These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2021, 03:41 PM   #901
suicide kills
gutshot and bleeding

Crazy thing, I also don't let rapists and predators continue to play at my venues.
suicide kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:49 PM   #902
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide kills View Post
Tell that to the underage girl he was trading messages with, knowing she was underage. ��♀️

Plenty of musicians have done plenty of terrible things. This was as close as I've been to it, and the person I'd put the most money towards. And as someone who teaches the young women musicians who are going out there into this shitty business, finding out just how twisted his shit was, that was a problem for me.
I don't disagree with anything you're saying here, except this one part:

Quote:
Ryan went well above and beyond that, leveraging exposure for sexual gratitude and threatening and harassing women

I don't know that that behavior was really all that far beyond the median level of shittiness from professional musicians, unfortunately.

I'm totally cool crucifying the guy, but we shouldn't be making an example of him as the worst offender, there's a fuck ton more musicians we ought to be crucifying.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #903
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

How much money have to put towards dmb or Dave?

Boyd - actually sexually assaulted someone.

Youíre totally naive if you think Dave was a saint, especially in the early 90s. Iíll leave it at that. .

You got any old Ryan merch youíd like to send to me? Iím happy to take it off tour hands. I even get to Champaign a few times a year so Iíll come pick it up
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:02 PM   #904
suicide kills
gutshot and bleeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
I don't disagree with anything you're saying here, except this one part:

I don't know that that behavior was really all that far beyond the median level of shittiness from professional musicians, unfortunately.

I'm totally cool crucifying the guy, but we shouldn't be making an example of him as the worst offender, there's a fuck ton more musicians we ought to be crucifying.
Mandy Moore and Phoebe Bridgers would probably have something to say about that.

I didn't say no one was worse. I said this was the closest I've been to it (outside of locals who don't show their faces at my venues anymore) and, for me, that made it worse. I've booked Phoebe. I've booked many others like her. I'd feel like a fucking chump if my iPod shuffled to a DRA song while they were in the club.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:03 PM   #905
suicide kills
gutshot and bleeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
How much money have to put towards dmb or Dave?

Boyd - actually sexually assaulted someone.

Youíre totally naive if you think Dave was a saint, especially in the early 90s. Iíll leave it at that. .

You got any old Ryan merch youíd like to send to me? Iím happy to take it off tour hands. I even get to Champaign a few times a year so Iíll come pick it up
I sold it all on Discogs and put the money to Courage Connection, RAINN, and Rape Advocacy Counseling Education Services.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:23 PM   #906
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

All good causes.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:40 PM   #907
Alan
Those Were The Days

Quote:

Why leave it at that? What do you know?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:50 PM   #908
gweeps
homesick android

I am reminded of Canadian musician Matthew Good, another guy who has been labelled an asshole from time to time. He was accused by numerous women over the past few months of similar behaviour to Adams, although I don't think any underage people are involved. He was dropped by his manager/label, etc.

This is what his website looks like now. [Only registered users can see links.]

He has deleted his social media accounts.

Unfortunately, he has bipolar and alcohol issues, so I think this plays a major part in his behaviour and psychology. But there's no excuse for treating people terribly or using your fame to do so. But I also must give him the benefit of the doubt as he has just been accused, and I have no proof. But the old saying is where there's smoke, there's fire.

Hope he comes back someday. He's as creative and galvanizing a musician as anyone can be. He is also an incredibly thoughtful political activist and an advocate for mental health reforms.

So far though, he has denied any wrongdoing.

Oddly, he too once complained about being in the music industry for nearly 30 years and not being able to afford a house.

And last year, both of his elderly parents died. One of complications of dementia and the other of cancer. And like many other artists he had his career sidelined by Covid. Also, he has other health-related issues that make him vulnerable to the virus, and sickness in general. Things are not cut and dry, although like I said, there is no excuse for deviancy.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:06 PM   #909
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Why leave it at that? What do you know?
Nothing that hasn’t been discussed countless times before in 30 years of people talking about this band on the internet. You can go find it if you’re looking for it.

But, if you’re going to sell all your Ryan Adams stuff because he was a piece of shit to Mandy Moore and Phoebe Bridgers, how can you justify having anything dmb in your collection? Boyd sexually assaulted someone. Much, much worse than what Ryan is being “cancelled” for.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:35 PM   #910
suicide kills
gutshot and bleeding

I don't have any Boyd posters on my wall, either, fanboy. Cute shit, with the minimizing, though. Speaking of being able to find it if you're looking for it, you seem to be missing a whole lot of what Ryan did to people. Not to mention his "I'm not interested in healing" messages after the fact.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:48 PM   #911
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

You consistently hurl personal insults at me. Every post. What’s your problem?

I don’t care if you agree with me. I’ve made my argument and other than calling you naive I never insulted you. I find your argument to be inconsistent. I stated why.

It says a lot about you that you can’t even engage in any dialogue without belittling and insulting people.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:34 PM   #912
Mark THS
100% Player

Quote:
Nothing that hasnít been discussed countless times before in 30 years of people talking about this band on the internet. You can go find it if youíre looking for it.
Can you link us?
Mark THS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:27 AM   #913
mario

Quote:
Nothing that hasn’t been discussed countless times before in 30 years of people talking about this band on the internet. You can go find it if you’re looking for it.

But, if you’re going to sell all your Ryan Adams stuff because he was a piece of shit to Mandy Moore and Phoebe Bridgers, how can you justify having anything dmb in your collection? Boyd sexually assaulted someone. Much, much worse than what Ryan is being “cancelled” for.
RA's behavior was much worse than Boyd's. No one underage was ever involved with Boyd.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:03 AM   #914
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Boyd was accused of grooming and drugging underage kids at his home, which came to light before we learned he was jerking off on sleeping people.

Ryan was cleared by the fbi for what he was accused of with a minor. Boyd got the underage part dropped from his lawsuit.

Believe that Ryan is a pedo and Boyd isnt if it helps you justify your fandom, sure, or realize your heroes, in music and sport, are often fucks.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:19 AM   #915
mario

Quote:
Boyd was accused of grooming and drugging underage kids at his home, which came to light before we learned he was jerking off on sleeping people.

Ryan was cleared by the fbi for what he was accused of with a minor. Boyd got the underage part dropped from his lawsuit.

Believe that Ryan is a pedo and Boyd isnt if it helps you justify your fandom, sure, or realize your heroes, in music and sport, are often fucks.
Citations needed on multiple fronts.

This is the only thing I remember about Boyd and young people:
[Only registered users can see links.]
That's not underage.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:06 AM   #916
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Keep reading, Mario. You’re getting closer.

And no, I’m not googling for any of you. You all know how to use the internet.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:14 AM   #917
mario

So then there's no allegations of Boyd with underage kids....?
Old 07-30-2021, 10:18 AM   #918
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

It’s in the official complaint. We had a whole thread about it. And you have the second most posts in that thread!

He also picked up the sock/jizz guy when he was an 18 year old street performer. I have total confidence Boyd fully vetted every boy/man he groomed….
Old 07-30-2021, 10:19 AM   #919
mario

What is in the civil complaint? A hearsay allegation?

There's no dispute that RA sent thousands of text messages to a 14 year old girl, in the span of 9 months, something in the ballpark of 10 messages per day. He was cleared of sending anything sexually explicit to a minor. But he had a wildly inappropriate personal relationship with her, obviously.

You claimed Boyd, who I in no way ever defended, was as bad as RA. I'm just being factual here: Where's the indication Boyd ever had any inappropriate relationship with minors?
Old 07-30-2021, 10:38 AM   #920
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

I already answered that.

I will pray that you can overcome the trauma of hearing when the stars goes blue next time you’re at Walgreens.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc