PDA

View Full Version : Live Trax 30 - August 16-18, 1993 | The Muse - Nantucket, MA (06.13.14)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Billy'sTV
05-06-2014, 05:55 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/r7sm0x.jpg http://i61.tinypic.com/b4vjwj.jpg

The latest Live Trax series installment is drawn from three August '93 shows at The Muse on Nantucket Island. Around this time, the band was starting to multitrack a handful of their live shows with the hope of using the material to create their first album, Remember Two Things (11/9/93). None of the material on this Live Trax release has been released until now!

The band recorded portions of the three night run at The Muse. However, technical issues prevented the band from capturing all three shows in their entirety. What has been mixed and mastered is representative of a relatively new band bringing its increasingly potent live show to a new brand of listener. Itís easy to imagine the band writing and performing all summer on the island as you listen to spot-on renditions of songs that are now classics.

This compilation of The Muse shows has it all - from the first notes of Satellite to the last notes of the raging Halloween encore. Lie In Our Graves features LeRoiís screaming sax solo; Pay For What You Get takes us back to the songís roots as a Dave and Carter duo. Minarets>Blue Water is a powerful pairing that doesnít exist much of anywhere in its full form. Hearing the segue here in this environment is a real treat.

Live Trax 30 is a perfect companion to the reissue of Remember Two Things and takes the listener to a certain place and sound in DMB history. There couldnít be a more comprehensive picture of what it was to witness the band at this time.

Please note - this item is available for pre-order and will ship on or around June 13, 2014.

Disc 1

1. Satellite (8.16.1993)
2. Ants Marching (8.18.1993)
3. Lie In Our Graves (8.18.1993)
4. Granny (8.17.1993)
5. One Sweet World (8.17.1993)
6. Song That Jane Likes (8.17.1993)
7. Warehouse (8.18.1993)
8. Recently (8.17.1993)
9. Best of What's Around (8.16.1993)
10. Pay For What You Get (8.17.1993)

Disc 2

1. Tripping Billies (8.18.1993)
2. Help Myself (8.17.1993)
3. Typical Situation (8.18.1993)
4. Minarets (8.17.1993)
5. Blue Water (8.18.1993)
6. True Reflections (8.18.1993)
7. Dancing Nancies (8.16.1993)
8. Two Step (8.18.1993)
9. Halloween (8.17.1993)

http://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?pc=DMDD114

Mersh
05-06-2014, 05:56 PM
The Muse in 2013? How did we miss these shows? :wink

Billy'sTV
05-06-2014, 05:57 PM
The Muse in 2013? How did we miss these shows? :wink

You're quick!

Mersh
05-06-2014, 05:57 PM
In all seriousness, nice release.

Mersh
05-06-2014, 05:58 PM
You're quick!

That's what my wife says.

The Godfather
05-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Great choice for a release. Very happy.

Mersh
05-06-2014, 06:00 PM
by the way, reissue of R2T?

The Godfather
05-06-2014, 06:01 PM

That would be cool.

drummerkrf
05-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Nice! :upyours

Crumbo
05-06-2014, 06:02 PM

vinyl

Mersh
05-06-2014, 06:02 PM
edit: Oh, I haven't been keeping up with the vinyl thread. Just saw the reissue reference in the show description.

The Godfather
05-06-2014, 06:03 PM
edit: Oh, I haven't been keeping up with the vinyl thread.

No shit. You're right.

Tomacco
05-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Interesting. Pretty cool. Hopefully compilation LTs don't start becoming a thing though.

Mersh
05-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Meh, in a situation where the show has significance and there were problems with the recordings I have no issue with it. Can't imagine this will be something that is done all that often.

That being said, there are certainly runs of shows that would make for pretty decent comps.

Billy'sTV
05-06-2014, 06:10 PM
A long lost Any Noise (from either of the shows we don't know the setlist for: 8/16 or 8/18) would have been amazing......

Not fond of compilation stuff but given the tech probs I guess there's no way around it. Would be easier to grade this release if we knew what the other two full setlists were though.

The Godfather
05-06-2014, 06:10 PM
A long lost Any Noise (from either of the shows we don't know the setlist for: 8/16 or 8/18) would have been amazing......

Not fond of compilation stuff but given the tech probs I guess there's no way around it. Would be easier to grade this release if we knew what the other two full setlists were.

:upyours

Tomacco
05-06-2014, 06:12 PM
That being said, there are certainly runs of shows that would make for pretty decent comps.

True. I just don't trust DMB management to make the choices, heh.

The Godfather
05-06-2014, 06:13 PM
I wonder how many times these technical difficulties has bitten the band in the early 90s.

Billy'sTV
05-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Some more on the R2T reissue packages:

http://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=1_65956

It will get a CD reissue as well:

Before Dave Matthews Band sold over 30 million records worldwide, saw 6 consecutive studio albums debut at No. 1 and attracted millions of fans across 20 years of acclaimed live shows, they were a one-of-a-kind group from Virginia looking to make a name for themselves in a music scene dominated by loud guitars and louder angst. Remember Two Things, the band’s first official release on their own Bama Rags label, remains an important calling card for fans everywhere — and it’s being reissued this year, including two bonus tracks and a vinyl release for the first time ever!

This new CD reissue features the original album expanded with two previously unreleased bonus tracks: early studio versions of “Pay For What You Get” and “Typical Situation,” newly mastered by original album engineer David Glasser. A 2LP 180-gram deluxe audiophile release, cut from new lacquers, features the original album packaged in an individually numbered gatefold jacket and a new eight-page booklet with full lyrics and rare, unseen photos of the band. A download card is included that features the full album and both bonus tracks.

Remember Two Things, a bona-fide word-of-mouth sensation which earned the band a platinum record in 2002, remains the first and best introduction to the DMB sound. That sound would soon take the world by storm with the release of their major-label debut Under The Table And Dreaming in 1994, but for the band’s most loyal fans, Remember Two Things is truly where the band’s story begins.

The Godfather
05-06-2014, 06:20 PM

Before Dave Matthews Band sold over 30 million records worldwide, saw 6 consecutive studio albums debut at No. 1 and attracted millions of fans across 20 years of acclaimed live shows, they were a one-of-a-kind group from Virginia looking to make a name for themselves in a music scene dominated by loud guitars and louder angst. Remember Two Things, the bandís first official release on their own Bama Rags label, remains an important calling card for fans everywhere ó and itís being reissued this year, including two bonus tracks and a vinyl release for the first time ever!

This new CD reissue features the original album expanded with two previously unreleased bonus tracks: early studio versions of ďPay For What You GetĒ and ďTypical Situation,Ē newly mastered by original album engineer David Glasser. A 2LP 180-gram deluxe audiophile release, cut from new lacquers, features the original album packaged in an individually numbered gatefold jacket and a new eight-page booklet with full lyrics and rare, unseen photos of the band. A download card is included that features the full album and both bonus tracks.

Remember Two Things, a bona-fide word-of-mouth sensation which earned the band a platinum record in 2002, remains the first and best introduction to the DMB sound. That sound would soon take the world by storm with the release of their major-label debut Under The Table And Dreaming in 1994, but for the bandís most loyal fans, Remember Two Things is truly where the bandís story begins.

Nice.

So would these be demos? Or songs that did not make the cut for RTT?

Poth Ead
05-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Very nice news :smoke

Fan#41
05-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Interesting. Pretty cool. Hopefully compilation LTs don't start becoming a thing though.

Why not? I like the idea. Especially if it's themed. Like a D&T compilation or something like this here. It's a fantastic idea on their part and a great turn-around from some of the recent era shows being touted by this series.

Crush87
05-06-2014, 06:40 PM

Agreed. This is a really cool pick, though. I'm on board.

Before Dave Matthews Band sold over 30 million records worldwide, saw 6 consecutive studio albums debut at No. 1 and attracted millions of fans across 20 years of acclaimed live shows, they were a one-of-a-kind group from Virginia looking to make a name for themselves in a music scene dominated by loud guitars and louder angst. Remember Two Things, the bandís first official release on their own Bama Rags label, remains an important calling card for fans everywhere ó and itís being reissued this year, including two bonus tracks and a vinyl release for the first time ever!

This new CD reissue features the original album expanded with two previously unreleased bonus tracks: early studio versions of ďPay For What You GetĒ and ďTypical Situation,Ē newly mastered by original album engineer David Glasser. A 2LP 180-gram deluxe audiophile release, cut from new lacquers, features the original album packaged in an individually numbered gatefold jacket and a new eight-page booklet with full lyrics and rare, unseen photos of the band. A download card is included that features the full album and both bonus tracks.

Remember Two Things, a bona-fide word-of-mouth sensation which earned the band a platinum record in 2002, remains the first and best introduction to the DMB sound. That sound would soon take the world by storm with the release of their major-label debut Under The Table And Dreaming in 1994, but for the bandís most loyal fans, Remember Two Things is truly where the bandís story begins.

From my point of view, most exciting news from this band in a long while. Will be so cool to hear those unreleased tracks.

Fan#41
05-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Nice.

So would these be demos? Or songs that did not make the cut for RTT?

I'm pretty sure they're cuts.

Mitch
05-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Holy fuck, this is a nice thread to pop up tonight!

Another August '93 multi-track and a R2T reissue with bonus material??! :banana

And I have no problem with compilation releases at all.

Mitch
05-06-2014, 07:00 PM
I haven't been purchasing much physical media lately, but I'm gonna go to town on that pre-order page.

Fan#41
05-06-2014, 07:01 PM
I haven't been purchasing much physical media lately, but I'm gonna go to town on that pre-order page.

Poth Ead
05-06-2014, 07:03 PM

nice i'm thinkin about it too

The Godfather
05-06-2014, 07:11 PM

:rawk

willndmb
05-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Not showing for me, must have got pulled

Edit, can't see them on tablet but desktop shows the packages minus pictures

ggies
05-06-2014, 08:33 PM
http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt69/Keld_fs/Borat-VeryNice.gif

LIOGwhat
05-06-2014, 08:34 PM
will definitely pick this up, props for delivering something unexpected.

hoping volume 31 winds up being maybe a spring 2002, fall 98...or still waiting patiently for 7/10/04! A show form the vote for change tour would be solid too...that was an awesome little run they did.

ThememanXX
05-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Holy fuck.

This

10x this.

:rawk

TheNoise
05-06-2014, 09:04 PM
whoa, this is all very nice.

re-release of RTT with bonus content. nice! it has begun! bring it on coran, i'll re-buy everything if it comes with bonus content!

willndmb
05-06-2014, 09:47 PM
whoa, this is all very nice.

re-release of RTT with bonus content. nice! it has begun! bring it on coran, i'll re-buy everything if it comes with bonus content!

Lol that's the only reason it comes with bonus content, because if it didn't they wouldn't sell

So how many more yrs till machead gets out with btcs

TheNoise
05-06-2014, 09:53 PM
a couple at least, they'll probably go in order. maybe 2018 for the 20th anniversary!

willndmb
05-06-2014, 10:04 PM
a couple at least, they'll probably go in order. maybe 2018 for the 20th anniversary!

That's what I am thinking too
Prob a little over a yr for uttad, then crash, right into 2018 with btcs

TheNoise
05-06-2014, 10:07 PM
BTCS WAS A+, WOULD BUY AGAIN

sean52692
05-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Wow. Damn exciting selection here and it's a bummer they had technical issues back then. Bring on some more '93, so many interesting shows from that year. It's one of my favorite years of DMB to listen to.

Klooner
05-07-2014, 12:31 AM
What terrific news about Two Things and early studio cuts. Never imagined they'd ever put that one on wax.

And yet, only DMB management would do this twenty ... one ... years after the fact.

But LT30 ('93!) and all things R2T reissue are splendid.

JamSession v2.0
05-07-2014, 06:13 AM
Coran has to feed that coke habit (off of the backs of DMB fans) somehow.

celluloid hero
05-07-2014, 07:42 AM

Not fond of compilation stuff but given the tech probs I guess there's no way around it. Would be easier to grade this release if we knew what the other two full setlists were though.

I asked for them. We'll see what happens, but I'm not expecting to get them. For shows that were played before they had an archivist, they have setlists for ones that they recorded (or have a recording of). When I've asked for old setlists in the past, if they have a recording, they have them, if they don't, they don't. I think this this would fall into the latter.

Don't really like the idea of needing to judge something based on what you're not getting, rather than what you are getting, but to each his own.

TheNoise
05-07-2014, 08:05 AM
the shirt design (and towel, and tote bag, lolz) is posted.

just put my pre-order in for the livetrax and RTT CD bundle

batleon
05-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Wow, cool stuff all around :upyours

drummerkrf
05-07-2014, 08:09 AM
These are some great bundle options.

Looking mighty heavily at that R2T vinyl + LT30 combo.

Jack
05-07-2014, 08:27 AM
Pretty awesome release. Love when stuff like this comes out of nowhere. Although it makes sense, releasing these muse shows never crossed my mind (though the tech issues were known). How cool is it to have these & LT20 all in multitrack? Pretty damn awesome.

Actually like the t-shirt. Haven't said that about dmb wearables in a long time. Wish there was a shipping deal. Think I'll just get lt30/vinyl bundle.

Any word on pressing of r2t vinyl #'s? Or does it just say LE & foil numbered.

drummerkrf
05-07-2014, 08:31 AM

Who cares?!? The Magic Eye is bigger!

I'm curious too, all I see is the gatefold foil numbering in the description so far...

Jack
05-07-2014, 08:34 AM
I mostly just want to know if I should order right now or wait until it is announced to see if they add any shipping deals.

batleon
05-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Yeah that $5 shipping deal for LT29 was nice. Ordered two LTs and only paid the $5.

I am going to have to go with the R2T CD and LT 30 bundle on this. This is just some really good stuff. Feels like a super expanded version of the album.

Can't wait to hear that early studio PFWYG and Typical. Wonder if they'll put these before or after the Seek Up reprise/rainstorm at the end of the disc...

drummerkrf
05-07-2014, 08:45 AM
Looking forward to hearing that Minarets>Blue Water.

batleon
05-07-2014, 08:49 AM
It'll be really weird to replace my R2T CD with this reissue... It's the same one I bought 17 years ago, one of the first CDs I ever owned.

[/nostalgia]

mario
05-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Yet another Live Trax release without Butch.

celluloid hero
05-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Yet another Live Trax release without Butch.

This absolutely means nothing. It's not a coincidence, they like the non-Butch era shows better, but that is it.

Mersh
05-07-2014, 09:14 AM
This absolutely means nothing. It's not a coincidence, they like the non-Butch era shows better, but that is it.

I think he was joking.

Huff
05-07-2014, 09:36 AM

I don't think that it's a big deal or anything that becomes a trend. I think it just fits the R2T re-release. The write-up even states that these shows were being recorded as a part of the goal of getting versions of songs to put on R2T, but that technical issues caused them to miss the entire show. So it's like a look at a trial run for them to come up with tracks for the album. Kind of cool when you put it all together.

Jack
05-07-2014, 09:58 AM
he was joking.

Jack
05-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Looking forward to hearing that Minarets>Blue Water.

I'm interested to see how they edited them together seeing as they're from two different shows.

Jack
05-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Officially added to the store w/ $5 shipping over $75. Boo urns. Should be free over $75 like phish does.

It’s easy to imagine the band writing and performing all summer on the island as you listen to spot-on renditions of songs that are now classics.

Seeing as this didn't happen, did they add this in their just so they could justify selling beach themed merch :lol

wiebrod
05-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Pretty awesome release. Love when stuff like this comes out of nowhere. Although it makes sense, releasing these muse shows never crossed my mind (though the tech issues were known). How cool is it to have these & LT20 all in multitrack? Pretty damn awesome.

Actually like the t-shirt. Haven't said that about dmb wearables in a long time. Wish there was a shipping deal. Think I'll just get lt30/vinyl bundle.

Agree about the t-shirt. I haven't been into too much of the Live Trax stuff for awhile, but this one had me right away.

mario
05-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I think he was joking.

I think so, too.

I'm interested to see how they edited them together seeing as they're from two different shows.

By putting a third cut of Dave speak at the beginning of the new track?

celluloid hero
05-07-2014, 10:27 AM
Sorry, jokes that aren't funny are usually marked in a way other than just the user name that posted it.

Jayes
05-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Sorry, jokes that aren't funny are usually marked in a way other than just the user name that posted it.

This guy

Billy'sTV
05-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Article on the R2T re-release vinyl/etc:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/05/dave-matthews-band-to-reissue-1993-debut-remember-two-things/

Vinyl
(Note: vinyl edition also includes download card with full album and bonus tracks)
SIDE A
Ants Marching
Tripping Billies
Recently

SIDE B
Satellite
One Sweet World
The Song That Jane Likes
Minarets

SIDE C
Seek Up
I'll Back You Up

SIDE D
Christmas Song

CD/Digital LP

Mitch
05-07-2014, 11:00 AM

Think I'll just get lt30/vinyl bundle.

:upyours this is the way I'm going. Vinyl plus download card and LT30 covers all the bases. I assume the download will have a lossless option and not just mp3.

TheNoise
05-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Article on the R2T re-release vinyl/etc:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/05/dave-matthews-band-to-reissue-1993-debut-remember-two-things/

Vinyl
(Note: vinyl edition also includes download card with full album and bonus tracks)
SIDE A
Ants Marching
Tripping Billies
Recently

SIDE B
Satellite
One Sweet World
The Song That Jane Likes
Minarets

SIDE C
Seek Up
I'll Back You Up

SIDE D
Christmas Song

CD/Digital LPbonus tracks from Flat Five studio session, assuming that is the same one where Minarets and Seek Up were recorded, yeah?

Flat Five Studios Bonus Tracks
Pay For What You Get
Typical Situation

Mitch
05-07-2014, 11:04 AM

Rob, do you know if they multi-tracked any '94 shows? If they do a similar thing with an UTTAD reissue, it'd be nice to get a corresponding '94 LT (I'm looking at you, 9/28/94). I know we have some '94 tunes on WH discs.

Billy'sTV
05-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Can grab the circulating 8/17/93 aSBD from "the spreadsheet" here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?66k916i29tmkm

1993 Spreadsheet list:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&key=0Ag_UrbWRnAujdGZmbWtVU1BJaExCdWhDQjZuazByeEE&hl=en&gid=2

Dave Matthews Band
The Muse
Nantucket, MA
August 17, 1993

Taper: Unknown
Source Info: SBD -> Analog? -> CD

Conversion: Adam Nelson (nelso222@msu.edu)

CD > flac: EAC (secure mode, all tracks 100%) -> WAV -> flac frontend (level 6)
Tracks split using CD Wave v1.93.3

PRESERVE THE QUALITY
DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3

Track | Name | Time (m:s)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Set I:
d1t01 One Sweet World 07:44
d1t02 Song That Jane Likes 04:04
d1t03 Jimi Thing 13:33
d1t04 Nature -> Tripping Billies 06:48
d1t05 Recently 09:20
d1t06 Help Myself 04:49
d1t07 Warehouse 08:11
Set II:
d1t08 Ants Marching 06:24

d2t01 Spotlight 06:27
d2t02 Minarets 07:20
d2t03 Granny 05:07
d2t04 True Reflections 06:59
d2t05 Pay For What You Get 04:35
d2t06 Lie In Our Graves 08:28
d2t07 Dancing Nancies 06:42
d2t08 Drum Solo -> 03:05
d2t09 Halloween 05:13

NOTES:
----------
This is a really good recording of a show that was a source for the Remember Two Things album.

The first 2:45 of Ants Marching sounds muffled. I am not sure what would cause that, but the quality improves.

Lie In Our Graves has an unusal drum solo intro.

Boyd says "We're gonna be back down here tomorrow". It sounds like he is talking about a 08/18 show also at the Muse, but no setlist archives list this. Boyd also mentions the 08/19 show at the Wetlands in NYC.

These rare older shows have been collected and converted through a collaborative effort to get them into circulation. Sometimes these shows do not have the best sound quality (and maybe that's why they aren't circulated much to begin with), but people should have access to them.

Compiled By Adam Nelson on Oct 5, 2006

Jack
05-07-2014, 11:33 AM
bonus tracks from Flat Five studio session, assuming that is the same one where Minarets and Seek Up were recorded, yeah?

Flat Five Studios Bonus Tracks
Pay For What You Get
Typical Situation

Christmas song too? Been so long, but isn't that studio w/ the seek up Reprise at the end ?

celluloid hero
05-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Rob, do you know if they multi-tracked any '94 shows? If they do a similar thing with an UTTAD reissue, it'd be nice to get a corresponding '94 LT (I'm looking at you, 9/28/94). I know we have some '94 tunes on WH discs.

Haven't had much discussion about that all.

The issue with later '94s is that they got rid of the set break, but kept using 60m DATs that they would have to switch out. Those drop outs that you get mid-song on a lot of our DSBDs are because the original stopped taping, so the patches have gaps even if they were running 90m. If they ran out of tape between songs or saw it was low and did a manual switch between songs, no biggie. But a recording that we have that has a dropout right at the end of where 60m would be mid-song, they themselves don't even have a clean, full copy and wouldn't release it. There's a bit of talk about this during that period on the Minarets list about how they all wanted to gather funds and buy Bagby a bunch of 90m DATs. I don't know if he went to "60m DAT Costco" early in the year and had a ton they wanted to go through or what.

TheNoise
05-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Christmas song too? Been so long, but isn't that studio w/ the seek up Reprise at the end ?

yeah i should really re-listen to it, can't even remember the last time. i thought christmas song was one of the acoustic live dave and tim songs.

Jayes
05-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Yeah, in my line of work, Im super glad digital exists now; my client work never gets interrupted and I can track my own band for as long as needed

The Godfather
05-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Can grab the circulating 8/17/93 aSBD from "the spreadsheet" here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?66k916i29tmkm

1993 Spreadsheet list:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&key=0Ag_UrbWRnAujdGZmbWtVU1BJaExCdWhDQjZuazByeEE&hl=en&gid=2

Dave Matthews Band
The Muse
Nantucket, MA
August 17, 1993

Taper: Unknown
Source Info: SBD -> Analog? -> CD

Conversion: Adam Nelson (nelso222@msu.edu)

CD > flac: EAC (secure mode, all tracks 100%) -> WAV -> flac frontend (level 6)
Tracks split using CD Wave v1.93.3

PRESERVE THE QUALITY
DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3

Track | Name | Time (m:s)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Set I:
d1t01 One Sweet World 07:44
d1t02 Song That Jane Likes 04:04
d1t03 Jimi Thing 13:33
d1t04 Nature -> Tripping Billies 06:48
d1t05 Recently 09:20
d1t06 Help Myself 04:49
d1t07 Warehouse 08:11
Set II:
d1t08 Ants Marching 06:24

d2t01 Spotlight 06:27
d2t02 Minarets 07:20
d2t03 Granny 05:07
d2t04 True Reflections 06:59
d2t05 Pay For What You Get 04:35
d2t06 Lie In Our Graves 08:28
d2t07 Dancing Nancies 06:42
d2t08 Drum Solo -> 03:05
d2t09 Halloween 05:13

NOTES:
----------
This is a really good recording of a show that was a source for the Remember Two Things album.

The first 2:45 of Ants Marching sounds muffled. I am not sure what would cause that, but the quality improves.

Lie In Our Graves has an unusal drum solo intro.

Boyd says "We're gonna be back down here tomorrow". It sounds like he is talking about a 08/18 show also at the Muse, but no setlist archives list this. Boyd also mentions the 08/19 show at the Wetlands in NYC.

These rare older shows have been collected and converted through a collaborative effort to get them into circulation. Sometimes these shows do not have the best sound quality (and maybe that's why they aren't circulated much to begin with), but people should have access to them.

Compiled By Adam Nelson on Oct 5, 2006

Thank you. :upyours

batleon
05-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Haven't had much discussion about that all.

The issue with later '94s is that they got rid of the set break, but kept using 60m DATs that they would have to switch out. Those drop outs that you get mid-song on a lot of our DSBDs are because the original stopped taping, so the patches have gaps even if they were running 90m. If they ran out of tape between songs or saw it was low and did a manual switch between songs, no biggie. But a recording that we have that has a dropout right at the end of where 60m would be mid-song, they themselves don't even have a clean, full copy and wouldn't release it. There's a bit of talk about this during that period on the Minarets list about how they all wanted to gather funds and buy Bagby a bunch of 90m DATs. I don't know if he went to "60m DAT Costco" early in the year and had a ton they wanted to go through or what.

They could do something similar to what they did here then, a mix of more than one show. Could be 9/27 and 9/28 since they're both marked as UTTAD release parties (though they've already released a handful of songs from 9/27 on the Warehouse discs)

JWood
05-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Looking forward to some '93 tracks getting out there, but will be a little strange to listen to with the plethora of post-2008 DMB material that is out there these days.

I think I am more excited for the R2T reissue with bonus tracks.

Tomacco
05-07-2014, 12:07 PM
So when they reissue UTTAD, I wonder if there will be studio versions of other stuff. Granny was a contender for that album, right?

JWood
05-07-2014, 12:09 PM

gweeps
05-07-2014, 12:10 PM
So when they reissue UTTAD, I wonder if there will be studio versions of other stuff. Granny was a contender for that album, right?

Didn't they cut Blue Water as well?

JWood
05-07-2014, 12:11 PM
These are some great bundle options.

There should be a R2T vinyl + R2T cd + LT30 cd combo.

Billy'sTV
05-07-2014, 12:19 PM

Wow I don't remember having heard this (although I had the tape so surely in flipping sides)....

Hidden "track" after Christmas Song:

n9ZUSGAVGO0&start=354&autoplay=1

batleon
05-07-2014, 12:38 PM
One of the best parts of the whole album

Can't wait to hear that early studio PFWYG and Typical. Wonder if they'll put these before or after the Seek Up reprise/rainstorm at the end of the disc...

TheNoise
05-07-2014, 12:45 PM
probably just added on to the very end of the original tracklisting, bonus tracks and such

Mitch
05-07-2014, 12:58 PM

Ah ok, thanks.

They could do something similar to what they did here then, a mix of more than one show.

Yeah, that'd be fine with me. We do have a lot of great boards from '94, so not a big deal either way. Be nice to always get a corresponding LT as they do the reissues... you know, like 12/3/98 with the BTCS reissue :)

celluloid hero
05-07-2014, 01:04 PM
The CD + LT bundle with the vinyl added is $57. The vinyl + LT bundle with the CD added is $55. Just a heads up on saving two bones.

Mersh
05-07-2014, 02:44 PM
but isn't that studio w/ the seek up Reprise at the end ?

I thought that was an edit that someone on the boards did a long time ago.

TheNoise
05-07-2014, 02:50 PM
?

there is definitely a hidden track for the Seek Up reprise at the end of the album, after Christmas Song.

someone definitely did put the reprise with the song, together edited as one, years ago

ThememanXX
05-07-2014, 02:54 PM
I think Jack meant is Christmas Song from R2T a studio cut.....and I'm not sure if it is or not.

batleon
05-07-2014, 02:55 PM
?

there is definitely a hidden track for the Seek Up reprise at the end of the album, after Christmas Song.

someone definitely did put the reprise with the song, together edited as one, years ago

Really? I'd like to hear this.

sdaltons
05-07-2014, 03:01 PM
i can't wrap my head around this. so funny that they would pick this segue to mention in the write-up but its not even really how the songs went down.

greppson
05-07-2014, 03:02 PM
surprised there isn't a "digital" package. it costs more to order each one digitally separately than a CD set (without shipping, obviously).

celebi23
05-07-2014, 03:11 PM
?

Lemme see if I can find it on an old HD :up yours

edit: Found it pretty much where I thought it'd be. Shoot me a PM if interested. Also did a Last Stop + Reprise too. The Seek Up track worked much better because the song + reprise definitely sounds like it was recorded as 1 track and the end was just put after Christmas Song and fades were added where needed.

Jack
05-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Can't pull the trigger on a bundle. I really like that shirt, but just can't decide if I really want it for $20 (it'll actually be like $82 because I'll have to buy something else to get to $75 for the $5 shipping!). I know I'm going to be farting around with this decision and the vinyl will sell out :lol

drummerkrf
05-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Can't pull the trigger on a bundle. I really like that shirt, but just can't decide if I really want it for $20 (it'll actually be like $82 because I'll have to buy something else to get to $75 for the $5 shipping!). I know I'm going to be farting around with this decision and the vinyl will sell out :lol

No disrespect to you good sir, but if you can't justify forkin' it over for this one... what WILL make you be able to?

Jack
05-07-2014, 05:44 PM
??? The only thing I'm debating about is whether to get the bundle w/ the shirt or w/o it. I've bought like 90% of every release they've ever put out.

sean52692
05-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Be nice to always get a corresponding LT as they do the reissues... you know, like 12/3/98 with the BTCS reissue :)

This would be amazing. Along with two or more never heard before studio cuts from each album. :nod

Jack
05-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Be nice to always get a corresponding LT as they do the reissues... you know, like 12/3/98 with the BTCS reissue :)

Hopefully that will have been long released by then! But 12/7 or 12/5 would be diesel.

sean52692
05-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Hopefully that will have been long released by then! But 12/7 or 12/5 would be diesel.

12/02 as well. Anything from that week or pretty much anything from that tour.

Jack
05-07-2014, 06:01 PM

Something tells me the fox theatre run in november was multitracked. And there could even be full video of 'set 1' of n2 as that was the wwys video shoot. But that might be a long shot.

Fan#41
05-07-2014, 06:09 PM
They could do something similar to what they did here then, a mix of more than one show. Could be 9/27 and 9/28 since they're both marked as UTTAD release parties (though they've already released a handful of songs from 9/27 on the Warehouse discs)

mjf
05-07-2014, 06:26 PM
I think Jack meant is Christmas Song from R2T a studio cut.....and I'm not sure if it is or not.

I could have sworn I read an interview with D&T where they discussed recording Christmas Song in a bathroom or something and were laughing that that was the best sound they could get (not uncommon). So it's kinda both if I'm remembering right

Billy'sTV
05-07-2014, 07:38 PM
And there could even be full video of 'set 1' of n2 as that was the wwys video shoot. But that might be a long shot.

According to someone on Minarets Net (thanks DMBAlamanc) 4/6/94 w/ "Me & Her" may have been filmed.....that'd be gold:

http://www.dmbalmanac.com/minarets/199414.html

NO ENCORE
just when you thought it couldn't get better
4-6-94
Seek Up
Best of What's Around
Untitled Jam (debut) This song has no name according to Fenton .
Jane
Dancing Nancies (I've neverever heard it this good)
Lover Lay Down
Warehouse
Tripping

set 2:
Two Step>
Ants Marching
Jimi Thing (all i can say is that Dave broke a string on the guitar solo)
Rhyme and Reason
Help Myself/Dangerous Hours/Desperate Hours (Take your pick)
What Would You Say
Minarets (Carter and Dave on the intro vocal rap)
Recently ("pretty pretty girl", many quotes)

Encore:Satellite

2nd night--
I really thought they couldn't have done better. I was wrong. This
show was pro videotaped for the archives. Mics were set up around the
place to get a good sound. Maybe that's why all the old tunes. Seek Up,
Best.Best can be spotted by Dave turning around to Carter as they both
furiously bounce up and down as Carter counts it off. The untitled jam.
I've heard both 34 and 36. It is neither. Although I've never heard 35,
the guys I was with had and said it was not that. One dude said that it's
been played at soundchecks, but never w/ vocals. As far as I know, this
is the first time they played it. It was short, so they might have just
been testing it out. It was a slow tune, Boyd soloed, Dave sang
incoherently. Dancing Nancies has been revamped! Long live Dancing
Nancies! I was getting tired of the tune until tonite. Can't be
descvribed. Jimi Thing--- one of my favorites, great as always. Dave's
solo incorporated notes, not only chords! Long live Dave! Rest of set
posted above.

Crush87
05-07-2014, 07:40 PM
According to someone on Minarets Net (thanks DMBAlamanc) 4/6/94 w/ "Me & Her" may have been filmed.....that'd be gold:

http://www.dmbalmanac.com/minarets/199414.html

2nd night--
I really thought they couldn't have done better. I was wrong. This
show was pro videotaped for the archives. Mics were set up around the
place to get a good sound. Maybe that's why all the old tunes. Seek Up,
Best.Best can be spotted by Dave turning around to Carter as they both
furiously bounce up and down as Carter counts it off. The untitled jam.
I've heard both 34 and 36. It is neither. Although I've never heard 35,
the guys I was with had and said it was not that. One dude said that it's
been played at soundchecks, but never w/ vocals. As far as I know, this
is the first time they played it. It was short, so they might have just
been testing it out. It was a slow tune, Boyd soloed, Dave sang
incoherently. Dancing Nancies has been revamped! Long live Dancing
Nancies! I was getting tired of the tune until tonite. Can't be
descvribed. Jimi Thing--- one of my favorites, great as always. Dave's
solo incorporated notes, not only chords! Long live Dave! Rest of set
posted above.

Me & Her. Up there with Eyes of The World as Boyd's best work.

Mersh
05-07-2014, 07:45 PM
I've heard so much 93 (hell, so much DMB period), but for some reason I am pretty excited for this release. Maybe it is the potential to see similar companion stuff dropping with vinyl re-releases or just that 2 discs of that R2T live sound is going to be great. The sound that got me into the band.

cryfreedom09
05-07-2014, 08:57 PM
This would be amazing. Along with two or more never heard before studio cuts from each album. :nod

I really hope this happens.

Jack
05-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Alright, pre-order in for vinyl & LT30.

sean52692
05-07-2014, 09:44 PM
I could have sworn I read an interview with D&T where they discussed recording Christmas Song in a bathroom or something and were laughing that that was the best sound they could get (not uncommon). So it's kinda both if I'm remembering right

I believe that was IBYU.

typsitch
05-07-2014, 09:51 PM
Great stuff

mjf
05-07-2014, 10:01 PM
I believe that was IBYU.

Ah gotcha :upyours I think it's the Acoustic Guitar magazine from '99

I listen to the '93 D&T shows a lot and haven't heard it, so either it's "studio" or there's an unknown D&T show from '93

willndmb
05-07-2014, 10:14 PM
surprised there isn't a "digital" package. it costs more to order each one digitally separately than a CD set (without shipping, obviously).

No flac for r2t either

mjf
05-07-2014, 10:26 PM
No flac for r2t either

I'd have to think that is an error. If not, I guess they are really trying to push the vinyl to audiophiles. But I'll assume it's an error for now

batleon
05-08-2014, 08:24 AM

I'm still holding out hope for 12/7 as the next LT this fall to coincide with the tenth anniversary of the LT series (which launched with 12/8 as #1)

TheNoise
05-08-2014, 08:32 AM
No flac for r2t either
I'd have to think that is an error. If not, I guess they are really trying to push the vinyl to audiophiles. But I'll assume it's an error for now

strange. there was definitely a FLAC option before it went officially live with the announcement, the second thing on the page was the CD/MP3/FLAC. it's in the screenshot in the first post. hopefully just an error for now.

weird.

mario
05-08-2014, 08:39 AM

No disrespect to you good sir, but if you can't justify forkin' it over for this one... what WILL make you be able to?

Alright, pre-order in for vinyl & LT30.

Drummer pulls off face mask, revealing himself to a chorus of
"Coran Capshaw"?!?

/Scooby doo

drummerkrf
05-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Drummer pulls off face mask, revealing himself to a chorus of "Coran Capshaw"?!? /Scooby doo

:lol :upyours

celluloid hero
05-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Except that's not the way the conversation went, he made clear that he was going to buy a bundle, just didn't know whether to do a shirt bundle. That important part was skipped in the selective quoting.

drummerkrf
05-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Yeah I didn't realize he was holding off because of the shirt at first.

Good pick with the vinyl combo though Jack :upyours

Jack
05-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Except that's not the way the conversation went, he made clear that he was going to buy a bundle, just didn't know whether to do a shirt bundle. That important part was skipped in the selective quoting.

Exactly. Of course Mario is a lawyer, so he never lets facts get in the way.

mario
05-08-2014, 10:43 AM
What? There's not even a door here. You just said "knock knock" with your mouth!

mjf
05-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Can't we just get back to making fun of eachother and not spending 50 posts trying to explain why a joke was stupid?

drummerkrf
05-08-2014, 10:55 AM
...or just talking about 1993...

mjf
05-08-2014, 11:17 AM
...or just talking about 1993...

If there was ever a thread on this forum without sarcasm/ball breaking, it would be so goddamn strange :lol

SonofSuns34
05-08-2014, 11:21 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--jW4lAdfC--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/k26ijaqn0yyissxjy3eh.gif

drummerkrf
05-08-2014, 11:23 AM
If there was ever a thread on this forum without sarcasm/ball breaking, it would be so goddamn strange :lol

Good point.

Mario what bundle are you buying?

ThememanXX
05-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Amazon has the vinyl up for pre-order at $28.00 with Prime. Needless to say: purchased.

mario
05-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Good point.

Mario what bundle are you buying?
what.

mjf
05-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Amazon has the vinyl up for pre-order at $28.00 with Prime. Needless to say: purchased.

Fuckin steal right there

Mitch
05-08-2014, 11:36 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--jW4lAdfC--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/k26ijaqn0yyissxjy3eh.gif

Is he sucking a giant cock??

SonofSuns34
05-08-2014, 11:37 AM
No, showing Shaq how he eats Churros...

Jack
05-08-2014, 11:55 AM

fuckin' a :lol

Jack
05-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Is he sucking a giant cock??

looks like two pretty standard size cocks to me.

SonofSuns34
05-08-2014, 12:04 PM

:lol

Mitch
05-08-2014, 12:09 PM

:lol good point

Mersh
05-08-2014, 01:11 PM
fuckin' a :lol

yeah, son of a...

ThememanXX
05-08-2014, 01:36 PM

just realized....yeah, wrong thread

willndmb
05-08-2014, 08:06 PM

Cd too
12.98 shipped

Fan#41
05-09-2014, 07:29 PM
10 year anniversary for the Live Trax series is this November....12/7/98 anyone?

Monk
05-09-2014, 07:42 PM
10 year anniversary for the Live Trax series is this November....12/7/98 anyone?

MaLaKaS
05-09-2014, 11:32 PM
So I ended up ordering the FLAC version of the show with the Vinyl R2T.

JWood
05-09-2014, 11:39 PM

This still needs to happen!! Especially since they decided to give us the two-night stands we all couldn't have cared less for.

mjf
05-10-2014, 12:42 AM

This needs to happen. From the opening notes of Recently to the closing ones of Last Stop... some of my favorite DMB

sean52692
05-10-2014, 12:48 AM

I think everyone is in for this one.

cryfreedom09
05-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Wanted to get other people's thoughts on this. Don't get me wrong this is a very cool release. But I thought LT was easy more exciting. This is pretty much the exact same set list as LT 20 minus Warren and was from the 3 nights before LT 20. Seems like a very redunadant release. What say others?

sean52692
05-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Wanted to get other people's thoughts on this. Don't get me wrong this is a very cool release. But I thought LT was easy more exciting. This is pretty much the exact same set list as LT 20 minus Warren and was from the 3 nights before LT 20. Seems like a very redunadant release. What say others?

It's all about the performances for these early shows, not setlist variety.

Plus releasing previously uncirculated shows is a cool move on DMB's part and something that hardcore and long time fans can really get into.

Mitch
05-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Yeah, if they want to be redundant with multi-tracks from August '93, I'm all for it!

mjf
05-10-2014, 02:14 PM
They can release anything from '93, '95, summer '97, D&T '96/'97/'99, and Fall '98 and I'll be excited/purchase it.

cryfreedom09
05-10-2014, 02:17 PM
It's all about the performances for these early shows, not setlist variety.

Plus releasing previously uncirculated shows is a cool move on DMB's part and something that hardcore and long time fans can really get into.

Yeah, if they want to be redundant with multi-tracks from August '93, I'm all for it!

Yeah it is still cool. I should probably hold off on judging until I hear the performances and overall sound quality. I just hope when I listen there are done differentiating factors from LT 20.

Mitch
05-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Yeah it is still cool. I should probably hold off on judging until I hear the performances and overall sound quality. I just hope when I listen there are done differentiating factors from LT 20.

Like I said, I'm pumped for this regardless. But based on what you're looking for, there are 5 songs on here that aren't on LT20, and 4 songs that had Warren on LT20 are on here without him. So that's at least 9 "differentiating factors."

cryfreedom09
05-10-2014, 03:27 PM
They can release anything from '93, '95, summer '97, D&T '96/'97/'99, and Fall '98 and I'll be excited/purchase it.

Like I said, I'm pumped for this regardless. But based on what you're looking for, there are 5 songs on here that aren't on LT20, and 4 songs that had Warren on LT20 are on here without him. So that's at least 9 "differentiating factors."

That's a good point. Will definitely be purchasing. Pretty pumped. Plus the two extra studio tracks are pretty cool. Hope they continue the trend of releasing extra studio tracks.

mjf
05-10-2014, 04:03 PM
That's a good point. Will definitely be purchasing. Pretty pumped. Plus the two extra studio tracks are pretty cool. Hope they continue the trend of releasing extra studio tracks.

You and me both brotha! I'm beyond excited for this and RTT, just hope we don't have to wait until anniversaries for the rest of the albums to be pressed on vinyl

Mersh
05-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Seems like a very redunadant release. What say others?

Don't care, 93 show.

cryfreedom09
05-10-2014, 06:03 PM
You and me both brotha! I'm beyond excited for this and RTT, just hope we don't have to wait until anniversaries for the rest of the albums to be pressed on vinyl

:upyours Yeah seriously. I'm optimistic with the rate that they have been releasing live trax. And I think after they see how profitable these special rerelease live trax are they will continue.

cryfreedom09
05-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Don't care, 93 show.

Crap I meant to specify I wanted everyone's opinion except for Mersh.

Haha only poking fun

celluloid hero
05-10-2014, 07:57 PM
You guys who know your '93s, did they ever acknowledge Peter not being in the band any more on stage?

mjf
05-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Hmm. I'm no mersh, but I'm guessing no? I never heard it mentioned. I'm pretty sure I've listened to 3.24 as well. Interesting

sean52692
05-10-2014, 09:15 PM
You guys who know your '93s, did they ever acknowledge Peter not being in the band any more on stage?

I feel like I've heard him mentioned before a SMTS....although I can't confirm

Poth Ead
05-10-2014, 09:23 PM
I preordered LT30 a few minutes ago. I can do without a hard copy of the reissue

doug_gill
05-10-2014, 10:36 PM
I seem to remember Two Step from 3/24 being dedicated to Peter. Haven't listened to that show in well over a decade though, so I might be imagining that.

Fan#41
05-11-2014, 11:39 AM

I think this release has more of a historical significance than most other releases. The performances may not stand out among some of the other greats from '93 but it makes perfect sense to release these tracks since a) we don't have any recordings of them what-so-ever and b) they coincide with the vinyl release of tracks selected for their first ever official release. It just makes sense. Who knows, it may be a one-and-done listen but I still think it's extremely cool to have this released.

And as for mentions of Peter after he left, one of the June shows, maybe 6/26 ( I haven't listened to it in quite some time), someone in the crowd yells for Peter and Dave says something weird like "we still love 'em, i think". I know he was mentioned a few other times but that one always stuck out for me.

cryfreedom09
05-11-2014, 02:49 PM
I think this release has more of a historical significance than most other releases. The performances may not stand out among some of the other greats from '93 but it makes perfect sense to release these tracks since a) we don't have any recordings of them what-so-ever and b) they coincide with the vinyl release of tracks selected for their first ever official release. It just makes sense. Who knows, it may be a one-and-done listen but I still think it's extremely cool to have this released.

And as for mentions of Peter after he left, one of the June shows, maybe 6/26 ( I haven't listened to it in quite some time), someone in the crowd yells for Peter and Dave says something weird like "we still love 'em, i think". I know he was mentioned a few other times but that one always stuck out for me.

celluloid hero
05-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Got the full sets from DMB. Here are the songs that were played that weekend that are not on the release. Full sets will be posted later. No Any Noise/Say Goodbye, no wacky songs. Makes sense, seems this was intentionally recorded for release, so they stuck with songs that they were comfortable with a thought there'd be a chance at making the album.

WWYS
Seek Up
Watchtower
Jimi
Spotlight
SMTS

Jack
05-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Got the full sets from DMB. Here are the songs that were played that weekend that are not on the release. Full sets will be posted later. No Any Noise/Say Goodbye, no wacky songs. Makes sense, seems this was intentionally recorded for release, so they stuck with songs that they were comfortable with a thought there'd be a chance at making the album.

WWYS
Seek Up
Watchtower
Jimi
Spotlight
SMTS

Glad they came through on the sets.

somf4eva
05-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Very cool!

celluloid hero
05-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Full sets have been posted on the almanac.

RageATL
05-12-2014, 09:07 PM
I feel like I've heard him mentioned before a SMTS....although I can't confirm

That sounds familiar to me as well.

I'm on the fence about this release...while it's definitely cool to have for what it is in terms of DMB history, the completist in me doesn't want a show that was edited/pasted together. I haven't really been into the Trax stuff for a while so maybe I'll just continue that trend.

blumathu
05-13-2014, 07:12 AM

WWYS
Seek Up
Watchtower
Jimi
Spotlight
SMTS

It's awesome that you were able to do this.

drummerkrf
05-13-2014, 07:29 AM
I'm on the fence about this release...while it's definitely cool to have for what it is in terms of DMB history, the completist in me doesn't want a show that was edited/pasted together. I haven't really been into the Trax stuff for a while so maybe I'll just continue that trend.

You suck for this. :lol

Thrawn
05-13-2014, 07:34 AM

WWYS
Seek Up
Watchtower
Jimi
Spotlight
SMTS

Would've been kind of cool to get a fully mixed Spotlight, I guess, but other than that I'm not upset.

blumathu
05-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Would've been kind of cool to get a fully mixed Spotlight, I guess, but other than that I'm not upset.

They could at least throw us a bone and put it on a future warehouse disc.

batleon
05-13-2014, 08:10 AM

WWYS
Seek Up
Watchtower
Jimi
Spotlight
SMTS

Nice. Would have been good to get a few more tracks that weren't on LT20 (WWYS, Jimi, Spotlight, SMTS) but for all we know the performances weren't up to snuff. Nit picking here.

celluloid hero
05-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Nice. Would have been good to get a few more tracks that weren't on LT20 (WWYS, Jimi, Spotlight, SMTS) but for all we know the performances weren't up to snuff. Nit picking here.

Not just that, but that they said in the description that not all songs made it on to tape due to technical problems. That might have a lot to do with it as well.

kitkat
05-13-2014, 08:57 AM
oooh would have liked to hear that old seek up.

batleon
05-13-2014, 09:02 AM
Not just that, but that they said in the description that not all songs made it on to tape due to technical problems. That might have a lot to do with it as well.

Ah right, right, Whatever, nit picking as I said. Looking forward to getting this.

Thrawn
05-13-2014, 03:58 PM
Ah right, right, Whatever, nit picking as I said. Looking forward to getting this.

Yep. :upyours

Mersh
05-13-2014, 05:31 PM
oooh would have liked to hear that old seek up.

LT20

although for me 12.8.93 is probably THE 93 Seek Up.

Crush87
05-13-2014, 05:57 PM
LT20

although for me 12.8.93 is probably THE 93 Seek Up.
11/13/93 for me

Mersh
05-13-2014, 08:25 PM
11/13/93 for me

Also a favorite. Love that whole show...Take a Minute as well.

sean52692
05-13-2014, 08:56 PM
The first minute or two of Take A Minute is glorious. The rest is pretty damn good too.

Wish we'd get a previously uncirculated '93 show released with a one off/random song (like 10/07 for example) in the set.

greykitkat36
05-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Can't complain with this choice here. Finally Live Trax gives us a solid old Gem of a show. It's been a while that Live Trax has put out something good IMO, long overdue. If it weren't for DMBLIVE I think we'd all be bitching a lot more. I'm glad to have a really nice old school show like this.

dobyblue
05-14-2014, 07:19 AM

At least for UTTAD that would only mean four more months.

batleon
05-14-2014, 07:23 AM
The first minute or two of Take A Minute is glorious. The rest is pretty damn good too.

Wish we'd get a previously uncirculated '93 show released with a one off/random song (like 10/07 for example) in the set.

At some point I'd like a '93 with something rare like a Doobie Thing or Spotlight.

The Godfather
05-14-2014, 10:56 AM
At some point I'd like a '93 with something rare like a Doobie Thing or Spotlight.

Spotlight :upyours

Jack
05-14-2014, 12:34 PM

Well, there is the multitrack dmblive with spotlight that was slated to be released as the follow up fo red rocks.

Mersh
05-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Well, there is the multitrack dmblive with spotlight that was slated to be released as the follow up fo red rocks.

I was just going to mention that one.

batleon
05-14-2014, 12:50 PM

I'm thinking of a post-Peter Spotlight.

Either way Doobie Thing is what I'm more interested in. When that Ants from 8/31/93 was announced on a WH disc a few years back I kept hoping they kept the Doobie Thing tacked on, but no go.

mjf
05-14-2014, 12:50 PM
I agree with Dave on Spotlight personally. Not a bad song but meh

Jack
05-14-2014, 01:05 PM
I agree with Dave on Spotlight personally. Not a bad song but meh

Turd steak.

TheNoise
05-14-2014, 01:08 PM
i like spotlight musically.

that is all.

mjf
05-14-2014, 01:13 PM
It just sounds like someone trying really, really hard to make a mainstream single in the early 90's. I don't blame Dave for hating it.

mjf
05-14-2014, 01:15 PM
I would like to retire with a million though. That part I can relate to

mario
05-14-2014, 01:35 PM
I would like to retire with a million though. That part I can relate to
Posts?

Mersh
05-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Turd steak.

yeah, total shite.

mjf
05-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Posts?

:lol I'm sorry man soon as I'm done this board exam and don't have to study all fucking day and night I won't be glued to a computer

cryfreedom09
05-14-2014, 06:20 PM
:lol I'm sorry man soon as I'm done this board exam and don't have to study all fucking day and night I won't be glued to a computer

Whatcha studying for?

sean52692
05-14-2014, 09:10 PM
I'm happy we have a couple released versions of Get In Line.

MaLaKaS
05-14-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm really happy that this is being released. Excellent choice for the R2T remaster.

mjf
05-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Whatcha studying for?

Pharmacy board, I feel bad I've been posting so much :lol it's good distraction to get into friendly arguments

I'm happy we have a couple released versions of Get In Line.

Amen. I don't think this song would sound good if ever brought back, so I'm glad we have the released ones + the SBD's. I wouldn't be against them trying it obviously though

cryfreedom09
05-15-2014, 04:09 AM
Pharmacy board, I feel bad I've been posting so much :lol it's good distraction to get into friendly arguments

Good luck. I just finished the cpa exam. It's such a good feeling once you're finished.

mjf
05-15-2014, 09:35 AM
Dusted off 12.8.93 this morning. I'm a huge TR fan, and this has to be my favorite 93 dmb show

Good luck. I just finished the cpa exam. It's such a good feeling once you're finished.

Accountant right? Man congrats! My dyslexic brain could never begin to do that stuff. I had to take both calc II and III twice each :lol

Jack
05-15-2014, 09:42 AM
Accountant right? Man congrats! My dyslexic brain could never begin to do that stuff. I had to take both calc II and III twice each :lol

If a homeless man puts a finger gun in his jacket & demands 1000 OxyContin pills of four different MGs strengths in three separate containers, how many different combinations of commuter rail trains can a businessman take from Boston to Worcester?

mjf
05-15-2014, 09:57 AM
If a homeless man puts a finger gun in his jacket & demands 1000 OxyContin pills of four different MGs strengths in three separate containers, how many different combinations of commuter rail trains can a businessman take from Boston to Worcester?

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/VW27kyh7PVM/hqdefault.jpg

We've been robbed four times, but I'll derail my Harddrive/Pink Floyd/Grateful Dead sucks/DMB 2008 thread with those stories instead

cryfreedom09
05-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Dusted off 12.8.93 this morning. I'm a huge TR fan, and this has to be my favorite 93 dmb show

Accounting yes. Well those are definitely tough classes. Are you close to being finished?

MaLaKaS
05-15-2014, 11:33 AM
12.7.93 & 12.8.93 are two classic shows. I haven't listened to them in years, but maybe I should before this new LT comes out.

Mitch
05-15-2014, 11:43 AM

12.7.93 & 12.8.93 are two classic shows. I haven't listened to them in years, but maybe I should before this new LT comes out.

:upyours 12/7 and 12/8 is a fantastic duo of shows

Fan#41
05-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Q&U-5

TDunk
05-15-2014, 07:25 PM

Same

TheNoise
05-15-2014, 07:41 PM
Q&U-5

thought those were PB&J?

Fan#41
05-15-2014, 08:00 PM
That's Hartford '00 dude. Get it right. sheesh.

cryfreedom09
05-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Same

:upyours nice

TheNoise
05-15-2014, 08:06 PM

www.sadtrombone.com

Jack
05-15-2014, 08:06 PM
thought those were PB&J?

Hamburger. Cheeseburger.

MaLaKaS
05-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Q&U-5

Isn't "Q&U" the Worcester 98 shows?

Mersh
05-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Isn't "Q&U" the Worcester 98 shows?

MaLaKaS
05-15-2014, 09:17 PM

It isn't?

TheNoise
05-16-2014, 07:14 AM
...Q&U are 12/7 and 12/8/98, yes. he's saying 12/7 and 12/8/93 are Q&U minus 5 years...

MaLaKaS
05-16-2014, 07:29 PM
...Q&U are 12/7 and 12/8/98, yes. he's saying 12/7 and 12/8/93 are Q&U minus 5 years...

Ohh, I gotcha. I'm sorry, I'm a little slow sometimes.

cryfreedom09
05-16-2014, 10:55 PM
Ohh, I gotcha. I'm sorry, I'm a little slow sometimes.

Please excuse my friend he's a little slow. The town is that way.

celluloid hero
05-17-2014, 01:12 AM
This and Remember Two Things vinyl were listed as for sale at the merch stand tonight. Unfortunately, they didn't have them obviously. But seeing the sign, of course I had to ask for one.

MaLaKaS
05-18-2014, 11:00 PM

:lol I thought of that too

mjf
05-18-2014, 11:11 PM

:lol can't freakin wait for Part Too

cryfreedom09
05-19-2014, 06:46 AM
:lol I thought of that too

Can't wait :upyours

ThememanXX
05-19-2014, 01:32 PM

:upyours:upyours:upyours :nod

TheNoise
06-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Song That Jane Likes from LT30:

https://soundcloud.com/dave-matthews-band/the-song-that-jane-likes-live-trax-30-the-muse-august-1993/s-15m43

mjf
06-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Can't wait for this

Mitch
06-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Can't wait for this

:upyours same

I actually kinda forgot about it until I got the email mentioning the TSTJL clip tonight, which is cool b/c it'll be out in about a week now

mjf
06-05-2014, 10:08 PM
:upyours same

I actually kinda forgot about it until I got the email mentioning the TSTJL clip tonight, which is cool b/c it'll be out in about a week now

Dude I had no fuckin idea it was one week from now, sick! That went by quick.

Preserving what was left of the shows that sourced RTT is just one of the best moves by this band in awhile. What a great way to celebrate the anniversary

MaLaKaS
06-06-2014, 01:04 AM
Preserving what was left of the shows that sourced RTT is just one of the best moves by this band in awhile. What a great way to celebrate the anniversary

:upyours I totally agree. I haven't been this excited for a LT in a long time.

TheLastStop
06-08-2014, 08:46 AM
I'm so pumped for this STJL sounds awesome. Can't wait to hear Halloween

Fan#41
06-08-2014, 01:25 PM

MaLaKaS
06-08-2014, 08:26 PM
When do we get this bad boy again?

SeekUpAB
06-08-2014, 08:27 PM
It's in the title.

sean52692
06-08-2014, 10:43 PM
This Jane sounds really sweet. I'm definitely chomping at the bit to get some new '93 DMB in my life (still haven't listened to the new show or two that was previously uncirculated & just surfaced)

MaLaKaS
06-09-2014, 12:16 AM
It's in the title.

Indeed, you are correct. This week!

gweeps
06-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Really looking forward to this one.

How about for the next comp: http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowInfo.aspx?tid=35&where=1996

sean52692
06-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Really looking forward to this one.

How about for the next comp: http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowInfo.aspx?tid=35&where=1996

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.aspx?id=453055020&tid=35&where=1996 sounds good as a full show release. That encore looks stellar.

MaLaKaS
06-09-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm really happy that we have a copy of the 5.31.96 show. I enjoy listening to that one.

Poth Ead
06-10-2014, 08:25 PM
I'm getting excited for the release. :smoke

MaLaKaS
06-11-2014, 10:24 AM
I just got my tracking number from Music Today. Can't wait!

Jack
06-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Same here. should have it in 11-13 business weeks.

sdaltons
06-11-2014, 11:26 AM
never did order this. i guess i probably should.

Mitch
06-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Same here. should have it in 11-13 business weeks.

got my shipping notice too. really looking forward to both

ThememanXX
06-11-2014, 11:28 AM
business weeks.

Mersh
06-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Out for delivery

Well alright then.

Jack
06-13-2014, 09:05 AM
Out for delivery

Well alright then.

Same here. Of course it is pouring rain...

Their shipping has gotten so much better recently it seems. I ordered the Bangor show poster last friday at 3 or 4 oclock. I got it yesterday. Then this shipped on Tuesday or whenever and it is here today. In the past with their smartpost bs neither package would have been here for another week atleast.

Mersh
06-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Same here. Of course it is pouring rain... Their shipping has gotten so much better recently it seems. I ordered the Bangor show poster last friday at 3 or 4 oclock. I got it yesterday. Then this shipped on Tuesday or whenever and it is here today. In the past with their smartpost bs neither package would have been here for another week atleast.

Yeah. The message even says that since UPS will be in my area they will deliver rather than send it to smart post. Shipped Wednesday evening and arriving today. Pretty good for musictoday.

drummerkrf
06-13-2014, 10:27 AM
My tracking number is unrecognizable according to UPS' tracking. Excellent.

*tracking could take 24-48 hours to show progress.

Poth Ead
06-13-2014, 11:56 AM
just got mine :smoke:upyours LT only... I didnt order R2T

MaLaKaS
06-13-2014, 11:59 AM
just got mine :smoke:upyours LT only... I didnt order R2T

Mine is currently on a delivery truck in my town. Can't wait!

batleon
06-13-2014, 12:00 PM
Mine won't be in until Tuesday apparently. Oh well...

drummerkrf
06-13-2014, 12:09 PM
Out of curiosity... You guys that are getting them today, when did you receive the ship confirmation email?

Poth Ead
06-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Wednesday 4:25pm

Mitch
06-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Yeah, Weds. afternoon. Mines on truck for delivery, but our UPS guy usually comes early evening.