PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Train Pavillion | Concord, CA | 8.25.2010

malachite00
08-17-2010, 03:15 PM
I didn't see a thread for this one yet. Is anyone going?

What is the best way to get to Concord from San Fran? I'd prefer to take a train, but I've never been east of Berkeley on Bart, so I'm not sure if there is one.

K270
08-18-2010, 01:56 AM
I'm going. Haven't Mapquested the directions yet. There is a BART station in Concord. Not sure how far away it is from the Pavilion though.

K270
08-18-2010, 02:08 AM
I just did a little research. The Concord Bart station looks like it's about 6 miles away from the Pavilion. Haven't looked into the Public Transportation connections. I think I'll e-mail Bart and ask them if they have any shuttles or know of any public transportation connections to and from the Pavilion to Bart.

malachite00
08-18-2010, 12:29 PM
I just did a little research. The Concord Bart station looks like it's about 6 miles away from the Pavilion. Haven't looked into the Public Transportation connections. I think I'll e-mail Bart and ask them if they have any shuttles or know of any public transportation connections to and from the Pavilion to Bart.

Thanks for the info. A taxi for the 6 miles wouldn't be too bad. I've never been to Concord though, so I have no idea what the area is like. I wonder if trains run after the show too. I remember taking a train from SF back to San Jose after the 2005 shows and it took 3 hours to get home because of all the stops.

K270
08-19-2010, 01:22 AM

I e-mailed BART and this was their response:

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your question. County Connection is the local bus service that provides transportation via shuttle from Concord BART to the Sleep Train Pavilion. The shuttle is available during all paid events. The shuttle begins service 90 minutes before and directly after the event ends. The cost of the shuttle is $5.00 round trip, no discounts or passes accepted. You may contact the County Connection on 925-676-7500. If you have any further questions regarding BART, please call us on the number listed below.

The 2005 show was at SBC Park. What you took was Caltrain. You shouldn't have to deal with Caltrain if your staying in the City. Bart has several stops in San Francisco. All the stops run along Market street. If you do take Bart, make sure you get on the Pittsburgh/Bay Point train. When coming home you can take a)San Francisco Airport/Millbrae b) Colma c) Daly City. All three run directly through San Francisco and make all stops.

K270
08-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Here's the Bart main page:

http://bart.gov/

There's a trip planner on the left side.

malachite00
08-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the BART info, we're going to try it tomorrow. Hopefully we end up in the right city. I have a 7am flight tomorrow then meetings for work all day, so it will be a long day!!

K270
08-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Make sure you get on the Pittsburgh/Bay Point train. That's the only train that will take you to Concord. The stations before Concord are Pleasant Hill and Walnut Creek. If you do go to far, you can always step off the train and cross the platform without paying again. Then you just backtrack. I think you'll do O.K. getting to the Concord station.

Not sure what to tell you coming back. There's several different trains that go several directions. Every train has a map of the routes. Let me help you:

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/wrjacobs/planetwalt/bart.gif