PDA

View Full Version : Live Trax 14 - June 28, 2008 | Nissan Pavilion, Bristow, VA

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DMBZeppelin
01-28-2009, 03:49 AM
http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMDD50

All items ordered with Live Trax Vol. 14 will ship after the Pre-Order closing at 3pm on Friday, March 20, 2009. You must select expedited shipping to receive your package on the Pre-Order release date of Tuesday, March 24, 2009.

As part of a continual effort to celebrate the life and memory of our friend and brother, founding DMB member LeRoi Moore, we are releasing his last concert performance as Live Trax Volume 14. Proceeds from the sales will be donated by Dave Matthews Band in LeRoi’s memory to the Charlottesville Music Resource Center and the Boys and Girls Club of Charlottesville-Albemarle, among other organizations which best reflect LeRoi’s spirit and passions.

Highlights of the Nissan show include the acoustic version of The Space Between, a song that had not been played live since 04. Sledgehammer made its live debut at the Nissan show, afterwards becoming a favorite on summer tour set lists. Other highlights include the ever-passionate Don't Drink the Water, a tight version of So Damn Lucky followed by The Dreaming Tree; Boyd's jam on Louisiana Bayou and LeRoi and Rashawn's jam on Anyone Seen the Bridge are also noteworthy. The show ended with another summer tour favorite, Sly and the Family Stone's Thank You (Falletin Me Be Mice Elf Agin).

Dave Matthews Band
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Nissan Pavilion, Bristow, VA

Don't Drink the Water (This Land is Your Land)
Old Dirt Hil
So Damn Lucky:segue
The Dreaming Tree
The Idea of You
Cornbread
You Might Die Trying
The Space Between +
Sledgehammer
Eh Hee
Louisiana Bayou
Out of My Hands:segue
Everyday:segue
Ants Marching:segue
Jimi Thing [tease]:segue @
So Much to Say:segue
Anyone Seen the Bridge:segue
Too Much
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

+ Dave, Carter, & Tim
@ Dave solo, chorus
! Dave, Carter, Tim, & Rashawn

Pre-order package:
http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DM130COMBO

Sinister Minister
01-28-2009, 04:01 AM
Good find!

Sinister Minister
01-28-2009, 04:03 AM
How'd you find that?

DMBZeppelin
01-28-2009, 04:20 AM
How'd you find that?
Wasn't me, it was Ants. It was just like how we found out everything else.

For example:
http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMCD56

That link is a link to the LT13 cover art. If you change 56 to 57 you'll get Live at Mile High. If you change 57 to 58 you wind up with LT14. If you change 58 to 59, you'll get the cover art for the new album when it's put up.

FiddySpence
01-28-2009, 04:25 AM
average set, but really i'm glad this is getting a release and it definitely deserves it for the significance alone. great find, will definitely be buying this and i'm glad we get another '08 show before they move on to other things.

Sinister Minister
01-28-2009, 04:27 AM
Wasn't me, it was Ants. It was just like how we found out everything else.

For example:
http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMCD56

That link is a link to the LT13 cover art. If you change 56 to 57 you'll get Live at Mile High. If you change 57 to 58 you wind up with LT14. If you change 58 to 59, you'll get the cover art for the new album when it's put up.

cool good to know Ill bookmark it

FiddySpence
01-28-2009, 04:29 AM
and i love the cover art, i can't say enough despite my previous comment about the set list itself how happy i am with this.

MidwestDrummer
01-28-2009, 04:38 AM
Don't Drink the Water (This Land is Your Land)
So Damn Lucky:segue
The Dreaming Tree
The Idea of You
Cornbread
You Might Die Trying
The Space Between +
Sledgehammer
Ants Marching:segue
Jimi Thing [tease]:segue @
So Much to Say:segue
Anyone Seen the Bridge:segue
Too Much

Pantala Naga Pampa:segue
Rapunzel

+ Dave, Carter, & Tim
@ Dave solo, chorus[/Font]

Excellent. Yes, even YMDT. The ending really turned into a beast last summer.

K270
01-28-2009, 04:50 AM
So when will this be officially announced?

FiddySpence
01-28-2009, 05:02 AM
i'd say in the next week or so or they may wait until the first week or second of february to pair it with an album announcement? who knows?

DMBZeppelin
01-28-2009, 05:37 AM
i'd say in the next week or so or they may wait until the first week or second of february to pair it with an album announcement? who knows?
I agree, because I doubt they overlap the new album pre-order with LT14. If this album is coming out in April, you'll know the pre-order peroid will have started by March 14th.

Smittay
01-28-2009, 05:59 AM
nice

ThememanXX
01-28-2009, 06:21 AM
and i love the cover art, i can't say enough despite my previous comment about the set list itself how happy i am with this.

:nod:upyours

DMBTex10101
01-28-2009, 06:39 AM
This is the first LT with an actual member of the band on the cover right? A perfect release for this.

captainbigeyedpig
01-28-2009, 07:15 AM
So this will release, kind of a "goodbye to LeRoi" moment, and then shortly after, the new album will hit store shelves. The beginning of a new era. Pretty good thinking on their part.

Aside from the obvious significance of this release, I'm actually looking forward to a few things on this one. I don't think there is a bad song on here, except maybe Bayou. How is the Idea of You and Rapunzel on this one? What about the Dreaming Tree? I hope the Sledgehammer is better than the Mile High one. Also, The Space Between version is one I remember really enjoying.

DMB1541
01-28-2009, 07:28 AM
I am happy they are releasing this. Its not the best show obviously, but the Sledgehammer is rely great on this, as is the Rapunzel. Also will great to have Roi's last Ants.

Mersh
01-28-2009, 07:30 AM
meh show, but significant

ThememanXX
01-28-2009, 07:40 AM
Roi's last Ants.

That alone is worth the price.

TheNoise
01-28-2009, 07:42 AM
nice. will buy for sure.

Dirtydeeds
01-28-2009, 08:26 AM
meh show, but significant

My thought's exactly. Probably wont be picking this one up myself.

priceofacoke910
01-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Sweet...I knew we'd be seeing an LT 14 before the new album! I am so glad it is this show coming out for a 2008. I was hoping for something old like a 97 or summer 99, but this is definitely worthy of a release. Can't wait to get this one!

batleon
01-28-2009, 08:32 AM
scene7.com? I call shenanigans.

EDIT: nevermind, guess it is legit.

DMBZeppelin
01-28-2009, 08:38 AM
scene7.com? I call shenanigans.
1. http://www.dmblive.com if you don't trust this link, load up your web browser and head to that address.
2. Click on Mile High in the feature downloads.
3. Right click the cover art and go to properties.
4. You should wind up with this link: http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMDD41?$shadow1$&$150$&bgc=ffffff
5. Now delete everything after the 41, because all that crap is about sizing.
6. You'll have this left: http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMDD41
7. Now all you need to do is increase tha that number from 41 to 42 to 43, ect. Eventually if you get to 50 you'll wind up with the LT14 cover art.
8. Shenanigans time.

pgr17
01-28-2009, 08:45 AM
cool :)

nice tribute :(

batleon
01-28-2009, 08:56 AM
1. http://www.dmblive.com if you don't trust this link, load up your web browser and head to that address.
2. Click on Mile High in the feature downloads.
3. Right click the cover art and go to properties.
4. You should wind up with this link: http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMDD41?$shadow1$&$150$&bgc=ffffff
5. Now delete everything after the 41, because all that crap is about sizing.
6. You'll have this left: http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMDD41
7. Now all you need to do is increase tha that number from 41 to 42 to 43, ect. Eventually if you get to 50 you'll wind up with the LT14 cover art.
8. Shenanigans time.

Dude, I edited my post, it's OK :lol

Tomacco
01-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Lots of songs we already got released from 2008 (including the exact SDL). OOMH, Rapunzel, IOY, Sister and Space Between are the only songs new for an 08 release. Still, I've listened to this show a couple times. It flows really nicely and is solid throughout. Heh, it's still kind of funny that we're getting all these 08 releases and none have been the cream of the crop. Hopefully the mix is more like Busch than Mile High.

batleon
01-28-2009, 09:06 AM
I think I am about to go 0/3 on '08 shows which is weird. I get why they're releasing this, but it's another "below average for '08" show.

akleiner34
01-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I am glad they are releasing although there was never any doubt in my mind that they would.

Mersh
01-28-2009, 09:08 AM
I think I am about to go 0/3 on '08 shows which is weird. I get why they're releasing this, but it's another "below average for '08" show.

Yeah, I won't be getting this one either, but I get why it is being released obviously.

sdaltons
01-28-2009, 09:09 AM
this seems like a cool enough release. really wish it had money in there somewhere, but oh well. worth it for the significance.

however, i can see this used as an excuse to delay the warehouse package.

Mersh
01-28-2009, 09:12 AM
I really don't think they are releasing this LT as a way to get out of geting the WH packages out. You have to laugh at the contempt we have for the WH and the "management" boogeyman.:lol

Tomacco
01-28-2009, 09:13 AM
I always found it hard to hear Tim on Idea of You on the AUD recordings, so it's cool we'll have one of these versions officially released.

CRUSHsoccer15
01-28-2009, 09:30 AM
alpine is never gonna get released :(

batleon
01-28-2009, 09:32 AM

Not for a while yet anyway. I doubt they'll go back to '08 for a while after this.

Jack
01-28-2009, 09:44 AM
will buy.

Oddly, I'd like to have one of the space's. The jimi tease and IOY are nice too. Not much I would skip in this set except for OOMH, Sistah, & TYFLBME.

Pretty similar to what we have released so far, but the ants is worth the price in itself. We'll see Alpine one day.

dmb1981
01-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Lots of songs we already got released from 2008 (including the exact SDL). OOMH, Rapunzel, IOY, Sister and Space Between are the only songs new for an 08 release. Still, I've listened to this show a couple times. It flows really nicely and is solid throughout. Heh, it's still kind of funny that we're getting all these 08 releases and none have been the cream of the crop. Hopefully the mix is more like Busch than Mile High.

Still no '08 Seek Up.

When will Staples' be released in some form?? I'd take both of those over the next 10 Live Trax releases..

DMBZeppelin
01-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Which is a shame for many reasons.

We haven't gotten anything from the best part of the tour.

June: 46 songs
July: 21 songs
August: 2 songs
September: 0 songs

I'd love Alpine for the following reasons:

Songs at both nights of Alpine not released yet:
Dancing Nancies
Seek Up
Spoon
Water Into Wine
Burning Down the House
ASTB >> Too Much Fake
Halloween
Money
Warehouse
Granny
The Stone
Stay or Leave
Lover Lay Down
Lie In Our Graves

Songs from 08' we have with Roi, but not Jeff:
Louisiana Bayou
Crash Into Me
Rhyme & Reason
The Dreaming Tree (has the flute solo)
Grey Street
Pantala Naga Pampa >>
Rapunzel
Out of My Hands

blsc1121
01-28-2009, 09:50 AM
will buy.

Oddly, I'd like to have one of the space's. The jimi tease and IOY are nice too. Not much I would skip in this set except for OOMH, Sistah, & TYFLBME.

Pretty similar to what we have released so far, but the ants is worth the price in itself. We'll see Alpine one day.

I really enjoyed the stripped down versions of Space Between this year.

Fiorentino
01-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Nice. Now donate 100% of sales to LeRoi's charity.

EDIT: I hope we get an update on the album with the announcement of this!

SteadySmokin03
01-28-2009, 10:05 AM
This just made my morning, absolutely fantastic news. I was at this show and definitely had little appreciation for it at the time, which is why I completely understand the comments about the 'meh' factor. However, I thought three things really stood out, and of course they have already been mentioned: The Space Between out of nowhere played on the acoustic, the first Sledghammer and I know they got better but without that first one you wouldn't have anything to compare them to, and the closing run starting with the shortened Jimi with them just playing the first verse, which I believe they had never done before (not sure if they have done it since either). Oh yeah, and I remember the Everyday > Ants being pretty amazing as well. As we all know, the fact alone that this was Roi's show makes it significant in the pantheon of DMB's live catalogue. A very significant show. I know I will cherish it.

gweeps
01-28-2009, 10:21 AM
The cover art is fantastic.

Looking forward to having a pristine copy of Roi's only Sledgehammer.

Poth Ead
01-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring..... I have no interest in this release. Another fuckin 2008 show....

Yea, Roi's last show, but..... is that gonna inspire everyone to buy this after we have 2 almost exactly similar shows??????

I hope people decide not to purchase this

dmb1981
01-28-2009, 10:27 AM

not purchase roi's last show with the band, is that what you're saying? classy suggestion.

dmb1981
01-28-2009, 10:28 AM
The cover art is fantastic.

Looking forward to having a pristine copy of Roi's only Sledgehammer.

Hell ya - still my favourite version. A lot like a lot of the cover tunes DMB bust out, the first version is usually the most inspired.

ggies
01-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring..... I have no interest in this release. Another fuckin 2008 show....

Yea, Roi's last show, but..... is that gonna inspire everyone to buy this after we have 2 almost exactly similar shows??????

I agree. They released these shows in the wrong way. This should have been the first, if not second '08 show to release. Don't try and pass it off as a third '08 show with most of the same songs and wonder why people might not by this.

Poth Ead
01-28-2009, 10:30 AM
not purchase roi's last show with the band, is that what you're saying? classy suggestion.

yes, that is what I am saying.... okay, so this is LeRoi's last performance, but we already have 2 mediocre 2008 shows, which after one listen rarely gets another spin.

deedisdone81
01-28-2009, 10:35 AM
I will be buying this, just for signifigance and that I collect them.

ethaxton
01-28-2009, 10:36 AM

:oar

Not too many things bother me on an internet msg board, but this did. Many people, regardless of what has been previously released, would love to have Roi's last show, myself included.

GJSC0831
01-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Huge fan of the Idea of You. Check out this youtube of it. I LOVE the intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwL-iXWDVzI

Moses
01-28-2009, 10:38 AM
jesus christ ants

:lol

deedisdone81
01-28-2009, 10:38 AM
yes, that is what I am saying.... okay, so this is LeRoi's last performance, but we already have 2 mediocre 2008 shows, which after one listen rarely gets another spin.

Some things are more important and have signifigance more than the fact that its a run of the mill show for 2008. Don't Buy it, thats fine, but to hope that sales don't increase for this LT is just plain rediculous. Who knows, maybe the sales from this LT will go to his family or charity.

Josh.0
01-28-2009, 10:40 AM
SPAC N2 :( ...Yeah, I'm biased, so what. It'll never get released though because the shoddy lyrics during Shotgun.

But this is cool for what it is, though I would have preferred something different from the tour.

Fiorentino
01-28-2009, 10:41 AM
:oar

Many people, regardless of what has been previously released, would love to have Roi's last show, myself included.

Couldn't have said it any better. Might give some fans closure in way..

3beamsoflight6
01-28-2009, 10:44 AM

Hoping people don't purchase something that is 100% going to charity? Solid.

willndmb
01-28-2009, 10:45 AM
WHAT THE HELL
this should have been the 1st and ONLY 08 release
instead they are milking 08 and giving us repeat after repeat

bsan83
01-28-2009, 10:48 AM
They can release a shitload of that tour for all I care (though Mile High is still brutal).

Emily
01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Hoping people don't purchase something that is 100% going to charity? Solid.
Not in any way confirmed that I know of - someone just suggested it earlier in this thread.
SPAC N2 :( ...Yeah, I'm biased, so what. It'll never get released though because the shoddy lyrics during Shotgun.
I would like both of these shows over 6.28 because of the sets and because I was at them (and SPAC N2 was my birthday), but I'm completely fine with this release because of its significance. I haven't bought an LT in a while, but I think I'll be getting this one. :upyours
Also will great to have Roi's last Ants.
:upyours :upyours :(

willndmb
01-28-2009, 11:01 AM
so thank you has been played 26 times and officially released 4
while good songs and dmb songs sit in archives
nice

mrchattr
01-28-2009, 11:02 AM
I will never understand why people get upset about another release. If you don't want it, don't buy it. I sincerely doubt that the people who make these decisions are sitting on a list of the top shows you guys want, and are almost there, but then at the last second decide to release something from the current year pops up, blocking all the '97 releases that were just going to be the next thing that came out.

You don't want it? Don't buy it. You want it? Buy it. I think it's awesome that we keep getting shows, they sound way better than AUDs (no offense, tapers, you guys rock), and it's always fun to listen to a new show. DMBLive will either keep kicking out old stuff, or start to be used to put out every show from a tour, like Phish, Umphrey's, moe., and so many others do, in which case all the LTs will have to be older shows.

DMBZeppelin
01-28-2009, 11:06 AM

But this is cool for what it is, though I would have preferred something different from the tour.
I really wish they had released this instead of Busch. Just because I personally think it was the best show with Roi.

batleon
01-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah, Busch and this show were expected. The mistake of a release was Mile High. If they'd given us a better '08 show than Mile High I'm guessing we'd be seeing a lot less complaints about this release.

Poth Ead
01-28-2009, 11:22 AM
who am I kidding... I'll probably buy it because I buy every album this band releases :lol

MJA3488
01-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Im pretty happy about this, for obvious reasons. Also, this is the first show out of the 71 ive been too that will be an official release. I challenge anyone to go to 70 shows without getting 1 released...

celluloid hero
01-28-2009, 11:30 AM
They can release every show from the tour that Dreaming Tree on it and I'm good. Plus what do I give a shit about Mile High, I didn't buy it. So I can hardly be upset about repeats from it. 2 Thank Yous when I don't own one of them equals 1 Thank You.

batleon
01-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Now I'm starting to think I will cave and get this. Of course, I went through the same thing with Busch and Mile High and ended up not getting either one.

It is unfortunate that Roi's last show had four Stand Up songs though...

willndmb
01-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Now I'm starting to think I will cave and get this. Of course, I went through the same thing with Busch and Mile High and ended up not getting either one.

It is unfortunate that Roi's last show had four Stand Up songs though...
i will get it because its roi last show but i am not happy about it

it would have been better imo to just make the wh member disc a mix of songs from rois last show vs releasing the whole thing
ie WH5/8 "lerois last run"
Out of My Hands >
Everyday >
Ants Marching > Jimi Thing [tease] >
So Much to Say > Anyone Seen the Bridge >
Too Much

Crush87
01-28-2009, 11:41 AM
not a particularly interesting show musically, but it's almost comforting to see management picking a show based on its significance and not on the $$$ they can get out of it.

celluloid hero
01-28-2009, 11:44 AM

it would have been better imo to just make the wh member disc a mix of songs from rois last show vs releasing the whole thing
ie WH5/8 "lerois last run"
Out of My Hands >
Everyday >
Ants Marching > Jimi Thing [tease] >
So Much to Say > Anyone Seen the Bridge >
Too Much

I can tell you that you are the only person who would be happy waiting a year and a half to get Out of My Hands, Everyday, Sister and Thank You on a disc that is normally well received with old versions, no matter what the circumstances.

Plus with the new DMBlive system, Live Traxes are going to be more modern, seemingly. So use up the WH 8 disc, in order to push off a 2008 (eliminating the best parts of the show like Dreaming Tree) so they can release another 06 - 08 instead.

Terrible idea, though I think you're a good person.

Mersh
01-28-2009, 11:44 AM
the only thing that might get me to buy it is that is was Roi's last show. Beyond that there isn't much that interests me. Ah well, I am sure DMBlive will be updated at some point. For what everyone has said was such an amazing tour I feel like the releases from it have been underwhelming and not a great representation.

ThememanXX
01-28-2009, 11:49 AM
the only thing that might get me to buy it is that is was Roi's last show. Beyond that there is much that interests me. Ah well, I am sure DMBlive will be updated at some point. For what everyone has said was such an amazing tour I feel like the releases from it have been underwhelming and not a great representation.

That sums it up.

batleon
01-28-2009, 11:51 AM

Why the hell would you spend money on something that you're not going to be happy about? I mean, come on. Just don't get it.

Mersh
01-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Why the hell would you spend money on something that you're not going to be happy about? I mean, come on. Just don't get it.

I suppose it is possible he didn't mean buy it when he said get it

Rowsdower
01-28-2009, 12:00 PM
This is quite a double-edged sword. Releasing Roi's last show is a nice sentiment and tribute. The show, however, isn't very good. Personally, I would have preferred a better show (of which there are many from this tour) with maybe some well thought out bonus, such as a photo of LeRoi.

All in all, I ain't buying this.

NiCK Crush
01-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Love that they are releasing Roi's last show... But the setlist is pretty much the same as Mile High, and Busch.

Either way, I'm buying... but wish the set was better.

NiCK Crush
01-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Another Thank You closer... ouch.

batleon
01-28-2009, 12:04 PM
I suppose it is possible he didn't mean buy it when he said get it

You're right. That was pretty naive of me wasn't it?

willndmb
01-28-2009, 12:11 PM

because i didn't get the other 08s
out of the 3 add in its rois last show i can spring for one
but there are much better shows form 08 i rather have and many more from other yrs i think people as a whole would rather have

willndmb
01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
I can tell you that you are the only person who would be happy waiting a year and a half to get Out of My Hands, Everyday, Sister and Thank You on a disc that is normally well received with old versions, no matter what the circumstances.

Plus with the new DMBlive system, Live Traxes are going to be more modern, seemingly. So use up the WH 8 disc, in order to push off a 2008 (eliminating the best parts of the show like Dreaming Tree) so they can release another 06 - 08 instead.

thats the point
i rather have a complete old show then a 3rd 08 show that is nothing spectacular music wise
make it spac, alpine, s america and we are talking a different game

NiCK Crush
01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
It is frustrating. As incredible of a tour that 08 was... they managed to release the 3 shows on the lower end of all of them, that is for sure. However, I'm more annoyed about Mile High and Busch than I am about this... this needs to be released.

Rowsdower
01-28-2009, 12:16 PM
It is frustrating. As incredible of a tour that 08 was... they managed to release the 3 shows on the lower end of all of them, that is for sure. However, I'm more annoyed about Mile High and Busch than I am about this... this needs to be released.

I understand the "release last show" idea, but alternatively, they could have released a show from '08 where they thought Roi really shined, or released a show from '08 that Roi was particularly pleased with. It didn't necessarily need to be his last show to be a fitting tribute.

NiCK Crush
01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
I understand the "release last show" idea, but alternatively, they could have released a show from '08 where they thought Roi really shined, or released a show from '08 that Roi was particularly pleased with. It didn't necessarily need to be his last show to be a fitting tribute.

No, it didnt, but I understand the thought process.

celluloid hero
01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
thats the point
i rather have a complete old show then a 3rd 08 show that is nothing spectacular music wise
make it spac, alpine, s america and we are talking a different game

but the point you're making is a pre-December, pre-DMBlive point. Things are different now. I don't know or anything, but I think it's pretty clear that DMBlive is where those shows are going to come from while Live Trax will be more modern shows that will sell well at shows.

You're not going to get an old complete show if they don't release this one, you're going to get another 06 - 08 show. This Dreaming Tree is spectacular musicwise, by the way.

NiCK Crush
01-28-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm glad to see that the Live Trax series is going to continue.

kylebond13
01-28-2009, 12:21 PM
this feels premature to me?

(not to mention the 3rd meh show released from 2008)

celluloid hero
01-28-2009, 12:22 PM
this feels premature to me?

premature? how so? In 4 years, this will still be his last show, only it won't sell as well.

JWood
01-28-2009, 12:23 PM

:upyours

be nice to have a good mix of Space (Folsom was good, but the LL)

awesome that Idea of You is on there, I liked the little intro this year

another So Damn Lucky, should be a good one

first PNP > Rapunzel '08 released

JWood
01-28-2009, 12:24 PM
they should sell this with proceeds going to a memorial fund

kylebond13
01-28-2009, 12:24 PM
premature? how so? In 4 years, this will still be his last show, only it won't sell as well.

yeah uh tying "selling" to the last show is a bit...something.

anyways, they should have just given this to WH members or something. put it up for free download on DMBLive......but selling it 7 months after his death. I disagree

willndmb
01-28-2009, 12:27 PM
but the point you're making is a pre-December, pre-DMBlive point. Things are different now. I don't know or anything, but I think it's pretty clear that DMBlive is where those shows are going to come from while Live Trax will be more modern shows that will sell well at shows.

You're not going to get an old complete show if they don't release this one, you're going to get another 06 - 08 show. This Dreaming Tree is spectacular musicwise, by the way.

any 06 or 07 is better then 3 08 shows in a row
and every show they release rather it be 92-08 pushes the next release back since i doubt they work on more then one at a time

Rowsdower
01-28-2009, 12:28 PM

be nice to have a good mix of Space (Folsom was good, but the LL)

awesome that Idea of You is on there, I liked the little intro this year

another So Damn Lucky, should be a good one

first PNP > Rapunzel '08 released

This So Damn Lucky has already been released on the Live Trax 2008 iTunes thing.

As for The Space Between, you could always pop in the Gorge version.

CRUSHsoccer15
01-28-2009, 12:28 PM
if they don't donate all proceeds, there is no merit to this release.

NiCK Crush
01-28-2009, 12:31 PM

The 08 Spaces were much better than any other year its been played though.

Emily
01-28-2009, 12:32 PM
I think the chances are pretty good that they'll do something like that.

willndmb
01-28-2009, 12:32 PM

that truly would be the classy thing to do and no one can argue that

JWood
01-28-2009, 12:33 PM
This So Damn Lucky has already been released on the Live Trax 2008 iTunes thing.

oh, this is that one?

booooooo

batleon
01-28-2009, 12:33 PM

I couldn't possibly disagree with you more.

Rowsdower
01-28-2009, 12:35 PM
The 08 Spaces were much better than any other year its been played though.

I would disagree, although this isn't a song I'm passionate about either way. Making it acoustic and shortening it doesn't make it much better to me.

NiCK Crush
01-28-2009, 12:39 PM
I would disagree, although this isn't a song I'm passionate about either way. Making it acoustic and shortening it doesn't make it much better to me.

Eh, different strokes. I just liked the acoustic sound more, it was calming. Not all glitzy.

kylebond13
01-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Eh, different strokes. I just liked the acoustic sound more, it was calming. Not all glitzy.

yep. minus butch helped the most

celluloid hero
01-28-2009, 12:45 PM
and every show they release rather it be 92-08 pushes the next release back since i doubt they work on more then one at a time

really? because they released 5 DMBlive shows at one time.

JWood
01-28-2009, 12:47 PM
:whatever

celluloid hero
01-28-2009, 12:48 PM
yeah uh tying "selling" to the last show is a bit...something.

anyways, they should have just given this to WH members or something. put it up for free download on DMBLive......but selling it 7 months after his death. I disagree

What is the cut off for when it is ok to sell this show? 2 months? a year? 5 years? You want it for free, go to dreamingtree.org

bottom line is they are a business. It doesn't matter what show it is. AND if they do what people consider to be the ultimate classy move and donate all the proceeds, that makes "selling" it a priority.

Or is it possible in some universe to promote sales going to a charity, while at the same time saying that making sales for this show important is a bit... something.

kylebond13
01-28-2009, 12:50 PM
bottom line is they are a business. It doesn't matter what show it is. AND if they do what people consider to be the ultimate classy move and donate all the proceeds, that makes "selling" it a priority.

Or is it possible in some universe to promote sales going to a charity, while at the same time saying that making sales for this show important is a bit... something.

1. it does matter what show it is

2. they are a business, and a very successful one. they're not going to be on the street throwing rocks if one live release doesnt sell. sorry.

3. if sold, this would hardly be the first instance of profiteering

4. there is no cut off. fact of the matter is that leroi is dead and this is his last performance. id say it qualifies as unusual circumstances

willndmb
01-28-2009, 12:51 PM
really? because they released 5 DMBlive shows at one time.

totally different
for starts that is not a cd that needs pressing
not all have the same number of channels to mix
a new site should have more then 1 thing to "kick start it"
and bottom line is we have no clue how long each one of those was being worked on
besides if they were working on them all at once they need to staop doing that because pretty much everyone had issues and blue note still has issues

JWood
01-28-2009, 12:53 PM

that mix sucks, and dave's voice is shot

i think everyone here can agree on that

CRUSHsoccer15
01-28-2009, 12:54 PM
I think the chances are pretty good that they'll do something like that.

ya for sure.

celluloid hero
01-28-2009, 12:54 PM
1. it does matter what show it is

2. they are a business, and a very successful one. they're not going to be on the street throwing rocks if one live release doesnt sell. sorry.

3. if sold, this would hardly be the first instance of profiteering

4. there is no cut off. fact of the matter is that leroi is dead and this is his last performance. id say it qualifies as unusual circumstances

they are no longer their own business. They are owned by livenation and a lot more fucked up things have happened. It's not one bad sales release cuts your department, but you certainly want to keep them up.

celluloid hero
01-28-2009, 12:56 PM
besides if they were working on them all at once they need to staop doing that because pretty much everyone had issues and blue note still has issues

come on. they so clearly were not ready to be put up. After they sold a thousand of these shows by accident, if they released fixed copies they would get complaints from every single person saying they wanted money back or a fresh download.

You're a better poster than this.

3beamsoflight6
01-28-2009, 01:05 PM
hoepfully they'll get the mix right for Tim on SDL this time around.

willndmb
01-28-2009, 01:06 PM
come on. they so clearly were not ready to be put up. After they sold a thousand of these shows by accident, if they released fixed copies they would get complaints from every single person saying they wanted money back or a fresh download.

You're a better poster than this.

??? what

imo its clear the shows were not suppose to be bought and the site was not ready to go live
if it was me (the business owner) and people bought unreleased and imperfect shows than thats their problem
if you want to have the shows be correct then you should wait till they are ready to be released and are released
you have not argument imo to redownload the show if you bought it before it was official

with that said they wouldn't have sold thousands if people knew it was not ready for release and had problems to begin with

orbs35
01-28-2009, 01:09 PM
all i wanted to see released from this tour was a money, a sugar will, and a good sdl

celluloid hero
01-28-2009, 01:11 PM
??? what

imo its clear the shows were not suppose to be bought and the site was not ready to go live
if it was me (the business owner) and people bought unreleased and imperfect shows than thats their problem
if you want to have the shows be correct then you should wait till they are ready to be released and are released
you have not argument imo to redownload the show if you bought it before it was official

with that said they wouldn't have sold thousands if people knew it was not ready for release and had problems to begin with

I agree with every point here. They probably have perfect copies of every single one of those shows and chose not to put them up afterward.

willndmb
01-28-2009, 01:16 PM
I agree with every point here. They probably have perfect copies of every single one of those shows and chose not to put them up afterward.

sweet we agree on somethign today lol

seriously though as much as i and many others would like a 97 show or some other show its a show worth getting because its the last show with roi

i'm off to work on some dvd
peace

Mersh
01-28-2009, 01:16 PM
DMB fans bitch about everything and demand everything. WHy would they care if people asked for another download if they put up a fixed version? All the other bitching gets people nowhere.

I don't know why a fixed version of Blue Note hasn't been put up, but I don't think it is because they are mad that people downloaded the shows prior to an official release or because they don't want to deal with the complaints.

scoot_14
01-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Honestly...I used to get excited for every new live release (and download every show AUD during the tour) but at this point there have been so many releases that it has lost most of it's appeal to me.

I have nothing against the band trying to make money. I think they are genuinely trying to give people what they want.

I kind of miss the days when there was just Red Rocks, Listener Supported, Chicago and Folsom...when Live Trax 1 came out I couldn't have been more pysched but now there's too much saturation. I used to enjoy searching for shows online from traders too...before torrents

Mersh
01-28-2009, 02:10 PM
I don't care how many they release. If the show is good I always look forward to getting it.

batleon
01-28-2009, 02:12 PM
The plus side of all these different releases is there is something out there for everyone. There are still things to get excited about. DMBLive has me pretty excited so far.

NiCK Crush
01-28-2009, 02:22 PM
I don't care how many they release. If the show is good I always look forward to getting it.

Agreed, but the more shows they release, the better chances of the really great ones getting out there, obviously.

batleon
01-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Picture is down, they're on to us.

ThememanXX
01-28-2009, 02:48 PM

Run away!

Mersh
01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Ants announcement about how angry they are to come soon.

sdaltons
01-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Ants announcement about how angry they are to come soon.
"hey guys, lets all email the warehouse and beg them to release something different! that's sure to stop them from releasing this show that they've already started to prepare!"

TheNoise
01-28-2009, 03:05 PM
umm you guys shouldn't be hacking the dmb sites

hobbesthecat
01-28-2009, 03:06 PM
umm you guys shouldn't be hacking the dmb sites
can a mod please sticky this post...so we can be constantly reminded about this and do not forget it.

:banana

ThememanXX
01-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Jake's probably sitting in an interregation room with Coran right now.

Smokey the Bear
01-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Space Between is absolutely beautiful on this.

If you haven't heard it yet, give it a listen. Mainly D&T, with a few Carter fills. Tim is :upyours on it

Tomacco
01-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Cornbread will also end up being the best officially released version we have so far too, and IOY is nice to have. I was also a big fan of OOMH this year, so :upyours

About "hacking", by the way, I dunno if this is considered hacking at all. Nobody's a hacker, the WH just makes these things somewhat easy to find.

Poth Ead
01-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Just looking over the set, an '08 OOMH will be nice to have... and you can't complain about getting another live Dreaming Tree. Perhaps Rapunzel. That's about it.

Tomacco
01-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Just listened to the show's YMDT. Pretty stellar version. I'm pretty happy about this release, except I don't like how Thank You and Bayou have found their way onto all 3 2008 releases.

Smokey the Bear
01-28-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't like how Thank You and Bayou have found their way onto all 3 2008 releases.

And Cornbread. And DDTW. And SDL (4, including this version twice). And YMDT. And Eh Hee. And Ants.

That being said, this show is essential. I hope 8.19 makes its way out as well.

mynameisdon
01-28-2009, 04:09 PM
And Cornbread. And DDTW. And SDL (4, including this version twice). And YMDT. And Eh Hee. And Ants.

That being said, this show is essential. I hope 8.19 makes its way out as well.

ThememanXX
01-28-2009, 04:20 PM
That being said, this show is essential.

Exactly. Oh, and with Cornbread, it was pretty much a staple of the tour, tough to avoid that one.

kylebond13
01-28-2009, 05:12 PM
gotta say that dave's vocals and tim on space between are great. simple but great.

gives promise to the new album that even if everyday/stand up material was on the table, tim would know what to do with it. and i reaffirm that minus butch on space between is a good thing

p.s. liog.org has it, fyi

The Godfather
01-28-2009, 05:33 PM
http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMCD58

:upyours :notworthy

Damn, i miss him

dmb2much40
01-28-2009, 05:35 PM
i'm glad they decided to release this show. its obviously one of the most significant shows in the band's history.

looking forward to space, idea of you, sledgehammer, dreaming tree & ants.

its unfortunate that this release is so similar to busch and mile high, but this show should have been the first 08 release. and if it was i don't think as many people would be complaining. they dropped the ball on the first 2 releases, not this one.

Fan#41
01-28-2009, 05:36 PM
I think this is definitely a fitting tribute. Last show Roi performed with his bandmates since coming aboard 18 years earlier, it was a home venue show, and certain moments throughout the performance really showcase some key elements that are prime examples of what Roi has been trying to do over the last few years with Rashawn.

Also, we now have many options for obtaining officially released live stuff. Live Trax, WH5/8, Bonus Discs, and now DMBLive and the rare in-store releases. It seems sometimes people keep forgetting this and one release such as this which doesn't hold up to thier ideal view of a release becomes some horrid moment. It's not a show that was marketed for a major financial push, it wasn't an obvious pick by a crew member because they knew the band felt it was an awesome show, it's a selection that's very important to everyone involved in this band. As far as the whole, releasing this for free discussion, I don't know. All I know is that as far as selections go, it was the only one that made sense for a Live Trax release right now.

So releasing this as a Live Trax makes perfect sense to me since it's one of the most important shows the band has performed. That doesn't mean it's perfect, great, or even the best in its era, rather it's major turning point, an important piece to the puzzle for obvious reasons.

The Godfather
01-28-2009, 05:38 PM
I think this is definitely a fitting tribute. Last show Roi performed with his bandmates since coming aboard 18 years earlier, it was a home venue show, and certain moments throughout the performance really showcase some key elements that are prime examples of what Roi has been trying to do over the last few years with Rashawn.

Also, we now have many options for obtaining officially released live stuff. Live Trax, WH5/8, Bonus Discs, and now DMBLive and the rare in-store releases. It seems sometimes people keep forgetting this and one release such as this which doesn't hold up to thier ideal view of a release becomes some horrid moment. It's not a show that was marketed for a major financial push, it wasn't an obvious pick by a crew member because they knew the band felt it was an awesome show, it's a selection that's very important to everyone involved in this band. As far as the whole, releasing this for free discussion, I don't know. All I know is that as far as selections go, it was the only one that made sense for a Live Trax release right now.

So releasing this as a Live Trax makes perfect sense to me since it's one of the most important shows the band has performed. That doesn't mean it's perfect, great, or even the best in its era, rather it's major turning point, an important piece to the puzzle for obvious reasons.

Well said.

Moses
01-28-2009, 05:44 PM
ants changed it.

The Godfather
01-28-2009, 05:47 PM
changed what?

gweeps
01-28-2009, 05:47 PM

:runaway

drh424s
01-28-2009, 06:55 PM

That's true and well read, but I think for that reason and for the reason that a lot of casual fans won't know that it was his last show, it should be included as a warehouse disc and something else from 2008 released to the masses.

Tomacco
01-28-2009, 06:59 PM
That's true and well read, but I think for that reason and for the reason that a lot of casual fans won't know that it was his last show, it should be included as a warehouse disc and something else from 2008 released to the masses.

They should release it with the new studio album, either as a bonus pre-order deal or in some kind of combo. Plus, this should have been in-store over Busch.

drh424s
01-28-2009, 07:10 PM
They should release it with the new studio album, either as a bonus pre-order deal or in some kind of combo. Plus, this should have been in-store over Busch.

Agreed and No way to being in-store over busch . . . busch was way too much more marketable than this show from a setlist standpoint. And it had a better set list at that.

ggies
01-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Plus, this should have been in-store over Busch.

exactly. I. Don't. Fucking. Understand. This. Management. :rantWe need to release this because it's a special show and we need to remember Roi, but it's not THAT special for in-store release....just do it through LiveTrax. :downyours

Fan#41
01-28-2009, 07:17 PM

More people will get this as a LT vs. it being a WH release of some sort. So if you're logic is to push this as much as possible then what better way than an LT release other than an in-store release which wouldn't make much sense.

I think putting this as bonus disc kind of taints it, imo. Having it in the forefront as a single release on its own marks as something that was an important piece of the band's history, much like LT7.

DMBZeppelin
01-28-2009, 07:21 PM
I haven't been home all day, has there been an announcement yet? One of the pre-order packages is up, and I'm adding them to the first post.

The Godfather
01-28-2009, 07:35 PM
well here's the pic again:

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dmcd58cq3.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7045/dmcd58cq3.jpg

patsfan39
01-28-2009, 07:38 PM
i really like this release. i dont care that its not the best show from this year. i just care that its the last performance with all original members performing. as brendan said its an important piece to the puzzle.

I truly believe if Mile High hadnt been released, people would like this much more. That is the release that was the mistake if you ask me.

The cover is great and i like the shirt too, it obviously reminds me of the flower posters from this year.

The Godfather
01-28-2009, 07:43 PM
i would have liked if they did this:

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leroicf6.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/710/leroicf6.jpg

Either way it is a nice, fitting cover.

patsfan39
01-28-2009, 07:47 PM
that is a great idea, but i bet that the image was taken by a photographer other than one the band contracts. Trey used it on his website, so something tells me the copyrights do not belong to dmb. If they are going to sell the live trax then they need the rights to the image. Id bet they decided it wasnt cost efficient to purchase the image, when they could use a picture of Leroi himself that costs nothing for them to use.

The Godfather
01-28-2009, 07:51 PM
that is a great idea, but i bet that the image was taken by a photographer other than one the band contracts. Trey used it on his website, so something tells me the copyrights do not belong to dmb. If they are going to sell the live trax then they need the rights to the image. Id bet they decided it wasnt cost efficient to purchase the image, when they could use a picture of Leroi himself that costs nothing for them to use.

You're absouletly right..I like cover with 'roi, but this one would be cool as well.

italy8384
01-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Hope they have a shirt for guys included in the pre-order.

JWood
01-28-2009, 09:14 PM

i love that picture, that would've been great

drumrun
01-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Hope they have a shirt for guys included in the pre-order.

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMCT275

Found it on anothr site, not sure if its 100%

DMB1541
01-28-2009, 09:38 PM

Wow, that is pretty cool.

willndmb
01-28-2009, 09:48 PM

hmmm
wish it had all the flowers images but i understand why it doesn't
i think they would have sold more if it was full band though

maybe i am just out of the loop on tshirt but i have not seen these ones
http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMCT272 s africa firedancer
http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMCT274 s american
few others too like this i have not seen http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMCT267

JWood
01-28-2009, 09:55 PM
good finds, i've only seen the last one (at DMB shows i believe)

Poth Ead
01-28-2009, 10:03 PM
that shirt looks pretty mint. I would definately buy it, and I'm not one to purchase concert/band t-shirts. I just want the live music :toocool

DMB1541
01-28-2009, 10:08 PM
hmmm
wish it had all the flowers images but i understand why it doesn't
i think they would have sold more if it was full band though

maybe i am just out of the loop on tshirt but i have not seen these ones
http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMCT272 s africa firedancer
http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMCT274 s american
few others too like this i have not seen http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/DMCT267

All of those have been on the Store's site for a while now.

Hopper
01-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Fitting Release. Below-average show.

Hopper
01-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Also, I really hope that DMB donates a majority of the profit to Roi's favorite charities.

The Godfather
01-28-2009, 10:23 PM
I like that brown roi shirt

LIOGwhat
01-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Im pretty happy about this, for obvious reasons. Also, this is the first show out of the 71 ive been too that will be an official release. I challenge anyone to go to 70 shows without getting 1 released...

can't top you with 70. but have hit 44 which is still a solid number of shows to not have seen any sort of official release. i'm happy to finally get a show i was at for sure. i travel out of the philadelphia region each summer, trying to hit a different spot to see dmb in addition to my typical tour stops. i still think it was a bit of fate to randomly hit bristow and it would turn out to be the last show the 5 would play together. I feel lucky to have been there...as for the rest of the fans, i think this release would sit perfectly fine with the complainers if it weren't for the release of mile high and busch in such close proximity, time wise.

in any case, can't wait for this one!

Tomacco
01-28-2009, 10:53 PM
I will purchase this release with the sax shirt, assuming it's all true and legit.

seekup19
01-29-2009, 12:52 AM
WOW, finally they're releasing a show I was at!!

I enjoyed the hell out of this show. Can't wait to buy it. Good show

kylebond13
01-29-2009, 02:18 AM

perhaps the back cover or something similar

NiCK Crush
01-29-2009, 07:08 AM
perhaps the back cover or something similar

the back of the LTs usually dont have an image on them... if anything though, that could be in the inside of the case.

willndmb
01-29-2009, 12:28 PM
All of those have been on the Store's site for a while now.

haha figures
what was the africa one for?

JWood
01-29-2009, 03:37 PM
what was the africa one for?

Toto

JWood
01-29-2009, 03:38 PM
the back of the LTs usually dont have an image on them... if anything though, that could be in the inside of the case.

I think they should still change it, there aren't any band pics on the front of the LTs, plus the last couple have been instruments. oh well...

DMBZeppelin
01-29-2009, 04:57 PM
http://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?pc=DMDD50

As part of a continual effort to celebrate the life and memory of our friend and brother, founding DMB member LeRoi Moore, we are releasing his last concert performance as Live Trax Volume 14. Proceeds from the sales will be donated by Dave Matthews Band in LeRoi’s memory to the Charlottesville Music Resource Center and the Boys and Girls Club of Charlottesville-Albemarle, among other organizations which best reflect LeRoi’s spirit and passions.

Highlights of the Nissan show include the acoustic version of The Space Between, a song that had not been played live since 04. Sledgehammer made its live debut at the Nissan show, afterwards becoming a favorite on summer tour set lists. Other highlights include the ever-passionate Don't Drink the Water, a tight version of So Damn Lucky followed by The Dreaming Tree; Boyd's jam on Louisiana Bayou and LeRoi and Rashawn's jam on Anyone Seen the Bridge are also noteworthy. The show ended with another summer tour favorite, Sly and the Family Stone's Thank You (Falletin Me Be Mice Elf Agin).

TheNoise
01-29-2009, 05:00 PM
nice

NiCK Crush
01-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Excellent. I'm gonna be getting a few copies.

SteadySmokin03
01-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Cornbread will also end up being the best officially released version we have so far too, and IOY is nice to have. I was also a big fan of OOMH this year, so :upyours

About "hacking", by the way, I dunno if this is considered hacking at all. Nobody's a hacker, the WH just makes these things somewhat easy to find.

Thank you. I noticed more than a couple remarks about this not even being a "good" show, which is clearly not true. There are most definitely some redeeming moments to this show. As I said in an earlier post, I will cherish this release and listen to Roi's every note, perhaps more closely than I ever have, just because they were his last.

ggies
01-29-2009, 05:07 PM
I pre-ordered.

bsan83
01-29-2009, 05:12 PM
That's a pretty cool move then. I'll probably actually buy this in that regard.

TheNoise
01-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Proceeds from the sales will be donated by Dave Matthews Band in LeRoiís memory to the Charlottesville Music Resource Center and the Boys and Girls Club of Charlottesville-Albemarle, among other organizations which best reflect LeRoiís spirit and passions.

:upyours :upyours :upyours

worth the purchase

batleon
01-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Yeah I'm changing my mind here. Of the three '08 shows, this one seems to make the most sense to get. Glad I waited.

JWood
01-29-2009, 05:34 PM
hmm...no date posted

Tomacco
01-29-2009, 05:40 PM
I really hope this mix is as good as LT13's. The Mile High mix was really disappointing for me, and having two wonderfully mixed 2008 shows would be great. Shame we didn't get Money, Sugar Will, The Stone, Seek Up, Stay Or Leave, BDTH, The Maker, or Water/Wine (7/29 onward) released from this tour, but we've done really well overall. Glad they also appreciate how great and significant this past tour was.

DMB1541
01-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Classy move DMB :upyours

sdaltons
01-29-2009, 06:09 PM
I really hope this mix is as good as LT13's. The Mile High mix was really disappointing for me, and having two wonderfully mixed 2008 shows would be great. Shame we didn't get Money, Sugar Will, The Stone, Seek Up, Stay Or Leave, BDTH, The Maker, or Water/Wine (7/29 onward) released from this tour, but we've done really well overall. Glad they also appreciate how great and significant this past tour was.
the way they've been releasing '08 stuff, maybe the whole warehouse disc will be those exact 8 songs!

DMBZeppelin
01-29-2009, 06:53 PM
CD: $15.99
http://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?pc=DMDD50

CD/T-Shirt: $29.99
http://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?pc=DM130COMBO

All items ordered with Live Trax Vol. 14 will ship after the Pre-Order closing at 3pm on Friday, March 20, 2009. You must select expedited shipping to receive your package on the Pre-Order release date of Tuesday, March 24, 2009.

nolan8or
01-29-2009, 06:58 PM
definitely getting the cd and shirt

willndmb
01-29-2009, 08:02 PM
i know many of you here DL shows from torrent sites
however imo i don't think anyone should download this
show some class and buy this even if you don't buy any of the other releases

NiCK Crush
01-29-2009, 08:08 PM
yea, this is such a great idea. so glad they decided to do something like this.

BeaufordBuddy
01-29-2009, 08:13 PM
So this will release, kind of a "goodbye to LeRoi" moment, and then shortly after, the new album will hit store shelves. The beginning of a new era. Pretty good thinking on their part.

Aside from the obvious significance of this release, I'm actually looking forward to a few things on this one. I don't think there is a bad song on here, except maybe Bayou. How is the Idea of You and Rapunzel on this one? What about the Dreaming Tree? I hope the Sledgehammer is better than the Mile High one. Also, The Space Between version is one I remember really enjoying.

The debut of Sledgehammer was the greatest version of the whole summer.

Tomacco
01-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Quite happy with all this. Pre-ordering the CD and shirt.

dmb1981
01-29-2009, 08:32 PM

absolutely.

Moses
01-29-2009, 08:47 PM
wheres phelps when you need him

this sledgehammer is like his child

Fan#41
01-29-2009, 09:01 PM

Poth Ead
01-29-2009, 09:09 PM
I'll buy it... the proceeds go to charity so that's a good thing.

Poth Ead
01-29-2009, 09:10 PM

I agree; the Busch mix is one of the better ones in a few years

NiCK Crush
01-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Honestly, how could anyone that considers themselves a DMB fan just download this without buying?

I'm not one to give people that much shit about just downloading torrents, but in this case, I just think it is unforgivable.

dmbphan41
01-29-2009, 10:20 PM
I'll admit I'm one of those that just downloads the live releases but I'm for sure buying the cd/shirt combo

FiddySpence
01-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Honestly, how could anyone that considers themselves a DMB fan just download this without buying?

I'm not one to give people that much shit about just downloading torrents, but in this case, I just think it is unforgivable.

unforgivable? please. i'm buying this for obvious reasons, but i couldn't give a shit what anyone else does to get it.

NiCK Crush
01-29-2009, 11:16 PM
unforgivable? please. i'm buying this for obvious reasons, but i couldn't give a shit what anyone else does to get it.

For those that love this band, and support them, yea, I think it's pretty unforgivable.

For the average dude that just downloaded it because they are looking for new music and have heard a thing or two about DMB but do not follow the band (and thus, do not understand the significance of this release) then I suppose I can't blame them.

Tomacco
01-29-2009, 11:22 PM
For those that love this band, and support them, yea, I think it's pretty unforgivable.

For the average dude that just downloaded it because they are looking for new music and have heard a thing or two about DMB but do not follow the band (and thus, do not understand the significance of this release) then I suppose I can't blame them.

I dunno. We've all supported Roi so much over the years, financially and with good wishes. I see your point, but "unforgivable" is harsh. I already donated $50 to Roi's memorial fund, but I don't mind giving more for this nice release and the nice shirt. But I don't fault those big fans who don't have a lot of spare cash for downloading it, because I know they've supported Roi so much over the years too by buying other things and going to a bunch of shows.

FiddySpence
01-29-2009, 11:24 PM
I dunno. We've all supported Roi so much over the years, financially and with good wishes. I see your point, but "unforgivable" is harsh. I already donated $50 to Roi's memorial fund, but I don't mind giving more for this nice release and the nice shirt. But I don't fault those big fans who don't have a lot of spare cash for downloading it, because I know they've supported Roi so much over the years too by buying other things and going to a bunch of shows.

this.

NiCK Crush
01-29-2009, 11:26 PM

Well, you gotta figure, people that download releases do just that: download releases. They probably do it to all of them that come out, and will continue to do so after LT14. I think based on what we know will be done with money earned from this release, it shouldn't be too hard for those who constantly just download releases, to suck it up and scrap some cash together and buy this for a great cause.

DMB1541
01-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Buy this show. Its just 20-30 bucks.

FiddySpence
01-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Well, you gotta figure, people that download releases do just that: download releases. They probably do it to all of them that come out, and will continue to do so after LT14. I think based on what we know will be done with money earned from this release, it shouldn't be too hard for those who constantly just download releases, to suck it up and scrap some cash together and buy this for a great cause.

not true. i own about half and have downloaded half. it's been based purely on how much cash i have around at the time they come out. and to be frank, if i don't have 20 bucks in my account to spare when this drops i'll dl it and buy it later and won't feel the least guilty.

dmbphan41
01-30-2009, 12:20 AM
My monkey has a bright orange penis and a bright blue pair of balls :lol

NiCK Crush
01-30-2009, 12:22 AM
not true. i own about half and have downloaded half. it's been based purely on how much cash i have around at the time they come out. and to be frank, if i don't have 20 bucks in my account to spare when this drops i'll dl it and buy it later and won't feel the least guilty.

Alright, I mean, I was speaking in a generality. Of course there are some that do both.

Either way, if you do both, then make this one of them that you buy, that's all.

drh424s
01-30-2009, 12:27 AM
I only planned on dl'ing this so i could hear ants and rapunzel (I think the set is shitty minus those songs) . . . but I like the t-shirt so I'm going to buy it

deedisdone81
01-30-2009, 12:38 AM
I preorded this with the shirt, can't wait to get the shirt.

NiCK Crush
01-30-2009, 12:40 AM
I preorded this with the shirt, can't wait to get the shirt.

Yea, the shirt looks pretty sharp. Not a big fan of the color though. I bet we see the other instruments one day.

CRUSHsoccer15
01-30-2009, 12:45 AM
Great, great tee.

About to order.

jonkoch
01-30-2009, 01:40 AM
pre-ordered the shirt combo. i really saw no other choice when i saw the proceeds were going to charity. my only question is...where are the proceeds from the inflated shipping charges going? [/typical musictoday gripe]

Sinister Minister
01-30-2009, 03:13 AM
I just put in my preorder for the shirt and cd. I really just want the shirt. I always wanted a roi, by far my favorite member, shirt its sad it took this for me to get one.

Smokey the Bear
01-30-2009, 03:24 AM
Just preordered with the shirt :upyours

Dmat514
01-30-2009, 06:14 AM
soo when will this ship out???

julio_havok
01-30-2009, 06:23 AM
I'd certainly buy it if it wouldn't cost me about US$ 60.

dancetheham
01-30-2009, 06:36 AM
soo when will this ship out???
March 20, I believe.

sdaltons
01-30-2009, 08:51 AM
so its odd that the preorder for this will definitely overlap with the record. especially since this preorder, at almost 2 full months, seems much longer than previous Live Trax preorders.

so i guess that means there's no chance we get our warehouse package before may

DMBpride
01-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Because it's LeRoi's last, I will be buying this show... but I'll be waiting for tour.

http://screencast.com/t/hFF0Sd2wPAN

batleon
01-30-2009, 10:50 AM
:lol Yeah the shipping continues to be ridiculous.

Josh.0
01-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Can't believe I just paid $37 for this. $9.07 for standard shipping for a package that weighs about 1 lb. :lmao

I never get in on the presales, I usually just buy the digital download when the LT is released, so this comes as a bit of a shock. Good cause though, so it's all good.

ThememanXX
01-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Yeah, the shipping murders the deal. The shirt is nice. Maybe I'll wait until they offer the shirt only, discounted through the WH store?

DMBZeppelin
01-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Yeah, the shipping murders the deal. The shirt is nice. Maybe I'll wait until they offer the shirt only, discounted through the WH store?
Ya I hope they don't discontinue the shirt after they get rid of all the stuff they have left over from the pre-order. It be awesome if the next couple tours they kept selling the shirt will all the proceeds going to LeRoi's charity.

NiCK Crush
01-30-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm thinking we will see the shirt at the merch booths at shows this spring.

godshufflingby
01-30-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm thinking we will see the shirt at the merch booths at shows this spring.

That shirt is awesome.

mr.mike
01-30-2009, 07:29 PM
I think it would make a cool tour shirt with the dates.

CRaShiNtONiCkDMB
01-30-2009, 08:55 PM
meh release.

soright05
01-30-2009, 09:10 PM
meh release.

wwwwwwhhhhhhhaaaaatttttteeeevvvvveeeerrrr

MaLaKaS
01-30-2009, 09:13 PM
meh release.

I think I would have been more excited for this if LT13 were an August 08 show instead on June again.

CRaShiNtONiCkDMB
01-30-2009, 09:14 PM
I think I would have been more excited for this if LT13 were an August 08 show instead on June again.

i wouldn't.

i mean, the show is historic obviously, but the setlist and performances are hallow. you'll even find folks who were there that said it was rough. id go as far as to say its top 3 for worst setlist of the tour. this, toronto and probably star lake N1.

MaLaKaS
01-30-2009, 09:16 PM
i wouldn't.

i mean, the show is historic obviously, but the setlist and performances were the most part are hallow. you'll even find folks who were there that said it was rough. id go as far as to say its top 3 for worst setlist of the tour. this, toronto and probably star lake N1.

So do you think it would have been better if management picked a show that showcased Roi rather than his last show?

CRaShiNtONiCkDMB
01-30-2009, 09:20 PM
So do you think it would have been better if management picked a show that showcased Roi rather than his last show?

hershey 08 would've been nice, because 1. i was there and 2. he was much more on that show.

that said, i have no problem with this being released because it gives people the chance to own a released SBD of rois last show. and like i said, its historic for a sad reason. i dont think its a good show, so i just won't buy this. thats all. to others though, its a big deal and MGMT gives them a chance to own it. so thats good.

JWood
01-30-2009, 11:12 PM
woah another weird spelling nick, this should be interesting

NiCK Crush
01-30-2009, 11:16 PM
woah another weird spelling nick, this should be interesting

yea, I already hate him. :oar

batleon
01-30-2009, 11:27 PM
hershey 08 would've been nice, because 1. i was there

:rolleyes

CRaShiNtONiCkDMB
01-31-2009, 01:12 AM
sorry, i just dont love everything the band and its management does.

CRaShiNtONiCkDMB
01-31-2009, 01:13 AM
yea, I already hate him. :oar

hate me? you dont even know me.

just when i thought i got away from immaturity over at ants.

NiCK Crush
01-31-2009, 01:15 AM

It was a joke.

CRaShiNtONiCkDMB
01-31-2009, 01:17 AM
It was a joke.

kinda hard to tell over the internet bro.

NiCK Crush
01-31-2009, 01:18 AM
kinda hard to tell over the internet bro.

I had a smiley holding a baseball bat in a threatening manner. Come on man. Anyway, welcome.

CRaShiNtONiCkDMB
01-31-2009, 01:20 AM
I had a smiley holding a baseball bat in a threatening manner. Come on man. Anyway, welcome.

lol baseball bat?

thanks. im not new to this type of stuff though. ive been tryin t oget here for awhile because ants is becoming too much. the tour central stuff is great but for the most part, the boards are becoming ridiculous. sometimes its awesome, other times its a nightmare.

NiCK Crush
01-31-2009, 01:23 AM
thanks. im not new to this type of stuff though. ive been tryin t oget here for awhile because ants is becoming too much. the tour central stuff is great but for the most part, the boards are becoming ridiculous. sometimes its awesome, other times its a nightmare.

Yea, Tour Central is a great concept.

DMBAlmanac is where I go for everything live DMB, hopefully they implement an option to keep track of personal stats there soon.

FiddySpence
01-31-2009, 01:34 AM
sorry, i just dont love everything the band and its management does.

you'd fit in here with that, but it's more the fact that your number one point for wanting hershey is that you were there...

celluloid hero
01-31-2009, 01:36 AM
John has a long mustache.

CRaShiNtONiCkDMB
01-31-2009, 01:41 AM
you'd fit in here with that, but it's more the fact that your number one point for wanting hershey is that you were there...

and i also said that the show featured roi much better and that waas the 2nd to last show he played.

and if i had it my way, id release 12/3/98, 12/7/98, 11/30/98, 6/10/97 and all the other great shows over hershey.

so yeah, whatever.

TDunk
01-31-2009, 02:32 AM

what made you think that mixing up capital and lower case letters in your screen name was a good idea?

FiddySpence
01-31-2009, 02:41 AM
what made you think that mixing up capital and lower case letters in your screen name was a good idea?

i'd like both of them to answer haha.

CRaShiNtONiCkDMB
01-31-2009, 02:43 AM

its a screen name. is it a big deal to you?

so far, some of you are ridiculous.

NiCK Crush
01-31-2009, 02:44 AM
i'd like both of them to answer haha.

Oh come on, it's one letter. It was 10 years ago, it stuck. Give me a break :lol

NiCK Crush
01-31-2009, 02:46 AM
its a screen name. is it a big deal to you?

so far, some of you are ridiculous.

I don't think get this place just yet.

FiddySpence
01-31-2009, 02:46 AM
:lol i'd change my username too if i could think of anything better.

CRaShiNtONiCkDMB
01-31-2009, 02:47 AM
I don't think get this place just yet.

lol what?

NiCK Crush
01-31-2009, 02:49 AM
lol what?

typo sorry, meant to say: i dont think you get this place just yet.