These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2017, 09:51 AM   #21281
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
Pretty sure the hard drive in my iPod is finally dying. what's a decent replacement for it? It was a 120 Gig. and I'm fine with just putting some SD cards in it. not interested in using my phone because it's only 16 gigs. I use an FM transmitter in my car so I really don't need the highest quality like that Neil Young one.
There's kits available on Amazon. I bought the kit for my shitty iPhone 5 battery, but have yet to install it yet. The kit itself is nice and comes with all the tools etc.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #21282
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Pretty sure the hard drive in my iPod is finally dying. what's a decent replacement for it? It was a 120 Gig. and I'm fine with just putting some SD cards in it. not interested in using my phone because it's only 16 gigs. I use an FM transmitter in my car so I really don't need the highest quality like that Neil Young one.
I replaced my iPod with an iPod touch. Apple has a recycle program that you can bring your old iPod and get a small discount off your new iPod. As for playing in your car, not sure what kind of set up you have. I have three ways in my car I can play my iPod. Do you have a USB port? Do you have bluetooth? Do you have an aux port? I have my iPod synced with my iPhone and use the bluetooth in the car to play the iPod. When I get a call, it redirects to the iPod and I can still take the call.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:34 PM   #21283
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
I replaced my iPod with an iPod touch. Apple has a recycle program that you can bring your old iPod and get a small discount off your new iPod. As for playing in your car, not sure what kind of set up you have. I have three ways in my car I can play my iPod. Do you have a USB port? Do you have bluetooth? Do you have an aux port? I have my iPod synced with my iPhone and use the bluetooth in the car to play the iPod. When I get a call, it redirects to the iPod and I can still take the call.
If he's using an FM transmitter, most likely he doesn't have modern connectability like USB, BT, etc. available.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:58 PM   #21284
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

correct. and my car is about done so I'm not about to invest in a new head unit or anything just to get one.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #21285
RageATL
The Dude abides

Stuff That Doesn't Need Its Own Thread

Quote:
correct. and my car is about done so I'm not about to invest in a new head unit or anything just to get one.

I will say this, I had a 2010 FJ Cruiser until some redneck pulled in front of me and my truck ate his car. I had only USB in it, no BT. When I got the replacement for that truck (same model but the 2014 version), I got it fully loaded and having BT is pretty sweet.

Last edited by RageATL; 04-17-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:48 PM   #21286
Bluewater34
Is Old

Today in my weird job: Charles Lindbergh's grandson is currently driving around our parking lot in a 1928 Packard that was once driven by his grandfather before having dinner in my brewery with the great grandnephew of the Wright Brothers. So, that's my evening.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:12 PM   #21287
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Today in my weird job: Charles Lindbergh's grandson is currently driving around our parking lot in a 1928 Packard that was once driven by his grandfather before having dinner in my brewery with the great grandnephew of the Wright Brothers. So, that's my evening.
You really should stay off hallucinogens at work, bro.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #21288
Bluewater34
Is Old

Yeah, and I didn't even mention that this happened less than an hour after a dozen WWII-era B-25 and two B-1 bombers flew right over the brewery at low altitude.

It was a really odd day.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #21289
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Yeah, and I didn't even mention that this happened less than an hour after a dozen WWII-era B-25 and two B-1 bombers flew right over the brewery at low altitude.

It was a really odd day.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:46 PM   #21290
Bluewater34
Is Old

It makes sense if you know that Dayton is the home of the US Air Force Museum which had a big ceremony honoring the 75th anniversary of the Doolittle Raid and the one living veteran of the raid. The bombers and the presence of Lindbergh in town are due to that.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:46 PM   #21291
Wildcats82

I'm 34. My 8 year old niece asked me why I'm not married.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #21292
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:

30 next week for me and marriage is nowhere near the radar.

My dad got married at 39... might be closer to the path I end up taking.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #21293
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Quote:
Did you ask her why she doesn't have a boyfriend?
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #21294
mja271

I think what's most important is getting married because that is the actual decision you want to make in your life and not because it's a societal "norm". Whether that means doing it at 25 or 50, I think it's cool. I just get annoyed when people rail on other people on either end of the spectrum. "Why aren't you married, what's wrong with you?" "Marriage is stupid" etc. Big proponent of the 'to each their own' philosophy on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:28 AM   #21295
Wildcats82

You know it's gonna be a good day when your hotel is sold out and half the housekeepers just walk out!
Old 04-21-2017, 09:33 AM   #21296
Wildcats82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
I think what's most important is getting married because that is the actual decision you want to make in your life and not because it's a societal "norm". Whether that means doing it at 25 or 50, I think it's cool. I just get annoyed when people rail on other people on either end of the spectrum. "Why aren't you married, what's wrong with you?" "Marriage is stupid" etc. Big proponent of the 'to each their own' philosophy on this one.
Yep. I really have no desire to get married. Just a personal thing, don't care what other people do. Hell I want everyone to get married, because weddings are fun!

It gets really old when people ask me about it though. Mainly because it's apparently everyone elses business.I'm 'running out of time' which is funny because I didn't know there was a timer to begin with
Old 04-21-2017, 09:45 AM   #21297
mja271

Yea that's gotta be very frustrating. Unfortunately a lot of people look at you like you're a weirdo or something's wrong with you if you're not married. Like the thought that maybe you just don't want to do that with your life has never crossed their mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:36 PM   #21298
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post

30 next week for me and marriage is nowhere near the radar.

My dad got married at 39... might be closer to the path I end up taking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Yea that's gotta be very frustrating. Unfortunately a lot of people look at you like you're a weirdo or something's wrong with you if you're not married. Like the thought that maybe you just don't want to do that with your life has never crossed their mind.

No need to feel bad about not being married. I'm 41 years old, not married and have no girlfriend. Honestly, I'm not even looking for a girlfriend. I'm mostly happy being single. I do miss sex though.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:37 PM   #21299
Wildcats82

I don't feel bad about it. I'm sick of people trying to make me feel bad about it.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #21300
Wildcats82

Quote:
You know it's gonna be a good day when your hotel is sold out and half the housekeepers just walk out!
Yeah fuck today. Feel bad for all of our guests that have to wait for rooms to be cleaned. Not looking forward to tomorrow.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc