PDA

View Full Version : DMBLive - April 6, 1994 - Georgia Theatre, Athens, GA

Jack
10-17-2016, 07:28 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/3779/snwn53.jpg

http://warehouse.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=6_1668&pc=DMDD143

The Georgia Theatre, formerly an old cinema, was a prominent music venue in Athens, Georgia. It played host to many up and coming acts in the early 90’s including Dave Matthews Band, who performed there 11 times between August 1992 and October 1994.

A highlight from this show includes a jam that the fans dubbed “Me and Her” and it’s origins are from a soundcheck at the band’s previous show at The Georgia Theatre in February of 1994. This song never reappeared at another concert or on any subsequent recordings.

Other highlights from this great soundboard recording include an early version of Rhyme & Reason and a high energy rendition of What Would You Say, which both appear later in 1994 on the band’s major record label debut release, Under The Table And Dreaming. Item #: DMDD143

Dave Matthews Band
April 6, 1994
Georgia Theatre, Athens, GA

-Set I-
Seek Up
The Best of What's Around
Me and Her ^
The Song That Jane Likes
Dancing Nancies (Streets of Cairo)
Lover Lay Down
Warehouse
Tripping Billies

-Set II-
Two Step >
Ants Marching
Jimi Thing
Rhyme & Reason
Help Myself
What Would You Say
Minarets
Recently (Pretty Girl, Take Me To The River, Norwegian Wood)

-Encore-
Satellite

^ Only known show performance

Jack
10-17-2016, 07:37 PM
:hump

Hopefully this sounds phenomenal. A lot of the Athens Theatre sbds seem to be better than normal.

dmb448
10-18-2016, 07:13 AM
That show looks awesome!

Jack
10-18-2016, 07:31 AM
Those early tricked out recently closers have always been a favorite of mine.

Mitch
10-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Those early tricked out recently closers have always been a favorite of mine.

:upyours same

sean52692
10-18-2016, 10:58 AM
Respectable pick. On the end of Seek Up right now, which is pretty fantastic. Sounds a couple notches fuller than the sbd. Not a huge upgrade. This isn't a must buy, but if you have the $15, why not.

sean52692
10-18-2016, 12:57 PM
A few interesting things about this show.

Obviously Me & Her makes it interesting, I've always loved what Boyd and LeRoi play.

BOWA was missing for the first three months of '94 (and all of Dec 93), then brought back on 4/3.

All things considered for that time period, LLD was played somewhat sparingly.

I love how Boyd mixes up his strumming in the Two Step intro. It's always good to have another pre Crash version. R&R wasn't fully fleshed out either, I remember these lyrics being pretty dark and Roi and Boyd trying to get a feel for their parts.

Right before the "lately I've been feeling low" lyric in Jimi, Boyd interpolates something familiar (I think it's a tiny bit of Hollywood Swinging)

Really, the last 6 songs are all interesting set choices including the Satellite closer.

priceofacoke910
10-23-2016, 09:07 AM
Georgia Theatre is in Athens not Atlanta (thread title) and yes, this is a good show! One of the early shows i used to spin around in the dorm rooms.

Bluewater34
10-24-2016, 09:02 AM
Finally got around to downloading this one, and I'm only up to Warehouse, but so far this is definitely on par with the other spring '94 shows we have, and the second set looks on paper to be the better of the two. This was another worthwhile choice from this series. This Nancies really stood out to me. Boyd is just on fire for this entire tour.

Bluewater34
10-24-2016, 12:06 PM
Just finished the show, and damn that end run of WWYS, Minarets and Recently is absolutely killer. Even if I'd probably rank it as the third or fourth best of the spring '94 show we've gotten, it's still a huge winner as a release.

mrpeters
11-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Am I crazy, or does Me and Her start out sound a little bit like Pearl Jam "Release"

dmb448
08-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Would someone be able to PM me a copy of this show? Thanks if you can.

Mike VDH
08-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Would someone be able to PM me a copy of this show? Thanks if you can.

Please refrain from asking for links to recordings still available for sale. Thanks!