TDC'ers in attendance

Jadorsey

https://whsec1.davematthewsband.com/venmaps/89245.gif
http://www.jdland.com/dc/images/events/stadium-080330-openingnight-007.jpg
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2009/08/04/image5211801.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3006/2627150274_904b01f7d3.jpg
http://www.andrewclem.com/Baseball/Photos/NationalsPark_grand_view_3B_UD.jpg

INFO ABOUT THE PARK
Nationals Park is the current ballpark for the Washington Nationals of Major League Baseball. It is the first LEED-certified green major professional sports stadium in the United States.[5] The facility hosted the 2008 season's first game (in North America), when the Nats took on the Atlanta Braves on March 30, 2008. The first game played there was a collegiate baseball game. The stadium is located along the Anacostia River in the Navy Yard neighborhood of Washington, D.C., and replaced RFK Stadium as the Nationals' home ballpark.

The ballpark, designed by Populous (formerly HOK Sport) and Devrouax & Purnell Architects and Planners, seats 41,888 fans and cost $611 million to build.[3] The Washington Monument and the U.S. Capitol building are visible from certain areas of the stadium.

The park's name echoes the original name of the early-1900s ballpark used by the Washington Senators/Nationals, which was called National Park until it was rebuilt and renamed Griffith Stadium. The name was originally a temporary name, as the Lerner Family had planned to sell its naming rights. When a strong bid never surfaced, the team chose to stick with Nationals Park

Opening Act
Zac Brown Band
http://www.zacbrownband.com

Interactive Directions
http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ballpark/directions_planner.jsp

BlueWaterDMB
02-01-2010, 11:04 PM
I am 50/50 on this show.

KerwinMcgee
02-02-2010, 12:13 AM
seems like a nice ballpark, plus i want to catch one of the stadium shows this tour

BlueWaterDMB
02-02-2010, 07:48 AM
I may or may not be in DC for work that week so if I am it would just work out too perfect. Plus I'm really interested in seeing Zac Brown Band, even though I will have already saw them by this show at Hershey.

MJA3488
02-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Are you guys requesting warehouse tix for this? I feel like they will be so easy to get before the show and much cheaper?

vtpettit
02-02-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm putting in for WH upper deck seats. Don't wanna have to fight the GA floor scene. Oh well...

KerwinMcgee
02-02-2010, 05:08 PM
i dont think im going to put in for WH for this.

I heard that WH lets GA WH tix holders into the building a half hour before the public though... something to consider

ethaxton
02-02-2010, 11:29 PM
i dont think im going to put in for WH for this.

I heard that WH lets GA WH tix holders into the building a half hour before the public though... something to consider

Yeah, that is definitely worth it. I may actually skip Charlotte and hit this show instead since it's a Friday. The traffic is gonna suuuuuuuuuuck though.

KerwinMcgee
02-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Yeah, that is definitely worth it. I may actually skip Charlotte and hit this show instead since it's a Friday. The traffic is gonna suuuuuuuuuuck though.

i knew traffic was going to suck so badly that i took the entire day off work even though im only 2 hours away. :lol

I think im going WH GA for this..

NiCK Crush
02-02-2010, 11:34 PM
That's a slick lookin' ball park.

MJA3488
02-03-2010, 12:44 AM

where does it say that??

vtpettit
02-03-2010, 10:05 AM
That's a slick lookin' ball park.

As a DC area native, I've heard tons of mixed reviews. It's definitely shiny and new and there's not a bad seat in the house. Being metro accessible is great. What people complain about the most is that it's not unique and doesn't have interesting architecture like so many of the "old school" ballparks being built now.

Tailgating will be next to impossible for this show... parking close to the ballpark kinda sucks. For out of town people, I'd recommend parking at a metro stop outside the city or at your hotel and riding the metro in.

This show is ripe for a pre-show DC bar meet up!

KerwinMcgee
02-03-2010, 12:31 PM
i had heard from some folks who went to stadium GA floor shows with WH tixs that they were let in 30 minutes before the public.

Caveat Emperor
02-03-2010, 02:16 PM
i had heard from some folks who went to stadium GA floor shows with WH tixs that they were let in 30 minutes before the public.

They had a separate WH admit line for GA ticket holders at Vandy last year. They let the WH line about 30 minutes early, and then started to let the regular GA crowd in after the WH line had cleared out. I assume there will be a similar setup for the GA parks this year.

I'm up in the air about this show. I have lots of friends in DC I can crash with if I want to attend, but not certain how much I want to hit this particular show v. others. It is a really nice stadium -- it mostly suffers from the fact that most DC-area baseball fans were spoiled rotten with Camden Yards in Baltimore.

Metro will be a *zoo* for this concert, especially trying to get a transfer to the Green Line. This would be a rare instance where I'd consider cabbing it to the show and catching the train on your way out.

DMB1541
02-03-2010, 04:14 PM
The Nationals' stadium is awful. They spent that much money to build a park that is worse than stadiums that were built 5 years ago. Anyone who says its nice, is obviously from DC, where they have no brains.

With that said, I'm going.:downyours

MJA3488
02-03-2010, 04:17 PM
The Nationals' stadium is awful. They spent that much money to build a park that is worse than stadiums that were built 5 years ago. Anyone who says its nice, is obviously from DC, where they have no brains.

Yeah thats 100% the truth. I live in Baltimore and am a huge Orioles fan and go to tons of games. Going here was pretty funny. Theres not 1 cool thing to see in the entire stadium.

That said, Ill probably go to this show. I cant decide if its worth it to request tix now or not though. I think Ill call the warehouse and get some confirmation on this WH GA early entrance thing.

GreyStHokie
02-04-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm looking for someone to request 4 grandstand tix for me that has fairly similar seniority to me (jan 99). I can return the request with one somewhere else (except charlotte).

uscjeff
02-08-2010, 12:27 AM
I really liked this park when I was there 2 seasons ago. While it wont be great for DMB I loved the huge bar in center field. Great place to hang out

KerwinMcgee
02-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Requested GA

vtpettit
02-18-2010, 10:18 AM
I requested upper deck... will be fun to take it all in from up there. I'm sure the sound will suck up there, but I'll still enjoy myself! Nice to be able to metro to the show! Will be "tailgating" in a bar...

The Colonel
02-18-2010, 11:22 AM

You went to one game there...and saw your mighty Cards poop the bed. It's not a bad park.

With that said, hopefully by the summer more bars will be open on M street next to the stadium. If not, there are several bars on Pennsylvania on The Hill, or down 8th street. Both are less than a 10-15 min walk to ballpark.

See ya'll there...

DMB1541
02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
You went to one game there...and saw your mighty Cards poop the bed. It's not a bad park.

Like I said, people from DC are retarded. Anyone with half a brain and that's been to any other park will tell you the place sucks.

vtpettit
02-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Like I said, people from DC are retarded. Anyone with half a brain and that's been to any other park will tell you the place sucks.

Wow, what an incredibly mature thing to say...

DMB1541
02-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Wow, what an incredibly mature thing to say...

:boohoo Hey douchebag, thats my college buddy that I'm giving a hard time.

But seriously, anyone who has been to other new stadiums, will tell you Nationals Park was a terrible waste of money and its poorly designed. If people in DC like it, its because they are ignorant and don't know any better.

MJA3488
02-18-2010, 05:49 PM
But seriously, anyone who has been to other new stadiums, will tell you Nationals Park was a terrible waste of money and its poorly designed. If people in DC like it, its because they are ignorant and don't know any better.

Caveat Emperor
02-18-2010, 06:25 PM

It's not a bad place, it just has no personality -- much like Great American in Cincinnati, Citizens in Philly, or PNC in Pittsburgh.

DMB1541
02-18-2010, 07:00 PM
It's not a bad place, it just has no personality -- much like Great American in Cincinnati, Citizens in Philly, or PNC in Pittsburgh.

I've never been to Cincinnati, but I think Citizens and PNC are 100 times better than Nats Stadium. No personality is right, its incredibly boring.

The Colonel
02-19-2010, 12:49 PM
For the love of God can we all agree that Camden Yards is the shit compared to alot of parks...especially Nats Stadium:whatever

MJA3488
02-19-2010, 07:55 PM
For the love of God can we all agree that Camden Yards is the shit compared to alot of parks...especially Nats Stadium:whatever

Obviously, its pretty absurd that they chose to play @ Nationals over Camden Yards.

KerwinMcgee
02-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Confirmed 2 WH GA

Caveat Emperor
04-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Apparently I missed out on GAs when they went up on WH Instants yesterday evening.

If I can find a way to get some GA tickets for this show without getting absolutely raped on price (stubhub / ebay has GAs going for $200 per) I'll probably make the trip out -- but I'm not paying $100 to sit in the upper deck for a show like this.

firedwarftj
04-27-2010, 06:42 PM
I will be drunk with my buddies on the field in GA ...

typsitch
04-27-2010, 07:55 PM
I'll be there

dmbftp
07-20-2010, 10:08 AM
What's a good tailgating bar around the stadium? I'm planning on taking the metro in. Looking at maps, it looks like the metro is only a block away from the stadium.

Caveat Emperor
07-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Missing Minarets by one night. :rant

The Colonel
07-22-2010, 10:59 AM
What's a good tailgating bar around the stadium? I'm planning on taking the metro in. Looking at maps, it looks like the metro is only a block away from the stadium.
There is a big place called "The Bullpen outside of the center field gate. It will be a shitshow...and $6 beers.

If you go up (away) from the capitol to 8th Street SE (about a 10 minute walk) there are about 4-7 good bars/restraunts in that stretch. (Orange Line / Eastern Market stop.)

If you are taking the metro (which for the love of God don't drive in because it will be a mess), just walk down from Capitol South/Fed Cnter SW/Eastern Market Stop. It's not worth it to transfer trains to the green line at L'fant Plaza.

I'll give a writeup on the show thread page.

italy8384
07-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Anyone been to a stadium show yet with GA? Was wondering if I could just hang out in the way back where there is more room? Didn't know if its worse back there with people talking and getting drinks and food from the stands. Any tips if you don't want to be all the way up front?

UVA41
07-22-2010, 09:07 PM
someone in the pit PLEASE make a minarets sign

Caveat Emperor
07-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Good try. ;)

dmbftp
07-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the info! Came in handy. I"m just a little late with a response