PDA

View Full Version : Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood | Atlanta, GA | Saturday, May 24, 2014 (Memorial Day Weekend)

BeaufordBuddy
04-06-2014, 01:26 PM
http://media.livenation.com/venues/14086/14086-detail-65971.png?1374689783

Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood

Saturday, May 24, 2014
Atlanta, GA

http://stoutdesign.com/assets/projects/31/large/20090514-IMG_3939.jpg?1275517179

http://seatingchartview.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Aarons-Amphitheatre-at-Lakewood.jpg

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r604/lucyelenore/KC%20M5%20honda%20civic%20tour/atlanta2_zps5f917996.jpg

http://dmbalmanac.com/venuetdd/1018.jpg

Venue Information

Directions

By Automobile: Take I-75/85 to the Langford Freeway East Exit. Follow signs to the Amphitheatre.

Please note, MARTA shuttles no longer run to the venue. The #42 MARTA bus route runs along Pryor Road. Please contact MARTA for schedules at www.itsmarta.com.

VIP Parking lot GPS address: 1941 Pryor Rd. Atlanta, GA 30315
General Parking GPS address: 2002 Lakewood Ave. Atlanta, GA 30315

Parking

VIP Premier Parking (up close to entrance) is available to purchase for most shows. Please check the online listings. Upgrade to VIP parking available at the Pryor Rd. entrance for most shows.

General Parking is available for all shows and is included in the ticket price for most shows.

There are approximately 6,000 parking spaces available. Parking lot opening times do vary. Typically lots open two hours prior to the show time. Please check with the venue regarding any questions.

Please remove your valuables from plain site, close windows, and lock doors before proceeding to the venue. Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood is not responsible for lost or stolen property.

Public Transportation

MARTA shuttles no longer run to the venue. The #42 MARTA bus route runs along Pryor Road. Please contact MARTA for schedules at www.itsmarta.com.

Box Office Numbers

404-443-5090 - General Information

Box Office Hours

During the Amphitheatre season from late April until the end of August, the Pryor Road box office will be open on Tuesdays and Fridays from 12noon until 5pm.

Types of Payment Accepted

Cash, Visa, Mastercard, & AMEX

Will Call

Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood is very unique. We have TWO (2) box offices at our venue; they are the “Lakewood” box office and “Pryor” box office. You may pick up your Ticketmaster will call from either location.

All other will call must be picked up from the LAKEWOOD box office.

The LAKEWOOD box office is located on the east side of the venue off of Lakewood Avenue. This is the gravel parking lot.

The box office opens 90 minutes prior to showtime.

PLEASE BRING A PICTURE ID, THE ACTUAL CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE THE TICKETS, AND YOUR ORDER NUMBER

Accessible Seating

This venue is accessible. There is accessible seating in the reserved seated sections located in the front of sections 201, 206, and 207. There is lawn accessible seating with a ramp and landing space for wheelchairs.

General Rules

Camera Policy

Personal cameras are allowed in the venue. Flash photography, video and removable lens cameras are not permitted without venue approval.
Please note, some artists will not allow any cameras. We will do our best to share this information in advance via our Facebook page. You may also call the main line at the venue on the show day to check for specific show information.

NO Umbrellas. Events go on as scheduled, rain or shine.

NO Backpacks. All bags are subject to search.

Shoes are required.

NO Re-entry Allowed.

NO Food Or Beverages Prepared Off Premises, however patrons may bring one factory sealed bottle of water per person, up to one liter. Empty water bottles may also be brought in. Concessions available at venue. We offer typical even concessions: popcorn, hotdogs, fries, burgers, chicken tenders, and an array of beverages. All of our meat food items have either Certified Humane, Global Animal Partnership, or Animal Welfare Approved certification and our produce is sourced from local farms. We also offer a few vegetarian items.

Certain shows may restrict all beer and wine sales at that performers request. Note the clock in the concession stand indicates the time that the sale of alcoholic beverages is scheduled to be discontinued. Certain shows require that all beverages be poured into a cup.

Lawn chairs may be brought in for select shows. Approved lawn chairs must be low-profile beach chair style with legs no more than nine inches off of the ground. Lawn chairs may also be rented at the venue for $5 for select events. Lawn chair admittance policy may change from show to show. We will do our best to share this information in advance via our Facebook page. You may also call the main line at the venue on the show day to check for specific show information.

Blankets are allowed for most shows, but not all. Check our Facebook page for the most up to date information on our show specific Fan Advisory.

Patrons may bring one factory sealed bottle of water per person, up to one liter. Empty water bottles may also be brought in.

Prohibited Items

Food, glass bottles, fireworks, audio recorders, alcoholic beverages, umbrellas, weapons of any kind, projectiles, lasers, tablets, coolers, and strollers.

Children Rules

Children are Welcome.
Everyone over 2 MUST have a ticket.

Miscellaneous

Situated on 75 lush, wooded acres, the venue features 4000 reserved seats under a pavilion roof, 3000 reserved starlight seats and a gently sloping lawn with plenty of room for 12,000 fans to stretch out under the stars.

Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood makes concert-going easy and fun. Located just 3.8 miles south of downtown Atlanta and 3.5 miles from Hartsfield Airport, Aaron's Amphitheatre is easily accessible either by MARTA or automobile.
This is an outdoor amphitheatre. All seats are subject to weather conditions.

Specific event information will be shared via our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/aaronsamphitheatreatlakewood and Fan Advisory emails. You may also call the venue at 404-443-5000 on the day of the show for updates or questions.
Opening Act

None

Seating Chart

http://davematthewsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Dave-Matthews-Band-Aarons-Amphitheatre-Lakewood-Atlanta-Seating-Chart1.jpg
Past Performances

14 Shows - http://www.dmbalmanac.com/VenueStats.aspx?vid=1018

Most Played Songs

Ants Marching and Jimi Thing (both played 10 times each)

Guest Appearances

Herbie Hancock (1)
David Ryan Harris (2)
Trey Anastasio (1)
Jeff Coffin (4)
Bela Fleck (1)
Futureman (1)
Warren Haynes (1)

BeaufordBuddy
04-06-2014, 01:29 PM
I'm so stoked that this is on Memorial Day weekend. I can't remember the last time I saw DMB on a weekend. And it should be before Georgia gets ball sweating humid. Can't wait.

ThememanXX
04-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Scranton was on Memorial Day week/weekend the last few years and it was ball sweating humid both times. Good luck!

cryfreedom09
04-07-2014, 10:20 PM
I'm so ready for this show to be here. Can't wait for the two set layout. Remember my first dmb show at lakewood in 1998 like it was yesterday. Pretty cool to get Herbie Hancock guesting at your first show.

Jonas
04-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Cant wait, a saturday show at home! Finally!

Garntd
04-30-2014, 08:41 AM
Just got accepted to do Reverb volunteering for this show. can't wait

BeaufordBuddy
04-30-2014, 07:07 PM
Just got accepted to do Reverb volunteering for this show. can't wait

:upyours Awesome man!

Garntd
05-01-2014, 08:39 AM
Thanks. Funds are low so I'm just doing Reverb this summer for shows I want to go to. It just happened to work out that I'm working in ATL this summer and had to head up there that weekend anyways.

Jonas
05-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Great now I gotta worry about running in to you and Ryan?

usfice6
05-08-2014, 08:57 AM
I'm in for this one.

BeaufordBuddy
05-08-2014, 03:17 PM
I'm excited because I'll get to go backstage again and see first hand the new changes to Carter's kit. Henry, Carter's drum tech, is going to their warehouse this weekend to piece together the acoustic kit that Carter will play during the first set. I'm really anxious to see how this new format is going to play out.

ThememanXX
05-09-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm excited because I'll get to go backstage again and see first hand the new changes to Carter's kit. Henry, Carter's drum tech, is going to their warehouse this weekend to piece together the acoustic kit that Carter will play during the first set. I'm really anxious to see how this new format is going to play out.

That's certainly extra exciting....I look forward to hearing all of the details!

Jayes
05-09-2014, 12:36 PM

Can you find out if the kit travels all put together or comes in pieces? How much backup percussion gear do they travel with? Also interested to know what kind of stage snake they use and what kind of connectors

BeaufordBuddy
05-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Can you find out if the kit travels all put together or comes in pieces? How much backup percussion gear do they travel with? Also interested to know what kind of stage snake they use and what kind of connectors

The kit doesn't travel completely assembled obviously but the drums and cymbals are put in cases and some of the rack pieces stay assembled. I'll ask about the spare percussion equipment on hand and about the stage snake and connectors.

cryfreedom09
05-10-2014, 10:12 PM

Holy crap that's awesome. Can't wait to see his acoustic setup.

Matthew Stafford
05-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Anyone have any tickets to sell? this kind of snuck up on me. Would hate for this to be the first show I haven't seen with them in ATL ever.

Jayes
05-11-2014, 09:01 AM
The kit doesn't travel completely assembled obviously but the drums and cymbals are put in cases and some of the rack pieces stay assembled. I'll ask about the spare percussion equipment on hand and about the stage snake and connectors.

Well, Ive worked a handful of shows now where the drum kit comes off the truck fully assembled minus cymbals. Figured they were a big enough operation that they might just have it assembled on the riser in the trailer and roll it into place

BeaufordBuddy
05-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Well, Ive worked a handful of shows now where the drum kit comes off the truck fully assembled minus cymbals. Figured they were a big enough operation that they might just have it assembled on the riser in the trailer and roll it into place

Henry and a couple others from the crew assemble Carter's kit for each gig. I have photos of the kit in the process of being assembled. They have it down to a science at this point. Henry uses tape and memory clamps to mark the position of certain booms, tom holders, and the various clamps to help aide in the ease of setup.

Oh and my tickets arrived today!

Jayes
05-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Henry and a couple others from the crew assemble Carter's kit for each gig. I have photos of the kit in the process of being assembled. They have it down to a science at this point. Henry uses tape and memory clamps to mark the position of certain booms, tom holders, and the various clamps to help aide in the ease of setup. Oh and my tickets arrived today!

Sweet! Cant wait to hear your report :upyours

RageATL
05-12-2014, 09:15 PM
My tickets arrived today too. I'm super stoked to see/hear the new format but not remotely excited about the show being on MD weekend...I like to be out of town on holiday weekends and posting up somewhere to avoid all of the madness, cops, roadblocks, etc.

I also wouldn't mind another two-night stand at Verizon Amphitheatre in Alpharetta like the spring '09 tour cuz in addition to being in a rough part of town, the sound at Lakehood is awful.

Jonas
05-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know of anyone selling lawn tickets? I need 1, but could use 3. Only really care about 1 of the people though lol.

Dubs
05-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Does anyone know of anyone selling lawn tickets? I need 1, but could use 3. Only really care about 1 of the people though lol.

I might have an extra. Depends if my brother backs out or not.

Jonas
05-13-2014, 02:20 PM
I might have an extra. Depends if my brother backs out or not.

Twix has to make it man.

Dubs
05-14-2014, 12:17 AM
Twix has to make it man.

Can't believe you remember him, let alone the nickname you gave him. :lol :upyours

Jonas
05-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Can't believe you remember him, let alone the nickname you gave him. :lol :upyours

Twix is the fn man.

MaLaKaS
05-14-2014, 08:31 PM
That scone great nickname.

Matthew Stafford
05-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Some tickets dropping on TM this afternoon. Just bought 205 BB. Still a few pairs left.

Jonas
05-21-2014, 09:59 AM
If anyone has access to a lawn ticket please let me know, I've got someone who wants to go.

Jonas
05-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Still looking for some tickets if anyone has any.

MaLaKaS
05-23-2014, 10:28 AM
Still looking for some tickets if anyone has any.

There were some for sale on the Warehouse boards yesterday.

Jonas
05-23-2014, 10:57 AM
There were some for sale on the Warehouse boards yesterday.

I'm not a member any more :-\

MaLaKaS
05-23-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm not a member any more :-\

Do you have a preference of seat location or will any pair work? There are 205 UU & 203 FF pairs available.

Jonas
05-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Do you have a preference of seat location or will any pair work? There are 205 UU & 203 FF pairs available.

He just wanted a single in the lawn.

MaLaKaS
05-23-2014, 11:28 AM
He just wanted a single in the lawn.

Ok, I'll look for you.

Jonas
05-23-2014, 11:36 AM
Ok, I'll look for you.

Thanks man!

RageATL
05-24-2014, 06:07 AM
Less than 12 hours away, gettin' pumped!

BeaufordBuddy
05-24-2014, 06:21 AM
Less than 12 hours away, gettin' pumped!

Hell yeah man. Gonna hit up The World of Coca Cola with the wife, grab some lunch, then head to the venue.

It's gonna be a great day!

MaLaKaS
05-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks man!

Still haven't found a lawn ticket for sale yet. There were a lot of reserved seats for sale though.