PDA

View Full Version : Live Trax 31 - June 23, 2001 | Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ (w/ Bonus Disc) - released September 16, 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3

TheNoise
08-07-2014, 05:18 PM
http://static.musictoday.com/store/bands/1/product_large/TWEETERTRAX.JPG

6.23.2001 Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Camden, NJ

On the heels of the Everyday album release, Dave Matthews Band embarked on a four and a half month long tour that featured Butch Taylor on keys, the Lovely Ladies on vocals and a run of almost twenty stadium shows. In late June, DMB brought their big stadium sound to the Tweeter Center at the Waterfront in Camden, New Jersey for three shows. We are happy to announce the standout June 23rd show as the next release in the Live Trax series, which includes an additional disc of highlights from the rest of the weekend.

Highlights of this second night include several rarities. Grace is Gone features the original prelude that had never been heard live and in its entirety by the general public until this night. This release also includes the Live Trax debut of Mother Father as well as a cover of Phish's Waste, and one of the most beautiful solo intros to Satellite that we’ve heard to date.

In addition, we have carefully selected a number of tracks to highlight the shows on June 22nd and 24th in Camden, NJ. This bonus disc features tour showpieces like the Big Eyed Fish > Bartender suite, fan favorites with a different twist (Minarets with the Lovely Ladies guesting) and hidden gems like Lover Lay Down, which might be the answer to "what was LeRoi's greatest moment on stage.”

Please note - Live Trax vol. 31 is available for pre-order and will be released on September 16, 2014. CDs will ship on or around September 12. Downloads will be available on September 16. #DMDD118

Track Listing:

Disc 1

1. JTR *
2. The Best of What's Around *
3. Satellite
4. The Space Between *
5. Rhyme and Reason
6. Mother Father *
7. Everyday *
8. Pantala Naga Pampa>Rapunzel
9. What You Are

Disc 2

1. Sleep To Dream Her>
2. Prelude To Grace>Grace Is Gone
3. Jimi Thing
4. When the World Ends
5. Granny *
6. True Reflections *
7. Stay (Wasting Time) *
8. Waste
9. Tripping Billies

Disc 3

1. Captain(partial)>Too Much (6.22)
2. Minarets * (6.24)
3. Drive In, Drive Out (6.24)
4. Angel * (6.22) [ a whopping 13:21 ]
5. Don't Drink the Water (6.24)
6. Big Eyed Fish> (6.22)
7. Bartender (6.22)
8. Lover Lay Down (6.24)
9. Recently (6.24)

* with The Lovely Ladies

rsj
08-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Nope.

RageATL
08-07-2014, 05:21 PM
More LLs and garbage ED songs, greeeaaat.

Tomacco
08-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Dig it. Looks like a very fresh show for the collection. Prelude to Grace, Mother Father and Waste are unique here, plus some other songs we haven't seen much of. Plus we haven't had anything but FF from 2001 and this is a good compliment to that.

SeekUpAB
08-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Looks pretty good to me. I like it as an out of the box choice and just glad it's not something recent. Might've preferred the next night, but the extra disc is a nice bonus.

TheNoise
08-07-2014, 05:25 PM
An Angel with the LL on a bonus disc.... The balls on these people.

.Gary.
08-07-2014, 05:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/G83EFog.gif

http://i.imgur.com/3pzYFIj.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/MeagerUnknownJavalina.gif

http://i.imgur.com/JQWp1l6.gif

http://i.minus.com/iZMsnwMZ40Lws.gif

http://i.imgur.com/TRDDv67.gif

JWood
08-07-2014, 05:29 PM
It was only a matter of time before they released a 2001 show in the Live Trax series, appreciate the filler material tho

n0t a n00b
08-07-2014, 05:31 PM
That Lover Lay Down is epic Roi for sure.

TheNoise
08-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Definitely bought LT 30, have to support that quality stuff. This will be a download, no way I'm buying this.

Jack
08-07-2014, 05:33 PM

Amen.

Also, needed a sbd Waste. Lots of treasures amonst the trash here. I will buy this. Would have loved the longer Captain tease. Oh well.

gweeps
08-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Prelude to Grace!

sdaltons
08-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Like the recent trend of bonus discs. Hope that continues.

mjf
08-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Like I said right after their return, the fucking Lunch Ladies are a cancer

Starts off not so bad... LBV. Then they ruin some awesome songs. Then they bring back a bunch of garbage that should be dead. This all leads to them closing the last 5 songs of an already shortened set........ and finally, this LT :lol

sean52692
08-07-2014, 05:48 PM
A bit of a troll job for a selection but there's still some nice stuff scattered scarcely throughout. This LLD is worth marveling over & when I saw the thread title I was afraid it'd go untouched. Prelude to Grace and Waste will be nice. I think there's a Little Thing partial or tease in there too which will probably get cut.

I'm more excited for the bonus disc.

JWood
08-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Like the recent trend of bonus discs. Hope that continues.

:upyours

sean52692
08-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Cover art:

http://static.musictoday.com/store/bands/1/product_large/TWEETERTRAX.JPG

Mersh
08-07-2014, 06:08 PM
LT 30 was fantastic...then this. Some tracks that will be good to have in there, but overall it is a pass.

Billy'sTV
08-07-2014, 06:12 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Cc26NeAV67Q/U-QHZywOXEI/AAAAAAAAAg8/RILgQ_vWATk/w450-h253-no/lld.gif

AhoraMazda
08-07-2014, 06:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/G83EFog.gif

http://i.imgur.com/3pzYFIj.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/MeagerUnknownJavalina.gif

http://i.imgur.com/JQWp1l6.gif

http://i.minus.com/iZMsnwMZ40Lws.gif

http://i.imgur.com/TRDDv67.gif

bahahaha

AhoraMazda
08-07-2014, 06:15 PM
This the only year I refused to go see them live. They played two nights back to back at Walnut Creek and played these shitty new songs off of their shitty new album. I happily canceled my warehouse membership and deleted Everday off of Napster.

Jack
08-07-2014, 06:16 PM
And yet, 13 years later here you are.

AhoraMazda
08-07-2014, 06:17 PM
And yet, 13 years later here you are.

Proudly.

mario
08-07-2014, 06:18 PM
This is what LiveTrax should be, a high quality record of the better performances each year by the band. It should not be the Wrigley Field/Fenway Park cash grab of a hyped show nonsense that it's been at times.

That doesn't mean each release is the best show the band has ever played, but a highlight show for that tour. And that Camden run was definitely a highlight stand of the 2001 tour.

That said, I read through this twice before I realized it is tragically night 2 instead of night 3, which was by far the best show of the weekend:

Dave Matthews Band
June 24, 2001
Tweeter Center at the Waterfront, Camden, NJ

What Would You Say
Drive In Drive Out
When the World Ends
So Right
Minarets
Little Thing [tease]
Lover Lay Down
Seek Up
I Did It
Recently
Digging a Ditch
Angel
Don't Drink the Water
Fool to Think
The Space Between
All Along the Watchtower
-----------------------------------
Captain [partial]
Funny How Time Slips Away
Ants Marching
Scott Brown's tape of 2001-06-24 was definitely the most played Aud I've ever owned.

I think this has been mentioned before, but this was the result of a weird scheduling quirk where DMB was playing all stadiums, but Veteran's Stadium was still the only one that existed in Philadelphia. And there is something in Philly called the Carpenter Cup which is a baseball tournament of all-star teams from each high school league in the Philadelphia region. Its named after an owner of the Phillies, and the Phillies run it or have some sort of affiliation, so it was always played in Veterans' Stadium while the Phillies were on road trips in June.

So in 2001 it ran from the 17th to the 24th (http://www.tedsilary.com/carpentercup1.htm) and the Phillies had home games the 15th through 17th and then the 25th through July 1st. So DMB was basically shit out of luck to get into a stadium in Philly and settled for a Friday to Sunday run in Camden, which turned it into one of the toughest tickets to get that entire tour.

And without projecting too much, the combination of being the last stand before a long vacation and a return to an intimate setting in the midst of stadiums seemed to have a pretty strong impact on the band. Nights 2 and 3 are tied on the almanac as 5th rarest shows of the 47 show summer tour.

sean52692
08-07-2014, 06:18 PM
This the only year I refused to go see them live. They played two nights back to back at Walnut Creek and played these shitty new songs off of their shitty new album. I happily canceled my warehouse membership and deleted Everday off of Napster.

http://img.pandawhale.com/54037-Thats-brilliant-gif-cxnC.gif

celluloid hero
08-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Will buy to continue to support baller bonus discs. Plus it is a really good show.

Mike VDH
08-07-2014, 06:20 PM
I can make a pretty nice single disc compilation out of these 3 discs.

Mersh
08-07-2014, 06:23 PM
That said, I read through this twice before I realized it is tragically night 2 instead of night 3, which was by far the best show of the weekend:

Yeah, I don't mind that it is an 01 show...just not even the best show of that run.

mario
08-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I don't mind that it is an 01 show...just not even the best show of that run.
I assume it was because they wanted to go with the slightest more mainstream set, and then grabbed the highlights of night 3 for the bonus? Maybe they think Prelude and Mother Father never before released will make it stick out and sell better? But yeah, definitely disappointing. By memory, I think not having that Lover->Seek Up is a real tragedy, but I guess they didn't want two songs to take up 26:33 of the bonus disc.

celluloid hero
08-07-2014, 06:28 PM

That's entirely arguable. I think night 3 is a nice setlist that is entirely devoid of energy. Night 1 isn't in the conversation obviously.

celluloid hero
08-07-2014, 06:29 PM
I assume it was because they wanted to go with the slightest more mainstream set, and then grabbed the highlights of night 3 for the bonus? Maybe they think Prelude and Mother Father never before released will make it stick out and sell better? But yeah, definitely disappointing.

The thinking was actually that night 2 is the better show.

SeekUpAB
08-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Wow, N1 looks awful.

mario
08-07-2014, 06:33 PM
The thinking was actually that night 2 is the better show.
Thats unfortunate. Night 3 was a really unique show that tour because it was mellow and jazzy. It had a collection of pretty rare for that tour jazzier tunes all in one show: DIDO (3/5), Minarets (3/3), Lover (1/3), Seek Up (1/11). That's what made it a highlight gig.

By comparison, Prelude is the only song played Night 2 that was played less than 7 times that tour.

Mersh
08-07-2014, 06:38 PM
That's entirely arguable. I think night 3 is a nice setlist that is entirely devoid of energy. Night 1 isn't in the conversation obviously.

Obviously it is personal preference, but I enjoy night 3 more. I mean this show has Mother Father, which I guess is a selling point to some, but I enjoy the night 3 set and performance more.

Mersh
08-07-2014, 06:39 PM
By memory, I think not having that Lover->Seek Up is a real tragedy, but I guess they didn't want two songs to take up 26:33 of the bonus disc.

Thankfully, 13 minutes of Angel made the cut.

gweeps
08-07-2014, 06:44 PM

Worse: it's over 14 minutes.

mjf
08-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Plus it is a really good show.

Well that certainly raises my feelings about it then. If nothing else, it will be atleast somewhat fresh because the last time I listened to an entire 2001 show was Folsom 10+ years ago

One of these nights was almost my first DM-related show. My friend was going with his dad and offered to take me along since I was so obsessed with Luther College back then. I declined because I thought IDI and TSB were absolutely terrible. I was always kind of proud of that fact, but with you and Mario saying these were good I actually regret it now

Mitch
08-07-2014, 06:49 PM
I was definitely disappointed to see it's an 2001 show, but I've never heard it, and it sounds like there's some decent highlights sprinkled throughout, including the bonus disc. And like I said a while back, LT 30 bought them patience on my end for a bit, so I will give this one a chance.

torres
08-07-2014, 06:52 PM
7.25.01 is the only possible selection needed from 01. Ugh

Billy'sTV
08-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Not really against an 2001 but just bad timing the way 2014 has gone. Unless of course the LL will be at 6 of the next 7 shows then I guess we're still in 2001-nostalgia mode....

Welsh
08-07-2014, 07:03 PM
This is what LiveTrax should be, a high quality record of the better performances each year by the band. It should not be the Wrigley Field/Fenway Park cash grab of a hyped show nonsense that it's been at times.

That doesn't mean each release is the best show the band has ever played, but a highlight show for that tour. And that Camden run was definitely a highlight stand of the 2001 tour.

Scott Brown's tape of 2001-06-24 was definitely the most played Aud I've ever owned.

I think this has been mentioned before, but this was the result of a weird scheduling quirk where DMB was playing all stadiums, but Veteran's Stadium was still the only one that existed in Philadelphia. And there is something in Philly called the Carpenter Cup which is a baseball tournament of all-star teams from each high school league in the Philadelphia region. Its named after an owner of the Phillies, and the Phillies run it or have some sort of affiliation, so it was always played in Veterans' Stadium while the Phillies were on road trips in June.

So in 2001 it ran from the 17th to the 24th (http://www.tedsilary.com/carpentercup1.htm) and the Phillies had home games the 15th through 17th and then the 25th through July 1st. So DMB was basically shit out of luck to get into a stadium in Philly and settled for a Friday to Sunday run in Camden, which turned it into one of the toughest tickets to get that entire tour.

And without projecting too much, the combination of being the last stand before a long vacation and a return to an intimate setting in the midst of stadiums seemed to have a pretty strong impact on the band. Nights 2 and 3 are tied on the almanac as 5th rarest shows of the 47 show summer tour.

That is a terrific read on that 3 nighter. They blew the roof off the place and for such an abysmal tour. I too wore out those discs for those shows, but I still have them! And I agree, we should have 6/24/01 with highlights from N1 and 2, but Dave's voice was rougher that night. Prob had something to do with it.

sean52692
08-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Thats unfortunate. Night 3 was a really unique show that tour because it was mellow and jazzy. It had a collection of pretty rare for that tour jazzier tunes all in one show: DIDO (3/5), Minarets (3/3), Lover (1/3), Seek Up (1/11). That's what made it a highlight gig.

By comparison, Prelude is the only song played Night 2 that was played less than 7 times that tour.

DIDO and Minarets are jazzy tunes?

Carter is a definite treat on both of those performances and Butch adds that really cool sitar like effect during Minarets which was awesome. That was such a great Minarets until the Ladies chimed in.

aawil
08-07-2014, 07:11 PM
I need to dig out the stubs I think this is the night I went but I can't remember for sure.

Mersh
08-07-2014, 07:11 PM
I assume this means another LT in time for Christmas?

torres
08-07-2014, 07:12 PM
I remember scoffing when LT25 was announced, but then it quickly ended being a personal favorite.

I still think it's a top 3 LT as far as mixes go.

Fan#41
08-07-2014, 07:14 PM

It's been on my list for them to release for a long time. I'm very happy it's finally out. Can't wait to hear how it's mixed.

celluloid hero
08-07-2014, 07:16 PM
The timing can't be coincidental. They haven't released a 2001 in well over ten years, it's got some different stuff on it, it's a really good show and a lot of the good stuff from the weekend including the most important thing made the bonus disc.

There's obviously going to be some judgment about future bonus discs for Live Traxes based on this. I would think they would know that this release is fighting reactions and overreactions like "a cancer" and will judge if a bonus disc can help move sales. It's a stronger disc than the CVille disc, IMO, so I hope it helps.

dmb2much40
08-07-2014, 07:17 PM
7.25.01 is the only possible selection needed from 01. Ugh

Agree.

This show sucks and outside of lover lay down, the bonus disc isn't much better. Pass on this without thinking twice.

tbowie
08-07-2014, 07:17 PM
* with The Lovely Ladies

Nope.

Billy'sTV
08-07-2014, 07:28 PM
There's obviously going to be some judgment about future bonus discs for Live Traxes based on this. I would think they would know that this release is fighting reactions and overreactions like "a cancer" and will judge if a bonus disc can help move sales. It's a stronger disc than the CVille disc, IMO, so I hope it helps.

If this release doesn't sell well hopefully they're smart enough to realize it's due to the show choice and not whether or not there was a bonus CD.

That will be the reason.

It's up the the #DMBFamily types to buy this sorta release......

torres
08-07-2014, 07:36 PM
Agree.

This show sucks and outside of lover lay down, the bonus disc isn't much better. Pass on this without thinking twice.

And not a single performance from the show on that bonus disc. Goddamn.

ThememanXX
08-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Excellent. I'm in for this one. Love these shows.

sean52692
08-07-2014, 07:41 PM

This seems like the kind of release the #DMFAmily will eat up. Lovely Ladies, Everyday songs, and True Reflections.

last72stop
08-07-2014, 07:52 PM

Half the people who posted in this thread said they would be getting it...

celluloid hero
08-07-2014, 07:54 PM
If this release doesn't sell well hopefully they're smart enough to realize it's due to the show choice and not whether or not there was a bonus CD.

That will be the reason.

That's kind of the purpose though. Will something move better with it. It's worth the $16 alone. Lover is worth that alone. It's pretty cool to see the bonus discs that could have been released previously in that thread, there's no way future ones wouldn't have great stuff. Especially if they're branching into different years and we get a '97-'99 next. Aside from Seek Up for Angel, and maybe Fool to Think for something, it's pretty much the bonus disc I would pick for the show. I don't know any compilation disc I would say that about.

Mersh
08-07-2014, 07:59 PM

Buy this or no more bonus discs. They should have attached it to an 05 show for a test case.

Billy'sTV
08-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Half the people who posted in this thread said they would be getting it...

Sure..... There are just a million other choices that would have been more interesting than this one. Particularly for the show downloading/forum types.....

torres
08-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Wow, this Jimi clocks in at over 18 minutes. Also, the only song to top 10 mins.

dmb2much40
08-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Wow, this Jimi clocks in at over 18 minutes. Also, the only song to top 10 mins.

Don't worry, the bonus disc gives you a 14 minute angel jam.

JimBeam41
08-07-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm biased as I was at this show, but I'll be buying this release. I think it actually looks good with a nice bonus disc. My only complaint is no Fool To Think or Ain't It Funny on the bonus disc.

Great info by Mario as to why they didn't play the Vet in Philly in 2001, I've always wondered why they didn't.

celluloid hero
08-07-2014, 08:04 PM
Buy this or no more bonus discs. They should have attached it to an 05 show for a test case.

I wasn't saying that that's what would happen. I have no idea, I'd just rather do what I know would make the trend continue, that's buying it.

BrokenThings
08-07-2014, 08:04 PM
I am so all about this. fresh release for sure.

dmb2much40
08-07-2014, 08:06 PM
I'm normally not this negative on releases, but between the ladies and heavy everyday selection there's not much left to get excited about. I will say the lover performance is one of my favorite roi moments.

Billy'sTV
08-07-2014, 08:07 PM
I wasn't saying that that's what would happen. I have no idea, I'd just rather do what I know would make the trend continue, that's buying it.

See that's my problem. You think buying this is a nod toward bonus CDs. I think buying it is a nod toward keep the ladies around for 2015....

Had the ladies not come back in 2014 I'd be more open to this choice....

JimBeam41
08-07-2014, 08:11 PM
And of course the t-shirt has the wrong date on it (6/22/01)

torres
08-07-2014, 08:19 PM
At least it's something pre 09.

ThememanXX
08-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Another 2001 JTR. :upyours

And finally a Sleep to Dream Her official release (unless I missed one?)

torres
08-07-2014, 08:25 PM
Another 2001 JTR. :upyours

And finally a Sleep to Dream Her official release (unless I missed one?)

You missed that 03 LT's STDH.

Jack
08-07-2014, 08:25 PM
These shows always had a soft spot for me & no one hated the LL's / '01 tour more than me. I also think 13 years & lots of shittier material has softened my stance on '01. Hell, coincidently, I listened to the wh8 Angel & Mother Father today & thought how sad it was that they actually sound better with age. Plus, there is A LOT of cool shit on this release that x's off so much for the sbd completist in me.

And, even though it's an '01, I am surprised at that virulent negativity. It's a top 5 '01 choice & the bonus disc makes it. As Rob said, the Lover is worth the price alone.

Mersh
08-07-2014, 08:29 PM
I can afford $16 (+ $10 for shipping over whatever), but for 1 track that seems kind of silly to me. I am not not anti an 01 release.

That being said, I will give the show another listen and decide.

edit: but man, the ladies shitting up BOWA and Minarets...not to mention a big chunk of them on the first disc. Ooof.

Mersh
08-07-2014, 08:31 PM
See that's my problem. You think buying this is a nod toward bonus CDs. I think buying it is a nod toward keep the ladies around for 2015....

Had the ladies not come back in 2014 I'd be more open to this choice....

I don't think sales of this show will be a deciding factor in future shows with the ladies guesting.

dmb2much40
08-07-2014, 08:32 PM
At this point they've released so many shows, which I'm thankful for, that I feel like I can be picky about which I choose to buy.

Jack
08-07-2014, 08:34 PM
I can't quite make it rain like Mersh, but I'll pay $16 for sbds these tracks.

1. JTR *
2. The Best of What's Around *
3. Satellite
6. Mother Father *
1. Sleep To Dream Her>
2. Prelude To Grace>Grace Is Gone
8. Waste
1. Captain(partial)>Too Much (6.22)
2. Minarets * (6.24)
3. Drive In, Drive Out (6.24)
6. Big Eyed Fish> (6.22)
7. Bartender (6.22)
8. Lover Lay Down (6.24)
9. Recently (6.24)

Mersh
08-07-2014, 08:38 PM
I can't quite make it rain like Mersh, but I'll pay $16 for sbds these tracks.

Public employee wages, son.

Mersh
08-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Mother Father, Jack? I thought I knew you.

torres
08-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Anything special about that BEF - Bartender? Folsom will always be my #1. Hear one, hear them all, is my train of thought.

Thrawn
08-07-2014, 08:40 PM
I am all in on this one. Hell with y'all. :upyours

Mersh
08-07-2014, 08:42 PM
I'm really not sure where I am with this one. I need to listen to the show again. On face value there are a few tracks I would want, but some real turds as well. Will have to hit dt.org to give it another go.

I'll just assume they are saving the shows that are accepted as must haves for like LT 90-100.

bsan83
08-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Public employee wages, son.

http://www.nuthinbutagifthang.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Rick-Ross-Throwing-Money.gif

bsan83
08-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Best of What's Around and Minarets with the ladies are both going to be brutal.

Thrawn
08-07-2014, 08:45 PM
This STDH > Prelude > Grace has been #1 on my list of "God I hope they release that on a Warehouse disc someday!" for like 10 years. I'll genuinely take the whole show just for that, which I realize means I'm an irrationally obsessive fan at this point, but so it goes. The rest is just bonus. Love the extra disc, too.

Billy'sTV
08-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Prelude To Grace is cool.....

7FPJJdgu6Ng

celluloid hero
08-07-2014, 08:52 PM
After 78 shows, I like seeing different. I'm not a fan of Mother Father, but I'm happy to have another released. Prelude will be awesome too.

The Fish Bartenders were great that whole tour.

Jack
08-07-2014, 08:56 PM
After 78 shows, I like seeing different. I'm not a fan of Mother Father, but I'm happy to have another released. Prelude will be awesome too.

The Fish Bartenders were great that whole tour.

That's all I'm saying. There's some cool 'strange' on this release.

sean52692
08-07-2014, 09:20 PM
What's the other release of Waste? What am I thinking of?

Jack
08-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Studio cut from some tribute disc?

JustinC
08-07-2014, 09:25 PM
What a shitty release

gweeps
08-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Studio cut from some tribute disc?:upyours

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharin%27_in_the_Groove

sean52692
08-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Studio cut from some tribute disc?

:upyours

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharin%27_in_the_Groove

Yeah, that sounds familiar.

gweeps
08-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Though I will say, this (dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.aspx?id=12&tid=2&where=2001) would have been a more historically appropriate release.

Poth Ead
08-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Jeez. What a bummer esp after LT30. Mother Father is the redeeming quality? We already have a decent live version with Santana. That Lover is pretty sweet. I won't be purchasing this :smoke

Klooner
08-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Way too much of the Ladies here to consider purchasing.

sean52692
08-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Last release with the Ladies was....Folsom?

LIOGwhat
08-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Was at this show...it certainly gets points for the "different" factor...but camden has had some stellar shows over the years. To put this one out from the list of possible choices just kinda...sucks.

sean52692
08-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Was at this show...it certainly gets points for the "different" factor...but camden has had some stellar shows over the years. To put this one out from the list of possible choices just kinda...sucks.

You could pick shows out of a hat from several tours since 2000 & they'd be a better overall show than this one. But yeah, it's got uniqueness and a few standout performances. Plus it highlights an era/tour like Mario said.

cryfreedom09
08-07-2014, 09:57 PM
This was out of left field. Not horrible but not something I'm too terribly excited for.

LIOGwhat
08-07-2014, 10:14 PM
You could pick shows out of a hat from several tours since 2000 & they'd be a better overall show than this one. But yeah, it's got uniqueness and a few standout performances. Plus it highlights an era/tour like Mario said.

my buddy and i were texting and just ran through some shows together on the almanac....

uniqueness aside, we decided any camden show from 02-14, with the exception of 05, would probably still be better than this. and you have to figure another camden show won't come along anytime too soon if ever?

-02 fell on the release of busted stuff
-night 2 in 03 featured a run of epic BTCS songs and had spoon, -04 was a sick tour all around
- 06 had a run that went (raven, say goodbye, nannies, warehouse, typical, billies, JTR)
- night 2 in 07 was one of the strongest shows of that short 07 tour
-08 had all those unique covers with tim being back
-09 night 2 was a sick set all the way through despite being big whiskey heavy
- 7/1/10 probably has crash as the weakest song in the set which says a lot
- 2013 and this year's shows were hot as well!

n0t a n00b
08-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Lol.

People were clamoring so hard for Butch shows and now we get some and people are going nuts. Classic dmb fandom.

Anyway like I said earlier, the Lover Lay Down is tits and worth the price alone, not to mention the Prelude, which I have spun at least 5-10 times a year since it happened, their is nothing to complain about here.

The bonus disc concept should make up for any gripes IMO

If I wanted a 2001 show it would be 7/27 because it was my first show, but I don't even think a soundboard could top the Willoughby tape from that show.

What would be awesome is if they released a very well mixed 8/3 8/4 Meadows run or the Gorge shows 8/24-8/26

Despite everyone thinking 01 blowed balls, it actually wasn't that bad, and honestly end of July 01 to Gorge run is still some of my favorite shit

The meadows shows and Gorge shows are awesome. The captain and pig teases at Gorge were great

Meadows Grey Street is still my favorite ever.

sean52692
08-07-2014, 11:44 PM
their is nothing to complain about here.

Just the Lovely Ladies and Everyday songs. :nono

Tambourine Man
08-08-2014, 12:24 AM
They saw how the fans reacted at the shows to the LL. Now they have to cash out on it

The Godfather
08-08-2014, 12:30 AM
I am surprised by this choice. Interesting.

Mersh
08-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Lol.

People were clamoring so hard for Butch shows and now we get some and people are going nuts. Classic dmb fandom.

First of all, where are all the posts from people "clamoring so hard" for Butch shows? I missed them. Second, I don't get what this has to do with the discussion about this show.

dmb2much40
08-08-2014, 05:24 AM
Though I will say, this (dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.aspx?id=12&tid=2&where=2001) would have been a more historically appropriate release.

Now something like this I would be on board with.

dmb2much40
08-08-2014, 05:27 AM
They saw how the fans reacted at the shows to the LL. Now they have to cash out on it

This is probably correct. Which is fine after they threw us a bone with LT 30. Variety.

Fan#41
08-08-2014, 06:24 AM
Honestly, if it took another release with the Ladies to get us an official recording of LLD from 6/24 then so be it.

Mersh
08-08-2014, 06:30 AM
This is probably correct. Which is fine after they threw us a bone with LT 30. Variety.

I find it hard to believe they chose this show because of reactions from this tour to the ladies. I

celluloid hero
08-08-2014, 07:28 AM

As far as I know, it had nothing to do with reaction to the Ladies, but the timing isn't coincidental. Like them or not, they are certainly relevant right now. You're obviously the camp that doesn't, at least they're getting the Lady thing out of their system with the show and hopefully with the tour.

I agree with Mersh. I don't think there's that kind of connection between Live Trax and ticket sales/reaction. The band is in full on electric rock band mode, the Butch shows pretty much go away as they release Tim shows, and their fall back 1995 shows. Ladies guest, they try to get some different stuff out there, this pick makes sense. We can debate over which night is better 2 or 3, I agree the night 3 setlist is better top to bottom. They just sound exhausted to me, part of the reason I love that Lover so much. Everyone hangs back and lets Roi own it. That's why this is the perfect weekend to do the bonus disc. There are 2 shows worthy of releasing and highlights from a third.

I have had conversations where it has been specifically mentioned that they are trying for some variety. Looking at the last few releases across the board, while of course there are exceptions like CVille, which was obviously a holiday package, they've stood out with their variety. The February 1995 is the only thing that is kind of a more of the same release. I would give you the Argentina show as well, but that's one the exceptions I mentioned because it was clearly a promo pick.

Before that, I think you have to go back to the Scranton pick to find one where couldn't say there was something really different about it, and that pick was a band pick. There's something to be said for that as well. It gets me excited that if the trend continues, we have to hit a late '90s show soon and a bonus disc with this type of selection criteria will lead to some cool stuff being released.

somf4eva
08-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Agreed.

I am in the thankful for variety club. I welcome the change and will purchase this.

Tomacco
08-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Agreed.

I am in the thankful for variety club. I welcome the change and will purchase this.

Agreed. I could go another few years without another 92-97 release, personally.

I think first we need another '98, '02, '03, '04, '07, '09, '12, '13 and '14. I would have said '01 too before this was announced.

d.m.bfan222
08-08-2014, 07:54 AM
Went to these three shows, I think Mario summed it up nicely. It was a great run and I am looking forward to this release. The LLD alone is worth it. Wish they also released the Seek Up that followed it.

Thrawn
08-08-2014, 08:26 AM
First of all, where are all the posts from people "clamoring so hard" for Butch shows? I missed them. Second, I don't get what this has to do with the discussion about this show.

I, for one, have been pretty consistent in wanting more Butch shows. And I'm super excited about this release.

JWood
08-08-2014, 08:26 AM

o/

JustinC
08-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Agreed. I could go another few years without another 92-97 release, personally.

Another '97? You know there has only been one '97 DMB show released, right?

You would rather have a show from '01, '07, '09, '12, and '14 than '97?

http://media.thedailytouch.com/2014/05/get-out-of-my-face.gif

blumathu
08-08-2014, 08:50 AM
What's the other release of Waste? What am I thinking of?

This was also on the bonnaroo Dave and Friends release I believe.

Before that, I think you have to go back to the Scranton pick to find one where couldn't say there was something really different about it, and that pick was a band pick.

The band chose a release? That's actually pretty cool.

Jayes
08-08-2014, 08:55 AM
I had not heard that :upyours how do we know that?

batleon
08-08-2014, 09:05 AM
2001 :lol

Still, I feel like someone was talking about this show here just recently and saying it was decent. I'll pass but I don't think this is a terrible choice...

I also find celluloid's recent thread about bonus discs with releases to be strangely prescient :)

One note about the bonus disc - this was their chance to go deep on 2001. Bad year overall but there are a number of performances that year that need release (i.e. The Trey LIOG, the Soulive #41) and this would have been the perfect chance to do so. I don't know why they feel like they have to keep the bonus discs tied to the venue.

That being said, this Lover Lay Down is the shit :upyours

celluloid hero
08-08-2014, 09:07 AM
I had not heard that :upyours how do we know that?

It was from a random conversation maybe 18 months ago in CVille at the fall 2012 shows, but I thought I had posted it a few times. It's how I started sending notes for the announcement write up. I thought that it really should have been the first sentence of their announcement. Because that was release was like, "good show and all, but why? Especially with the SDL just released on the WH disc." But knowing that might have made a difference in terms of outlook and and maybe even some sales. So I offered to help with some facts that might be relevant to our type of fan.

It makes the overlap make sense. They put together a compilation, then send a mass e-mail to the band that only Stefan reads and responds to (which I don't know, but you can imagine it) asking them what show on the tour they remember as being awesome, they reply with Scranton, they aren't going to push back because one song was just selected for the WH disc. The paper printing of the discs takes the longest and the die was probably already cast on the WH disc, so you have a coincidence that really just looks like one side doesn't know what the other is doing, unfortunately.

batleon
08-08-2014, 09:08 AM
I assume this means another LT in time for Christmas?

Eh, I'm guessing we'll get a release from this year's tour for Christmas. But maybe we'll get one more LT before the end of the year too...

DMBCLSTJ
08-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Kinda wish Grey Street was on one of these discs... those streets from 00' -'01 were simply the best :upyours

Thrawn
08-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I wish we'd have gotten Grey Street and Fool To Think instead of Angel.

batleon
08-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Another BEF from this tour is not a bad thing either.

celluloid hero
08-08-2014, 09:14 AM
2001 :lol

I also find celluloid's recent thread about bonus discs with releases to be strangely prescient :)

One note about the bonus disc - this was their chance to go deep on 2001. Bad year overall but there are a number of performances that year that need release (i.e. The Trey LIOG, the Soulive #41) and this would have been the perfect chance to do so. I don't know why they feel like they have to keep the bonus discs tied to the venue.

I think there was enough from the weekend that there wasn't a need to branch out to the rest of the tour. They've done that with other releases and I'd think if it was a single night show, they would have done that, no idea though.

As far as the bonus disc thread, that was coincidence entirely. On the way to the airport one Thursday I listened to the Some Devil bonus disc and then just marathoned various ones until I pulled into my house and figured with the people here it would be a good thread here. Nothing to read into there.

celluloid hero
08-08-2014, 09:15 AM
Eh, I'm guessing we'll get a release from this year's tour for Christmas. But maybe we'll get one more LT before the end of the year too...

hopefully two DMBlives as well. I'm greedy, though.

batleon
08-08-2014, 09:20 AM
I think there was enough from the weekend that there wasn't a need to branch out to the rest of the tour. They've done that with other releases and I'd think if it was a single night show, they would have done that, no idea though.

Yeah I mean they can get away with it here since it's part of a three nighter. But the Cville release or Citi Field for example, limiting those to just the other night of a two night stand ignored a lot of good material from their respective tours.

As far as the bonus disc thread, that was coincidence entirely. On the way to the airport one Thursday I listened to the Some Devil bonus disc and then just marathoned various ones until I pulled into my house and figured with the people here it would be a good thread here. Nothing to read into there.

Fair enough, for a second I thought you'd gotten some insight into their thinking on this. I am hoping for more bonus discs like this though.

hopefully two DMBlives as well. I'm greedy, though.

I do hope we get more than just this and a 2014 release before the end of the year. For me though I'm usually happy if they give me one really high quality release a year and they've already hit the mark on that with LT30 so anything else is gravy.

ThememanXX
08-08-2014, 09:34 AM
For nostalgia's sake, I love seeing those mushroom-y stage things on the cover art. :)

ThememanXX
08-08-2014, 09:37 AM
also love that they added this:

hidden gems like Lover Lay Down, which might be the answer to "what was LeRoi's greatest moment on stage.

mjf
08-08-2014, 10:10 AM
This show really doesn't do anything for me, but I'm really happy they are taking chances now that you guys pointed it out. The bonus disc, DVD with CVille, 2/19/96, and the Muse show that they are taking chances and keeping the series fresh.

I'm buying it for a friend who was there as a gift, but I don't need a copy of this show I don't think. Maybe after I listen to it :dunno: but doubtful

Jack
08-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Musictoday please explain to me
Why '01 Everyday setlists & Ladies play
While '97 & '98 fade away
What do we tell our boarders
What do we say?

Jack
08-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Just going to point out for the 2nd time, & now for the second straight day I am hammering wh8v2. The distance & some extra variety are really nice. Dave's got what I want, Dave's got what I need. Angel bring my soulive. Kraz dampening the panties. Some straight filth here.

mario
08-08-2014, 10:32 AM
What do we say?

Just going to point out for the 2nd time, & now for the second straight day I am hammering wh8v2. The distance & some extra variety are really nice. Dave's got what I want, Dave's got what I need. Angel bring my soulive. Kraz dampening the panties. Some straight filth
here.

Looks like Jack's National IPA Day didn't conclude at midnight.

dmb1981
08-08-2014, 10:37 AM
I remember liking this show. Looking forward to it. As long as they keep mixing up the releases, I'll be happy having a few from all era's.

Mitch
08-08-2014, 10:50 AM
What do we say?

:lol

2001 was a great year for Grey Street! Oh wait, there is none on this release.

Some decent highlights throughout, I guess. But a LOT of the ladies, and on some tunes they have no business on (e.g., Minarets).

Like most, I'm looking forward to some of the highlights of the release, and hopefullly will be pleasantly surprised with more of it, but it is definitely not what I was looking for. But it is "variety", I suppose.

mja271
08-08-2014, 10:57 AM
I don't have any problem with this release. It's the second 2001 out of like 50 official releases we have, why not.

ThememanXX
08-08-2014, 11:20 AM
I really started following DMB between Winter 2000 and the 2001 Summer Tour.....this is just straight up nostalgia for me. I went to the 6/24/01 show (my third) and ended up missing half of it.....walked into the amphitheater during Recently, hah. Puerto Rican Day Parade snarled traffic on the Ben Franklin Bridge. Sat there for an hour or so waiting and waiting. Ran through the mean streets of Camden to get into the venue.

Mersh
08-08-2014, 11:32 AM
I, for one, have been pretty consistent in wanting more Butch shows. And I'm super excited about this release.

I just don't come across a substantial number of "where are the Butch releases?!" threads/posts.

.Gary.
08-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Shitty release, pure and simple.

kylebond13
08-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Can anyone post LLD? Thx..

gweeps
08-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Can anyone post LLD? Thx..

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pxtl9y

bsan83
08-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Giving the AUD of this a listen now. So far, Space Between and Mother Father with the ladies really are just as bad as I remembered them. :lol

celluloid hero
08-08-2014, 12:05 PM
BAHDAH BAH BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

bsan83
08-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Everyday from this tour is a total guilty pleasure though. I like them singing over 'Roi's #36 part.

kylebond13
08-08-2014, 12:53 PM
https://www.sendspace.com/file/pxtl9y

thanks so much

Thrawn
08-08-2014, 01:07 PM
I just don't come across a substantial number of "where are the Butch releases?!" threads/posts.

There was a lot more of that before Trax 25 and 26, both of which were Butch shows, but I'm definitely all for more.

Mersh
08-08-2014, 02:05 PM
There was a lot more of that before Trax 25 and 26, both of which were Butch shows, but I'm definitely all for more.

The 100s of threads and 1000s of posts demanding releases that highlighted Butch flew under my radar.

Semantics I suppose.

ThememanXX
08-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Can we add a poll to this one? I'm curious as to who's in favor and against this release (bonus disc and all.)

celluloid hero
08-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Poll should have some different buying options. Buying because of show, buying because of filler, etc...

JustinC
08-08-2014, 03:02 PM
There might have a been a couple of Butch superfans that wanted shows because of him. But the reality is people didn't want Butch era shows because of him, they just wanted certain shows from those years.

Because in a span of 5 years they released one show that took place between '98-'07. Then there was that whole Butch conspiracy theory and some people were wondering if shows like 12/3/98 or a Sept 2000 show would never have a chance of being released because of it. But then they put out the clunker that was Live Trax 24 and the ended that.

But other than the Butch superfans no-one was clamoring for Fall '98-'07 shows because of Butch, it's because there are some really great shows from the period.

Mersh
08-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Poll should have some different buying options. Buying because of show, buying because of filler, etc...

buying because of LLD would be the one I'd like to see.

mario
08-08-2014, 04:24 PM
buying because of LLD would be the one I'd like to see.
Would you have to manually ban everyone who chose that option, or as a mod are you able to have it automatically ban anyone who clicks that radio button and presses submit?

bsan83
08-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Boyd's True Reflections solo :lol

bsan83
08-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Could this crowd be any douchier with their screams for FOOOORRRRRRTY! after Waste? Woof.

I agree that there's plenty of "strange" in this show, but there's not a ton that has me hankering to give it another listen. If anything, it reminded me that the 2001 tour had some great moments mired in a sea of suck.

bsan83
08-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Everyday from this tour is a total guilty pleasure though. I like them singing over 'Roi's #36 part.

I went and listened to Hartford '14's version for comparison, and fucking hell Boyd, you honestly can't even play this solo anymore?

mario
08-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Douchey? I wish crowds these days even knew what #40 is. The Family is too busy basking in teh energyz

wiebrod
08-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Douchey? I wish crowds these days even knew what #40 is. The Family is too busy basking in teh energyz

I know crowd chants can get annoying, but asking for #40 is a better decision than most DMB crowds ask for.

dancetheham
08-09-2014, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't say that people were really clamoring for a Butch release, but there was the whole conspiracy theory about the band purposely not releasing Butch-era shows so they didn't have to pay him royalties (and then when they put some Butch-era songs on WH discs, people changed the theory to include the notion that Butch doesn't get any money from those because they are "free"). Then they released that random '06 show and people shut up.

Fan#41
08-09-2014, 09:55 AM
There are plenty of Butch-era shows that I would like to see because of Butch. Not solely because of him but he had healthy hand in making those specific shows great; 7/9/00, 8/25/00, 9/2 - 9/16/00, a few April and July '02 shows, 9/8, 9/9, 9/11/03, 7/11/04, one of the VFC shows from Oct. '04. These are all fantastic shows which were elevated by Butch's additions. Like I said they're not great shows solely because of him, but he had a very helping hand. I'm not looking to get into a Butch is awesome vs. Butch was a crutch argument for the 10,000th time. I'm just saying there are plenty of shows during that era that should and could be released where if Butch was not in attendance those particular shows would not have been as great.

Fan#41
08-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Also, I haven't listened to much from 6/24/01 outside of LLD for a long time but I seem to recall Ants from that show being particularly good. If anyone has that available take a listen and let me know if it's good or maybe I was remembering it differently.

gweeps
08-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Aside from the occasional solo that went on for too long, Butch was a fantastic addition to the band. Mind you I wasn't a fan when the "Original 5" were touring. But I think he gets an unfair rap around here. If for no other reason than he never encouraged DMB to be LOUDERFASTER like Tim does or eliminate horn solos for a section like Ross.

Mind you, it's all DMB's choice. They didn't have to allow Butch to solo for 5 minutes in Bartender or LIOG. They could get Jeff soloing more. They could work with Lillywhite again, keeping the momentum rolling... or never have the Lunch Ladies back again.

Mersh
08-09-2014, 11:50 AM
How did this morph into a discussion about Butch?

willndmb
08-09-2014, 12:04 PM
If I had to take a ll show, this is one of the better. Look at the bright side, they are not on every song

Jack
08-09-2014, 12:12 PM
How did this morph into a discussion about Butch?

You.

JustinC
08-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Decent job by Dave to get people pumped for a shitty Live Trax release by an equally as shitty 2014 tour.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m66ov6DMSj1qj40ryo1_1280.gif

Mersh
08-09-2014, 01:55 PM
You.

Negative, I just thought it was funny that that one guy was claiming that everyone here was clamoring for a Butch show...that somehow not liking a release that has Butch on it is "typical" of the fanbase here.

mjf
08-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Negative, I just thought it was funny that that one guy was claiming that everyone here was clamoring for a Butch show...that somehow not liking a release that has Butch on it is "typical" of the fanbase here.

I always thought about half of the people here or more were huge fans of the good Butch years (not the shitty ones obviously) :dunno: I might be totally off base with that though. Especially the 2000 tour and the "jazzier" dmb stuff from the Butch years... Always seems to get a lot of love on here I thought

Mersh
08-09-2014, 04:28 PM
I always thought about half of the people here or more were huge fans of the good Butch years (not the shitty ones obviously) :dunno: I might be totally off base with that though. Especially the 2000 tour and the "jazzier" dmb stuff from the Butch years... Always seems to get a lot of love on here I thought

Again my point was that the guy was making a ridiculous assertion. Also, yes people like butch, but is anyone dying for certain shows to be released because of him or because they are good shows? I'd say the latter.

greppson
08-09-2014, 06:30 PM
anyone able to toss this up on DT?

ThememanXX
08-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Is it on that "spreadsheet" thingy?

Billy'sTV
08-09-2014, 08:42 PM
anyone able to toss this up on DT?

Is it on that "spreadsheet" thingy?

Yea it's on the spreadsheet:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ag_UrbWRnAujdGZmbWtVU1BJaExCdWhDQjZuazByeEE&hl=en&gid=0

Specifically:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7h7dq1uda3vwm

willndmb
08-09-2014, 08:49 PM
What's the spreadsheet

torres
08-09-2014, 08:53 PM
You still get the bonus disc when you order Flac, yes?

Billy'sTV
08-09-2014, 08:57 PM
What's the spreadsheet

John Weller's project. Most lossless DMB shows via Mediafire or GDrive links: https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ag_UrbWRnAujdGZmbWtVU1BJaExCdWhDQjZuazByeEE&hl=en&gid=0

He originally posted about it on Ants Marching:

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=297201

sean52692
08-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Aside from the occasional solo that went on for too long, Butch was a fantastic addition to the band. Mind you I wasn't a fan when the "Original 5" were touring. But I think he gets an unfair rap around here. If for no other reason than he never encouraged DMB to be LOUDERFASTER like Tim does or eliminate horn solos for a section like Ross.

Mind you, it's all DMB's choice. They didn't have to allow Butch to solo for 5 minutes in Bartender or LIOG. They could get Jeff soloing more. They could work with Lillywhite again, keeping the momentum rolling... or never have the Lunch Ladies back again.

This is the kind of post that launches a Butch/Tim debate.

Jayes
08-10-2014, 08:17 AM
This is the kind of post that launches a Butch/Tim debate.

Really no comparison there. Tim should throw on his acoustic during electric sets, though. Might calm em down a bit. But for tunes like Captain, get out the electric.

Christopher James
08-10-2014, 01:07 PM
I just want more Grey Street's pre-neutered with professional releases. Why can't they choose better 01 shows?

ThememanXX
08-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Yeah, really only leaving off Grey Street is my only complaint.

celluloid hero
08-10-2014, 03:09 PM
I just want more Grey Street's pre-neutered with professional releases. Why can't they choose better 01 shows?

I think even most of the people that preferred 6.24 would still say that this is one of the best shows of the tour. Grey Street was 6.22 this weekend, by far the worst of the three shows.

Most people including myself would tell you that hands-down the best show of the tour was 7.25, Grey Street was not played. I really don't think a 2001 show having Grey Street is indicative of it being a better show. I would've liked to have it on the bonus disc of course.

Mitch
08-10-2014, 06:49 PM
I would've liked to have it on the bonus disc of course.

That's all I meant by my earlier reference, and I'd imagine the others probably feel the same way.

I'm game for as many officially released 2000 and 2001 Grey Streets they want to throw us. But I know we'll get more eventually in time.

DMBTex10101
08-10-2014, 08:27 PM
I'll be buying this one. Lovely Ladies aside, I really enjoy the way they sounded during that era.

JWood
08-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Decent job by Dave to get people pumped for a shitty Live Trax release by an equally as shitty 2014 tour.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m66ov6DMSj1qj40ryo1_1280.gif

We get it... You don't like this release. Move on.

Christopher James
08-11-2014, 01:40 PM
I think even most of the people that preferred 6.24 would still say that this is one of the best shows of the tour. Grey Street was 6.22 this weekend, by far the worst of the three shows.

Most people including myself would tell you that hands-down the best show of the tour was 7.25, Grey Street was not played. I really don't think a 2001 show having Grey Street is indicative of it being a better show. I would've liked to have it on the bonus disc of course.

Most '01 and '00 shows I'm fine with. I definitely think this show is good, I just wish we had another professionally released Grey Street..

batleon
08-11-2014, 02:25 PM
A couple of things I was thinking about:

1. Is this being sold as a 3 CD set or as 2 CDs and the bonus disc packaged separately? If this is a 3 CD set then I take back my comments about the bonus disc from earlier in the thread, it makes sense to keep everything in the set at the same venue.

2. Man Angel is just a bad decision here. Here's a good looking (for '01) show with no Angel and they put it in the bonus disc. It's a bonus track that's actually a detriment to the release. As others said a Grey Street would have been better in that spot. Or nothing at all.

3. Does this release make Folsom Field obsolete?

"Wait, didn't Folsom Field make Folsom Field obsolete? WA HEY!" http://www.talkweather.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rimshot.gif

ThememanXX
08-11-2014, 02:32 PM
3. Does this release make Folsom Field obsolete?

Nah, overall, Folsom was a solid 2001 show. Big Eyed Fish > Bartender; So Right; Recently > Ditch; and that encore were great.

If I'd been picking the 'bonus songs;' I would've kept Angel off and included Grey Street and Fool to Think from N1 and Digging a Ditch after Recently and Ants Marching from N3, but hey, it's still a solid release.

gweeps
08-11-2014, 02:52 PM
I've always enjoyed Stay from that release.

Tomacco
08-11-2014, 03:43 PM
I really like the first half of the FF show.

JustinC
08-11-2014, 04:15 PM
We get it... You don't like this release. Move on.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/01b22b9517c58d493fa76e5dbec0269b/tumblr_msnag7B8of1su4cb8o1_500.gif

dancetheham
08-11-2014, 04:58 PM
1. Is this being sold as a 3 CD set or as 2 CDs and the bonus disc packaged separately? If this is a 3 CD set then I take back my comments about the bonus disc from earlier in the thread, it makes sense to keep everything in the set at the same venue.
Yes, the bonus songs are disc 3, not a separate bonus disc.

bsan83
08-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Nah, overall, Folsom was a solid 2001 show. Big Eyed Fish > Bartender; So Right; Recently > Ditch; and that encore were great.

If I'd been picking the 'bonus songs;' I would've kept Angel off and included Grey Street and Fool to Think from N1 and Digging a Ditch after Recently and Ants Marching from N3, but hey, it's still a solid release.

IIRC, Fool to Think was pretty dreadful in '01. They didn't really tear into it until '02.

mario
08-11-2014, 06:22 PM

Adding the Seek Up from N3's Lover->Seek Up has to be the number one choice on such a list.

mjf
08-11-2014, 08:24 PM
This release does nothing for me whatsoever, but I'm happy that the people who are into this period of the band are getting it. The band has been through so many phases that inevitably there's going to be people who favor different eras obviously. I'm just glad they are diversifying the series quite a bit- from the Muse show, current stuff, to this. Hell, they even threw us guys primarily into D&T one of the biggest fuckin' bones possible! I hope they keep this up. I'm also glad to see the bonus disc, along with the DVD that came with Cville

Again my point was that the guy was making a ridiculous assertion. Also, yes people like butch, but is anyone dying for certain shows to be released because of him or because they are good shows? I'd say the latter.

I gotcha now, yeah there's a big difference between the two and I bet you're right.

Fan#41
08-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Yeah, from 6/24 I would go with Seek Up, Lover Lay Down, and Ants. Still though, I'm really happy they released that LLD.

sean52692
08-11-2014, 09:10 PM
The DVD that came along with C'Ville was wonderful. I haven't watched that thing enough.

gweeps
08-12-2014, 08:11 AM
They did a pretty good job with the bonus disc for that release:

Encore Trax (from 11/20/10)

01 You Might Die Trying
02 Proudest Monkey :segue
03 Satellite
04 Say Goodbye
05 The Song that Jane Likes
06 Why I Am
07 Granny
08 #40 (tease) :segue
The Last Stop

Tomacco
08-12-2014, 09:12 AM
I'm at the point now where I wish they'd do away with physical releases with bonus discs entirely, and just release whole shows and runs digitally. Instead of CD+bonus tracks, why not just release the whole weekend of shows digitally.

ThememanXX
08-12-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm at the point now where I wish they'd do away with physical releases with bonus discs entirely, and just release whole shows and runs digitally. Instead of CD+bonus tracks, why not just release the whole weekend of shows digitally.

If they're not going to release the show the same night/next night, then that's what DMBLive should be. But we can debate that over and over and over again.

Tomacco
08-12-2014, 06:01 PM
I don't even want to own physical CDs at all anymore though. I never use them. I don't even buy releases from shows I attended anymore (I don't own a copy of Live at Wrigley even though I went to both shows), which used to seem insane to me, but I really don't need physical copies of anything anymore. CDs are just so impractical in so many ways.

bsan83
08-12-2014, 10:21 PM
Adding the Seek Up from N3's Lover->Seek Up has to be the number one choice on such a list.

I had forgotten how completely sick this Seek Up was. Roi goes into that Typical-like melody for a bit.

Fan#41
08-13-2014, 06:39 AM

Because sometimes full shows don't need releases. I love compilations and bonus discs. Especially if they truly hit the mark, which admittedly they don't always do. But I like the effort and I think these compilations/bonus releases like the last two Live Trax are a step in the right direction and I hope it continues.

dmb448
08-18-2014, 09:54 AM
I am excited for this.

mrpeters
08-21-2014, 03:03 PM
https://soundcloud.com/dave-matthews-band/tripping-billies-live-trax-31-tweeter-center-at-the-waterfront-june-2001/s-BugQj

Sounding good!

torres
08-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Liking this mix a lot.

mario
08-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Is there a SBD version of Billies from the last few years online somewhere I can compare this to?

I feel like Carter is sounding absolutely out of his mind as I'm listening to this, want to see if I'm mistaken, just don't hear him as clearly in concert, or he really has thinned out his playing in the last thirteen years.

Edit: Found one on Soundcloud. https://soundcloud.com/dave-matthews-band/tripping-billies-1 From Live Trax 22

sean52692
08-21-2014, 05:30 PM
I feel like Carter is sounding absolutely out of his mind as I'm listening to this

:upyours The first few seconds of the song sound like gunshots coming from Carter.

kitkat
09-10-2014, 03:59 AM
less than a week...

MaLaKaS
09-11-2014, 05:29 PM
I caved in and ordered this, but I only order the digital FLAC versions now, since they release vinyl LTs these days.

SonofSuns34
09-11-2014, 06:52 PM
I caved in and ordered this, but I only order the digital FLAC versions now, since they release vinyl LTs these days.

by the time they get to this one it is going to be 2030

Also mine shipped today

Garntd
09-13-2014, 05:37 PM
mix sounds amazing on the previews. Excited for this one

dmb6743
09-13-2014, 10:21 PM
Holy crap Stefan is loud and I love it. Might have to get this one for that fact alone.

Tambourine Man
09-15-2014, 02:56 AM
The mix on this is great. Got Carter turned up on the backing vocals :up yours

Thor2531
09-15-2014, 07:21 AM
I've been underwhelmed with my past couple DMB live purchases but something intrigues me about this one. I was at the height of my fandom due to college/internet but also torn by the direction of the band. Comments about Stefan being turned up and Carter coming across in the vocals are definitely selling me on this. Additional info/highlights is appreciated.

kitkat
09-15-2014, 07:05 PM
so when does this become available? Midnight? i forget...

torres
09-15-2014, 07:07 PM
so when does this become available? Midnight? i forget...

I remember being able to download AFTW at around 2 AM (1 central). Got a confirmation email and sure enough, my FLAC was ready to go. I imagine all digital releases go live around that time.

torres
09-15-2014, 07:11 PM
And these previews have sold me. I'm thinking this will be much like LT25. I remember scoffing at that release but it quickly became a personal favorite, especially the mix. I'll be snagging this first thing in the morning, for sure.

celluloid hero
09-15-2014, 08:08 PM
I've been underwhelmed with my past couple DMB live purchases but something intrigues me about this one. I was at the height of my fandom due to college/internet but also torn by the direction of the band. Comments about Stefan being turned up and Carter coming across in the vocals are definitely selling me on this. Additional info/highlights is appreciated.

My rambling thoughts on this show.

But, this is really similar for me. I was absolutely at my height as a fan coming out of 2000 into 2001. Even though I groaned at my 31st Space Between, I still listened to every show of this year. Now, I find I still remember a remarkable amount about just about every show. I did my top 10 2001 shows a little bit ago in the other thread and scrolling them all, I tried to remember something about the next show before clicking on it. I came up with something, even if it was just a song, (though obviously not something obvious like WTWE). I probably could for 85% of the shows.

I remember really liking this show. I can specifically remember listening to it three times. First was right after it happened. I was excited for Chicago during the two week break. Then on the drive home from Allstate Spring 2002, I listened to the entire weekend from Chicago to Columbus to Cincinnati. I also listened to the DVD-A during a Pac-Man Championship Edition marathon night. I don't know how many shows I can specifically recall three times like that. I look at the setlist and it doesn't thrill me. It has a few of my least favorite tracks. But this show worked together for some reason.

I know this lineup played a few amphitheatres previously and definitely later, but at that point in the tour, it was definitely a well-honed stadium sound that they had. Hearing that on a great amphitheatre tape was really cool at the time. Hopefully you guys give it a full go at the beginning instead of hopping around. I'm looking forward to having another 2001 on my "all releases" playlist that I have on shuffle constantly.

mrpeters
09-16-2014, 09:31 AM
:batsignal

ThememanXX
09-16-2014, 09:39 AM
this release brings me back.....

Picture scenic Camden, NJ on Puerto Rican Pride Day in 2001. Picture the majestic Ben Franklin Bridge. Picture the gridlock that the Puerto Rican Day Parade caused. Picture me, sitting in traffic on said bridge for 2 hours on 6/24. I cut it close to begin with, hitting the bridge around 7:20pm. Finally parked in downtown Camden, a good 7 blocks from the venue in a shady parking garage, around 9pm. Ran to make it JUST IN TIME to hear the end of I Did It, then hit the bathroom while they played Recently, which segued into Ditch.

Made it to my seat during Digging a Ditch. :boohoo

Missed:

What Would You Say
Drive In Drive Out
When the World Ends
So Right
Minarets
Lover Lay Down
Seek Up
I Did It
Recently

mrpeters
09-16-2014, 09:41 AM
bummer no 24 bit this time!

drummerkrf
09-16-2014, 09:42 AM
bummer no 24 bit this time! Yeah. They weren't thinking about that in 2001. The only reason 29 is, is because it's a show from 2013.

Anxious to hear this one, all the same.

I remember having the tri-picture poster from the 2001 tour hanging in my college dorm room, those crazy looking pillar things.

celluloid hero
09-16-2014, 09:45 AM
I really want to hate Best with the Ladies, but I can't.

mrpeters
09-16-2014, 09:52 AM
Yeah. They weren't thinking about that in 2001. The only reason 29 is, is because it's a show from 2013.

Anxious to hear this one, all the same.

I remember having the tri-picture poster from the 2001 tour hanging in my college dorm room, those crazy looking pillar things.

I bet they have masters at higher than 16/44. They were pretty heavily into multi-track archival by 2001, weren't they?

I wonder if LT29 just didn't sell well. Oh well, glad to get a show I was at in 24bit with that one.

torres
09-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong. My PC continues to tell me the plug-in for java is not working. I cannot stand this laptop and windows.

TheNoise
09-16-2014, 11:15 AM
On Satellite and this mix is sounding quite nice

TheNoise
09-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Butch sounds really good on Satellite.

Christopher James
09-16-2014, 11:37 AM
Is this on kickasstorrents yet?

Tomacco
09-16-2014, 12:01 PM
A few songs in, surprised by the different sounding mix. Stefan sounds so much brighter and bouncier than usual. Always love Boyd and Roi in opposite ears. Pretty surprised with how the Ladies are mixed in too, present but completely as backing vocals. Not loud. Butch is also not overbearing in the least. On a lot of parts it actually just sounds like the original five.

Thrawn
09-16-2014, 12:04 PM
I sort of wish Butch was louder. Stefan and Carter sound great, though, and the Ladies aren't loud enough to bother me. Even enjoyed Best with them.

Jack
09-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Actually am really enjoying all of this. Currently finding me an Angel...

DMB1541
09-16-2014, 12:29 PM
I actually am really enjoying this release. Real happy with one.

ThememanXX
09-16-2014, 12:32 PM
:upyours Great to hear the positive reactions to this one.

Mitch
09-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Actually am really enjoying all of this. Currently finding me an Angel...

:lol

Downloaded this morning. Gonna listen tonight. Great to hear all the positive feedback so far.

justdmbobbo
09-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Cannot say enough about this Lover Lay Down. That's exactly how I want to remember Roi. Worth the whole price of purchase.

Enjoyed the 3 day run when I was there in person and enjoying reliving a show again even more. Mix is phenomenal from my perspective. This release will stay high in my DMB rotation.

torres
09-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong. My PC continues to tell me the plug-in for java is not working. I cannot stand this laptop and windows.

Anyone? For whatever reason the plug-in for the downloads keeps giving me an error.

justdmbobbo
09-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Anyone? For whatever reason the plug-in for the downloads keeps giving me an error.

"Umm, Sir. Did you try rebooting your computer?"

--
Actually, I had some trouble this morning too, but found that my Java plugin was being blocked by firefox. Was able to enable it and it worked fine.

torres
09-16-2014, 01:32 PM
"Umm, Sir. Did you try rebooting your computer?"

--
Actually, I had some trouble this morning too, but found that my Java plugin was being blocked by firefox. Was able to enable it and it worked fine.

I cant even get Firefox to work without it crashing. I think it might have something to do with Java and Windows 8 in tandem?

celluloid hero
09-16-2014, 01:43 PM
True story: the loudest crowd pop for a song so far, well into disc 3, is for Angel.

drummerkrf
09-16-2014, 01:56 PM
True story: the loudest crowd pop for a song so far, well into disc 3, is for Angel.

:wtf

Ras Trent
09-16-2014, 02:02 PM
600x600

http://static.squarespace.com/static/5007083584aeb3956d36e720/50f84855e4b055681fbe2dad/53fdcfdde4b070b8a2ea5df5/1409143878669/livetrax_volume03_alternateitunescover_lg.jpg

justdmbobbo
09-16-2014, 02:38 PM
:wtf

I got what you want, I got what you want, I got what you need.

DMB1541
09-16-2014, 02:40 PM
Looking back, I never would have thought that I would be sitting here listening to Sleep to Dream Her and saying "Man, this sure is refreshing sounding. THIS is DMB." Really puts the past few years in perspective.

celluloid hero
09-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Looking back, I never would have thought that I would be sitting here listening to Sleep to Dream Her and saying "Man, this sure is refreshing sounding. THIS is DMB." Really puts the past few years in perspective.

I think this has more to do with the chronology than the music. If you are like a lot of us, everything on Everyday is DMB to us now, because it is associated with the 98 - 02 period that I think a lot of went from casual to hardcore. The song is still bad and would not be popular if it came out now, but in the flow of listening to a show from then, it fits right in. Everyday is terrible. It's my least favorite DMB tune. But it is DMB to me.

Christopher James
09-16-2014, 02:50 PM
I think this has more to do with the chronology than the music. If you are like a lot of us, everything on Everyday is DMB to us now, because it is associated with the 98 - 02 period that I think a lot of went from casual to hardcore. The song is still bad and would not be popular if it came out now, but in the flow of listening to a show from then, it fits right in. Everyday is terrible. It's my least favorite DMB tune. But it is DMB to me.

Just like every album they've ever released (recall how BTCS songs got bashed for being overplayed and not that great in the 1998 and 1999 tours), with time the music evolves and we wear rose-tinted glasses. Everyday was bashed by every single solitary person on every board on the internet.. but now it's all "FTT rocked live," and "I wouldn't mind STDH.." and stuff like that. I'm indifferent to this entirely, just saying this is the nature..

Bluewater34
09-16-2014, 02:51 PM
but now it's all "FTT rocked live," and "I wouldn't mind STDH.." and stuff like that. I'm indifferent to this entirely, just saying this is the nature..

Not "all."

Mersh
09-16-2014, 02:57 PM
Just like every album they've ever released (recall how BTCS songs got bashed for being overplayed and not that great in the 1998 and 1999 tours), with time the music evolves and we wear rose-tinted glasses. Everyday was bashed by every single solitary person on every board on the internet.. but now it's all "FTT rocked live," and "I wouldn't mind STDH.." and stuff like that. I'm indifferent to this entirely, just saying this is the nature..

I guess when 8 of like 11 people who post on the board dig it, it seems like "all."

Mersh
09-16-2014, 02:58 PM
except I will say I have always liked FTT.

TheNoise
09-16-2014, 02:58 PM
#NotAllTDCers

Mersh
09-16-2014, 02:59 PM
damn straight...there are a few of us bad fans.

ThememanXX
09-16-2014, 03:14 PM
I love Sleep to Dream Her. Hated it at first. Might contain my favorite DM lyric.

"It seems so unnerving, yet still somehow deserving that she could hold my heart so tightly and still not see me here."

Jayes
09-16-2014, 03:22 PM
I like STDH as well.

I've been under a rock; where can I find links to purchase digital copies of Live trax and download?

ThememanXX
09-16-2014, 03:23 PM
I like STDH as well.

I've been under a rock; where can I find links to purchase digital copies of Live trax and download?

http://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=1_66292&pc=DMDD118

:nod

Bluewater34
09-16-2014, 03:25 PM
damn straight...there are a few of us bad fans.

:upyours I feel like I'm losing my fucking mind here.

celluloid hero
09-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Love Fool to Think. I have since the day they released the 30 second clips before the album came out. I remember people thought Sleep To Dream sounded like Legend of Zelda music.

I've gotten lucky and gotten a few shocker versions at Creek and Alpine the past few years.