PDA

View Full Version : Live Trax 13 - June 7, 2008 | Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Jack
08-08-2008, 11:08 AM
*Please note that the ship date for Live Trax 13 has been changed to Friday, October 10, 2008. All items ordered with the Pre-Order will ship together after the 3 p.m. Pre-Order closing on October 10th.

:upyours

http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/1/product_medium/DMCD56.jpg

http://www.dmbalmanac.com/showposters/453056581.jpg

Two Step
Rhyme & Reason
Cornbread
Crash Into Me (Dixie Chicken) :segue
One Sweet World
So Damn Lucky
Crush
Don't Drink the Water
Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)
Pay for What You Get (Norwegian Wood)
Recently :segue
Water / Wine Jam :segue
Nature :segue Tripping Billies
Grey Street
You Might Die Trying
Ants Marching (Dave & Timtro, We Wish You a Merry Christmas)
(#40)
Everyday (Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd)
Louisiana Bayou
(Highway to Hell)
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

pepelapag
08-08-2008, 11:10 AM
is this for real or you are suggesting it as a LT?

rvn10manu
08-08-2008, 11:12 AM
knew it was going to happen eventually.....pretty excited as i was there....im now 2/3 on going to shows that get released......really dig the cover art too

bsan83

John Chimpo
Meh.

Penguins66
real, brah

killymagee
Its real and a good choice.

bsan83
08-08-2008, 11:13 AM
There's a lot that I really like about this show, and next to nothing (short SDL, ED and Bayou encore, and that's it) to dislike.

pgr17
08-08-2008, 11:14 AM
eh... disappointed. again.

pepelapag
08-08-2008, 11:14 AM
would have liked to see one with the extended SDL, but this is a pretty good choice!

malachite00
08-08-2008, 11:17 AM
This was a great show, but I wish they would have waited until the end of the tour to choose one (preferably one with Sugar Will). Plus the recording I already have of this is great.

3-D
08-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Well, we've still got the iTunes album to look forward to.

bsan83
08-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Initial reactions to LT releases make me want to punt kittens. :lol

CRUSHsoccer15
08-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Awful.

Just wait till the end of the damn tour and choose something.

Nothing about this show highlights how unique and awesome this year has been.

No extended SDL, no Coffin.

DMBTex10101
08-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm alway excited for another Trax . . . however I still don't understand why the release shows from tours that aren't even complete yet. That said, I'm not surprised, and not too disappointed, I'm definitely looking forward to the PFWYG, Recently>Water/Wine>Billies, the Two Step, the Cornbread and 27, Hey Hey My My, and having a nice crisp Thank You.

hobbesthecat
08-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Its real and a good choice.
it's real and a HORRIBLE choice

bsan83
08-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Awful.

Are you on heroin today?

First off, it starts with 3 straight songs that Tim rips the ever living fuck out of. It still has SDL, an absolutely absurd Crush again featuring Tim and 'Roi going back and forth forever, 2 excellent covers in Hey Hey My My and Thank You, perfect debuts of Pay for and Recently --> W/W --> Billies, Tim ripping the sweet crap out of Die Trying, and Ants with the D+T intro. No nothing unique to this tour whatsoever :lol

dmb1981
08-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Awful.

agree, cool to get an '08, but a silly choice considering whats available from this tour.

come on DMB, wake up.

bsan83
08-08-2008, 11:27 AM
You guys honestly don't think another release this tour with Coffin is coming? Really?

AHHHHHHHHHH

dmb1981
08-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Are you on heroin today?

First off, it starts with 3 straight songs that Tim rips the ever living fuck out of. It still has SDL, an absolutely absurd Crush again featuring Tim and 'Roi going back and forth forever, 2 excellent covers in Hey Hey My My and Thank You, perfect debuts of Pay for and Recently --> W/W --> Billies, Tim ripping the sweet crap out of Die Trying, and Ants with the D+T intro. No nothing unique to this tour whatsoever :lol

im not happy with this, but this die trying is my fav of the tour. tim ripps it.

hobbesthecat
08-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Are you on heroin today?

the SDL is sub par compared to ones with the extended outro...the same goes for W/W jam and yes I know the extended version came out after this show, still. i've heard a TON of live ants, tripping, crush...give us something new and fresh. i guess i just don't care for that PFYWG or truncated Recently.

ehhh hobbes is just being a whiney bitch today

bsan83
08-08-2008, 11:30 AM
I just find it funny that you say "give us something new and fresh" and use a completely reworked Crush as your example of "same old same old".

gemma
08-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Come on. It was obvious they were going to release one with Roi. They don't need to wait until the end of the tour to do that. This is probably one of the best picks, and they'll release one with Coffin later no doubt.

Welsh
08-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Awful.

They could have waited. But I have a feeling this won't be the only thing released this tour. The team that picks these things tries to pick BIG shows. They want to get a mix of concerts, some that are lesser known older shows, and some big-venue "blockbusters" that we here at TDC tend to not like as much. This would be the latter.

hobbesthecat
08-08-2008, 11:34 AM
I just find it funny that you say "give us something new and fresh" and use a completely reworked Crush as your example of "same old same old".
yea that didn't make too much...maybe should have throw in LB instead.

bsan83
08-08-2008, 11:34 AM
You quite frankly haven't listened to this show in a while, if not period, if you're disappointed by it being the first (not only, first) '08 release.

CRUSHsoccer15
08-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Are you on heroin today?

The band keeps getting better every night. I don't want a show from week one of the tour.

UVA41
this is a great release. They will release several more from the tour, and probably a "live at cal-berkeley" 3-show set. So we will get plenty of releases from this tour

hobbesthecat
Come on. It was obvious they were going to release one with Roi. They don't need to wait until the end of the tour to do that. This is probably one of the best picks, and they'll release one with Coffin later no doubt.
how can you say this show is better than SPAC 2? i know it's beating a dead horse" but come on, REALLY?

pgr17
08-08-2008, 11:37 AM
i haven't listened to this show. i'm not saying it isn't a great show. maybe one of the top 5 of 2008. i don't know.

i'm just tired of in-tour releases. i'm tired of Live Trax being used for recent releases. release them as "live releases". save Live Trax for old-school shows that no one has heard or great shows from the archives.

so yeah... i'm disappointed.

rvn10manu
08-08-2008, 11:39 AM
guys, this was a very great show. sure it was early in the tour, but it is still great. if you arent happy with the choice then dont buy it. everything will be ok

hobbesthecat
i'm just tired of in-tour releases. i'm tired of Live Trax being used for recent releases. release them as "live releases". save Live Trax for old-school shows that no one has heard or great shows from the archives.

i feel the EXACT same way, oh well

i mean i know that not everyone is going to be happy with anything the band does or put out...it just seems like there's a BIG lack in judgement with a lot of things this band does off the stage (or whomever is in charge of release these albums)

gemma
how can you say this show is better than SPAC 2? i know it's beating a dead horse" but come on, REALLY?

Well I'm not saying it's better. I'm not comparing it to anything, I'm just saying it's probably ONE of the best picks.

But that's Bad question for me personally to answer anyway. I was at both and I'm not one of the ones who think that SPAC 2 was even close to the 'best show of the tour' or anything like it, so... :dunno

Tomacco
08-08-2008, 11:41 AM
This will hold me over until they release one of the Coffin shows from 2008. I'm sure something else is on its way - Greek or MSG or something.

Jack
08-08-2008, 11:42 AM
But that's Bad question for me personally to answer anyway. I was at both and I'm not one of the ones who think that SPAC 2 was even close to the 'best show of the tour' or anything like it, so... :dunno

so, you're saying you're a realist???

hobbesthecat
08-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Well I'm not saying it's better. I'm not comparing it to anything, I'm just saying it's probably ONE of the best picks.

imo, from start to finish SPAC2 is tighter than St Louis...especially with the abscence of any SU songs. and also St Lois beginning with LB kind of ends weak (even though Tim rips apart every version of Thank You)

bsan83
08-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Listening now: Tim on this Thank You is fucking ridiculous.

bsan83
08-08-2008, 11:44 AM
imo, from start to finish SPAC2 is tighter than St Louis...especially with the abscence of any SU songs. and also St Lois beginning with LB kind of ends weak (even though Tim rips apart every version of Thank You)

Bayou blows, but Die Trying is a highlight of this release, for sure. Tim Tim Tim Tim Tim

batleon
08-08-2008, 11:44 AM
The tour has come a long way since this show. I hope this is the first of several releases from this year, after getting four full shows from last year I hope we get the same again.

There were other shows from June that were better than this one. But this one isn't bad, and fits a lot of roles. Big event show, rarities for the hardcore fans, crowd favorites for the laymen. Fact is I will buy any release from this tour. This will be the first post-'00 LT I spend money on.

RB3
08-08-2008, 11:45 AM
It's always about money.

hobbesthecat
08-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Listening now: Tim on this Thank You is fucking ridiculous.
agreed

Bayou blows, but Die Trying is a highlight of this release, for sure. Tim Tim Tim Tim Tim
the new outro with Tim is insane, BUT for me (dunno if i'm in the minority) the beginning of the song is just awful and reminds me of how poor SU is for an album

Moses
08-08-2008, 11:48 AM
some people...

:uhno

pepelapag
Awful.

why would they EVER release a LT with a guy subbing for a band member that was in an accident? come on, that's scraping at the bottom of the barrel for reasons to hate this release.

Tomacco
I haven't heard this YMDT but it's probably the most important trank on the release for me. Anyone know if it's as good as the 5/30 or 6/18 versions?

Why Missouri
i was at the show so I don't mind this release. . .actually the only thing I'm excited about is having Hey Hey My My on an official release. . .it has disappeared from the more recent shows (with some better selists on paper) which I thought would have been the live trax

batleon
08-08-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm excited for Hey Hey My My. Wish I'd caught that one at one of my shows.

hobbesthecat
08-08-2008, 11:49 AM
some people...

some people what?

don't drool and idolize everything the band and management spoon feed to the fans?

bsan83
08-08-2008, 11:50 AM
I haven't heard this YMDT but it's probably the most important trank on the release for me. Anyone know if it's as good as the 5/30 or 6/18 versions?

Haven't heard 6.18 but it cockslaps 5.30.

Per553
i wonder if they call #27 "i hope you'll be by me then."

i wonder if they tracklist #40. was it just a 2 second tease?

Moses
this YMDT will blow your mind

blew mine for sure. albeit I was high on peyote at the time... hmmm

inmytree
Why does everyone expect a live release with Coffin? They may be wary about releasing a live album without one of the five core members. They got Coffin because they needed to complete these dates, but I'm not sure if we'll see a ton of officially released material.

As it is, this is a fantastic show...I don't really understand the ire when a Live Trax is released. This series is obviously going to be going for quite a while. There will be old shows released, as well as new ones. Tons of shows for years and years and years; why would they not? They have a fanbase hungry for professionally mixed shows from the band's past and present. I mean, in four or five months there'll probably be show from the 90s, so why worry? I don't think DMB management expects everyone to buy every Live Trax, (although I'm sure they hope people will) especially if this continues on for a while.

pgr17
08-08-2008, 11:52 AM
maybe this is one of those mistakes like they made with 8/31/95 and this is really 6/7/97.

:nod

hobbesthecat
Why does everyone expect a live release with Coffin? They may be wary about releasing a live album without one of the five core members. They got Coffin because they needed to complete these dates, but I'm not sure if we'll see a ton of officially released material.

As it is, this is a fantastic show...I don't really understand the ire when a Live Trax is released. This series is obviously going to be going for quite a while. There will be old shows released, as well as new ones. Tons of shows for years and years and years; why would they not? They have a fanbase hungry for professionally mixed shows from the band's past and present. I mean, in four or five months there'll probably be show from the 90s, so why worry? I don't think DMB management expects everyone to buy every Live Trax, (although I'm sure they hope people will) especially if this continues on for a while.
i think most people who are not fans of this release feel that these live trax releases during current tours are premature...just let the tour finish out and pick the best cut.

willndmb
eh... disappointed. again.

me too
spac or the show the other night would be my choices so far from this yr
but spac already has a release and the other night had no horns, let alone no roi

Per553
08-08-2008, 11:53 AM
maybe the person who decided to release this show had OCD and thought releasing a show with the date 6.7.08 was nothing short of AWESOME.

cgator41
08-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Why does everyone expect a live release with Coffin?

Because he has revived a number of songs and completely taken them to a new level (41, Seek Up, Dreaming Tree with the flute, etc.) These releases should (but most of the time don't) showcase something unique from a tour/show.

I mean the Tampa show (Jane, Sugar Will debut, Seek Up) was a lot more interesting than the one at Busch. If they want one with Roi, release Spac Night 2. How is that not a given?

Tomacco
08-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Because he has revived a number of songs and completely taken them to a new level (41, Seek Up, Dreaming Tree with the flute, etc.) These releases should (but most of the time don't) showcase something unique from a tour/show.

I mean the Tampa show (Jane, Sugar Will debut, Seek Up) was a lot more interesting than the one at Busch. If they want one with Roi, release Spac Night 2. How is that not a given?

They may have avoided the SPAC show solely because of LT11, but I dunno.

cgator41
08-08-2008, 12:00 PM

True, but a great show is a great show. Who really cares where it took place?

RB3
08-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Gone are my dreams of getting a 2008 LT box set with 4 awesome shows :\

Per553
08-08-2008, 12:02 PM
hartford n2 was really good, as was scranton with #41-->ants to open.

Per553
08-08-2008, 12:03 PM
True, but a great show is a great show. Who really cares where it took place?

management. they will make more money if they sell stuff from different venues because different fans from differnet geographic locations will eat it up and then ideally get hooked for future releases.

Tomacco
08-08-2008, 12:04 PM
I would have preferred 5/31, 6/14, 6/17, and 6/21 but thats about it.

bsan83
08-08-2008, 12:06 PM
5.31 is nowhere near this show. 6.14 is about the one 'Roi show I'd consider over this I think.

willndmb
08-08-2008, 12:07 PM

besides the fact they already blew off the best spac show - 97

Tomacco
08-08-2008, 12:08 PM
5.31 is nowhere near this show. 6.14 is about the one 'Roi show I'd consider over this I think.

Whatever, I think it has more to do with song choice. I would have liked to get LIOG, Money > Money, Melissa, and The Maker.

Rowsdower
08-08-2008, 12:09 PM
This is not a very good choice, IMO. There are many other more interesting shows from this year and probably many other more interesting shows they have yet to play. I'm not buying this.

drh424s
08-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Awful.

ummm what planet are you from?

hobbesthecat
08-08-2008, 12:33 PM
ummm what planet are you from?
earth?

PurePlayer34
08-08-2008, 12:34 PM
i haven't listened to this show. i'm not saying it isn't a great show. maybe one of the top 5 of 2008. i don't know.

Such as a JUNE 97

drh424s
08-08-2008, 12:34 PM

the performances were better, setlist? no, performances were tight and on par, which wasn't always the case at spac night 2

drh424s
08-08-2008, 12:36 PM
earth?

apparantly not

EClayton08
08-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Moses getting mad people are mad about this released. Color me surprised.

drh424s
08-08-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm happy, it was my hometown show (though I still think Hartford Night 2 is my fave of the tour) and finally we get put on an album. It was special, every performance was tight and perfect, and one of the best regular sets i've ever seen. I couldn't be happier. If someone's mad its not your specfic request, then don't buy it. Simple as that.

hobbesthecat
08-08-2008, 12:40 PM
the performances were better, setlist? no, performances were tight and on par, which wasn't always the case at spac night 2
SDL was a stellar version...and the best #40 version in what DECADES?

krayz
08-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Absolutely terrible selection. Definitely in the bottom half of the shows this tour. DMB management is releasing this only because it was a stadium show. Way to go guys, $$$!

Moses
08-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Moses getting mad people are mad about this released. Color me surprised.

:lmao

should of been 7.4 huh?

drh424s
08-08-2008, 12:43 PM
SDL was a stellar version...and the best #40 version in what DECADES?

it was 2 minutes with carter throwing in a standard beat to make it sound better. We've got a beautiful recording of that show from Drews anyways. SDL is way better with the new outro, I have no problem with that . . . Dream So Real was horrid from that show. They were sloppy on other songs as well, particularly boyd.

RB3
08-08-2008, 12:44 PM
It'd be one thing if the show we're from Wrigley Field, home of the 1st place Chicago Cubs....

krayz
08-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah I'm pissed off. I really get mad at DMB management sometimes.

pgr17
08-08-2008, 12:48 PM
i don't think there is anything that divides us as a fan base as much as live trax releases do :lol

JWood
08-08-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm excited for Hey Hey My My. Wish I'd caught that one at one of my shows.

JWood
08-08-2008, 12:53 PM
this YMDT will blow your mind

blew mine for sure. albeit I was high on peyote at the time... hmmm

tool :whatever

hobbesthecat
08-08-2008, 12:53 PM
i don't think there is anything that divides us as a fan base as much as live trax releases do :lol
i feel like fighting people right now!!! j/k

but i think you're spot on about this

drh424s
08-08-2008, 12:55 PM
i feel like fighting people right now!!! j/k

but i think you're spot on about this

Agreed. It's all about personal preferences. But with the exception of no 1997 shows (which I think we can all agree on that we love), I think with 12 of them out, we all enjoy a few of them personally, regardless if the others like them or not.

Moses
08-08-2008, 12:56 PM
It'd be one thing if the show we're from Wrigley Field, home of the 1st place Chicago Cubs....

LTs are reserved for winners.

;)

drh424s
08-08-2008, 12:56 PM

aaah the memories of 2006 and being a Cards fan . . .

krayz
08-08-2008, 12:57 PM

I just edited my post, I realized how harsh it sounded.

Seriously though, this sucks balls.

List of shows better:

6.21!!
7.05!!
7.11!!
8.05!!

Seriously. Exclamation marks for picks that would have made sense.

batleon
08-08-2008, 12:59 PM
it was 2 minutes with carter throwing in a standard beat to make it sound better. We've got a beautiful recording of that show from Drews anyways. SDL is way better with the new outro, I have no problem with that . . . Dream So Real was horrid from that show. They were sloppy on other songs as well, particularly boyd.

ADSR horrid? Sloppy yes, horrid is a stretch. The Bridge was also a little sloppy. But that's it. Boyd was not sloppy that night. In fact this was one of Boyd's best nights from this tour so far. His LIOG solo is well above average.

Some people are taking their praise for SPAC N2 a little far, but it would have been a worthy release. But you're right about having a good recording from this show already, so no harm done in my book.

NiCK Crush
08-08-2008, 12:59 PM
:\

Moses
08-08-2008, 01:00 PM
looks like someone caught this up on musictoday

d.m.bfan222
08-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Poor choice for a release. Not a bad show, but fairly average as far as the tour goes, maybe slightly above average. I will be passing on this one.

Monk
08-08-2008, 01:01 PM

:lol :upyours

krayz
08-08-2008, 01:02 PM
:lol

:( Beaten.

pgr17
:bananas :bananas :bananas

(hit ESC to stop the party)

drh424s
I just edited my post, I realized how harsh it sounded.

Seriously though, this sucks balls.

List of shows better:

6.21!!
7.05!!
7.11!!
8.05!!

Seriously. Exclamation marks for picks that would have made sense.

oh man no no no no no no no no no

way off on that one, sorry pal

NiCK Crush
:\

JWood
:lmao

JWood
08-08-2008, 01:03 PM

i would definitely not want Rothbury

NiCK Crush
what was the point of this?

Moses
probably got too many hate emails for it and decided to release Toronto instead.

krayz
08-08-2008, 01:04 PM

You're the only person here that thinks it was a worthy show. See something wrong?

drh424s

ugh god no. Granted there are some on that list I would prefer, but still.

drh424s
You're the only person here that thinks it was a worthy show. See something wrong?

Compared to your list? :lol:lol

krayz

I put some next to Rothbury, beacuse I remember everyone creaming themselves over the performance.

NiCK Crush
08-08-2008, 01:05 PM
the only reason i wouldnt want Rothbury is because of the webcast... and i was there.

JWood
08-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Rothbury was cool b/c it was a webcast and we got a great audio feed, other than that, i feel like we already have a SBD of Rothbury

pgr17
08-08-2008, 01:10 PM
guys.

this doesn't exist.

krayz
08-08-2008, 01:12 PM
ugh god no. Granted there are some on that list I would prefer, but still.

http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showpost.php?p=6369982&postcount=1725

http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showpost.php?p=6369913&postcount=1657

http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showpost.php?p=6369951&postcount=1695

krayz
08-08-2008, 01:12 PM
guys.

this doesn't exist.

I bet it's going to be Busch though. No way Music today would put that up if it wasn't a done deal.

drh424s
08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showpost.php?p=6369982&postcount=1725

http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showpost.php?p=6369913&postcount=1657

http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showpost.php?p=6369951&postcount=1695

:lol:lol

NiCK Crush
08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
so why was this thread made exactly?

krayz
08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
so why was this thread made exactly?

Someone found a picture of Live Trax 13 on Musictoday.com showing Busch Stadium.

Tomacco
08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I bet it's going to be Busch though. No way Music today would put that up if it wasn't a done deal.

:upyours No doubt.

NiCK Crush
08-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Someone found a picture of Live Trax 13 on Musictoday.com showing Busch Stadium.

could it not have been photoshopped?

bsan83
You people have Downs, I swear.

bsan83
could it not have been photoshopped?

It was actually on something like store.musictoday.com .

Moses
You people have Downs, I swear.

:nod

can someone just listen to the show? please?

NiCK Crush
08-08-2008, 01:17 PM
It was actually on something like store.musictoday.com .

Gotcha.

pgr17
08-08-2008, 01:21 PM

when 8/23/95 was released the picture first out was from 8/31/95.

stranger things have happened... but yeah i'm sure it will be 6/7/08 - Jack just hacked his way in and exposed them :nod

krayz
08-08-2008, 01:21 PM
when 8/23/95 was released the picture first out was from 8/31/95.

I did not know that, thanks.

EClayton08
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
All this bitchin for an release that doesn't exist. Way to be tdc.

bsan83
08-08-2008, 01:23 PM
I'd be surprised if it actually doesn't exist.

JWood
08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
It does exist.

It was a link from Music Today, it even had the "DMCD56" tag on it (Live Trax 12 was DMCD55).

Somehow, people tend to learn about this before it's really announced.

RB3
08-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Best surprise ever if it's not the real release

bsan83
08-08-2008, 01:28 PM
I honestly can't believe the reaction to this. You people have the memory of goldfish. I hope you get Giants '01 next. You deserve it.

NiCK Crush
08-08-2008, 01:30 PM
I honestly could give a shit which show gets the next treatment... for two reasons...

A) They arent ending the Live Trax series anytime soon. Not every one of them is going to thrill me.

B) The tapers keep getting better and better. This year has really blown me away.

Jack
08-08-2008, 01:32 PM
wait, why do people think this isn't lt13? The cover art is on their website. It"s an obvious choice. It's not like they're fucking with us here.

and, the error with the Great Woods thing was the banner put up on the side of the website, not the cover art.

like this:

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/9008/vol12168x58jp8.gif

Pay4WhatUGet
08-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Wow, talk about jumping the gun. Cant they at least wait until the freakin tour is over before they decide a release? Another LT that I wont be purchasing.

Sorry to piss on anyone excited for this.

pgr17
08-08-2008, 01:35 PM
wait, why do people think this isn't lt13? The cover art is on their website. It"s an obvious choice. It's not like they're fucking with us here.
i think because we're hoping it is a different release.

or just joking around.

one of those i believe.

EGribby
08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
im listening to this show on liog.org...im really diggin it

bsan83
08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
They didn't pick the exact show I had in mind!! This fucking sucks! Fuck DMB and Capshaw and $$$$$$! [/ggies]

Happens every single LT that's not NYE '96 (which no one bought :lol).

pgr17
08-08-2008, 01:37 PM
one thing i don't get though is why people have to be so up in arms over whether or not something likes/dislikes the choice... maybe it is just me.

so what if this was an awesome show, it is ok not to be happy with the choice and to post about it. just like it is ok to post how much you love this choice.

NiCK Crush
08-08-2008, 01:38 PM
remember when we didnt have the Live Trax series...?

bsan83
08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
one thing i don't get though is why people have to be so up in arms over whether or not something likes/dislikes the choice... maybe it is just me.

so what if this was an awesome show, it is ok not to be happy with the choice and to post about it. just like it is ok to post how much you love this choice.

I don't expect everyone to sing kumbaya every release, but this one is getting panned like it's Vegas or Portugal and it's absurd.

edit: I mean, I know why you aren't thrilled, and your reason for it is perfectly legitimate.

pepelapag
08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
earth?

well then earth has really gone to shit.

EGribby
08-08-2008, 01:40 PM
ok i know its not a "staple" 2008 show...but there is really no weak points in this show..
what is the weak point? crash into me? and the encore? --- i can deal with that

im just excited to get a new release with timmy on the electric

pgr17
08-08-2008, 01:43 PM

some people here probably don't :p

but i don't think anyone is complaining about the lack of live shows... yes we live in a fantastic age where every show played is out in a number of days and the band makes available to us a great number of live releases... but i think some people (namely me) would like the LT series to be used for "unknown" or older shows from the archives and just put out these in-tour releases as mass distributed Live Shows (like Red Rocks, Listener Supported, Luther College, etc.).

to have two releases from one year (2007 - back to back mind you) is just silly in my opinion and takes away from the spirit of what i though the LT's were about. then again, i guess LT2 shot down that "spirit" :lol

PurePlayer34
08-08-2008, 01:43 PM
ok i know its not a "staple" 2008 show...but there is really no weak points in this show..
what is the weak point? crash into me? and the encore? --- i can deal with that

im just excited to get a new release with timmy on the electric

:upyoursYES:nod

DMBpride
08-08-2008, 01:44 PM

well done my friend. we forget in our greed :D

NiCK Crush
08-08-2008, 01:46 PM
some people here probably don't :p

but i don't think anyone is complaining about the lack of live shows... yes we live in a fantastic age where every show played is out in a number of days and the band makes available to us a great number of live releases... but i think some people (namely me) would like the LT series to be used for "unknown" or older shows from the archives and just put out these in-tour releases as mass distributed Live Shows (like Red Rocks, Listener Supported, Luther College, etc.).

to have two releases from one year (back to back mind you) is just silly in my opinion.

Ha, good point.

But yea, i tend to agree with you as well. I would have much rather seen them just release Fenway in stores as a mass distributed release "Live at Fenway" and then had something else be released as Live Trax 6.

JWood
08-08-2008, 01:47 PM

sure, but people can still be happy/upset about a release, just because we have the series now doesn't mean we have to be ecstatic about every release.

i get what you're saying, but it really doesn't apply here.

EGribby
08-08-2008, 01:47 PM
curious...if this show does become the next live trax, will #27 be called 'I hope you will be by me then' on the track list?

RB3
08-08-2008, 01:49 PM
I won't pay for this, but I'll download it from somewhere

Pay4WhatUGet
08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
curious...if this show does become the next live trax, will #27 be called 'I hope you will be by me then' on the track list?

Wasnt it listed as #27 on Piedmont Park? Has anything changed since then?

JWood
I won't pay for this, but I'll download it from somewhere

what a badass :lol

NiCK Crush
sure, but people can still be happy/upset about a release, just because we have the series now doesn't mean we have to be ecstatic about every release.

i get what you're saying, but it really doesn't apply here.

I just look at it as a way to save a few bucks if you dont like the next choice, ya know? Its been noted that they dont plan on stopping this series anytime soon... some releases are going to generate more praise than others, its just a given.

JWood
08-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Wasnt it listed as #27 on Piedmont Park? Has anything changed since then?

You're right, but Dave introduced the song as "I Hope You'll Be By Me Then"

It'll be nice to get a version where his voice isn't straining.

Pay4WhatUGet
08-08-2008, 01:52 PM
You're right, but Dave introduced the song as "I Hope You'll Be By Me Then"

It'll be nice to get a version where his voice isn't straining.

ahhh, I see.

EGribby
08-08-2008, 01:52 PM
i'll just say if LT 13 is any show from this summer then i will be pumped!

JWood
08-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I just look at it as a way to save a few bucks if you dont like the next choice, ya know? Its been noted that they dont plan on stopping this series anytime soon... some releases are going to generate more praise than others, its just a given.

Yup, I see what you're saying about how we should be grateful that there is an abundance of live material out now that wasn't out in 2004. Hell, the band released Red Rocks in '97 and the next live releases (full band) weren't until '99 and '01.

It just seems some people are pissed that this is the release, but like you said, if you don't like it don't buy it.

JWood
08-08-2008, 01:53 PM
i'll just say if LT 13 is any show from this summer then i will be pumped!

:upyours at first i was a little bummed that they didn't wait until the end and pick the "best" show, but we have so much more live material from this summer coming that this isn't that bad of a release at all.

pepelapag
08-08-2008, 01:54 PM

I hope not. I also completely agree with your other post. The LT series will keep going, so if this show is not 100% for you, who gives a shit? We get SBD cuts of new songs like Corn, 27, new covers in Thank You and Hey Hey, a great set, and tim on the whole thing. Those are all things to love about this release. In the end is it the best choice? Probably not. But there's plenty to be satisfied about here. Remember when this water/wine was played and people went NUTS? now its, "oh come on, its not even the long water/wine." relax fuckers, its a cd release. there will be more. many more.

:lol:lol:upyours

JWood
08-08-2008, 01:55 PM

ps i'm going to see TDK for the third time tonight in WI at an IMAX theatre :rawk

EGribby
08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
ps i'm going to see TDK for the third time tonight in WI at an IMAX theatre :rawk

i know this is off-topic but after seeing this in IMAX, it's a whole new experience.. have fun

NiCK Crush
08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Ha, nice :upyours

JWood
08-08-2008, 02:05 PM
i know this is off-topic but after seeing this in IMAX, it's a whole new experience.. have fun

yeah i saw it the first time on an IMAX, second on an "UltraScreen" and now on the IMAX for #3

later gents

RB3
08-08-2008, 02:07 PM

Don't cross me

DMBpride
08-08-2008, 02:15 PM

he'll cold-cock ya

DMBpride
08-08-2008, 02:16 PM

agreed. my fiance is probably the least interested person you could find in anything action/super-hero... so after pestering her to see TDK with me (for my second time) I figured IMAX would be the best experience (it was), and she was floored by it...totally thrilled and impressed. We're going to see it again this week I think :D

NiCK Crush
08-08-2008, 02:16 PM
hey guys...

http://thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=198243

;)

Poth Ead
08-08-2008, 02:24 PM
I shit on this LiveTrax release :shit

:downyours

EClayton08
08-08-2008, 02:25 PM
The people of St Louis need this release. They live in a crappy city and have nothing else to help them forget that. Great thinking DMB!

drh424s
08-08-2008, 02:28 PM
The people of St Louis need this release. They live in a crappy city and have nothing else to help them forget that. Great thinking DMB!

I don't even live there anymore, but you are just plain fucking dumb. Not just this post, but most of them.

RB3
08-08-2008, 02:33 PM
The Cards are struggling this year. It's a pity release

mattinmass
08-08-2008, 02:37 PM
no coffin?

terrible

drh424s
08-08-2008, 02:38 PM
The Cards are struggling this year. It's a pity release

:lol

I should say though they've at least surpassed most people's expectations

Moses
08-08-2008, 02:48 PM
i love how cards struggling is above five hundred

hahahaha

RB3
08-08-2008, 02:49 PM
It's so easy to push your guys' buttons

drh424s
08-08-2008, 02:52 PM
It's so easy to push your guys' buttons

You're not really pushing my buttons. you're just making dumb comments, so its easy.

pgr17
08-08-2008, 02:53 PM
no coffin?

terrible

"take a lap"

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2490/imagenn8.gif

EGribby
08-08-2008, 02:53 PM
i have to believe there is a sense of sarcasm in RB3's posts

EGribby
08-08-2008, 02:54 PM
I think the thread title should be changed to: Live Trax 13: "This product does not actually exist"

RB3
08-08-2008, 02:55 PM
i have to believe there is a sense of sarcasm in RB3's posts

:hi

FiddySpence
08-08-2008, 03:00 PM
everyone knew this was going to happen before the show even happened, it;s pointless to get up in arms about this.

Jack
08-08-2008, 03:09 PM

and they sold the only thing that meant a damn to them to some euro trash who were gutter buying the dollar.

their women are good looking, though.

Jack
08-08-2008, 03:10 PM
everyone knew this was going to happen before the show even happened, it;s pointless to get up in arms about this.

drh424s
08-08-2008, 03:13 PM
and they sold the only thing that meant a damn to them to some euro trash who were gutter buying the dollar.

:upyours:upyours on both accounts

gweeps
08-08-2008, 03:33 PM
You're not really pushing my buttons. you're just making dumb comments, so its easy.

Nope, he's pushing your buttons.

batleon
08-08-2008, 03:43 PM
So this is fake now? Nice work.

TheNoise
So this is fake now? Nice work.nope

pgr17
I think the thread title should be changed to: Live Trax 13: "This product does not actually exist"

it is back now :ponder

Crush87
08-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Im sorry but, should have been something later.

FiddySpence
08-08-2008, 03:46 PM
the only thing st. louis is consistently good at is operating firearms.

batleon
08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
nope

Oops I forgot the tags again...

EClayton08
08-08-2008, 03:48 PM

remember where I'm from. Girls from StL don't compare to south. My roommate from StL would vouch for that. The roommate from StL who was dreading having to move back to StL if he didn't find a job down here. Luckily he did.

Crush87
08-08-2008, 03:49 PM
This is the first tour that I actually wanted an immediate LT of even before we got something like summer '97. That says a lot. And even though the Pay For and Recently run is awesome and at the time the show was fantastic, they should have went with a show later in the tour. I'm tired of the fucking venues determining what gets put out, its retarded no matter how you slice it. I mean cmon, its the music not the venue.

RB3
08-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Seriously, we should email them and tell them it's a shitty release. If it's not official yet maybe we change it.

FiddySpence
08-08-2008, 03:57 PM
this would make a much better in-store label release, but honestly it's a good show and this is far from a shit release.

bsan83
08-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Seriously, we should email them and tell them it's a shitty release. If it's not official yet maybe we change it.

I hope you do and get Giants '01 instead.

shitty release :lol :lol :lol :lol

I absolutely loathe this fanbase.

Rowsdower
08-08-2008, 04:09 PM
ADSR horrid? Sloppy yes, horrid is a stretch. The Bridge was also a little sloppy. But that's it. Boyd was not sloppy that night. In fact this was one of Boyd's best nights from this tour so far. His LIOG solo is well above average.

Some people are taking their praise for SPAC N2 a little far, but it would have been a worthy release. But you're right about having a good recording from this show already, so no harm done in my book.

I don't think A Dream So Real sounded sloppy at all. It was just different from the '07 versions since Dave was playing the piano and not Butch.

The Bridge was sloppy because, I dunno, they had dozens of crew members wandering around on the stage holding various objects and everyone except Boyd was probably dying of laughter?

Back to the main topic, I still think this isn't the best Live Trax choice.

azsnappi
08-08-2008, 04:13 PM
at least wait till the end of the tour and pick. there were/are so many better shows after this.

RB3
08-08-2008, 04:14 PM

I shouldn't have said shitty. But it's a poor decision compared to what could have been chosen.

pgr17
08-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Insufferable
Assbags

pepelapag
08-08-2008, 04:16 PM

start a chant at the next show right after theyre done playing Halloween. :rolleyes

Moses
08-08-2008, 04:23 PM

to the whole entire thread

and to bills post - :upyours .

EClayton08
08-08-2008, 04:27 PM

Bill gets so personal and mean. You big meanie!

Josh.0
08-08-2008, 04:28 PM
It's a terrible release (if true) in context to what could be released instead from this tour.

Just the thought of the shorter SDL being released is terrible. It's the song of the tour and they didn't select a show with one of the 15 other better versions?

Again, this could all be hot air if someone ends up posting that this is all just a bunch of BS.

Josh.0
08-08-2008, 04:30 PM

and to bills post - :upyours .

Please spare us already. Christ.

:upyours to the fanbase overall, most people I've met are great
:downyours to people who constantly bitch about it

pgr17
08-08-2008, 04:49 PM

just stop.

EClayton08
08-08-2008, 04:55 PM
who is this new guy who had 2 solo HRs for the Cubs today to help beat the Cards? Was it Jim something? Edmonds maybe? Not sure. I hope he has a bright future.

RB3
08-08-2008, 04:58 PM
who is this new guy who had 2 solo HRs for the Cubs today to help beat the Cards? Was it Jim something? Edmonds maybe? Not sure. I hope he has a bright future.

o/

EClayton08
08-08-2008, 04:59 PM
o/

I don't do that whole forum high five thing, but I will agree to the notion with a head nod.

RB3
08-08-2008, 05:02 PM
How did we score the final run? I saw the bases were loaded but I can't watch at work

EClayton08
08-08-2008, 05:05 PM
How did we score the final run? I saw the bases were loaded but I can't watch at work

Single by Blanco.

drh424s
08-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Franklin blew it . . but i'm not surprised. Another wonderful managerial decision by TLR. Leave him in a second inning . . ignore the fresh arms we have and put a guy who barely made it out of the first inning back in. Smart.

And I'm proud of Jimmy, I will be enjoying his bar/club later on tonight.

dmb2much40
08-08-2008, 05:13 PM
it'd be nice if they waited until the end of the tour. and if they didn't pick the show by the venue. if they wanted to release it because of the venue, make it an in-store release near christmas.

don't know if roi had anything to do with the choice, but this is a pretty good choice for picking a show with roi. i do hope we get a release with coffin at some point...AFTER the tour is over.

the only thing i don't like about this show is the encore.

Vincent
08-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Halfway through a second listen. Amazing how tight they sound six shows in.
Agree on the SDL sentiments.

inmytree
08-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Curious about a question I had; why are so many people saying this was chosen due to the venue? I mean, I'm wondering; it was not the first (or only) stadium they have played this tour, nor is it the only ballpark. And of course, no offense to Busch Stadium, but it was built in 2006; it doesn't really have the stature, legacy or history of a place like Central Park, MSG, the Gorge, or even Piedmont Park. So what is making people think this choice was due to the venue?

JWood
08-08-2008, 05:19 PM
it'd be nice if they waited until the end of the tour. and if they didn't pick the show by the venue. if they wanted to release it because of the venue, make it an in-store release near christmas.

don't know if roi had anything to do with the choice, but this is a pretty good choice for picking a show with roi. i do hope we get a release with coffin at some point...AFTER the tour is over.

the only thing i don't like about this show is the encore.

Thank You is good

sdaltons
08-08-2008, 05:26 PM
don't worry, he doesn't!!!

dmb2much40
08-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Curious about a question I had; why are so many people saying this was chosen due to the venue? I mean, I'm wondering; it was not the first (or only) stadium they have played this tour, nor is it the only ballpark. And of course, no offense to Busch Stadium, but it was built in 2006; it doesn't really have the stature, legacy or history of a place like Central Park, MSG, the Gorge, or even Piedmont Park. So what is making people think this choice was due to the venue?

because it was marketed as such. vip passes. special tshirts. plus, the other ballparks they are playing this tour are small minor league parks (12000 maybe). busch is much bigger.

dmb2much40
08-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Thank You is good

yeah it is. just everyday/bayou back to back is rough.

good show, i'm going to get it. just saying, in my opinion, the only thing not to like is the encore...don't know why so many people seem to hate this.

inmytree
08-08-2008, 05:32 PM
because it was marketed as such. vip passes. special tshirts. plus, the other ballparks they are playing this tour are small minor league parks (12000 maybe). busch is much bigger.

Toyota Park? Hershey Stadium? Plus, they're playing those minor league ballpark shows with Willie Nelson.

I'm just not seeing this being that different from the rest of the pack...I mean, take the Piedmont Park show last year. Near the end of the tour, it was performed as a charity show, with the Allman Bros. opening, it was pretty clear that that show was a different kind of show...I'm not seeing that this time.

Long story short, I don't see how the Busch Stadium shows could be marketed better than an Alpine show, or a SPAC show, or one of the ballpark shows with Nelson. It's not Fenway Park we're talking about here, which is an easily identifiable venue.

sdaltons
08-08-2008, 05:33 PM
this thread is absolutely horrendous (thank god for bill). first of all, everyone already knew this was coming before the tour started. go back to the original busch thread. we talked like it was a given then that this would get released.

secondly, it seems evident they were trying to pick one with roi, so the whole "they should have waited until the tour was over to choose the best show" is unnecessary. the shows that were in contention to be LT13 have already passed and they made their choice. are there a few sets here or there that look better on paper? yes. but there really is no low point in this set and its a very good sample of what the band was like early in the tour.

don't forget we still have the itunes thing (which may or may not be the same thing as So Much To Save), a likely in-store release (Greek?), and an unlimited number of future live traxs and warehouse discs to get more '08 material.

i'm glad we'll be getting something from this tour quickly, though a date hasn't been mentioned yet that i've seen, there's no reason this won't be out before this tour ends. that's pretty cool. can't wait for this and definitely dig the coverart.

and to the cardinals vs. cubs people:

1. 2006 vs. 1908. :rawk
2. while the cardinals haven't had their top 4 projected starting pitchers for a good part of the year (carpenter, wainwright, mulder, clement) and have no leadoff hitter, and have no true protection for their best hitter, and their best hitter is having a down year, the cards are, as of today, only 7 games back (the furthest they've been in awhile) and still have 8 games remaining against the cubs. if you guys want to count your chickens before they've hatched, go ahead. it'll be fun watching the cubs choke. :lol

RB3
08-08-2008, 05:37 PM
The "you guys are good now, but we we're better for longer" argument is laughable. If that's how things worked the only people that would be allowed to say anything about their team would be Yankees fans.

Moses
08-08-2008, 05:37 PM
phil what is there to stop. i cant voice my opinions on a discussion board? they dont like the release and i think they are going overboard thats all, man

Crush87
08-08-2008, 05:40 PM

I hope youre not talking about me there, :3some memeber. There's just absolutely no arguing that the venue didnt pretty much completely dictate this release.

For the record, I think this will be a great release, but it just frustrates me to see it not all about the music.

sdaltons
08-08-2008, 05:42 PM
The "you guys are good now, but we we're better for longer" argument is laughable. If that's how things worked the only people that would be allowed to say anything about their team would be Yankees fans.
who said anyone was better for longer? i said we won a series 2 years ago. the cubs won one 100 years ago. that's like a 98 year difference, man. plus the cardinals were terrible in 2006. if the cubs were that great, they had every opportunity to slide in and win the division.

and for the record, the cardinals happen to have the most world series titles of any national league team. so take them pesky yankees away, and i've got myself an argument.

EClayton08
08-08-2008, 05:44 PM
2. while the cardinals haven't had their top 4 projected starting pitchers for a good part of the year (carpenter, wainwright, mulder, clement) and have no leadoff hitter, and have no true protection for their best hitter, and their best hitter is having a down year, the cards are, as of today, only 7 games back (the furthest they've been in awhile) and still have 8 games remaining against the cubs. if you guys want to count your chickens before they've hatched, go ahead. it'll be fun watching the cubs choke. :lol

:wtf :wtf :wtf

ok, I'm not even a Cards fan but I'll break this down for you. They knew Carpenter was gonna be out half the year as the best case scenario, Mulder they knew would be out until sometime in May, but with it being Mulder and him having another shoulder surgery they would have been fools to think he'd pitch the whole year. That brings us to Clement. excuse me.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Clement has pitched 12 games in 2006, and no games in 2007. I refuse to go on.

So yea, to say the Cards projected 4 SP this year were to be Carp, Wainwright, Mulder, Clement is the most idiotic thing I think I've heard. And I've heard some hilarious things coming from other Cards fans (Bar on ufck). Lets not forget all their SP are pitching way over their head.

sdaltons
08-08-2008, 05:44 PM
i'm really glad they took the coverart picture from where they did so you can't see the big whole out beyond left field.

Crush87
08-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Yea, this coverart kicks Fenway's ass. Awesome shot.

sdaltons
08-08-2008, 05:47 PM
:wtf :wtf :wtf

ok, I'm not even a Cards fan but I'll break this down for you. They knew Carpenter was gonna be out half the year as the best case scenario, Mulder they knew would be out until sometime in May, but with it being Mulder and him having another shoulder surgery they would have been fools to think he'd pitch the whole year. That brings us to Clement. excuse me.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Clement has pitched 12 games in 2006, and no games in 2007. I refuse to go on.

So yea, to say the Cards projected 4 SP this year were to be Carp, Wainwright, Mulder, Clement is the most idiotic thing I think I've heard. And I've heard some hilarious things coming from other Cards fans (Bar on ufck). Lets not forget all their SP are pitching way over their head.
so wait, in spring training when carpenter was pitching healthy and clement was throwing, too, they knew those guys weren't going to contribute? and knowing that, they even let carpenter make the opening day roster and start that game? and clement was brought in to give us the depth we needed to get to mulder. they absolutely did not know the severity of his injury. they said mulder would be back by may and yeah, believe it or not, it actually sounded like he'd righted himself. its a good thing we found lohse.

seems someone doesn't understand the definition of the word "projected"

but good post

pgr17
08-08-2008, 05:48 PM
phil what is there to stop. i cant voice my opinions on a discussion board? they dont like the release and i think they are going overboard thats all, man

just think that you should add something more than ":uhno to the whole entire thread" but maybe i'm going overboard.

Moses
08-08-2008, 05:52 PM
you guys really dont know whaat it means ti be a cubs fan if you cant laugh a the fact that you have sucked for a long time. really

and to end the argument completley

cards ten

cubs two

peace

RB3
08-08-2008, 05:52 PM
who said anyone was better for longer? i said we won a series 2 years ago. the cubs won one 100 years ago. that's like a 98 year difference, man. plus the cardinals were terrible in 2006. if the cubs were that great, they had every opportunity to slide in and win the division.

and for the record, the cardinals happen to have the most world series titles of any national league team. so take them pesky yankees away, and i've got myself an argument.

I understand that. I was talking about now. I understand that the Cardinals have a better franchise based on world titles and all that jazz. I'm just saying that we are better now, and that we are heated rivals so I'll take ever opportunity to rub it in your face, and I expect you tyo do the same.

sdaltons
08-08-2008, 05:54 PM
you guys really dont know whaat it means ti be a cubs fan if you cant laugh a the fact that you have sucked for a long time. really

cards ten

cubs two

peace

I understand that. I was talking about now. I understand that the Cardinals have a better franchise based on world titles and all that jazz. I'm just saying that we are better now, and that we are heated rivals so I'll take ever opportunity to rub it in your face, and I expect you tyo do the same.

RB3
08-08-2008, 05:57 PM

cards ten

cubs two

peace

pgr17
08-08-2008, 05:58 PM
ok - take baseball talk to another thread.

this is for discussing the awesomeness of the live trax pick or how horrible the live trax pick was http://i35.tinypic.com/6yp01u.gif

sdaltons
08-08-2008, 05:58 PM
truth is this thread should probably just be locked until the announcement is made so we can get away from the cardinals/cubs bitching

soright05
08-08-2008, 06:04 PM
someone just tell me all 3 berkely shows will get released somehow?

edit, and on DVD as well

pgr17
08-08-2008, 06:04 PM
all 3 berkely shows will get released

soright05
08-08-2008, 06:05 PM
all 3 berkely shows will get released

good deal, thanks!

FiddySpence
08-08-2008, 06:57 PM
to the dude downplaying busch stadium, it was a fairly popular park in its original form and it may just have been a st. louis thing but rebuilding it was a pretty big deal. it's a fairly major ballpark and their "biggest" single show of the year. shit this show was hyped so much that-to reiterate what a few of us have already said-WE KNEW THIS RELEASE WAS GOING TO HAPPEN BACK IN LIKE MARCH.

FiddySpence
08-08-2008, 06:59 PM
someone just tell me all 3 berkely shows will get released somehow?

edit, and on DVD as well

i'm thinking gorge/red rocks type package. definitely no single complete show on dvd, but a comp.

Tambourine Man
08-08-2008, 07:45 PM
If you didn't see this coming, you suck.

Great show. Better '08 shows will be released, fear not.

Moses
08-08-2008, 07:49 PM

pepelapag
08-08-2008, 09:31 PM

yup. now i guess, lets get back to talking about baseball?

AhoraMazda
08-08-2008, 10:47 PM

Didn't see it coming.

EGribby
08-08-2008, 10:52 PM
i'm excited for this... after giving a nice listen via liog.org
crush is worth the listen alone

deedisdone81
08-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Just saw this as I was on my way to OK City, OK, this is exciting news obviously because I was there, but this show rocked all the way through, and is a solid choice pre Jeff Coffin.

Perko
08-09-2008, 01:14 AM
wish they could've waited for the tour to end to use an 08 show. there are so many other's that have happened in the last month that would've been great choices, too. not to say this is bad, i just think they're announcing it a bit early.

greykitkat36
08-09-2008, 03:16 AM
Nice. There are really no bad '08 shows..so I'm happy. Confident they'll release something else from this tour..if not this year, at least in the future. So I'm pleased.

I mean, DMB was the first band to play this ballpark...did you really think they WEREN'T gonna make this a live trax?

K270
08-09-2008, 03:58 AM
Why is everybody jumping the gun? Have any of you received the official announcement from the Warehouse? I know I haven't. At least not yet. Why can't everybody just take 5 steps away from their monitors, turn around and go outside. When the official announcement comes from the Warehouse, then we can bitch or whatever at their choice.

sdaltons
08-09-2008, 05:51 AM
wish they could've waited for the tour to end to use an 08 show. there are so many other's that have happened in the last month that would've been great choices, too. not to say this is bad, i just think they're announcing it a bit early.
as we've said several times in this thread, it seems likely they wanted to choose one with leroi. therefore they can already look back and make their choice and this is what they came up with.

captainbigeyedpig
08-09-2008, 05:52 AM
It would be pretty cool if this is the PLANNED release, but they leak it to gauge fan reaction across the boards. And based on fan reaction, they release a different show.

That being said, I made a post in the Live Trax Discussion thread about how I think we are in for a shitload of releases from this tour. I, like many, were right about LT13 being an earlier show with roi. I'm guessing this one will come out pretty soon. So again, here is my guess for the rest of '08:

LT13 - Busch Stadium

Ticketmaster Summer Compilation - 6 or 8 random songs they consider amazing (released within a month after end of tour)

Official In-Store release from summer '08 Tour - I'm willing to throw money down now that it is already pre-determined to be the Berkley shows. Historic venue, with enough history behind it to make even the most casual DMB fan pick it up. Plus a long enough run of shows that it will provide (hopefully) few repeats, and a good taste of the show. I think this one will be heavily marketed, and sell well.

2008 Summer Sampler - Another summer sampler with 6-8 tunes, either more favorites, or some of the one-off's we got this tour (and which may not make it to Berkeley). This will come with the pre-order of the Berkeley shows.

Live Trax 14 (final one of the year) will probably be a '98 Winter Tour release, to celebrate the Tenth anniversary of that tour. Much like they did with LT7. They know we are hungry for those shows, and they could either release 12-7-98, or a single night show such as 12-3-98 or 12-2-98. But I'm willing to put money down that this happens. Especially if there is a Winter tour this year.

Warehouse 8 volume 5 - The last release of the year (though we won't get it until spring of '09). This could be anything, although if DMB plays on a Vote For Change sort of mini-tour, I'd look for all 8 songs to come from there. If not, and if they play a late Winter tour, I'd look for the tunes to come from that stretch. And if there is no late fall/winter tour, then I'm guessing a disc of 8 covers from over the course of the band's career, with only one or two from this year (as most will probably be found between Berkeley and LT13).

I see no fewer releases than what I've mentioned. It seemed to work well enough last year, and they know the hype and desire is even greater with Tim guesting. That being said, I'm not surprised by the Busch selection, nor am I unhappy. Still, like most others I would have preferred a different show. But assuming I am somewhat close about the upcoming releases this year, I'm not fully disappointed. If this does end up being the only release (other than the ticketmaster sampler), than I will definitely be let down.

captainbigeyedpig
08-09-2008, 05:57 AM
I think songs such as (Everyday)-->Halloween will make their appearance on the Ticketmaster sampler or on a 2008 Summer Tour Sampler. Same with #40, if that is the only one we get. I haven't listened to enough shows to get a feel for what some of the better performances of specific songs are.

captainbigeyedpig
08-09-2008, 06:03 AM
I don't think this will happen, but I do think it would be neat if they released a We Want LeRoi Moore compilation and started selling it at the shows and online for like $5. It would be a 5 or 8 song "best of" Roi disc from the June shows. All proceeds would go to his favorite charity, or something to that degree. Again, I haven't listened to enough shows yet this tour to figure out what would be on there, but I think it would be a cool idea.

bsan83
08-09-2008, 08:08 AM
I hope youre not talking about me there, :3some memeber. There's just absolutely no arguing that the venue didnt pretty much completely dictate this release.

For the record, I think this will be a great release, but it just frustrates me to see it not all about the music.

:lol of course not

Mersh
08-09-2008, 08:54 AM
This should not be surprising. We were saying it was going to be a release the day they announced that they were playing there. Nothing to get worked up about as more 08 will be released.

I am sure this has been said a million times in this thread already.

tost
08-09-2008, 09:53 AM
I'd get this. Good show and me being there are reason enough for me.