PDA

View Full Version : Lakeside | July 8, 9, 10 | Chicago, IL | DMB Caravan #2

JWood
04-07-2011, 10:20 AM
http://images.musictoday.com/stores/images/dmb/caravan/Chicago/header.jpg

http://images.musictoday.com/stores/images/dmb/caravan/Chicago/Chicago_lineup_FINAL.jpg

http://images.musictoday.com/stores/images/dmb/caravan/Chicago/CaravanLogo_NewsHeader.gif

http://static.musictoday.com/dmbcaravan/media/images/lineup/chicago/Chicago_Friday_Schedule_web_v3.jpg
http://static.musictoday.com/dmbcaravan/media/images/lineup/chicago/Chicago_Saturday_Schedule_web_v3.jpg
http://static.musictoday.com/dmbcaravan/media/images/lineup/chicago/Chicago_Sunday_Schedule_web_v3.jpg

The second Dave Matthews Band Caravan stop of the summer will take place at Chicago's Lakeside on July 8th-10th. Located on Chicago's south shore of Lake Michigan, just a short distance from downtown, the Chicago stop will feature a full set by headliner Dave Matthews Band each night along with a diverse line-up of artists on three different stages.

Dave Matthews Band Caravan will be the first-ever event held at Lakeside, where the panoramic view of downtown Chicago across the water will provide a backdrop for the festival. Attendees can easily access Lakeside by Metra train, CTA Red Line, bus, bicycle and car. There is ample onsite parking and a carpool program will be available to help connect those who would like to share a ride.

Three-day GA tickets, VIP packages, Premier Parking passes and Chicago hotel rooms are on sale now through a Warehouse member presale. For every ticket or VIP Package purchased, Warehouse members will receive a voucher redeemable on site for a complimentary gift item. Citi® cardmembers will have access to presale tickets beginning Monday, April 11th, at 10 am CT/11 am ET through Citi's Private Pass® Program. For complete Citi presale details visit www.citiprivatepass.com. Tickets will be available to the public through DMBCaravan.com on Friday, April 15, 2011 at 10 am CT/11 am ET. Click here for information on available Caravan Payment Plans.

Visit DMBCaravan.com for more information on Caravan stops in Atlantic City and Chicago and for upcoming late night show announcements. Follow the Caravan on Facebook and Twitter for updates and lineup additions.

Premier Travel Packages: http://www.dmbcaravan.com/chicago-travel/

VIP Packages: http://www.dmbcaravan.com/tickets/

Chicago Lodging: http://www.dmbcaravan.com/chicago-lodging/

http://www.dmbcaravan.com/

roshea999
04-11-2011, 04:02 PM
See you there

sean52692
04-11-2011, 10:53 PM
of course i'll go.

Mitch
04-12-2011, 10:56 AM
I'll be there with the wife. Making this our annual non-kids summer vacation. Nothing like the south side of chicago for a summer vacation!

CRUSHsoccer15
04-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Now, this might be an Ant-ish idea, but instead of us all going separately and bitching about crappy people around us after each night, we should just plan to band together and try to organize a TDC "section".

I doubt we'd be able to pull it off near the front, but I'd happily be further back than be surrounded by jerkoffs.

JWood
04-12-2011, 08:39 PM
if you get it near the front, I'm in.

sean52692
04-12-2011, 08:54 PM
I will most likely be near the front. Probably with a few other friends

JWood
04-13-2011, 09:46 AM
I will see you then, or I will see you at another time.

http://couchcampus.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/love2.jpg

sean52692
04-13-2011, 10:07 AM
:lol:lol

CRUSHsoccer15
04-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Updated image, (kind of) clarifying D&T and Summer Camp.

http://static.musictoday.com/dmbcaravan/media/images/site_b/banners/HomePage_Lineup_SStage_2.jpg

CRUSHsoccer15
04-13-2011, 03:19 PM
From Summer Camp website:

Summer Camp Saturday at the Dave Matthews Caravan in Chicago!

Summer Camp Music Festival is super excited to be a part of the Dave Mathews Band Caravan coming to Chicago July 8, 9, and 10. We are going to have our own stage at the festival on July 9 and will be providing some surprise artists from our 2011 line up to play the stage.

sean52692
04-13-2011, 03:26 PM
From Summer Camp website:

this sounds promising :upyours

hopefully Umphrey's

CRUSHsoccer15
04-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Avett Brothers are at Red Rocks July 9. So that rules them out. The only act I potentially cared about.

CRUSHsoccer15
04-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Tickets ordered. You know, this thing is pretty damn good value.

MJA3488
04-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Got tix today. Pretty fired up, never spent time in Chicago before.

JWood
04-17-2011, 01:33 AM
I still can't justify 3 nights here, we'll see what happens though...

Caveat Emperor
04-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Ordered tickets & a parking pass last week. I'm banking on tailgating of some sort being allowed and hopefully going back and forth between the show and the lots during some of the downtime. Figure that I'll just load the back of my jeep up with a couple coolers full of drinks and food and use it as a base.

I'd be really nice if I could just leave my car in the lots all three days and just replenish the food/beer supply every morning, but from what I'm hearing about the neighborhood that might not be the swiftest idea.

Caveat Emperor
04-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Now, this might be an Ant-ish idea, but instead of us all going separately and bitching about crappy people around us after each night, we should just plan to band together and try to organize a TDC "section".

I doubt we'd be able to pull it off near the front, but I'd happily be further back than be surrounded by jerkoffs.

Added bonus: large group holding places while people move around to other stages and/or the lots for further drinking.

spoke.
04-22-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm in.

Habbs
04-25-2011, 02:48 PM
bought my tickets, this should be a great few days of music overload

CRUSHsoccer15
04-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Who else is pumped to see this dude? Dicked around YouTube with some of the lineup today. Digging this.

9Si3_TSw2wQ

Mitch
04-28-2011, 11:52 AM
^ Nice. Not familiar with him, but that video is sweet. Will definitely check them out.

Been listening to a little G. Love lately (new album w/ Avett Bros. backing him is real good). Looking forward to his set.

04-30-2011, 05:42 PM

1t. Dan
05-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Ok, how many of you guys that are planning on going don't have tickets yet?

I'm just wondering when I should start worrying about being able to get tix but for some reason I'm thinking it's going to be pretty easy

roshea999
05-02-2011, 09:42 AM

I'm just wondering when I should start worrying about being able to get tix but for some reason I'm thinking it's going to be pretty easy

I'll be in Chicago but don't have tickets yet. Not 100% certain what my plans for this summer are yet... but I will be there.

JWood
05-03-2011, 09:26 AM

:hi

1t. Dan
05-03-2011, 11:35 AM
ok, I feel a little less concerned now. I'll worry about this in mid june

roshea999
05-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Gotta finalize the ol' job contract before I worry about these tickets.

CRUSHsoccer15
05-09-2011, 10:42 AM
If you believe the email, 3 Day VIP tickets for Chicago almost sold out.

Single tickets available Friday. Single Day VIP upgrades also available, if you have bought a 3 day pass.

Crumbo
05-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Friday, July 8

Dave Matthews Band, O.A.R., Ray LaMontagne, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Amos Lee, Drive-By Truckers, Soulive, Soja, Daniel Lanois’ Black Dub, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Blind Pilot, Jeff Coffin’s Mu’tet, Gary Clark Jr., and Bobby Long

Saturday, July 9

Dave Matthews Band, Kid Cudi, Ben Folds, G. Love and Special Sauce, Liz Phair, Vieux Farka Toure, Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk, TR3, Bombino, and the Summer Camp Saturday Stage featuring artists who will also be appearing at this year’s Summer Camp Music Festival (http://www.summercampfestival.com/) plus a special performance by Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds

Sunday, July 10

Dave Matthews Band, David Gray, The Flaming Lips performing Dark Side of the Moon, Emmylou Harris, Michael Franti &Spearhead, Gomez, Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings, The Jayhawks, Mariachi El Bronx, Alberta Cross, The Wailers plus a special performance by Carter Beauford

CRUSHsoccer15
05-09-2011, 11:17 AM
It's solid throughout. They did a nice job.

Trout
05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
If you believe the email, 3 Day VIP tickets for Chicago almost sold out.

Single tickets available Friday. Single Day VIP upgrades also available, if you have bought a 3 day pass.

They scared me with that email. I bought the 3 day pass today.

strut24
05-13-2011, 04:52 PM

Im in on this idea as well if it can be organized

JWood
05-15-2011, 06:47 PM
For now, I'm only planning on hitting Night 3:

David Gray / Alberta Cross / Dave Matthews Band :rawk

We'll see if I add more, but currently I have planned seeing other bands over the summer (as of now):

Robert Plant & Band of Joy
Bon Iver
Glen Hansard
Kings of Leon

Caveat Emperor
05-15-2011, 11:49 PM
Kings of Leon

I had friends walk out of a show they did here in Cincinnati last year. Said it was one of the worst concerts they've ever been to.

ethaxton
06-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Booked the Holiday Inn at Chicago Mart Plaza (River North area)...used the Name your own price thing and got it for 100/night. Anyone familiar with the area? Seems like a good location. Can't fucking wait to go.

JWood
06-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Boooooo!!! They changed the night of Alberta Cross's set, they're playing Friday now.

dreemingtree41
06-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Booked the Holiday Inn at Chicago Mart Plaza (River North area)...used the Name your own price thing and got it for 100/night. Anyone familiar with the area? Seems like a good location. Can't fucking wait to go.

The Holiday Inn is west of Michigan Avenue right by the Merchandise Mart near the River. It's a good area by lots of bars and restaurants in the River North area.

I live in Chicago and I'm still not sure where exactly the venue is.

Crumbo
06-06-2011, 04:45 PM
87th and the lake basically

1t. Dan
06-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Hmm I really want to go to the whole thing.. but if I could only go 1 day it would be Sat (UM, Cudi, D&T, and other SCamp artists)

but Friday looks sick with Soulive and Dirty Dozen who I really would like to see.

But rright now I still don't have any place to stay. My friend who I was going to go with and stay at his place downtown just told me he is going on family vacation to Florida, and then my other friend who lives near Lincoln Park is going to Toronto that weekend too!

FUCK!!!!

CRUSHsoccer15
06-11-2011, 04:30 PM
D&T saves Saturday IMO. I might have only gone for DMB otherwise.

Different strokes...

1t. Dan
06-11-2011, 09:03 PM
D&T saves Saturday IMO. I might have only gone for DMB otherwise.

Different strokes...

seriously?

Umphrey's
G. Love (just came out with a new album called Fixin to Die, its awesome)
Cornmeal
Kid Cudi

alone are worth the price.

Crumbo
06-12-2011, 12:49 PM
G Love is awful

Tomacco
06-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Ben Folds is awesome. I'm pumped for Saturday.

ReturntoLettuce
06-12-2011, 12:52 PM
i agree but yonder, um, tr3, moe., dumpstaphunk, vieux farka toure, Ben folds...

that is a lot of good music.

1t. Dan
06-12-2011, 04:56 PM
G Love is awful

Not awful, but worth seeing at a fest I think.

eh to each their own

strut24
06-12-2011, 08:01 PM
87th and the lake basically

is this right? I thought it was between 79th and 83rd

mrpeters
06-14-2011, 08:56 AM
seriously?

Umphrey's
G. Love (just came out with a new album called Fixin to Die, its awesome)
Cornmeal
Kid Cudi

alone are worth the price.

i wouldn't pay more than $15 to see any of them

1t. Dan
06-14-2011, 11:18 AM
If you wouldn't pay more than $15 to see UM then you are literally crazy :lol

Caveat Emperor
06-14-2011, 09:01 PM

I'd pay $20 to see what they were all about, but probably not much more than that. I'm not familiar with their music.

mrpeters
06-15-2011, 07:59 AM

i've seen them several times

wouldn't pay

ethaxton
06-15-2011, 01:29 PM
I'd pay $20 to see what they were all about, but probably not much more than that. I'm not familiar with their music.

From my experience, you have to literally be shit faced stoned out of your mind to have a good time. No denying they are talented musicians, but I just don't think they make good music together. Then again I was never really into the Dead/Phish scene so if you like that style of music I'm sure you'll like them.

1t. Dan
06-16-2011, 09:51 AM
From my experience, you have to literally be shit faced stoned out of your mind to have a good time. No denying they are talented musicians, but I just don't think they make good music together. Then again I was never really into the Dead/Phish scene so if you like that style of music I'm sure you'll like them.

Uhm they're really not like the Dead at all.

Closer to Phish but not really like them a lot either.

And the first time I saw UM was 2008... I went on a whim to see them at the Pageant in STL. It was like $25 I think.

I was stone cold sober the entire time. The show blew my mind. You guys really don't know what you're missing. They are easily some of the most talented musicians out there today. The only people who have more talent would be those with P.H.D.'s in music/performance or possibly Bela Fleck or Victor Wooten.

Quit depriving yourselves of amazing music and just go see them.

Or check out their studio albums "Anchor Drops" and "Mantis" and you will be really surprised.

ethaxton
06-16-2011, 02:40 PM

And the first time I saw UM was 2008... I went on a whim to see them at the Pageant in STL. It was like $25 I think.

I was stone cold sober the entire time. The show blew my mind. You guys really don't know what you're missing. They are easily some of the most talented musicians out there today. The only people who have more talent would be those with P.H.D.'s in music/performance or possibly Bela Fleck or Victor Wooten.

Quit depriving yourselves of amazing music and just go see them.

Or check out their studio albums "Anchor Drops" and "Mantis" and you will be really surprised.

I've seen them three times, twice opening and once as the main act. They don't do anything for me. Obviously they aren't exactly similar to either of those bands but it's the same style of music.

Caveat Emperor
06-16-2011, 02:55 PM
I've seen them three times, twice opening and once as the main act. They don't do anything for me. Obviously they aren't exactly similar to either of those bands but it's the same style of music.

Shocking notion of the day: Different people like different music.

JWood
06-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Chicago Layout Artist Rending:

http://cbswxrt.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/dmb_caravan_site.jpg

http://wxrt.radio.com/2011/06/16/lakeside-layout-check-out-chicagos-dave-matthews-band-caravan-site/

JWood
06-17-2011, 12:52 PM

I wish they were like the Dead, I'd probably go see them more than 1-2 times a year if that were the case.

Shocking notion of the day: Different people like different music.
:nod

Huff
06-23-2011, 12:56 PM
got my ticket squared away...now bring on these shows!

MJA3488
06-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Where is everyone staying? Also will there be shuttles from the Hotels?

ethaxton
06-26-2011, 03:25 AM
Where is everyone staying? Also will there be shuttles from the Hotels?

Staying at the Holiday Inn at River Mart Plaza in the River-North area. Did a name your own price on priceline and got a room for $95/night. Too bad parking is like 35/day :lol

No clue about shuttles but I plan on driving there each day...got the premier parking pass.

MJA3488
06-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Staying at the Holiday Inn at River Mart Plaza in the River-North area. Did a name your own price on priceline and got a room for $95/night. Too bad parking is like 35/day :lol

No clue about shuttles but I plan on driving there each day...got the premier parking pass.

Im considering renting a car but it looks like traffic will be terrible - its one road really and 25 mins from downtown.

Koko the Monkey
06-27-2011, 12:28 PM
take the Metra electric line from Millennium Park down to 79th street

MJA3488
06-27-2011, 01:09 PM
take the Metra electric line from Millennium Park down to 79th street

Ok cool, thanks

CRUSHsoccer15
06-27-2011, 01:12 PM
ya, we're taking the train too. should be fine. more or less like going to a sox game.

MJA3488
06-27-2011, 01:18 PM
How late will it run after the show?

Koko the Monkey
06-27-2011, 02:18 PM
the last train leaves 79th and Chatham at 12:23am on Friday, Sat, and Sunday

train schedule here:
http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/me/schedule.full.html

if you're coming from downtown you would want to take it from the Millennium Station to the 79th, Chatham stop

Habbs
06-27-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm excited after the AC stop for this to get here, should be a great few days. Schedule posted this week I hope. I also think a 15 mile drive in might be a long ways from the hotel with all the traffic, I got the parking pass with the tickets so I hope the parking doesnt get too backed up and cause delays.

MJA3488
06-27-2011, 02:46 PM
the last train leaves 79th and Chatham at 12:23am on Friday, Sat, and Sunday

train schedule here:
http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/me/schedule.full.html

if you're coming from downtown you would want to take it from the Millennium Station to the 79th, Chatham stop

Awesome, thanks a lot

Huff
06-27-2011, 10:30 PM
time to bombard Stefan with the Typical Situation-->Blue Water tweets. This would be an excellent addition to the Chicago Caravan.

Caveat Emperor
06-28-2011, 07:20 AM
time to bombard Stefan with the Typical Situation-->Blue Water tweets. This would be an excellent addition to the Chicago Caravan.

I say bombard with the '04 songs: Crazy Easy, Sugar Will, Good Good Time, Joyride

All of those songs need to be played next weekend.

Huff
06-28-2011, 08:20 AM
I'd be happy with either, but I've been itching for a Typical Situation-->Blue Water combo for a long damn time.

And the Typical tease in Columbus last year (that painfully went into You & Me instead of continuing) made me want it even more :lol

ethaxton
06-28-2011, 09:43 AM
A full Typical into a full Blue Water would make the trip worth it alone.

Is anyone interested in a little tailgating? I am bringing my cornhole boards and will just be with one other buddy Fri and Sunday. Sat will have a couple others

Huff
06-28-2011, 10:03 AM
A full Typical into a full Blue Water would make the trip worth it alone.

Is anyone interested in a little tailgating? I am bringing my cornhole boards and will just be with one other buddy Fri and Sunday. Sat will have a couple others

:upyours

CRUSHsoccer15
06-28-2011, 03:22 PM
I floated this idea when it first was announced, but I'm still not opposed to getting a group of TDCers together to cut down on the chances of being surrounded by d-bags.

Crumbo
06-28-2011, 05:09 PM
I floated this idea when it first was announced, but I'm still not opposed to getting a group of TDCers together to cut down on the chances of being surrounded by d-bags.

if you/everyone decides to hang out by the sbd, let me know :)

bobblehedjesus
06-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Booked a hotel up in Schaumberg. Does anyone know the area that could tell me if its a pretty nice place? Long haul to Lakeside?

CRUSHsoccer15
06-28-2011, 08:19 PM

sounds like we just made our plan

omg lets make a tdc flag

Crumbo
06-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Booked a hotel up in Schaumberg. Does anyone know the area that could tell me if its a pretty nice place? Long haul to Lakeside?

Schaumburg is a nice area but it's at least an hour from the venue

Huff
06-28-2011, 09:45 PM

you don't want to start a moshpit with me?

Crumbo
06-28-2011, 10:08 PM
you don't want to start a moshpit with me?

only during d+t

Huff
06-29-2011, 07:14 AM
only during d+t

I was thinking more along the lines of doing it during OAR. For the surprise factor. Tim would see a moshpit, sling his acoustic into an amp and dive into the crowd to thrash like champion. OAR would hide. And play a crazy game of poker until the unrest subsides. And their fans would all leave giving us a clear shot at getting up against the stage.

See? I have an evil-genius plan.

bobblehedjesus
06-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Schaumburg is a nice area but it's at least an hour from the venue

Thanks for the reply. Thats gonna suck. Hour each way? Damnit!

deedisdone81
06-29-2011, 07:42 PM
I wasn't planning on going, but it may happen now . I need my dmb fix, so the saturday show looks perfect

Smokey the Bear
06-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Is anyone else planning on driving? We have 12 people staying in Roscoe Village (Northwest of downtown), so driving seems like the best option for us. My only worry is about the area, but if we stay with traffic I don't think it'll be a problem. It'll be nice to keep some food/booze in the car to save a little money.

strut24
06-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Im driving. I went ahead and grabbed VIP parking for all 3 nights

Smokey the Bear
06-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Im driving. I went ahead and grabbed VIP parking for all 3 nights

I wanted to do this, but couldn't find a way to do it after I purchased my tickets. Tried calling a couple times and they were no help

john3731
06-29-2011, 10:40 PM
if you buy the 3-day parking pass can you leave your car in the lot overnight? i emailed the warehouse a week ago and haven't heard back.

Crumbo
06-29-2011, 10:55 PM
no overnight parking

Huff
06-30-2011, 07:25 AM
no overnight parking

Even if there was, you'd probably come back to find it permanently parked up on blocks with no wheels. And no doors. No cd player. Etc.

1t. Dan
06-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Is anyone else planning on driving? We have 12 people staying in Roscoe Village (Northwest of downtown), so driving seems like the best option for us. My only worry is about the area, but if we stay with traffic I don't think it'll be a problem. It'll be nice to keep some food/booze in the car to save a little money.

I wasn't going to drive (especially since I have a brand new car) but it's going to suck having to pay top dollar for booze all day

ethaxton
06-30-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm driving also, will be in VIP parking. Black Infiniti FX 35 with Dallas Cowboys cornhole boards. Feel free to stop by and hang out.

ethaxton
06-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Made a flag for us to use to find each other easier

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8206/tdcm.jpg

Caveat Emperor
06-30-2011, 01:46 PM
I thought this was the official TDC Flag?

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7718/dmbs.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/dmbs.jpg/)

Mitch
06-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Made a flag for us to use to find each other easier

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8206/tdcm.jpg

:lol like the "no Mario"

can't wait for next week.

MJA3488
06-30-2011, 02:30 PM
If you have a Citi card and are going/want to go to the Chicago Caravan call - 1-800-233-8556

Free GA tix and VIP passes for all days.

JWood
06-30-2011, 04:10 PM
That is an amazing flag, temporary av change.

zmanzbo
06-30-2011, 04:16 PM
If you have a Citi card and are going/want to go to the Chicago Caravan call - 1-800-233-8556

Wow that's freaking nuts! By the time I saw this and called they only had Saturday and Sunday left. Got Friday, wasn't planning on going but now I am heading unless I can exchange them for Saturday or Sunday...

That was just too easy it doesn't seem real.

Thanks for the heads up!:beer

Caveat Emperor
06-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Cool for Citi customers -- though, as an Amex card holder, I'm kinda surprised they didn't have anything for these shows.

1t. Dan
06-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Wow that's freaking nuts! By the time I saw this and called they only had Saturday and Sunday left. Got Friday, wasn't planning on going but now I am heading unless I can exchange them for Saturday or Sunday...

wanna sell them to me? :)

Crumbo
06-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Cool for Citi customers -- though, as an Amex card holder, I'm kinda surprised they didn't have anything for these shows.

Citi is one of the sponsors

MJA3488
06-30-2011, 05:14 PM

No prob :rawk

strut24
06-30-2011, 05:27 PM

thanks for the heads up. just tried calling and had to leave a message. we'll see if they call back

zmanzbo
06-30-2011, 05:35 PM
thanks for the heads up. just tried calling and had to leave a message. we'll see if they call back

They pulled the webpage and info about it on the front of their site, think they are all gone. Hope you get some good news though!

CRUSHsoccer15
06-30-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm ready for a schedule.

zmanzbo
06-30-2011, 07:17 PM
No doubt.

Habbs
06-30-2011, 10:43 PM

It is long past due for them to put out the schedule now, I expect it tomorrow or I'll be disappointed.

Caveat Emperor
07-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Citi is one of the sponsors

Cool. Didn't know that. Pretty awesome deal.

ethaxton
07-01-2011, 04:38 AM
That is an amazing flag, temporary av change.
:upyours
It is long past due for them to put out the schedule now, I expect it tomorrow or I'll be disappointed.

Wasn't it about this time for AC? I am pretty much 100% expecting a schedule today too. Especially it being a holiday weekend.

MJA3488
07-01-2011, 08:59 AM
I called WH yesterday with a few Chicago questions, the girl I spoke with told me the schedule will be out "very very soon."

patsfan39
07-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Im very excited for these shows. Bought my tickets a few weeks ago from the warehouse, im a bit disappointed i could have gotten them below face on craigslist and other sites, but thats the way it is.

I have heard some good suggestions on travel using the metra rail, it seems to be cheap and will probably get the job done just fine.

Mitch
07-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I called WH yesterday with a few Chicago questions, the girl I spoke with told me the schedule will be out "very very soon."

:upyours Nice. Waiting for this too.

Caveat Emperor
07-01-2011, 03:49 PM

Any other interesting information from WH on your questions? It seems details on this show are pretty spartan, other than "show up here, at this time, and the doors will open."

Got my tickets & parking pass in the mail yesterday, though. I'm really looking forward to next weekend.

Huff
07-01-2011, 05:07 PM
I suppose we won't be finding out any kind of schedule until at least Tuesday, now. I don't see the WH coming in over a holiday weekend to upload a schedule. Kind of sucks. Finding out the schedule just a couple of days beforehand is pretty weak.

deedisdone81
07-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Just bought a ticket for Saturday, me and a buddy are driving up!

Tomacco
07-04-2011, 10:33 AM
This is in four days and we still don't have the lineup schedule. What the hell.

Indy
07-04-2011, 12:31 PM
This is in four days and we still don't have the lineup schedule. What the hell.

Yea I came here to see if I was missing something on the lack of schedule 4 days before. Jesus. I need to plan my Friday!

Huff
07-04-2011, 01:31 PM
I'd bet we'll get the schedule tomorrow (which is pretty piss-poor in and of itself, but better late than never)

1t. Dan
07-04-2011, 02:22 PM
i need to buy a ticketszzz

deedisdone81
07-04-2011, 05:43 PM
The only thing that sucks for those of us like myself who are just going to one day, is that once you are in, you can't leave.

CRUSHsoccer15
07-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Brett Dennen added on Friday.

ethaxton
07-05-2011, 08:35 AM
The only thing that sucks for those of us like myself who are just going to one day, is that once you are in, you can't leave.

Funny thing is, a 3day pass isn't much more than a 1 day pass. I bet with the money you could save by not buying shit inside the festival all day it would've been a wash if you caught a good deal on a 3dayer.

CRUSHsoccer15
07-05-2011, 09:31 AM
I don't plan on leaving once I'm in.

Not exactly anywhere I want to be in that area.

Caveat Emperor
07-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Funny thing is, a 3day pass isn't much more than a 1 day pass. I bet with the money you could save by not buying shit inside the festival all day it would've been a wash if you caught a good deal on a 3dayer.

I figure I'll be saving at least $40-$50 per day in beer alone by having a car & cooler I can run back out to during the breaks in the action.

The neighborhood might be crap, but as long as I can load up a car with booze and food to make runs, I figure the in-and-out will pay for itself.

bobblehedjesus
07-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I hope theres a serious over exaggeration of the whole neighborhood thing. I dont think its gonna be as bad as people are saying...

ethaxton
07-05-2011, 10:32 AM
I wonder where the VIP parking is though, hopefully it's pretty damn close to the entrance.

1t. Dan
07-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Any of you guys know of people/friends looking to get rid of 1 3-day GA pass?

IrishRed
07-05-2011, 10:49 AM
For what it's worth, my cousin is a Chicago police officer and that's his beat. He said police presence will be heavy during the festival. He said to avoid 87th and 79th streets as often as possible. That's the dangerous area. I'm coming from the south, and he told me to take 103rd over to Torrence, and head north on Torrece to 87th, and it's right there.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM SITE :

http://www.dmbcaravan.com/chicago-driving-directions/

Mitch
07-05-2011, 11:32 AM
The neighborhood might be crap, but as long as I can load up a car with booze and food to make runs, I figure the in-and-out will pay for itself.

I hope theres a serious over exaggeration of the whole neighborhood thing. I dont think its gonna be as bad as people are saying...

Yeah, from reading the article that was posted the other day, it seems that they are making a "secured" parking area out of some of all those acres of land there, so you are not going to be parking out in the surrounding neighborhood (unless you choose to for some reason). With that and the police presence, I think there will be a sufficient buffer b/w the whole parking/festival area and the surrounding area. And it's certainly not gonna matter at all once we're in the festival grounds.

For what it's worth, my cousin is a Chicago police officer and that's his beat. He said police presence will be heavy during the festival. He said to avoid 87th and 79th streets as often as possible. That's the dangerous area. I'm coming from the south, and he told me to take 103rd over to Torrence, and head north on Torrece to 87th, and it's right there.

:lol although this part is funny.

deedisdone81
07-05-2011, 12:05 PM
I had a free Marriott room, and all I could find with two rooms for free was at a courtyard in Itaska/Wood Dale. I know the metra train station is less than 1 mile from the hotel, but I wanted to know is there access from that to downtown to catch the red or blue line and then walk to the festival, or am I better off driving?

deedisdone81
07-05-2011, 12:06 PM

Yeah it would have been nice, but we could only get to 1 night./

Indy
07-05-2011, 12:11 PM

http://homicides.redeyechicago.com/date/2011/06/#homicide_link_824823

43 Murders in Chicago in June, check the locations on the map. I'll take the over on 50 murders in July. But yea, the police presence will be huge, any kind of incident will be a massive black eye for tourism. Nothing to be too concerned about.

As far as running in and out from the car, that is a massive pain in the ass. I'd rather make other arrangements for drinking in the venue and pay up for some food at the stands.

Caveat Emperor
07-05-2011, 12:36 PM
As far as running in and out from the car, that is a massive pain in the ass. I'd rather make other arrangements for drinking in the venue and pay up for some food at the stands.

It's a pain in the ass, but it's not like there won't be an hour or two of downtime at the shows (where no band is on stage that you've got any great desire to see). Plenty of time to run to the car for a few quick beers and some food.

CRUSHsoccer15
07-05-2011, 05:02 PM
alright. officially annoyed that the schedule isnt up.

bobblehedjesus
07-05-2011, 05:25 PM
alright. officially annoyed that the schedule isnt up.

Crazy. Wasnt the schedule for AC up a week prior? Im starting to wonder if they are even gonna release one.

CRUSHsoccer15
07-05-2011, 06:08 PM
If it was ready, they'd post it. So there must be some kind of hold up.

CRUSHsoccer15
07-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Between people freaking because they just realized the location and the schedule not being posted yet, this is entertaining reading: https://www.facebook.com/DMBCaravan?sk=wall&filter=1

Huff
07-05-2011, 06:26 PM
:lol

I would've bet money that we'd get the schedule today. Looks like the Caravan has a flat tire. Or maybe its wheels were stolen by the hoodrats.

MJA3488
07-05-2011, 06:52 PM
TR3 is going on at noon Saturday, per their Twitter.

deedisdone81
07-05-2011, 07:08 PM

Well, I hope I can get in early enough for them. Does anyone know how easy or hard it was getting in the gates at atlantic city? I mean, I remember going to lollapalooza a few years back and it took an hour to get in with how many people were cramming in the entrance at once. Also, coming from Itaska/Wood Dale, should I drive or take the train?

Mitch
07-05-2011, 07:16 PM
:lol

I would've bet money that we'd get the schedule today. Looks like the Caravan has a flat tire. Or maybe its wheels were stolen by the hoodrats.

wow, yeah. I mean, I don't need a schedule until Friday morning I guess, but I would like to see one!

Billy'sTV
07-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Site photos: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100762531971735.3088635.12403626&l=f8c2264e33

deedisdone81
07-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Site photos: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100762531971735.3088635.12403626&l=f8c2264e33

Maybe I need to purchase a bullet proof vest.

Caveat Emperor
07-05-2011, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't want to live there, but I'm not going for the awesome aesthetics. 20K people makes it difficult for the hoodlums to really do much of anything.

deedisdone81
07-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Didn't the band play near the ghetto in Jersey each year, where peoples cars get broken into?

CRUSHsoccer15
07-05-2011, 08:55 PM

Doors don't open till 1, so I'd say that's incorrect.

MJA3488
07-05-2011, 09:01 PM

Remember they added YMSB/Moe/Umphreys.

Just repeating the tweet:

TimReynoldsTR3 Tim Reynolds
TR3 featuring Tim Reynolds has a show coming up on 07/09/2011 at 12:00 PM @ Lakeside in Chicago, IL http://soc.li/yjpVh8W

deedisdone81
07-05-2011, 09:18 PM

It says doors/gates open at 11am

Crumbo
07-05-2011, 09:20 PM
It says doors/gates open at 11am

lots at 11am

gates at 1pm

deedisdone81
07-05-2011, 09:21 PM
lots at 11am

gates at 1pm

Oh, sweet, that gives me enough time to drive/take the train from the hotel.

What do you think, should I drive from the hotel, or take the metra? Coming from Itaska/Wooddale

Crumbo
07-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Oh, sweet, that gives me enough time to drive/take the train from the hotel.

What do you think, should I drive from the hotel, or take the metra? Coming from Itaska/Wooddale

it depends on when you want to leave when driving

saturday is gonna be a mess getting to the venue via car

train downtown walk to millenium station?

deedisdone81
07-05-2011, 09:25 PM
it depends on when you want to leave when driving

saturday is gonna be a mess getting to the venue via car

train downtown walk to millenium station?

I'm not from Chicago, so I was just asking what is the best route. Sounds like the train, how far a walk is it from the millenium station?

Crumbo
07-05-2011, 09:27 PM
I'm not from Chicago, so I was just asking what is the best route. Sounds like the train, how far a walk is it from the millenium station?

no idea, sorry

deedisdone81
07-05-2011, 09:30 PM
I've heard that since its not the safest area to be walking, say to and from the train station, driving might be the best bet even if its congested. I'll probably just deal with the traffic,

Crumbo
07-05-2011, 09:31 PM
give yourself at least 90 minutes

deedisdone81
07-05-2011, 09:37 PM
give yourself at least 90 minutes

thanks man. Seems like the consensus is that driving is the safest, but taking the train might be the most efficient.

CRUSHsoccer15
07-05-2011, 10:16 PM
we're taking the train. it's 4 blocks, there will be a ton of ppl making that walk.

spoke.
07-05-2011, 10:26 PM
From downtown, the closest public transportation to and from is the Metra Electirc line. It will pick you up at the Millennium Park station (by the Bean) and will drop you off a few blocks from the festival on 87th street. It will cost you about $3.50 each way. You can buy a weekend pass for $7 that is unlimited rides on Saturday and Sunday.

deedisdone81
07-05-2011, 10:37 PM
From downtown, the closest public transportation to and from is the Metra Electirc line. It will pick you up at the Millennium Park station (by the Bean) and will drop you off a few blocks from the festival on 87th street. It will cost you about $3.50 each way. You can buy a weekend pass for $7 that is unlimited rides on Saturday and Sunday.

Sweet, I may just do that

CRUSHsoccer15
07-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Sweet, I may just do that
that is our plan.

deedisdone81
07-05-2011, 11:48 PM
So for someone like me who is not from Chicago, do I take the Metra to Union Station, then catch another train to the shuttle stop?

Caveat Emperor
07-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Schedule is up: http://www.dmbcaravan.com/chicago-schedule/

dancetheham
07-06-2011, 12:28 AM
So even though the LiveNation email from today (yesterday technically) still mentioned a "special performance by Carter Beauford" on Sunday, there's nothing on the schedule about it. I wonder if he's going to be playing with the Grace Apostolic Church Choir that they've added on Sunday? :lol

deedisdone81
07-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Schedule is up: http://www.dmbcaravan.com/chicago-schedule/

Shitty that Dave and Tim and DMB are on opposite stages. Looks Like I'm going to see the Dave and Tim show, and then get over to the main stage for a nice view for DMB.

Mike VDH
07-06-2011, 03:02 AM
Here's the schedule without having to scroll and look at images.

FRIDAY
Slip Stage
1:30-2:15: Bobby Long
2:45-3:30: Alberta Cross
4-4:45: Dirty Dozen Brass Band
5:15-6: Soulive
7-8: Drive By Truckers

Lakeside Stage
2:15-3: Blind Pilot
3:45-4:30: Daniel Lanois' Black Dub
5:15-6: Soja
7-8: O.A.R.

South Works Stage
1:45-2:30: Gary Clarke Jr.
3-4: Amos Lee
4:30-5:30: Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
6-7: Ray Lamontagne
8:05-11: Dave Matthews Band

SATURDAY
Slip Stage
1:45-2:30: Cornmeal
3-4: Yonder Mountain String Band
4:45-6: .moe
6:45-8: Umphrey's McGee

Lakeside Stage
1:30-2:15: Bombimo
2:45-3: Vieux Farka Toure
4-4:45: Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
5:30-6:15: G. Love & Special Sauce
7-8: Kid Cudi

South Works Stage
1:45-2:30 TR3
3:15-4: Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk
4:45-5:30 Liz Phair
6-7: Ben Folds
8:05-11: Dave Matthews Band

SUNDAY
Slip Stage
1:45-2:30: Jeff Coffin Mu'Tet
3-4: Emmylou Harris
4:30-5:30 Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
6-7: Michael Franti & Spearhead

Lakeside Stage
1:30-2:15: Grace Apostolic Church Choir
2:45-3:45: The Jayhawks
4:15-5: Mariachi El Bronx
5:45-7: The Flaming Lips (Dark Side Of The Moon)

South Works Stage
2-2:45: The Wailers
3:15-4:15: Gomez
4:45-5:45: David Gray
7:05-10: Dave Matthews Band

NOT ON SCHEDULE: Brett Dennen (Friday), and the special Carter and Stefan performances

Mitch
07-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Nice. Not much overlap b/w bands I want to see, other than YMSB and Dumpstaphunk on Saturday.

Drive by Truckers over OAR is a very easy call on Friday night.

CRUSHsoccer15
07-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Glad OAR are somewhere different right before DMB. I'll probably just stay at the main stage after Ray.

Tomacco
07-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Schedule's great, suits my plan just fine. I'll be seeing several bands, really excited.

Daniel Lanois
Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
Ray Lamontagne
Dave & Tim
Ben Folds
Gomez
David Gray
DMB
Flaming Lips

Smokey the Bear
07-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Glad OAR are somewhere different right before DMB. I'll probably just stay at the main stage after Ray.

This was my plan, but I really want to see DBT :rant

CRUSHsoccer15
07-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Glad D&T aren't until 4 on Saturday.

ethaxton
07-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Nice. Schedule works out nice.

ethaxton
07-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Sucks that it goes David Gray on main stage til 545, then Flaming Lips on a different stage and then back to main stage for DMB on Sunday.

Smokey the Bear
07-06-2011, 07:47 AM
It's nice that I don't have any must-see bands midday on most days...those should be great times for relaxing, walking from stage-to-stage and trying out some new music

MJA3488
07-06-2011, 08:33 AM
So for someone like me who is not from Chicago, do I take the Metra to Union Station, then catch another train to the shuttle stop?

Just sent you a PM from a boarder who is having some trouble posting. He gave detailed info on what you should do. Pretty fantastic.

JWood
07-06-2011, 08:55 AM
My Plan for Friday:

Gary Clarke Jr.
Alberta Cross
Amos Lee (catch the rest of the set after AX finishes)
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Ray LaMontagne
Dave Matthews Band

I plan on trying to get "close" to the stage Friday since I'll want to go watch Umphrey's on Saturday

CRUSHsoccer15
07-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Who else is pumped to see this dude? Dicked around YouTube with some of the lineup today. Digging this.

9Si3_TSw2wQ

I encourage you all to get there early on Friday to check out Gary Clark Jr.

CRUSHsoccer15
07-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Just sent you a PM from a boarder who is having some trouble posting. He gave detailed info on what you should do. Pretty fantastic.

can you post it in thread?

deedisdone81
07-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Well for Saturdays show I think I'll take in some music here and there, and catch the Dave and Tim full set then head over to get a halfway decent spot for DMB. Hopefully we can get somewhat close.

CRUSHsoccer15
07-06-2011, 12:57 PM
yeah. d&t the only thing i'm interested in on saturday. glad they are a little later than AC.

MJA3488
07-06-2011, 01:25 PM
can you post it in thread?

Yeah here it is -

Itasca is on a Metra line (the Milwakee District West line). I don't know how
near the station is to your hotel (since I don't know your hotel).
The MD-West line goes to Union Station. That is a little over a mile west
of the Metra Electric line which goes down to the concert venue. If you
wanted to do that transfer, the nearest ME station is at Van Buren,
not Millennium Park. To get there, exit Union Station through the Jackson
exit. Walk east (look for the river, go across it) until you hit Michigan Avenue.
Do not cross Michigan. Then turn right and look for a stairway going down
under the sidewalk with "Metra Electric" written on it about a block
south of there. Follow the tunnel
to the station. Board a SOUTH CHICAGO train to 87th Street/South Chicago.
Caution: there is also an 87th/Woodruff station. If you get there, you
are on the wrong train, turn around and go back.
(Do NOT board a "South Shore" train.)

On Friday, you will have to pay separate fares for each train.
But on Saturday and Sunday, you can buy an unlimited ride Metra Weekend Pass
that is good on both lines.

Getting back, however, will be a problem. The last train out of Union Station
is at 12:40 a.m. You will not make it if you take the 12:12 train from 87th
Street and you may have to rush to Union Station in a cab if you take the 11:12 pm
train.

I would actually not advise taking Metra to Union Station because of the return
train problem and because of infrequent schedules. Here is what I would advise:

1) Your hotel is in the vicinity of O'Hare Airport. If it has a 24 hour shuttle to O'Hare,
take the shuttle to O'Hare. At O'Hare follow the signs that say "Trains to City."
They will lead you downstairs to the CTA Blue Line 'L' station. The CTA is a completely
separate mass transit agency from Metra that operates its own system of trains
called the 'L' (not the El). Metra tickets are not good on CTA or vice versa.
If you're lost, just ask anyone where the CTA train station is. Everyone knows.

When you get to the station, look for the Transit Card vending machines (there
are 6 of them). Press "Buy Card," insert $4.50 (or more) into the slot, press "Vend."
A card will pop out. Note: No change is provided. $4.50 is enough for roundtrip
fare.

Then go to the gate, insert the card, it will pop back out, take it out of the slot, and
DON'T LOSE IT.

Go downstairs. Just follow everyone to the next train and ride until Washington
Street. Go out the north (Randolph Street) exit, and turn right (east) on Randolph
Street 3 blocks to Michigan Avenue. On the corner you will see a stairway going
down. Just follow that to the Metra Electric (NOT South Shore) station.

2) You said you can drive? If so, ask at the hotel for directions to I-90 (the Kennedy
Expressway). Follow I-90 to Cumberland and take the south exit. Immediately on
your right will be a large CTA parking garage. Park there (I think it's $3 or $4).
Then follow the signs to the Cumberland 'L' station. Follow directions given above
for how to buy a Transit Card and then board a train that says "Forest Park"
(NOT "O'hare") and follow the instructions in step 1.

3) If neither of the above are applicable, ask the front desk to call you a cab. Take
the cab to the Rosemont CTA station (I-90 and River Road). The follow the above
instructions to board an 'L' train downtown. On the way back, there are always
cabs waiting at the Rosemont station. If not, call Rosemont Cab Company at
(847) 827-0110.

There is going to be a shuttle from the 87th Street/South Chicago station.
People are going to be disappointed to learn that it will just be an ordinary CTA bus,
charging ordinary CTA fares.

It may not be worth your trouble to take the shuttle. It's only a few blocks. I guess
it depends on where the entrance to the grounds is going to be. The whole grounds
are almost a mile long!

But if you want to take the shuttle then: If you took the CTA Blue Line 'L' to get
downtown, you should still have your Transit Card in your possession. Instead
of getting a $4.50 Transit Card, you will need to buy a $4.75 (or more) Transit Card --
keep this in mind when buying at the 'L' station. You can use the Transit Card to
pay for the shuttle if it's been less than 2 hours since you first boarded the 'L'.
If it's been more than 2 hours or you don't have a Transit Card, be prepared to
insert $2.25 (exact change only) into the bus's farebox. (Cash fares on the CTA
buses are $2.25, Transit Card fares are $2.)

It's going to be a long ride either way. Remember if you choose to drive, that
probably about 20,000 of the 30,000 cars trying to all exit at the same time
over an unpaved parking area will probably have drivers who've had a few too
many beers -- don't be one of them.

Here is a list of stations on the Blue Line 'L' to help you keep track of where you
are:
http://www.transitchicago.com/blueline/
Remember, you'll be getting off at WASHINGTON downtown.

ethaxton
07-06-2011, 02:14 PM
That was pretty fucking confusing, mostly because I've never been to Chicago I guess. Hopefully there isn't 20k cars either. Maybe no more than 10k cars considering ticket sales and public transportation.

Cortez 4
07-06-2011, 04:09 PM

How late does that train run?

Indy
07-06-2011, 04:18 PM
How late does that train run?

metrarail.com

chicagotransit.com

These will help you regardless of location.

Or you can use google maps and click the train, and it works wonders.

ethaxton
07-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Anyone interested in a premier parking pass for Saturday? Found a party bus to take that day and won't be needing the pass.

Crumbo
07-06-2011, 04:40 PM
venue map

http://web.davematthewsband.com/lakeside/lakeside_map.jpg

Cortez 4
07-06-2011, 04:41 PM
metrarail.com

chicagotransit.com

These will help you regardless of location.

Or you can use google maps and click the train, and it works wonders.

According to metra rail, that line only runs until around 7:30ish pm. Just a heads up that you may be looking for a cab back to the loop after the show if you take the train there.

lizconley
07-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Pretty excited about this! Hoping/expecting that there will be plenty of cabs around the site afterward?

CRUSHsoccer15
07-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Pretty excited about this! Hoping/expecting that there will be plenty of cabs around the site afterward?

I doubt there will be any. Seriously.

Smokey the Bear
07-06-2011, 08:11 PM
I doubt there will be any. Seriously.

Agreed, cabs don't venture anywhere near this area. Following everyone else to the Metra or the L is going to be your best bet.

dmbftp
07-06-2011, 08:14 PM
venue map

http://web.davematthewsband.com/lakeside/lakeside_map.jpg

Wow, VIP looks really far away.

Oh, and there are no named streets this time

Mike VDH
07-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Agreed, cabs don't venture anywhere near this area. Following everyone else to the Metra or the L is going to be your best bet.

I am 99% sure the cabbies will know there is a huge event down there and will be there in plenty.

lizconley
07-06-2011, 08:29 PM

Perhaps. Was thinking they might venture there considering the nature of the event. Getting out of there is going to be a pain. Think many people will be taking the L back?

ethaxton
07-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Wow, VIP looks really far away.

Oh, and there are no named streets this time

I believe that's the VIP lounge area and not where VIP area is for the show.

Koko the Monkey
07-06-2011, 09:47 PM
I put together this little cheat sheet for the people taking the Metra back to the loop from 87th
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8196/dmbchicaravan01.jpg

CRUSHsoccer15
07-06-2011, 10:37 PM
We are doing Metra. L as a backup if we miss the 11:12 or whatever it is.

MJA3488
07-07-2011, 08:38 AM
According to metra rail, that line only runs until around 7:30ish pm. Just a heads up that you may be looking for a cab back to the loop after the show if you take the train there.

From the same guy who's been lending a hand -

The last Metra trains coming back from the venue on Friday and Saturday night are at 11:12 pm and 12:12 am. (Note that a Weekend Pass can be used on the 12:12 am train Friday night since it's really Saturday morning.)
The last Sunday night train is at 11:52 pm.

Smokey the Bear
07-07-2011, 11:17 AM
One day out, time for some set picks:

The Stone
Seven
One Sweet World
Proudest Monkey
Satellite
Hello Again
Captain
Crush
Funny the Way It Is
The Maker *
So Damn Lucky *
Corn Bread
Black Jack
Jimi Thing +
Good Times Bad Times
Don't Drink the Water
------------------------
Whiter Shade of Pale
Granny
Sweet Home Chicago

* Daniel Lanois
+ Eric Krasno or Dirty Dozen Brass Band Horns

Koko the Monkey
07-07-2011, 11:22 AM
cheat sheet for your way there. No transfers needed

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9759/dmbcaravanto1.jpg

1t. Dan
07-07-2011, 11:34 AM
wooo can't wait for tomorrow!

Finally got my ticket!

Gonna get lost as fuck trying to take public transportation!!!

CRUSHsoccer15
07-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Yep, gotta think we'll get some Krasno/Lanois guesting. Never know with these guys though.

CRUSHsoccer15
07-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Is Friday the only day with potential guests?

I guess maybe Emmylou on Sunday?

CRUSHsoccer15
07-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Ready to get there so we don't have to talk/read/worry about the location anymore.

lizconley
07-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Ready to get there so we don't have to talk/read/worry about the location anymore.

Ha, same!

simbro
07-08-2011, 07:43 AM
just decided at the last minute to go to the sunday show. wanted to go to saturday, but couldn't do it, so it will be fun to at least get to one of them

Trout
07-08-2011, 07:48 AM
If i want to punch an address or intersection into my gps for this place, what would it be?

deedisdone81
07-08-2011, 07:28 PM
wooo can't wait for tomorrow!

Finally got my ticket!

Gonna get lost as fuck trying to take public transportation!!!

I will be too, but I have an excuse, Im from out of town!

1t. Dan
07-09-2011, 02:14 AM
Gonna check out cornmeal first thing. Ahhh bluegrass!!!

ThememanXX
07-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Gonna check out cornmeal first thing. Ahhh bluegrass!!!

:upyours:nod

cwfgocats
07-11-2011, 08:45 PM
I posted this in the DMBc forum, but I thought I would give it a shot here.

Upon checking in at the Red Roof in on Ontario St for the Caravan in Chicago, I accidentally left a spindle of 80 cds at the front desk on Friday. I didn't realize they were missing until I packed up to head home today. So, I call the Red Roof and they said that someone picked up the cds shortly after they were left behind on Friday. Is there any chance a fellow fan who was staying at the Red Roof could help me out?

Any help would be much, much appreciated.

ethaxton
07-12-2011, 11:06 AM
http://www.dmbcaravan.com/chicago-photo-fri/

shadowraven
03-22-2012, 02:56 PM
kinda sad I missed this stand. Looks like it was some good sets.

dmbtx
05-16-2012, 07:02 PM
93.1 WXRT in Chicago is playing N3 on Sunday, I'm not savvy enough to know how to record it. Maybe someone on here can try to record it.

DMB Caravan Live: Sunday Night Concert

One of Chicago’s most memorable music events of last year was Dave Matthews Band’s Caravan, which took place last July on Chicago’s south shore at “Lakeside.” Among the many highlights was the set performed by the Dave Matthews Band on the third and final night of the festival. Tune in this week for a first- run, 2-hour Sunday Night Concert Special recorded “live” on July10th. 7:30pm-9:30pm

sean52692
05-16-2012, 07:03 PM
awesome, hope it's the full thing.