PDA

View Full Version : Jones Beach l June 12-13, 2012 l Wantagh, NY

BigVodka
03-08-2012, 10:55 AM
My first time to this venue. It lives as legend in my head after the getting the tape of the 97 show. just a week after my first. and hearing the thunderstorms approach during two step. (maybe I'm getting years mixed up)

anyway, I'm psyched.

Fitz and the Tantrums are great as well

Whats the scene like in terms of parking lot and security?

Mitch
03-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Jones Beach is a great venue right on the water. Beautiful and pretty intimate. I've seen 2 of my overall favorite DMB shows there, 9.3.95 and 6.10.97.

I will start with the one negative: they do not sell beer in the venue, being that it is within a state park. The only way to get booze is in the VIP area, which you need a special ticket or VIP pass for (if you can come across one of those, it may be worth it to you).

The tailgating scene is very good. There are 2 huge, free parking lots (plus a 3rd smaller VIP lot for $). Security is pretty cool there as long as you're not stupid-- drink your beers in colored plastic cups and don't act like an ass.

If you are driving to the Island for these weekday shows, keep traffic in mind b/c it will likely be bad depending on what time you hit the area.

You will definitely enjoy it. :upyours

BigVodka
03-08-2012, 12:39 PM
great! thanks for the info. glad to hear that about the parking lots.

that 95 show looks great. 41 police. I loved those Jimi jams they were doing with David Ryan Harris.

MaLaKaS
03-08-2012, 10:30 PM
I just wish It wasn't do close to the SPAC dates. I have tickets to SPAC shows do far, but I may add Jones Beach depending on how the tour goes and the new songs sound. I've never been to Jones Beach, but I've always wanted to check out this venue.

Mitch
06-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Anyone else hitting up Jones Beach other than me and BigVodka??