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Liquid Audio was originally used to stream music with digital watermarking. DMB used it early on for their website for all their audio clips. It was crappy quality audio with crappy watermarking.

I also believe the name "Anyone See the Bridge?" came from a Liquid Audio clip on the website with that title.

NiCK Crush
06-06-2008, 03:04 PM
i bet we'll see more then a couple covers on this release

dmb6743
06-06-2008, 11:12 PM
so i bought my tickets at a ticketmaster outlet using my credit card (which i have set up on ticketmaster.com), i didnt get an email about anything yet, but do you think i'd still get the tracks sent to me?

Monk
06-06-2008, 11:13 PM
so i bought my tickets at a ticketmaster outlet using my credit card (which i have set up on ticketmaster.com), i didnt get an email about anything yet, but do you think i'd still get the tracks sent to me?

I think they'll be sending them out at the end of the tour when the downloads become available.

dmb6743
06-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I think they'll be sending them out at the end of the tour when the downloads become available.

right but i mean do you think i'd still get them sent to me since i didnt buy the tickets online?

Monk
06-06-2008, 11:30 PM
right but i mean do you think i'd still get them sent to me since i didnt buy the tickets online?

Ahh. I don't see why not, you still bought a ticket via ticketmaster, but it should be fairly easy to get the tracks then either way.

Since they are calling it Live Trax 2008, it wouldn't surprise me if they'll also make this a release with a CD option through the dmband.com store with some extra tracks as incentive to buy to make some money off of this.

JWood
06-07-2008, 02:16 AM
They definitely need to make a Covers Compilation after this tour. The amount of the covers that will stack up is going to be legendary.

sdaltons
06-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Ahh. I don't see why not, you still bought a ticket via ticketmaster, but it should be fairly easy to get the tracks then either way.

Since they are calling it Live Trax 2008, it wouldn't surprise me if they'll also make this a release with a CD option through the dmband.com store with some extra tracks as incentive to buy to make some money off of this.

that would be excellent. i am a little concerned about the quality of the itunes release.

They definitely need to make a Covers Compilation after this tour. The amount of the covers that will stack up is going to be legendary.

i still don't think there's anyway this happens. don't they have to pay additional royalties and stuff if they release covers? it just doesn't make sense in DMB world for them to release a FREE cd with ONLY covers, then have to pay royalties on every song.

that said, i'm confident when all is said and done there will be quite a few covers from this tour i wish they'd release.

JWood
06-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Oh, I'm not saying make it on the free one, I'm just saying in general they should release (sell) one. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Because realistically, when are they going to play all of these covers again for us to get soundboard tapes of.

Monk
06-30-2008, 04:42 AM
WHICH TRACKS SHOULD MAKE THE CUT?
Based on what we have seen thus far, what songs would you like to see make the cut and which performances deserve a release? It would be nice to have a general idea of what people on TDC are thinking are the best candidates for this (supposed 6 track) release. Maybe we'll compile the suggestions that have multiple nominations toward the end of the tour and make a poll. Try to limit your picks to 6-8 if possible.

gweeps
06-30-2008, 06:04 AM
#41 6.17.08 (No ED outro)
Cornbread 6.10.08 (Many versions have rocked, but this is the first I was taken aback by)
A Dream So Real 6.21.08 (Dave's first, and so far only, try at this song on piano)
Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black) 6.18.08 (In Canada)
Two Step 6.20.08 (Great version, but you might find a better one?)
Pay for What You Get 6.14.08 (Same as above)
Money (That's What I Want) 5.31.08 (Best version so far...and the 1st)

Really, 7 choices would the best avenue to go, then DMB+Tim & Ross can pick a song.

And maybe there could be bonus tracks or something? A Dreaming Tree, IOY, SDL?

hkhund07
06-30-2008, 07:10 AM
I think SDL has to make the cut..
Also Hey Hey My My - first one at Camden was best
then:
Dreamingtree
Money (Pink Floyd cover)
Recently Water Wine outro
Please spare us:
IOY
Thank You

bsan83
06-30-2008, 07:26 AM
As of 6.30:

So Damn Lucky - 6.24
Two Step - 6.27
Loving Wings - 6.25
Seek Up - 6.25
The Maker - 6.14
You Might Die Trying - 6.7
Corn Bread - (whichever the best one is)
Ants Marching - 6.21

other honorable mentions:

The Dreaming Tree - (whichever the best one is)
The Stone - 6.24
Sledgehammer - 6.28
Pay for What You Get - 6.14
Recently --> Water/Wine - 6.7

Zamboni Guy
06-30-2008, 07:34 AM
I doubt there will be any covers on this sampler. They won't want to pay royalties for a free release.

bigdogfash
06-30-2008, 08:02 AM
any of the tunes with Bela from 6/6/08.... namely Cornbread

JWood
06-30-2008, 08:45 AM
I would love for it to have some covers, but I don't know if they would do that.

raven
06-30-2008, 08:47 AM
I doubt there will be any covers on this sampler. They won't want to pay royalties for a free release.Do they still have to pay royalties if they aren't selling it for profit?

italy8384
06-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Do they still have to pay royalties if they aren't selling it for profit?

Yeah.

JWood
06-30-2008, 08:51 AM
I'd like to see them do some type of "Covers" release sometime in the future though, with the amount of covers they have played in the past, and the ones this year.

fortyone
06-30-2008, 09:02 AM
So Damn Lucky, YMDT, ODH, #40, Dreaming Tree, Corn Bread and Two Step will all be on this. Various dates, but I am predicting these songs make the cut.

JustinC
06-30-2008, 09:40 AM
It's funny we have only had a month of the tour, imagine in the next two months. They might have to make the number like 15-16 songs. Because they are just on fire right now, with most of the songs they have played so far.

Why Missouri
06-30-2008, 11:07 AM
So Damn Lucky, YMDT, ODH, #40, Dreaming Tree, Corn Bread and Two Step will all be on this. Various dates, but I am predicting these songs make the cut.

except of ODH I agree with this list (perhaps a R&R would be nice too). . .sucks we won't see any covers because I would love to have an official release quality on each of the covers!

drh424s
06-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Pay For What You Get -- 6/7 (this is one of the best ones i've ever heard)
Cornbread with Bela -- 6/6
The Stone -- 6/24
Warehouse -- Whichever one they've done this year (I think there was only one)

Either Recently with Water/Wine

bsan83
06-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Bartender - 6.14 would be another great inclusion.

NiCK Crush
06-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Darien's Ants Marching

RB3
06-30-2008, 01:50 PM
SDL
Two Step
I'd like a sbd Thank You, too

jonkoch
06-30-2008, 02:11 PM
i would bet on

So Damn Lucky
Two Step
Old Dirt Hill
You Might Die Trying
Corn Bread
Out of My Hands
Ants Marching

JWood
07-10-2008, 05:01 PM
SO MUCH TO SAVE...RECYCLE and Cast Your Vote to Help Create the Track List for Dave Matthews Band's Digital Album! RECYCLE and You May Win Front Row Tickets!

What goes around does come around! There's no doubt that recycling is an important environmental stewardship effort which reaps many benefits key to the long-term sustainability of our planet.

Did you know that...
Recycling a soda can saves 96% of the energy used to make a can from ore, produces 95% less air pollution and 97% less water pollution?
One recycled aluminum can is equivalent in energy to a half a can full of gasoline?
If every American household recycled just one out of every ten discarded HDPE bottles (used in milk jugs and most shampoo and detergent bottles), it would keep 200,000,000 pounds of plastic out of landfills.
Please look for the Bama Green, So Much to Save customized recycling stations on the Dave Matthews Band tour this summer, beginning with the July 11, 2008 show at the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach, FL. You'll find the So Much to Save stations at the majority of the remaining shows this summer in the parking lots or at entrances of the venue. Every time you recycle a bottle or can at a So Much to Save location, you'll receive a ballot card with a unique code and a specific website address. Visit the website address after the show, enter your code and you'll be able to vote for your 3 favorite songs from the set list for that show. The winning songs will be included on a live digital album scheduled to be released at the end of the tour.

By recycling at one of the customized stations, you'll also be automatically entered to win a front row upgrade for the show that night! Visit the IZStyle/Warehouse tent in the Bama Green Eco Village at 7:30 pm to see if you are the lucky winner of a front row pair of tickets!

Dave Matthews Band, MusicMatters, Reverb and the Bama Green Project thank you in advance for assisting with the recycling effort and continued greening of the DMB 2008 tour!

JWood
07-10-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure if this is the iTunes thing or not, I'm guessing it is, or maybe they'll do one in stores too that has more songs on it (why wouldn't you? $$$).

But from the way that's worded that means you can only vote on songs from that show?

Steveo Style
07-10-2008, 05:04 PM
So I guess this doesn't mean any songs from shows pre-today make it?

JWood
07-10-2008, 05:05 PM

I'm optimistic they will, but I guess we can't vote on them.

Rowsdower
07-11-2008, 12:30 AM

Oh man, there are some gems they're omitting if they do that.

rvn10manu
07-11-2008, 10:57 AM
got a question about this whole thing. it says for every ticket you buy, you get a code. so i bought two tickets to two shows, do i get four codes? this has probably already been addressed, but im not backreading.

JWood
07-11-2008, 01:58 PM
got a question about this whole thing. it says for every ticket you buy, you get a code. so i bought two tickets to two shows, do i get four codes? this has probably already been addressed, but im not backreading.

good question. probably 1 code per show (per 2 tickets)

rvn10manu
07-11-2008, 03:15 PM

yeah, i wouldnt see why i would get 4 codes. but the way its stated leads me to believe that is the case

Monk
07-11-2008, 03:33 PM

Not sure, it may be per ticket. Otherwise if my buddy and I split a pair of tickets through ticketmaster/the warehouse, but we only received one code, who gets the download?

RB3
07-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Not sure, it may be per ticket. Otherwise if my buddy and I split a pair of tickets through ticketmaster/the warehouse, but we only received one code, who gets the download?

Cage match

DMBZeppelin
07-12-2008, 01:26 AM
I'm not sure if this is the iTunes thing or not, I'm guessing it is, or maybe they'll do one in stores too that has more songs on it (why wouldn't you? $$$).

But from the way that's worded that means you can only vote on songs from that show?

With the iTunes thing. Wasn't it 6 tracks picked by the band? Unless they have a 9 track sampler. 6 band picked, 3 fan picked.

Edit: The So Much to Save thing says digital album. Was the iTunes thing called an album, sampler, or EP?

sdaltons
07-12-2008, 07:29 AM
With the iTunes thing. Wasn't it 6 tracks picked by the band? Unless they have a 9 track sampler. 6 band picked, 3 fan picked.

Edit: The So Much to Save thing says digital album. Was the iTunes thing called an album, sampler, or EP?
i still think its something different from the itunes thing. hope i'm right.

also, we need live trax 13 announcement this week, and even if we're getting the itunes thing and so much to save, i still sort of want them to release a full 2008 show.

and if what steveo style said is true, it guarantees that all of so much to save will have jeff coffin and no leroi. so give us a full 2008 release from before roi's accident soon (pretty much busch or spac n2).

Tambourine Man
07-12-2008, 11:18 PM
The idea of the band picking the tracks makes me :lol

Zamboni Guy
09-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Any word on when this is coming out?

jonkoch
09-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Any word on when this is coming out?

the drunk frat boys are still voting...

this was a joke. they went up to drunk idiots in line, collected their beer cans to recycle and gave them a card with a code to vote. we're going to have a disc of the only songs they know...

crash
wtwe
two step
ants
wayg
space between

NiCK Crush
09-22-2008, 03:43 PM
You would think this would be cover-heavy.

DMBTex10101
09-22-2008, 05:03 PM
I think I would like the following . . . I dunno the dates yet, but I'm sure it won't be tough to find the best versions of each:

Sledgehammer
Sugar Will
So Damn Lucky
You Might Die Trying
Hey Hey My My
Two Step

Gets a little bit of everything there, plus I think it is some of the highlights from the tour.

Moses
09-22-2008, 05:05 PM
jakes posts in the first post are funny

truth is what you get people to believe :lol

pgr17
09-22-2008, 05:06 PM
You would think this would be cover-heavy.

do they have to pay royalties on something they are giving away for free? i never know how that works.

Dirtydeeds
09-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Hoping for a So Damn Lucky with the extended outro and a Sugar Will (Omaha would be nice) on this.

JWood
09-22-2008, 05:25 PM
I think I would like the following . . . I dunno the dates yet, but I'm sure it won't be tough to find the best versions of each:

Sledgehammer
Sugar Will 8.30
So Damn Lucky
You Might Die Trying
Hey Hey My My 8.30
Two Step

Gets a little bit of everything there, plus I think it is some of the highlights from the tour.

those are the two dates i know i would like

NiCK Crush
09-22-2008, 06:08 PM
do they have to pay royalties on something they are giving away for free? i never know how that works.

Good point, i keep forgetting about that.

dmb1981
09-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Sledgehammer
Sugar Will
So Damn Lucky
You Might Die Trying
Hey Hey My My
Two Step

couldnt have picked better myself. if anything id throw seek up from staples in there or any proudest monkey.

TwoStepN34
09-22-2008, 09:24 PM
I would like something like this:

Loving Wings 9.7
The Stone 7.1
Spoon 8.9
Proudest Monkey 8.9
Seek Up 9.6
#41 8.29
So Damn Lucky 8.19
Lover Lay Down 9.6

NiCK Crush
09-22-2008, 11:00 PM
While not the best performance wise, I'd like to see (Everyday) --> Halloween from Riverbend make it. If only for the sheer level of surprise it had.

Tomacco
09-22-2008, 11:11 PM
While not the best performance wise, I'd like to see (Everyday) --> Halloween from Riverbend make it. If only for the sheer level of surprise it had.

Yuck. Not enough a reason for me. Terrible version. And this is coming from somebody who was at 9/11/05 and still doesn't ever listen to the WOTR release of that Halloween.

dmbowns
09-23-2008, 12:18 AM
If you're going to release a Halloween it's gotta be Alpine Night 1.

gweeps
09-23-2008, 12:21 AM
If you're going to release a Halloween it's gotta be Alpine Night 1.8/16 sounds the best.

d.m.bfan222
09-23-2008, 12:48 AM

I agree, it's not the best Halloween but the surprise factor makes it release-worthy.

blsc1121
09-23-2008, 12:57 AM
I agree, it's not the best Halloween but the surprise factor makes it release-worthy.

And the crowd reaction was great. They busted into Halloween and it took the crowd a few seconds and then they just went nuts. That being said I thought Alpine N1 blew it away.

Smokey the Bear
09-23-2008, 06:16 AM
Loving Wings (Either Roi's last performance of it, or the one from 8/19.)
Sledgehammer
Lover Lay Down 9.6
The Stone 7.1
Halloween 8.9
Crush (Any Tim/Jeff version)
Burning Down the House 8.19
So Damn Lucky

sdaltons
09-23-2008, 07:12 AM
Loving Wings (Either Roi's last performance of it, or the one from 8/19.)
Sledgehammer
Lover Lay Down 9.6
The Stone 7.1
Halloween 8.9
Crush (Any Tim/Jeff version)
Burning Down the House 8.19
So Damn Lucky
i like this one a lot, but i still think spoon and sugar will need to make it somehow. i'm not expecting any covers, so maybe they can replace sledgehammer and bdth

Moses
09-23-2008, 09:29 AM
why does everyone think this will be all dmb w coffin and no roi?

NiCK Crush
09-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Well of course Alpine's Halloween was a better performance of a song. Riverbend's Halloween came outta the deepest, darkest, depths of left field. The band had no inkling of a clue that they possibly might have played Halloween that night. Pure, raw, completely unexpected Halloween nastiness.

gweeps
09-23-2008, 09:46 AM
why does everyone think this will be all dmb w coffin and no roi?

Because Coffin improvises more than Roi!11!!!!

Smokey the Bear
09-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Well of course Alpine's Halloween was a better performance of a song. Riverbend's Halloween came outta the deepest, darkest, depths of left field. The band had no inkling of a clue that they possibly might have played Halloween that night. Pure, raw, completely unexpected Halloween nastiness.

But its a shitty version, so why would we want it on the disc?

NiCK Crush
09-23-2008, 09:54 AM

Because I heard they are turning Alpine into a Gay Nudist Retreat.

dmb1981
09-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Loving Wings 6.25
The Stone 7.1
Spoon 8.9
Proudest Monkey 7.11
Seek Up 8.20 (by a long shot, my single favourite performance of the tour)
#41 7.2
Sugar Will 7.22
Slegdhammer 6.28

Tambourine Man
09-23-2008, 10:20 AM

the energy, man

sdaltons
09-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Because I heard they are turning Alpine into a Gay Nudist Retreat.
man i can't wait til next year

NiCK Crush
09-23-2008, 11:34 AM
:lol

Honestly thought, I'd like to see something like this....

Burning Down the House
Sledgehammer
Sugar Will
Spoon
Halloween
So Damn Lucky
Money --> Money
Proudest Monkey

kylebond13
09-23-2008, 12:52 PM
proudest monkey with shreddage better f'in make this disc

Poth Ead
09-23-2008, 01:16 PM
do we have an idea when they intend to release the iTunes set?
I hope they're FLAC and not shit mp3 :ponder

Tambourine Man
09-23-2008, 01:20 PM

i bet it's gonna be shit 128 aac.

NiCK Crush
09-23-2008, 01:59 PM

Probably soon, and there is no way that it will be FLAC.

JWood
09-23-2008, 02:11 PM
:lol FLAC

Poth Ead
09-23-2008, 03:38 PM
uhmmm well, I dont know much about iTunes :lol but I had a feeling FLAC wasn't happening. Why would they want to distribute AAC? Is that standard crap for iTunes?

Zamboni Guy
09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
AAC is the apple encoder and standard for iTunes.

Poth Ead
09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
AAC is the apple encoder and standard for iTunes.

aaah... thanks. i wasn't aware

JWood
09-23-2008, 03:46 PM
hopefully they do it in the iTunes Plus, but I doubt it...

they just released an exclusive Death Cab live set from the Palms and it's in regular Protected-AAC

Zamboni Guy
09-23-2008, 03:51 PM
iTunes Plus is label dependent. RCA doesn't do iTunes Plus. Lot's of indies do...as well as EMI (Coldplay and Radiohead).

tmgolf
09-30-2008, 05:38 AM
Isn't AAC the format that was developed by Dolby Labs and is better then mp3 as long as a higher bit rate then 128 is used? Here's hoping that maybe they will release it in Apple Lossless

when is this supposed to happen again or is this going to be like Warehouse packages

NiCK Crush
09-30-2008, 06:25 AM
when is this supposed to happen again or is this going to be like Warehouse packages

i'm usually not a "it's been posted a 100 times already" kind of guy... but glancing over the last two pages you could see many times how nobody knows when it is going to come out, but they suspect it will be somewhat soon.

we could see it today, or 3 months from now.

DMBZeppelin
09-30-2008, 06:49 AM
i'm usually not a "it's been posted a 100 times already" kind of guy... but glancing over the last two pages you could see many times how nobody knows when it is going to come out, but they suspect it will be somewhat soon.

we could see it today, or 3 months from now.
Kind of sucks though, because codes were suppose to go out in late September according to the original info
Live Trax 2008 will contain 6 tracks hand-picked by the band. Codes will be sent via email late September from Ticketmaster after the tour concludes.
Even the So Much to Say said it would be released at the end of the tour. So I kind of thought something would be announced yesterday, with a Tuesday iTunes release. Oh well, wouldn't surprise me if this never gets released.

NiCK Crush
09-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Wow thats right, I didnt remember them specifically saying late September in the first announcement. Figures it'd be late.

Jack
09-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Corn Bread
Sledgehammer
So Damn Lucky (Extended)
Spoon
(Everyday)->Halloween
Burning Down The House

I would be happy with this.

and I know that that halloween isn't very good, but it is one of the coolest things the band has ever done. (though astb->halloween would suffice).

JWood
09-30-2008, 10:35 AM
i didn't think it would come out in late sept after the south america tour was announced

JWood
09-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Oh well, wouldn't surprise me if this never gets released.

It will be released, there were two other companies involved with this deal (Apple & Ticketmaster) so they will make sure it gets done, technically it was part of our tickets.

Actually I bet someone could email Apple or Ticketmaster and find out an approximate release date.

Jack
09-30-2008, 10:53 AM
someone emailed tm and they said they had no idea, but soon.

NiCK Crush
09-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Corn Bread
Sledgehammer
So Damn Lucky (Extended)
Spoon
(Everyday)->Halloween
Burning Down The House

and I know that that halloween isn't very good, but it is one of the coolest things the band has ever done. (though astb->halloween would suffice).

Jack, this is spot on what I'd like to see. Well done.

mynameisdon
09-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Corn Bread
Sledgehammer
So Damn Lucky (Extended)
Spoon
(Everyday)->Halloween
Burning Down The House

Jack, this is spot on what I'd like to see. Well done.

JWood
09-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Corn Bread
Sledgehammer
So Damn Lucky (Extended)
Spoon
(Everyday)->Halloween
Burning Down The House

Only thing I would change would be the Halloween (as you indicated), and add Money to it (but that would be 3 covers, and who knows if they'll even put any on)

JWood
09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
someone emailed tm and they said they had no idea, but soon.

hopefully this would be out around the time of Live Trax 13

dmb2much40
09-30-2008, 08:15 PM
maybe some south american tracks will make it and that's why it's delayed?

Rowsdower
09-30-2008, 08:52 PM
I feel like making another list.

Bartender 6-14
Proudest Monkey 6-20
Lie in our Graves 6-21
Typical Situation 6-26
The Stone 7-1
Sugar Will 7-11
(Everyday) ...> Halloween 8-5
Loving Wings 9-7

kaisek
10-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Did I have to get my ticket through ticketmaster.com in order to get the link for this? Cause I just went to a local Kroger with a ticketmaster in it in Cincinnati and got my ticket there, not through the site.

PineappleGrass
10-02-2008, 04:37 PM
I just emailed TM and they sent me this reply: (They replied within 5 minutes of my email - pretty impressive)

Thank you again for your purchase of Dave Matthews Band tickets through Ticketmaster. We have just learned the band is still working on finalizing the 6 hand-picked tracks for Live Trax 2008. While we regret the delay, we want you to know that the band is interested in providing the best quality tracks to their fans. We believe we will be able to send your Live Trax 2008 redemption code to you in October. On behalf of Ticketmaster, iTunes, and Dave Matthews Band, thanks in advance for your continued patience.

Thank you for using Ticketmaster where we really appreciate your business. We strive for nothing less than World Class Service, and hope that we have met that goal today. Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
Sincerely,

Holly_ZWS695
Ticketmaster iTunes Customer Service
Hours: 9am - 11pm (ES/DT) daily
Tel: 866-890-7302

greppson
10-02-2008, 04:52 PM
jesus people, they aren't even back home from the tour yet. that's why we haven't gotten anything yet.

south america may not be summer tour, but they are still out on the road. as is most of the crew as well, who would probably have some say in the choices, ie lawlor perhaps along with the archivist. and hell, maybe even the band.

let's wait til it's the actual off season. it'll make it go by faster. :)

Moses
10-02-2008, 04:57 PM
jesus people, they aren't even back home from the tour yet. that's why we haven't gotten anything yet.

south america may not be summer tour, but they are still out on the road. as is most of the crew as well, who would probably have some say in the choices, ie lawlor perhaps along with the archivist. and hell, maybe even the band.

let's wait til it's the actual off season. it'll make it go by faster. :)

crew wouldn't have say in it. and the archivist isn't "on the road" I don't believe. no problem in emailing with a question

Crumbo
10-02-2008, 10:38 PM
crew wouldn't have say in it. and the archivist isn't "on the road" I don't believe. no problem in emailing with a question

:lmao

Moses
10-02-2008, 10:44 PM
:lmao

nice post kid

Crumbo
10-02-2008, 10:45 PM
nice post kid

if you only knew

Moses
10-02-2008, 10:46 PM
if you only knew

nice post kid lolz

JWood
10-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I just emailed TM and they sent me this reply: (They replied within 5 minutes of my email - pretty impressive)

Thank you again for your purchase of Dave Matthews Band tickets through Ticketmaster. We have just learned the band is still working on finalizing the 6 hand-picked tracks for Live Trax 2008. While we regret the delay, we want you to know that the band is interested in providing the best quality tracks to their fans. We believe we will be able to send your Live Trax 2008 redemption code to you in October. On behalf of Ticketmaster, iTunes, and Dave Matthews Band, thanks in advance for your continued patience.

Thank you for using Ticketmaster where we really appreciate your business. We strive for nothing less than World Class Service, and hope that we have met that goal today. Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
Sincerely,

Holly_ZWS695
Ticketmaster iTunes Customer Service
Hours: 9am - 11pm (ES/DT) daily
Tel: 866-890-7302

Just got an email like this from Ticketmaster, as an update, i did not email them.

raven
10-04-2008, 08:23 AM
crew wouldn't have say in it. and the archivist isn't "on the road" I don't believe. no problem in emailing with a question:wtf

JWood
10-04-2008, 01:19 PM
:wtf

Waka Jawaka
10-04-2008, 02:38 PM

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4040/hsughbe0.gif

DMBZeppelin
10-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Just got an email like this from Ticketmaster, as an update, i did not email them.

I got one as well yesterday, here's what it said:

Thank you again for your purchase of Dave Matthews Band tickets through Ticketmaster. We have just learned the band is still working on finalizing the hand-picked tracks for Live Trax 2008. While we regret the delay, we want you to know that the band is interested in providing the best quality tracks to their fans. We believe we will be able to send your Live Trax 2008 redemption code to you in mid to late October. On behalf of Ticketmaster, iTunes, and Dave Matthews Band, thanks in advance for your continued patience.

Thank you again for using Ticketmaster.

DMBZeppelin
10-04-2008, 10:53 PM
if you only knew

It's all about TDC+ dawg.

K270
10-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Since the tour is done I hope the breakdown is as follows:

2 from the East Coast
1 from the Midwest
2 from the West Coast
1 from the South America

I do hope the Bartender from the LA show is on the disc. The one from the night of 'Rois passing. I'm sure it's a highly emotional Bartender. I'd also like the Loving Wings from Berkley. Not sure what Midwest or east coast track I'd include or what South American track to include. I'm sure it'll be a decent disc. But please, don't include any covers on this disc. It should be DMB music, not covers.

DMBZeppelin
10-05-2008, 03:58 AM
Since the tour is done I hope the breakdown is as follows:

2 from the East Coast
1 from the Midwest
2 from the West Coast
1 from the South America

I do hope the Bartender from the LA show is on the disc. The one from the night of 'Rois passing. I'm sure it's a highly emotional Bartender. I'd also like the Loving Wings from Berkley. Not sure what Midwest or east coast track I'd include or what South American track to include. I'm sure it'll be a decent disc. But please, don't include any covers on this disc. It should be DMB music, not covers.
I'm 99% sure there won't be a song from South America on there.

jmur
10-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm 99% sure there won't be a song from South America on there.

ditto. as its a summer tour disc....BUT i wouldnt be upset if something from south america made it on there. :)

JWood
10-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Here's my vote:

#41 (with Jeff)
Halloween 8.9
Money
So Damn Lucky (extended outro)
The Stone
Sugar Will 8.30

yea right

DMBZeppelin
10-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Here's my vote:

#41 (with Jeff)
Halloween 8.9
Money
So Damn Lucky (extended outro)
The Stone
Sugar Will 8.30

yea right
I think at this point I wouldn't waste my time with an SDL. Whatever show they release next from the 08 tour will probably have it. I'd rather get the stuff we won't get otherwise. Water/Wine from Columbus, any of the Sugar Will's though I like Omaha or Gorge the best.

Overall though I hope we don't all go WTF when looking at the track listing. I'll be pissed if all the songs suck.

JWood
10-05-2008, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they were a little :wtf, we might get Old Dirt Hill...

I also wouldn't be surprised if there were repeats from Live Trax 13

Poth Ead
10-05-2008, 03:20 PM
The Stone
Gravedigger
Spoon (8.9.08)
Stay or Leave
The Dreaming Tree

kvisser
10-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Update:
Thank you again for your purchase of Dave Matthews Band tickets through Ticketmaster. We have just learned the band is still working on finalizing the hand-picked tracks for Live Trax 2008. While we regret the delay, we want you to know that the band is interested in providing the best quality tracks to their fans. We believe we will be able to send your Live Trax 2008 redemption code to you in mid to late October. On behalf of Ticketmaster, iTunes, and Dave Matthews Band, thanks in advance for your continued patience.

Thank you again for using Ticketmaster.

italy8384
10-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Yeah I'm sure the band is hard at work hand picking the tracks.....

timmyp228
10-07-2008, 06:43 PM
i have to imagine that its going to be pretty difficult for the band to pick their favorite version of some songs, they played sdl so many times. i think someone is going to shorten the list of each song for them or something like that. they didnt sit around downloading shows all summer like some of us.

Crush87
10-07-2008, 06:53 PM
I feel like I'm losing interest in this the longer it takes (not bitching at all).

Monk
10-07-2008, 06:57 PM
I feel like I'm losing interest in this the longer it takes (not bitching at all).

LT13 will distract most of us. Then as long as they release this compilation and it differs from of LT13 and isn't full of radio hits, it will spark interest again.

NiCK Crush
10-08-2008, 01:41 AM
Bottom line, another 2008 show needs to be released at some point. LT13 and this Sampler just arent enough.

JWood
10-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Bottom line, another 2008 show needs to be released at some point. LT13 and this Sampler just arent enough.

agreed, and it needs to be a show with jeff, imo

Moses
10-08-2008, 10:59 AM

um. i think they will.

JWood
10-08-2008, 11:03 AM
what happened to the creepy av pic mos?

greppson
10-08-2008, 12:43 PM
i'm thinking LT14 will be announced very soon with a early December release date. just in time for the holidays... maybe something like 12.20.02 or 12.21.02.

Rowsdower
10-08-2008, 01:29 PM
i'm thinking LT14 will be announced very soon with a early December release date. just in time for the holidays... maybe something like 12.20.02 or 12.21.02.

The two shows as a set would be awesome. I'd like an '02 show to listen to.

FiddySpence
10-08-2008, 01:35 PM
i want an msg show, period. although i'd prefer pretty much any other year to '02 or '05 msg.

Moses
10-08-2008, 01:42 PM
nah one of the S.A shows is a lock

dmb1981
10-08-2008, 01:47 PM

staples night 1 (or 2 for that matter, eg: seek up). not just b/c of what went down - the band is at the top of their game.

NiCK Crush
10-08-2008, 01:50 PM
um. i think they will.

Um, so do I, but I wanted to state it again via another post.

JWood
10-08-2008, 03:30 PM
gotta get

JWood
that post count

JWood
up. right NiCK?

RB3
10-09-2008, 11:10 AM
nah one of the S.A shows is a lock

Please let it be 9/30

FiddySpence
10-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Please let it be 9/30

i think that's the one they're apparently planning on.

kylebond13
10-11-2008, 07:31 PM
ive been without internet at home for awhile. can anyone up a great proudest monkey from this tour? i already have rothbury, but i think someone mentioned a couple other widely accepted as "the best" of the 2008 tour. if so, THANKS!

dm40band
10-13-2008, 01:34 AM
check out Alpine or the 6.20.08 version

Smokey the Bear
10-13-2008, 04:23 AM
ive been without internet at home for awhile. can anyone up a great proudest monkey from this tour? i already have rothbury, but i think someone mentioned a couple other widely accepted as "the best" of the 2008 tour. if so, THANKS!

Staples Center

Smokey the Bear
10-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Crush w/ Jeff absolutely needs to end up on here. 7/2 is my favorite version right now, but I'd love to hear everyone elses' favorites

The Godfather
10-13-2008, 08:35 AM
what about Sugar Will from 7.9.08?

bsan83
10-13-2008, 08:49 AM
what about Sugar Will from 7.9.08?

They should choose one they don't almost trainwreck instead.

The Godfather
10-13-2008, 09:03 AM
They should choose one they don't almost trainwreck instead.

It wasn't a trainweck at all.

raven
10-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Crush w/ Jeff absolutely needs to end up on here. 7/2 is my favorite version right now, but I'd love to hear everyone elses' favoritespersonally I think Crush w/ Roi from Hartford was the best this year and one of the best ever. The call and response between Tim and Roi was incredible.

bobblehedjesus
10-13-2008, 10:45 AM
personally I think Crush w/ Roi from Hartford was the best this year and one of the best ever. The call and response between Tim and Roi was incredible.

As was Busch's Crush. Thank God were getting it tomorrow!

JWood
10-13-2008, 12:28 PM
:lol i had a dream last night that this had 3, yes THREE tracks of openers on it.

i don't know why i was dreaming about it, but having 3 DMB songs and 3 Opener songs, horrible.

Majew10
10-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Crush from Scranton(6.10) in the fucking thunderstorm with the tornado siren going off just insane.

ThememanXX
10-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Crush from Scranton(6.10) in the fucking thunderstorm with the tornado siren going off just insane.

tornado siren? :screwy

bobblehedjesus
10-13-2008, 06:38 PM
So maybe tomorrow on this?

JWood
10-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Negative

Poth Ead
10-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Next week... so I hear...

Zamboni Guy
10-13-2008, 10:58 PM
After hearing LT13....this sampler is a GOTS TO HAVE SITUATION ASAP.

Smokey the Bear
10-14-2008, 05:46 AM
After hearing LT13....this sampler is a GOTS TO HAVE SITUATION ASAP.

Because LT13 is good or not good? I'm on the fence about buying it

Zamboni Guy
10-14-2008, 08:15 AM

It's great.

Rowsdower
10-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Maybe now that Live Trax 13 is out, we'll get some info on this soon. Can't wait.

bobblehedjesus
10-18-2008, 06:04 PM
I wanna hear a solid #41 w/Jeff on it. He went nuts on this song this summer! Whats one of the best this year? I was at the Omaha show and it was great.

JWood
10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
So tomorrow?

Doubtful.

Mersh
10-20-2008, 02:42 PM

I'd pass on it and get it elsewhere.

Mersh
10-20-2008, 02:43 PM
is this actually going to happen? I figure maybe and that way the WH discs can be pushed back until like July.

JWood
10-20-2008, 02:46 PM
:boohoo

cgator41
10-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I'd pass on it and get it elsewhere.

I would say the same thing. There are a few highlights, but overall it's just an ordinary show.

CRUSHsoccer15
10-20-2008, 03:01 PM
we need an SDL w/ extended outro ASAP.

did we ever find out if they are going to sell this on itunes also?

i went 9 for 9 this year thru the WH and didn't use TM.

Mersh
10-20-2008, 03:09 PM
we need an SDL w/ extended outro ASAP.

did we ever find out if they are going to sell this on itunes also?

i went 9 for 9 this year thru the WH and didn't use TM.

I thought it was determined that this would also be available to WH ticket buyers.

Tomacco
10-20-2008, 03:54 PM
What we really needed from this summer tour was a DVD release, but I don't see it happening. Usually we're all aware when something's being or been taped for a DVD release.

Zamboni Guy
10-20-2008, 04:01 PM
I thought it was determined that this would also be available to WH ticket buyers.

It is available to WH buyers. It was in a couple emails.

Zamboni Guy
10-20-2008, 04:03 PM
From an email on April 17th.

Fans Who Purchase Tickets Through Ticketmaster.com Will Receive a Free Digital Album in September!

Tickets for many Dave Matthews Band summer tour shows are still available! Fans who purchase their DMB summer tour tickets through Ticketmaster.com this tour season will receive a special bonus: an exclusive, free digital album comprised of highlights from the 40-city tour. Unique codes will be sent via email in mid September which may be used to redeem the digital album through iTunes. One code will be issued per ticket sold through Ticketmaster.com only. Each Warehouse member with a confirmed Warehouse ticket order will also receive a code to redeem the digital album.

Rowsdower
10-20-2008, 04:20 PM
From an email on April 17th.

Fans Who Purchase Tickets Through Ticketmaster.com Will Receive a Free Digital Album in September!

Tickets for many Dave Matthews Band summer tour shows are still available! Fans who purchase their DMB summer tour tickets through Ticketmaster.com this tour season will receive a special bonus: an exclusive, free digital album comprised of highlights from the 40-city tour. Unique codes will be sent via email in mid September which may be used to redeem the digital album through iTunes. One code will be issued per ticket sold through Ticketmaster.com only. Each Warehouse member with a confirmed Warehouse ticket order will also receive a code to redeem the digital album.

Wah wah wahhhhhh

CRUSHsoccer15
10-20-2008, 04:29 PM
sweet. thanks for digging that up.

Tambourine Man
10-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Clearly DMB and TM suck, but they didn't have to do this.

Rowsdower
10-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Clearly DMB and TM suck, but they didn't have to do this.

Very true. I have a feeling this little treat will be worth the wait too. Lots of gems from this tour that might get a shot of being released.

Mersh
10-20-2008, 05:50 PM
What we really needed from this summer tour was a DVD release, but I don't see it happening. Usually we're all aware when something's being or been taped for a DVD release.

meh, I'd much rather have audio releases than DVD releases.

Tomacco
10-20-2008, 05:52 PM

Well, when I say DVD release, I just assume it would also be available on CD. And even if it wasn't, I could easily rip the audio from the DVD, so it wouldn't be a big loss. I listen to concerts far more than watching concert DVDs, but when the mood strikes, watching a great concert DVD is a real treat (ie: RCMH, CP).

lcause
10-20-2008, 06:11 PM

Obviously, but when has a DVD release replaced an audio release or allowed us to get less audio releases? It's not like its a trade off for one or another...

I would love a GOOD full band blu ray

Mersh
10-20-2008, 06:14 PM
and DMB will never put out a DVD that isn't middle of the road in terms of set an such.

I guess I end up watching a concert DVD like twice at best (and probably not even all the way through) and then never again.

Tomacco
10-20-2008, 06:17 PM
and DMB will never put out a DVD that isn't middle of the road in terms of set an such.

CP is pretty amazing all-around.

Mersh
10-20-2008, 06:24 PM
CP is pretty amazing all-around.

Sure, great show, but middle of the road setlist wise.

Tomacco
10-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Sure, great show, but middle of the road setlist wise.

I suppose, mainly in the second half. It would have been so cool if the setlist had a couple more 03 highlights and looked something like this:

Don't Drink the Water
So Much to Say > ASTB >
Rapunzel
Granny
Crush
Song That Jane Likes
Dancing Nancies
Warehouse
Ants Marching
Instrumental Intro > One Sweet World
Two Step
Help Myself
Cortez the Killer
Jimi Thing
Grace is Gone
Minarets >
Watchtower

Mersh
10-20-2008, 06:55 PM
I was glad I made the trip to CP, it was a great time.

batleon
10-20-2008, 07:20 PM
I'd like a DVD with Tim, but I too prefer audio releases, it's so much easier to listen to a show then to watch it. At this point I have CP, LS, and the Gorge DVDs and I feel that's plenty.

I also have Ten Spot and Crashing the Quarter which are good views if not the best quality.

javadrumboy
10-20-2008, 07:39 PM
I'd love a DVD of Roi's last show. I know the quality would be subpar, but I'd be okay with it.

jimijamarchtowr
10-20-2008, 09:43 PM
^^^I have the dvd of Roi's last show, haven't checked it out yet, but I'd be happy to hook you up.

Rowsdower
10-20-2008, 10:08 PM
I suppose, mainly in the second half. It would have been so cool if the setlist had a couple more 03 highlights and looked something like this:

Unfortunately, the "highlights" from '03 were not performed very well in '03. Also, I can't imagine a crowd of 100,000 mostly casual fans would respond well to something like Spoon or The Dreaming Tree.

Tomacco
10-20-2008, 11:13 PM
Unfortunately, the "highlights" from '03 were not performed very well in '03. Also, I can't imagine a crowd of 100,000 mostly casual fans would respond well to something like Spoon or The Dreaming Tree.

Spoon was performed great, IMO, as was Minarets, Typical Situation, Cry Freedom, Help Myself, and others.