PDA

View Full Version : DMBLive - Georgia Theatre - Athens, GA - October 14, 1994

TheNoise
09-03-2015, 04:18 PM
On October 14, 1994, DMB played it's 8th and final concert at the Georgia Theatre in Athens, GA. Although this show has been widely circulated as a bootleg, for the first time fans will hear this recording in its entirety with the never before heard Seek Up, a funky and audience-aided Recently, and the night's encore, Halloween, which features a “best of” list like Carter drum solo. LeRoi’s performance is stunning - especially his interplay with Dave on Lover Lay Down and his soaring highs on All Along the Watchtower. Other highlights include an on point version of the short-lived Get In Line and Carter’s incredible pocket and backup vocals on The Song That Jane Likes. This Georgia Theatre show showcases a lot of character and Dave and Carter’s vocals really compliment each other beautifully throughout. Item #: DMDD130

http://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=1_5575_15755&pc=DMDD130

http://i.imgur.com/5osNZd8.jpg

Dave Matthews Band
October 14, 1994
Georgia Theatre, Athens, GA

Seek Up
Tripping Billies
The Best of What's Around
Dancing Nancies
Warehouse
Ants Marching
What Would You Say
Lover Lay Down
Jimi Thing
Rhyme & Reason
Get in Line
The Song That Jane Likes
Satellite
All Along the Watchtower
-----------------------------------
Cry Freedom
Recently
Halloween

Jack
09-03-2015, 06:50 PM
I love that Recently was played at this show. One pf my all time most listened to shows was 2/4/94 at this venue and that recently is unreal. So glad they gave the georgia theater crowd an 'encore' performance of it at their final performance.

Mitch
09-03-2015, 07:03 PM
Nice :rawk

I love that Recently was played at this show. One pf my all time most listened to shows was 2/4/94 at this venue and that recently is unreal. So glad they gave the georgia theater crowd an 'encore' performance of it at their final performance.

:upyours always loved that show

Jack
09-03-2015, 07:21 PM
That recording is so good. Just listening to dave's muted guitar intro to minarets is like he is playing it in your face. It is so unbelieveably clear.

Mersh
09-04-2015, 12:39 PM
In Seek Up now. Sounds pretty nice...a lot of Boyd.

Majew10
09-06-2015, 05:06 PM
I swear I had a really good SBD of this show that included Seek Up. Got to check my external.

Majew10
09-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Just dug it out. Missing Recently and Halloween but sounded pretty good. Maybe missing the first minute of Seek Up but its the same version. Heres Watchtower from the SBD I have.

Watchtower: https://www.sendspace.com/file/a1d753

Jack
09-06-2015, 10:08 PM
yup, the known tape faded in during seek up & was cut at the end.

sean52692
10-21-2015, 05:19 PM
Listening to this one for the first time. Dave-centric recording, vocals and guitar brightly coming through.

It could be because I've been listening to loads of '91-'93 today, but I'm struck at how perfectly paced and polished these tunes sound. There's so much depth to each Roi/Boyd solo. This one is bringing the magic.

Awesome Recently intro with that rapid fire/rap part by Dave.

Bluewater34
10-22-2015, 08:17 AM
Yup. Really enjoying this one. It's easily my favorite of the three from this tour. That Recently is definitely the highlight for me.

batleon
12-04-2015, 10:47 AM
I gave this one a listen and... yeah. There is just something about Fall '94 shows that fall flat for me. Almost like they put out their major label debut and proceeded to become "record company guys." There is a polish and professionalism to Fall '94 performances that they didn't have before, but that seems to suck a lot of the life out of their performances that was present just earlier in the year. It isn't until April or May of '95 that they finally seem to get the mix right between polished and loose, and we all know how awesome they sounded at that point.

But this Recently and Halloween are both pretty good for sure.

Also I've never heard 2/4/94 before, I will have to check that out.

Bluewater34
12-04-2015, 01:50 PM
There is definitely a huge energy difference between those early '94 shows and the fall '94 shows.

But I'd disagree that it took them that far into '95 to get back, though. They kicked that year off pretty strong, and only got better. They definitely peaked in April/May, but 2/25/95 is one of the best shows they played that year for my money.

batleon
12-04-2015, 02:39 PM
I think they were inconsistent in early '95, in large part due to Boyd. I remember 2/25 not being a strong show for Boyd, ditto for 2/23, yet 2/24 is a fantastic show, maybe even a show that could fall into the "best ever" category. Even that Lupo's Live Trax they released too sounds just like a Fall '94 show to me. The energy wasn't there yet.

On the flip side listen to Live Trax 12 or the 5/10/95 release, or that awesome Academy show, or 4/7/95. Just stellar stuff at that point.