Define Dancing
01-26-2010, 02:28 PM
let the SPACing begin!

zaphod!
01-26-2010, 06:04 PM
:rawk

Rowsdower
01-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Been there every year since 2002. The hotel was booked before the dates were officially announced. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Ascf33
01-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Moreau Lake State Park booked.

Been there every year since 2002 as well.

Define Dancing
01-27-2010, 05:21 PM
it's nice staying with friends in Broadalbin for free, the drive back there sucks though.

krayz
01-28-2010, 08:00 AM
2005 for me. Not sure if I can make it this year with summer classes and low budget.

MaLaKaS
01-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Been there every year since 2002. The hotel was booked before the dates were officially announced. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Same here, but 2003 for me. I finally got a hotel room at the Holiday Inn in Saratoga this year. Every other year I had to stay in Schenectady, so I'm pretty happy about being closer this time.

Slowbutspeeding
01-28-2010, 12:04 PM
what are people paying for rooms?

Define Dancing
01-28-2010, 07:22 PM
so if i request GA Pit and get declined, would i still be in the running for pavilion?

krayz
01-28-2010, 10:32 PM
so if i request GA Pit and get declined, would i still be in the running for pavilion?

That's what people have been saying. If you want to make sure though, I would read the new rules and regulations

Ascf33
01-29-2010, 11:17 AM

Yes. You would be in the running for everything in the same price level. Since Pit and Reserved at SPAC are both $75, you would still be in the running.

It's basically the exact same thing as 'Lower Reserved' and 'Upper Reserved' last year.

Rowsdower
01-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Same here, but 2003 for me. I finally got a hotel room at the Holiday Inn in Saratoga this year. Every other year I had to stay in Schenectady, so I'm pretty happy about being closer this time.

Having a hotel room right in town makes a HUGE difference, I find. You have so much more time to explore, hang out, and not spend all day sitting in your car. You'll have a blast.

Define Dancing
01-29-2010, 03:46 PM
word. just put in my request for GA Pit both nights.

and i just picked up Furthur tickets.

macaronihead
01-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Moreau Lake State Park booked.

Been there every year since 2002 as well.

samesies. Loop C&D Sites 60 and 62. had the exact same ones last year and it was perfect.

batleon
02-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Wish I'd booked the hotel before the dates were announced, as it looks like these will once again be my only shows this year. Stayed in Albany last year to save some money, any ideas of a reasonably priced hotel that's a little closer?

macaronihead
02-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Wish I'd booked the hotel before the dates were announced, as it looks like these will once again be my only shows this year. Stayed in Albany last year to save some money, any ideas of a reasonably priced hotel that's a little closer?

stayed at the Saratoga Downtowner in 2008 it was fairly cheap compared to all the other in Saratoga.

MaLaKaS
02-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Having a hotel room right in town makes a HUGE difference, I find. You have so much more time to explore, hang out, and not spend all day sitting in your car. You'll have a blast.

Yea, it's about a half hour drive from Schenectady to Saratoga Springs, which isn't too bad, but will really save me some time this year. It will definitely make things easier this year.

malachite00
02-07-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm thinking of going to SPAC instead of Alpine as my one out of state show. The only part of NY I've ever been to is Manhattan so I don't know the area at all. What city is the best to fly into? And are there good hotels close to the venue?

spoke.
02-07-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm thinking of going to SPAC instead of Alpine as my one out of state show. The only part of NY I've ever been to is Manhattan so I don't know the area at all. What city is the best to fly into? And are there good hotels close to the venue?
Best airport to fly into is probably Albany, which is about 25-30 minutes from Saratoga. Hotels are filling up fast in Saratoga and are expensive. May have better luck with hotels right outside the city.

Define Dancing
02-07-2010, 11:16 PM

you won't regret it if you decide to go to SPAC. regardless of the shows (which will be amazing) the area is just so beautiful, i guarantee you'll have a great time.

malachite00
02-08-2010, 01:06 AM
^^ Thanks for the info, I put in my request. I've always heard upstate NY is beautiful, so I should check it out.

swimdmb27
02-08-2010, 10:09 PM
^^ Thanks for the info, I put in my request. I've always heard upstate NY is beautiful, so I should check it out.
That part of the state is really amazibg, so much different then the rest. Grew up there and I recommend going to the race track if it is open...ton of fun there.

SeekUpAB
02-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Yeah the track doesn't open til July, which is too bad cause it is fun, but the shows will be a good enough time as is. Finally put my requests in last night :upyours.

macaronihead
02-11-2010, 12:48 PM
as someone who has been severely down on DMB over the past few months, I still absolutely can't wait for this weekend. The concerts are only half the fun in SPACtoga!

Mersh
02-20-2010, 04:25 PM
when did all you dbags start taking over Moreau Lake. Been going there since 90s and now there isn't a single site available for this weekend.

Josh.0
02-21-2010, 09:25 AM

As Drews mentioned, the best airport is definitely Albany. It's just a short ride up the highway from there to get to the venue.

I definitely second his advice on getting a hotel ASAP. Last year we booked something really early - I believe right around the time we got the tickets - and our hotel was completely booked within a couple of weeks.

If you can't stay right in Saratoga, there are some decent little hotels in the towns in the surrounding area.

I am so bummed I can't go to these shows. The shows are usually great, but what really makes the trip fun, other than the tailgate, is walking around the premises and taking everything in. Also, Saratoga Springs is a really, really fun town. There's a great park downtown that Dave and I believe Fonz are known to go bike riding through, and the restaurants and bars are fantastic.

I may have to take a weekend trip up to Saratoga this summer just to go cycling. :ponder I would hate to feel like I completely missed out on enjoying the area during the summer.

willndmb
02-21-2010, 03:24 PM
wish i knew what spac show i got declined for today so i could try the presale tomorrow

malachite00
02-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Josh (H78) - since it says you're from Boston, how far of a drive is it to Saratoga Springs from Boston?

spoke.
02-21-2010, 04:57 PM
wish i knew what spac show i got declined for today so i could try the presale tomorrow
it's gotta be night 2

Mersh
02-21-2010, 04:57 PM
I actually got both nights reserved

willndmb
02-21-2010, 05:00 PM
it's gotta be night 2

what makes you say that? the extra number of requests since its a weekend?

i have had mixed results for spac on n1 vs n2

spoke.
02-21-2010, 05:30 PM
what makes you say that? the extra number of requests since its a weekend?

i have had mixed results for spac on n1 vs n2
Were people even declined on night 1 last year? I know SPAC night 2 last year and previous years always had a lot of declines.

SeekUpAB
02-21-2010, 05:39 PM

Is it the SPAC member presale tomorrow?

MaLaKaS
02-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Yea I was confirmed for one night only. Prob N1 if I had to guess.

krayz
02-21-2010, 10:23 PM
If anyone wants to sell their reserved tickets for face, let me know.

Josh.0
02-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Josh (H78) - since it says you're from Boston, how far of a drive is it to Saratoga Springs from Boston?

Not too far. Maybe 3 hours or so.

willndmb
02-22-2010, 09:40 AM
prob 3.5hrs i would say
and the presale is spac members and amx

Josh.0
02-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I think my GPS spits out like 3 hours, 30 minutes, but that's assuming compliance in the 55 and 65 MPH stretches down the Mass Pike. I don't think anyone drives under 80MPH on the Pike :lol

batleon
02-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Takes me 3.5 hours from Boston, but I don't drive breakneck speeds.

willndmb
02-22-2010, 10:09 AM
presale was a waste - lawn only

Josh.0
02-22-2010, 10:42 AM
presale was a waste - lawn only

Did you select, "Best Available?"

If you do that, they'll dump you out there. If you selected an actual section, it was seat or bust.

Josh.0
02-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Takes me 3.5 hours from Boston, but I don't drive breakneck speeds.

You peg the needle on the speed limit while you're on the pike, particularly between 495 and Springfield? Anytime I came within 5MPH of the speed limit during that stretch someone was either riding my bumper or I'd be checking my rearview every four seconds because people were flying up and on several occasions almost taking me out.

Then again, I've made a lot of trips from Boston to Springfield, so maybe my perception is a little skewed from that of someone who just drives on I-90 only once in a while.

willndmb
02-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Did you select, "Best Available?"

If you do that, they'll dump you out there. If you selected an actual section, it was seat or bust.

i pulled lawn on one comp while my bud pulled sold out
i did best he did reserved orch

malachite00
02-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Not too far. Maybe 3 hours or so.

Not bad at all. I told my husband we could visit a friend of his in Boston if he agreed to go to these shows, and I really had no idea how far it was.

dmbfan41
02-22-2010, 01:41 PM
You can only tell you got declined if you chose 'best available' right? because they probably credited your account back some of the $335?

batleon
02-22-2010, 02:04 PM
You peg the needle on the speed limit while you're on the pike, particularly between 495 and Springfield? Anytime I came within 5MPH of the speed limit during that stretch someone was either riding my bumper or I'd be checking my rearview every four seconds because people were flying up and on several occasions almost taking me out.

Then again, I've made a lot of trips from Boston to Springfield, so maybe my perception is a little skewed from that of someone who just drives on I-90 only once in a while.

Eh, I drive the pike to work every day, but only from Boston to Natick. I am usually doing 70-80 but don't really get higher than that. That's just me though, I'm not a fast driver, plus gas mileage drops the faster you go. I try my best to find a good balance.

Josh.0
02-22-2010, 02:18 PM
yeah, around there it's tougher because it's so congested.

fwiw that framingham/natick exit blows in the morning

batleon
02-22-2010, 02:45 PM
yeah, around there it's tougher because it's so congested.

fwiw that framingham/natick exit blows in the morning

I do the reverse commute so it's not bad for me, but yeah, seems like that exit builds up traffic at the strangest times...

Anyway, have WH people officially gotten word about their requests yet? I haven't heard from my friend who put in SPAC requests for me yet but people here seem to be talking about confirmations.

dmbfan41
02-22-2010, 05:54 PM

wait you drive under the speed limit?

willndmb
02-22-2010, 07:56 PM
You can only tell you got declined if you chose 'best available' right? because they probably credited your account back some of the $335?

depending on how your card works you can tell if you got reserved, lawn, nothing
i know i got 1 night reserved because i got CHARGED like 174.25 - the cost of 1 night reserved
the total should have been 335
the total for lawn would have been like 120/240 or something

dmbfan41
02-22-2010, 09:44 PM
depending on how your card works you can tell if you got reserved, lawn, nothing
i know i got 1 night reserved because i got CHARGED like 174.25 - the cost of 1 night reserved
the total should have been 335
the total for lawn would have been like 120/240 or something

my charge went from pending 335 to cleared 335.

i used an ATM card. They could probably refund it though.

Mersh
02-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Anyway, have WH people officially gotten word about their requests yet? I haven't heard from my friend who put in SPAC requests for me yet but people here seem to be talking about confirmations.

My CC sends me an email when pruchases over $300 are made on my account. I got an email say such a purchase had been posted from DMB Tickets.

batleon
02-22-2010, 11:05 PM
My CC sends me an email when pruchases over $300 are made on my account. I got an email say such a purchase had been posted from DMB Tickets.

Got it.

dmbfan41
02-23-2010, 12:05 AM
They officially go up on thursday @ probably 6pm when they leave and don't have to answer the phones. or in warehouse time aka friday at 6.

did any spac members try the tiered ordering today?

willndmb
02-23-2010, 11:29 AM
my charge went from pending 335 to cleared 335.

i used an ATM card. They could probably refund it though.

they could and they have (to me)
in my 10+ yrs in the wh i have had just about every temp/charge issue you can think of happen...
no temps got charged and tix
temps got no charge, no tix
temps for parts of order got full charge and tix
temps for full order got part charge and part tix
charges for orders reversed and no tix

typically if you see a charge it stays exactly that way but yes crazy things can happen so until you see the confirmed posting you never know
but with full charge you are prob one of the slim few you got both nights reserved

kvisser
02-23-2010, 11:35 AM
So i'm thinking of making my first trip to SPAC and spend the weekend this year - does anybody know the best place(s) to stay?

Josh.0
02-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Courtyard.

Apparently it rains beer there, you know.

willndmb
02-23-2010, 12:30 PM
So i'm thinking of making my first trip to SPAC and spend the weekend this year - does anybody know the best place(s) to stay?

hate to bring you bad news
but typically spac fills up the day dates are announced
good luck finding anything worth while as far as hotels go
if you like camping there are 2 places lees and morrow lake (or something like that) lees is a crazy party compared to the other

edit - with the hotels it depends a lot on what you feel is a good price and how close you want to be too
for me its not worth staying far away and having to drive in
on the flip side staying at the hotel on spac grounds is not worth the cost

kvisser
02-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the advice, appreciate it

SeekUpAB
02-23-2010, 01:26 PM
If you stay in Albany or Colonie, it's not a bad drive at all. You can go up early and avoid traffic and get set up for a long day of tailgating.

illi3
02-23-2010, 01:49 PM
hate to bring you bad news
but typically spac fills up the day dates are announced
good luck finding anything worth while as far as hotels go
if you like camping there are 2 places lees and morrow lake (or something like that) lees is a crazy party compared to the other

edit - with the hotels it depends a lot on what you feel is a good price and how close you want to be too
for me its not worth staying far away and having to drive in
on the flip side staying at the hotel on spac grounds is not worth the cost

we've stayed there the last 2 years (and will be this year too), and i 100% agree with this. it is nice to not have to deal with the parking lot situation, but last year it was a bitch to call a cab to go into town after the friday night show.

DMB1541
02-24-2010, 09:14 AM
I just canceled a reservation at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Saratoga/Malta if anyone was looking for a close room, its not too far.

BlueWaterDMB
02-24-2010, 03:13 PM
I just canceled a reservation at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Saratoga/Malta if anyone was looking for a close room, its not too far.

I stayed there a few times. Nice hotel. Easy drive too, if you know the shortcut.

Mersh
02-24-2010, 07:44 PM

moreau lake, but it is all booked up.

Define Dancing
02-25-2010, 06:00 PM
so how hard will it be to find a pair of pavilion tickets for N2 on TM tomorrow? or even on the boards later for that matter?

malachite00
02-25-2010, 06:08 PM
so how hard will it be to find a pair of pavilion tickets for N2 on TM tomorrow? or even on the boards later for that matter?

I was going to ask this too. So I'm just quoting you.

zaphod!
02-25-2010, 06:39 PM
i know its way early, but i figured i'd throw it out there.

i have an extra pair of n1 reserved.
looking for a pair of n2 reserved.

dmbfan41
02-25-2010, 07:21 PM
i know its way early, but i figured i'd throw it out there.

i have an extra pair of n1 reserved.
looking for a pair of n2 reserved.

yeah a bit early but i have 2 WH n1s. and 4 WH n2s right now. Ill be looking to trade post-seating assignments. anyone can PM me than and see what I have to offer.

zaphod!
02-25-2010, 07:25 PM
yeah a bit early but i have 2 WH n1s. and 4 WH n2s right now. Ill be looking to trade post-seating assignments. anyone can PM me than and see what I have to offer.

dibs.

MaLaKaS
02-25-2010, 08:48 PM

It's gonna be very hard. I am in the same boat as well.

DMB1541
02-25-2010, 08:53 PM
It's gonna be very hard. I am in the same boat as well.

Yeah, I picked up a pair of lawns off ticketmaster this evening just as a fall-back.

MaLaKaS
02-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I picked up a pair of lawns off ticketmaster this evening just as a fall-back.

oh you did the presale?

DMB1541
02-25-2010, 08:59 PM
oh you did the presale?

Yeah, once I saw I got denied for night 2, I saw there were still lawns available. I figure if I find pavilion seats between now and then, it won't be an issue to sell them.

DMB1541
02-25-2010, 09:36 PM
This is my first trip to SPAC. Is there anywhere in the pavilion that is a "bad seat?" Or is it all pretty decent?

zaphod!
02-25-2010, 09:38 PM
This is my first trip to SPAC. Is there anywhere in the pavilion that is a "bad seat?" Or is it all pretty decent?

its all decent. the last row of reserved is a ton better than the front of lawn where every lawn-tard is squooshed together trying to get dave's attention

DMB1541
02-25-2010, 09:51 PM
its all decent. the last row of reserved is a ton better than the front of lawn where every lawn-tard is squooshed together trying to get dave's attention

Thats what I was thinking. Thanks.

Monk
02-26-2010, 09:39 AM

Far Left/Right of the balcony are the worst seats at SPAC (obstructed view of the stage to the far side you are on), but I'd still prefer them to lawn.

DMB1541
02-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Far Left/Right of the balcony are the worst seats at SPAC (obstructed view of the stage to the far side you are on), but I'd still prefer them to lawn.

Thanks, I pulled section 26 off ticketmaster,which is right in the middle, so I don't have to worry about any obstructed veiw. Just being far away:lol.

Define Dancing
02-26-2010, 11:17 AM
had to settle for a pair of lawns for N2. fuck. hopefully we can find a pair of seats or two single seats to buy on the boards or later on TM, then sell our lawns. is this a likely scenario?

greppson
02-26-2010, 11:34 AM
taper ISO spac n2. this is going to suck.

macaronihead
03-06-2010, 10:02 PM
looks like n2 is "sold out" for now

last72stop
03-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Got declined from the WH for both nights SPAC... if anyone ends up with an extra pair to either night, please let me know

batleon
03-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Yeah I'm hoping to find some halfway decent N2 seats sometime between now and then.

spoke.
03-08-2010, 10:02 PM
taper ISO spac n2. this is going to suck.
it's starting already? :lol

Rowsdower
03-18-2010, 03:48 PM
My Ticketmaster tickets for night 2 came in the mail already. It's weird getting them so early compared to how late the Warehouse sends them out.

Define Dancing
03-22-2010, 09:17 PM
so when would instants for SPAC start showing up?

willndmb
03-23-2010, 12:59 PM
so when would instants for SPAC start showing up?

they already did ;)

you never know, sometimes they send an email stating that instants will be posted on __ day
other times they pop a few shows up here and there, sometimes post a shitload at once with no notice at all

MaLaKaS
03-23-2010, 02:24 PM

SeekUpAB
03-23-2010, 02:40 PM
they already did ;)

you never know, sometimes they send an email stating that instants will be posted on __ day
other times they pop a few shows up here and there, sometimes post a shitload at once with no notice at all

Are you fucking kidding me? I thought they always sent an e-mail.

snyddogg430
03-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Relax they didn't show up yet. They would send an e-mail (although shows like SPAC usually the reserved are gone by the time they get the e-mail sent).

If they had shown up, it would have been up in a bunch of threads.

MaLaKaS
03-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Relax they didn't show up yet. They would send an e-mail (although shows like SPAC usually the reserved are gone by the time they get the e-mail sent).

If they had shown up, it would have been up in a bunch of threads.

I was a little worried there myself :lol

SeekUpAB
03-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Yeah I get it now. It's just been impossible for me to find tickets so far so I'm kind of on edge about the whole thing. And yeah, if there even are instants for SPAC I'll have to be insanely lucky to get them, but I'm holding out some hope for that instead of paying way over face.

MaLaKaS
03-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah I get it now. It's just been impossible for me to find tickets so far so I'm kind of on edge about the whole thing. And yeah, if there even are instants for SPAC I'll have to be insanely lucky to get them, but I'm holding out some hope for that instead of paying way over face.

What night do you need?

SeekUpAB
03-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Well, I've got lawns for N1, but hoping to upgrade those. But N2 is the priority.

jmur
03-25-2010, 07:25 PM
im realllllly hoping i get lucky with instants this year. i just need a pair for n1. ill take anywhere in the pavilion.

malachite00
03-25-2010, 08:27 PM
How is the lawn? Is this place massively large like Alpine?

spoke.
03-25-2010, 09:55 PM
How is the lawn? Is this place massively large like Alpine?
the sight lines can be pretty bad because of the balcony. the size is nowhere near alpine.

willndmb
03-26-2010, 07:16 AM
whatever you do
DON'T hold out waiting for an email - keep your eyes peeled at the wh and here

like i said there have been times that they didn't send emails out and then again even when they send emails depending on the turn around time you may or may not even see the email before they post
i love when i read about a email here or somewhere else and 3 days later i actually get it

DMB1541
04-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Does anyone have any good pictures that show the view of/from the balcony? I did search on Google and couldn't find too much.

spoke.
04-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I've got some extra night 1 reserved seats. PM me if interested.

Thanks

BlueWaterDMB
04-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Does anyone have any good pictures that show the view of/from the balcony? I did search on Google and couldn't find too much.

From 2005, in Sec. 19 I believe?

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/702/dsc00267bz.jpg

Define Dancing
04-03-2010, 10:18 AM

this is from section 21 i believe. probably my favorite picture of SPAC.

DMB1541
04-04-2010, 09:51 AM
:upyours Thanks for the pictures.

malachite00
04-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks, I pulled section 26 off ticketmaster,which is right in the middle, so I don't have to worry about any obstructed veiw. Just being far away:lol.

I ended up with section 28 from the WH N1. Are these obstructed (would the WH say)?

illi3
04-05-2010, 06:52 AM
i love it when my seniority increases by a year, but my seats on seniority night get worse than they ever have been.

Ascf33
04-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I ended up with section 28 from the WH N1. Are these obstructed (would the WH say)?

No, those are not obstructed. They are in the back of the balcony though so you will have to look over people plus the walkway.

jmur
04-08-2010, 02:29 PM
cant wait

SoftMacho
04-09-2010, 07:31 PM
balcony really varies at spac depending on where you are. i was front center balcony for spac n2 last year (easily best show i ever saw) and i prefer those seats to anything except the front 3 sections. the higher you get, you can sense it, and if you're in the upper corners the view ain't great. anything down low is good.

snyddogg430
04-10-2010, 11:43 AM
balcony really varies at spac depending on where you are. i was front center balcony for spac n2 last year (easily best show i ever saw) and i prefer those seats to anything except the front 3 sections. the higher you get, you can sense it, and if you're in the upper corners the view ain't great. anything down low is good.

N2 I have section 22 Row M, dead center but three rows from the back...should I go? I'm going to Bonnaroo the next weekend and the Gorge in September, so I'm on the fence on whether I should drive the 2 hours to go to SPAC.

dmb726525
04-10-2010, 12:13 PM
N2 I have section 22 Row M, dead center but three rows from the back...should I go? I'm going to Bonnaroo the next weekend and the Gorge in September, so I'm on the fence on whether I should drive the 2 hours to go to SPAC.

I'll be happy to take them if you don't want them :lol

snyddogg430
04-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I'll be happy to take them if you don't want them :lol

Sorry should have already said that I already have about 6 different people lined up to buy them.

malachite00
04-10-2010, 01:22 PM

If you're not willing to drive 2 hours, I should really consider whether I want to fly 6 hours.

snyddogg430
04-10-2010, 01:49 PM
If you're not willing to drive 2 hours, I should really consider whether I want to fly 6 hours.

Assuming your seats are the same as mine? Depends on if you have done SPAC before. I'm more wondering since SPAC used to be my big weekend, but now I'm probably only going to N2, and I've been to SPAC so many times, while it's fun it's doesn't get me up like in the past.

spoke.
04-10-2010, 02:33 PM
SPAC is totally worth the trip. This will be my 3rd year in a row coming from Wisconsin.

malachite00
04-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Assuming your seats are the same as mine? Depends on if you have done SPAC before. I'm more wondering since SPAC used to be my big weekend, but now I'm probably only going to N2, and I've been to SPAC so many times, while it's fun it's doesn't get me up like in the past.

This will be my first trip. I wanted to catch a show early in the tour since the west coast shows are always so late in the summer. My seats are section 28 so worse than yours. I'm also a little worried after reading in a different thread how there is a beer garden, and no drinks are allowed in the actual stands -- makes me think it will be full of drunk kids.

SoftMacho
04-10-2010, 03:28 PM
yes

snyddogg430
04-10-2010, 08:26 PM
This will be my first trip. I wanted to catch a show early in the tour since the west coast shows are always so late in the summer. My seats are section 28 so worse than yours. I'm also a little worried after reading in a different thread how there is a beer garden, and no drinks are allowed in the actual stands -- makes me think it will be full of drunk kids.

From my experience, the parking lots are where the drunk kids fester, not the beer garden. I've actually never been in the beer garden from what I've heard it's calm and not a shitshow.

If it's your first trip, then yeah go for sure. It's one of the venues like Gorge and Alpine that for whatever reason the band brings it and the crowd feeds off the band (and vice versa).

jmur
04-12-2010, 07:25 AM
yes

ive sat last row on a side section before, and still had a fantastic view. yes, go.

dmb8021
04-12-2010, 05:26 PM
long shot here, but I got declined for N2 tickets by the Warehouse, so i'm looking for 2 of them. I would rather pavilion than lawn

jmur
04-15-2010, 07:30 AM
although livenation took down the links for their virtual seating charts, the page is still there.

spac virtual seating chart:
http://seatingcharts.livenation.com/ballena/997/

greppson
04-15-2010, 07:41 AM
if anyone can help some tapers find an upgrade for n1 and tickets for n2 to tape from, we'd appreciate the help!

http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=203380

macaronihead
04-22-2010, 04:04 PM
saw moreau is all filled up. anyone else from here camping there?

Mersh
04-22-2010, 04:06 PM
saw moreau is all filled up. anyone else from here camping there?

I usually stay there, but it was full before confirmations were even up. Shame, it is a great campground. Hope people don't ruin it.

Ascf33
04-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah Moreau sells out pretty quickly now. I remember in 02 I booked my site only a few days before the show. I booked my site this year the day tour dates came out.

I think it's just that as we all get older, Lee's becomes less of an option.

dmb726525
04-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Looking for a pair anywhere in the pavilion/balcony on n2

gregkoko@gmail.com

Thanks

MaLaKaS
04-27-2010, 05:16 PM
I am looking for a single reseved ticket for night 2. Think it will be easier to get than a pair?

batleon
04-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Seems like a lot of people still looking for N2 pavilion seats. I know I am.

My excitement for SPAC this year has dropped considerably. I may end up not doing it after all. If that happens I'll have N1 pavilion seats that I'll be looking to trade.

DMB1541
04-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Seems like a lot of people still looking for N2 pavilion seats. I know I am.

My excitement for SPAC this year has dropped considerably. I may end up not doing it after all. If that happens I'll have N1 pavilion seats that I'll be looking to trade.

I've gone to every "big venue" there is for DMB and I have never had an issue finding tickets the month/week going into the show. Is SPAC any different normally in that sense? I feel like everyone always freaks out early, then the market floods with tickets.

spoke.
04-29-2010, 04:25 PM
I've gone to every "big venue" there is for DMB and I have never had an issue finding tickets the month/week going into the show. Is SPAC any different normally in that sense? I feel like everyone always freaks out early, then the market floods with tickets.
That's how it's always been in the past, SPAC included. I wouldn't say the market is flooded with SPAC night 2 tickets but there are usually some available.

I remember last year I think I may have eaten a pair of SPAC night 1 balcony because I couldn't unload them for face. Was also selling pairs under face.

dmb726525
04-29-2010, 06:36 PM
That's how it's always been in the past, SPAC included. I wouldn't say the market is flooded with SPAC night 2 tickets but there are usually some available.

I remember last year I think I may have eaten a pair of SPAC night 1 balcony because I couldn't unload them for face. Was also selling pairs under face.

good, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for me then drews :lol

Ascf33
04-30-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm skipping SPAC for the Gorge. Tickets are already gone but I have a campsite for both nights at Moreau Lake State Park that I need to unload. Loop D. $47.

E-mail - Ascf33@hotmail.com

krayz
05-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Well if anyone has pavilion pairs for either night let me know.

Mersh
05-03-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm skipping SPAC for the Gorge. Tickets are already gone but I have a campsite for both nights at Moreau Lake State Park that I need to unload. Loop D. $47.

E-mail - Ascf33@hotmail.com

wish I hadn't already booked somewhere else. I might look into cancelling and take the site off your hands.

malachite00
05-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Check the ticket forum for N2 tickets. I have 2 for trade only.

macaronihead
05-04-2010, 10:21 PM
wish I hadn't already booked somewhere else. I might look into cancelling and take the site off your hands.

do it Moreau is the best!

dreamer28
05-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I'll be going to these shows. Still need tickets. I didn't have tickets for N2 last year until 2 hours before the show. I'm not too worried. I'll be hawking Ticketmaster/Livenation like always; hopefully I'll be able to score some decent seats!

Mersh
05-11-2010, 08:52 PM
do it Moreau is the best!

I have been going to Moreau for SPAC for over a decade.

Rowsdower
05-12-2010, 09:18 AM
I hope the weather warms up in time for these shows. It's been pretty chilly in New York lately.

snyddogg430
05-12-2010, 12:27 PM
I hope the weather warms up in time for these shows. It's been pretty chilly in New York lately.

??? Last week it was in the 70-80s all week, only started getting cold last weekend, and it's going to heat up again starting tomorrow.

jmur
05-12-2010, 12:53 PM
??? Last week it was in the 70-80s all week, only started getting cold last weekend, and it's going to heat up again starting tomorrow.

spot on. plus we still have a few weeks to go anyways. im not worried.

dmbfan41
05-12-2010, 12:54 PM

Can't wait.

Only 23 days (i think) until SPAC. Still need to find somewhere to stay. SPAC is definitely a great way to start the summer again this year.

jmur
05-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Can't wait.

Only 23 days (i think) until SPAC. Still need to find somewhere to stay. SPAC is definitely a great way to start the summer again this year.

yeah i have nowhere to stay yet either. ill prolly just drive into albany somewhere and find a place to crash for the weekend.

Rowsdower
05-12-2010, 02:23 PM

It's gotten warm only to relapse to chilly a few times this season. Right now it's like 46 degree out. I'm just saying I hope it gets hotter out come early June. I like going to outdoor shows when it's hot and humid out, not brisk or chilly.

snyddogg430
05-12-2010, 02:51 PM
It's gotten warm only to relapse to chilly a few times this season. Right now it's like 46 degree out. I'm just saying I hope it gets hotter out come early June. I like going to outdoor shows when it's hot and humid out, not brisk or chilly.

I hear ya. We got spoiled earlier this month and end of April.

Mersh
05-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Early June in NY? It will be fine. We have actually had some beautiful weekends lately. Last weekend/this week have been chilly.

Rowsdower
05-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Can't wait.

I booked my hotel before the dates were even officially announced :lol

Good luck finding a place on short notice though.

dmbfan41
05-12-2010, 09:34 PM
I booked my hotel before the dates were even officially announced :lol

Good luck finding a place on short notice though.

yeah its not really possible near the venue. u can stay 15-20 minutes away no problem. did that last year and it wasn't bad at all.

we did get lost after n2 though...

jmur
05-13-2010, 07:41 AM
yeah its not really possible near the venue. u can stay 15-20 minutes away no problem. did that last year and it wasn't bad at all.

we did get lost after n2 though...

thats good to hear as thats what i plan on doing. i usually stay with a cousin that lives in albany, but am unable to do so this year.

Define Dancing
05-16-2010, 09:57 AM
can't believe this is less than 3 weeks away. really excited to see what they bust out now that they're taking next year off.

wilsah1141
05-16-2010, 10:22 AM
can't believe this is less than 3 weeks away. really excited to see what they bust out now that they're taking next year off.

I have a feeling that the impending break won't have an effect on their song choice, esp this early in the tour. hope i'm wrong tho cause i will be at moreau lake in no time for these shows.

batleon
05-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Well given the recent news, I'm a little annoyed at myself for pulling the plug on SPAC this year. Oh well, what can you do.

last72stop
05-16-2010, 08:33 PM
still looking for tickets for saturday night... anyone?

batleon
05-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Good luck :lol

If it wasn't hard before it will be now.

MaLaKaS
05-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Yea I need to trade my single N1 Reserved for a N2 Reserved single. Anyone interested?

dreamer28
05-22-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm looking for singles both nights. Looking to unload? Please e-mail me! helloagain@gmail.com

malachite00
05-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Well given the recent news, I'm a little annoyed at myself for pulling the plug on SPAC this year. Oh well, what can you do.

Yea, me too. I'd really like to go, but after I had a hard time finding tickets for both nights my husband decided he didn't want to go at all. Then I discovered I actually had tickets to N1 not N2 through the WH like I thought, and now after this news it's too late to get a reasonable priced flight anyway.

I will be really disappointed if these turn out to be the best shows of the summer (again).

MaLaKaS
05-22-2010, 05:31 PM
I have a pair for N1 already, but I saw a post where reserved singles for both nights are for sale together. I think I have to buy N1 again in order to get the N2 ticket. Should I go for it and hope I can sell my other N1 tickets?

DMB1541
05-22-2010, 07:26 PM
I have a pair for N1 already, but I saw a post where reserved singles for both nights are for sale together. I think I have to buy N1 again in order to get the N2 ticket. Should I go for it and hope I can sell my other N1 tickets?

I would say do it. It doesn't seem like you are going to have any issues selling your tickets.

malachite00
05-22-2010, 07:41 PM

I got about 10 emails in 5 minutes when I posted mine for sale on the WH site, so you shouldn't have any problem.

MaLaKaS
05-22-2010, 07:52 PM
I would say do it. It doesn't seem like you are going to have any issues selling your tickets.

I got about 10 emails in 5 minutes when I posted mine for sale on the WH site, so you shouldn't have any problem.

Sweet, yea I think I'm gonna go for it then. Hopefully this guy still has the tickets available to sell. I e-mailed him within 5 minutes of his post, so hopefully I am first in line.

DMB1541
05-25-2010, 12:51 PM
So as a first time SPAC attendee, what time is a good time to get to the venue? I'm not trying to excessivly tailgate, but I also don't want to spend an hour in traffic waiting to get into the lots if I wait too long to head to the venue.

Also, are there any rules on tailgating? Like no glass, only solo cups, no grills, etc? Thanks!

Josh.0
05-25-2010, 01:14 PM
So as a first time SPAC attendee, what time is a good time to get to the venue? I'm not trying to excessivly tailgate, but I also don't want to spend an hour in traffic waiting to get into the lots if I wait too long to head to the venue.

Also, are there any rules on tailgating? Like no glass, only solo cups, no grills, etc? Thanks!

Just solo cup it and you'll be fine.

Honestly, I think at this point the only thing the police ask is that you don't get into fights, nearly die of alcohol poisoning or damage the park. If you steer clear of that, you should be fine.

Why do I have to be missing these shows :boohoo :boohoo

zaphod!
05-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Just solo cup it and you'll be fine.

Honestly, I think at this point the only thing the police ask is that you don't get into fights, nearly die of alcohol poisoning or damage the park. If you steer clear of that, you should be fine.

and don't get caught on the venue's premises selling your ticket, even at face value. within a certain perimeter of the venue, you're considered to be competing with SPAC by selling tickets, and the cops in saratoga springs are humungous douchebags

MaLaKaS
05-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Sweet, yea I think I'm gonna go for it then. Hopefully this guy still has the tickets available to sell. I e-mailed him within 5 minutes of his post, so hopefully I am first in line.

Deal didn't go through. He got rid of them already. Still looking for a N2 Single Reserved.

DMB1541
05-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. What are your thoughts on parking? Should I go with a VIP parking pass for $30 bucks, or are there plent of other good lots to get into without one?

zaphod!
05-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. What are your thoughts on parking? Should I go with a VIP parking pass for $30 bucks, or are there plent of other good lots to get into without one?

http://imgur.com/m4K7E.jpg

blue is optimal parking area to get out quickly. red is optimal parking for tailgating, but don't expect to get out any time soon after the show.

DMB1541
05-27-2010, 02:44 PM
http://imgur.com/m4K7E.jpg

blue is optimal parking area to get out quickly. red is optimal parking for tailgating, but don't expect to get out any time soon after the show.

Thanks for that, its a big help. I'm assuming that the blue lot is where the paid parking is?

Define Dancing
05-27-2010, 02:48 PM
somehow i always end up coming via Ave of the Pines and consequently have to pay ten bucks to park right next to the venue and it takes forever to get out. how do i avoid this?

MaLaKaS
05-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks for that, its a big help. I'm assuming that the blue lot is where the paid parking is?

I have a premier parking pass for N1 so it would be really nice if that's where it is.

Mersh
05-27-2010, 05:57 PM
premier parking is near the front gates off of Rt. 50.

snyddogg430
05-27-2010, 07:48 PM
I have a pair to N1, Section 22 (balcony center section) Row M for sale. Made a mistake requesting the wrong night, hoping someone can take these off my hands to help me out of a jam.

last72stop
05-30-2010, 07:56 PM
okay so I'm legitimately worried about not having tickets to the show and getting stuck outside of the venue for saturday night...

Monk
05-30-2010, 08:13 PM
okay so I'm legitimately worried about not having tickets to the show and getting stuck outside of the venue for saturday night...

If you can get there early enough, get in line at the box office. You'll have to wait a while, but they always release tickets prior to the show (they'll say they won't, but they will). Or, you'll be able to buy them in the lots from someone, it just depends on how much you're willing to pay.

Monk
05-30-2010, 08:14 PM
I have a premier parking pass for N1 so it would be really nice if that's where it is.

You don't really need premier parking at SPAC, but it will be cool to have. We'll be in and out. It's right in front of the main entrance to the venue (to the left) when you enter from route 50.

SoftMacho
05-30-2010, 10:08 PM
You don't really need premier parking at SPAC, but it will be cool to have. We'll be in and out. It's right in front of the main entrance to the venue (to the left) when you enter from route 50.
if you're making a right out of the lots at spac like we do to head north and/or west then you definitely don't need premier parking. not sure how it is for those who are getting back on 87, might be worth it

Monk
05-30-2010, 10:16 PM
if you're making a right out of the lots at spac like we do to head north and/or west then you definitely don't need premier parking. not sure how it is for those who are getting back on 87, might be worth it

I like to think that we and the parking attendants at SPAC have a pact. :)

SoftMacho
05-30-2010, 10:19 PM
I like to think that we and the parking attendants at SPAC have a pact. :)
yeah, that pact being "fuck you"

Monk
05-30-2010, 10:24 PM
yeah, that pact being "fuck you"

The pact being, I park wherever I want and you don't have to care or make your high school summer job any more difficult by stopping me. :upyours

SoftMacho
05-30-2010, 10:28 PM
The pact being, I park wherever I want and you don't have to care or make your high school summer job any more difficult by stopping me. :upyours
yep. btw: possibly bringing the whole family to darien? just throwing it out there :lol

MaLaKaS
05-30-2010, 11:43 PM

that's true

Monk
05-31-2010, 09:54 AM
yep. btw: possibly bringing the whole family to darien? just throwing it out there :lol

It would be awesome to see my mom in the pit. :upyours

MJA3488
05-31-2010, 12:21 PM
So I think Im gonna drive up for Sat night. Anyone have an extra pair??? Coming up from Baltimore...

zaphod!
05-31-2010, 12:29 PM
good luck to you

MJA3488
05-31-2010, 12:46 PM
thanks i know its a long shot, if i have to ill drop some cash

Define Dancing
06-03-2010, 11:51 PM
can't believe this is tomorrow, really snuck up on me. I haven't listened to DMB in over a week and haven't looked at a single setlist, which definitely makes the show more interesting. Wondering if we'll see any of Stefan's favorites considering it's his birthday.