Pages : [1] 2

Mike VDH
01-26-2010, 02:23 PM
July 3 & 4, 2010
Alpine Valley Music Theatre
East Troy, WI

Info:
Show Time: 7:00 PM
Opening: Zac Brown Band (http://www.zacbrownband.com)
Warehouse Request Period: Ended
Confirmations Posted: Posted
Seat Locations Posted: Posted
Public On Sale: Night 1 SOLD OUT; Night 2 on sale now
GA Pit: $75.00
Reserved Seats: $75.00
Lawn: $40.00
Ticket Limit: 2
Total Price for 2 Reserved/Pit seats + fees/shipping for weekend: $335
Live Nation Link: http://www.livenation.com/venue/getVenue/venueId/29
Seating Chart: http://www.bestseatschicago.com/images/alipine_seating.pdf

DMB Venue History
Total shows: 21 (#22 and #23 this year)
Most played songs: Ants Marching (10), One Sweet World (9), Two Step (9), Pantala Naga Pampa :segue Rapunzel (9), Crash Into Me (9), Rhyme & Reason (9), Jimi Thing (9), Warehouse (9), Too Much (8 + 2 fakes), Grey Street (9)
Song debuts: SuperFreak (8/7/04), Norwegian Wood (7/24/05), A Dream So Real (8/26/07)
Longest song: Seek Up (7/1/06 - 22:40)
Total # of songs: 113

Venue History
http://www.alpinestaff.com/images/aboutUs.jpg

TDC'ers in Attendance:
Mike VDH
Emily
roshea999
CRUSHsoccer15
Ebs
wiebrod
jwood
kelseyyy
stevo154
davex3
fan42days
Smokey the Bear
Indy
NiCK Crush
spoke.
shadowraven
August & After
Ccronks
malachite00
bobblehedjesus
patsfan39

Venue Maps
http://www.alpinestaff.com/images/AVMT%20Full%20Grounds%20Map.bmp
http://www.alpinestaff.com/images/AVMT%20Property%20Map.jpg

Pictures

http://www.musicbizadvice.com/images/Alpine1.jpg

NiCK Crush
01-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Might finally make it to this.

Emily
01-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Might finally make it to this.
:upyours :upyours

You gonna avoid me again?

CRUSHsoccer15
01-26-2010, 05:03 PM
I will be there. It will be the fourth straight year for me. My favorite weekend.

NiCK Crush
01-26-2010, 05:17 PM
:upyours :upyours

You gonna avoid me again?

:lol

Hey now.

Are you gonna request GA pit?

Emily
01-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Ugh. Probably not. I'd like Vanderbilt last year to be my last GA DMB show ever. Not a fun experience.

NiCK Crush
01-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Ugh. Probably not. I'd like Vanderbilt last year to be my last GA DMB show ever. Not a fun experience.

Yea... It's awful. But since the pricing of the pit and the rest of the pavilion is $75, I might just request pit, and if I don't get it then it is my understanding my request will just be moved to pavilion seats (since they are the same price).

I've read the new guidelines like 10 times now, I'm so confused. :lol

Ebs
01-26-2010, 06:59 PM
i'll be there. So what rows in what sections will be removed and considered the pit? I think I will avoid the pit and just request reserved.

wiebrod
01-26-2010, 07:50 PM
I'll be there also for the whole weekend. What a lot of people think is that the pit will be all of 101, 102, 103, and that means a large amount of space for GA. The bad thing is you can be right up front in 101, or 103, but you can't see half of the stage.

I'm not sure if I'll try pit or just request reserved. I don't want to miss out on the tailgating, and the be stuck way on the side.

CRUSHsoccer15
01-26-2010, 07:50 PM
We need to find out if the entire 100 sections will be made GA.

CRUSHsoccer15
01-26-2010, 07:51 PM
In my opinion, having to go in super early for GA would be huge buzz kill for Alpine tailgating.

I'm really not sure how to play this one, especially as a 2006 WH member.

wiebrod
01-26-2010, 07:52 PM
We need to find out if the entire 100 sections will be made GA.

I agree, if it's 102 only for the Pit then I'm all for requesting that. If it's all sections than I'm not so sure if I will.

wiebrod
01-26-2010, 07:53 PM
In my opinion, having to go in super early for GA would be huge buzz kill for Alpine tailgating.

I'm really not sure how to play this one, especially as a 2006 WH member.It's a tough call. I'm a 2001 member and I haven't seen an betterment of my seats each year, in fact last year was the worse I had in 8 years at Alpine.

You're right, it could be a buzzkill. Tailgating is what makes Alpine what it is, the shows are great, but the build up before helps out so much.

CRUSHsoccer15
01-26-2010, 07:56 PM
I know. Every year we have said we'll go in early for the opener for one night and we don't even do that since we have such a good time.

Agreed on the seats too, mine were much worse this past year. I'm guessing because a ton of people made the trip after the 2008 sets.

CRUSHsoccer15
01-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm sure we'll find out by the end of the requesting period, but it's annoying for now.

CRUSHsoccer15
01-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Also, if the whole 100s are GA. I really, really don't want to be on the side. The crush of people to avoid those will suck.

zmanzbo
01-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Hope they will put out a seating chart that clarifies all this GA crap.

wiebrod
01-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Hope they will put out a seating chart that clarifies all this GA crap.

Any ideas of how to find out. Is it something of getting ahold of the venue?

JWood
01-26-2010, 10:31 PM
count me in, again. :hi

kelseyyy
01-26-2010, 11:17 PM
wooo just reserved my campsite!

CRUSHsoccer15
01-26-2010, 11:30 PM
I swear I'm going to open and big effing hotel right next to this place one day.

stevo154
01-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Possibly making my first trip from NY... Any suggestions on where to stay other than camping that wont financially run me into the ground?

CRUSHsoccer15
01-26-2010, 11:39 PM
A place to stay is the only awkward thing about Alpine. You're looking at a 30 min or so drive in any direction to a hotel. But you can find pretty cheap ones.

I don't know about camping, I haven't done it.

dandtrock
01-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Possibly making my first trip from NY... Any suggestions on where to stay other than camping that wont financially run me into the ground?

coming from the west i like Whitewater or Ft. Atkinson. cozy towns, but they have access to decent chain restaurants and some grocery stores for the obvious necessities. still it's best to book now. i would imagine that east.. nearer Chicago.. most places fill up fast.

NiCK Crush
01-27-2010, 01:35 AM
A place to stay is the only awkward thing about Alpine. You're looking at a 30 min or so drive in any direction to a hotel. But you can find pretty cheap ones.

I don't know about camping, I haven't done it.

Yea, I'll just be getting a hotel.

wiebrod
01-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Yea, I'll just be getting a hotel.

Thankfully I booked a couple hotel rooms this weekend using the rumored dates. I found a couple rooms at the Hampton Inn in Elkhorn, only 5 miles away and $120 a night.

Finding a hotel up there is a nightmare if you don't do it real quick.

CRUSHsoccer15
01-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Thankfully I booked a couple hotel rooms this weekend using the rumored dates. I found a couple rooms at the Hampton Inn in Elkhorn, only 5 miles away and $120 a night.

Finding a hotel up there is a nightmare if you don't do it real quick.

One of these years I'll finally get on the ball and do this.

wiebrod
01-27-2010, 10:30 AM
One of these years I'll finally get on the ball and do this.

The guy at the hotel told me that when they find out official dates, they almost double the room rate also. I think my buddy has two rooms booked also, and he found out that he may need one, so if you can't find one keep me in my mind as I may be able to get a room in you need one.

davex3
01-27-2010, 11:31 AM
I'll be there, but this GA stuff. Do you think they will just have PIT in front of the 100's seats. That larger sectioned area?

wiebrod
01-27-2010, 11:53 AM
I'll be there, but this GA stuff. Do you think they will just have PIT in front of the 100's seats. That larger sectioned area?

That's the big question. If the pit is all of the 100's (101, 102, 103) I'm not sure if I'll try to get the pit. That's a huge pit and could be easy to get pushed off to the side.

If it's just 102, then I'd pick it in a heartbeat.

What are the rest of you guys thinking?

JWood
01-27-2010, 12:49 PM
i'm just going to do regular pavilion, i believe.

Emily
01-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Could they really remove all seats from the 100s? I feel like that's really unlikely. If it's 102 only, I'll still stick with the 200s, since I really don't want to deal with GA and I also don't want to cut off my tailgating time just so I can get in early and start throwing elbows at 6PM.

wiebrod
01-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Could they really remove all seats from the 100s? I feel like that's really unlikely. If it's 102 only, I'll still stick with the 200s, since I really don't want to deal with GA and I also don't want to cut off my tailgating time just so I can get in early and start throwing elbows at 6PM.

I agree, we all know that the tailgating is what makes Alpine teh way it is. I don't want to give that up just to be in the pit, I would rather be up higher in the reserved section and tailgate as opposed to being in earlier just to be in the pit.

I would think that if the pit is 102 only that would mean the pit is smaller, and right in front of the stage with no bad side view. Therefore, I wouldn't care to be in there earlier because if I show up later I'll still have good seats. However, if the pit is extended to 101 and 103 then you most definately have to be there early otherwise you'll be in a place where you can only see half the stage.

Is my thinking flawed at all? I'm just trying to get this figured if I want to take a chance at pit. I really don't care, I just want to have tickets, preferrably in the pavillion.

CRUSHsoccer15
01-27-2010, 04:30 PM
If just 102 is GA, I would want GA, because it's a good seat, no matter when you arrive. I'd happily watch the show from the back of "102".

If the entire 100s are GA, I'm not bothering since there will be lots of bad spots in that pit, so you'd have to get there early and you'd have to deal with shitty people not wanting to be on the sides.

Yeedog
01-27-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll at Alpine again this year.

wiebrod
01-27-2010, 05:57 PM
If just 102 is GA, I would want GA, because it's a good seat, no matter when you arrive. I'd happily watch the show from the back of "102".

If the entire 100s are GA, I'm not bothering since there will be lots of bad spots in that pit, so you'd have to get there early and you'd have to deal with shitty people not wanting to be on the sides.
This is exactly how I feel. Glad I had the thought right, just wish I knew what the GA is at Alpine.

Not sure if this is how it's going to be, but here is a link to stubhub for DMB @ Alpine and it has the GA Pit.

http://www.stubhub.com/dave-matthews-band-tickets/dave-matthews-band-east-troy-alpine-valley-music-theatre-7-3-2010-931476/?isGen2Event=1

fan42days
01-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Already booked the Resort and made my plane res'. Add me to the list. This will be my second Alpine adventure!

Who else is at the Resort?

JWood
01-27-2010, 08:16 PM

but you won't have to throw elbows, according to some people on here :rolleyes

kelseyyy
01-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Anyone else at Bong campground? I've never been there before, is it nice?

CRUSHsoccer15
01-28-2010, 12:59 AM
This is exactly how I feel. Glad I had the thought right, just wish I knew what the GA is at Alpine.

Not sure if this is how it's going to be, but here is a link to stubhub for DMB @ Alpine and it has the GA Pit.

http://www.stubhub.com/dave-matthews-band-tickets/dave-matthews-band-east-troy-alpine-valley-music-theatre-7-3-2010-931476/?isGen2Event=1

Hmmm. They need to add this year's maps to the Ticketmaster page of the WH page before the end of the request period.

I'm sure they will.

dmb6743
01-28-2010, 07:53 AM
I'd really like to do this again this year (last year was my first), but I'm gonna be flying home the next weekend for the show at PNC. It's gonna be a buttload of money, but...it's Alpine.

wiebrod
01-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Anyone else hating the lack of information about the pits right now, especially before the requesting period starts? I'm just wishing we had a better idea of what the GA pit is, but I'm thinking more and more of just requesting reserved only.

Smokey the Bear
01-28-2010, 03:18 PM
I'll probably do Lawn n1 and GA Pit or Reserved N2.

I've really enjoyed bringing a bunch of friends to the lawn for a show each year. We stand on the left side of the center lawn, right next to the railing. Great view, easy to get up close, and really easy to get back and forth from the bathrooms

zmanzbo
01-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Anyone else hating the lack of information about the pits right now, especially before the requesting period starts? I'm just wishing we had a better idea of what the GA pit is, but I'm thinking more and more of just requesting reserved only.

:hi

wiebrod
01-28-2010, 03:38 PM
:hi

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm going back and forth on this GA Pit crap, I had it all figured out before to do reserved only in the past.

Indy
01-28-2010, 05:12 PM
In.... of course.... best shows.

zmanzbo
01-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Awesome warehouse has the normal seating chart without showing the GA pit.

wiebrod
01-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Awesome warehouse has the normal seating chart without showing the GA pit.I know, doesn't really help you feel like you are making an informed decision if you look at that.

Mike VDH
01-29-2010, 12:51 PM
I think this is meant for those of us going to the shows, although there's no mention of Alpine in this :lol

ABBEY RESORT FONTANA, WI SPECIAL WAREHOUSE OFFER

Warehouse members who are confirmed for tickets will have the opportunity to book hotel accommodations at The Abbey Resort in Fontana, WI at special Warehouse-only rates. Confirmed members will be sent a detailed email with special instructions and room rates which MUST be provided to the hotel when making reservations.

* based on double occupancy
* Check In time is after 4:00 pm / Check Out time is 12:00 pm
* Rates do not include resort fees, extra persons or incidental charges.

Special Warehouse rates may be available for days previous to and after the dates of the show.

dandtrock
01-30-2010, 04:43 PM
when requesting and looking for either pit or reserved pav, is it best to go for pit? there is some language in there that seems to allude to being eligible for reserved if you request pit as long as it's the same price. thoughts?

wiebrod
01-30-2010, 04:55 PM
when requesting and looking for either pit or reserved pav, is it best to go for pit? there is some language in there that seems to allude to being eligible for reserved if you request pit as long as it's the same price. thoughts?

If you put in for pit and don't get it, you will be entered in the selection for reserved. If you would like to get pit first and reserved next, then just put in for pit. Does this help?

dandtrock
01-30-2010, 05:01 PM
If you put in for pit and don't get it, you will be entered in the selection for reserved. If you would like to get pit first and reserved next, then just put in for pit. Does this help?

that is perfect.. thanks!

wiebrod
01-30-2010, 05:08 PM
that is perfect.. thanks!No problem, no way I couldn't a guy who likes Caddyshack.

dandtrock
01-30-2010, 05:12 PM
No problem, no way I couldn't a guy who likes Caddyshack.

word. Phil gonna have a good year? i see golf on more and more and i'm lovin it!

i'm pretty much on could 9 this week because i'm flying out to Orange County with some friends for an extended weekend golf outing next weekend. it will be a welcomed change from the brutality of winter this year. just hope my game isn't too brutal... haven't swung a club in a couple months.

wiebrod
01-30-2010, 06:04 PM
word. Phil gonna have a good year? i see golf on more and more and i'm lovin it!

i'm pretty much on could 9 this week because i'm flying out to Orange County with some friends for an extended weekend golf outing next weekend. it will be a welcomed change from the brutality of winter this year. just hope my game isn't too brutal... haven't swung a club in a couple months.

I'm hoping Phil has a great year and I don't see any reason he won't. I'm just wanting him to finally get that US Open victory.

I would be on cloud nine also. I hear you about this winter. It just doesn't stop with the snow, ice, and cold. Don't worry about the game, you're playing while the rest of us are wishing to be you next week.

simbro
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
well, it seems like we might be there this year again. we are going to switch our weekend away from memorial day to th 4th, if my parents are willing to take the kids that weekend. looking forward to making the trip again for the 10th time

deedisdone81
02-01-2010, 02:53 AM
I need to request 3 seats together for both nights, but the warehouse limit is 2, dammit!

1t. Dan
02-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Anyone else at Bong campground? I've never been there before, is it nice?

Just reserved my spot there, sunrise 104 I believe.. camped there the past 2 years. very nice.

1t. Dan
02-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Sorry if I am out of the loop on this one... but if I request GA Pit.. and don't get those, is the request automatically trashed or is it also considered for seats? I sure as hell don't want lawn at all... but I don't want to get nothing out of this shit.

dandtrock
02-01-2010, 09:57 PM
i am under the impression (and it does seem to be consistent with verbiage in the terms you accept before requesting) that if you go for pit and don't get selected you will automatically be in the pool for reserved seats, but NOT the lawn. it seems to me, especially since we do not know how big GA is yet, that going for pit is a no-brainer considering this.

NiCK Crush
02-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Requests are in. :banana

kramer73
02-02-2010, 02:39 PM

I wonder if everyone else will feel the same way...

wiebrod
02-02-2010, 02:44 PM
I wonder if everyone else will feel the same way...

What's been amazing to me with all of this GA pit stuff is that most people think that they are going to be relatively easy to get. It'll be interesting to see how the reaction is when confirmation come out and then when shows start.

spoke.
02-02-2010, 05:13 PM
The Warehouse obviously knows or will know very soon what the Pit setup will be like. They can only "confirm" a specific number of Pit tickets so they will have to know what the Pit setup is going to be like. Only 102? All of the 101, 102 and 103? Only a few rows out of 101, 102, and 103?

I'm sure we won't know till after confirmations though..

dcash1125
02-02-2010, 05:26 PM
I think I'm just going to request Reserved, but I'm there regardless

CRUSHsoccer15
02-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Has anyone called the WH for clarification? Or the venue?

wiebrod
02-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Has anyone called the WH for clarification? Or the venue?

Not that I know of.

dandtrock
02-02-2010, 06:12 PM
given the info we have so far, i think that from the standpoint of being confirmed for tickets your best bet is to go for pit. could you get screwed and have a bad experience with pit? possibly. but it's also possible you could still get reserved.

the reality of the situation is that you KNOW you will be screwed over by Ticketmaster/LiveNation. for people who want to go but do not want lawn this seems like the best shot to maximize your chance of getting reasonably priced tickets in the pav. i mean at least with a pit ticket you may have the opportunity to trade with someone around here or elsewhere for reserved or whatever. especially if the pit experience is deemed "ok" once the tour gets underway.

my two cents.

NiCK Crush
02-02-2010, 06:13 PM
As long as pit and reserved are the same price, then you'll be considered for reserved if declined for the pit.

wiebrod
02-02-2010, 06:17 PM
As long as pit and reserved are the same price, then you'll be considered for reserved if declined for the pit.

Yeah, my only question in not wanting to try pit is that the pit in Alpine could be 101, 102, 103 and if you have pit tickets and want to tailgate for a while you could have a obstructed view. That's why I wish we knew how big the pit was, but I guess if you got pit and found out it was really big you could probably trade pit tickets easier then trading those far side seats when they were reserved.

Either way if I would get tickets I'll be excited. I've never been in a GA Pit so I'm somewhat interested in this whole process.

NiCK Crush
02-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah, my only question in not wanting to try pit is that the pit in Alpine could be 101, 102, 103 and if you have pit tickets and want to tailgate for a while you could have a obstructed view. That's why I wish we knew how big the pit was, but I guess if you got pit and found out it was really big you could probably trade pit tickets easier then trading those far side seats when they were reserved.

Oh I see what you're saying. This is my first time going to Alpine, so I'm not too familiar with the layout.

wiebrod
02-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Oh I see what you're saying. This is my first time going to Alpine, so I'm not too familiar with the layout.

It's interesting, in the past if you got a seat in 101, or 103 and it was in the first couple rows, and furtherest from the stage you couldn't see either Boyd or now Jeff & Rashawn depending on what side you are on.

Like I said, I'm just hoping to get confirmed. If I get pit ga (which I don't think I will) then I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

CRUSHsoccer15
02-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Ya, looking for seating chart explanation.

Being on the far side in 101/103 is the worst seat I've ever experience in any venue. You can legitimately only see Dave.

spoke.
02-02-2010, 07:22 PM
These are emails the Warehouse sent in regards to the location of the Pit at Alpine.

We cannot - you may want to check the seating chart for Alpine Valley.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Warehouse Crew

The GA Orchestra Pit at Alpine Valley will likely be the section in front of the 100 sections unless the 100 section seats are removable in which case it would most likely be the middle section. You may want to check with the venue box office to confirm.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Warehouse Crew

So yea the Warehouse is allowing people to request pit and will assign Pit tickets to a location that is undetermined at this point. They are also just passing it down to the venue box office..

JWood
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Requests are in. :banana

what did you request?

NiCK Crush
02-02-2010, 10:03 PM
what did you request?

GA Pit

If I get it, then whatever, if not I'll be more than satisfied with reserved.

JWood
02-02-2010, 10:12 PM
so do we know for sure that if you get declined for GA Pit you get put into the running for Reserved?

NiCK Crush
02-02-2010, 10:15 PM
so do we know for sure that if you get declined for GA Pit you get put into the running for Reserved?

If they are the same price, then yes. Which they are. At least that's exactly what it says in the guidelines.

NiCK Crush
02-02-2010, 10:18 PM
AMPHITHEATRES: In general, for concerts held in amphitheatre venues with a multiple price level offering in the Pavilion, members who choose tickets for a specific price level may be confirmed for any of the ticket levels offered at that price. For example, if a member selects GA Pit Standing, they may be confirmed for the GA Pit Standing or the next level/s of Pavilion Reserved Seating at the same price (if offered) based on availability. However, if there are no remaining tickets available at the same price, these members will be eliminated from the confirmation process and will not be assigned to a lower price level such as Rear Pavilion or GA Lawn.

spoke.
02-02-2010, 10:23 PM
yes

CRUSHsoccer15
02-03-2010, 12:32 AM
These are emails the Warehouse sent in regards to the location of the Pit at Alpine.

So yea the Warehouse is allowing people to request pit and will assign Pit tickets to a location that is undetermined at this point. They are also just passing it down to the venue box office..
This is just ridiculous. I try not to do the easy thing and bitch about the WH, but what an absurd way to run your business. It's terrible.

Emily
02-03-2010, 10:53 AM
:n00b

I hate not knowing where the pit will be. If it's 102, I guess I wouldn't mind being stuck at the back of 102 GA. But if it includes 101 and 103, there is no way I'm getting stuck over there for an entire show in GA. I dislike it enough with seats, it will only be worse when everyone is shoulder to shoulder. :oar

wiebrod
02-03-2010, 11:21 AM
:n00b

I hate not knowing where the pit will be. If it's 102, I guess I wouldn't mind being stuck at the back of 102 GA. But if it includes 101 and 103, there is no way I'm getting stuck over there for an entire show in GA. I dislike it enough with seats, it will only be worse when everyone is shoulder to shoulder. :oar

My feelings exactly, it would be so nice to know if it's just 102.

spoke.
02-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Someone call the box office/live nation! :lol

Oh yea I think a friend of mine called Alpine last week and the automated machine said closed for the 2009 concert season. :lol

Mike VDH
02-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Someone call the box office/live nation! :lol

Oh yea I think a friend of mine called Alpine last week and the automated machine said closed for the 2009 concert season. :lol

I called the box office this morning...same voice message. I e-mailed them at the alpinestaff e-mail addy. Will post response, whenever that comes.

zmanzbo
02-03-2010, 07:50 PM
I emailed the Warehouse and here is the response I got:

It will be an area in front of the reserved pavilion seating, closest to the stage. We cannot relay how many people will be confirmed for that area.

I sent them back a reply to see if it was the whole 100 section or what the deal is.

NiCK Crush
02-03-2010, 10:20 PM
typical vague response.

zmanzbo
02-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Yup, pretty much a waste of time since I asked about what specific sections the first time.

spoke.
02-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Someone I know got in contact and was told the pit would be all of 101, 102 and 103. This blows.

Emily
02-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Someone I know got in contact and was told the pit would be all of 101, 102 and 103. This blows.
Oh good god. :boohoo

JWood
02-04-2010, 01:28 PM
exactly what i thought it was going to be, hello 202

zmanzbo
02-04-2010, 01:36 PM
That sucks.

wiebrod
02-04-2010, 01:57 PM
That sucks.

Looks like I'm going to change my request to just be reserved. How many of you are just planning on doing reserved?

Emily
02-04-2010, 02:35 PM
exactly what i thought it was going to be, hello 202
Brag brag brag.

JWood
02-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Brag brag brag.

hate to be right on this one, but it makes sense at a place that has such a huge lawn for there to be a large GA Pit. especially since this is how they do it for other acts there as well.

spoke.
02-04-2010, 03:57 PM
I could deal with a GA Pit at most venues but not Alpine. You get in there a hour before showtime you will be stuck in the corners of 101 and 103. That's gonna be horrible.

zmanzbo
02-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Haha, warehouse is awesome:

Sorry, no, we cannot specify where the GA Pit will be at Alpine other than an area in front of the reserved permanent seating closest to the stage.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Warehouse Crew
the Warehouse, the Official Dave Matthews Band Fan Association
434-984-6850 11:00 am - 6 pm ET, M-F

spoke.
02-04-2010, 04:49 PM
wow :lol

paratroopin
02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I think this is meant for those of us going to the shows, although there's no mention of Alpine in this :lol

ABBEY RESORT FONTANA, WI SPECIAL WAREHOUSE OFFER

Warehouse members who are confirmed for tickets will have the opportunity to book hotel accommodations at The Abbey Resort in Fontana, WI at special Warehouse-only rates. Confirmed members will be sent a detailed email with special instructions and room rates which MUST be provided to the hotel when making reservations.

* based on double occupancy
* Check In time is after 4:00 pm / Check Out time is 12:00 pm
* Rates do not include resort fees, extra persons or incidental charges.

Special Warehouse rates may be available for days previous to and after the dates of the show.

DMB stayed at this hotel back in 1999.

CRUSHsoccer15
02-04-2010, 05:55 PM
I could deal with a GA Pit at most venues but not Alpine. You get in there a hour before showtime you will be stuck in the corners of 101 and 103. That's gonna be horrible.
QFT

malachite00
02-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Haha, warehouse is awesome:

Sorry, no, we cannot specify where the GA Pit will be at Alpine other than an area in front of the reserved permanent seating closest to the stage.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Warehouse Crew
the Warehouse, the Official Dave Matthews Band Fan Association
434-984-6850 11:00 am - 6 pm ET, M-F

So you have to put in a ticket request 5 months in advance, and you don't even know what you're buying. Nice.

spoke.
02-04-2010, 07:24 PM
So you have to put in a ticket request 5 months in advance, and you don't even know what you're buying. Nice.
exactly.

SomeDevil17
02-04-2010, 09:12 PM
do you guys think the shows will sell out this year cause it is over 4th of july or can i wait on buying tickets?

wiebrod
02-04-2010, 09:20 PM
do you guys think the shows will sell out this year cause it is over 4th of july or can i wait on buying tickets?
The reserved sections will be gone for sure, and although I'm not sure of the lawn, I think it's usually sold out the first night but often not the second night.

If you don't care to get lawn you can usually get those on the boards anytime. Reserved is a tougher deal although the closer to the show they often pop up on the boards also.

CRUSHsoccer15
02-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Saturday will sell out. Sunday reserved will sell out.

I'm pretty sure the July 4th will come out in the wash. The same amount of people who can't come bc it's the 4th will be pretty close to the amount of people who will make the trip bc it's the 4th.

SomeDevil17
02-05-2010, 03:58 AM
Alright thanks guys, I will just buy saturday for now.

SomeDevil17
02-05-2010, 09:33 AM
although i am buying lawn, i dont know if that matters.

Mitza24
02-05-2010, 08:30 PM
If pit is like Rage Against Marchine at alpine a few years back...it is a small section in front of the stage. I'm not sure where you guys are getting that it's going to be the entire 101, 102, and 103 sections....that's ridiculous.

malachite00
02-05-2010, 08:49 PM
If pit is like Rage Against Marchine at alpine a few years back...it is a small section in front of the stage. I'm not sure where you guys are getting that it's going to be the entire 101, 102, and 103 sections....that's ridiculous.

This really seems more likely - if it was all of 101, 102, 103, they would need to remove a LOT of chairs. And the front is so steep that I would think it would be dangerous to not have the chairs.

spoke.
02-05-2010, 09:11 PM
many people have been in contact and have heard it was all of 101, 102 and 103. i would love for it to only be a few rows but I guess we won't know for awhile...

julio1867
02-06-2010, 02:15 AM
In my opinion the second night is always better. Fewer meatheads and morons.

Mike VDH
02-06-2010, 10:05 AM
I got a hold of the Alpine staff and they said it will be all of 101, 102 and 103. They said about 1250 pit tickets will be sold. I'll post the e-mail when I am not on my phone.

Smokey the Bear
02-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I got a hold of the Alpine staff and they said it will be all of 101, 102 and 103. They said about 1250 pit tickets will be sold. I'll post the e-mail when I am not on my phone.

Anyone know how many seats are usually in the 100s?

spoke.
02-06-2010, 12:55 PM
so lame

Smokey the Bear
02-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Looks like there's just under 1,000 seats in the 100s. So the Pit crowd should fill up the entire area

spoke.
02-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Looks like there's just under 1,000 seats in the 100s. So the Pit crowd should fill up the entire area
but you know that nobody is going to settle with standing in those 101 and 103 angles.

Mitza24
02-06-2010, 03:39 PM
many people have been in contact and have heard it was all of 101, 102 and 103. i would love for it to only be a few rows but I guess we won't know for awhile...

well people are speculating and full of shit.

Mitza24
02-06-2010, 03:41 PM

I don't believe this....guess we'll find out soon enough.

spoke.
02-06-2010, 06:19 PM
I don't believe this....guess we'll find out soon enough.
I really don't want to believe it.

Indy
02-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Now if you get put into the GA Pit and get denied, do you make it into the Reserved drawing BEHIND everyone in the warehouse who requested Reserved? As in you only get seats in reserved seats if there are leftovers after the reserved drawing, or is it a tier system where they take everyone who got denied from GA Pit and put them on an even level for the Reserve drawing?

Mike VDH
02-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Here's the e-mail I got...

Hi Michael:

The pit section will replace sections 101, 102, and 103 in front of the stage and approximately 1250 tickets will be sold for each show.

Regards,

AVMT

Alpine Valley Music Theatre | www.livenation.com | 262.642.4400

I don't know how you cannot believe that, unfortunately.

CRUSHsoccer15
02-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks.

Mitza24
02-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Here's the e-mail I got...

I don't know how you cannot believe that, unfortunately.

I am surprised by this...I have no interest in GA seats anymore anyway, I have seen them close enough at shows in the past. Give me the last row in reserved over GA pit and I have no problem with it.

NiCK Crush
02-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Damn... that's a big GA section.

spoke.
02-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Now if you get put into the GA Pit and get denied, do you make it into the Reserved drawing BEHIND everyone in the warehouse who requested Reserved? As in you only get seats in reserved seats if there are leftovers after the reserved drawing, or is it a tier system where they take everyone who got denied from GA Pit and put them on an even level for the Reserve drawing?
I don't think you will get put behind the people who only requested reserved.

simbro
02-08-2010, 08:27 AM
put in my requests for lawn like always. got my parents to take the kids for the weekend. we are all set to go

JWood
02-08-2010, 12:39 PM
requests are in :banana

Emily
02-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Bah, I have to do that. I don't want them to take my monies so early. :boohoo

NiCK Crush
02-08-2010, 09:11 PM

Well ya have a bonus 24 hours to do so now due to weather :lol

swimdmb27
02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
I am thinking about possibly making the trek up there for the weekend from Atlanta...would Milwaukee be the best airport to fly into and then drive from there? What about hotels...I looked at hotels around the venue and they are wicked expensive. Should I just stay in Milwaukee? Thanks.

dcash1125
02-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Milwaukee or Chicago. I'm not sure about Hotels. I know a lot of people camp. I always stay in Lake Geneva which is very close at a family friends house.

JWood
02-08-2010, 09:21 PM

make Mike VDH pay for it

CRUSHsoccer15
02-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Requested reserved. Fingers crossed.

wiebrod
02-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Requested reserved. Fingers crossed.I hear you, I requested just reserved, just don't want to have to worry and take a chance with the pit.

Good luck everyone.

1t. Dan
02-09-2010, 11:06 AM
We took a chance with GA pit. I'm fine with doing 1 night up there if I get confirmed.

JWood
02-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Requested reserved. Fingers crossed.

same here.

Emily
02-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Decided to request 1 night pit, 1 night pavilion. We'll see how that one goes. :dunno

I'm almost hoping I get declined so I can pay for these tickets closer to the show. :boohoo

NiCK Crush
02-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Decided to request 1 night pit, 1 night pavilion. We'll see how that one goes. :dunno

I considered doing that... but just did pit for both. Hope I don't regret it.

simbro
02-10-2010, 08:25 AM
now all i need to do is book a place to stay.

NiCK Crush
02-10-2010, 09:29 AM
now all i need to do is book a place to stay.

Me too.

Any suggestions?

Indy
02-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Me too.

Any suggestions?

I find the easiest/cheapest is to book a hotel in the Milwaukee area easily accessible from the interstate. 30 min trek or so. If you want to camp, that's a different story.

Emily
02-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Me too.

Any suggestions?
Brookfield Sheraton. :upyours :upyours

simbro
02-10-2010, 12:58 PM
we always stay in Brookfield. we normally stay at the Ressidence Inn, but this year might switch it up to something cheaper. i was looking at that Sheraton.

spoke.
02-10-2010, 02:49 PM
we always stay in Brookfield. we normally stay at the Ressidence Inn, but this year might switch it up to something cheaper. i was looking at that Sheraton.
Pricelined the Brookfield Sheraton for $45/night last week.

spoke.
02-10-2010, 02:50 PM
double

NiCK Crush
02-10-2010, 02:56 PM

Wow, that's very doable :upyours

Emily
02-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Holy shit, that's awesome. I should do that now.

simbro
02-10-2010, 04:03 PM
crap. i should try that tonight also. that would be awesome.

spoke.
02-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Holy shit, that's awesome. I should do that now.
Yea it was $111 total with taxes for Saturday and Sunday night.

I was declined when I first offered like $33/night. :lol

CRUSHsoccer15
02-19-2010, 12:55 AM
Pending charges. Requested both nights reserved.

wiebrod
02-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Got full charges this morning both night reserved, now the waiting begins for seat assignments, but I'm happy that I don't have to sweat it out next week Friday now. Hopefully the rest of you get good news also
:hump

dandtrock
02-19-2010, 08:54 AM
full charges here too, but i went GA/Reserved. hoping reserved. actually i'm hoping the charges simply remain. i don't see how anything can be considered final since it's a CC. charges can be removed at any time i believe.

but so far so good... here's to no TM/LN BS!

zmanzbo
02-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Full charges for both nights reserved here :upyours

Ebs
02-19-2010, 02:43 PM
actual charges for both nights and reserved

wiebrod
02-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Good to hear so far that people are having a good amount of success with their requests.

dandtrock
02-19-2010, 05:13 PM
for those who are still on the lookout for tix, note there is a AmEx presale on Monday. i don't know if there is a password required or anything... but presales can be kick ass! i scored pit at Radiohead Hollywood Bowl on a radio station pre-sale for the In Rainbows tour :upyours

NiCK Crush
02-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Actual charges on my card. :banana

dandtrock
02-20-2010, 12:47 AM
perusing the various DMB boards i'm a little suspicious of these happenings... it seems f'in everyone is being charged for their requests. either this is a big ass false alarm or i picked one hell of a year to finally join the WH for ticketing opportunities. all i recall in previous years was the typical "F&#$ THE WAREHOUSE" threads after confirmations...

Mitza24
02-20-2010, 08:10 AM
charges showed up Wednesday...didn't notice till now. Perhaps because it is on a holiday weekend, there are less requests this year.

dandtrock
02-21-2010, 12:16 PM
my comment was more in general for all venues. but yeah, probably the GA Pit section has freed up a lot of tickets for the fan club. charges still remain :upyours

zmanzbo
02-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Did anyone try to get tickets through the Am Ex presale? Didn't even realize started until now and all reserved are gone.

dandtrock
02-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Did anyone try to get tickets through the Am Ex presale? Didn't even realize started until now and all reserved are gone.

it was pretty much a joke from what i could tell. an immediate 15 minute wait for me so i bailed and went for Xcel :thumbsup

kramer73
02-24-2010, 09:42 AM
nevermind.

Checked my charges and they're $70 short, so that doesn't seem to mean I have lawn for one night.

Guess I'll have to be patient!

NiCK Crush
02-25-2010, 07:29 PM
requested GA Pit for both nights and was confirmed for Reserved Pavilion. Very pleased. Would have been happy either way. Can't wait for this.

dandtrock
02-25-2010, 09:56 PM
requested GA Pit for both nights and was confirmed for Reserved Pavilion. Very pleased. Would have been happy either way. Can't wait for this.

ditto. request GA, but was hoping for reserved pav. GOT IT both nights! Cheers Nick!

NiCK Crush
02-25-2010, 10:16 PM
:upyours

Mike VDH
02-26-2010, 11:20 AM
So there is only lawn on TM for Alpine right now (looking for a friend). But they don't even have a GA option...maybe it'll just be WH'ers down there?

Coster
02-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Is anyone going to the Cubs-Reds game the Friday before or the Angels-White Sox game the Monday after?

wiebrod
02-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Well the long wait now begins for seating assignments, but it seems like it's just hard to come about reserved this year. I'm trying to help my sister-in-law find reserved tickets for both nights, so if anyone comes about any they are wanting to sell let me know. Good luck to everyone with seat assignments.

Mike VDH
03-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Is anyone going to the Cubs-Reds game the Friday before or the Angels-White Sox game the Monday after?

I would want to go to the Cubs/Reds game...that'd be a great way to kick off the weekend.

CRUSHsoccer15
03-01-2010, 04:56 PM
We're planning on hitting the Cubs Friday game. First time in a few years they've been in town on the Friday before Alpine.

Coster
03-04-2010, 05:30 PM
We're planning on hitting the Cubs Friday game. First time in a few years they've been in town on the Friday before Alpine.

They were in town two years ago on that Friday. Cubs vs Cards. Jim Edmonds hit two homers for the Cubbies. That was my first Cubs game. Sat in the bleachers. Tons of fun. I'd never seen so much spilt beer in my life. I got all excited when they played Tripping Billies during one of the breaks.

Smokey the Bear
03-08-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm going to check out The Hold Steady at Summerfest (Milwaukee) on Thursday, then probably take it easy on Friday before the weekend

shadowraven
03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
i'll be there, and so will August & After

spoke.
03-08-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm going to check out The Hold Steady at Summerfest (Milwaukee) on Thursday, then probably take it easy on Friday before the weekend
so pumped the hold steady are playing summerfest that thursday.

shadowraven
03-28-2010, 07:38 PM
any word on when seat locations will be posted? Have two pair I need to sell.

wiebrod
03-29-2010, 11:13 AM

Not sure, but if you are looking for someone to possibly sell those tickets to let me know as I'm interested.

Hopefully the seat locations come out within a month, but I'm not expecting it.

shadowraven
03-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Not sure, but if you are looking for someone to possibly sell those tickets to let me know as I'm interested.

Hopefully the seat locations come out within a month, but I'm not expecting it.

will keep you updated. My wife and I both got confirmed for both nights, and as of now we don't have anyone else who can go.

wiebrod
03-29-2010, 12:51 PM
will keep you updated. My wife and I both got confirmed for both nights, and as of now we don't have anyone else who can go.
Thanks for keeping me in mind. Good luck with your ticket locations. I know everyone is anxious to know.

1t. Dan
03-31-2010, 10:34 PM

.. if something happens and the first guys offer falls through please keep me in mind... i've been disparately searching for tickets.

CRUSHsoccer15
04-01-2010, 11:00 AM
got rooftop seats at the friday cubs game. all you can eat/drink. very pumped.

CRUSHsoccer15
04-01-2010, 12:04 PM
i'm also on the hunt for any extras if any of you have some

Emily
04-01-2010, 01:32 PM
.. if something happens and the first guys offer falls through please keep me in mind... i've been disparately searching for tickets.
You honestly don't think a ton of tickets are going to pop up closer to show time? C'mon now.

Crumbo
04-01-2010, 03:34 PM
You honestly don't think a ton of tickets are going to pop up closer to show time? C'mon now.

http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showpost.php?p=6634909&postcount=7

Emily
04-01-2010, 03:39 PM
I fail to see how that is related to my post that you quoted...:sly

1t. Dan
04-01-2010, 04:05 PM

I'm sure there will, but I'm just trying every chance I get.

roshea999
04-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Mike, how do you not have me on the list of TDCers attending? 8 years in a row now, boss.

simbro
04-02-2010, 07:13 AM
still need to pick a place to stay around there. i guess we should get that figured out sooner rather than later

Emily
04-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Mike, how do you not have me on the list of TDCers attending? 8 years in a row now, boss.
:lol Awww.

roshea999
04-02-2010, 02:03 PM
:lol Awww.

shouldn't we be looking at hotels soon :/

Coster
04-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Got section 203 for night 1 and section 202 for night 2.

NiCK Crush
04-04-2010, 11:31 AM
shitty seats :\

wiebrod
04-04-2010, 04:17 PM
shitty seats :\The more seniority I get, the worse my seats have gotten.

john3731
04-04-2010, 10:08 PM
so the whole 100 level is GA?

simbro
04-05-2010, 07:25 AM
shouldn't we be looking at hotels soon :/

if you have a larger group going, then i would look into the brookfield suites. we have 5 people going and got a room there for $139 a night and the room has a seperate bedroom with 2 double beds and a pull out queen sized couch in the other room.

http://www.brookfieldsuiteshotel.com/

spoke.
04-05-2010, 10:56 AM
so the whole 100 level is GA?
it's looking that way.

roshea999
04-05-2010, 11:36 PM
if you have a larger group going, then i would look into the brookfield suites. we have 5 people going and got a room there for $139 a night and the room has a seperate bedroom with 2 double beds and a pull out queen sized couch in the other room.

http://www.brookfieldsuiteshotel.com/

Yeah, Mike Emily and I stay there just about every year. Favorite hotel for Alpine

simbro
04-06-2010, 07:18 AM
we normally stayed at the residance inn across the street, but this is over $100 cheaper for pretty much the same room. i think we found our new hotel for alpine.

Emily
04-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeah, Mike Emily and I stay there just about every year. Favorite hotel for Alpine
We say it every year, but we really should get on this soon this time.

shadowraven
04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
N1 - GA Pit
N2 - 202 RR

selling N1 - 201 PP and N2 - 201 BB

CRUSHsoccer15
04-13-2010, 11:22 AM
We just booked the Brookfield Suites. There are 6 of us, we may have to sneak our extra bodies in a back door :lol

shadowraven
04-13-2010, 07:53 PM
FYI, tickets are taken by Crush :-)

greppson
04-15-2010, 07:41 AM
if anyone can help some tapers find an upgrade for n1 and n2 to tape from, we'd appreciate the help!

http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=203380

NiCK Crush
04-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Daaaamnit I still need a hotel.

simbro
04-22-2010, 07:14 AM
the place we are staying at is reasonable for the area. with it being a holiday weekend, i dont know what else is available. how many are in your group?

wiebrod
04-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Daaaamnit I still need a hotel.I may be able to find you one. Our group has 4 total but we are possibly going to only need three for the weekend. I can't promise anything, but I'll keep you in mind. The hotel is in Delavan so it's real close.

Coster
04-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Daaaamnit I still need a hotel.

Yeah me too.

Emily
04-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Yep, as do we. Always put it off till the last second.

shadowraven
04-26-2010, 07:40 PM
i benefit from the in-laws living 30 miles away :D

wiebrod
04-27-2010, 07:58 AM
i benefit from the in-laws living 30 miles away :DThat is huge!

Ccronks
05-10-2010, 10:35 PM
So yea, I'll be there of course. Staying at the Countryview Campground in Mukwonago.

shadowraven
05-14-2010, 02:21 PM
hey Connor, see you there :D

last Alpine ever? :(

wiebrod
05-14-2010, 02:22 PM
hey Connor, see you there :D

last Alpine ever? :(

I hope not, it'll be weird not making the annaul trip up there next summer.

NiCK Crush
05-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Epic meetup?

shadowraven
05-14-2010, 03:35 PM
well, I need to meet Nick Crush finally.

NiCK Crush
05-14-2010, 03:37 PM
:rawk

if not we can just meet up in 2011. oh wait...

wiebrod
05-14-2010, 03:41 PM
:rawk

if not we can just meet up in 2011. oh wait...

People are really going to think Alpine is going to close now, half of their shows for 2011 will be cut out since DMB isn't playing.

patsfan39
05-15-2010, 01:56 AM
I will be making my first Trip to Alpine. No better time than now to get my first trip out of the way.

JWood
05-20-2010, 11:54 AM
I will be making my first Trip to Alpine. No better time than now to get my first trip out of the way.
:upyours

NiCK Crush
05-20-2010, 12:09 PM

This will be my first time at Alpine as well. Holler.

Mike VDH
05-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Take a look at this map. Gives you a better idea of the seating situation:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/07004443E96357B9?artistid=746531&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

wiebrod
05-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Take a look at this map. Gives you a better idea of the seating situation:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/07004443E96357B9?artistid=746531&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

That is a huge pit. I'm interested to see how this works out at Alpine.

CRUSHsoccer15
05-21-2010, 10:12 AM
It will be a mess. Especially when the fuckers forced to the side realize they can't see anything.

Emily
05-21-2010, 10:38 AM
It will be a mess. Especially when the fuckers forced to the side realize they can't see anything.
Big mess. :boohoo I'm actually looking forward to my N2 201 SS or wherever the fuck they are just because they're NOT the pit. :lol

Maybe I can find some unsuspecting holder of 202s to trade with me for N1.

CRUSHsoccer15
05-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Anything but Pit was my attitude for Alpine.

Well, not lawn too :)

CRUSHsoccer15
05-21-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm usually fine when the show starts in GA situation, but the hours from when doors open leading up to that are unbearable.

If I had pit, I get in when doors open and run down to get a spot on the back rail in the center.

JWood
05-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Anything but Pit was my attitude for Alpine.

Well, not lawn too :)

:nod

I'm sure Mario will have a grand time in the pit at Alpine, since it's only part of section 102

CRUSHsoccer15
05-22-2010, 05:36 PM
:lol

sean52692
05-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Still gotta buy lawn tickets, but this is going to be a blast

wiebrod
05-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Anyone needing a hotel room still? I'm probably going to have one extra one. It's the Hampton Inn in Elkhorn. I've never transferred over a room or anything like that, but I'm sure someone else has more experience with it then me. However, I'm pretty sure we are going to have an extra room for each night, so if you are needing one and interested let me know.

deedisdone81
05-29-2010, 06:24 PM
The wife and I are thinking of making a return trip to alpine after a 5 year hiatus....hopefully we can find some tickets.

NiCK Crush
05-29-2010, 08:40 PM
I feel like i picked one hell of a year to make my first trip to Alpine! :banana

JWood
05-30-2010, 02:02 PM
these shows are going to be dirty.

hype!!!

shadowraven
05-31-2010, 12:48 PM
shows are going to be the most random ever. love it.

simbro
06-01-2010, 07:21 AM
a little over a month away :upyours

malachite00
06-02-2010, 01:19 AM
I know this is a long shot -- but if anyone has 2 tickets to either night, let me know. I think I'm too old for the Alpine lawn, but anywhere reserved would be awesome. Thanks!

wiebrod
06-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Man, this is actually somewhat sneaking up on me. Didn't realize it's just over about a month away.

malachite00
06-03-2010, 04:23 PM
How is the view from sections 201 and 203? I know 101 and 103 are partially obstructed because of the angle, but I can't remember if the sides up higher are bad. Also, how is the pit going to work? Do they remove all the seats from 101/102/103? Is it sloped?

Koko the Monkey
06-03-2010, 04:57 PM
anybody have some pavilion pairs for both or either night? I decided to fly back home for the shows

wiebrod
06-03-2010, 05:09 PM
How is the view from sections 201 and 203? I know 101 and 103 are partially obstructed because of the angle, but I can't remember if the sides up higher are bad. Also, how is the pit going to work? Do they remove all the seats from 101/102/103? Is it sloped?

Sounds like all of the 100's are the pit and I believe it is flat. The views from 201 and 203 are pretty good in my opinion unless you are completely off to the side. I personally don't think there are many completely terrible seats at Alpine unless you are completely off to the side.

malachite00
06-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Sounds like all of the 100's are the pit and I believe it is flat. The views from 201 and 203 are pretty good in my opinion unless you are completely off to the side. I personally don't think there are many completely terrible seats at Alpine unless you are completely off to the side.

Wow, that's a huge pit. If it's flat, it will be really tough to see at the back. Last year I was in 101, and could barely see the band from there, so I'm sure everyone will crowd into the middle. I guess that explains why pit tickets are fairly reasonably priced on Stubhub (compared to reserved anyway).

wiebrod
06-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Wow, that's a huge pit. If it's flat, it will be really tough to see at the back. Last year I was in 101, and could barely see the band from there, so I'm sure everyone will crowd into the middle. I guess that explains why pit tickets are fairly reasonably priced on Stubhub (compared to reserved anyway).

Yeah, the issue was quite the debate earlier, and I believe there is a seating chart now that shows the pit as all of 100's. It will be interesting to see how it works there.

NiCK Crush
06-03-2010, 10:19 PM
shows are going to be the most random ever. love it.

by the time these shows around, i suspect there will be quite a few gems for DMB to choose from :D

simbro
06-04-2010, 07:17 AM
by the time these shows around, i suspect there will be quite a few gems for DMB to choose from :D

yeah, this is the most excited i have been to see them in awhile.

CRUSHsoccer15
06-05-2010, 12:10 AM
The month long Last Stop Soundcheck tour begins to get it ready for Alpine!

NiCK Crush
06-07-2010, 11:39 AM
That'd be nice.

malachite00
06-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Booked my hotel today, so I can't back out now. Woohoo! :banana

By the way, still looking for 2 to night 2, prefer reserved. Willing to trade my flower sax poster if anyone has any good seats.

roshea999
06-07-2010, 05:46 PM
So pumped for Alpine :hump

Smokey the Bear
06-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Hoping to finally snag a poster this year, how early will I need to get to the merch booth in the parking lot?

spoke.
06-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Hoping to finally snag a poster this year, how early will I need to get to the merch booth in the parking lot?
I was in and parked at the VIP lot last year at like 3-3:30PM and that line was already huge.