PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2010 Great Woods: June 7 & 8th Thrizead (Post SPAC Mail-It-In SetC)

Jack
02-25-2010, 07:28 PM
and here we go.

http://i47.tinypic.com/245xyyt.jpg

Monk
02-26-2010, 09:37 AM
:lol

Rickmiller15BOSOX
02-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Pretty bummed that this is the only show I can hit this year. But I guess I can be happy that I pulled Sec 7, Row C this morning.

Brer Funk
02-26-2010, 05:07 PM
I'll be there. At least it's a couple of weeks into the tour this year, so hopefully they're in a good groove.

sneaksbeac
02-26-2010, 05:45 PM
What are the chances they open the lots are a reasonable hour being that its two week day shows...

Two years ago the whole waiting around line up was a joke

firedwarftj
03-01-2010, 08:17 PM
What are the chances they open the lots are a reasonable hour being that its two week day shows...

Two years ago the whole waiting around line up was a joke

I'd put money on them not opening till 3 at the earliest

sneaksbeac
03-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Being the 2nd and 3rd show of the year, they will probably be big jerks about it as well.

Unless the band caught wind of the sucking (which I doubt they did) and bitched to management like Buffet does

firedwarftj
03-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Being the 2nd and 3rd show of the year, they will probably be big jerks about it as well.

Unless the band caught wind of the sucking (which I doubt they did) and bitched to management like Buffet does

I've never seen and venue loosen the rules for tailgating for DMB like they do for Buffett, much different crowds and the DMB crowds are a lot younger and prone to getting arrested

bsan83
03-02-2010, 06:49 PM
The '04 and '08 runs, right after SPAC, were great stuff. Let's hope this is more of the same.

firedwarftj
03-02-2010, 06:51 PM
The '04 and '08 runs, right after SPAC, were great stuff. Let's hope this is more of the same.

Bill, I'm with you on this one, I think we may get some decent shows

sneaksbeac
03-02-2010, 07:18 PM
I've never seen and venue loosen the rules for tailgating for DMB like they do for Buffett, much different crowds and the DMB crowds are a lot younger and prone to getting arrested

But the reason venues relax the rules so much is because he tells him to, or he is going elsewhere....

But I see your point on the younger crowd.

firedwarftj
03-02-2010, 07:22 PM
But the reason venues relax the rules so much is because he tells him to, or he is going elsewhere....

But I see your point on the younger crowd.

I was shooting the shit with a cop waiting to cross the street from the private lot last year and I asked him why are they so anal for some shows and not for others, he said it had to do with the ages and of the fans, a big thing hurting DMB is the amount of under 21 people at the show, the damn paddy wagon runs all night bringing people to the police station

sneaksbeac
03-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Yea I understand that I just wish the authorities would just be smart about it and not harress the people who are obviously old enough and responsible enough to handle there booze and general good time.

Two years ago a car full of youngins pull in next to myself and my friends and unload a full on beer pong set up and shit...rather than just bustin them they bust on everyone..when myself and friends were just grilling getting ready drinking beer outta solo cups minding our own business.

ThememanXX
03-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Two years ago a car full of youngins pull in next to myself and my friends and unload a full on beer pong set up and shit...rather than just bustin them they bust on everyone..when myself and friends were just grilling getting ready drinking beer outta solo cups minding our own business.

I had this same situation happen at Hershey last year. Difference is, the cops arrested all the beer-pongin' underagers while the rest of us manning our grills and solo cups stood by and applauded. :upyours

sneaksbeac
03-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Which is what needs to happen..I've never been to a venue more strict on tailgating than the TweeCast for the Performing Arts Center

firedwarftj
03-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Which is what needs to happen..I've never been to a venue more strict on tailgating than the TweeCast for the Performing Arts Center

Great Woods def has some of the toughest enforcement out of every venue I've ever been too ... but get ready, word is SPAC is going to be anal on enforcement this summer

bsan83
03-03-2010, 07:58 PM
It is so worth paying the $30 to park at the little lot just before the main one.

firedwarftj
03-03-2010, 08:23 PM
It is so worth paying the $30 to park at the little lot just before the main one.

I park at the one across the street, well worth the money

sneaksbeac
03-03-2010, 08:48 PM
I upgrade to premium at the Venue just to be closer to the front door...the of site lots have there advantages but i've never been

firedwarftj
03-03-2010, 09:01 PM
I upgrade to premium at the Venue just to be closer to the front door...the of site lots have there advantages but i've never been

I used to park premier, but the private lots get out much faster and I'd much rather give my money to some small guy over livenation

sneaksbeac
03-04-2010, 01:13 PM
I've never had an issue getting out of premium...I also usually head for the door by the start of the last encore song

I just don't trust those lil lots around there, if worse comes to worse the detail cops coming out of comcast get priority over those lots, so they have every right to just block those lots in till comcast is empty, which would never happen but it would be my luck I get the one cop being a dick and just let everyone linger in there

Fan#41
03-05-2010, 07:26 PM

:upyours

firedwarftj
03-06-2010, 09:51 AM
:upyours

I think I may have seen you over there before ...:lol

Josh.0
03-06-2010, 09:54 AM
:upyours :upyours to the lot across the street

firedwarftj
03-07-2010, 12:27 PM
:upyours :upyours to the lot across the street

so whats the deal, I come up to Boston and go out for beers and no sign of you lameness

Josh.0
03-07-2010, 06:27 PM
i was in lowell last night. i had a birthday party to attend (actually, a birthday party for two people).

blah. would have been nice to go out into the city last night, especially considering it was moderately warm for early march.

firedwarftj
03-07-2010, 07:27 PM
i was in lowell last night. i had a birthday party to attend (actually, a birthday party for two people).

blah. would have been nice to go out into the city last night, especially considering it was moderately warm for early march.

yeah, we went out to Publick House and then chilled, quiet night, but it was beautiful in Boston last night, Ill let you know next time I'm heading up there, it wasnt planned ahead

And with Great Woods, all my plans are set, rides and places to stay ... only shows I'm totally all figured out for

Josh.0
03-07-2010, 07:51 PM
only shows I'm totally all figured out for

and Gorge.

Yeah, definitely get ahold of me next time you're up. Text or call though...sometimes I don't look at my FB for a few days so I'll miss that stuff.

I can't wait for the GW tailgate. :rawk It feels like it's been a looooong time since Alpine for me.

firedwarftj
03-07-2010, 07:56 PM
and Gorge.

Yeah, definitely get ahold of me next time you're up. Text or call though...sometimes I don't look at my FB for a few days so I'll miss that stuff.

I can't wait for the GW tailgate. :rawk It feels like it's been a looooong time since Alpine for me.

I dont have your number, so its hard for me to text or call you ...

Sadly I'm not doing Gorge this summer, I'm a little bummed about it

Great Woods is always a fun laid back tailgate, Scott & Cathy know how to do it up

Josh.0
03-07-2010, 08:03 PM
pm'd

Yeedog
03-07-2010, 11:04 PM

What really proved the lot across the street worth the money to me was when we got back to NH after N2 2008 and my friends called a friend who was parked in the main lots. Ya, they were still waiting to get out.

That alone made me realize that the $40 bucks is worth it just for the quick exit. Add in the added benefit of minimal police harassment and it's a no brainier.

Josh.0
03-08-2010, 10:56 AM
love the new title :lmao

Josh.0
03-08-2010, 10:58 AM
What really proved the lot across the street worth the money to me was when we got back to NH after N2 2008 and my friends called a friend who was parked in the main lots. Ya, they were still waiting to get out.

That alone made me realize that the $40 bucks is worth it just for the quick exit. Add in the added benefit of minimal police harassment and it's a no brainier.

:lol Erika.

"Hey Erika, where are you guys?"

"In the lot still. We've got a ways to go. Where are you?"

"Home."

"WHAT?"

Fan#41
03-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Didn't have to do some Navy Seal work with your alcohol back in '08?

Slowbutspeeding
03-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Got lower reserved for N1, but not sure I am gonna make it. This is my home town venue and have never missed a show here, but leaving for Bonnaroo on Tuesday is gonna be tough and probably financially stupid...

sneaksbeac
03-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Didn't have to do some Navy Seal work with your alcohol back in '08?

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong but...

the police/ venue golf cart goons were out in full force early on stopping/trying to curb drinking. Its always been against the rules to consume booze in public at GW/TC/CC, 08 was the first real year they choose to be true gestapo like and stop it. A red solo cup wasn't enough as a cop approached myself and my party and gave us a polite warning to not be so obvious, we switched to old McDonalds cups for a time but never saw anyone again, and then went back to Solos. The next day we switched traveling coffee mugs and never heard peep. But saw people around us with bottles and cans being thrown out.

Is that what you mean by navy Seal work?

Fan#41
03-28-2010, 12:56 AM
They were very heavy that year, the worst I had ever seen at that venue, or any other I've been to. Someone told me it was because of the new ownership and they wanted a much heavier response to problems in the lot, so basically security from all angles made it their mission to just go all out on even the smallest problems.

It didn't matter what age you were, even if you had alcohol or not, they doing random searches, going up and down every row in the lots. If there was a group next to you underage, drinking, and acting stupid and security nailed them, then odds were they were gonna target any other groups around those kids, which included your group. It just made for an uneasy and non-enjoyable experience.

Of course, I've seen some of the most idiotic behavior at DMB shows in the lots(not to say there aren't other venues and concerts people act stupid) so I'm all for extra security, especially bagging the idiots who may end up causing harm to others or even themselves, but the cops, security and staff aren't morons. They can tell who the idiots are and who is there to just chill and have a good time, but the crackdown by new venue management put the security in a tight spot so that's how they had to react.

greppson
04-15-2010, 07:42 AM
if anyone can help some tapers find an upgrade for n2 to tape from, we'd appreciate the help!

http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=203380

sneaksbeac
04-29-2010, 03:25 AM
I spoke with a friend of mine who works at great woods, specifically I asked about the pit situation. She said she expects the pit to hold around 500 people, it usually varies depending on the size of the "thrust" of the stage but dmb obviosuly doesn't use one of those. She also said they have the ability to take out to row to row L in sec 2 if they wanted to..but again the artist dictates such things

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

firedwarftj
05-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Kind of bummed to find out today, Scott, Cathy and the twirly-thing will not be attending Great Woods this year ... they are some good people and are always fun to hang out with

rentfn
05-08-2010, 02:27 PM
There is no reason to go to Great Woods then.

firedwarftj
05-10-2010, 04:46 PM
There is no reason to go to Great Woods then.

yeah ... but I do have decent seats one night, so I'm still gonna make the trip ... plus I'm not sure how my seat partner would react if I bailed on her ... but then again, it might make her happy :lol

batleon
05-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Looks like I am in for N2. Hope they start early for once. Curfew at this venue blows. So do the parking lots for that matter.

Josh.0
05-25-2010, 12:13 PM
We're getting BOWA this year. Book it. Hasn't seen Mansfield - or the state of Massachusetts for that matter - since 2004.

Josh.0
05-26-2010, 07:47 PM
This show keeps looking better and better. Particularly N2. :rawk

batleon
05-27-2010, 04:00 PM
How come?

firedwarftj
05-27-2010, 04:55 PM
This show keeps looking better and better. Particularly N2. :rawk

I'm curious to know why besides the fact I have fairly decent seats

Josh.0
05-28-2010, 10:44 AM
It's nothing. I'll tell you at Hartford. :lol

raven
05-28-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm curious to know why besides the fact I have fairly decent seats
hey I didn't know you posted here

firedwarftj
05-31-2010, 05:49 PM
It's nothing. I'll tell you at Hartford. :lol

Did you tell me, or am I just not remember it :lol

hey I didn't know you posted here

I get around with my posting ...

sneaksbeac
06-01-2010, 06:33 PM
After todays weather I started looking at the extended forecast things look good for now.....lets hope we don't get a repeat of repeat of '08

batleon
06-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Looks like I'm hitting both nights of this. Here's to a solid two night stand. Hoping they give us JTR, Hello Again, KKJ, and Busted Stuff over the two nights.

TDunk
06-03-2010, 02:31 PM
n2 sec 6 row H single for sale, pm me

pgr17
06-04-2010, 09:29 AM
sad to be missing Great Woods this year... especially since they aren't around next summer.

ah well... hope you guys get a great two-night stand.

sean52692
06-06-2010, 02:59 AM
Funny title. HAhahah, this is a different tour year. Every show has had an above average set so far

sneaksbeac
06-06-2010, 03:24 AM
We most deff won't be getting a mail in set this yeear that's for. Sure

JustinC
06-06-2010, 10:28 AM
could be way wrong, but i think Mansfield will be alright

Hartford got 15 Songs that SPAC didnt

SPAC got 14 Songs Hartford didnt.

So if Mansfield gets 5-8 songs neither of them did i will be happy

My Prediction Mansfield gets

Seek Up
Alligator Pie
Lie In Our Graves
One Sweet World
Pig
Rhyme & Reason
(Liberation)
So Much To Say > ASTB

sneaksbeac
06-06-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm hoping for some WWYS, KKJ, and all of the above mentioned..

hoping Cant Stop, WAYG, and Jimi don't make an appearance

batleon
06-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Looking forward to a sweet two night stand :rawk

Jack
06-06-2010, 07:54 PM
N2 is going to be the show of the tour.

batleon
06-06-2010, 09:40 PM
N2 is going to be the show of the tour.

I like the confidence.

ReturntoLettuce